Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
Locale: Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
Topic: middle aged
Publications340 found, 100 shown here
- Torgersen C, Schmittinger C, Wagner S, Ulmer H, Takala J, Jakob S, et al. Hemodynamic variables and mortality in cardiogenic shock: a retrospective cohort study. Crit Care. 2009;13:R157 pubmed publisher..Since our results must be considered hypothesis-generating, randomized controlled trials are required to evaluate whether targeting these levels as early resuscitation endpoints can improve mortality in cardiogenic shock. ..
- Steppan I, Reimer D, Sevelda U, Ulmer H, Marth C, Zeimet A. Treatment of recurrent platinum-resistant ovarian cancer with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin--an evaluation of the therapeutic index with special emphasis on cardiac toxicity. Chemotherapy. 2009;55:391-8 pubmed publisher..Single-agent PLD at a dose of 45 mg/m(2) is an efficient treatment in recurrent platinum-resistant ovarian cancer and exhibits an exceptionally favorable therapeutic index. ..
- Kiechl S, Laxton R, Xiao Q, Hernesniemi J, Raitakari O, Kahonen M, et al. Coronary artery disease-related genetic variant on chromosome 10q11 is associated with carotid intima-media thickness and atherosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:2678-83 pubmed publisher..62 ng/mL for T/T versus 2.74 ng/mL for C/C or C/T; P=0.023). The coronary heart disease-related variant at the 10q11.21 locus is associated with carotid IMT and atherosclerosis. ..
- Bsteh G, Wanschitz J, Gruber H, Seppi K, Loscher W. Prognosis and prognostic factors in non-traumatic acute-onset compressive mononeuropathies--radial and peroneal mononeuropathies. Eur J Neurol. 2013;20:981-5 pubmed publisher..Little is known about the natural history of non-traumatic compressive mononeuropathies. To improve patient management, prognostic factors and outcome in patients with non-traumatic peroneal and radial mononeuropathies were studied...
- Joensuu T, Joensuu G, Kairemo K, Kiljunen T, Riener M, Aaltonen A, et al. Multimodal Primary Treatment of Metastatic Prostate Cancer with Androgen Deprivation and Radiation. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:6439-6447 pubmed..There were no grade 4 events. Overall survival (OS) at 5 years was 81.3%. The feasibility and safety of aggressive multimodality treatment were good resulting in an excellent median OS of 8.35 years. ..
- Emshoff R, Brandlmaier I, Schmid C, Bertram S, Rudisch A. Bone marrow edema of the mandibular condyle related to internal derangement, osteoarthrosis, and joint effusion. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2003;61:35-40 pubmed..However, the data re-emphasize the aspect that internal derangement, osteoarthrosis, and effusion may not be regarded as the unique and dominant factors in defining TMJ bone marrow edema instances. ..
- Hochmair I, Arnold W, Nopp P, Jolly C, Muller J, Roland P. Deep electrode insertion in cochlear implants: apical morphology, electrodes and speech perception results. Acta Otolaryngol. 2003;123:612-7 pubmed
- Stadlmann S, Pollheimer J, Moser P, Raggi A, Amberger A, Margreiter R, et al. Cytokine-regulated expression of collagenase-2 (MMP-8) is involved in the progression of ovarian cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2003;39:2499-505 pubmed..01). The data indicate that MMP-8 overexpression in OVCAs is regulated by IL-1beta and that pro-inflammatory cytokines may promote the invasive potential of ovarian cancer. ..
- Nopp P, Schleich P, D Haese P. Sound localization in bilateral users of MED-EL COMBI 40/40+ cochlear implants. Ear Hear. 2004;25:205-14 pubmed..It is possible that early implantation for early deafened subjects might allow better acquisition of spatial hearing, thus leading to improved localization performance. ..
- Ruttmann E, Willeit J, Ulmer H, Chevtchik O, Hofer D, Poewe W, et al. Neurological outcome of septic cardioembolic stroke after infective endocarditis. Stroke. 2006;37:2094-9 pubmed..The formidable risk of secondary cerebral hemorrhage due to cardiac surgery seems to be much lower than previously thought. ..
- Arora R, Gschwentner M, Krappinger D, Lutz M, Blauth M, Gabl M. Fixation of nondisplaced scaphoid fractures: making treatment cost effective. Prospective controlled trial. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2007;127:39-46 pubmed..This prospective study compares cast immobilisation with screw fixation and the direct cost with indirect cost of conservative and minimally invasive treatment of undisplaced scaphoid fractures...
- Gabriel M, Decristoforo C, Kendler D, Dobrozemsky G, Heute D, Uprimny C, et al. 68Ga-DOTA-Tyr3-octreotide PET in neuroendocrine tumors: comparison with somatostatin receptor scintigraphy and CT. J Nucl Med. 2007;48:508-18 pubmed..PET was compared with conventional scintigraphy and dedicated CT...
- Haffner M, Petridou B, Peyrat J, Revillion F, Muller Holzner E, Daxenbichler G, et al. Favorable prognostic value of SOCS2 and IGF-I in breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:136 pubmed..Our results suggest that high expression of the STAT5 target genes SOCS2 and IGF-I is a feature of differentiated and less malignant tumors. ..
- Moschen A, Geiger S, Gerner R, Tilg H. Pre-B cell colony enhancing factor/NAMPT/visfatin and its role in inflammation-related bone disease. Mutat Res. 2010;690:95-101 pubmed publisher..This is the first report demonstrating a potential role for this important cytokine/enzyme in inflammation-related bone disease. ..
- Mlekusch R, Humpel C. Matrix metalloproteinases-2 and -3 are reduced in cerebrospinal fluid with low beta-amyloid1-42 levels. Neurosci Lett. 2009;466:135-8 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that MMP-2 and MMP-3 are directly linked to Abeta in the brain and a dysfunction may influence the processing of Abeta. ..
- Bellmann R, Falkensammer G, Seger C, Weiler S, Kountchev J, Joannidis M. Teicoplanin pharmacokinetics in critically ill patients on continuous veno-venous hemofiltration. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010;48:243-9 pubmed..Therapeutic drug monitoring is indispensable during CVVH because of a considerable variability of TP pharmacokinetics. ..
- Beer B, Schubert B, Oberguggenberger A, Meraner V, Hubalek M, Oberacher H. Development and validation of a liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the simultaneous quantification of tamoxifen, anastrozole, and letrozole in human plasma and its application to a clinical study. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2010;398:1791-800 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, plasma concentrations at the lower end of the observed plasma level distribution might represent a hint but not a confirmation for non-adherence in terms of non-daily and irregular intake of the prescribed drug. ..
- Oberaigner W, Minicozzi P, Bielska Lasota M, Allemani C, De Angelis R, Mangone L, et al. Survival for ovarian cancer in Europe: the across-country variation did not shrink in the past decade. Acta Oncol. 2012;51:441-53 pubmed publisher..Actions aiming to harmonise the protocols for therapy should contribute to narrowing the wide gap in survival and research on screening and early detection of ovarian cancer should be enforced. ..
- Melmer A, Fineder L, Lamina C, Kollerits B, Dieplinger B, Braicu I, et al. Plasma concentrations of the vitamin E-binding protein afamin are associated with overall and progression-free survival and platinum sensitivity in serous ovarian cancer--a study by the OVCAD consortium. Gynecol Oncol. 2013;128:38-43 pubmed publisher..041). Higher afamin concentrations in tumor lysates were associated with increased overall survival (p=0.003). These data indicate that afamin is associated with therapy response and survival rate in advanced OC patients. ..
- Bu H, Narisu N, Schlick B, Rainer J, Manke T, Schafer G, et al. Putative Prostate Cancer Risk SNP in an Androgen Receptor-Binding Site of the Melanophilin Gene Illustrates Enrichment of Risk SNPs in Androgen Receptor Target Sites. Hum Mutat. 2016;37:52-64 pubmed publisher..These results unravel a hidden link between AR and a functional putative PCa risk SNP, whose allele alteration affects androgen regulation of its host gene MLPH. ..
- Knabl L, Mutschlechner W, Orth HÃ¶ller D. Evaluation of a multiplex OnSpot Primer-Extension PCR assay in the diagnosis of sepsis. J Microbiol Methods. 2016;120:91-3 pubmed publisher..The PxA assay had a lower sensitivity (0.63 vs. 0.8), but higher specificity (0.83 vs. 0.67) than SeptiFast. ..
- Bechter O, Eisterer W, Dlaska M, Kühr T, Thaler J. CpG island methylation of the hTERT promoter is associated with lower telomerase activity in B-cell lymphocytic leukemia. Exp Hematol. 2002;30:26-33 pubmed
- Fries D, Streif W, Margreiter J, Klingler A, Kühbacher G, Schobersberger W, et al. The effects of perioperatively administered crystalloids and colloids on concentrations of molecular markers of activated coagulation and fibrinolysis. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2004;15:213-9 pubmed..Thus, these results cannot confirm the hypothesis that crystalloid fluids per se cause hypercoagulability in vivo. ..
- Dunser M, Ohlbauer M, Rieder J, Zimmermann I, Ruatti H, Schwabegger A, et al. Critical care management of major hydrofluoric acid burns: a case report, review of the literature, and recommendations for therapy. Burns. 2004;30:391-8 pubmed
- Bonaros N, Schachner T, Oehlinger A, Ruetzler E, Kolbitsch C, Dichtl W, et al. Robotically assisted totally endoscopic atrial septal defect repair: insights from operative times, learning curves, and clinical outcome. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;82:687-93 pubmed..962). Totally endoscopic atrial septal defect repair can be performed safely, and learning curves for operative times are steep. Longer cardiopulmonary bypass times had no negative impact on intraoperative and postoperative outcome. ..
- Schgoer W, Eller P, Mueller T, Tancevski I, Wehinger A, Ulmer H, et al. The MTP -493TT genotype is associated with peripheral arterial disease: results from the Linz Peripheral Arterial Disease (LIPAD) Study. Clin Biochem. 2008;41:712-6 pubmed publisher..011), LDL cholesterol (p=0.002) and apolipoprotein B (p=0.034). Our results provide preliminary evidence for a potential role of the MTP -493TT genotype in the pathogenesis of PAD. ..
- Brandstätter A, Kiechl S, Kollerits B, Hunt S, Heid I, Coassin S, et al. Sex-specific association of the putative fructose transporter SLC2A9 variants with uric acid levels is modified by BMI. Diabetes Care. 2008;31:1662-7 pubmed publisher..Genetic variants within SLC2A9 have significant effects on uric acid levels and are modified by sex and BMI. ..
- Frauscher B, Iranzo A, Hogl B, Casanova Molla J, Salamero M, Gschliesser V, et al. Quantification of electromyographic activity during REM sleep in multiple muscles in REM sleep behavior disorder. Sleep. 2008;31:724-31 pubmed
- Feuchtner G, Stolzmann P, Dichtl W, Schertler T, Bonatti J, Scheffel H, et al. Multislice computed tomography in infective endocarditis: comparison with transesophageal echocardiography and intraoperative findings. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;53:436-44 pubmed publisher..Multislice CT shows good results in detecting valvular abnormalities in IE and could be applied in pre-operative planning and exclusion of coronary artery disease before surgery. ..
- Miltenberger Miltenyi G, Schwarzbraun T, Löscher W, Wanschitz J, Windpassinger C, Duba H, et al. Identification and in silico analysis of 14 novel GJB1, MPZ and PMP22 gene mutations. Eur J Hum Genet. 2009;17:1154-9 pubmed publisher..The CMT1Adup, GJB1, MPZ and PMP22 mutation frequencies were in the range of those described in other CMT patient collectives with different ethnical backgrounds. ..
- Schmid R, Lindtner R, Lill M, Blauth M, Krappinger D, Kammerlander C. Combined posteroanterior fusion versus transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) in thoracolumbar burst fractures. Injury. 2012;43:475-9 pubmed publisher..Mastering both techniques will allow the spine surgeon to be more flexible in specific situations, for example, in patients with neurological deficits or severe concomitant thoracic trauma. ..
- Carbone S, Moroder P, Runer A, Resch H, Gumina S, Hertel R. Scapular dyskinesis after Latarjet procedure. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2016;25:422-7 pubmed publisher..Dyskinesis may be related to the detachment of the pectoralis minor, and variation of the vector and the working length of the coracobrachialis and the short head of the biceps. ..
- Mondello P, Steiner N, Willenbacher W, Arrigo C, Cuzzocrea S, Pitini V, et al. 90Y-Ibritumomab-Tiuxetan Consolidation Therapy for Advanced-Stage Mantle Cell Lymphoma After First-Line Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation: Is It Time for a Step Forward?. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2016;16:82-8 pubmed publisher..However, a prospective confirmatory trial is warranted. ..
- De Luca A, Flandre P, Dunn D, Zazzi M, Wensing A, Santoro M, et al. Improved darunavir genotypic mutation score predicting treatment response for patients infected with HIV-1 subtype B and non-subtype B receiving a salvage regimen. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016;71:1352-60 pubmed publisher..A model with a new darunavir-weighted mutation score outperformed existing GISs in both B and non-B subtypes in predicting virological response to darunavir. ..
- GisslÃ©n M, Price R, Andreasson U, Norgren N, Nilsson S, Hagberg L, et al. Plasma Concentration of the Neurofilament Light Protein (NFL) is a Biomarker of CNS Injury in HIV Infection: A Cross-Sectional Study. EBioMedicine. 2016;3:135-140 pubmed publisher..Because CSF NFL is also elevated in a variety of other CNS disorders, sensitive measures of plasma NFL may similarly prove useful in other settings. ..
- Wanschitz J, Maier H, Lassmann H, Budka H, Berger T. Distinct time pattern of complement activation and cytotoxic T cell response in Guillain-Barré syndrome. Brain. 2003;126:2034-42 pubmed..These findings implicate an important role of cytotoxic T cell responses for myelin damage in subacute stages of GBS. ..
- Emshoff R, Brandlmaier I, Bodner G, Rudisch A. Condylar erosion and disc displacement: detection with high-resolution ultrasonography. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2003;61:877-81 pubmed..Our goal was to determine the feasibility of high-resolution sonography for the detection of condylar erosion and associated disc displacement at the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) condyle...
- Bodner J, Zitt M, Ott H, Wetscher G, Wykypiel H, Lucciarini P, et al. Robotic-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (RATS) for benign and malignant esophageal tumors. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;80:1202-6 pubmed..Ideal indications for this new technology have yet to be established. The esophagus possesses attributes that are interesting for general thoracic robotic surgeons...
- Dunser M, Mayr A, Hinterberger G, Flörl C, Ulmer H, Schmid S, et al. Central venous catheter colonization in critically ill patients: a prospective, randomized, controlled study comparing standard with two antiseptic-impregnated catheters. Anesth Analg. 2005;101:1778-84 pubmed
- Fong D, Moser P, Krammel C, Gostner J, Margreiter R, Mitterer M, et al. High expression of TROP2 correlates with poor prognosis in pancreatic cancer. Br J Cancer. 2008;99:1290-5 pubmed publisher..Targeting TROP2 might be a useful treatment approach for patients with pancreatic cancer overexpressing this cell-surface marker. ..
- Poewe W, Rascol O, Barone P, Hauser R, Mizuno Y, Haaksma M, et al. Extended-release pramipexole in early Parkinson disease: a 33-week randomized controlled trial. Neurology. 2011;77:759-66 pubmed publisher..Tolerability and safety did not differ between the formulations. This study provides Class I evidence that pramipexole ER is not inferior to pramipexole IR in patients with early PD. ..
- Dietmann A, Lackner P, Fischer M, Broessner G, Pfausler B, Helbok R, et al. Soluble endoglin and transforming growth factor-?? and the development of vasospasm after spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage: a pilot study. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012;33:16-22 pubmed publisher..The results of this pilot study indicate that sEng could represent a novel prognostic biomarker for the onset of secondary complications and long-term functional outcome after SAH. ..
- Delazer M, Hogl B, Zamarian L, Wenter J, Ehrmann L, Gschliesser V, et al. Decision making and executive functions in REM sleep behavior disorder. Sleep. 2012;35:667-73 pubmed publisher..Whether this is driven by subgroups of patients prone to develop PD or DLB has to be assessed by follow-up investigations. ..
- Ejaz A, Steinmann E, Banki Z, Anggakusuma -, Khalid S, Lengauer S, et al. Specific acquisition of functional CD59 but not CD46 or CD55 by hepatitis C virus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45770 pubmed publisher..In summary our data indicate that HCV incorporates selectively CD59 in its envelope to gain resistance to CML in serum of infected individuals. ..
- Rehwald R, Loizides A, Wiedermann F, Grams A, Djurdjevic T, Glodny B. Systemic air embolism causing acute stroke and myocardial infarction after percutaneous transthoracic lung biopsy - a case report. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;11:80 pubmed publisher..In addition to hyperbaric oxygen therapy, the preferred treatment options are positioning maneuvers, administration of pure oxygen, and heparinization. ..
- Ninkovic M, Deetjen H, Ohler K, Anderl H. Emergency free tissue transfer for severe upper extremity injuries. J Hand Surg Br. 1995;20:53-8 pubmed
- Bonatti H, Rossboth D, Nachbaur D, Fille M, Aspöck C, Hend I, et al. A series of infections due to Capnocytophaga spp in immunosuppressed and immunocompetent patients. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2003;9:380-7 pubmed..To investigate the epidemiology, microbiology and outcome of infections caused by Capnocytophaga spp. at a single center...
- Steiner H, Holtl L, Maneschg C, Berger A, Rogatsch H, Bartsch G, et al. Frozen section analysis-guided organ-sparing approach in testicular tumors: technique, feasibility, and long-term results. Urology. 2003;62:508-13 pubmed
- Gruber H, Peer S, Meirer R, Bodner G. Peroneal nerve palsy associated with knee luxation: evaluation by sonography--initial experiences. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2005;185:1119-25 pubmed..Sonography allows radiologists to visualize neural and extraneural pathology and to define the exact level and extent of lesions. Thus, it may be a valuable adjunct in the decision of whether surgical intervention is necessary. ..
- Greiner A, Esterhammer R, Messner H, Biebl M, Mühlthaler H, Fraedrich G, et al. High-energy phosphate metabolism during incremental calf exercise in patients with unilaterally symptomatic peripheral arterial disease measured by phosphor 31 magnetic resonance spectroscopy. J Vasc Surg. 2006;43:978-86 pubmed..Consequently, 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy seems to be a useful method to monitor the muscle function of PAD patients for evaluation of established therapies or new therapeutic strategies during research trials. ..
- Stelzmueller I, Goegele H, Biebl M, Wiesmayr S, Berger N, Tabarelli W, et al. Clostridium difficile colitis in solid organ transplantation--a single-center experience. Dig Dis Sci. 2007;52:3231-6 pubmed..Recently, a dramatic increase in the incidence of this complication has been observed. The development of life-threatening toxic megacolon must be considered in solid organ recipients. ..
- Del Frari B, Schoeller T, Wechselberger G. Reconstruction of large head and neck deformities: experience with free gracilis muscle and myocutaneous flaps. Microsurgery. 2010;30:192-8 pubmed publisher..As a filling substance for large cavities, the transverse myocutaneus gracilis flap has many advantages including reliable vascular anatomy, relatively great plasticity and a concealed donor area. ..
- Liebensteiner M, Jesacher G, Thaler M, Gstoettner M, Liebensteiner M, Bach C. Restoration and preservation of disc height and segmental lordosis with circumferential lumbar fusion: a retrospective analysis of cage versus bone graft. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2011;24:44-9 pubmed publisher..Retrospective radiographic analysis...
- Lang S, Kleines M. Two at one blow: reemergence of tularemia in Upper Austria. New Microbiol. 2012;35:349-52 pubmed..In the last 10 years between 2 and 8 cases have been reported annually. Of the total of 40 cases none was reported in the state of Upper Austria. Thus, this case report documents the reemergence of tularemia in Upper Austria. ..
- Heidegger I, Nagele U, Pircher A, Pichler R, Horninger W, Bektic J. Latent hypothyreosis as a clinical biomarker for therapy response under abiraterone acetate therapy. Anticancer Res. 2014;34:307-11 pubmed..001), suggesting that TSH increase is predictive of therapy response. Non-responders showed no change in TSH level during AA therapy. Hypothyreosis may serve as a simple predictive biomarker for therapy response under AA therapy. ..
- Hofer A, Mizuno Y, Frajo Apor B, Kemmler G, Suzuki T, Pardeller S, et al. Resilience, internalized stigma, self-esteem, and hopelessness among people with schizophrenia: Cultural comparison in Austria and Japan. Schizophr Res. 2016;171:86-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, it will be critical to develop culture-specific psychosocial programs and to examine their feasibility and effectiveness among these patients. ..
- Kralinger F, Irenberger A, Lechner C, Wambacher M, Golser K, Sperner G. [Comparison of open versus percutaneous treatment for humeral head fracture]. Unfallchirurg. 2006;109:406-10 pubmed..Percutaneous treatment of humeral head fractures seems to be a reliable method for lowering the risk of avascular necrosis in young patients. ..
- Boesch S, Sturm B, Hering S, Scheiber Mojdehkar B, Steinkellner H, Goldenberg H, et al. Neurological effects of recombinant human erythropoietin in Friedreich's ataxia: a clinical pilot trial. Mov Disord. 2008;23:1940-4 pubmed publisher..Safety monitoring with regular blood cell counts and parameters of iron metabolism is a potential limitation of this approach...
- Zangerle R, Kurz K, Neurauter G, Kitchen M, Sarcletti M, Fuchs D. Increased blood phenylalanine to tyrosine ratio in HIV-1 infection and correction following effective antiretroviral therapy. Brain Behav Immun. 2010;24:403-8 pubmed publisher..Future studies might be able to show whether the decline of phe/tyr under ART may concur with the often improved neuropsychiatric status in treated patients. ..
- Gotwald T, Menzler A, Beauchamp N, zur Nedden D, Zinreich S. Paranasal and orbital anatomy revisited: identification of the ethmoid arteries on coronal CT scans. Crit Rev Comput Tomogr. 2003;44:263-78 pubmed
- Schroecksnadel K, Winkler C, Duftner C, Wirleitner B, Schirmer M, Fuchs D. Tryptophan degradation increases with stage in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2006;25:334-7 pubmed..It could also be relevant for the mood of patients, as tryptophan is the precursor of serotonin. ..
- Emshoff R, Gerhard S, Ennemoser T, Rudisch A. Magnetic resonance imaging findings of internal derangement, osteoarthrosis, effusion, and bone marrow edema before and after performance of arthrocentesis and hydraulic distension of the temporomandibular joint. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2006;101:784-90 pubmed..018). MRI variables of internal derangement, effusion, and BME were related to TMJ internal derangement type III and capsulitis/synovitis; however, arthrocentesis was only associated with a significant change in diagnoses of TMJ BME. ..
- Reimer D, Sadr S, Wiedemair A, Stadlmann S, Concin N, Hofstetter G, et al. Clinical relevance of E2F family members in ovarian cancer--an evaluation in a training set of 77 patients. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:144-51 pubmed..Furthermore, down-regulation of E2F7 may contribute to mechanisms underlying platinum resistance, and calculation of ratios of proliferation-promoting E2F1 to E2F7 could serve as a putative predictor of platinum resistance. ..
- Strasak A, Pfeiffer R, Klenk J, Hilbe W, Oberaigner W, Gregory M, et al. Prospective study of the association of gamma-glutamyltransferase with cancer incidence in women. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:1902-6 pubmed publisher..006). Our study is the first to demonstrate in a large population-based cohort that high GGT levels significantly increased cancer risk in women. ..
- Strasak A, Pfeiffer R, Brant L, Rapp K, Hilbe W, Oberaigner W, et al. Time-dependent association of total serum cholesterol and cancer incidence in a cohort of 172,210 men and women: a prospective 19-year follow-up study. Ann Oncol. 2009;20:1113-20 pubmed publisher..The short-term decrease of cancer risk seen for high levels of TSC may largely capture preclinical effects of cancer on TSC. ..
- Zeimet A, Reimer D, Wolf D, Fiegl H, Concin N, Wiedemair A, et al. Intratumoral interferon regulatory factor (IRF)-1 but not IRF-2 is of relevance in predicting patient outcome in ovarian cancer. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2353-60 pubmed publisher..Of the immunologic parameters investigated, intratumoral IRF-1 expression is the most powerful independent predictor of a favorable clinical outcome. ..
- Walser G, Unterberger I, Dobesberger J, Embacher N, Falkenstetter T, Larch J, et al. Asymmetric seizure termination in primary and secondary generalized tonic-clonic seizures. Epilepsia. 2009;50:2035-9 pubmed publisher..However, AST was also observed in GE. Therefore, asymmetric clinical signs should not inevitably lead to the assumption of focal epilepsy syndromes. ..
- Heute D, Kostron H, von Guggenberg E, Ingorokva S, Gabriel M, Dobrozemsky G, et al. Response of recurrent high-grade glioma to treatment with (90)Y-DOTATOC. J Nucl Med. 2010;51:397-400 pubmed publisher..Receptor-mediated radionuclide therapy by locally injected (90)Y-DOTATOC is feasible and well tolerated. This approach represents an attractive strategy for the treatment of locally recurring or progressing glioblastoma. ..
- Willeit P, Willeit J, Mayr A, Weger S, Oberhollenzer F, Brandstätter A, et al. Telomere length and risk of incident cancer and cancer mortality. JAMA. 2010;304:69-75 pubmed publisher..58-2.86; P < .001) and individual cancer subtypes with a high fatality rate. In this study population, there was a statistically significant inverse relationship between telomere length and both cancer incidence and mortality. ..
- Kozieł R, Greussing R, Maier A, Declercq L, Jansen Durr P. Functional interplay between mitochondrial and proteasome activity in skin aging. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:594-603 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, pharmacological inhibition of the proteasome led to decreased mitochondrial function, whereas inhibition of mitochondrial function in turn reduced proteasome activity. ..
- Weissenbacher A, Jara M, Ulmer H, Biebl M, BÃ¶smÃ¼ller C, Schneeberger S, et al. Recipient and donor body mass index as important risk factors for delayed kidney graft function. Transplantation. 2012;93:524-9 pubmed publisher..DGF results in inferior 1- and 5-year graft and patient survival. Recipient and donor BMI correlate with the incidence of DGF. Awareness thereof should have an impact on peri- and posttransplant measures in renal transplant recipients. ..
- Nachbauer W, Boesch S, Reindl M, Eigentler A, Hufler K, Poewe W, et al. Skeletal muscle involvement in friedreich ataxia and potential effects of recombinant human erythropoietin administration on muscle regeneration and neovascularization. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2012;71:708-15 pubmed publisher..The rhuEPO-induced changes were subtle, but increased capillary density might result in improved oxygen supply and myofiber function...
- Wenning G, Geser F, Krismer F, Seppi K, Duerr S, Boesch S, et al. The natural history of multiple system atrophy: a prospective European cohort study. Lancet Neurol. 2013;12:264-74 pubmed publisher..Our prospective dataset provides new insights into the evolution of MSA based on a follow-up period that exceeds that of previous studies. It also represents a useful resource for patient counselling and planning of multicentre trials. ..
- Melmer A, Lamina C, Tschoner A, Ress C, Kaser S, Laimer M, et al. Body adiposity index and other indexes of body composition in the SAPHIR study: association with cardiovascular risk factors. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013;21:775-81 pubmed publisher..BAI was inferior to BMI to predict anthropometric parameters other than HC, adiponectin, blood lipids, parameters of glucose homeostasis, and blood pressure in this cross-sectional study. ..
- Janecke A, Li B, Boehm M, Krabichler B, Rohrbach M, MÃ¼ller T, et al. The phenotype of the musculocontractural type of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome due to CHST14 mutations. Am J Med Genet A. 2016;170A:103-15 pubmed publisher..This report should increase awareness for MC-EDS. ..
- Springer J, Lackner M, Nachbaur D, Girschikofsky M, Risslegger B, Mutschlechner W, et al. Prospective multicentre PCR-based Aspergillus DNA screening in high-risk patients with and without primary antifungal mould prophylaxis. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:80-86 pubmed publisher..3% without antifungal mould prophylaxis. PCR has the potential to play a decisive role in the diagnosis and management of Aspergillus infections in centres not applying primary antifungal mould prophylaxis. ..
- Schlimp C, Ponschab M, Voelckel W, Treichl B, Maegele M, SchÃ¶chl H. Fibrinogen levels in trauma patients during the first seven days after fibrinogen concentrate therapy: a retrospective study. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2016;24:29 pubmed publisher..The treatment of severe trauma patients with FC during bleeding management in the first 24 h after hospital admission does not lead to higher FIB levels post-trauma beyond that occurring naturally due to the acute phase response. ..
- Kosaner Kliess M, Kluibenschaedl M, Zoehrer R, Schlick B, Scandurra F, Urban M. Cost-Utility of Partially Implantable Active Middle Ear Implants for Sensorineural Hearing Loss: A Decision Analysis. Value Health. 2017;20:1092-1099 pubmed publisher..95%. In the Australian setting, partially implantable aMEIs offer a safe and cost-effective solution compared with no intervention and are also well accepted by users. ..
- Wetscher G, Gadenstaetter M, Klingler P, Weiss H, Obrist P, Wykypiel H, et al. Efficacy of medical therapy and antireflux surgery to prevent Barrett's metaplasia in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease. Ann Surg. 2001;234:627-32 pubmed..Therefore, patients with reflux disease who have a weak lower esophageal sphincter and poor esophageal peristalsis should undergo antireflux surgery, even if they have only mild esophagitis. ..
- Ezeh B, Haiman M, Alber H, Kunz B, Paulweber B, Lingenhel A, et al. Plasma distribution of apoA-IV in patients with coronary artery disease and healthy controls. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:1523-9 pubmed..Therefore, the antiatherogenic effect of apoA-IV has to be explained by other functional properties of apoA-IV (e.g., the antioxidative characteristics). ..
- Wolf A, Wolf D, Rumpold H, Moschen A, Kaser A, Obrist P, et al. Overexpression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in human inflammatory bowel disease. Clin Immunol. 2004;113:47-55 pubmed..In summary, high local expression of IDO may represent an anti-inflammatory mechanism tempting to counterbalance the tissue-damaging effects of activated T-cells infiltrating the colonic mucosa in IBD. ..
- Rupp C, Fleischhacker W, Drexler A, Hausmann A, Hinterhuber H, Kurz M. Executive function and memory in relation to olfactory deficits in alcohol-dependent patients. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2006;30:1355-62 pubmed
- Aigner F, Boeckle E, Albright J, Kilo J, Boesmueller C, Conrad F, et al. Malignancies of the colorectum and anus in solid organ recipients. Transpl Int. 2007;20:497-504 pubmed..The incidence of anal but not of colorectal cancers in our transplant recipients differed from that of immunocompetent individuals of corresponding age (0.11% vs. 0.002% and 0.25% vs. 0.3%). PTLD may involve the colon. ..
- Strasak A, Kelleher C, Klenk J, Brant L, Ruttmann E, Rapp K, et al. Longitudinal change in serum gamma-glutamyltransferase and cardiovascular disease mortality: a prospective population-based study in 76,113 Austrian adults. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:1857-65 pubmed publisher..Our study is the first to demonstrate that a longitudinal increase in GGT, independently of baseline GGT and even within its normal range, significantly increases risk of fatal CVD. ..
- Ruedl G, Webhofer M, Linortner I, Schranz A, Fink C, Patterson C, et al. ACL injury mechanisms and related factors in male and female carving skiers: a retrospective study. Int J Sports Med. 2011;32:801-6 pubmed publisher..6 times more with females than with males (p=0.005). The forward twisting fall seems to have become the dominant ACL injury mechanism both in male and female recreational skiers since the introduction of carving skis. ..
- Duftner C, Dejaco C, Hengster P, Bijuklic K, Joannidis M, Margreiter R, et al. Apoptotic effects of antilymphocyte globulins on human pro-inflammatory CD4+CD28- T-cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33939 pubmed publisher..CD25 expression and chemokine receptor down-regulation in CD4(+)CD28(-) T-cells only partly explain the underlying mechanism. ..
- Pleyer L, Burgstaller S, Stauder R, Girschikofsky M, Sill H, Schlick K, et al. Azacitidine front-line in 339 patients with myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukaemia: comparison of French-American-British and World Health Organization classifications. J Hematol Oncol. 2016;9:39 pubmed publisher..Patients with AML20-30 should therefore be regarded as having 'true AML' and in our opinion treatment should be initiated without delay. ..
- Kralinger F, Golser K, Wischatta R, Wambacher M, Sperner G. Predicting recurrence after primary anterior shoulder dislocation. Am J Sports Med. 2002;30:116-20 pubmed..Patients in this age group who participate in high-risk sports activities should undergo primary surgical stabilization because of the increased risk of recurrence...