Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
Locale: Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
Publications363 found, 100 shown here
- Arora R, Gabl M, Gschwentner M, Deml C, Krappinger D, Lutz M. A comparative study of clinical and radiologic outcomes of unstable colles type distal radius fractures in patients older than 70 years: nonoperative treatment versus volar locking plating. J Orthop Trauma. 2009;23:237-42 pubmed publisher..Unsatisfactory radiographic outcome in older patients does not necessarily translate into unsatisfactory functional outcome. Nonoperative treatment may be the preferred method of treatment in this age group. ..
- Chemelli A, Wiedermann F, Klocker J, Falkensammer J, Strasak A, Czermak B, et al. Endovascular management of inadvertent subclavian artery catheterization during subclavian vein cannulation. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2010;21:470-6 pubmed publisher..Stent-graft placement may be required in patients in whom balloon tamponade fails or in whom the use of the Angio-Seal device is contraindicated. ..
- Weinberger B, Keller M, Fischer K, Stiasny K, Neuner C, Heinz F, et al. Decreased antibody titers and booster responses in tick-borne encephalitis vaccinees aged 50-90 years. Vaccine. 2010;28:3511-5 pubmed publisher..Our results clearly indicate that the responsiveness of the immune system to vaccination is already impaired at the age of 50. ..
- Fries D, Martini W. Role of fibrinogen in trauma-induced coagulopathy. Br J Anaesth. 2010;105:116-21 pubmed publisher..In multiple trauma patients, priority must be given to early and effective correction of impaired fibrin polymerization by administering fibrinogen concentrate. ..
- Mayr A, Aigner M, Lass Florl C. Anidulafungin for the treatment of invasive candidiasis. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2011;17 Suppl 1:1-12 pubmed publisher..Echinocandins, including anidulafungin, are now generally recommended as first-line therapy in moderately to severely ill patients, those with prior azole exposure, and patients with C/IC caused by Candida glabrata or Candida krusei. ..
- Ortner D, Grabher D, Hermann M, Kremmer E, Hofer S, Heufler C. The adaptor protein Bam32 in human dendritic cells participates in the regulation of MHC class I-induced CD8+ T cell activation. J Immunol. 2011;187:3972-8 pubmed publisher..It is distinct from that of MHC class I recognized by CD8(+) T cells leading to target [corrected] cell death. Thus, our data pinpoint a novel level of T cell regulation that may be of biological relevance. ..
- Morandell D, Kaiser A, Herold S, Rostek U, Lechner S, Mitterberger M, et al. The human papillomavirus type 16 E7 oncoprotein targets Myc-interacting zinc-finger protein-1. Virology. 2012;422:242-53 pubmed publisher..E7C24G retained E7-wild-type capability to inhibit Miz-1-dependent transactivation. These findings suggest that HPV-16 E7 can repress Miz-1-induced p21(Cip1) gene expression...
- Schmuth M, Martinz V, Janecke A, Fauth C, Schossig A, Zschocke J, et al. Inherited ichthyoses/generalized Mendelian disorders of cornification. Eur J Hum Genet. 2013;21:123-33 pubmed publisher..For the clinician, this review outlines an algorithmic approach for utilizing diagnostic clues to narrow down the differential diagnosis and to guide further testing and treatment options. ..
- Heidegger I, Ofer P, Doppler W, Rotter V, Klocker H, Massoner P. Diverse functions of IGF/insulin signaling in malignant and noncancerous prostate cells: proliferation in cancer cells and differentiation in noncancerous cells. Endocrinology. 2012;153:4633-43 pubmed..These data provide new insights into the biology of the IGF network in the prostate, thereby facilitating the design and interpretation of clinical studies investigating IGF1R targeting agents. ..
- Mahlknecht P, Kiechl S, Bloem B, Willeit J, Scherfler C, Gasperi A, et al. Prevalence and burden of gait disorders in elderly men and women aged 60-97 years: a population-based study. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69627 pubmed publisher..Neurological gait disorders in particular are associated with recurrent falls, lower cognitive function, depressed mood, and diminished quality of life. ..
- Xavier C, Parson W. Evaluation of the Illumina ForenSeq™ DNA Signature Prep Kit - MPS forensic application for the MiSeq FGx™ benchtop sequencer. Forensic Sci Int Genet. 2017;28:188-194 pubmed publisher..MPS brings the possibility of complex multiplexing, high sensitivity and sequencing resolution to forensics; however, the need for consensual directions on databasing, data storage and nomenclature must be taken into consideration. ..
- Pinggera D, Unterhofer C, Görtz P, Thome C, Ortler M. Postoperative Thromboembolic Prophylaxis with Low-Molecular-Weight Heparin and Risk of Rebleeding in Patients with Chronic Subdural Hematomas: A Comparative Retrospective Cohort Study. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:284-290 pubmed publisher..24, 95% confidence interval 0.63-2.44, P = 0.532, absolute risk reduction -0.05). Our data provide preliminary evidence that early postoperative administration of LWMH does not increase risk of clinically relevant recurrence of CSDHs. ..
- BÃ¶ttcher B, Seeber B, Leyendecker G, Wildt L. Impact of the opioid system onÂ theÂ reproductive axis. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:207-213 pubmed publisher..Endogenous opioids may also play a role in the pathogenesis of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. In summary, endogenous opioids exert a wide variety of actions within the reproductive system and are worthy of further scientific study. ..
- Chen Y, Bock G, Vornhagen R, Steindl F, Katinger H, Dierich M. HIV-1 gp41 binding proteins and antibodies to gp41 could inhibit enhancement of human Raji cell MHC class I and II expression by gp41. Mol Immunol. 1994;31:977-82 pubmed
- Wiesmayr S, Stelzmueller I, Stelzmüller I, Tabarelli W, Bargehr D, Graziadei I, et al. Nocardiosis following solid organ transplantation: a single-centre experience. Transpl Int. 2005;18:1048-53 pubmed..Nocardiosis is a rare, difficult-to-diagnose-and-treat complication following solid organ transplantation. Intestinal recipients might be at increased risk to develop this infection. ..
- Bacher N, Tiefenthaler M, Sturm S, Stuppner H, Ausserlechner M, Kofler R, et al. Oxindole alkaloids from Uncaria tomentosa induce apoptosis in proliferating, G0/G1-arrested and bcl-2-expressing acute lymphoblastic leukaemia cells. Br J Haematol. 2006;132:615-22 pubmed..Our results show the strong apoptotic effects of pteropodine and uncarine F on acute leukaemic lymphoblasts and recommend the alkaloids for further studies in xenograft models. ..
- Mayr A, Aigner M, Lass Florl C. Caspofungin: when and how? The microbiologist's view. Mycoses. 2012;55:27-35 pubmed publisher..Caspofungin represents a significant advance in the care of patients with serious fungal infections. ..
- Kong W, Scholtz A, Kammen Jolly K, Glückert R, Hussl B, von Cauvenberg P, et al. Ultrastructural evaluation of calcitonin gene-related peptide immunoreactivity in the human cochlea and vestibular endorgans. Eur J Neurosci. 2002;15:487-97 pubmed..CGRP immunoreactivity appeared to be confined to efferent systems in all cases. This study presents evidence that CGRP could serve a role in neurotransmission or neuroregulation in both cochlear and vestibular efferent systems of human. ..
- Hinterhuber H. [The concept of soul in the course of history. Thoughts on psyche, mind and awareness]. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2002;114:822-32 pubmed..Thus, the search for the "soul", a search that occupies so many people, also always involves the search for the whole person. ..
- Dunser M, Ohlbauer M, Rieder J, Zimmermann I, Ruatti H, Schwabegger A, et al. Critical care management of major hydrofluoric acid burns: a case report, review of the literature, and recommendations for therapy. Burns. 2004;30:391-8 pubmed
- Gassner I, Geley T. Sonographic evaluation of oesophageal atresia and tracheo-oesophageal fistula. Pediatr Radiol. 2005;35:159-64 pubmed..These results indicate that mediastinal sonography is a useful tool for the diagnosis of oesophageal atresia and, if air bubbles can be detected, isolated TOF. ..
- Wiesmayr S, Tabarelli W, Stelzmueller I, Nachbaur D, Boesmueller C, Wykypiel H, et al. Listeria meningitis in transplant recipients. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2005;117:229-33 pubmed..Meningitis is a rare complication following organ and stem-cell transplantation and can be caused by a variety of microorganisms...
- Brunner A, Kantner J, Tzankov A. Granulomatous reactions cause symptoms or clinically imitate treatment resistance in small lymphocytic lymphoma/chronic lymphocytic leukaemia more frequently than in other non-Hodgkin lymphomas. J Clin Pathol. 2005;58:815-9 pubmed..Five cases of small lymphocytic lymphoma/chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) associated with granulomatous reactions in lymph nodes and bone marrow were identified, all clinically associated with signs of progressive disease...
- Orth D, Grif K, Dierich M, Wurzner R. Sorbitol-fermenting Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157: indications for an animal reservoir. Epidemiol Infect. 2006;134:719-23 pubmed..Although SF EHEC O157:H- strains are still rare, they may represent a considerable health threat as they can spread from farm animals to humans and between humans. ..
- Tecklenburg K, Burkart P, Hoser C, Rieger M, Fink C. Prospective evaluation of patellar tendon graft fixation in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction comparing composite bioabsorbable and allograft interference screws. Arthroscopy. 2006;22:993-9 pubmed..We evaluated 2 different composite interference screws and compared them with an allograft interference screw over a 2-year period after anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction with an autologous bone-patellar tendon-bone graft...
- Almanzar G, Herndler Brandstetter D, Chaparro S, Jenewein B, Keller M, Grubeck Loebenstein B. Immunodominant peptides from conserved influenza proteins--a tool for more efficient vaccination in the elderly?. Wien Med Wochenschr. 2007;157:116-21 pubmed
- Mittermayr M, Streif W, Haas T, Fries D, Velik Salchner C, Klingler A, et al. Hemostatic changes after crystalloid or colloid fluid administration during major orthopedic surgery: the role of fibrinogen administration. Anesth Analg. 2007;105:905-17, table of contents pubmed..These undesirable effects of intravascular volume therapy can be reversed by increasing fibrinogen concentration by administering fibrinogen concentrate, even during continuing blood loss and intravascular volume replacement. ..
- Haas T, Fries D, Velik Salchner C, Reif C, Klingler A, Innerhofer P. The in vitro effects of fibrinogen concentrate, factor XIII and fresh frozen plasma on impaired clot formation after 60% dilution. Anesth Analg. 2008;106:1360-5, table of contents pubmed publisher..Supplementation of fibrinogen restored all ROTEM parameters after dilution. This effect was partially enhanced by adding FXIII and was significantly stronger than for FFP substitution. ..
- Eschertzhuber S, Brimacombe J, Hohlrieder M, Keller C. The laryngeal mask airway Supreme--a single use laryngeal mask airway with an oesophageal vent. A randomised, cross-over study with the laryngeal mask airway ProSeal in paralysed, anaesthetised patients. Anaesthesia. 2009;64:79-83 pubmed publisher
- Arnitz R, Nagl M, Gottardi W. Microbicidal activity of monochloramine and chloramine T compared. J Hosp Infect. 2009;73:164-70 pubmed publisher..This phenomenon can be attributed to its lipophilicity and smaller bulk, and it should be taken into account when developing and using chloramine antiseptics. ..
- Bauer G, Trinka E. Nonconvulsive status epilepticus and coma. Epilepsia. 2010;51:177-90 pubmed publisher..This pragmatic differentiation could act as a starting point to solve terminologic and factual confusion. ..
- Stemberger S, Scholz S, Singleton A, Wenning G. Genetic players in multiple system atrophy: unfolding the nature of the beast. Neurobiol Aging. 2011;32:1924.e5-14 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the emerging evidence in favor of genetic players in MSA. ..
- Innerhofer P, Westermann I, Tauber H, Breitkopf R, Fries D, Kastenberger T, et al. The exclusive use of coagulation factor concentrates enables reversal of coagulopathy and decreases transfusion rates in patients with major blunt trauma. Injury. 2013;44:209-16 pubmed publisher..The use of CF alone effectively corrected coagulopathy in patients with severe blunt trauma and concomitantly decreased exposure to allogeneic transfusion, which may translate into improved outcome. ..
- Willeit K, Pechlaner R, Egger G, Weger S, Oberhollenzer M, Willeit J, et al. Carotid atherosclerosis and incident atrial fibrillation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:2660-5 pubmed publisher..2; 95% confidence interval, 2.6-6.8; P<0.0001). We found that subjects with carotid atherosclerosis are at high risk of developing AF. ..
- Jakic B, Buszko M, Cappellano G, Wick G. Elevated sodium leads to the increased expression of HSP60 and induces apoptosis in HUVECs. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179383 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found that elevated sodium induces apoptosis. ..
- Bloch J, Ruetz M, Krautler B, Locher K. Structure of the human transcobalamin beta domain in four distinct states. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184932 pubmed publisher..We used this structure to model the binding of anti-B12 into full-length holo-TC and could rule out that the inhibitory function of anti-B12 was based on an inability to form a functional complex with TC. ..
- Emshoff R, Brandlmaier I, Bodner G, Rudisch A. Condylar erosion and disc displacement: detection with high-resolution ultrasonography. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2003;61:877-81 pubmed..Our goal was to determine the feasibility of high-resolution sonography for the detection of condylar erosion and associated disc displacement at the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) condyle...
- Sterlacci W, Heiss S, Augustin F, Tzankov A. Splenic rupture, beyond and behind: a histological, morphometric and follow-up study of 254 cases. Pathobiology. 2006;73:280-7 pubmed..Splenic rupture is due to an often unexpected underlying disease in approximately 10% of the cases. This should be kept in mind when dealing with susceptible patient groups. ..
- Sparr H, Vermeyen K, Beaufort A, Rietbergen H, Proost J, Saldien V, et al. Early reversal of profound rocuronium-induced neuromuscular blockade by sugammadex in a randomized multicenter study: efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics. Anesthesiology. 2007;106:935-43 pubmed..6 mg/kg rocuronium in a dose-dependent manner. Sugammadex enhanced the renal excretion of rocuronium, and its clearance is approximately one third that of rocuronium. ..
- Margreiter C, Aigner F, Orozco H, Wechselberger G, Ollinger R, Bösmüller C, et al. Hepatic artery reconstruction with inferior mesenteric vein graft in pediatric living donor liver transplantation. Pediatr Transplant. 2008;12:324-8 pubmed publisher..From this experience we can recommend the IMV as an alternative to the saphenous vein for an interposition graft...
- Skvortsova I, Skvortsov S, Stasyk T, Raju U, Popper B, Schiestl B, et al. Intracellular signaling pathways regulating radioresistance of human prostate carcinoma cells. Proteomics. 2008;8:4521-33 pubmed publisher..In addition, such analyses may be utilized in predicting cellular response to radiotherapy. ..
- Clementi N, Polacek N. Ribosome-associated GTPases: the role of RNA for GTPase activation. RNA Biol. 2010;7:521-7 pubmed..Certain ribosome-associated GTPases are not reliant on other GEF proteins to exchange GDP for GTP. Furthermore many of these G proteins are not activated by external GAPs, but by evolutionarily ancient molecules, namely by RNA. ..
- Blumer R, Maurer Gesek B, Gesslbauer B, Blumer M, Pechriggl E, Davis LÃ³pez de Carrizosa M, et al. Palisade Endings Are a Constant Feature in the Extraocular Muscles of Frontal-Eyed, But Not Lateral-Eyed, Animals. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:320-31 pubmed publisher..So, if they are proprioceptors, not all species require them. Because in frontal-eyed species, the medial rectus muscle has the highest number of palisade endings, they likely play a special role in convergence. ..
- Pühringer F, Adler R, Mitterschiffthaler G, Koller J, Mair P, Khünl Brady K, et al. [The dose-response relationship and time course of the neuromuscular blockade by alcuronium]. Anaesthesist. 1990;39:508-12 pubmed
- Boesch S, Plörer A, Auer A, Poewe W, Aichner F, Felber S, et al. The natural course of Sneddon syndrome: clinical and magnetic resonance imaging findings in a prospective six year observation study. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2003;74:542-4 pubmed..This prospective six year follow up study suggests a low incidence of territorial stroke but outlines progressive leucencephalopathy in patients with SS. ..
- Lirk P, Colvin J, Steger B, Colvin H, Keller C, Rieder J, et al. Incidence of lower thoracic ligamentum flavum midline gaps. Br J Anaesth. 2005;94:852-5 pubmed..Therefore, the aim of this study was to directly investigate the incidence of lower thoracic ligamentum flavum midline gaps in embalmed cadavers...
- Miltenberger Miltenyi G, Szonyi L, Balogh L, Utermann G, Janecke A. Mutation spectrum of type I glycogen storage disease in Hungary. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2005;28:939-44 pubmed..Our data are suitable to provide DNA-based and thus noninvasive confirmation of diagnosis in Hungarian patients with this disorder. ..
- Kessler T, Lackner J, Kiss G, Rehder P, Madersbacher H. Early proactive management improves upper urinary tract function and reduces the need for surgery in patients with myelomeningocele. Neurourol Urodyn. 2006;25:758-62 pubmed..To investigate whether upper urinary tract function and the need for surgery in patients with myelomeningocele depends on the timing of initiating neurourological management...
- Cavarretta I, Neuwirt H, Untergasser G, Moser P, Zaki M, Steiner H, et al. The antiapoptotic effect of IL-6 autocrine loop in a cellular model of advanced prostate cancer is mediated by Mcl-1. Oncogene. 2007;26:2822-32 pubmed..Our data support the concept of anti-IL-6 targeted therapy in therapy-resistant prostate cancer. ..
- Kuznetsov A, Smigelskaite J, Doblander C, Janakiraman M, Hermann M, Wurm M, et al. Survival signaling by C-RAF: mitochondrial reactive oxygen species and Ca2+ are critical targets. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2304-13 pubmed publisher..MEK was essential for the mitochondrial effects of RAF. In summary, our data show that survival control by C-RAF involves controlling ROS production, which otherwise perturbs mitochondrial Ca(2+) homeostasis. ..
- Hammerer Lercher A, Halfinger B, Sarg B, Mair J, Puschendorf B, Griesmacher A, et al. Analysis of circulating forms of proBNP and NT-proBNP in patients with severe heart failure. Clin Chem. 2008;54:858-65 pubmed publisher..The higher molecular masses for NT-proBNP and proBNP observed in the Western blotting analyses than those expected from calculations can be explained by O-glycosylation of these peptides in vivo. ..
- Virgolini I, Ambrosini V, Bomanji J, Baum R, Fanti S, Gabriel M, et al. Procedure guidelines for PET/CT tumour imaging with 68Ga-DOTA-conjugated peptides: 68Ga-DOTA-TOC, 68Ga-DOTA-NOC, 68Ga-DOTA-TATE. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2010;37:2004-10 pubmed publisher..The same has been done with the relevant and recent literature in this field and the final result has been discussed by distinguished experts...
- Coassin S, Schweiger M, Kloss Brandstätter A, Lamina C, Haun M, Erhart G, et al. Investigation and functional characterization of rare genetic variants in the adipose triglyceride lipase in a large healthy working population. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001239 pubmed publisher..In contrast to these rather small effects, we describe here also the first patient with "neutral lipid storage disease with myopathy" (NLSDM) with a point mutation in the catalytic dyad, but otherwise intact protein. ..
- Dorn L, Finkenstedt A, Schranz M, Prokop W, Griesmacher A, Vogel W, et al. Immunoglobulin subclass 4 for the diagnosis of immunoglobulin subclass 4-associated diseases in an unselected liver and pancreas clinic population. HPB (Oxford). 2012;14:122-5 pubmed publisher..IgG(4) has a reasonable sensitivity and specificity in a liver and pancreas clinic population, where liver cirrhosis appears to be the most frequent differential diagnosis for elevated IgG(4) concentrations. ..
- Faulhaber M, DÃ¼nnwald T, Gatterer H, Bernardi L, Burtscher M. Metabolic adaptations may counteract ventilatory adaptations of intermittent hypoxic exposure during submaximal exercise at altitudes up to 4000 m. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49953 pubmed publisher..As a result minute ventilation and arterial oxygen saturation did not increase during submaximal exercise at simulated altitudes between 2000 m and 4000 m. ..
- Hammerer Lercher A, Ploner T, Neururer S, Schratzberger P, Griesmacher A, Pachinger O, et al. High-sensitivity cardiac troponin T compared with standard troponin T testing on emergency department admission: how much does it add in everyday clinical practice?. J Am Heart Assoc. 2013;2:e000204 pubmed publisher..hs-cTnT detected significantly more cardiac diseases. hs-cTnT and standard cTnT were not independent predictors of ED readmissions and mortality from all causes. ..
- Zenzmaier C, Sampson N, Plas E, Berger P. Dickkopf-related protein 3 promotes pathogenic stromal remodeling in benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer. Prostate. 2013;73:1441-52 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Dkk-3 represents a potential therapeutic target for stromal remodeling in BPH and PCa. ..
- Schwarzler P, Untergasser G, Hermann M, Dirnhofer S, Abendstein B, Berger P. Prolactin gene expression and prolactin protein in premenopausal and postmenopausal human ovaries. Fertil Steril. 1997;68:696-701 pubmed..Significantly increased concentrations of prolactin in premenopausal ovarian tissue verifies its role in human reproduction. ..
- Karl T, Prazeller P, Mayr D, Jordan A, Rieder J, Fall R, et al. Human breath isoprene and its relation to blood cholesterol levels: new measurements and modeling. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;91:762-70 pubmed
- Rieger M, Gabl M, Gruber H, Jaschke W, Mallouhi A. CT virtual reality in the preoperative workup of malunited distal radius fractures: preliminary results. Eur Radiol. 2005;15:792-7 pubmed..01), flexion (P=0.001) and extension (P=0.006) was achieved. Pain decreased from 54 to 7 points. CT virtual reality is a valuable adjunct for the preoperative workup and surgical reposition of malunited distal radius fractures. ..
- Stoiber H, Pruenster M, Ammann C, Dierich M. Complement-opsonized HIV: the free rider on its way to infection. Mol Immunol. 2005;42:153-60 pubmed..In the latter case HIV can be transmitted to cells susceptible for infection. This review discusses several aspects of C-HIV interactions and provides a model for the dynamics of this process. ..
- Gassner C, Doescher A, Drnovsek T, Rozman P, Eicher N, Legler T, et al. Presence of RHD in serologically D-, C/E+ individuals: a European multicenter study. Transfusion. 2005;45:527-38 pubmed..Considering the growing use of molecular typing techniques, correct identification of blood group alleles with scarce or missing antigen expression is of utmost clinical importance and requires reliable population-based frequency data. ..
- Schwentner C, Pelzer A, Neururer R, Springer B, Horninger W, Bartsch G, et al. Robotic Anderson-Hynes pyeloplasty: 5-year experience of one centre. BJU Int. 2007;100:880-5 pubmed
- Jeschke J, Engelhardt T, Piza Katzer H. [Optimal result after ear reconstruction following a dog bite injury]. Unfallchirurg. 2007;110:789-91 pubmed..An aesthetically satisfying immediate reconstruction after refixation of the deep-ithelialised amputated helical rim could be achieved with the aid of a temporal fascial island flap and full thickness skin grafts...
- Anderl H, Hussl H, Ninkovic M. Primary simultaneous lip and nose repair in the unilateral cleft lip and palate. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;121:959-70 pubmed publisher..Because of the good results of this method and the lack of growth retardation, this approach is to be recommended. It also benefits children in underdeveloped countries, where frequent surgery is not possible. ..
- Gasser R. Cholestasis and metabolic bone disease - a clinical review. Wien Med Wochenschr. 2008;158:553-7 pubmed publisher..After orthotopic liver transplantation bone mineral density improves in long-term follow-up. Studies are needed for fracture prevention in chronic liver disease...
- Piza Katzer H, Wechselberger G, Estermann D, Gabl M, Arora R, Hussl H. [Ten years of hand transplantation experiment or routine?]. Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir. 2009;41:210-6 pubmed publisher..Until then indication has to be strict and the operation can possibly only be performed in a few centres. Long-time prospects, disadvantages and complications, as well as side effects have to be presented openly...
- Bellmann R, Falkensammer G, Seger C, Weiler S, Kountchev J, Joannidis M. Teicoplanin pharmacokinetics in critically ill patients on continuous veno-venous hemofiltration. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010;48:243-9 pubmed..Therapeutic drug monitoring is indispensable during CVVH because of a considerable variability of TP pharmacokinetics. ..
- Gebhart M, Juhasz Vedres G, Zuccotti A, Brandt N, Engel J, Trockenbacher A, et al. Modulation of Cav1.3 Ca2+ channel gating by Rab3 interacting molecule. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2010;44:246-59 pubmed publisher..3 currents which should allow these channels to carry a substantial window current during prolonged depolarizations. These data suggest that RIM2 contributes to the stabilization of Ca(v)1.3 gating kinetics in immature IHCs. ..
- Staudinger T, Pipal A, Redl B. Molecular analysis of the prevalent microbiota of human male and female forehead skin compared to forearm skin and the influence of make-up. J Appl Microbiol. 2011;110:1381-9 pubmed publisher..To compare the bacterial diversity of two different ecological regions including human forehead, human forearm and to estimate the influence of make-up...
- Wenning G, Krismer F, Poewe W. New insights into atypical parkinsonism. Curr Opin Neurol. 2011;24:331-8 pubmed publisher..Remarkable progress has been achieved in the field of APDs, and advances in the genetics, molecular biology and neuroimaging of these disorders will continue to facilitate intensified clinical trial activity. ..
- Murr C, Pilz S, Grammer T, Kleber M, Meinitzer A, Boehm B, et al. Vitamin D deficiency parallels inflammation and immune activation, the Ludwigshafen Risk and Cardiovascular Health (LURIC) study. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2012;50:2205-12 pubmed..Our results indicate increased inflammatory processes in patients with low vitamin D status. Further studies should clarify the underlying mechanisms for the observed associations of vitamin D status and inflammatory parameters. ..
- Martowicz A, Rainer J, Lelong J, Spizzo G, Gastl G, Untergasser G. EpCAM overexpression prolongs proliferative capacity of primary human breast epithelial cells and supports hyperplastic growth. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:56 pubmed publisher..EpCAM overexpression resulted in hyperplastic growth in vivo. Thus, we suggest that EpCAM acts as a prosurvival factor counteracting terminal differentiation processes in normal mammary glands. ..
- Lercher P, Widmann U. Association and moderation of self-reported hypotension with traffic noise exposure: a neglected relationship. Noise Health. 2013;15:205-16 pubmed..Further and larger studies are needed to replicate the potential moderating effect of noise on persons with constitutional hypotension. ..
- Kurtz P, Helbok R, Claassen J, Schmidt J, Fernandez L, Stuart R, et al. The Effect of Packed Red Blood Cell Transfusion on Cerebral Oxygenation and Metabolism After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. Neurocrit Care. 2016;24:118-21 pubmed publisher..39 [95% confidence interval 0.09-2.69]; P = 0.04). No relationship between the change in Hb concentration and LPR was found. PRBC transfusion resulted in PbtO2 improvement without a clear effect on cerebral metabolism prior to SAH. ..
- Jobst A, Brakemeier E, Buchheim A, Caspar F, Cuijpers P, Ebmeier K, et al. European Psychiatric Association Guidance on psychotherapy in chronic depression across Europe. Eur Psychiatry. 2016;33:18-36 pubmed publisher..More research is needed to develop more effective treatments for CD, especially in the longer term, and to identify which patients benefit from which treatment algorithm. ..
- Finsterer J, LÃ¶scher W, Wanschitz J, Quasthoff S, Grisold W. Secondary myopathy due to systemic diseases. Acta Neurol Scand. 2016;134:388-402 pubmed publisher..Secondary muscle manifestations of systemic diseases must be addressed and appropriately managed. Prognosis of secondary muscle disease in systemic diseases is usually fair if the underlying condition is accessible to treatment. ..
- Spencer P, Schmutzhard E, Winkler A. Nodding Syndrome in the Spotlight - Placing Recent Findings in Perspective. Trends Parasitol. 2017;33:490-492 pubmed publisher..In our opinion, the proposed causal relationship between OV infection and NS has yet to be demonstrated and, instead, OV infection in NS may be opportunistic. ..
- Kollek M, Voigt G, Molnar C, Murad F, Bertele D, Krombholz C, et al. Transient apoptosis inhibition in donor stem cells improves hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2967-2983 pubmed publisher..Hence, this strategy represents a promising and novel therapeutic approach, particularly under conditions of limited donor stem cell availability. ..
- Xu Q, Schett G, Perschinka H, Mayr M, Egger G, Oberhollenzer F, et al. Serum soluble heat shock protein 60 is elevated in subjects with atherosclerosis in a general population. Circulation. 2000;102:14-20 pubmed
- Fruhwirth M, Clodi K, Heitger A, Neu N. Lymphocyte diversity in a 9-year-old boy with idiopathic CD4+ T cell lymphocytopenia. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2001;125:80-5 pubmed..An accelerated apoptosis (11%) was observed in the CD45RO+, but not CD45RA+ subset. These findings provide evidence that a disturbed thymic T-cell maturation process might play a role in the pathogenesis of CD4+ lymphocytopenia. ..
- Zelger B. [Ten clues to the histopathologic diagnosis of infectious skin diseases]. Pathologe. 2002;23:38-45 pubmed..Clue 10: A lichenoid infiltrate of lymphocytes and plasma cells are a clue to acrodermatitis chronica atrophicans. ..
- Willeit J, Kiechl S, Weimer T, Mair A, Santer P, Wiedermann C, et al. Marburg I polymorphism of factor VII--activating protease: a prominent risk predictor of carotid stenosis. Circulation. 2003;107:667-70 pubmed
- Speth C, Rambach G, Lass Florl C, Dierich M, Wurzner R. The role of complement in invasive fungal infections. Mycoses. 2004;47:93-103 pubmed
- Koller H, Zitt E, Staudacher G, Neyer U, Mayer G, Rosenkranz A. Variable parathyroid hormone(1-84)/carboxylterminal PTH ratios detected by 4 novel parathyroid hormone assays. Clin Nephrol. 2004;61:337-43 pubmed..Depending on those assays, differences in total PTH values mathematically lead to varying amounts of C-PTH fragments resulting in variable, even contradictory PTH(1-84)/C-PTH ratios. ..
- Dunser M, Hasibeder W, Wenzel V, Schwarz S, Ulmer H, Knotzer H, et al. Endocrinologic response to vasopressin infusion in advanced vasodilatory shock. Crit Care Med. 2004;32:1266-71 pubmed..Hemodynamic effects of AVP infusion are independent of baseline plasma AVP concentrations. ..