Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on polymerase chain reaction in Vienna, Austria
Locale: Vienna, Austria
Topic: polymerase chain reaction
Publications144 found, 100 shown here
- Klein D, Janda P, Steinborn R, Muller M, Salmons B, Gunzburg W. Proviral load determination of different feline immunodeficiency virus isolates using real-time polymerase chain reaction: influence of mismatches on quantification. Electrophoresis. 1999;20:291-9 pubmed..Based on these results, it will be possible to design real-time PCR systems allowing the quantification of a broad range of isolates, which is a prerequisite for the investigation of the impact of viral load in tumorigenesis. ..
- Winter P, Schilcher F, Bago Z, Schoder D, Egerbacher M, Baumgartner W, et al. Clinical and histopathological aspects of naturally occurring mastitis caused by Listeria monocytogenes in cattle and ewes. J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health. 2004;51:176-9 pubmed..Immunohistochemical examination of the ovine mammary glands achieved a very strong immunoreactivity for CD5 cells. The mode of infection and the reaction of the immune system's defense of the ovine udders are discussed. ..
- Huber A, Bentz E, Schneeberger C, Huber J, Hefler L, Tempfer C. Ten polymorphisms of estrogen-metabolizing genes and a family history of colon cancer--an association study of multiple gene-gene interactions. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2005;12:e51-4 pubmed..In conclusion, we found no association between the carriage of one or multiple SNPs of the estrogen metabolism and a family history of colon cancer. ..
- Urban A, Puschenreiter M, Strauss J, Gorfer M. Diversity and structure of ectomycorrhizal and co-associated fungal communities in a serpentine soil. Mycorrhiza. 2008;18:339-54 pubmed publisher..Distribution patterns of ECM-co-associated fungi hint at the importance of specific inter-fungal interactions, which are hypothesised to be a relevant factor for the maintenance of ECM diversity. ..
- Karonitsch T, Feierl E, Steiner C, Dalwigk K, Korb A, Binder N, et al. Activation of the interferon-gamma signaling pathway in systemic lupus erythematosus peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:1463-71 pubmed publisher..In addition to supporting the role of IFNs in SLE immunopathogenesis in general, the findings of the present study support a role of IFNgamma in this disease. ..
- Marek A, Günes A, Schulz E, Hess M. Classification of fowl adenoviruses by use of phylogenetic analysis and high-resolution melting-curve analysis of the hexon L1 gene region. J Virol Methods. 2010;170:147-54 pubmed publisher..Gaining of hexon sequences of further field isolates offers the potential for novel and additional information in analysis of the molecular epidemiology of FAdV...
- Dunham J, Lee L, van Driel N, Laman J, Ni I, Zhai W, et al. Blockade of CD127 Exerts a Dichotomous Clinical Effect in Marmoset Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2016;11:73-83 pubmed publisher..Only in high responders to the immunization we found a positive response to the treatment. The mechanism underpinning this dichotomous response will be discussed. ..
- Bergers G, Reikerstorfer A, Braselmann S, Graninger P, Busslinger M. Alternative promoter usage of the Fos-responsive gene Fit-1 generates mRNA isoforms coding for either secreted or membrane-bound proteins related to the IL-1 receptor. EMBO J. 1994;13:1176-88 pubmed..Differential regulation of two distinct promoters is thus used to determine the ratio between secreted and membrane-bound forms of Fit-1 (T1/ST2) which may modulate signaling in response to IL-1. ..
- Endler G, Exner M, Mannhalter C, Meier S, Ruzicka K, Handler S, et al. A common C-->T polymorphism at nt 46 in the promoter region of coagulation factor XII is associated with decreased factor XII activity. Thromb Res. 2001;101:255-60 pubmed..17 U/ml (+/-0.31 U/ml), individuals heterozygous for FXII C46T showed a mean of 0.70 U/ml (+/-0.31 U/ml), and subjects homozygous for FXII 46T had only 0.44 U/ml (+/-0.10 U/ml) plasma FXII activity. ..
- Kindermann J, Kübber Heiss A, Kerschbaumer P, Nowotny N. Phylogenetic analysis of the L and HN gene of ophidian paramyxoviruses. Brief report. Arch Virol. 2001;146:1021-35 pubmed..BVV clustered within group "b" while NTV clustered together with the intermediate ophidian paramyxovirus isolate Crot2-OH90. ..
- Zojer N, Schuster Kolbe J, Assmann I, Ackermann J, Strasser K, Hübl W, et al. Chromosomal aberrations are shared by malignant plasma cells and a small fraction of circulating CD19+ cells in patients with myeloma and monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance. Br J Haematol. 2002;117:852-9 pubmed..These results provide evidence that the circulating clonotypic B cells are closely related to the malignant plasma cells in myeloma and MGUS. ..
- Lalouschek W, Schillinger M, Hsieh K, Endler G, Tentschert S, Lang W, et al. Matched case-control study on factor V Leiden and the prothrombin G20210A mutation in patients with ischemic stroke/transient ischemic attack up to the age of 60 years. Stroke. 2005;36:1405-9 pubmed..We also found evidence for an increased risk of stroke/TIA in men who have the FII G20210A mutation but not in women in this age group. ..
- Schoder D, Schmalwieser A, Schauberger G, Hoorfar J, Kuhn M, Wagner M. Novel approach for assessing performance of PCR cyclers used for diagnostic testing. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:2724-8 pubmed..The results have implication for laboratories using diagnostic PCR testing. ..
- Herzig M, Savarese F, Novatchkova M, Semb H, Christofori G. Tumor progression induced by the loss of E-cadherin independent of beta-catenin/Tcf-mediated Wnt signaling. Oncogene. 2007;26:2290-8 pubmed..Together, the data indicate that signals other than beta-catenin/Tcf-mediated Wnt signaling are induced by the loss of E-cadherin during tumor progression in Rip1Tag2 transgenic mice. ..
- Glatt S, Halbauer D, Heindl S, Wernitznig A, Kozina D, Su K, et al. hGPR87 contributes to viability of human tumor cells. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:2008-16 pubmed publisher..The overexpression of hGPR87 preferentially in SCCs together with our functional data suggests a common molecular mechanism for SCC tumorigenesis and may provide a novel intervention site for mechanism-based antitumor therapies. ..
- Blaschitz M, Narodoslavsky Gföller M, Kanzler M, Stanek G, Walochnik J. Babesia species occurring in Austrian Ixodes ricinus ticks. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:4841-6 pubmed publisher..strain DD by sequencing a fragment of the heat shock protein 70 gene and internal transcribed spacer regions 1 and 2. To our knowledge, this is the first investigation of Babesia spp. in Austrian ticks. ..
- Wolf T, Sreevatsan S, Singer R, Lipende I, Collins A, Gillespie T, et al. Noninvasive Tuberculosis Screening in Free-Living Primate Populations in Gombe National Park, Tanzania. Ecohealth. 2016;13:139-44 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the feasibility of large-scale mycobacterial screening in wild primates. ..
- Markowicz M, SchÃ¶tta A, Wijnveld M, Stanek G. Human granulocytic anaplasmosis acquired in Connecticut, USA, diagnosed in Vienna, Austria, 2015. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2016;84:347-9 pubmed publisher..We report a patient who had acquired the infection in Connecticut, USA, and was diagnosed in Vienna, Austria, using PCR methods. Imported HGA from the United States to Austria is a rare event. ..
- Himmler A, Maurer Fogy I, Kronke M, Scheurich P, Pfizenmaier K, Lantz M, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of human and rat tumor necrosis factor receptor chain (p60) and its soluble derivative, tumor necrosis factor-binding protein. DNA Cell Biol. 1990;9:705-15 pubmed..When a stop codon was introduced into the cDNA at the site corresponding to the carboxyl terminus of TNF-BP, transfected cells secreted a protein that reacted with antibodies raised against natural TNF-BP. ..
- Schabereiter Gurtner C, Maca S, Rölleke S, Nigl K, Lukas J, Hirschl A, et al. 16S rDNA-based identification of bacteria from conjunctival swabs by PCR and DGGE fingerprinting. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2001;42:1164-71 pubmed
- Berger J, Suzuki T, Senti K, Stubbs J, Schaffner G, Dickson B. Genetic mapping with SNP markers in Drosophila. Nat Genet. 2001;29:475-81 pubmed..These methods should accelerate the rate of positional cloning in Drosophila. ..
- Wagner M, Allerberger F, Manafi M, Lindner G, Friedrich A, Sonntag A, et al. Characterization of pathogenic Escherichia coli isolated from humans in Austria: phenotypes, toxin gene types and epidemiology. J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health. 2004;51:288-92 pubmed..These findings indicate the occurrence of both family and diffuse outbreaks of E. coli O157 infections in Austria during recent years and demonstrate the need for molecular subtyping of these pathogens. ..
- Bednar W, Holzmann K, Marian B. Assessing 12(S)-lipoxygenase inhibitory activity using colorectal cancer cells overexpressing the enzyme. Food Chem Toxicol. 2007;45:508-14 pubmed..All 5 compounds inhibited 12(S)-HETE production at concentrations below those necessary for growth inhibition. ..
- Pfistershammer K, Klauser C, Leitner J, Stockl J, Majdic O, Weichhart T, et al. Identification of the scavenger receptors SREC-I, Cla-1 (SR-BI), and SR-AI as cellular receptors for Tamm-Horsfall protein. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:131-8 pubmed..Interaction and up-take of THP by SR might play an important role in local host defense and could contribute to inflammatory kidney diseases associated with THP-specific antibody responses. ..
- Burgstaller J, Schinogl P, Dinnyes A, Muller M, Steinborn R. Mitochondrial DNA heteroplasmy in ovine fetuses and sheep cloned by somatic cell nuclear transfer. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:141 pubmed..MtDNA heteroplasmy was detected in seven of 12 clones tested, whereby all but one case revealed less than 1% mtDNA contribution from the nuclear donor cell suggesting neutral segregation. ..
- Richter B, Kübber Heiss A, Weissenbock H, Schmidt P. Detection of Cryptosporidium spp., Entamoeba spp. and Monocercomonas spp. in the gastrointestinal tract of snakes by in-situ hybridization. J Comp Pathol. 2008;138:63-71 pubmed publisher..Of 182 snakes examined, seven were positive with the Cryptosporidium probe, 13 with the Entamoeba probe (of which nine were also positive with the E. invadens probe), and 34 with the Monocercomonas probe...
- Haider S, Collingro A, Walochnik J, Wagner M, Horn M. Chlamydia-like bacteria in respiratory samples of community-acquired pneumonia patients. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2008;281:198-202 pubmed publisher..This study extends previous findings suggesting an association of Chlamydia-like bacteria with respiratory disease, but a causal link between these microorganisms and respiratory tract infections has yet to be established...
- Schmatz A, Streubel B, Kretschmer Chott E, Puspok A, Jager U, Mannhalter C, et al. Primary follicular lymphoma of the duodenum is a distinct mucosal/submucosal variant of follicular lymphoma: a retrospective study of 63 cases. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:1445-51 pubmed publisher..A watch and wait approach appears to be the most sensible strategy. ..
- Thaisuchat H, Baumann M, Pontiller J, Hesse F, Ernst W. Identification of a novel temperature sensitive promoter in CHO cells. BMC Biotechnol. 2011;11:51 pubmed publisher..The CHO S100a6 promoter can be characterized as cold-shock responsive with the potential for improving process performance of mammalian expression systems. ..
- Gausterer C, Stein C, Stimpfl T. Application of direct PCR in a forensic case of yew poisoning. Int J Legal Med. 2012;126:315-9 pubmed publisher..Amplification products of the expected size were purified and sequenced. Sequence data were subjected to Basic Local Alignment Search Tool analysis and affiliated with ITS1 from Taxus spp. ..
- Turbill C, Smith S, Deimel C, Ruf T. Daily torpor is associated with telomere length change over winter in Djungarian hamsters. Biol Lett. 2012;8:304-7 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore support the hypothesis that daily torpor is associated with physiological changes that increase somatic maintenance and slow the processes of ageing. ..
- Leipold H, Knoefler M, Gruber C, Huber A, Haslinger P, Worda C. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1alpha gene variations are not associated with gestational diabetes mellitus. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2006;13:104-7 pubmed..Based on our data, the Gly482Ser and the Thr394Thr polymorphisms of the PGC-1 gene are not associated with the development of GDM. ..
- Abtin A, Eckhart L, Mildner M, Gruber F, Schroder J, Tschachler E. Flagellin is the principal inducer of the antimicrobial peptide S100A7c (psoriasin) in human epidermal keratinocytes exposed to Escherichia coli. FASEB J. 2008;22:2168-76 pubmed publisher..coli supernatant. Taken together, our data demonstrate that bacterial flagellin is essential and sufficient for the induction of S100A7c expression in KCs by E. coli. ..
- Benetka V, Krametter Froetscher R, Baumgartner W, Moestl K. Investigation of the role of Austrian ruminant wildlife in the epidemiology of malignant catarrhal fever viruses. J Wildl Dis. 2009;45:508-11 pubmed..As all spleen samples tested negative, there is no indication that in the region and period investigated, MCF viruses circulated in wild ruminants...
- Hefler L, Ludwig E, Lampe D, Zeillinger R, Leodolter S, Gitsch G, et al. Polymorphisms of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene in ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2002;86:134-7 pubmed..We are the first to report on Nos3 polymorphisms in ovarian cancer. Allelic variation within intron 4 of Nos3 is associated with an advanced tumor stage and positive lymph node involvement in ovarian cancer. ..
- Edelhofer R, Loeschenberger K, Peschke R, Sager H, Nowotny N, Kolodziejek J, et al. First PCR-confirmed report of a Neospora caninum-associated bovine abortion in Austria. Vet Rec. 2003;152:471-3 pubmed
- Kariithi H, Ahmadi M, Parker A, Franz G, Ros V, Haq I, et al. Prevalence and genetic variation of salivary gland hypertrophy virus in wild populations of the tsetse fly Glossina pallidipes from southern and eastern Africa. J Invertebr Pathol. 2013;112 Suppl:S123-32 pubmed publisher..The current study suggests that the proposed molecular-based virus management strategies have a good prospect of working throughout eastern and southern Africa due to the low diversity of the GpSGHV strains. ..
- Wieser F, Fabjani G, Tempfer C, Schneeberger C, Sator M, Huber J, et al. Analysis of an interleukin-6 gene promoter polymorphism in women with endometriosis by pyrosequencing. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2003;10:32-6 pubmed..A genetically determined high IL-6 response might play a pathogenic role in this disease condition. ..
- Gratz N, Hartweger H, Matt U, Kratochvill F, Janos M, Sigel S, et al. Type I interferon production induced by Streptococcus pyogenes-derived nucleic acids is required for host protection. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001345 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the innate immune system employs several strategies to efficiently recognize S. pyogenes, a pathogenic bacterium that succeeded in avoiding recognition by the standard arsenal of TLRs. ..
- Rohr Udilova N, Stolze K, Sagmeister S, Nohl H, Schulte Hermann R, Grasl Kraupp B. Lipid hydroperoxides from processed dietary oils enhance growth of hepatocarcinoma cells. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2008;52:352-9 pubmed publisher..2 cells, indicating the protective role of HO-1 induction. This is the first evidence that lipid hydroperoxides of dietary origin may be an important driving force for carcinogenesis in the liver. ..
- Tauber S, Jais A, Jeitler M, Haider S, Husa J, Lindroos J, et al. Transcriptome analysis of human cancer reveals a functional role of heme oxygenase-1 in tumor cell adhesion. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:200 pubmed publisher..The protein network downstream of HO-1 modulates adhesion, signaling, transport, and other critical cellular functions of neoplastic cells and thus promotes tumor cell growth and dissemination. ..
- Sterflinger K, Prillinger H. Molecular taxonomy and biodiversity of rock fungal communities in an urban environment (Vienna, Austria). Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2001;80:275-86 pubmed..The biodiversity of the fungi in the urban environment was much higher than on the same rock type in a rural environment, this difference can be attributed to the elevated organic pollution in the city. ..
- Kovacs G, Lindeck Pozza E, Chimelli L, Araujo A, Gabbai A, Strobel T, et al. Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and inclusion body myositis: abundant disease-associated prion protein in muscle. Ann Neurol. 2004;55:121-5 pubmed..Extraneural PrP(C)-PrP(Sc) conversion in Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease appears to become prominent when PrP(C) is abundantly available as substrate, as in inclusion body myositis muscle. ..
- Blaschitz M, Köhsler M, Aspöck H, Walochnik J. Detection of a serine proteinase gene in Acanthamoeba genotype T6 (Amoebozoa: Lobosea). Exp Parasitol. 2006;114:26-33 pubmed..Obviously, this serine proteinase represents a common tool in pathogenic processes during Acanthamoeba infection. ..
- Atamaniuk J, Stuhlmeier K, Karimi A, Mueller M. Comparison of PCR methods for detecting fetal RhDin maternal plasma. J Clin Lab Anal. 2009;23:24-8 pubmed publisher..RhD determinations with TaqMan and Thermal Cycler technology are useful methods for fetal RhD prediction. To increase the accuracy of RhD determination it is necessary to test on other exons in addition. ..
- Itariu B, Zeyda M, Hochbrugger E, Neuhofer A, Prager G, Schindler K, et al. Long-chain n-3 PUFAs reduce adipose tissue and systemic inflammation in severely obese nondiabetic patients: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012;96:1137-49 pubmed publisher..These effects may be beneficial in the long-term treatment of obesity. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00760760. ..
- Mitterer G, Huber M, Leidinger E, Kirisits C, Lubitz W, Mueller M, et al. Microarray-based identification of bacteria in clinical samples by solid-phase PCR amplification of 23S ribosomal DNA sequences. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:1048-57 pubmed..Our results show that this method will have great potential to be incorporated into the routine microbiology laboratory. ..
- Agis H, Kandler B, Fischer M, Watzek G, Gruber R. Activated platelets increase fibrinolysis of mesenchymal progenitor cells. J Orthop Res. 2009;27:972-80 pubmed publisher..By this mechanism platelets may contribute to the organization of the blood clot during bone regeneration. ..
- Frei K, Szuhai K, Lucas T, Weipoltshammer K, Schöfer C, Ramsebner R, et al. Connexin 26 mutations in cases of sensorineural deafness in eastern Austria. Eur J Hum Genet. 2002;10:427-32 pubmed..7% (2 out of 120). The high prevalence of the 35delG mutation in eastern Austria would therefore allow screening of individuals and family members with Cx26 dependent deafness by a highly specific and semi-automated method. ..
- Huber M, Pavlova B, Mühlberger H, Hollaus P, Lintner F. Detection of the Epstein-Barr virus in primary adenocarcinoma of the lung with Signet-ring cells. Virchows Arch. 2002;441:25-30 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the presence of EBV in primary adenocarcinoma of the lung in a Caucasian patient. The present study indicates that EBV may infect some lung cancers with a specific tumour pattern. ..
- Künzel F, Gruber A, Tichy A, Edelhofer R, Nell B, Hassan J, et al. Clinical symptoms and diagnosis of encephalitozoonosis in pet rabbits. Vet Parasitol. 2008;151:115-24 pubmed publisher..54.2% of the patients exhibiting neurological symptoms recovered within a few days, while 87.5% of the rabbits suffering from renal failure died or had to be euthanized...
- Jager R, Gisslinger H, Passamonti F, Rumi E, Berg T, Gisslinger B, et al. Deletions of the transcription factor Ikaros in myeloproliferative neoplasms. Leukemia. 2010;24:1290-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, IKZF1 loss is an important step in the leukemic transformation of a subpopulation of MPN patients. ..
- Puchhammer Stöckl E, Presterl E, Croy C, Aberle S, Popow Kraupp T, Kundi M, et al. Screening for possible failure of herpes simplex virus PCR in cerebrospinal fluid for the diagnosis of herpes simplex encephalitis. J Med Virol. 2001;64:531-6 pubmed..The highest annual incidence was detected in the age group between 3 months and 3 years, which, however, could not be confirmed statistically. ..
- Wöber Bingöl C, Tropeano M, Karwautz A, Wagner G, Campos de Sousa S, Zesch H, et al. No association between bipolar disorder risk polymorphisms in ANK3 and CACNA1C and common migraine. Headache. 2011;51:796-803 pubmed publisher..However, as these are variants that have a small effect on the risk of bipolar disorder (OR?<?1.5), we cannot exclude a similar small effect on migraine susceptibility with the present sample size. ..
- Kittl R, Sygmund C, Halada P, Volc J, Divne C, Haltrich D, et al. Molecular cloning of three pyranose dehydrogenase-encoding genes from Agaricus meleagris and analysis of their expression by real-time RT-PCR. Curr Genet. 2008;53:117-27 pubmed..These data are consistent with an assumed role in lignocellulose degradation...
- Abd Alla A, Salem T, Parker A, Wang Y, Jehle J, Vreysen M, et al. Universal primers for rapid detection of hytrosaviruses. J Virol Methods. 2011;171:280-3 pubmed publisher..No non-specific PCR product was found when using genomic DNA of infected flies as template DNA. These results offer new sets of primers that could be used to detect hytrosaviruses in other insects. ..
- Mostegl M, Wetscher A, Richter B, Nedorost N, Dinhopl N, Weissenbock H. Detection of Tritrichomonas foetus and Pentatrichomonas hominis in intestinal tissue specimens of cats by chromogenic in situ hybridization. Vet Parasitol. 2012;183:209-14 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the specific detection of P. hominis using CISH was established. Generally, it was shown that CISH is well suited for detection and differentiation of trichomonosis in retrospective studies using tissue samples...
- Schweifer N, Barlow D. The mouse plasminogen locus maps to the recombination breakpoints of the tLub2 and TtOrl partial t haplotypes but is not at the tw73 locus. Mamm Genome. 1992;2:260-8 pubmed..However, the mapping of Plg relative to the tLub2 deletion and mRNA analysis of plasminogen in tw73 heterozygotes suggests that Plg does not lie at the tw73 locus. ..
- Kovar F, Marsik C, Jilma B, Mannhalter C, Quehenberger P, Handler S, et al. The fibrinogen -148 C/T polymorphism influences inflammatory response in experimental endotoxemia in vivo. Thromb Res. 2007;120:727-31 pubmed
- Rendi Wagner P, Paulke Korinek M, Stanek G, Khanakah G, Kollaritsch H. Impact of a pertussis booster vaccination program in adolescents and adults on the epidemiology of pertussis in Austria. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2007;26:806-10 pubmed..Pertussis incidence remains high among adults implying that coverage rates regarding booster vaccinations for adolescents and adults still are too low. Reinforced application of the current booster strategy is needed. ..
- Hess C, Enichlmayr H, Jandreski Cvetkovic D, Liebhart D, Bilic I, Hess M. Riemerella anatipestifer outbreaks in commercial goose flocks and identification of isolates by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Avian Pathol. 2013;42:151-6 pubmed publisher..Sequence analysis showed 100% similarity between the clinical isolates, indicating a common source of infection. ..
- Endler G, Mannhalter C, Sunder Plassmann H, Schillinger M, Klimesch A, Exner M, et al. The K121Q polymorphism in the plasma cell membrane glycoprotein 1 gene predisposes to early myocardial infarction. J Mol Med (Berl). 2002;80:791-5 pubmed..Testing for the PC-1 K121Q polymorphism might be valuable in patients with a family history of atherosclerotic vascular disease and myocardial infarction. ..
- Rossmanith P, Röder B, Frühwirth K, Vogl C, Wagner M. Mechanisms of degradation of DNA standards for calibration function during storage. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;89:407-17 pubmed publisher..This results in degradation of the standard DNA, as well as in the probability of occurrence of mismatches affecting real-time PCR performance. ..
- Zeinzinger J, Pietzka A, Stöger A, Kornschober C, Kunert R, Allerberger F, et al. One-step triplex high-resolution melting analysis for rapid identification and simultaneous subtyping of frequently isolated Salmonella serovars. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:3352-60 pubmed publisher..These 39 serotypes represent more than 94% of all human and more than 85% of all nonhuman Salmonella isolates (including isolates from veterinary, food, and environmental samples) obtained in the years 2008 and 2009 in Austria. ..
- Takayama K, Sun B, Stuessy T. Anagenetic speciation in Ullung Island, Korea: genetic diversity and structure in the island endemic species, Acer takesimense (Sapindaceae). J Plant Res. 2013;126:323-33 pubmed publisher..takesimense. These results imply that anagenetic speciation leads to a different pattern of specific and genetic diversity than often seen with cladogenesis. ..
- Zierhut C, Berlinger M, Rupp C, Shinohara A, Klein F. Mnd1 is required for meiotic interhomolog repair. Curr Biol. 2004;14:752-62 pubmed..We propose a model in which Mnd1 facilitates chromatin accessibility, which is required to allow strand invasion in meiotic chromatin. ..
- Haider M, Hörweg C, Liesinger K, Sattmann H, Walochnik J. Recovery of Fascioloides magna (Digenea) population in spite of treatment programme? Screening of Galba truncatula (Gastropoda, Lymnaeidae) from Lower Austria. Vet Parasitol. 2012;187:445-51 pubmed publisher..23%, which may indicate a recovery of the parasite population in spite of an ongoing triclabendazole treatment programme. Moreover, high risk areas and a seasonality of infections were observed...
- Fuehrer H, Stadler M, Buczolich K, Bloeschl I, Noedl H. Two techniques for simultaneous identification of Plasmodium ovale curtisi and Plasmodium ovale wallikeri by use of the small-subunit rRNA gene. J Clin Microbiol. 2012;50:4100-2 pubmed publisher..We describe a simple, cost- and time-efficient multiplex nested PCR and a nested PCR using a novel set of primers for the simultaneous detection of P. ovale curtisi and P. ovale wallikeri...
- Michlmayr H, HELL J, Lorenz C, Böhmdorfer S, Rosenau T, Kneifel W. Arabinoxylan oligosaccharide hydrolysis by family 43 and 51 glycosidases from Lactobacillus brevis DSM 20054. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:6747-54 pubmed publisher..Apart from the prebiotic viewpoint, this information also adds new perspectives on the carbohydrate (i.e., pentose-oligomer) metabolism of LAB species involved in the fermentation of hemicellulose-containing substrates. ..
- Loeber G, Maurer Fogy I, Schwendenwein R. Purification, cDNA cloning and heterologous expression of the human mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent malic enzyme. Biochem J. 1994;304 ( Pt 3):687-92 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed a strong tissue-specific transcription with a predominantly high expression-rate in organs with a low division-rate. ..
- Kozmik Z, Kurzbauer R, Dörfler P, Busslinger M. Alternative splicing of Pax-8 gene transcripts is developmentally regulated and generates isoforms with different transactivation properties. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:6024-35 pubmed..Hence, alternative splicing of Pax-8 gene transcripts not only generates six different Pax-8 variants but is also temporally and spatially regulated during early mouse development. ..
- Koehsler M, Soleiman A, Aspöck H, Auer H, Walochnik J. Onchocerca jakutensis filariasis in humans. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:1749-52 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first case of human infection with O. jakutensis and the first human case of zoonotic onchocercosis involving >1 worm...
- Kurz H, Göpfrich H, Wabnegger L, Apfalter P. Role of Chlamydophila pneumoniae in children hospitalized for community-acquired pneumonia in Vienna, Austria. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2009;44:873-6 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae) as causative agent in youths and children hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP). These data would serve as a rationale for empiric antimicrobial therapy...
- Haas P, Steindl K, Aggermann T, Schmid Kubista K, Krugluger W, Hageman G, et al. Serum VEGF and CFH in exudative age-related macular degeneration. Curr Eye Res. 2011;36:143-8 pubmed publisher..9634). In the present study, exudative AMD is not associated to serum VEGF165 levels; furthermore, our data does not establish a statistical link between VEGF165 and the CFH Y402H polymorphism. ..
- Brachner A, Braun J, Ghodgaonkar M, Castor D, Zlopasa L, Ehrlich V, et al. The endonuclease Ankle1 requires its LEM and GIY-YIG motifs for DNA cleavage in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1048-57 pubmed publisher..This activity requires both the catalytic C-terminal GIY-YIG domain and the LEM motif, which binds chromatin via BAF. Hence, Ankle1 is an unusual LEM protein with a GIY-YIG-type endonuclease activity in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Groenenberg D, Harl J, Duijm E, Gittenberger E. The complete mitogenome of Orcula dolium (Draparnaud, 1801); ultra-deep sequencing from a single long-range PCR using the Ion-Torrent PGM. Hereditas. 2017;154:7 pubmed publisher..Ancestral gene order reconstructions reveal rearrangements that characterize systematic groups. ..
- Koettnitz K, Wohl T, Kappel B, Lottspeich F, Hauber J, Bevec D. Identification of a new member of the human eIF-5A gene family. Gene. 1995;159:283-4 pubmed..In a plasmid shuffle experiment we show functional replacement of the essential homologous gene in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by this human eIF-5A. ..
- Marculescu R, Le T, Böcskör S, Mitterbauer G, Chott A, Mannhalter C, et al. Alternative end-joining in follicular lymphomas' t(14;18) translocation. Leukemia. 2002;16:120-6 pubmed..This unusual and restricted window of differentiation opens intriguing questions concerning the etiology of the translocation. ..
- Sunder Plassmann R, Rieger S, Endler G, Brunner M, Muller M, Mannhalter C. Simultaneous analysis of MDR1 C3435T, G2677T/A, and C1236T genotypes by multiplexed mutagenically separated PCR. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2005;43:192-4 pubmed..This newly developed MDR1 MS-PCR will facilitate fast, accurate and economic analysis of MDR1 genotypes and will provide important information in optimizing individual therapeutic approaches...
- Panzer Grümayer E, Cazzaniga G, van der Velden V, del Giudice L, Peham M, Mann G, et al. Immunogenotype changes prevail in relapses of young children with TEL-AML1-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia and derive mainly from clonal selection. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:7720-7 pubmed
- Rossmanith P, Krassnig M, Wagner M, Hein I. Detection of Listeria monocytogenes in food using a combined enrichment/real-time PCR method targeting the prfA gene. Res Microbiol. 2006;157:763-71 pubmed..When analyzing 76 naturally contaminated food samples of various types and comparing the results with the ISO 11290-1 standard method, the relative accuracy was 96%, the relative specificity 100%, and the relative sensitivity, 76.9%. ..
- Schaschl H, Wandeler P, Suchentrunk F, Obexer Ruff G, Goodman S. Selection and recombination drive the evolution of MHC class II DRB diversity in ungulates. Heredity (Edinb). 2006;97:427-37 pubmed
- Petit T, Spergser J, Aurich J, Rosengarten R. Examination of semen from bulls at five Austrian artificial insemination centres for chlamydiae and mollicutes. Vet Rec. 2008;162:792-3 pubmed
- Liszt K, Zwielehner J, Handschur M, Hippe B, Thaler R, Haslberger A. Characterization of bacteria, clostridia and Bacteroides in faeces of vegetarians using qPCR and PCR-DGGE fingerprinting. Ann Nutr Metab. 2009;54:253-7 pubmed publisher..It remains to be determined how these shifts might affect the host metabolism and disease risks. ..
- Hochwimmer G, Tober R, Bibars Reiter R, Licek E, Steinborn R. Identification of two GH18 chitinase family genes and their use as targets for detection of the crayfish-plague oomycete Aphanomyces astaci. BMC Microbiol. 2009;9:184 pubmed publisher..We developed an alternative closed-tube assay for A. astaci, which achieves robustness through simultaneous amplification of multiple functionally constrained genes...