Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular cloning in Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
Locale: Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
Topic: molecular cloning
- Lindemans M, Janssen T, Husson S, Meelkop E, Temmerman L, Clynen E, et al. A neuromedin-pyrokinin-like neuropeptide signaling system in Caenorhabditis elegans. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:760-4 pubmed publisher..In vertebrates, NMU is the putative homolog of a protostomian CAPA-PK. ..
- Simonet G, Breugelmans B, Proost P, Claeys I, Van Damme J, De Loof A, et al. Characterization of two novel pacifastin-like peptide precursor isoforms in the desert locust (Schistocerca gregaria): cDNA cloning, functional analysis and real-time RT-PCR gene expression studies. Biochem J. 2005;388:281-9 pubmed
- Rector A, Tachezy R, Van Doorslaer K, MacNamara T, Burk R, Sundberg J, et al. Isolation and cloning of a papillomavirus from a North American porcupine by using multiply primed rolling-circle amplification: the Erethizon dorsatum papillomavirus type 1. Virology. 2005;331:449-56 pubmed publisher..EdPV-1 is only distantly related to other benign cutaneous papillomavirus sequences and is the first member of the novel Sigma papillomavirus genus...
- Hens K, Macours N, Claeys I, Francis C, Huybrechts R. Cloning and expression of the yolk protein of the tsetse fly Glossina morsitans morsitans. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;34:1281-7 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed that only the ovarian follicle cells, and not the fat body represents the site of yolk protein synthesis. ..
- Lavigne R, Burkal tseva M, Robben J, Sykilinda N, Kurochkina L, Grymonprez B, et al. The genome of bacteriophage phiKMV, a T7-like virus infecting Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Virology. 2003;312:49-59 pubmed..Also, the strong virulence toward many clinical P. aeruginosa isolates and a short replication time make phiKMV attractive for phage therapy or a potential source for antimicrobial proteins...
- Frints S, Marynen P, Hartmann D, Fryns J, Steyaert J, Schachner M, et al. CALL interrupted in a patient with non-specific mental retardation: gene dosage-dependent alteration of murine brain development and behavior. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:1463-74 pubmed..This suggests that the CALL gene at 3p26.3 is a prime candidate for an autosomal form of mental retardation. So far, mutation analysis of the CALL gene in patients with non-specific MR did not reveal any disease-associated mutations. ..
- Freson K, Thys C, Wittewrongel C, Vermylen J, Hoylaerts M, Van Geet C. Molecular cloning and characterization of the GATA1 cofactor human FOG1 and assessment of its binding to GATA1 proteins carrying D218 substitutions. Hum Genet. 2003;112:42-9 pubmed..The identification of the human FOG1 gene will enable the genetic screening of patients with non X-linked thrombocytopenia and dyserythropoiesis. ..
- Van Veldhoven P, Gijsbers S, Mannaerts G, Vermeesch J, Brys V. Human sphingosine-1-phosphate lyase: cDNA cloning, functional expression studies and mapping to chromosome 10q22(1). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1487:128-34 pubmed..Northern analysis showed the presence of rare large-sized mRNAs of 6.7, 5.8 and 4 kb and the highest expression in liver. By fluorescent in situ hybridization, the gene was mapped to chromosome 10q22. ..
- Baens M, Marynen P. A human homologue (BICD1) of the Drosophila bicaudal-D gene. Genomics. 1997;45:601-6 pubmed..The conserved structural characteristics of the BICD1 protein and its expression in muscle and especially brain suggest that BICD1 is a component of a cytoskeleton-based mRNA sorting mechanism conserved during evolution. ..
- Mertens I, Meeusen T, Huybrechts R, De Loof A, Schoofs L. Characterization of the short neuropeptide F receptor from Drosophila melanogaster. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;297:1140-8 pubmed
- Rector A, Mostmans S, Van Doorslaer K, McKnight C, Maes R, Wise A, et al. Genetic characterization of the first chiropteran papillomavirus, isolated from a basosquamous carcinoma in an Egyptian fruit bat: the Rousettus aegyptiacus papillomavirus type 1. Vet Microbiol. 2006;117:267-75 pubmed publisher..This is the first time a papillomavirus has been isolated and characterized from a member of the Chiroptera order...
- De Nys K, Meyhi E, Mannaerts G, Fransen M, Van Veldhoven P. Characterisation of human peroxisomal 2,4-dienoyl-CoA reductase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1533:66-72 pubmed..Hence, the reductase does not seem to constitute a rate limiting step in the peroxisomal degradation of docosahexaenoic acid. The reduction of docosaheptaenoyl-CoA, however, was severely decreased in the presence of albumin. ..