Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Vienna, Austria
Locale: Vienna, Austria
Publications570 found, 100 shown here
- Kryeziu K, Jungwirth U, Hoda M, Ferk F, Knasmuller S, Karnthaler Benbakka C, et al. Synergistic anticancer activity of arsenic trioxide with erlotinib is based on inhibition of EGFR-mediated DNA double-strand break repair. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:1073-84 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study suggests that combination of ATO and EGFR inhibitors is a promising therapeutic strategy against various solid tumors harboring wild-type EGFR. ..
- Gattringer M, Baranyi U, Pilat N, Hock K, Klaus C, Ramsey H, et al. Anti-OX40L alone or in combination with anti-CD40L and CTLA4Ig does not inhibit the humoral and cellular response to a major grass pollen allergen. Clin Exp Allergy. 2016;46:354-64 pubmed publisher..Besides, no relevant synergistic effect of OX40L blockade in addition to CD40L/CD28 blockade could be detected. Thus, the therapeutic potential of OX40L blockade for IgE-mediated allergy appears to be ineffective in this setting. ..
- Barnat M, Benassy M, Vincensini L, Soares S, Fassier C, Propst F, et al. The GSK3-MAP1B pathway controls neurite branching and microtubule dynamics. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2016;72:9-21 pubmed publisher..We suggest that, at branching points, MAP1B undergoes a fine regulation of both its phosphorylation and sub-cellular amounts, in order to modulate the local balance between acetylated, detyrosinated, and tyrosinated microtubule pools. ..
- Basholli Salihu M, Schuster R, Hajdari A, Mulla D, Viernstein H, Mustafa B, et al. Phytochemical composition, anti-inflammatory activity and cytotoxic effects of essential oils from three Pinus spp. Pharm Biol. 2017;55:1553-1560 pubmed publisher..01%. The EOs of needles and twigs from P. peuce and P. heldreichii as well as of needles, twigs and cones of P. mugo can be considered as promising agents for anticancer and anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Varadi K, Turecek P, Mitterer A, Dorner F, Schwarz H. Thrombin-mediated in vitro processing of pro-von Willebrand factor. Thromb Haemost. 2001;86:1449-58 pubmed..Hirudin preconditioning of vWF-deficient mice attenuated processing of infused rpvWF suggesting that thrombin plays a part in the processing events in vivo. ..
- Rosner M, Freilinger A, Hengstschlager M. Akt regulates nuclear/cytoplasmic localization of tuberin. Oncogene. 2007;26:521-31 pubmed
- Vaculik C, Ruger B, Yanagida G, Hollemann D, Soleiman A, Losert U, et al. Shift of C3 deposition from localization in the glomerulus into the tubulo-interstitial compartment in the absence of secreted IgM in immune complex glomerulonephritis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2008;151:146-54 pubmed..These results indicate that secretory IgM can protect the tubulo-interstitial compartment from immune complex-induced damage without having an effect on the glomerulus. ..
- Akimova E, Lanzenberger R, Kasper S. The serotonin-1A receptor in anxiety disorders. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;66:627-35 pubmed publisher..This overview of preclinical and clinical data provides strong evidence for the key role of the 5-HT1A receptor in the serotonergic dysregulation of anxiety disorders. ..
- Cejka D, Hayer S, Niederreiter B, Sieghart W, Fuereder T, Zwerina J, et al. Mammalian target of rapamycin signaling is crucial for joint destruction in experimental arthritis and is activated in osteoclasts from patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:2294-302 pubmed publisher..To date, the contribution of mTOR signaling to joint inflammation and structural bone and cartilage damage is unknown. The aim of this study was to investigate the potential of inhibiting mTOR as a treatment of inflammatory arthritis...
- Fratzl Zelman N, BÃ¤chinger H, Vranka J, Roschger P, Klaushofer K, Rauch F. Bone matrix hypermineralization in prolyl-3 hydroxylase 1 deficient mice. Bone. 2016;85:15-22 pubmed publisher..It thus appears that P3H1 deficiency leads to decreased deposition of extracellular matrix by osteoblasts and increased incorporation of mineral into the matrix. ..
- Koslowski N, Sombetzki M, Loebermann M, Engelmann R, Grabow N, Osterreicher C, et al. Single-sex infection with female Schistosoma mansoni cercariae mitigates hepatic fibrosis after secondary infection. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005595 pubmed publisher..mansoni did not mitigate disease progression after a bisexual challenge. Our findings provide evidence that an immunization against S. mansoni is achievable by exploiting gender-specific differences between schistosomes. ..
- Pöltl A, Hauer B, Fuchs K, Tretter V, Sieghart W. Subunit composition and quantitative importance of GABA(A) receptor subtypes in the cerebellum of mouse and rat. J Neurochem. 2003;87:1444-55 pubmed
- Zigman M, Cayouette M, Charalambous C, Schleiffer A, Hoeller O, Dunican D, et al. Mammalian inscuteable regulates spindle orientation and cell fate in the developing retina. Neuron. 2005;48:539-45 pubmed..Our results suggest that the orientation of neural progenitor divisions is important for cell fate specification in the retina and determines their symmetric or asymmetric outcome. ..
- Henics T, Zimmer C. RNA delivery by heat shock protein-70 into mammalian cells: a preliminary study. Cell Biol Int. 2006;30:480-4 pubmed
- Kollmann K, Heller G, Ott R, Scheicher R, Zebedin Brandl E, Schneckenleithner C, et al. c-JUN promotes BCR-ABL-induced lymphoid leukemia by inhibiting methylation of the 5' region of Cdk6. Blood. 2011;117:4065-75 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we identify CDK6 as relevant and critical target of AP-1-regulated DNA methylation on BCR-ABL-induced transformation, thereby accelerating leukemogenesis. ..
- Fischer H, Scherz J, Szabo S, Mildner M, Benarafa C, Torriglia A, et al. DNase 2 is the main DNA-degrading enzyme of the stratum corneum. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17581 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data identify DNase 2 as the predominant DNase on the mammalian skin surface and indicate that its activity is primarily targeted to exogenous DNA. ..
- Steinitz K, van Helden P, Binder B, Wraith D, Unterthurner S, Hermann C, et al. CD4+ T-cell epitopes associated with antibody responses after intravenously and subcutaneously applied human FVIII in humanized hemophilic E17 HLA-DRB1*1501 mice. Blood. 2012;119:4073-82 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, most of the 8 peptide regions contained promiscuous epitopes that bound to several different HLA-DR proteins in in vitro binding assays. ..
- Lang M, Borgmann M, Oberhuber G, Evstatiev R, Jimenez K, Dammann K, et al. Thymoquinone attenuates tumor growth in ApcMin mice by interference with Wnt-signaling. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:41 pubmed publisher..Nigella sativa oil (or TQ) might be useful as nutritional supplement to complement surgery and chemoprevention in FAP. ..
- Bisht K, Wegiel B, Tampe J, Neubauer O, Wagner K, Otterbein L, et al. Biliverdin modulates the expression of C5aR in response to endotoxin in part via mTOR signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;449:94-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that biliverdin regulates LPS-mediated expression of C5aR via the mTOR pathway, revealing an additional mechanism underlying biliverdin's anti-inflammatory effects. ..
- Krasemann S, Madore C, Cialic R, Baufeld C, Calcagno N, El Fatimy R, et al. The TREM2-APOE Pathway Drives the Transcriptional Phenotype of Dysfunctional Microglia in Neurodegenerative Diseases. Immunity. 2017;47:566-581.e9 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies the TREM2-APOE pathway as a major regulator of microglial functional phenotype in neurodegenerative diseases and serves as a novel target that could aid in the restoration of homeostatic microglia. ..
- Schweifer N, Barlow D. The mouse plasminogen locus maps to the recombination breakpoints of the tLub2 and TtOrl partial t haplotypes but is not at the tw73 locus. Mamm Genome. 1992;2:260-8 pubmed..However, the mapping of Plg relative to the tLub2 deletion and mRNA analysis of plasminogen in tw73 heterozygotes suggests that Plg does not lie at the tw73 locus. ..
- Hara H, Wada T, Bakal C, Kozieradzki I, Suzuki S, Suzuki N, et al. The MAGUK family protein CARD11 is essential for lymphocyte activation. Immunity. 2003;18:763-75 pubmed..Our results show that the same family of molecules are critical regulators of neuronal synapses and immune receptor signaling. ..
- Zwerina J, Tzima S, Hayer S, Redlich K, Hoffmann O, Hanslik Schnabel B, et al. Heme oxygenase 1 (HO-1) regulates osteoclastogenesis and bone resorption. FASEB J. 2005;19:2011-3 pubmed..In summary, these data indicate that HO-1 negatively regulates osteoclastogenesis, leading to a positive net balance of bone. ..
- Weninger W, Geyer S, Mohun T, Rasskin Gutman D, Matsui T, Ribeiro I, et al. High-resolution episcopic microscopy: a rapid technique for high detailed 3D analysis of gene activity in the context of tissue architecture and morphology. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2006;211:213-21 pubmed..It has no tissue restrictions and can be applied for analysis of human tissue samples as well as for analysis of all developmental stages of embryos of a wide variety of biomedically relevant species. ..
- Hasselblatt P, Gresh L, Kudo H, Guinea Viniegra J, Wagner E. The role of the transcription factor AP-1 in colitis-associated and beta-catenin-dependent intestinal tumorigenesis in mice. Oncogene. 2008;27:6102-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, tumorigenesis was not altered in mice lacking junB, junD, c-fos, fra-1 or fra-2, suggesting that inhibition of c-Jun or other single AP-1 proteins is not a determining factor in colitis-associated cancer in mice. ..
- Nieborowska Skorska M, Sullivan K, Dasgupta Y, Podszywalow Bartnicka P, Hoser G, Maifrede S, et al. Gene expression and mutation-guided synthetic lethality eradicates proliferating and quiescent leukemia cells. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2392-2406 pubmed publisher..Further, an analysis of The Cancer Genome Atlas database indicated that this personalized medicine approach could also be applied to treat numerous solid tumors from individual patients. ..
- Galluzzi L, Baehrecke E, Ballabio A, Boya P, Bravo San Pedro J, Cecconi F, et al. Molecular definitions of autophagy and related processes. EMBO J. 2017;36:1811-1836 pubmed publisher..The ultimate objective of this collaborative exchange is to formulate recommendations that facilitate the dissemination of knowledge within and outside the field of autophagy research. ..
- Todoric J, Antonucci L, Di Caro G, Li N, Wu X, Lytle N, et al. Stress-Activated NRF2-MDM2 Cascade Controls Neoplastic Progression in Pancreas. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:824-839.e8 pubmed publisher..MDM2 targeting may be useful for preventing PDAC development in high-risk individuals. ..
- Wang Z, Stingl L, Morrison C, Jantsch M, Los M, Schulze Osthoff K, et al. PARP is important for genomic stability but dispensable in apoptosis. Genes Dev. 1997;11:2347-58 pubmed
- Ortiz Urda S, Elbe Bürger A, Smolle J, Marquart Y, Chudnovsky Y, Ridky T, et al. The plant lectin wheat germ agglutinin inhibits the binding of pemphigus foliaceus autoantibodies to desmoglein 1 in a majority of patients and prevents pathomechanisms of pemphigus foliaceus in vitro and in vivo. J Immunol. 2003;171:6244-50 pubmed..These findings suggest that WGA may interfere with autoantibody binding to dg1, preventing experimental PF without affecting the adhesive function of dg1. Our observations may provide a new approach to the therapy of PF. ..
- Radwan M, Miller I, Grunert T, Marchetti Deschmann M, Vogl C, O Donoghue N, et al. The impact of tyrosine kinase 2 (Tyk2) on the proteome of murine macrophages and their response to lipopolysaccharide (LPS). Proteomics. 2008;8:3469-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results imply regulatory roles of Tyk2 at multiple levels and establish novel connections between Tyk2 and several cellular proteins. ..
- Kerenyi M, Grebien F, Gehart H, Schifrer M, Artaker M, Kovacic B, et al. Stat5 regulates cellular iron uptake of erythroid cells via IRP-2 and TfR-1. Blood. 2008;112:3878-88 pubmed publisher..Both genes were demonstrated to be direct transcriptional targets of Stat5. This establishes an unexpected mechanistic link between EpoR/Jak/Stat signaling and iron metabolism, processes absolutely essential for erythropoiesis and life. ..
- Karayel E, Burckstummer T, Bilban M, Dürnberger G, Weitzer S, Martinez J, et al. The TLR-independent DNA recognition pathway in murine macrophages: Ligand features and molecular signature. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:1929-36 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest that, in murine macrophages, only one major cytosolic DNA recognition pathway is operational. ..
- Raeven P, Feichtinger G, Weixelbaumer K, Atzenhofer S, Redl H, van Griensven M, et al. Compartment-specific expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 correlates with severity/outcome of murine polymicrobial sepsis. Thromb Res. 2012;129:e238-45 pubmed publisher..Polymicrobial sepsis caused a gradual circulating PAI-1 release and highly variable gene expression response pattern in organs. Only circulating PAI-1 and PAI-1 expression in the LCVC correlated with response severity and/or outcome. ..
- Putz E, Gotthardt D, Hoermann G, Csiszar A, Wirth S, Berger A, et al. CDK8-mediated STAT1-S727 phosphorylation restrains NK cell cytotoxicity and tumor surveillance. Cell Rep. 2013;4:437-44 pubmed publisher..Constitutive phosphorylation of S727 depends on cyclin-dependent kinase 8 (CDK8). Inhibition of CDK8-mediated STAT1-S727 phosphorylation may thus represent a therapeutic strategy for stimulating NK cell-mediated tumor surveillance. ..
- Monzote L, García M, Pastor J, Gil L, Scull R, Maes L, et al. Essential oil from Chenopodium ambrosioides and main components: activity against Leishmania, their mitochondria and other microorganisms. Exp Parasitol. 2014;136:20-6 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the potentialities of EO in cellular and molecular system, which could be consider in future studies to develop new antileishmanial drugs with a wide anti-parasitic spectrum. ..
- Fischer H, Langbein L, Reichelt J, Buchberger M, Tschachler E, Eckhart L. Keratins K2 and K10 are essential for the epidermal integrity of plantar skin. J Dermatol Sci. 2016;81:10-6 pubmed publisher..e. K2 and K10, can be only partly compensated by the upregulation of other keratins. The thickening of the epidermis in the soles of Krt2(-/-) Krt10(-/-) mice may serve as a model for pathomechanistic aspects of palmoplantar keratoderma. ..
- Muhlner U, Möhle Steinlein U, Wizigmann Voos S, Christofori G, Risau W, Wagner E. Formation of transformed endothelial cells in the absence of VEGFR-2/Flk-1 by Polyoma middle T oncogene. Oncogene. 1999;18:4200-10 pubmed..Therefore, flk-1(-/-) END. cells provide a powerful tool to dissect the downstream signaling pathways of Flk-1. ..
- Tesch W, Vandenbos T, Roschgr P, Fratzl Zelman N, Klaushofer K, Beertsen W, et al. Orientation of mineral crystallites and mineral density during skeletal development in mice deficient in tissue nonspecific alkaline phosphatase. J Bone Miner Res. 2003;18:117-25 pubmed
- Agrelo R, Souabni A, Novatchkova M, Haslinger C, Leeb M, Komnenovic V, et al. SATB1 defines the developmental context for gene silencing by Xist in lymphoma and embryonic cells. Dev Cell. 2009;16:507-16 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data establish SATB1 as a crucial silencing factor contributing to the initiation of X inactivation. ..
- Röhrl C, Eigner K, Winter K, Korbelius M, Obrowsky S, Kratky D, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress impairs cholesterol efflux and synthesis in hepatic cells. J Lipid Res. 2014;55:94-103 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that ER stress in metabolic disorders reduces HDL biogenesis due to impaired hepatic ABCA1 function. ..
- Pitschmann A, Zehl M, Heiss E, Purevsuren S, Urban E, Dirsch V, et al. Quantitation of phenylpropanoids and iridoids in insulin-sensitising extracts of Leonurus sibiricus L. (Lamiaceae). Phytochem Anal. 2016;27:23-31 pubmed publisher..Leonurus sibiricus L. is regularly used in traditional Mongolian medicine including for the treatment of symptoms of diabetes mellitus...
- Pessentheiner A, Huber K, Pelzmann H, Prokesch A, Radner F, Wolinski H, et al. APMAP interacts with lysyl oxidase-like proteins, and disruption of Apmap leads to beneficial visceral adipose tissue expansion. FASEB J. 2017;31:4088-4103 pubmed publisher..Hoefler, G., RÃ¼licke, T., Birner-Gruenberger, R., Bilban, M., Bogner-Strauss, J. G. APMAP interacts with lysyl oxidase-like proteins, and disruption of Apmap leads to beneficial visceral adipose tissue expansion. ..
- Preischl E, Pendl G, Elbe A, Serfling E, Harrer N, Stingl G, et al. Induction of the TNF-alpha promoter in the murine dendritic cell line 18 and the murine mast cell line CPII is differently regulated. J Immunol. 1996;157:2645-53 pubmed..These and further experimental data indicate that in DC, NF-kappaB factors play a predominant role in the activation of the TNF-alpha promoter and, possibly, of other cytokine promoters. ..
- Laible G, Wolf A, Dorn R, Reuter G, Nislow C, Lebersorger A, et al. Mammalian homologues of the Polycomb-group gene Enhancer of zeste mediate gene silencing in Drosophila heterochromatin and at S. cerevisiae telomeres. EMBO J. 1997;16:3219-32 pubmed..Together, these data provide a functional link between Pc-G-dependent gene repression and inactive chromatin domains, and indicate that silencing mechanism(s) may be broadly conserved in eukaryotes. ..
- Winkler B, Hufnagl K, Spittler A, Ploder M, Kallay E, Vrtala S, et al. The role of Foxp3+ T cells in long-term efficacy of prophylactic and therapeutic mucosal tolerance induction in mice. Allergy. 2006;61:173-80 pubmed
- Kneidinger M, Schmidt U, Rix U, Gleixner K, Vales A, Baumgartner C, et al. The effects of dasatinib on IgE receptor-dependent activation and histamine release in human basophils. Blood. 2008;111:3097-107 pubmed publisher..Dasatinib may be an interesting agent for immunologic disorders involving Btk-dependent responses or/and FcepsilonRI activation of basophils. ..
- Nemethova M, Auinger S, Small J. Building the actin cytoskeleton: filopodia contribute to the construction of contractile bundles in the lamella. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:1233-44 pubmed publisher..Comparable results were obtained with B16 melanoma cells. These and other findings support the idea that filaments generated in filopodia and lamellipodia for protrusion are recycled for seeding actomyosin arrays for use in retraction. ..
- Nedjic J, Aichinger M, Emmerich J, Mizushima N, Klein L. Autophagy in thymic epithelium shapes the T-cell repertoire and is essential for tolerance. Nature. 2008;455:396-400 pubmed publisher..In doing so, it contributes to T-cell selection and is essential for the generation of a self-tolerant T-cell repertoire. ..
- Meindl S, Vaculik C, Meingassner J, Kramer G, Akgün J, Prior M, et al. Differential effects of corticosteroids and pimecrolimus on the developing skin immune system in humans and mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:2184-92 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that similar to the situation in adult skin, corticosteroids may impair LC maturation as well as viability of ECs in infants, effects not seen with PIM. ..
- Thaler R, Zwerina J, Rumpler M, Spitzer S, Gamsjaeger S, Paschalis E, et al. Homocysteine induces serum amyloid A3 in osteoblasts via unlocking RGD-motifs in collagen. FASEB J. 2013;27:446-63 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest Saa3 as link between hyperhomocysteinemia and development of osteoporosis. ..
- Koprulu A, Kastner R, Wienerroither S, Lassnig C, Putz E, Majer O, et al. The tyrosine kinase Btk regulates the macrophage response to Listeria monocytogenes infection. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60476 pubmed publisher..This correlated with elevated IFN-? and IL-12p70 serum levels in Btk (-/-) mice at day 1 after infection. Taken together, our data suggest an important regulatory role for Btk in macrophages during Lm infection. ..
- Jensen Jarolim E, Pali Schöll I, Roth Walter F. Outstanding animal studies in allergy II. From atopic barrier and microbiome to allergen-specific immunotherapy. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;17:180-187 pubmed publisher..Also allergen-specific immunotherapy operates with immunomodulatory principles. ..
- Eferl R, Hoebertz A, Schilling A, Rath M, Karreth F, Kenner L, et al. The Fos-related antigen Fra-1 is an activator of bone matrix formation. EMBO J. 2004;23:2789-99 pubmed..These results uncover a novel function of Fra-1 in regulating bone mass through bone matrix production by osteoblasts and chondrocytes. ..
- Herman S, Kny A, Schorn C, Pfatschbacher J, Niederreiter B, Herrmann M, et al. Cell death and cytokine production induced by autoimmunogenic hydrocarbon oils. Autoimmunity. 2012;45:602-11 pubmed publisher..The higher serum IL-1? levels in pristane-injected animals might be caused by both inflammasome-dependent and -independent mechanisms, such as passive release from dying-cells and probably extracellular maturation of pro-IL-1?. ..
- Busslinger M, Klix N, Pfeffer P, Graninger P, Kozmik Z. Deregulation of PAX-5 by translocation of the Emu enhancer of the IgH locus adjacent to two alternative PAX-5 promoters in a diffuse large-cell lymphoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:6129-34 pubmed..These data suggest that deregulation of PAX-5 gene transcription by the t(9;14)(pl3;q32) translocation contributes to the pathogenesis of small lymphocytic lymphomas with plasmacytoid differentiation. ..
- Weissenbock H, Bakonyi T, Chvala S, Nowotny N. Experimental Usutu virus infection of suckling mice causes neuronal and glial cell apoptosis and demyelination. Acta Neuropathol. 2004;108:453-60 pubmed..While neuronal apoptosis is a general aspect of flavivirus pathogenicity, demyelination seems to be a unique feature of USUV infection. ..
- Martens J, O Sullivan R, Braunschweig U, Opravil S, Radolf M, Steinlein P, et al. The profile of repeat-associated histone lysine methylation states in the mouse epigenome. EMBO J. 2005;24:800-12 pubmed..Our data define a profile of repressive histone lysine methylation states for the repetitive complement of four distinct mouse epigenomes and suggest tandem repeats and dsRNA as primary triggers for more stable chromatin imprints. ..
- Roetzer A, Gratz N, Kovarik P, Schüller C. Autophagy supports Candida glabrata survival during phagocytosis. Cell Microbiol. 2010;12:199-216 pubmed publisher..Mobilization of intracellular resources via autophagy is an important virulence factor that supports the viability of C. glabrata in the phagosomal compartment of infected innate immune cells...
- Schmidt W, Uddin M, Dysek S, Moser Thier K, Pirker C, Hoger H, et al. DNA damage, somatic aneuploidy, and malignant sarcoma susceptibility in muscular dystrophies. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002042 pubmed publisher..These novel aspects of molecular pathologies common to muscular dystrophies and tumor biology will potentially influence the strategies to combat these diseases...
- Baudrimont A, Penkner A, Woglar A, Mamnun Y, Hulek M, Struck C, et al. A new thermosensitive smc-3 allele reveals involvement of cohesin in homologous recombination in C. elegans. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24799 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that recombinational DNA repair makes higher demands on cohesins than does chromosome segregation. ..
- Solca F, Dahl G, Zoephel A, Bader G, Sanderson M, Klein C, et al. Target binding properties and cellular activity of afatinib (BIBW 2992), an irreversible ErbB family blocker. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2012;343:342-50 pubmed publisher..quot; ..
- Warsch W, Grundschober E, Berger A, Gille L, Cerny Reiterer S, Tigan A, et al. STAT5 triggers BCR-ABL1 mutation by mediating ROS production in chronic myeloid leukaemia. Oncotarget. 2012;3:1669-87 pubmed..This model explains the increased occurrence of inhibitor-resistant BCR-ABL1 mutations in advanced disease stages driven and characterized by high STAT5 expression. ..
- Aguzzi A, Bothe K, Wagner E, Rethwilm A, Horak I. Human foamy virus: an underestimated neuropathogen?. Brain Pathol. 1992;2:61-9 pubmed..Moreover, the transgenic mouse model will be useful for studying the molecular basis of HFV-induced neurotoxicity, the role of individual disease-associated HFV genes and the regulation of retroviral latency. ..
- Marchart J, Dropmann G, Lechleitner S, Schlapp T, Wanner G, Szostak M, et al. Pasteurella multocida- and Pasteurella haemolytica-ghosts: new vaccine candidates. Vaccine. 2003;21:3988-97 pubmed..multocida-ghosts. Animals which received 1.15 x 10(8) ghosts and a challenge dose of up to 60 cfu (LD90), showed 100% protection. According to these results, we suggest ghosts of P. multocida and P. haemolytica as new vaccine candidates...
- Sun Y, Kanekar S, Vetter M, Gorski S, Jan Y, Glaser T, et al. Conserved and divergent functions of Drosophila atonal, amphibian, and mammalian Ath5 genes. Evol Dev. 2003;5:532-41 pubmed..These observations suggest that the atonaI family may occupy a position in a gene hierarchy where differences in gene regulation or function can be correlated with evolutionary diversity of eye development. ..
- Feik N, Bilic I, Tinhofer J, Unger B, Littman D, Ellmeier W. Functional and molecular analysis of the double-positive stage-specific CD8 enhancer E8III during thymocyte development. J Immunol. 2005;174:1513-24 pubmed..These results indicate that E8(III) is one of the cis-elements that contribute to the activation of the Cd8a and Cd8b gene complex during T cell development. ..
- Ehrenreiter K, Piazzolla D, Velamoor V, Sobczak I, Small J, Takeda J, et al. Raf-1 regulates Rho signaling and cell migration. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:955-64 pubmed..Thus, Raf-1 plays an essential, kinase-independent function as a spatial regulator of Rho downstream signaling during migration. ..
- Hill T, Später D, Taketo M, Birchmeier W, Hartmann C. Canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling prevents osteoblasts from differentiating into chondrocytes. Dev Cell. 2005;8:727-38 pubmed..Thus, canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is essential for skeletal lineage differentiation, preventing transdifferentiation of osteoblastic cells into chondrocytes. ..
- Lassnig C, Sanchez C, Egerbacher M, Walter I, Majer S, Kolbe T, et al. Development of a transgenic mouse model susceptible to human coronavirus 229E. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8275-80 pubmed..Furthermore, these mice provide an important tool for the evaluation of biosafety and efficacy of coronavirus-based vectors. ..
- Paulus P, Stanley E, Schäfer R, Abraham D, Aharinejad S. Colony-stimulating factor-1 antibody reverses chemoresistance in human MCF-7 breast cancer xenografts. Cancer Res. 2006;66:4349-56 pubmed..These studies support the paradigm of CSF-1 blockade in the treatment of solid tumors and show that anti-CSF-1 antibodies are potential therapeutic agents for the treatment of mammary cancer. ..
- Leitner J, Grabmeier Pfistershammer K, Steinberger P. Receptors and ligands implicated in human T cell costimulatory processes. Immunol Lett. 2010;128:89-97 pubmed publisher..Here we give a comprehensive overview of molecules that have been implicated in human T cell activation processes and propose criteria that define genuine T cell costimulatory pathways. ..
- Leeb M, Pasini D, Novatchkova M, Jaritz M, Helin K, Wutz A. Polycomb complexes act redundantly to repress genomic repeats and genes. Genes Dev. 2010;24:265-76 pubmed publisher..This indicates a contribution of the Polycomb group system to the defense against parasitic DNA, and a potential role of genomic repeats in Polycomb-mediated gene regulation. ..
- Pumidonming W, Walochnik J, Dauber E, Petry F. Binding to complement factors and activation of the alternative pathway by Acanthamoeba. Immunobiology. 2011;216:225-33 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results prove that NHS is amoebolytic and that Acanthamoeba binds to C3 and C9 and activates the complement system via the alternative pathway. ..
- Mueller K, Kornfeld J, Friedbichler K, Blaas L, Egger G, Esterbauer H, et al. Impairment of hepatic growth hormone and glucocorticoid receptor signaling causes steatosis and hepatocellular carcinoma in mice. Hepatology. 2011;54:1398-409 pubmed publisher..Hepatic STAT5/GR signaling is crucial for the maintenance of systemic lipid homeostasis. Impairment of both signaling cascades causes severe metabolic liver disease and promotes spontaneous hepatic tumorigenesis. ..
- Ivin M, Dumigan A, de Vasconcelos F, Ebner F, Borroni M, Kavirayani A, et al. Natural killer cell-intrinsic type I IFN signaling controls Klebsiella pneumoniae growth during lung infection. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006696 pubmed publisher..These data identify NK cell-intrinsic type I IFN signaling as essential driver of K. pneumoniae clearance, and reveal specific targets for future therapeutic exploitations...
- Jantschitsch C, Trautinger F, Klosner G, Gsur A, Herbacek I, Micksche M, et al. Overexpression of Hsp25 in K1735 murine melanoma cells enhances susceptibility to natural killer cytotoxicity. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2002;7:107-17 pubmed..To sum up, a cytoplasmic overexpression of Hsp25 is associated with an increased susceptibility to lysis by DX-5+ NK cells in the low-metastatic murine melanoma model investigated. ..
- Fritz J, Brunner S, Birnstiel M, Buschle M, Gabain A, Mattner F, et al. The artificial antimicrobial peptide KLKLLLLLKLK induces predominantly a TH2-type immune response to co-injected antigens. Vaccine. 2004;22:3274-84 pubmed..We provide evidence that KLKL5KLK enhances the association of antigen to antigen-presenting cells and forms a depot of antigen at the site of injection, making it an interesting adjuvant for novel vaccine design...
- Maier C, Rünzler D, Schindelar J, Grabner G, Waldhausl W, Köhler G, et al. G-protein-coupled glucocorticoid receptors on the pituitary cell membrane. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:3353-61 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate high-affinity GC-binding on the cell membrane of AtT-20 cells with characteristics distinct from intracellular binding. ..
- Giefing C, Meinke A, Hanner M, Henics T, Bui M, Gelbmann D, et al. Discovery of a novel class of highly conserved vaccine antigens using genomic scale antigenic fingerprinting of pneumococcus with human antibodies. J Exp Med. 2008;205:117-31 pubmed publisher..A vaccine containing PcsB and StkP is intended for the prevention of infections caused by all serotypes of pneumococcus in the elderly and in children. ..
- Wagner A, Forster Waldl E, Garner Spitzer E, Schabussova I, Kundi M, Pollak A, et al. Immunoregulation by Toxoplasma gondii infection prevents allergic immune responses in mice. Int J Parasitol. 2009;39:465-72 pubmed publisher..gondii infection. Our data demonstrate that T. gondii exhibits strong immunomodulating properties which lead to prevention of allergic immune responses and thereby support the hygiene hypothesis...
- Simma O, Zebedin E, Neugebauer N, Schellack C, Pilz A, Chang Rodriguez S, et al. Identification of an indispensable role for tyrosine kinase 2 in CTL-mediated tumor surveillance. Cancer Res. 2009;69:203-11 pubmed publisher..Adoptive transfer experiments defined a key role of Tyk2 in CTL-mediated tumor surveillance. In contrast to wt OT-1 cells, Tyk2(-/-) OT-1 T cells were incapable of controlling EG7-induced tumor growth. ..
- Riedmann L, Schwentner R. miRNA, siRNA, piRNA and argonautes: news in small matters. RNA Biol. 2010;7:133-9 pubmed..piRNAs associated with Piwi proteins protect the animal germline from mobile genetic elements, thereby acting as a small RNA-based immune system. ..