Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
Locale: Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
Publications289 found, 100 shown here
- Greitemeyer T, Osswald S. Playing prosocial video games increases the accessibility of prosocial thoughts. J Soc Psychol. 2011;151:121-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, depending on the content of the video game, playing video games can harm but may also benefit social relations. ..
- Gruber R, Elias P, Crumrine D, Lin T, Brandner J, Hachem J, et al. Filaggrin genotype in ichthyosis vulgaris predicts abnormalities in epidermal structure and function. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:2252-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, FLG deficiency provokes alterations in keratinocyte architecture that influence epidermal functions localizing to the extracellular matrix. These results clarify how FLG mutations impair epidermal permeability barrier function. ..
- Mader S, Gredler V, Schanda K, Rostasy K, Dujmovic I, Pfaller K, et al. Complement activating antibodies to myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein in neuromyelitis optica and related disorders. J Neuroinflammation. 2011;8:184 pubmed publisher..We could show for the first time that a subset of AQP4-IgG seronegative patients with NMO and HR-NMO exhibit a MOG-IgG mediated immune response, whereas MOG is not a target antigen in cases with an AQP4-directed humoral immune response. ..
- GisslÃ©n M, Price R, Andreasson U, Norgren N, Nilsson S, Hagberg L, et al. Plasma Concentration of the Neurofilament Light Protein (NFL) is a Biomarker of CNS Injury in HIV Infection: A Cross-Sectional Study. EBioMedicine. 2016;3:135-140 pubmed publisher..Because CSF NFL is also elevated in a variety of other CNS disorders, sensitive measures of plasma NFL may similarly prove useful in other settings. ..
- Gabl M, Reinhart C, Lutz M, Bodner G, Rudisch A, Hussl H, et al. Vascularized bone graft from the iliac crest for the treatment of nonunion of the proximal part of the scaphoid with an avascular fragment. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1999;81:1414-28 pubmed..The index procedure was successful in twelve of the fifteen patients who had a symptomatic nonunion of the proximal part of the scaphoid associated with avascular necrosis and osteoarthritis that was limited to the radioscaphoid joint. ..
- Pirker S, Schwarzer C, Czech T, Baumgartner C, Pockberger H, Maier H, et al. Increased expression of GABA(A) receptor beta-subunits in the hippocampus of patients with temporal lobe epilepsy. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2003;62:820-34 pubmed..Our data indicate pronounced adaptive changes in the expression of these GABA(A) receptor subunits related to seizure activity and indicate altered assembly of GABA(A) receptors in TLE. ..
- Neher A, Nagl M, Appenroth E, Gstottner M, Wischatta M, Reisigl F, et al. Acute otitis externa: efficacy and tolerability of N-chlorotaurine, a novel endogenous antiseptic agent. Laryngoscope. 2004;114:850-4 pubmed..Because of its endogenous nature and its higher efficacy, NCT appears to be a good choice for topical treatment of acute otitis externa. ..
- Haiman M, Salvenmoser W, Scheiber K, Lingenhel A, Rudolph C, Schmitz G, et al. Immunohistochemical localization of apolipoprotein A-IV in human kidney tissue. Kidney Int. 2005;68:1130-6 pubmed..Since no mRNA expression could be detected in any kidney cells, the observed ApoA-IV immunoreactivity represents uptake and not de novo synthesis of ApoA-IV. ..
- Furtner M, Werner P, Felber S, Schmidauer C. Bilateral carotid artery dissection caused by springboard diving. Clin J Sport Med. 2006;16:76-8 pubmed
- Kessler T, Lackner J, Kiss G, Rehder P, Madersbacher H. Early proactive management improves upper urinary tract function and reduces the need for surgery in patients with myelomeningocele. Neurourol Urodyn. 2006;25:758-62 pubmed..To investigate whether upper urinary tract function and the need for surgery in patients with myelomeningocele depends on the timing of initiating neurourological management...
- Hubalek M, Smekal Schindelwig C, Zeimet A, Sergi C, Brezinka C, Mueller Holzner E, et al. Chemotherapeutic treatment of a pregnant patient with ovarian dysgerminoma. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2007;276:179-83 pubmed..Although combined treatment with paclitaxel and carboplatin is not considered a first-line therapy for ovarian dysgerminoma, in this case report it elicited an excellent response, and there were no adverse effects on the foetus. ..
- Fong D, Spizzo G, Gostner J, Gastl G, Moser P, Krammel C, et al. TROP2: a novel prognostic marker in squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity. Mod Pathol. 2008;21:186-91 pubmed..TROP2 overexpression was detectable in 58% of the tumor samples, indicating it to be a potential novel therapeutic target in squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity. ..
- Sandhofer A, Tatarczyk T, Laimer M, Ritsch A, Kaser S, Paulweber B, et al. The Taq1B-variant in the cholesteryl ester-transfer protein gene and the risk of metabolic syndrome. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008;16:919-22 pubmed publisher..43 (0.26-0.72), P = 0.001). Furthermore, the risk reduction was more pronounced in men than in women. We conclude that CETP plays an important role in the metabolic syndrome, possibly involving novel functions of CETP. ..
- Boesch S, Sturm B, Hering S, Scheiber Mojdehkar B, Steinkellner H, Goldenberg H, et al. Neurological effects of recombinant human erythropoietin in Friedreich's ataxia: a clinical pilot trial. Mov Disord. 2008;23:1940-4 pubmed publisher..Safety monitoring with regular blood cell counts and parameters of iron metabolism is a potential limitation of this approach...
- Feuchtner G, Stolzmann P, Dichtl W, Schertler T, Bonatti J, Scheffel H, et al. Multislice computed tomography in infective endocarditis: comparison with transesophageal echocardiography and intraoperative findings. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;53:436-44 pubmed publisher..Multislice CT shows good results in detecting valvular abnormalities in IE and could be applied in pre-operative planning and exclusion of coronary artery disease before surgery. ..
- Bauer G, Trinka E. Nonconvulsive status epilepticus and coma. Epilepsia. 2010;51:177-90 pubmed publisher..This pragmatic differentiation could act as a starting point to solve terminologic and factual confusion. ..
- Reinhold M, Knop C, Beisse R, Audige L, Kandziora F, Pizanis A, et al. Operative treatment of 733 patients with acute thoracolumbar spinal injuries: comprehensive results from the second, prospective, Internet-based multicenter study of the Spine Study Group of the German Association of Trauma Surgery. Eur Spine J. 2010;19:1657-76 pubmed publisher..Randomized-controlled long-term investigations seem mandatory and the next step in future clinical research of Spine Study Group of the German Trauma Society...
- Perkhofer S, Lass Florl C, Hell M, Russ G, Krause R, Hönigl M, et al. The Nationwide Austrian Aspergillus Registry: a prospective data collection on epidemiology, therapy and outcome of invasive mould infections in immunocompromised and/or immunosuppressed patients. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2010;36:531-6 pubmed publisher..Survival from IMIs appears to have improved and the main challenge is to overcome breakthrough fungal infections. ..
- Weiler S, Fiegl D, MacFarland R, Stienecke E, Bellmann Weiler R, Dunzendorfer S, et al. Human tissue distribution of voriconazole. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011;55:925-8 pubmed publisher..41 ?g/g (IQR, 16.72 ?g/g) in the brain, 6.89 ?g/g (IQR, 24.16 ?g/g) in the liver, 6.47 ?g/g (IQR, 6.19 ?g/g) in the kidneys, 5.60 ?g/g (IQR, 11.49 ?g/g) in the spleen, and 7.55 ?g/g (IQR, 16.91 ?g/g) in the myocardium. ..
- Moschen A, Gerner R, Schroll A, Fritz T, Kaser A, Tilg H. A key role for Pre-B cell colony-enhancing factor in experimental hepatitis. Hepatology. 2011;54:675-86 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that PBEF is of key importance in experimental hepatitis. Its specific inhibition might be considered a novel treatment option for inflammatory liver diseases. ..
- Kurtz P, Helbok R, Claassen J, Schmidt J, Fernandez L, Stuart R, et al. The Effect of Packed Red Blood Cell Transfusion on Cerebral Oxygenation and Metabolism After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. Neurocrit Care. 2016;24:118-21 pubmed publisher..39 [95% confidence interval 0.09-2.69]; P = 0.04). No relationship between the change in Hb concentration and LPR was found. PRBC transfusion resulted in PbtO2 improvement without a clear effect on cerebral metabolism prior to SAH. ..
- von Goedecke A, Keller C, Voelckel W, Dunser M, Paal P, Torgersen C, et al. [Mask ventilation as an exit strategy of endotracheal intubation]. Anaesthesist. 2006;55:70-9 pubmed..Careful ventilation can be performed with low inspiratory pressure and flow, and subsequently with a low tidal volume at a high inspiratory fraction of oxygen. This could be a strategy to achieve more patient safety. ..
- Piza Katzer H, Bauer T, Biedermann R, Estermann D. [Heterotopic hand replantation following radical tumor resection in the elbow region. Functional results 15 months after surgery]. Orthopade. 2006;35:791-7 pubmed
- Glodny B, Nasseri P, Rehder P, Unterholzner V, Plaikner M, Koppelstätter C, et al. Reduced glomerular filtration rate due to loss of nephron mass may be an independent risk factor for atherosclerosis. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2011;26:1882-7 pubmed publisher..The factors 'low GFR' and RNM are risk factors for greater atherosclerotic plaque burden. Patients with RNM should undergo regular control examinations to monitor arterial blood pressure and treat hypertension if it occurs. ..
- Kopp M, Fleischhacker W, Stürz K, Ruedl G, Kumnig M, Rumpold G. Poor health behaviour and reduced quality of life of people treated with psychotropic drugs. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2011;26:161-7 pubmed publisher..These data stress the necessity of health intervention and antipoverty programmes taking social and somatic issues for people with moderate mental health problems into account. ..
- Rinnerthaler M, Benecke C, Bartha L, Entner T, Poewe W, Mueller J. Facial recognition in primary focal dystonia. Mov Disord. 2006;21:78-82 pubmed..The findings of the present study add further evidence to the conception that dystonia is not only a motor but a complex basal ganglia disorder including selective emotion recognition disturbances. ..
- Rambach G, Maier H, Vago G, Mohsenipour I, Lass Florl C, Defant A, et al. Complement induction and complement evasion in patients with cerebral aspergillosis. Microbes Infect. 2008;10:1567-76 pubmed publisher..Complement indeed seems to represent an important selection pressure and evokes the development of fungal evasion mechanisms. Counteractions for these evasion processes might represent interesting therapeutic approaches. ..
- Melmer A, Fineder L, Lamina C, Kollerits B, Dieplinger B, Braicu I, et al. Plasma concentrations of the vitamin E-binding protein afamin are associated with overall and progression-free survival and platinum sensitivity in serous ovarian cancer--a study by the OVCAD consortium. Gynecol Oncol. 2013;128:38-43 pubmed publisher..041). Higher afamin concentrations in tumor lysates were associated with increased overall survival (p=0.003). These data indicate that afamin is associated with therapy response and survival rate in advanced OC patients. ..
- Bodner G, Buchberger W, Schocke M, Bale R, Huber B, Harpf C, et al. Radial nerve palsy associated with humeral shaft fracture: evaluation with US--initial experience. Radiology. 2001;219:811-6 pubmed..In the six patients treated conservatively, US showed continuity of the nerve. US may be useful for accurate evaluation of the radial nerve in patients with nerve palsy associated with humeral shaft fracture. ..
- Zangerle R, Widner B, Quirchmair G, Neurauter G, Sarcletti M, Fuchs D. Effective antiretroviral therapy reduces degradation of tryptophan in patients with HIV-1 infection. Clin Immunol. 2002;104:242-7 pubmed..The data agree with the concept that immune activation is the common background of IDO activation which may be an important factor underlying T-cell hyporesponsiveness. ..
- Hochmair I, Arnold W, Nopp P, Jolly C, Muller J, Roland P. Deep electrode insertion in cochlear implants: apical morphology, electrodes and speech perception results. Acta Otolaryngol. 2003;123:612-7 pubmed
- Schachner T, Laufer G, Vertacnik K, Bonaros N, Nagiller J, Bonatti J. Is the axillary artery a suitable cannulation site in aortic surgery?. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2004;45:15-9 pubmed..It was the aim of our study to evaluate the feasibility, safety, and efficacy of axillary artery cannulation in a series of patients undergoing surgery of the ascending aorta and/or the aortic arch...
- Untergasser G, Koeck R, Wolf D, Rumpold H, Ott H, Debbage P, et al. CD34+/CD133- circulating endothelial precursor cells (CEP): characterization, senescence and in vivo application. Exp Gerontol. 2006;41:600-8 pubmed
- Löscher W, Dobesberger J, Szubski C, Trinka E. rTMS reveals premotor cortex dysfunction in frontal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2007;48:359-65 pubmed
- Oberwalder M, Zitt M, Wöntner C, Fiegl H, Goebel G, Zitt M, et al. SFRP2 methylation in fecal DNA--a marker for colorectal polyps. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2008;23:15-9 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to clarify whether SFRP2 methylation in fecal DNA can be found in stool of individuals with hyperplastic and adenomatous colorectal polyps...
- Pinggera G, Mitterberger M, Pallwein L, Schuster A, Herwig R, Frauscher F, et al. alpha-Blockers improve chronic ischaemia of the lower urinary tract in patients with lower urinary tract symptoms. BJU Int. 2008;101:319-24 pubmed..alpha-blockers increase perfusion in the LUT and C(max). These results might explain the therapeutic effects of alpha-blockers on LUTS. ..
- Dobesberger J, Ortler M, Unterberger I, Walser G, Falkenstetter T, Bodner T, et al. Successful surgical treatment of insular epilepsy with nocturnal hypermotor seizures. Epilepsia. 2008;49:159-62 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first reported nonlesional patient with an insular seizure onset and NHSs who underwent successful epilepsy surgery. ..
- Tschoner A, Sturm W, Engl J, Kaser S, Laimer M, Laimer E, et al. Retinol-binding protein 4, visceral fat, and the metabolic syndrome: effects of weight loss. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008;16:2439-44 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate a marked decrease of RBP-4 levels after bariatric surgery, which correlates with reduction in visceral-fat mass. Furthermore, the extent of changes in RBP-4 levels differs according to the severity of the MetS. ..
- Finkenstedt A, Bianchi P, Theurl I, Vogel W, Witcher D, Wroblewski V, et al. Regulation of iron metabolism through GDF15 and hepcidin in pyruvate kinase deficiency. Br J Haematol. 2009;144:789-93 pubmed publisher..528 pg/ml). Serum hepcidin concentrations correlated positively with haemoglobin and negatively with serum GDF15. These results suggest that GDF15 contributes to low hepcidin expression and iron loading in PKD. ..
- Brandacher G, Piza Katzer H, Gabl M, Hussl H, Rieger M, Schocke M, et al. The Innsbruck hand transplant program: update at 8 years after the first transplant. Transplant Proc. 2009;41:491-4 pubmed publisher..Despite immunologic challenging postoperative courses, patients are now free of rejection with moderate levels of IS and good functional results. No signs indicating chronic rejection have been encountered. ..
- Ressler S, Radhi J, Aigner T, Loo C, Zwerschke W, Sergi C. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 in osteosarcomas and normal bone tissues. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:2579-87 pubmed..Further prospective evaluation with higher clinical sample numbers might reveal a prognostic role for IGFBP-3 level in local tumors in patients with osteosarcoma. ..
- Haffner M, Kronberger I, Ross J, Sheehan C, Zitt M, Mühlmann G, et al. Prostate-specific membrane antigen expression in the neovasculature of gastric and colorectal cancers. Hum Pathol. 2009;40:1754-61 pubmed publisher..Because of its highly tumor-restricted expression and its accessibility to targeted therapy, PSMA represents a promising therapeutic and diagnostic target in colorectal and gastric cancer. ..
- Weiskopf D, Schwanninger A, Weinberger B, Almanzar G, Parson W, Buus S, et al. Oxidative stress can alter the antigenicity of immunodominant peptides. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;87:165-72 pubmed publisher..This may lead to an altered immune response against infectious agents as well as against tumor or autoantigens under oxidative stress conditions...
- Gneiss C, Koudouovoh Tripp P, Ropele S, Gotwald T, Ehling R, Lutterotti A, et al. Influence of interferon-beta therapy switching on neutralizing antibody titres: results from the Austrian Switch Study. Mult Scler. 2009;15:1481-8 pubmed publisher..Baseline and final neutralizing antibody titres correlated significantly. In conclusion, neither switching nor continuous therapy with any subcutaneous interferon-beta preparation significantly changed neutralizing antibody titres. ..
- Lackner P, Dietmann A, Beer R, Fischer M, Broessner G, Helbok R, et al. Cellular microparticles as a marker for cerebral vasospasm in spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage. Stroke. 2010;41:2353-7 pubmed publisher..Platelet MP might be involved in the pathogenesis of cerebral infarction attributable to vasospasm, resulting in neurological morbidity. ..
- Hoertnagl C, Muehlbacher M, Biedermann F, Yalcin N, Baumgartner S, Schwitzer G, et al. Facial emotion recognition and its relationship to subjective and functional outcomes in remitted patients with bipolar I disorder. Bipolar Disord. 2011;13:537-44 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate deficits in experiencing and recognizing emotions in BD patients who are in remission and underscore the relevance of these deficits in the psychosocial context. ..
- Oberaigner W, Minicozzi P, Bielska Lasota M, Allemani C, De Angelis R, Mangone L, et al. Survival for ovarian cancer in Europe: the across-country variation did not shrink in the past decade. Acta Oncol. 2012;51:441-53 pubmed publisher..Actions aiming to harmonise the protocols for therapy should contribute to narrowing the wide gap in survival and research on screening and early detection of ovarian cancer should be enforced. ..
- Gatterer H, Ruedl G, Faulhaber M, Regele M, Burtscher M. Effects of the performance level and the FIFA "11" injury prevention program on the injury rate in Italian male amateur soccer players. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2012;52:80-4 pubmed..e., male adult amateur players) are missing. The study aims to assess the injury rate in male adult amateur soccer players of different levels and to evaluate the effectiveness of the prevention program the "11"...
- Attal R, Hansen M, Kirjavainen M, Bail H, Hammer T, Rosenberger R, et al. A multicentre case series of tibia fractures treated with the Expert Tibia Nail (ETN). Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2012;132:975-84 pubmed publisher..Fibula plating had a negative effect on the healing of the tibia. ..
- Schaefer G, Mosquera J, Ramoner R, Park K, Romanel A, Steiner E, et al. Distinct ERG rearrangement prevalence in prostate cancer: higher frequency in young age and in low PSA prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2013;16:132-8 pubmed publisher..This suggests acceleration of tumor development by ERG overexpression that results in earlier tumor detection in young patients. Long-term results are warranted to determine the impact of ERG overexpression on disease outcome. ..
- Reinauer C, Meissner T, Roden M, Thon A, Holterhus P, Haberland H, et al. Low prevalence of patients with mitochondrial disease in the German/Austrian DPV diabetes registry. Eur J Pediatr. 2016;175:613-22 pubmed publisher..Juvenile DMO patients exhibited dyslipidemia, higher triglycerides and a lower BMI than peers with T1D or T2D, while some patients also showed retinal changes. ..
- Varga M, Obrist P, Schneeberger S, Mühlmann G, Felgel Farnholz C, Fong D, et al. Overexpression of epithelial cell adhesion molecule antigen in gallbladder carcinoma is an independent marker for poor survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:3131-6 pubmed..Furthermore, the Ep-CAM antigen represents an attractive target for specific therapies with monoclonal antibodies or specific vaccines in patients with Ep-CAM-overexpressing gallbladder carcinoma. ..
- Nopp P, Schleich P, D Haese P. Sound localization in bilateral users of MED-EL COMBI 40/40+ cochlear implants. Ear Hear. 2004;25:205-14 pubmed..It is possible that early implantation for early deafened subjects might allow better acquisition of spatial hearing, thus leading to improved localization performance. ..
- Emshoff R, Emshoff I, Moschen I, Strobl H. Laser Doppler flow measurements of pulpal blood flow and severity of dental injury. Int Endod J. 2004;37:463-7 pubmed..7 odds ratio) (P = 0.000). PBF measurements were related to the severity of adverse outcomes. Further studies are required to evaluate whether PBF measurements can predict dental injuries that progress to adverse treatment outcomes. ..
- Stemberger K, Pallhuber J, Doblinger A, Troger J, Kirchmair R, Kralinger M, et al. Secretoneurin in the human aqueous humor and the absence of an effect of frequently used eye drops on the levels. Peptides. 2004;25:2115-8 pubmed..The high levels of the peptide are of relevance and may indicate a significant role of secretoneurin in the anterior segment of the eye. This should encourage performing functional studies. ..
- Moschen A, Kaser A, Enrich B, Ludwiczek O, Gabriel M, Obrist P, et al. The RANKL/OPG system is activated in inflammatory bowel disease and relates to the state of bone loss. Gut. 2005;54:479-87 pubmed..Applying results from a murine model of colitis associated bone loss, the constellation of OPG and sRANKL regulation observed in our study raises the possibility that RANKL/OPG may contribute to the development of bone loss in IBD. ..
- Bonaros N, Schachner T, Oehlinger A, Ruetzler E, Kolbitsch C, Dichtl W, et al. Robotically assisted totally endoscopic atrial septal defect repair: insights from operative times, learning curves, and clinical outcome. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;82:687-93 pubmed..962). Totally endoscopic atrial septal defect repair can be performed safely, and learning curves for operative times are steep. Longer cardiopulmonary bypass times had no negative impact on intraoperative and postoperative outcome. ..
- Schoeller T, Wechselberger G, Hussl H, Huemer G. Functional transposition of the latissimus dorsi muscle for biceps reconstruction after upper arm replantation. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2007;60:755-9 pubmed..The pedicled latissimus dorsi muscle flap is a valuable tool to restore elbow flexion and provide coverage of soft tissue defects after major upper arm replantations. ..
- Post M, Lass Floerl C, Gastl G, Nachbaur D. Invasive fungal infections in allogeneic and autologous stem cell transplant recipients: a single-center study of 166 transplanted patients. Transpl Infect Dis. 2007;9:189-95 pubmed
- Mattle V, Bilgyicildirim A, Hadziomerovic D, Ott H, Zervomanolakis I, Leyendecker G, et al. Polycystic ovarian disease unmasked by pulsatile GnRH therapy in a subgroup of women with hypothalamic amenorrhea. Fertil Steril. 2008;89:404-9 pubmed
- Lass Florl C, Resch G, Nachbaur D, Mayr A, Gastl G, Auberger J, et al. The value of computed tomography-guided percutaneous lung biopsy for diagnosis of invasive fungal infection in immunocompromised patients. Clin Infect Dis. 2007;45:e101-4 pubmed..The sensitivity and specificity of computerized tomography, Aspergillus polymerase chain reaction, and galactomannan enzyme immunoassay were 100% and 50%, 100% and 86%, and 88% and 94%, respectively. ..
- Czermak B, Akhan O, Hiemetzberger R, Zelger B, Vogel W, Jaschke W, et al. Echinococcosis of the liver. Abdom Imaging. 2008;33:133-43 pubmed..Invasion into the bile ducts, portal vein or hepatic vein may occur. Direct spread of infected tissue may result in cysts in the peritoneal cavity, kidneys, adrenal gland or bones. ..
- Leonhartsberger N, Zelger B, Rehder P. Intrinsic endometriosis of ureter and bladder in young women without gynecological symptoms. Urol Int. 2008;80:222-4 pubmed publisher..Ureteric stenting was not possible because of severe fibrosis and stricture formation of the distal ureter. Primary surgery gave satisfactory results at more than 1 year of follow-up. ..
- Bach C, Mayr E, Liebensteiner M, Gstottner M, Nogler M, Thaler M. Correlation between radiographic assessment and quality of life after total knee arthroplasty. Knee. 2009;16:207-10 pubmed publisher..05). The current results show that a correlation was found between radiological assessment and several clinical scores. We suggest that a quality-of-life score should be included in the follow-up evaluation of total knee arthroplasty. ..
- Mayr R, Janecke A, Schranz M, Griffiths W, Vogel W, Pietrangelo A, et al. Ferroportin disease: a systematic meta-analysis of clinical and molecular findings. J Hepatol. 2010;53:941-9 pubmed publisher..Non-classical ferroportin disease is associated with a higher risk of fibrosis and a more severe overload of hepatic iron. ..
- Strobl I, Windbichler G, Strasak A, Weiskopf Schwendinger V, Schweigmann U, Ramoni A, et al. Left ventricular function many years after recovery from pre-eclampsia. BJOG. 2011;118:76-83 pubmed publisher..Many years after HELLP syndrome or pre-eclampsia, asymptomatic women have an increased risk for impaired cardiac function as shown by an increased MPI. ..
- Helbok R, Shaker E, Beer R, Chemelli A, Sojer M, Sohm F, et al. High dose erythropoietin increases brain tissue oxygen tension in severe vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage. BMC Neurol. 2012;12:32 pubmed publisher..Brain metabolic parameters did not change over time. EPO increases PbtO2 in poor grade SAH patients with severe cerebral vasospasm. The effect on outcome needs further investigation. ..
- Innerhofer P, Westermann I, Tauber H, Breitkopf R, Fries D, Kastenberger T, et al. The exclusive use of coagulation factor concentrates enables reversal of coagulopathy and decreases transfusion rates in patients with major blunt trauma. Injury. 2013;44:209-16 pubmed publisher..The use of CF alone effectively corrected coagulopathy in patients with severe blunt trauma and concomitantly decreased exposure to allogeneic transfusion, which may translate into improved outcome. ..
- Kollerits B, Sturm G, Lamina C, Hammerer Lercher A, Rantner B, Stadler M, et al. Comparison and evaluation of cardiac biomarkers in patients with intermittent claudication: results from the CAVASIC study. Clin Chem. 2013;59:692-702 pubmed publisher..MR-proADM and CT-proET-1 provide additive information in comparison to NT-proBNP. Moreover, MR-proADM and CT-proET-1 significantly predict PAD in those patients and controls free from prevalent CVD. ..
- Missmann M, Himsl M, Mur E, Ulmer H, Marschang P. Impact of Whole Body Cryotherapy at -110Â Â°C on Subjects with Arterial Hypertension. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2016;64:75-82 pubmed publisher..Greater changes of BP values might infrequently occur, so an individual monitoring of subjects is necessary. ..
- Rohr I, Zeillinger R, Heinrich M, Concin N, Vergote I, Nassir M, et al. Role of IGF-I in Primary Ovarian Cancer - A Study of the OVCAD European Consortium. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:1015-22 pubmed..IGF-I is overexpressed in patients with well-differentiated EOC. Further studies are warranted to elucidate the role of IGF-I in this sub-group of patients. ..
- Stefani A, Heidbreder A, Hackner H, Hogl B. Validation of a leg movements count and periodic leg movements analysis in a custom polysomnography system. BMC Neurol. 2017;17:42 pubmed publisher..This automatic analysis is also an excellent tool for research purposes. ..
- Eisterer W, Bechter O, Hilbe W, van Driel M, Lokhorst H, Thaler J, et al. CD44 isoforms are differentially regulated in plasma cell dyscrasias and CD44v9 represents a new independent prognostic parameter in multiple myeloma. Leuk Res. 2001;25:1051-7 pubmed..36, P<0.02; CD44v9 expression: relative risk 1.45, P<0.04). These results substantiate the clinical relevance of CD44v domains in plasma cell disorders and establish CD44v9 as a new independent prognostic parameter in MM. ..
- Niedermüller U, Trinka E, Bauer G. Abducens palsy after lumbar puncture. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2002;104:61-3 pubmed..The presented case emphasizes the use of atraumatic small-size needles for lumbar puncture. ..
- Gaenzer H, Marschang P, Sturm W, Neumayr G, Vogel W, Patsch J, et al. Association between increased iron stores and impaired endothelial function in patients with hereditary hemochromatosis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002;40:2189-94 pubmed..Consequent iron-depletion therapy normalizes endothelial function and may thus reduce the increased risk of cardiovascular events. Female patients may be at a reduced risk, presumably due to continuous iron loss by menstruation. ..
- Eller P, Rosenkranz A, Mark W, Theurl I, Laufer J, Lhotta K. Four consecutive renal transplantations in a patient with adenine phosphoribosyltransferase deficiency. Clin Nephrol. 2004;61:217-21 pubmed..Furthermore, rapid recurrence of disease without allopurinol seems to be triggered by delayed graft function and acute rejection. ..
- Messnarz B, Seger M, Modre R, Fischer G, Hanser F, Tilg B. A comparison of noninvasive reconstruction of epicardial versus transmembrane potentials in consideration of the null space. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2004;51:1609-18 pubmed..We found the transmembrane potential-based formulation is a more promising source formulation as stronger regularization by incorporation of biophysical a priori information is permitted. ..
- Benke T, Chemelli A, Lottersberger C, Waldenberger P, Karner E, Trinka E. Transient global amnesia triggered by the intracarotid amobarbital procedure. Epilepsy Behav. 2005;6:274-8 pubmed..In addition to other origins such as bitemporal lesions, increased barbiturate levels, seizures, and epileptic amnesia, TGA may triggered by stress or angiography during the IAP...
- Eller P, Lechleitner M, Gschwendtner A, Kreczy A, Muller L, Kaneider N, et al. A patient with insidious onset of exertional dyspnoea. Thorax. 2005;60:437-8 pubmed..It is concluded that obliterative tuberculous endarteritis of the pulmonary arteries should be considered in the differential diagnosis of any acquired obstruction of pulmonary arteries. ..
- Putzer D, Gabriel M, Henninger B, Kendler D, Uprimny C, Dobrozemsky G, et al. Bone metastases in patients with neuroendocrine tumor: 68Ga-DOTA-Tyr3-octreotide PET in comparison to CT and bone scintigraphy. J Nucl Med. 2009;50:1214-21 pubmed publisher..Our results show that CT and conventional bone scintigraphy are less accurate than (68)Ga-DOTATOC PET in the primary staging or restaging of neuroendocrine tumor. ..
- Piza Katzer H, Wechselberger G, Estermann D, Gabl M, Arora R, Hussl H. [Ten years of hand transplantation experiment or routine?]. Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir. 2009;41:210-6 pubmed publisher..Until then indication has to be strict and the operation can possibly only be performed in a few centres. Long-time prospects, disadvantages and complications, as well as side effects have to be presented openly...
- Kollerits B, Coassin S, Beckmann N, Teumer A, Kiechl S, Doring A, et al. Genetic evidence for a role of adiponutrin in the metabolism of apolipoprotein B-containing lipoproteins. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:4669-76 pubmed publisher..We did not observe clear evidence for associations with HDL cholesterol or triglyceride concentrations. In conclusion, our study suggests that adiponutrin is involved in the metabolism of apoB-containing lipoproteins. ..
- Ortler M, Unterhofer C, Dobesberger J, Haberlandt E, Trinka E. Complete removal of vagus nerve stimulator generator and electrodes. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2010;5:191-4 pubmed publisher..All nerves remained morphologically intact. One case of temporary and one of permanent clinically silent ipsilateral vocal cord paresis were observed. ..
- Putzer D, Gabriel M, Kendler D, Henninger B, Knoflach M, Kroiss A, et al. Comparison of (68)Ga-DOTA-Tyr(3)-octreotide and (18)F-fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography in neuroendocrine tumor patients. Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2010;54:68-75 pubmed..This study reports our initial experiences with these two PET modalities on initial diagnosis, staging and restaging in NET patients...
- Strasak A, Kim A, Lauer G, de Sousa P, Ginuino C, Fernandes C, et al. Antibody dynamics and spontaneous viral clearance in patients with acute hepatitis C infection in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. BMC Infect Dis. 2011;11:15 pubmed publisher..0 (25.4-79.3) vs. 79.4 (66.3-103.0), p < 0.0001]. Our findings indicate a rapid short-term decline of antibody values in patients with acute spontaneous resolving HCV infection. ..
- Staudinger T, Pipal A, Redl B. Molecular analysis of the prevalent microbiota of human male and female forehead skin compared to forearm skin and the influence of make-up. J Appl Microbiol. 2011;110:1381-9 pubmed publisher..To compare the bacterial diversity of two different ecological regions including human forehead, human forearm and to estimate the influence of make-up...
- Fiegl M, Mlineritsch B, Hubalek M, Bartsch R, Pluschnig U, Steger G. Single-agent pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) in the treatment of metastatic breast cancer: results of an Austrian observational trial. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:373 pubmed publisher..Efficacy and toxicity data in these "real life" patients permit the conclusion that PLD is a valuable option in the treatment of advanced breast cancer even in heavily pretreated patients. ..
- Wolf J, Weinberger B, Arnold C, Maier A, Westendorp R, Grubeck Loebenstein B. The effect of chronological age on the inflammatory response of human fibroblasts. Exp Gerontol. 2012;47:749-53 pubmed publisher..It may thus contribute to age-related inflammatory processes, referred to as 'inflamm-aging'. ..
- Fleischhacker W, Kane J, Geier J, Karayal O, Kolluri S, Eng S, et al. Completed and attempted suicides among 18,154 subjects with schizophrenia included in a large simple trial. J Clin Psychiatry. 2014;75:e184-90 pubmed publisher..Our results, obtained in a large prospective randomized study, confirm current clinical understanding regarding completed or attempted suicide in schizophrenia and the associated risk factors. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00418171. ..
- Skvortsov S, Dudas J, Eichberger P, Witsch Baumgartner M, Loeffler Ragg J, Pritz C, et al. Rac1 as a potential therapeutic target for chemo-radioresistant head and neck squamous cell carcinomas (HNSCC). Br J Cancer. 2014;110:2677-87 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of Rac1 activity can be useful in overcoming treatment resistance and could be proposed for HNSCC patients with primary or secondary chemo-radioresistance. ..