Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
Locale: Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
Publications434 found, 100 shown here
- Bonnefoy A, Daenens K, Feys H, De Vos R, Vandervoort P, Vermylen J, et al. Thrombospondin-1 controls vascular platelet recruitment and thrombus adherence in mice by protecting (sub)endothelial VWF from cleavage by ADAMTS13. Blood. 2006;107:955-64 pubmed
- Cassiman D, Sinelli N, Bockx I, Vander Borght S, Petersen B, De Vos R, et al. Human hepatic progenitor cells express vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor type 2 and receive nerve endings. Liver Int. 2007;27:323-8 pubmed..These features, and the fact that HPC numbers are influenced by the presence or absence of the autonomic innervation of the liver, suggest a direct interaction. ..
- Daans M, Lories R, Luyten F. Dynamic activation of bone morphogenetic protein signaling in collagen-induced arthritis supports their role in joint homeostasis and disease. Arthritis Res Ther. 2008;10:R115 pubmed publisher..Different types of source and target cells are recognized. These data further support a role for BMP signaling in arthritis. ..
- Ceyssens P, BRABBAN A, Rogge L, Lewis M, Pickard D, Goulding D, et al. Molecular and physiological analysis of three Pseudomonas aeruginosa phages belonging to the "N4-like viruses". Virology. 2010;405:26-30 pubmed publisher..These phages are the first described representatives of a novel kind of obligatory lytic P. aeruginosa-infecting phages, belonging to the widespread "N4-like viruses" genus...
- Heeman B, Van den Haute C, Aelvoet S, Valsecchi F, Rodenburg R, Reumers V, et al. Depletion of PINK1 affects mitochondrial metabolism, calcium homeostasis and energy maintenance. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1115-25 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a key role for PINK1 in the regulation of mitochondrial homeostasis and energy metabolism under physiological conditions. ..
- Napierska D, Thomassen L, Vanaudenaerde B, Luyts K, Lison D, Martens J, et al. Cytokine production by co-cultures exposed to monodisperse amorphous silica nanoparticles: the role of size and surface area. Toxicol Lett. 2012;211:98-104 pubmed publisher..This work shows the role of size and SA in cellular response to amorphous nanosilica. ..
- Van Bergen T, Marshall D, Van de Veire S, Vandewalle E, Moons L, Herman J, et al. The role of LOX and LOXL2 in scar formation after glaucoma surgery. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:5788-96 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LOXL2 could be an appealing target for treatment of scar formation after glaucoma surgery, and point to the potential therapeutic benefits of simtuzumab, a humanized monoclonal antibody derived from GS-607601. ..
- van Nieuwenhuijze A, Liston A. The Molecular Control of Regulatory T Cell Induction. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2015;136:69-97 pubmed publisher..The two main Treg populations in vivo, thymic Tregs and peripheral Tregs, differ in the pathways followed for their maturation. This chapter discusses the molecular control of Treg induction, in the thymus as well as the periphery. ..
- Delesalle C, De Bruijn M, Wilmink S, Vandendriessche H, Mol G, Boshuizen B, et al. White muscle disease in foals: focus on selenium soil content. A case series. BMC Vet Res. 2017;13:121 pubmed publisher..Certain regions in the Netherlands are sufficiently Se deficient to predispose newborn foals to develop WMD, especially when they are being fed a diet that mainly consists of locally harvested roughage. ..
- Van de Loo J, Creemers J, Bright N, Young B, Roebroek A, Van de Ven W. Biosynthesis, distinct post-translational modifications, and functional characterization of lymphoma proprotein convertase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:27116-23 pubmed..Whereas for furin a basic substrate residue at position P-2 is dispensable, it is essential for LPC. For optimal LPC substrate processing activity, an arginine at position P-6 is preferred over an arginine at P-4. ..
- Ulens C, Tytgat J. Functional heteromerization of HCN1 and HCN2 pacemaker channels. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6069-72 pubmed..We suggest that heteromerization may increase the functional diversity beyond the levels expected from the number of HCN channel genes and their differential distribution. ..
- Jeurissen A, Wuyts M, Kasran A, Ramdien Murli S, Boon L, Ceuppens J, et al. Essential role for CD40 ligand interactions in T lymphocyte-mediated modulation of the murine immune response to pneumococcal capsular polysaccharides. J Immunol. 2002;168:2773-81 pubmed..In summary, our data provide evidence that T lymphocytes contribute to the regulation of the anti-caps-PS immune response in a CD40L-dependent manner. ..
- Van Dyck S, Van Schepdael A, Hoogmartens J. Kinetic study of gamma-glutamyltransferase activity by electrophoretically mediated microanalysis combined with micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography. Electrophoresis. 2002;23:2854-9 pubmed..With the developed in-capillary activity assay an average Michaelis constant (K(M)) for GGT was calculated to be 2.09 mM (RSD = 7.3%, n = 3), a value consistent with previously reported values. ..
- Vandemaele F, Vandekerchove D, Vereecken M, Derijcke J, Dho Moulin M, Goddeeris B. Sequence analysis demonstrates the conservation of fimH and variability of fimA throughout avian pathogenic Escherichia coli (APEC). Vet Res. 2003;34:153-63 pubmed..This study elucidated the molecular structure and the degree of conservation of FimH and FimA among various avian pathogenic E. coli strains. ..
- Li X, Tjwa M, Moons L, Fons P, Noel A, Ny A, et al. Revascularization of ischemic tissues by PDGF-CC via effects on endothelial cells and their progenitors. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:118-27 pubmed..Moreover, delivery of PDGF-CC enhanced postischemic revascularization of the heart and limb. Modulating the activity of PDGF-CC may provide novel opportunities for treating ischemic diseases. ..
- Van Humbeeck C, Waelkens E, Corti O, Brice A, Vandenberghe W. Parkin occurs in a stable, non-covalent, approximately 110-kDa complex in brain. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:284-93 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that parkin oligomerizes into a stable, non-covalent, heteromeric complex in vivo, and suggest that parkin may have as yet unidentified stable binding partners. ..
- Monbaliu D, Dubuisson C, Zeegers M, Crabbé M, Fevery J, Pirenne J, et al. Increased serum phospholipase A2 activity after non-heart-beating donor liver transplantation and association with ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Surg Res. 2009;151:125-31 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that an increased sPLA(2) activity and a reduced inhibition may play an important role in the pathogenesis of ischemia-reperfusion injury of NHBD liver grafts. ..
- Roubliova X, Lewi P, Vaast P, Jani J, Verbeken E, Tibboel D, et al. Effects of betamethasone on peripheral arterial development in term fetal rabbit. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2008;43:795-805 pubmed publisher..Analyzing our data using a purpose designed geometrical model, the results suggest that maternal administration of BM promotes changes in vascular morphology, which may be compatible with remodeling and vessel formation. ..
- Lenaerts L, McVey J, Baker A, Denby L, Nicklin S, Verbeken E, et al. Mouse adenovirus type 1 and human adenovirus type 5 differ in endothelial cell tropism and liver targeting. J Gene Med. 2009;11:119-27 pubmed publisher..Our data on the tropism of MAV-1 suggest that this virus may find utility in the field of gene therapy. ..
- Maes C, Goossens S, Bartunkova S, Drogat B, Coenegrachts L, Stockmans I, et al. Increased skeletal VEGF enhances beta-catenin activity and results in excessively ossified bones. EMBO J. 2010;29:424-41 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the finding that VEGF can modulate beta-catenin activity may have widespread physiological and clinical ramifications. ..
- Martens K, Bottelbergs A, Baes M. Ectopic recombination in the central and peripheral nervous system by aP2/FABP4-Cre mice: implications for metabolism research. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:1054-8 pubmed publisher..Because these tissues have an important impact on adipose tissue, care should be taken when using aP2-Cre mice to define the role of the targeted genes in adipose tissue function...
- Nitsch D, Gonçalves J, Ojeda F, De Moor B, Moreau Y. Candidate gene prioritization by network analysis of differential expression using machine learning approaches. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010;11:460 pubmed publisher..7%. In this study we could identify promising candidate genes using network based machine learning approaches even if no knowledge is available about the disease or phenotype. ..
- Cona M, Wang H, Li J, Feng Y, Chen F, de Witte P, et al. Continuing pursuit for ideal systemic anticancer radiotherapeutics. Invest New Drugs. 2012;30:2050-65 pubmed publisher..It may considerably enhance the therapeutic response and open a new horizon for improved cancer treatability or curability. ..
- Van Wielendaele P, Dillen S, Marchal E, Badisco L, Vanden Broeck J. CRF-like diuretic hormone negatively affects both feeding and reproduction in the desert locust, Schistocerca gregaria. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31425 pubmed publisher..Our discussion about the functional relationship between CRF/DH and OMP led to the hypothesis that OMP may possibly act as a monitoring peptide that can elicit negative feedback effects. ..
- Song Z, Liu L, Yue Y, Jiao H, Lin H, Sheikhahmadi A, et al. Fasting alters protein expression of AMP-activated protein kinase in the hypothalamus of broiler chicks (Gallus gallus domesticus). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;178:546-55 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the LKB1/AMPK signal pathway is involved in the energy homeostasis of fasted chicks, and its possible role in feed intake regulation might be mediated by the AgRP/NPY rather than the POMC/CART pathway. ..
- Louwette S, Régal L, Wittevrongel C, Thys C, Vandeweeghde G, Decuyper E, et al. NPC1 defect results in abnormal platelet formation and function: studies in Niemann-Pick disease type C1 patients and zebrafish. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:61-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this is the first report, showing a role of NPC1 in platelet function and formation but further studies are needed to define how cholesterol storage interferes with these processes. ..
- Theys T, Pani P, van Loon J, Goffin J, Janssen P. Three-dimensional shape coding in grasping circuits: a comparison between the anterior intraparietal area and ventral premotor area F5a. J Cogn Neurosci. 2013;25:352-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, area AIP and F5a contain highly similar representations of 3-D shape, which is consistent with the proposed transfer of object information from AIP to the motor system through the ventral premotor cortex. ..
- Floris G, Wozniak A, Sciot R, Li H, Friedman L, Van Looy T, et al. A potent combination of the novel PI3K Inhibitor, GDC-0941, with imatinib in gastrointestinal stromal tumor xenografts: long-lasting responses after treatment withdrawal. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:620-30 pubmed publisher..Notably, after treatment withdrawal, tumor regression was sustained in tumors exposed to GDC+IMA, which was not observed under imatinib. Assessment of PTEN status may represent a useful predictive biomarker for patient selection. ..
- Trovò L, Ahmed T, Callaerts Vegh Z, Buzzi A, Bagni C, Chuah M, et al. Low hippocampal PI(4,5)P? contributes to reduced cognition in old mice as a result of loss of MARCKS. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:449-55 pubmed publisher..These results reveal one of the mechanisms involved in brain dysfunction during aging. ..
- Phng L, Stanchi F, Gerhardt H. Filopodia are dispensable for endothelial tip cell guidance. Development. 2013;140:4031-40 pubmed publisher..Anastomosis, however, shows regional variations in filopodia requirement, suggesting that ECs might rely on different protrusive structures depending on the nature of the environment or of angiogenic cues. ..
- Grootjans J, Zimmermann P, Reekmans G, Smets A, Degeest G, Durr J, et al. Syntenin, a PDZ protein that binds syndecan cytoplasmic domains. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:13683-8 pubmed..We propose that syntenin may function as an adaptor that couples syndecans to cytoskeletal proteins or cytosolic downstream signal-effectors. ..
- Zwijsen A, Van Rooijen M, Goumans M, Dewulf N, Bosman E, ten Dijke P, et al. Expression of the inhibitory Smad7 in early mouse development and upregulation during embryonic vasculogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2000;218:663-70 pubmed..This confirms earlier conclusions of similar, but complementary, experiments using a dominant negative type II TGF beta receptor demonstrating that TGF beta signalling is required for normal preimplantation development. ..
- Meregalli G, Pluymers L, Ollevier F. Induction of mouthpart deformities in Chironomus riparius larvae exposed to 4-n-nonylphenol. Environ Pollut. 2001;111:241-6 pubmed..Survival of the larvae was not affected by the tested concentrations, but the frequency of mentum deformities increased significantly (P < 0.01) after exposure to 4NP...
- Heinzel F, Bito V, Volders P, Antoons G, Mubagwa K, Sipido K. Spatial and temporal inhomogeneities during Ca2+ release from the sarcoplasmic reticulum in pig ventricular myocytes. Circ Res. 2002;91:1023-30 pubmed..This lower number of functional couplons contributes to a slower overall rate of rise of [Ca2+]i. ..
- Kamuhabwa A, Roskams T, Baert L, de Witte P. Microscopic quantification of hypercin fluorescence in an orthotopic rat bladder tumor model after intravesical instillation. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:933-7 pubmed..The results suggest that under these conditions, PDT with hypericin is likely to produce uniform urothelial tumor eradication, without causing damage to the underlying muscle layers. ..
- Tolia A, Chávez Gutiérrez L, De Strooper B. Contribution of presenilin transmembrane domains 6 and 7 to a water-containing cavity in the gamma-secretase complex. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27633-42 pubmed..Our data suggest the possibility that more selective gamma-secretase inhibitors could be designed. ..
- Baes M, Van Veldhoven P. Generalised and conditional inactivation of Pex genes in mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1763:1785-93 pubmed..Although the molecular origins of the observed pathologies have not yet been resolved, several new insights on the importance of peroxisomes in different tissues have emerged. ..
- Geudens N, Van de Wouwer M, Vanaudenaerde B, Vos R, Van De Wauwer C, Verleden G, et al. The lectin-like domain of thrombomodulin protects against ischaemia-reperfusion lung injury. Eur Respir J. 2008;32:862-70 pubmed publisher..These novel findings support further evaluation of recombinant lectin-like domain of thrombomodulin to protect the lung against tissue-damaging pro-inflammatory responses following ischaemia-reperfusion. ..
- Jorissen E, Prox J, Bernreuther C, Weber S, Schwanbeck R, Serneels L, et al. The disintegrin/metalloproteinase ADAM10 is essential for the establishment of the brain cortex. J Neurosci. 2010;30:4833-44 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that ADAM10 plays a central role in the developing brain by controlling mainly Notch-dependent pathways but likely also by reducing surface shedding of other neuronal membrane proteins including APP. ..
- Bauwens M, de Saint Hubert M, Cleynhens J, Vandeputte C, Li J, Devos E. In vitro and in vivo comparison of 18F and 123I-labeled ML10 with 68Ga-Cys2-AnxA5 for molecular imaging of apoptosis. Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2013;57:187-200 pubmed..68Ga-Cys2-AnxA5, but not 18F-ML10, allowed to visualize the effect of tumor therapy in a statistically significant way. ..
- Li J, Cona M, Chen F, Feng Y, Zhou L, Zhang G, et al. Sequential systemic administrations of combretastatin A4 Phosphate and radioiodinated hypericin exert synergistic targeted theranostic effects with prolonged survival on SCID mice carrying bifocal tumor xenografts. Theranostics. 2013;3:127-37 pubmed publisher
- Declerck P, Gils A. Three decades of research on plasminogen activator inhibitor-1: a multifaceted serpin. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2013;39:356-64 pubmed publisher..The review provides an overview on the current knowledge on PAI-1. ..
- Espuny Camacho I, Arranz A, Fiers M, Snellinx A, Ando K, Munck S, et al. Hallmarks of Alzheimer's Disease in Stem-Cell-Derived Human Neurons Transplanted into Mouse Brain. Neuron. 2017;93:1066-1081.e8 pubmed publisher..This novel chimeric model for AD displays human-specific pathological features and allows the analysis of different genetic backgrounds and mutations during the course of the disease. ..
- Abu El Asrar A, Struyf S, Mohammad G, Gouwy M, Rytinx P, Siddiquei M, et al. Osteoprotegerin Is a New Regulator of Inflammation and Angiogenesis in Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3189-3201 pubmed publisher..Osteoprotegerin potentiated the angiogenic effect of VEGF in the in vivo protein gelatin plug assay. These results suggest that OPG is involved in PDR angiogenesis. ..
- Lemmens I, Forsberg L, Pannett A, Meyen E, Piehl F, Turner J, et al. Menin interacts directly with the homeobox-containing protein Pem. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;286:426-31 pubmed..Thus, our study has identified that menin interacts with Pem, and the high expression of these proteins in the testis suggests a role in spermatogenesis. ..
- Lijnen P, Petrov V, Fagard R. Transforming growth factor-beta 1-mediated collagen gel contraction by cardiac fibroblasts. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2003;4:113-8 pubmed..Because contractile activity was correlated with differentiation, the influence of TGF-beta(1) on cardiac fibroblast-induced collagen gel contraction might depend on the promotion of myofibroblast differentiation. ..
- Assefa Z, Bultynck G, Szlufcik K, Nadif Kasri N, Vermassen E, Goris J, et al. Caspase-3-induced truncation of type 1 inositol trisphosphate receptor accelerates apoptotic cell death and induces inositol trisphosphate-independent calcium release during apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:43227-36 pubmed
- Diego Garcia E, Peigneur S, Clynen E, Marien T, Czech L, Schoofs L, et al. Molecular diversity of the telson and venom components from Pandinus cavimanus (Scorpionidae Latreille 1802): transcriptome, venomics and function. Proteomics. 2012;12:313-28 pubmed publisher..Expressed sequence tags from venom glands provide complementary information to MS and reveal undescribed components related to the biological activity of the venom...
- Raemaekers T, Peric A, Baatsen P, Sannerud R, Declerck I, Baert V, et al. ARF6-mediated endosomal transport of Telencephalin affects dendritic filopodia-to-spine maturation. EMBO J. 2012;31:3252-69 pubmed publisher..This suggests a specific microenvironment facilitating ARF6-mediated mobilization of TLN that contributes to promotion of dendritic spine development. ..
- D hondt C, Iyyathurai J, Vinken M, Rogiers V, Leybaert L, Himpens B, et al. Regulation of connexin- and pannexin-based channels by post-translational modifications. Biol Cell. 2013;105:373-98 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will provide a systematic overview of PTMs of communicating junction proteins and discuss their effects on Cx and Panx-channel activity and localisation. ..
- Houbrechts A, Vergauwen L, Bagci E, Van Houcke J, Heijlen M, Kulemeka B, et al. Deiodinase knockdown affects zebrafish eye development at the level of gene expression, morphology and function. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;424:81-93 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the importance of TH-activating and -inactivating Ds for correct zebrafish eye development, and point to D3b as a central player. ..
- Torfs H, Detheux M, Oonk H, Akerman K, Poels J, Van Loy T, et al. Analysis of C-terminally substituted tachykinin-like peptide agonists by means of aequorin-based luminescent assays for human and insect neurokinin receptors. Biochem Pharmacol. 2002;63:1675-82 pubmed..The differential Arg-Met preference appears to be a major coevolutionary change between insect and human peptide-receptor couples. With regard to the peptide agonists, this change can theoretically be based on a single point mutation...
- Menten P, Saccani A, Dillen C, Wuyts A, Struyf S, Proost P, et al. Role of the autocrine chemokines MIP-1alpha and MIP-1beta in the metastatic behavior of murine T cell lymphoma. J Leukoc Biol. 2002;72:780-9 pubmed..This delicate balance should be considered in the design of antichemokine strategies in different tumor types. ..
- Lijnen H, Demeulemeester D, Van Hoef B, Collen D, Maquoi E. Deficiency of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) impairs nutritionally induced obesity in mice. Thromb Haemost. 2003;89:249-55 pubmed..Thus, in a murine model of nutritionally induced obesity, TIMP-1 promotes adipose tissue development. ..
- Muyllaert D, Terwel D, Borghgraef P, Devijver H, Dewachter I, Van Leuven F. Transgenic mouse models for Alzheimer's disease: the role of GSK-3B in combined amyloid and tau-pathology. Rev Neurol (Paris). 2006;162:903-7 pubmed..The data corroborate the hypothesis that GSK-3B is the missing link between the amyloid and tau-pathology, and position GSK-3B as prominent player in the pathogenesis in AD. ..
- Balzarini J. Carbohydrate-binding agents: a potential future cornerstone for the chemotherapy of enveloped viruses?. Antivir Chem Chemother. 2007;18:1-11 pubmed..In addition, influenza virus and coronavirus infections may also qualify to be treated by CBAs. ..
- Van Miert E, Vanscheeuwijck P, Meurrens K, Gomm W, Terpstra P. Evaluation of the micronucleus assay in bone marrow and peripheral blood of rats for the determination of cigarette mainstream-smoke activity. Mutat Res. 2008;652:131-8 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, the micronucleus assay will remain a valuable tool as part of a testing battery used to investigate possible adverse effects related to product modifications. ..
- Kasprowicz J, Kuenen S, Miskiewicz K, Habets R, Smitz L, Verstreken P. Inactivation of clathrin heavy chain inhibits synaptic recycling but allows bulk membrane uptake. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:1007-16 pubmed publisher..Our data not only indicate that chc is critical for synaptic vesicle recycling but they also show that in the absence of the protein, bulk retrieval mediates massive synaptic membrane internalization. ..
- Casteels C, Vanbilloen B, Vercammen D, Bosier B, Lambert D, Bormans G, et al. Influence of chronic bromocriptine and levodopa administration on cerebral type 1 cannabinoid receptor binding. Synapse. 2010;64:617-23 pubmed publisher..These results also suggest that similar chronic L-DOPA and bromocriptine usage is unlikely to interfere with human PET imaging in healthy conditions using this radioligand. ..
- Nicolaï L, Ramaekers A, Raemaekers T, Drozdzecki A, Mauss A, Yan J, et al. Genetically encoded dendritic marker sheds light on neuronal connectivity in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:20553-8 pubmed publisher..We show that DenMark is a powerful tool for revealing novel aspects of the neuroanatomy of developing dendrites, identifying previously unknown dendritic arbors, and elucidating neuronal connectivity. ..
- Declercq J, Kumar A, Gysemans C, Di Pietro C, Schraenen A, Chintinne M, et al. Pdx1- and Ngn3-Cre-mediated PLAG1 expression in the pancreas leads to endocrine hormone imbalances that affect glucose metabolism. Cell Transplant. 2011;20:1285-97 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that once stem cell-derived islet transplantations become possible, the appropriate balance between different hormone-producing cells will need to be preserved to prevent deregulated glucose metabolism. ..
- d Ydewalle C, Bogaert E, Van Den Bosch L. HDAC6 at the Intersection of Neuroprotection and Neurodegeneration. Traffic. 2012;13:771-9 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that a disturbance in the equilibrium between the different functions of HDAC6 could play an important role in neurodegeneration. ..
- Verfaillie T, Rubio N, Garg A, Bultynck G, Rizzuto R, Decuypere J, et al. PERK is required at the ER-mitochondrial contact sites to convey apoptosis after ROS-based ER stress. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1880-91 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it suggests that loss of PERK may cause defects in cell death sensitivity in pathological conditions linked to ROS-mediated ER stress. ..
- Schoffski P. Pazopanib in the treatment of soft tissue sarcoma. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2012;12:711-23 pubmed publisher..This activity was confirmed in a Phase III trial, where pazopanib significantly extended the median progression-free survival versus placebo in a variety of STS subtypes. ..
- Baele G, Li W, Drummond A, Suchard M, Lemey P. Accurate model selection of relaxed molecular clocks in bayesian phylogenetics. Mol Biol Evol. 2013;30:239-43 pubmed publisher..We also illustrate the importance of using proper priors on a large set of empirical data sets. ..
- Premereur E, Janssen P, Vanduffel W. FEF-microstimulation causes task-dependent modulation of occipital fMRI activity. Neuroimage. 2013;67:42-50 pubmed publisher..These results fit with models suggesting that FEF is an important source modulating activity in early sensory cortex and that these influences can be enhanced by coincident bottom-up or top-down signals. ..
- Hemmeryckx B, Hoylaerts M, Gallacher D, Rong Lu H, Himmelreich U, D hooge J, et al. Does rosiglitazone affect adiposity and cardiac function in genetic diabetic mice?. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;700:23-31 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, RGZ promotes adiposity and early signs of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in the diabetic Akita mouse. Thus, this genetically manipulated model may be suitable to test safety of anti-diabetic drugs. ..
- Van Bergen T, Jonckx B, Hollanders K, Sijnave D, Van de Velde S, Vandewalle E, et al. Inhibition of placental growth factor improves surgical outcome of glaucoma surgery. J Cell Mol Med. 2013;17:1632-43 pubmed publisher..These results render PlGF an appealing target for ocular wound healing and point to potential therapeutic benefits of PlGF inhibition for the prevention of surgical failure. ..
- Vanschoenwinkel B, Buschke F, Brendonck L. Disturbance regime alters the impact of dispersal on alpha and beta diversity in a natural metacommunity. Ecology. 2013;94:2547-57 pubmed
- Broeckx V, Boonen K, Pringels L, Sagaert X, Prenen H, Landuyt B, et al. Comparison of multiple protein extraction buffers for GeLC-MS/MS proteomic analysis of liver and colon formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues. Mol Biosyst. 2016;12:553-65 pubmed publisher..In addition, a qualitative comparison was made between the protein extraction efficiency and repeatability for FFPE tissue and fresh frozen tissue. ..
- Bendjelid K, Rex S, Scheeren T, Saugel B. Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing 2015 end of year summary: cardiovascular and hemodynamic monitoring. J Clin Monit Comput. 2016;30:129-39 pubmed publisher..To highlight this new progress, every New Year the journal prints a descriptive review on some important papers published last year in the JCMC and related to blood, cardiovascular function and hemodynamic monitoring. ..
- Fischlein T, Meuris B, Hakim Meibodi K, Misfeld M, Carrel T, Zembala M, et al. The sutureless aortic valve at 1Â year: A large multicenter cohort study. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;151:1617-1626.e4 pubmed publisher..New York Heart Association class improved in more than three-quarters of patients and remained stable. These data support the safety and efficacy to 1Â year of the Perceval sutureless valve in this intermediate-risk population. ..
- Gianuca A, Pantel J, De Meester L. Disentangling the effect of body size and phylogenetic distances on zooplankton top-down control of algae. Proc Biol Sci. 2016;283: pubmed publisher..e. body size) in zooplankton and trophic interactions, and urges for a cautionary use of phylogenetic information and taxonomic diversity as substitutes for trait information to predict and understand ecosystem functions. ..
- Libbrecht L, Meerman L, Kuipers F, Roskams T, Desmet V, Jansen P. Liver pathology and hepatocarcinogenesis in a long-term mouse model of erythropoietic protoporphyria. J Pathol. 2003;199:191-200 pubmed..The classical stages of hepatocarcinogenesis were observed and hepatic progenitor cells appear to be involved in this process. PP acts as the promoting agent and is probably also the initiating agent. ..
- Balzarini J, De Clercq E, Kaminska B, Orzeszko A. Synthesis and antiviral activity of some 5'-N-phthaloyl-3'-azido-2',3'-dideoxythymidine analogues. Antivir Chem Chemother. 2003;14:139-44 pubmed..They did not inhibit recombinant HIV-1 reverse transcriptase. All compounds were inactive against HIV in thymidine kinase-deficient cells, pointing to the compounds' requirement to release free AZT to afford antiviral efficacy...
- Sienaert R, Naesens L, Brancale A, Carangio A, Andrei G, Snoeck R, et al. Metabolic and pharmacological characteristics of the bicyclic nucleoside analogues (BCNAs) as highly selective inhibitors of varicella-zoster virus (VZV). Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids. 2003;22:995-7 pubmed
- Hébert S, Serneels L, Dejaegere T, Horré K, Dabrowski M, Baert V, et al. Coordinated and widespread expression of gamma-secretase in vivo: evidence for size and molecular heterogeneity. Neurobiol Dis. 2004;17:260-72 pubmed..In conclusion, our results suggest that gamma-secretase is a heterogeneous family of protein complexes widely expressed in the adult organism. ..
- Balzarini J, Keyaerts E, Vijgen L, Vandermeer F, Stevens M, De Clercq E, et al. Pyridine N-oxide derivatives are inhibitory to the human SARS and feline infectious peritonitis coronavirus in cell culture. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2006;57:472-81 pubmed..One of the most active and selective compounds was shown to inhibit Fe-CoV replication at the transcriptional level. ..
- Durand J, Nelissen K, Joly O, Wardak C, Todd J, Norman J, et al. Anterior regions of monkey parietal cortex process visual 3D shape. Neuron. 2007;55:493-505 pubmed..These results indicate that extracting 3D spatial information from stereo involves several intraparietal areas, among which AIP and anterior LIP are more specifically engaged in extracting the 3D shape of objects. ..
- Coil D, Anne J, Lammertyn E. A faster and more accurate assay for intracellular replication of Legionella pneumophila in amoebae hosts. J Microbiol Methods. 2008;72:214-6 pubmed..Our experiments using this method have already revealed new insights into the kinetics of intracellular replication of L. pneumophila in Acanthamoeba castellanii...
- Wang H, Sun X, Chen F, De Keyzer F, Yu J, Landuyt W, et al. Treatment of rodent liver tumor with combretastatin a4 phosphate: noninvasive therapeutic evaluation using multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging in correlation with microangiography and histology. Invest Radiol. 2009;44:44-53 pubmed publisher..Single dose of CA4P seemed insufficient for tumor eradication because of evident peripheral residue and recurrence. ..
- Vanoirbeek J, Rinaldi M, De Vooght V, Haenen S, Bobic S, Gayan Ramirez G, et al. Noninvasive and invasive pulmonary function in mouse models of obstructive and restrictive respiratory diseases. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;42:96-104 pubmed publisher..Invasive pulmonary functions allow distinction between respiratory diseases in mice by clinically relevant variables, and should become standard in the functional evaluation of pathological disease models. ..
- Baes M, Aubourg P. Peroxisomes, myelination, and axonal integrity in the CNS. Neuroscientist. 2009;15:367-79 pubmed publisher..It appears that peroxisomes are necessary for the preservation of axonal integrity and for the formation and maintenance of myelin. ..