Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
Locale: Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
Publications330 found, 100 shown here
- Hohsfield L, Geley S, Reindl M, Humpel C. The generation of NGF-secreting primary rat monocytes: a comparison of different transfer methods. J Immunol Methods. 2013;391:112-24 pubmed publisher..This study also provides a basis for further development of primary monocytes as therapeutic delivery vehicles to the diseased AD brain. ..
- Vier J, Groth M, Sochalska M, Kirschnek S. The anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 family protein A1/Bfl-1 regulates neutrophil survival and homeostasis and is controlled via PI3K and JAK/STAT signaling. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2103 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that A1, in addition to the well-established Mcl-1, substantially contributes to neutrophil survival and homeostasis. A1 may thus be a promising target for anti-inflammatory therapy. ..
- Striessnig J, Koschak A. Exploring the function and pharmacotherapeutic potential of voltage-gated Ca2+ channels with gene knockout models. Channels (Austin). 2008;2:233-51 pubmed
- Orth D, Grif K, Zimmerhackl L, Wurzner R. Sorbitol-fermenting Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157 in Austria. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2009;121:108-12 pubmed publisher..Typing methods relying solely on investigation of O157 will detect these strains but should nevertheless also be avoided, so that the prevalent non-O157 strains causing HUS are not missed...
- Falkensammer B, Rubner B, Hiltgartner A, Wilflingseder D, Stahl Hennig C, Kuate S, et al. Role of complement and antibodies in controlling infection with pathogenic simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) in macaques vaccinated with replication-deficient viral vectors. Retrovirology. 2009;6:60 pubmed publisher..Immunization with single cycle immunodeficiency viruses mounts humoral immune responses comparable to live-attenuated immunodeficiency virus vaccines. ..
- Muik A, Kneiske I, Werbizki M, Wilflingseder D, Giroglou T, Ebert O, et al. Pseudotyping vesicular stomatitis virus with lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus glycoproteins enhances infectivity for glioma cells and minimizes neurotropism. J Virol. 2011;85:5679-84 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, VSV-GP has a much wider therapeutic window than VSV and is thus more suitable for clinical applications, especially in the brain...
- Ebner F, Sedlyarov V, Tasciyan S, Ivin M, Kratochvill F, Gratz N, et al. The RNA-binding protein tristetraprolin schedules apoptosis of pathogen-engaged neutrophils during bacterial infection. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2051-2065 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that posttranscriptional gene regulation by TTP schedules the termination of the antimicrobial engagement of neutrophils. The balancing role of TTP comes at the cost of an increased risk of bacterial infections. ..
- Krismer A, Dunser M, Lindner K, Stadlbauer K, Mayr V, Lienhart H, et al. Vasopressin during cardiopulmonary resuscitation and different shock states: a review of the literature. Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2006;6:51-68 pubmed..Clinical employment of vasopressin during hemorrhagic shock is experimental at this point in time. ..
- Hombach J, Bernkop Schnurch A. Chitosan solutions and particles: evaluation of their permeation enhancing potential on MDCK cells used as blood brain barrier model. Int J Pharm. 2009;376:104-9 pubmed publisher..The smaller the particles were, the higher their toxicity was. According to these results chitosan particles are more potent in absorption enhancement than chitosan solutions. ..
- König R, Nassri A, Meindl M, Matuja W, Kidunda A, Siegmund V, et al. The role of Onchocerca volvulus in the development of epilepsy in a rural area of Tanzania. Parasitology. 2010;137:1559-68 pubmed publisher..This raises the question of whether these diseases are associated. We therefore investigated people with epilepsy and/or onchocerciasis living in an area in Tanzania endemic for Onchocerca volvulus (O. volvulus)...
- Podhraski V, Campo Fernandez B, Wörle H, Piatti P, Niederegger H, Böck G, et al. CenH3/CID incorporation is not dependent on the chromatin assembly factor CHD1 in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10120 pubmed publisher..Therefore, centromeric chromatin assembly may involve different mechanisms in different organisms. ..
- Hödl E, Felder E, Chabicovsky M, Dallinger R. Cadmium stress stimulates tissue turnover in Helix pomatia: increasing cell proliferation from metal tolerance to exhaustion in molluscan midgut gland. Cell Tissue Res. 2010;341:159-71 pubmed publisher..8 micromol Cd/g dry weight in the midgut gland of H. pomatia. At these Cd concentrations, Cd-MT was saturated with Cd(2+) ions, whereas at the cellular level, structural alterations turned into pathological deterioration...
- Lagler F, Gersting S, Zsifkovits C, Steinbacher A, Eichinger A, Danecka M, et al. New insights into tetrahydrobiopterin pharmacodynamics from Pah enu1/2, a mouse model for compound heterozygous tetrahydrobiopterin-responsive phenylalanine hydroxylase deficiency. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:1563-71 pubmed publisher..This may lead to important consequences concerning the diagnostic and therapeutic management of patients with PAH deficiency underscoring the need for individualized procedures addressing pharmacodynamic aspects. ..
- Wenning G, Krismer F, Poewe W. New insights into atypical parkinsonism. Curr Opin Neurol. 2011;24:331-8 pubmed publisher..Remarkable progress has been achieved in the field of APDs, and advances in the genetics, molecular biology and neuroimaging of these disorders will continue to facilitate intensified clinical trial activity. ..
- Duwensee K, Schwaiger S, Tancevski I, Eller K, Van Eck M, Markt P, et al. Leoligin, the major lignan from Edelweiss, activates cholesteryl ester transfer protein. Atherosclerosis. 2011;219:109-15 pubmed publisher..015). There was no short-term toxicity apparent in mice treated with leoligin. CETP agonism by leoligin appears to be safe and effective, and may prove to be a useful modality to alter high-density lipoprotein metabolism. ..
- McDonald C, Steinbach K, Kern F, Schweigreiter R, Martin R, Bandtlow C, et al. Nogo receptor is involved in the adhesion of dendritic cells to myelin. J Neuroinflammation. 2011;8:113 pubmed publisher..This interaction could be important in neuroinflammatory disorders such as multiple sclerosis in which peripheral immune cells come into contact with myelin debris. ..
- Zenzmaier C, Sampson N, Plas E, Berger P. Dickkopf-related protein 3 promotes pathogenic stromal remodeling in benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer. Prostate. 2013;73:1441-52 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Dkk-3 represents a potential therapeutic target for stromal remodeling in BPH and PCa. ..
- Gerner R, Moschen A, Tilg H. Targeting T and B lymphocytes in inflammatory bowel diseases: lessons from clinical trials. Dig Dis. 2013;31:328-35 pubmed publisher..Targeting either T-cell migration or the use of regulatory T cells appears as the most promising 'T-cell-directed' therapies in the future. ..
- Martin C, Ahmad I, Klingseisen A, Hussain M, Bicknell L, Leitch A, et al. Mutations in PLK4, encoding a master regulator of centriole biogenesis, cause microcephaly, growth failure and retinopathy. Nat Genet. 2014;46:1283-1292 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we establish that different levels of impaired PLK4 activity result in growth and cilia phenotypes, providing a mechanism by which microcephaly disorders can occur with or without ciliopathic features. ..
- Bader A, Hartl M, Bister K. Conditional cell transformation by doxycycline-controlled expression of the ASV17 v-jun allele. Virology. 2000;270:98-110 pubmed
- Kaser S, Kaser A, Vogel W, Patsch J, Tilg H. Interferon-alpha suppresses leptin levels: studies in interferon-alpha treated patients with hepatitis C virus infection and murine adipocytes. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2002;13:225-9 pubmed..We therefore hypothesize that loss of weight and appetite in interferon-alpha-treated patients with chronic hepatitis C might not be due to an elevation of leptin resulting in signals of increased energy stores in the brain. ..
- Hochegger K, Knight S, Hugo C, Mayer G, Lawler J, Mayadas T, et al. Role of thrombospondin-1 in the autologous phase of an accelerated model of anti-glomerular basement membrane glomerulonephritis. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2004;96:e31-8 pubmed..This study suggests a proinflammatory role of TSP1 in an experimental model of GN. ..
- Speth C, Rambach G, Lass Florl C, Dierich M, Wurzner R. The role of complement in invasive fungal infections. Mycoses. 2004;47:93-103 pubmed
- Moschen A, Kaser A, Enrich B, Mosheimer B, Theurl M, Niederegger H, et al. Visfatin, an adipocytokine with proinflammatory and immunomodulating properties. J Immunol. 2007;178:1748-58 pubmed..Macrophages, dendritic cells, and colonic epithelial cells might be additional sources of visfatin as determined by confocal microscopy. Visfatin can be considered a new proinflammatory adipocytokine. ..
- Tuluc P, Molenda N, Schlick B, Obermair G, Flucher B, Jurkat Rott K. A CaV1.1 Ca2+ channel splice variant with high conductance and voltage-sensitivity alters EC coupling in developing skeletal muscle. Biophys J. 2009;96:35-44 pubmed publisher..1 Delta 29 splice variant revealed the structural bases underlying the specific gating properties of skeletal muscle Ca(2+) channels, and it suggests the existence of a distinct mode of EC coupling in developing muscle. ..
- Subramanyam P, Obermair G, Baumgartner S, Gebhart M, Striessnig J, Kaufmann W, et al. Activity and calcium regulate nuclear targeting of the calcium channel beta4b subunit in nerve and muscle cells. Channels (Austin). 2009;3:343-55 pubmed..The activity-dependent shuttling of beta(4b) into and out of the nucleus indicates a specific role of this beta subunit in neurons, in communicating the activity of calcium channels to the nucleus. ..
- Sucher R, Gehwolf P, Oberhuber R, Hermann M, Margreiter C, Werner E, et al. Tetrahydrobiopterin protects the kidney from ischemia-reperfusion injury. Kidney Int. 2010;77:681-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest that BH4 significantly protects against acute renal failure following ischemia reperfusion. Whether BH4 has a therapeutic potential will require more direct testing in humans. ..
- Kaufmann W, Kasugai Y, Ferraguti F, Storm J. Two distinct pools of large-conductance calcium-activated potassium channels in the somatic plasma membrane of central principal neurons. Neuroscience. 2010;169:974-86 pubmed publisher..This study indicates a common organizational principle for somatic BK(Ca) channels in central principal neurons with the formation of a clustered and a scattered pool of channels, and a cell-type specific density of this channel type. ..
- Gelsinger C, Tschoner A, Kaser S, Ebenbichler C. [Adipokine update - new molecules, new functions]. Wien Med Wochenschr. 2010;160:377-90 pubmed publisher..This review aims to characterize novel, newly recognized adipokines and to discuss their roles in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance and atherosclerosis, as well as other metabolic complications. ..
- Stempel J, Fritsch H, Pfaller K, Blumer M. Development of articular cartilage and the metaphyseal growth plate: the localization of TRAP cells, VEGF, and endostatin. J Anat. 2011;218:608-18 pubmed publisher..In the growth plate, however, endostatin does not appear to counteract VEGF, allowing vascular invasion of hypertrophic cartilage and bone growth...
- Fritz M, El Rawas R, Klement S, Kummer K, Mayr M, Eggart V, et al. Differential effects of accumbens core vs. shell lesions in a rat concurrent conditioned place preference paradigm for cocaine vs. social interaction. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26761 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings suggest that inactivation of the AcbC or the BLA is sufficient to shift CPP away from a drug of abuse toward social interaction. Lesioning the AcbSh produced the opposite effect. ..
- Blum G, Kainzner B, Grif K, Dietrich H, Zeiger B, Sonnweber T, et al. In vitro and in vivo role of heat shock protein 90 in Amphotericin B resistance of Aspergillus terreus. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2013;19:50-55 pubmed publisher..HSP90 seems to play a vital role in antifungal stress response in all aspergilli tested, whereas HSP90 does not substantiate the origin of AmB resistance in ATR. ..
- Lackner M, Lass Florl C. Up-date on diagnostic strategies of invasive aspergillosis. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:3595-614 pubmed..g., Platelia Aspergillus®, Fungitell®, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemisty) and their purposes as screening tools and/or diagnostic tools. This review gives a future outlook on how to best diagnose Aspergillus infections. ..
- Thuille N, Wachowicz K, Hermann Kleiter N, Kaminski S, Fresser F, Lutz Nicoladoni C, et al. PKC?/? and CYLD are antagonistic partners in the NF?B and NFAT transactivation pathways in primary mouse CD3+ T lymphocytes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53709 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study establishes CYLD as a new and critical PKC? interactor in T cells and reveals that antagonistic PKC?/?-CYLD crosstalk is crucial for the adjustment of immune thresholds in primary mouse CD3(+) T cells. ..
- Fitzgerald P, Pinard C, Camp M, Feyder M, Sah A, Bergstrom H, et al. Durable fear memories require PSD-95. Mol Psychiatry. 2015;20:901-12 pubmed publisher..These preclinical findings have implications for developing novel approaches to treating trauma-based anxiety disorders that target the weakening of overly persistent fear memories. ..
- Kleinsasser A, Lindner K, Hoermann C, Schaefer A, Keller C, Loeckinger A. Isoflurane and sevoflurane anesthesia in pigs with a preexistent gas exchange defect. Anesthesiology. 2001;95:1422-6 pubmed..In pigs with an already existent gas exchange defect, sevoflurane anesthesia but not isoflurane anesthesia causes significantly more gas exchange disturbances than propofol anesthesia does. ..
- Fischer Colbrie R, Eder S, Lovisetti Scamihorn P, Becker A, Laslop A. Neuroendocrine secretory protein 55: a novel marker for the constitutive secretory pathway. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;971:317-22 pubmed..Thus, NESP55 represents a novel peptidergic marker for a large constitutively secreting vesicle pool found in the central and peripheral nervous system. ..
- Gasser M, Berti I, Hauser K, Fischer Colbrie R, Saria A. Secretoneurin promotes pertussis toxin-sensitive neurite outgrowth in cerebellar granule cells. J Neurochem. 2003;85:662-9 pubmed
- Fiedler M, Muller Holzner E, Viertler H, Widschwendter A, Laich A, Pfister G, et al. High level HPV-16 E7 oncoprotein expression correlates with reduced pRb-levels in cervical biopsies. FASEB J. 2004;18:1120-2 pubmed..We show here that pRb expression is initially upregulated in LSIL and disappears in later stages concomitant with increased E7 levels, suggesting that E7-driven degradation of pRb is involved in cervical tumorigenesis in humans. ..
- Scherfler C, Sather T, Diguet E, Stefanova N, Puschban Z, Tison F, et al. Riluzole improves motor deficits and attenuates loss of striatal neurons in a sequential double lesion rat model of striatonigral degeneration (parkinson variant of multiple system atrophy). J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2005;112:1025-33 pubmed..Nonetheless, our study is the first to provide an experimental rationale for exploring possible neuroprotective effects of riluzole in MSA. ..
- Hermann M, Pirkebner D, Draxl A, Margreiter R, Hengster P. In the search of potential human islet stem cells: is tetranectin showing us the way?. Transplant Proc. 2005;37:1322-5 pubmed..TN-positive cells can be isolated and maintained in culture after human islet isolation, thereby providing the possibility to further clarify its role and function in vivo as well as in the course of islet transplantation. ..
- Pinggera G, Mitterberger M, Pallwein L, Schuster A, Herwig R, Frauscher F, et al. alpha-Blockers improve chronic ischaemia of the lower urinary tract in patients with lower urinary tract symptoms. BJU Int. 2008;101:319-24 pubmed..alpha-blockers increase perfusion in the LUT and C(max). These results might explain the therapeutic effects of alpha-blockers on LUTS. ..
- Haas T, Fries D, Holz C, Innerhofer P, Streif W, Klingler A, et al. Less impairment of hemostasis and reduced blood loss in pigs after resuscitation from hemorrhagic shock using the small-volume concept with hypertonic saline/hydroxyethyl starch as compared to administration of 4% gelatin or 6% hydroxyethyl starch so. Anesth Analg. 2008;106:1078-86, table of contents pubmed publisher..Resuscitation from hemorrhagic shock with HS-HES 200/0.62 results in less impairment of clot formation when compared with compensation of blood loss by administering 6% HES 130/0.4 or 4% gelatin. ..
- Poewe W. Non-motor symptoms in Parkinson's disease. Eur J Neurol. 2008;15 Suppl 1:14-20 pubmed publisher..This review article provides an overview of the clinical spectrum of non-motor symptoms in PD together with a brief review of treatment options. ..
- Scharer L, Da Lage J, Joly D. Evolution of testicular architecture in the Drosophilidae: a role for sperm length. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:143 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the testis of the Drosophilidae is a promising model organ to test recent models of tissue architecture. ..
- Schweigreiter R. The natural history of the myelin-derived nerve growth inhibitor Nogo-A. Neuron Glia Biol. 2008;4:83-9 pubmed publisher..These distinct paths in nogo evolution have potentially contributed to the regeneration permissive CNS in fish as opposed to the non-regenerating CNS in higher vertebrates. ..
- Petrik M, Haas H, Dobrozemsky G, Lass Florl C, Helbok A, Blatzer M, et al. 68Ga-siderophores for PET imaging of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis: proof of principle. J Nucl Med. 2010;51:639-45 pubmed publisher..fumigatus virulence. We aimed to evaluate the potential of siderophores radiolabeled with (68)Ga, a positron emitter with complexing properties comparable to those of Fe(III), as a radiopharmaceutical for imaging IPA...
- Banki Z, Posch W, Ejaz A, Oberhauser V, Willey S, Gassner C, et al. Complement as an endogenous adjuvant for dendritic cell-mediated induction of retrovirus-specific CTLs. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000891 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that complement serves as natural adjuvant for DC-induced expansion and differentiation of specific CTLs against retroviruses. ..
- Schneeberger S, Amberger A, Mandl J, Hautz T, Renz O, Obrist P, et al. Cold ischemia contributes to the development of chronic rejection and mitochondrial injury after cardiac transplantation. Transpl Int. 2010;23:1282-92 pubmed publisher..Monitoring mitochondrial function and enzyme activity might allow for earlier detection of CR and cardiac allograft dysfunction. ..
- Hautz T, Brandacher G, Zelger B, Gorantla V, Lee A, Pratschke J, et al. Immunologic aspects and rejection in solid organ versus reconstructive transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:3347-53 pubmed publisher..We herein portray the evolution of this novel type of transplant with particular reference to immunologic aspects, particularly differences between reconstructive and solid organ transplantation. ..
- Dubrac S, Elentner A, Schoonjans K, Auwerx J, Schmuth M. Lack of IL-2 in PPAR-?-deficient mice triggers allergic contact dermatitis by affecting regulatory T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:1980-91 pubmed publisher..Finally, injection of IL-2 to PPAR-?-/- mice decreased skin inflammation to a level similar to WT mice. In conclusion, the pro-inflammatory skin phenotype of PPAR-?-/- mice is due to lack of IL-2-mediated Treg induction in these mice. ..
- Jennings P, Weiland C, Limonciel A, Bloch K, Radford R, Aschauer L, et al. Transcriptomic alterations induced by Ochratoxin A in rat and human renal proximal tubular in vitro models and comparison to a rat in vivo model. Arch Toxicol. 2012;86:571-89 pubmed publisher..In addition, these results provide further evidence supporting a non-genotoxic mechanism of OTA-induced carcinogenicity. ..
- Waldner T, Traugott M. DNA-based analysis of regurgitates: a noninvasive approach to examine the diet of invertebrate consumers. Mol Ecol Resour. 2012;12:669-75 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in those invertebrates where regurgitates can be obtained, examination of food DNA in regurgitates offers many advantages over conventional post-mortem gut content analysis...
- Mitterberger M, Zwerschke W. Mechanisms of resveratrol-induced inhibition of clonal expansion and terminal adipogenic differentiation in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2013;68:1356-76 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that resveratrol inhibits clonal expansion and terminal adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 by several mechanisms. ..
- Knackmuss U, Lindner S, Aneichyk T, Kotkamp B, Knust Z, Villunger A, et al. MAP3K11 is a tumor suppressor targeted by the oncomiR miR-125b in early B cells. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:242-52 pubmed publisher..Together, this indicates that MAP3K11 might function as an important tumor suppressor neutralized by oncomiR-125b in B-cell leukemia. ..
- Trockenbacher A, Suckow V, Foerster J, Winter J, Krauss S, Ropers H, et al. MID1, mutated in Opitz syndrome, encodes an ubiquitin ligase that targets phosphatase 2A for degradation. Nat Genet. 2001;29:287-94 pubmed..Elevated PP2Ac causes hypophosphorylation of MAPs, a pathological mechanism that is consistent with the OS phenotype. ..
- Mayr V, Raedler C, Wenzel V, Lindner K, Strohmenger H. A comparison of epinephrine and vasopressin in a porcine model of cardiac arrest after rapid intravenous injection of bupivacaine. Anesth Analg. 2004;98:1426-31, table of contents pubmed..In this model of bupivacaine-induced cardiac arrest, cardiopulmonary resuscitation with a combination of vasopressin and epinephrine resulted in significantly better survival rates than in the placebo group. ..
- Holzmann S, Tripp C, Schmuth M, Janke K, Koch F, Saeland S, et al. A model system using tape stripping for characterization of Langerhans cell-precursors in vivo. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;122:1165-74 pubmed..We conclude that this experimental system may serve as a valuable tool for the further characterization of LC-precursors and the conditions necessary for LC-immigration into the epidermis. ..
- Campo Fern ndez B, Morandell D, Santer F, Zwerschke W, Jansen D rr P. Identification of the FHL2 transcriptional coactivator as a new functional target of the E7 oncoprotein of human papillomavirus type 16. J Virol. 2007;81:1027-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, the interaction with HPV-16 E7 leads to a promoter-specific impairment of FHL2 function and this may contribute to cell transformation...
- Muigg P, Hoelzl U, Palfrader K, Neumann I, Wigger A, Landgraf R, et al. Altered brain activation pattern associated with drug-induced attenuation of enhanced depression-like behavior in rats bred for high anxiety. Biol Psychiatry. 2007;61:782-96 pubmed
- Schlick B, Flucher B, Obermair G. Voltage-activated calcium channel expression profiles in mouse brain and cultured hippocampal neurons. Neuroscience. 2010;167:786-98 pubmed publisher..Developmental changes are likely determined by an intrinsic program and not regulated by changes in neuronal activity. ..
- Dubrac S, Schmuth M, Ebner S. Atopic dermatitis: the role of Langerhans cells in disease pathogenesis. Immunol Cell Biol. 2010;88:400-9 pubmed publisher..In this review, we describe findings in mouse models and in humans separately. We focus on recent findings that underscore the importance of Langerhans cells in initial mechanisms of skin inflammation in AD. ..
- Schrettl M, Beckmann N, Varga J, Heinekamp T, Jacobsen I, Jöchl C, et al. HapX-mediated adaption to iron starvation is crucial for virulence of Aspergillus fumigatus. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001124 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrates that HapX-dependent adaption to conditions of iron starvation is crucial for virulence of A. fumigatus. ..
- Arnold C, Wolf J, Brunner S, Herndler Brandstetter D, Grubeck Loebenstein B. Gain and loss of T cell subsets in old age--age-related reshaping of the T cell repertoire. J Clin Immunol. 2011;31:137-46 pubmed publisher..We discuss the mechanisms responsible for the generation and maintenance of these subsets and how age-related changes can be delayed or prevented by clinical interventions. ..
- Langeslag M, Constantin C, Andratsch M, Quarta S, Mair N, Kress M. Oncostatin M induces heat hypersensitivity by gp130-dependent sensitization of TRPV1 in sensory neurons. Mol Pain. 2011;7:102 pubmed publisher..The present data suggest that OSM induces thermal hypersensitivity by directly sensitizing nociceptors via OSMR-gp130 receptor mediated potentiation of TRPV1. ..
- Ehrlich D, Humpel C. Chronic vascular risk factors (cholesterol, homocysteine, ethanol) impair spatial memory, decline cholinergic neurons and induce blood-brain barrier leakage in rats in vivo. J Neurol Sci. 2012;322:92-5 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that chronic mild vascular risk factors over months induce small lesions of the brain capillaries in the cortex, which may contribute to the development of vascular dementia or also Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Wallner S, Lutz Nicoladoni C, Tripp C, Gastl G, Baier G, Penninger J, et al. The role of the e3 ligase cbl-B in murine dendritic cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65178 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in contrast to c-Cbl, Cbl-b plays only a limited role in the induction of Ag-specific T cell responses by murine BMDCs in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Hannesdóttir L, Tymoszuk P, Parajuli N, Wasmer M, Philipp S, Daschil N, et al. Lapatinib and doxorubicin enhance the Stat1-dependent antitumor immune response. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:2718-29 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results point to an important contribution toward enhancing T-cell and IFN-?-based immunity by lapatinib as well as doxorubicin and emphasize the role of Stat1 in building an effective antitumor immune response. ..
- Ortner N, Bock G, Dougalis A, Kharitonova M, Duda J, Hess S, et al. Lower Affinity of Isradipine for L-Type Ca2+ Channels during Substantia Nigra Dopamine Neuron-Like Activity: Implications for Neuroprotection in Parkinson's Disease. J Neurosci. 2017;37:6761-6777 pubmed publisher..2 LTCCs in resistance blood vessels (mediating dose-limiting vasodilating effects) and even at supratherapeutic concentrations isradipine fails to reduce somatic Ca2+ oscillations of SN DA neurons. ..
- Siegmund K, Thuille N, Wachowicz K, Hermann Kleiter N, Baier G. Protein kinase C theta is dispensable for suppression mediated by CD25+CD4+ regulatory T cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175463 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that while PKCθ is involved in Treg cell differentiation in vivo, it is dispensable for Treg-mediated suppression. ..
- Salak N, Pajk W, Knotzer H, Hofstötter H, Schwarz B, Mayr A, et al. Effects of epinephrine on intestinal oxygen supply and mucosal tissue oxygen tension in pigs. Crit Care Med. 2001;29:367-73 pubmed..Lactic acidosis that develops during infusion of increasing dosages of epinephrine is not related to development of gastrointestinal hypoxia. ..
- Fischer Colbrie R, Kirchmair R, K hler C, Wiedermann C, Saria A. Secretoneurin: a new player in angiogenesis and chemotaxis linking nerves, blood vessels and the immune system. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2005;6:373-85 pubmed..The signalling pathways of various biological effects have not been identified in detail, but most data point to a G-protein coupled receptor structure with respective associated intracellular events...
- Meirer R, Brunner A, Deibl M, Oehlbauer M, Piza Katzer H, Kamelger F. Shock wave therapy reduces necrotic flap zones and induces VEGF expression in animal epigastric skin flap model. J Reconstr Microsurg. 2007;23:231-6 pubmed..1). However, for expression of basic fibroblast growth factor, no difference was found between the two groups. The authors conclude that the success of the shock wave treatment may partly be due to modulation of growth factor expression. ..
- Stefanova N, Poewe W, Wenning G. Rasagiline is neuroprotective in a transgenic model of multiple system atrophy. Exp Neurol. 2008;210:421-7 pubmed publisher..5 mg/kg rasagiline. The results of the study indicate that rasagiline confers neuroprotection in a transgenic mouse model of MSA and may therefore be considered a promising disease-modifying candidate for human MSA. ..
- Mayer G. An update on the relationship between the kidney, salt and hypertension. Wien Med Wochenschr. 2008;158:365-9 pubmed publisher..As a conclusion, we have to remember that an elevation of arterial pressure can only be maintained if renal function as indicated by pressure natriuresis is impaired...
- Velik Salchner C, Streif W, Innerhofer P, Maier S, Knotzer H, Pajk W, et al. Endotoxinemia-induced changes in coagulation as measured by rotation thrombelastometry technique and conventional laboratory tests: results of a pilot study on pigs. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2009;20:41-6 pubmed publisher..The ROTEM assays were able to reflect endotoxinemia-dependent changes in the hemostatic system in pigs early by showing not only activation but also signs of consumption, whereas results of routine coagulation tests remained unchanged. ..
- Sucher R, Gehwolf P, Kaier T, Hermann M, Maglione M, Oberhuber R, et al. Intracellular signaling pathways control mitochondrial events associated with the development of ischemia/ reperfusion-associated damage. Transpl Int. 2009;22:922-30 pubmed publisher..Inhibiting p38 kinase most efficiently prevented ROS production, Ca2+ overload and cell death, suggesting that targeting this signaling molecule may provide a possible strategy to limit the effects of IR. ..
- Fritz M, Klement S, El Rawas R, Saria A, Zernig G. Sigma1 receptor antagonist BD1047 enhances reversal of conditioned place preference from cocaine to social interaction. Pharmacology. 2011;87:45-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that sigma1 blockade may be used therapeutically to enhance treatment adherence in social interaction-based rehabilitation programs. ..