Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Vienna, Austria
Locale: Vienna, Austria
Publications1242 found, 100 shown here
- Resch H, Karl K, Weigert G, Wolzt M, Hommer A, Schmetterer L, et al. Effect of dual endothelin receptor blockade on ocular blood flow in patients with glaucoma and healthy subjects. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:358-63 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to study the dose-response relationship of this effect and to characterize the role of endothelin receptor subtypes. ..
- Kaufmann M, Hartl S, Geyer K, Breyer M, Burghuber O. Measuring FEV(6) for detecting early airway obstruction in the primary care setting. Quality and utility of the new PiKo-6 device. Respiration. 2009;78:161-7 pubmed publisher..4-18%) in the general population, but less than half are diagnosed. Several studies have shown FEV(6) as a good surrogate marker for forced vital capacity (FVC) to detect airflow limitations...
- Milicevic Z, Hancu N, Car N, Ivanyi T, Schwarzenhofer M, Jermendy G. Effect of two starting insulin regimens in patients with type II diabetes not controlled on a combination of oral antihyperglycemic medications. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2009;117:223-9 pubmed publisher..72 episodes/patient/30 days; p =0.037). Treatment with LM50/LM25 compared with glib/NPH in patients with inadequate control on combined OAMs yielded better postprandial and overall glycemic control with a higher rate of hypoglycemia. ..
- Gedlicka C, Formanek M, Ehrenberger K. Analysis of 60 patients after tympanotomy and sealing of the round window membrane after acute unilateral sensorineural hearing loss. Am J Otolaryngol. 2009;30:157-61 pubmed publisher..This retrospective study was performed to evaluate the effectiveness of tympanotomy and sealing of the round window membrane after unilateral acute hearing loss...
- Toegel S, Pabst M, Wu S, Grass J, Goldring M, Chiari C, et al. Phenotype-related differential alpha-2,6- or alpha-2,3-sialylation of glycoprotein N-glycans in human chondrocytes. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2010;18:240-8 pubmed publisher..A shift towards altered sialylation might contribute to impaired cell-matrix interactions in disease conditions. ..
- Hlavaty J, Jandl G, Liszt M, Petznek H, König Schuster M, Sedlak J, et al. Comparative evaluation of preclinical in vivo models for the assessment of replicating retroviral vectors for the treatment of glioblastoma. J Neurooncol. 2011;102:59-69 pubmed publisher..Injection of the RCR vector into pre-established orthotopic mouse tumor xenografts revealed substantial infection and virus spread of tumor tissue from most cell types. ..
- Starlinger P, Brugger P, Reiter C, Schauer D, Sommerfeldt S, Tamandl D, et al. Discrimination between circulating endothelial cells and blood cell populations with overlapping phenotype reveals distinct regulation and predictive potential in cancer therapy. Neoplasia. 2011;13:980-90 pubmed..However, these three cell populations show distinct regulation during cancer therapy, and their concomitant analysis may offer extended prognostic and predictive information. ..
- Benazzi S, Douka K, Fornai C, Bauer C, Kullmer O, Svoboda J, et al. Early dispersal of modern humans in Europe and implications for Neanderthal behaviour. Nature. 2011;479:525-8 pubmed publisher..The Cavallo human remains are therefore the oldest known European anatomically modern humans, confirming a rapid dispersal of modern humans across the continent before the Aurignacian and the disappearance of Neanderthals. ..
- Hegazy N, Potter R, Kirisits C, Berger D, Federico M, Sturdza A, et al. High-risk clinical target volume delineation in CT-guided cervical cancer brachytherapy: impact of information from FIGO stage with or without systematic inclusion of 3D documentation of clinical gynecological examination. Acta Oncol. 2013;52:1345-52 pubmed publisher..If CT information is only available, minimum 2/3 of uterine height may be a good surrogate for the height of HR CTV. ..
- Lancaster M, Renner M, Martin C, Wenzel D, Bicknell L, Hurles M, et al. Cerebral organoids model human brain development and microcephaly. Nature. 2013;501:373-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show that three-dimensional organoids can recapitulate development and disease even in this most complex human tissue. ..
- Herac M, Niederle B, Raderer M, Krebs M, Kaserer K, Koperek O. Expression of somatostatin receptor 2A in medullary thyroid carcinoma is associated with lymph node metastasis. APMIS. 2016;124:839-45 pubmed publisher..Our results provide additional information concerning the aggressiveness of MTCs and reveal that a high SSTR2A and SSTR5 expression might be a poor prognostic feature. ..
- Glotzer J, Michou A, Baker A, Saltik M, Cotten M. Microtubule-independent motility and nuclear targeting of adenoviruses with fluorescently labeled genomes. J Virol. 2001;75:2421-34 pubmed..These data revealed that adenovirus intracellular motility and nuclear targeting can be supported by a mechanism that does not rely on the microtubule network. ..
- Aberham C, Pendl C, Gross P, Zerlauth G, Gessner M. A quantitative, internally controlled real-time PCR Assay for the detection of parvovirus B19 DNA. J Virol Methods. 2001;92:183-91 pubmed..The assay is validated according to current guidelines (of the International Conference on Harmonization, Paul Ehrlich Institute, and the Council of Europe) and is optimized for high throughput screening. ..
- Neumayer C, Bischof G, Fugger R, Imhof M, Jakesz R, Plas E, et al. Efficacy and safety of thoracoscopic sympathicotomy for hyperhidrosis of the upper limb. Results of 734 sympathicotomies. Ann Chir Gynaecol. 2001;90:195-9 pubmed..7). We observed a significant decrease of the incidence of complete or incomplete Horner's syndrome and gustatory sweating when the procedure was guided by video-imaging while success rate was similar when compared with CTS. ..
- Bancher Todesca D, Hefler L, Zeisler H, Schatten C, Husslein P, Heinze G, et al. Placental expression of cytokeratin 18 and serum levels of tissue polypeptide antigen in women with pregnancy-induced hypertension. Hypertens Pregnancy. 2001;20:89-98 pubmed..3; p = 0.001) Cytokeratin 18 is overexpressed in the syncytiotrophoblast of women with PIH. Serum levels of TPA are elevated among women with PIH and correlate with disease severity and low fetal birth weight. ..
- Giefing C, Meinke A, Hanner M, Henics T, Bui M, Gelbmann D, et al. Discovery of a novel class of highly conserved vaccine antigens using genomic scale antigenic fingerprinting of pneumococcus with human antibodies. J Exp Med. 2008;205:117-31 pubmed publisher..A vaccine containing PcsB and StkP is intended for the prevention of infections caused by all serotypes of pneumococcus in the elderly and in children. ..
- Rohr Udilova N, Stolze K, Sagmeister S, Nohl H, Schulte Hermann R, Grasl Kraupp B. Lipid hydroperoxides from processed dietary oils enhance growth of hepatocarcinoma cells. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2008;52:352-9 pubmed publisher..2 cells, indicating the protective role of HO-1 induction. This is the first evidence that lipid hydroperoxides of dietary origin may be an important driving force for carcinogenesis in the liver. ..
- Lechner D, Weltermann A. Circulating tissue factor-exposing microparticles. Thromb Res. 2008;122 Suppl 1:S47-54 pubmed publisher..Standardization of preanalytical procedures and development of more sensitive technologies are needed to improve our current understanding of the role of circulating TF+MPs in thrombosis. ..
- Witte A, Floel A, Stein P, Savli M, Mien L, Wadsak W, et al. Aggression is related to frontal serotonin-1A receptor distribution as revealed by PET in healthy subjects. Hum Brain Mapp. 2009;30:2558-70 pubmed publisher..Our findings point to a reduced down-stream control due to higher amounts or activities of frontal 5-HT(1A) receptors in more aggressive subjects, which is presumably modulated by sex hormones. ..
- Stary G, Klein I, Kohlhofer S, Koszik F, Scherzer T, Müllauer L, et al. Plasmacytoid dendritic cells express TRAIL and induce CD4+ T-cell apoptosis in HIV-1 viremic patients. Blood. 2009;114:3854-63 pubmed publisher..Definition of pDCs as killers of CD4+ T cells implies a new mechanism of disease progression in HIV infection. ..
- Wernsdorfer W, Ismail S, Chan K, Congpuong K, Wernsdorfer G. Activity of Eurycoma longifolia root extract against Plasmodium falciparum in vitro. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2009;121 Suppl 3:23-6 pubmed publisher..The inhibitory activity of the E. longifolia extract was higher than that expected from the three quassinoids isolated from the plant, suggesting synergism between the quassinoids or the presence of other unidentified compounds...
- Iff I, Mosing M, Lechner T, Moens Y. The use of an acoustic device to identify the extradural space in standing horses. Vet Anaesth Analg. 2010;37:57-62 pubmed publisher..8 kPa (-6 mmHg). The acoustic device is useful to assist in the identification of successful or unsuccessful extradural needle placement in the horse. ..
- Kolle S, Reese S, Kummer W. New aspects of gamete transport, fertilization, and embryonic development in the oviduct gained by means of live cell imaging. Theriogenology. 2010;73:786-95 pubmed publisher..The current review will focus on a short description of recent techniques of live cell imaging in the reproductive tract followed by an overview of actual observations during the early events of reproduction...
- Königsberg R, Gneist M, Jahn Kuch D, Pfeiler G, Hager G, Hudec M, et al. Circulating tumor cells in metastatic colorectal cancer: efficacy and feasibility of different enrichment methods. Cancer Lett. 2010;293:117-23 pubmed publisher..007). CTC enrichment with EpCAM coupled antibodies is superior to other cytometric methods and is a feasible method for CTC detection in mCRC patients. ..
- Figl M, Weninger P, Hofbauer M, Pezzei C, Schauer J, Leixnering M. Results of dynamic treatment of fractures of the proximal phalanx of the hand. J Trauma. 2011;70:852-6 pubmed publisher..Active exercises in the proximal and distal interphalangeal joints prevent limitations of mobility and the subsequent occurrence of rotational and axial deformities. ..
- Ay C, Dunkler D, Marosi C, Chiriac A, Vormittag R, Simanek R, et al. Prediction of venous thromboembolism in cancer patients. Blood. 2010;116:5377-82 pubmed publisher..9 (8.0-84.6). Clinical and standard laboratory parameters with addition of biomarkers enable prediction of VTE and allow identification of cancer patients at high or low risk of VTE. ..
- Sattler S, Ghadially H, Reiche D, Karas I, Hofer E. Evolutionary development and expression pattern of the myeloid lectin-like receptor gene family encoded within the NK gene complex. Scand J Immunol. 2010;72:309-18 pubmed publisher..Further, two additional genes were identified, which do not encode proteins with lectin-like domain structure and seem to be widely expressed. ..
- Nishiyama T, Ladurner R, Schmitz J, Kreidl E, Schleiffer A, Bhaskara V, et al. Sororin mediates sister chromatid cohesion by antagonizing Wapl. Cell. 2010;143:737-49 pubmed publisher..The mechanism we describe here may therefore be widely conserved among different species...
- Binder S, Falkner Radler C, Hauger C, Matz H, Glittenberg C. Feasibility of intrasurgical spectral-domain optical coherence tomography. Retina. 2011;31:1332-6 pubmed publisher..Intrasurgical spectral-domain optical coherence tomography evaluation is feasible using the tested system and may positively influence surgical decisions and techniques resulting in an improved patient outcome. ..
- Theuretzbacher U. Accelerating resistance, inadequate antibacterial drug pipelines and international responses. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2012;39:295-9 pubmed publisher..The European Commission has shown leadership and put action plans in place. Only the future will tell whether these initiatives will help curb the impact of the MDR pandemic. ..
- Matt U, Sharif O, Martins R, Furtner T, Langeberg L, Gawish R, et al. WAVE1 mediates suppression of phagocytosis by phospholipid-derived DAMPs. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:3014-24 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data uncover an unanticipated role for WAVE1 as a critical modulator of the innate immune response to severe bacterial infections. ..
- McLintock C, Pabinger I, Bauer K, Laffan M, Angchaisuksiri P, Rezende S, et al. International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis core curriculum project: core competencies in clinical thrombosis and hemostasis. J Thromb Haemost. 2016;14:3-27 pubmed publisher..The curriculum will offer a framework and international reference that will be used by the society, by national and regional organizations, and for further research. ..
- Huemer J, Plattner B, Planer N, Steiner H, Feucht M. Psychopathology in adolescents with TLE and FLE. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2016;20:880-887 pubmed publisher..Our results show that continuous and syndrome-specific psychiatric monitoring is essential in young patients with epilepsy. ..
- Windpassinger C, Piard J, Bonnard C, Alfadhel M, Lim S, Bisteau X, et al. CDK10 Mutations in Humans and Mice Cause Severe Growth Retardation, Spine Malformations, and Developmental Delays. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:391-403 pubmed publisher..Our results document the CDK10 loss-of-function phenotype and point to a function for CDK10 in transducing signals received at the primary cilia to sustain embryonic and postnatal development. ..
- Aichholzer M, Mazal P, Haberler C, Dietrich W, Bertalanffy A, Roessler K, et al. Epidural metastasis of a glioblastoma after stereotactic biopsy: case report. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2001;44:175-7 pubmed..Histological examination showed a glioblastoma that spread epidurally along the needle tract. This is the first report of an epidural intracranial implantation metastasis of a glioblastoma after stereotactic biopsy. ..
- Pelinka L, Hertz H, Mauritz W, Harada N, Jafarmadar M, Albrecht M, et al. Nonspecific increase of systemic neuron-specific enolase after trauma: clinical and experimental findings. Shock. 2005;24:119-23 pubmed..005), and kidney (P < 0.0005). Our data show that systemic NSE increases to similar degrees with and without TBI. Therefore, NSE is not a useful early marker of TBI in multiple trauma. ..
- Grunt T, Tomek K, Wagner R, Puckmair K, Zielinski C. The DNA-binding epidermal growth factor-receptor inhibitor PD153035 and other DNA-intercalating cytotoxic drugs reactivate the expression of the retinoic acid receptor-beta tumor-suppressor gene in breast cancer cells. Differentiation. 2007;75:883-90 pubmed..These data further support the notion that induction of the RAR-beta tumor-suppressor gene in cancer cells by PD153035 is mediated at least in part by its DNA intercalating activity. ..
- Kapral S, Greher M, Huber G, Willschke H, Kettner S, Kdolsky R, et al. Ultrasonographic guidance improves the success rate of interscalene brachial plexus blockade. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2008;33:253-8 pubmed publisher..The use of ultrasound to guide needle placement and monitor the spread of local anesthetic improves the success rate of interscalene brachial plexus block. ..
- Untersmayr E, Jensen Jarolim E. The role of protein digestibility and antacids on food allergy outcomes. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;121:1301-8; quiz 1309-10 pubmed publisher..Thus antiulcer agents impeding gastric protein digestion have a major effect on the sensitization and effector phase of food allergy. ..
- Kovacs G, Alafuzoff I, Al Sarraj S, Arzberger T, Bogdanovic N, Capellari S, et al. Mixed brain pathologies in dementia: the BrainNet Europe consortium experience. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2008;26:343-50 pubmed publisher..Neuropathological interpretation of AGD and VP has not been sufficiently established in a consensus. Pure forms of synucleinopathies are unlikely sole substrates for dementia. ..
- Gotzinger E, Pircher M, Baumann B, Hirn C, Vass C, Hitzenberger C. Analysis of the origin of atypical scanning laser polarimetry patterns by polarization-sensitive optical coherence tomography. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:5366-72 pubmed publisher..PS-OCT provides deeper insight into the contribution of different fundus layers to SLP images. Increased light penetration into the sclera can distort SLP retardation patterns of the RNFL. ..
- Leparc G, Tüchler T, Striedner G, Bayer K, Sykacek P, Hofacker I, et al. Model-based probe set optimization for high-performance microarrays. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:e18 pubmed publisher..The algorithm and features are discussed and demonstrated on actual design runs. Source code is available on request...
- Burkard T, Rix U, Breitwieser F, Superti Furga G, Colinge J. A computational approach to analyze the mechanism of action of the kinase inhibitor bafetinib. PLoS Comput Biol. 2010;6:e1001001 pubmed publisher..Beside the well known effect on apoptosis, we propose potential treatment of lung cancer and IGF1R expressing blast crisis. ..
- Haselboeck J, Pabinger I, Ay C, Koder S, Panzer S. Platelet activation and function during eltrombopag treatment in immune thrombocytopenia. Ann Hematol. 2012;91:109-13 pubmed publisher..The increases in P-selectin and in PMA indicate ongoing platelet activation during the early period of treatment. ..
- Gruber M, Fleiss K, Porpaczy E, Skrabs C, Hauswirth A, Gaiger A, et al. Prolonged progression-free survival in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia receiving granulocyte colony-stimulating factor during treatment with fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab. Ann Hematol. 2011;90:1131-6 pubmed publisher..77.8% at 24 months; p=0.022) was observed in patients receiving G-CSF. While the underlying cause remains to be elucidated, these data strongly suggest an association of the addition of G-CSF to FCR therapy with final patient outcome. ..
- Horn L, Virányi Z, Miklosi A, Huber L, Range F. Domestic dogs (Canis familiaris) flexibly adjust their human-directed behavior to the actions of their human partners in a problem situation. Anim Cogn. 2012;15:57-71 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, dogs are able to adjust their behavior to situation-specific characteristics of their human partner's behavior. ..
- Stoeger A, Mietchen D, Oh S, de Silva S, Herbst C, Kwon S, et al. An Asian elephant imitates human speech. Curr Biol. 2012;22:2144-8 pubmed publisher..The social circumstances under which Koshik's speech imitations developed suggest that one function of vocal learning might be to cement social bonds and, in unusual cases, social bonds across species. ..
- Fitch W, Braccini S. Primate laterality and the biology and evolution of human handedness: a review and synthesis. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2013;1288:70-85 pubmed publisher..In particular, we consider the hypothesis that preexisting hemispheric asymmetry for perception and language processing drove the evolution of human handedness. ..
- Fruehwald Pallamar J, Czerny C, Holzer Fruehwald L, Nemec S, Mueller Mang C, Weber M, et al. Texture-based and diffusion-weighted discrimination of parotid gland lesions on MR images at 3.0 Tesla. NMR Biomed. 2013;26:1372-9 pubmed publisher..Of all benign parotid masses, Warthin tumors had significantly lower ADC values than the other entities...
- Eckhart L, Lippens S, Tschachler E, Declercq W. Cell death by cornification. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:3471-3480 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Section entitled: Cell Death Pathways. ..
- Berghoff A, Rajky O, Winkler F, Bartsch R, Furtner J, Hainfellner J, et al. Invasion patterns in brain metastases of solid cancers. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:1664-72 pubmed publisher..Distinct invasion patterns of brain metastases into the brain parenchyma are not specific for primary tumor types, seem to be influenced by expression of ?v integrin complexes, and may help to guide clinical decision-making. ..
- Leontyev S, Tsagakis K, Pacini D, Di Bartolomeo R, Mohr F, Weiss G, et al. Impact of clinical factors and surgical techniques on early outcome of patients treated with frozen elephant trunk technique by using EVITA open stent-graft: results of a multicentre study. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;49:660-6 pubmed publisher..For distal aortic lesions, a two-staged approach is suggested, rather than the FET landing lower than T10. ..
- Phongthai S, D Amico S, Schoenlechner R, Homthawornchoo W, Rawdkuen S. Fractionation and antioxidant properties of rice bran protein hydrolysates stimulated by in vitro gastrointestinal digestion. Food Chem. 2018;240:156-164 pubmed publisher..831). A major peptide fragment was detected at m/z 1088 by a MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. There is high potential that antioxidative peptides from rice bran might also be produced in the gastrointestinal tract of the human body. ..
- Mullauer L, Mosberger I, Grusch M, Rudas M, Chott A. Fas ligand is expressed in normal breast epithelial cells and is frequently up-regulated in breast cancer. J Pathol. 2000;190:20-30 pubmed..These results suggest that increased expression of FasL may confer an advantage on breast cancer cells, possibly by eliminating tumour-infiltrating immune cells, and/or by facilitating tissue destruction during invasion. ..
- Domayer S, Welsch G, Dorotka R, Mamisch T, Marlovits S, Szomolanyi P, et al. MRI monitoring of cartilage repair in the knee: a review. Semin Musculoskelet Radiol. 2008;12:302-17 pubmed publisher..Morphological evaluation methods are recommended for each of the respective techniques. Finally, an overview of T2 mapping and delayed gadolinium-enhanced MR imaging of cartilage in cartilage repair is provided. ..
- Hallensleben N, Spangenberg L, Kapusta N, Forkmann T, Glaesmer H. The German version of the Interpersonal Needs Questionnaire (INQ)--Dimensionality, psychometric properties and population-based norms. J Affect Disord. 2016;195:191-8 pubmed publisher..The provided norms enable researchers to compare INQ scores of their samples with reference values of a population-based representative sample. ..
- Aigner N, Petje G, Steinboeck G, Schneider W, Krasny C, Landsiedl F. Treatment of bone-marrow oedema of the talus with the prostacyclin analogue iloprost. An MRI-controlled investigation of a new method. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2001;83:855-8 pubmed..MRI showed complete resolution of the oedema within three months. We conclude that the parenteral administration of iloprost may be used in the treatment of this syndrome...
- Hinterhuber G, Marquardt Y, Diem E, Rappersberger K, Wolff K, Foedinger D. Organotypic keratinocyte coculture using normal human serum: an immunomorphological study at light and electron microscopic levels. Exp Dermatol. 2002;11:413-20 pubmed
- Unfried G, Böcskör S, Endler G, Nagele F, Huber J, Tempfer C. A polymorphism of the interleukin-6 gene promoter and idiopathic recurrent miscarriage. Hum Reprod. 2003;18:267-70 pubmed..Although known to alter IL-6 expression, the IL-6 polymorphism investigated was not associated with IRM and alterations in IL-6 serum levels in a Middle-European Caucasian population. ..
- Plaimauer B, Fuhrmann J, Mohr G, Wernhart W, Bruno K, Ferrari S, et al. Modulation of ADAMTS13 secretion and specific activity by a combination of common amino acid polymorphisms and a missense mutation. Blood. 2006;107:118-25 pubmed..Our results might therefore be widely relevant to understanding the influence of polymorphisms on the phenotypic expression of complex diseases. ..
- Huber A, Bentz E, Schneeberger C, Huber J, Hefler L, Tempfer C. Ten polymorphisms of estrogen-metabolizing genes and a family history of colon cancer--an association study of multiple gene-gene interactions. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2005;12:e51-4 pubmed..In conclusion, we found no association between the carriage of one or multiple SNPs of the estrogen metabolism and a family history of colon cancer. ..
- Preusser M, Kitzwoegerer M, Budka H, Brugger S. Bilateral striopallidodentate calcification (Fahr's syndrome) and multiple system atrophy in a patient with longstanding hypoparathyroidism. Neuropathology. 2007;27:453-6 pubmed..Data on alpha-synuclein accumulation in various cases of Fahr's syndrome are needed to establish the correlation between alpha-synucleinopathy and bilateral striopallidodentate calcification. ..
- Cheon M, Dierssen M, Kim S, Lubec G. Protein expression of BACE1, BACE2 and APP in Down syndrome brains. Amino Acids. 2008;35:339-43 pubmed..Furthermore, current data indicate that the DS phenotype cannot be fully explained by simple gene dosage effect. ..
- Schmied W, Takken W, Killeen G, Knols B, Smallegange R. Evaluation of two counterflow traps for testing behaviour-mediating compounds for the malaria vector Anopheles gambiae s.s. under semi-field conditions in Tanzania. Malar J. 2008;7:230 pubmed publisher..However, for rapid screening of different baits in a contained semi-field system, the superior discriminatory power of the MM-X trap is advantageous. ..
- Filipits M. Clinical relevance of monoclonal antibodies in non small cell lung cancer. J BUON. 2009;14 Suppl 1:S147-52 pubmed..Because of these promising results, three randomized, open-label, international phase III trials of figitumumab in patients with locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC are in progress. ..
- Haas P, Aggermann T, Steindl K, Krugluger W, Pühringer H, Oberkanins C, et al. Genetic cardiovascular risk factors and age-related macular degeneration. Acta Ophthalmol. 2011;89:335-8 pubmed publisher..0636) - were not as far from association as the others. Our data show that the 19 tested CVD risk markers do not play a significant role in AMD. ?-Fibrinogen and apolipoprotein E4 should be examined in a larger cohort. ..
- Leitner J, Kuschei W, Grabmeier Pfistershammer K, Woitek R, Kriehuber E, Majdic O, et al. T cell stimulator cells, an efficient and versatile cellular system to assess the role of costimulatory ligands in the activation of human T cells. J Immunol Methods. 2010;362:131-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together our results demonstrate that T cell stimulator cells are excellent tools to study various aspects of costimulatory processes. ..
- Banerjee S, Stampler J, Furtmüller P, Obinger C. Conformational and thermal stability of mature dimeric human myeloperoxidase and a recombinant monomeric form from CHO cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1814:375-87 pubmed publisher..Spectroscopic and thermodynamic data of unfolding are discussed with respect to the known three-dimensional structure of leukocyte MPO as well as to known physiological roles. ..
- Lagger S, Meunier D, Mikula M, Brunmeir R, Schlederer M, Artaker M, et al. Crucial function of histone deacetylase 1 for differentiation of teratomas in mice and humans. EMBO J. 2010;29:3992-4007 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel role for HDAC1 in the control of tumour proliferation and identify HDAC1 as potential marker for benign teratomas. ..
- Amatschek S, Lucas R, Eger A, Pflueger M, Hundsberger H, Knoll C, et al. CXCL9 induces chemotaxis, chemorepulsion and endothelial barrier disruption through CXCR3-mediated activation of melanoma cells. Br J Cancer. 2011;104:469-79 pubmed publisher..Our data represent novel mechanisms by which tumour cells in melanoma metastases might use the chemokine-expressing endothelium to leave the tumour and eventually to form additional metastases at distinct sites. ..
- Anees M, Horak P, El Gazzar A, Susani M, Heinze G, Perco P, et al. Recurrence-free survival in prostate cancer is related to increased stromal TRAIL expression. Cancer. 2011;117:1172-82 pubmed publisher..Consequently, these results may be useful in devising future therapeutic strategies targeting the TRAIL pathway in prostate cancer. ..
- Moser B, Bekos C, Zimprich F, Nickl S, Klepetko W, Ankersmit J. The receptor for advanced glycation endproducts and its ligands in patients with myasthenia gravis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;420:96-101 pubmed publisher..The receptor for advanced glycation endproducts (RAGE) plays a role in the amplification of chronic inflammatory disorders and autoimmune diseases. We sought to investigate the role of RAGE and its ligands in the pathophysiology of MG...
- Schoppmann S, Langer F, Prager G, Zacherl J. Outcome and complications of long-term self-expanding esophageal stenting. Dis Esophagus. 2013;26:154-8 pubmed publisher..No stent-related death was observed. Our data provide evidence that long-period esophageal stenting is safe and effective for various indications. ..
- Kiesewetter B, Troch M, Dolak W, Müllauer L, Lukas J, Zielinski C, et al. A phase II study of lenalidomide in patients with extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of the mucosa associated lymphoid tissue (MALT lymphoma). Haematologica. 2013;98:353-6 pubmed publisher..The study protocol had been approved by the Ethical Board of the Medical University Vienna (EK-No.: 146/09), and before opening the trial, it had been registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov. (identifier: NCT00923663). ..
- Finsterer J, Frank M. Haematological features in Barth syndrome. Curr Opin Hematol. 2013;20:36-40 pubmed publisher..In single patients, application of granulocyte colony stimulating factor may resolve neutropenia in Barth syndrome. ..
- Wiedermann U, Davis A, Zielinski C. Vaccination for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer with special focus on Her-2/neu peptide vaccines. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013;138:1-12 pubmed publisher..Attention will be given to their advantages and limitations, as well as the use of certain adjuvants to improve anti-cancer responses. ..
- Finsterer J, Frank M. Repurposed drugs in metabolic disorders. Curr Top Med Chem. 2013;13:2386-94 pubmed..Future investigations will need to identify which candidate drugs may leave the pipeline status to acquire approval for new indications. ..
- Yoo B, Fountoulakis M, Cairns N, Lubec G. Changes of voltage-dependent anion-selective channel proteins VDAC1 and VDAC2 brain levels in patients with Alzheimer's disease and Down syndrome. Electrophoresis. 2001;22:172-9 pubmed..The biological meaning of our results may be derangement of voltage-dependent anion-selective channel function and reflecting impaired glucose, energy, and intermediary metabolism as well as apoptotic mechanisms. ..
- Lachner M, O Carroll D, Rea S, Mechtler K, Jenuwein T. Methylation of histone H3 lysine 9 creates a binding site for HP1 proteins. Nature. 2001;410:116-20 pubmed..Our data define a molecular mechanism through which the SUV39H-HP1 methylation system can contribute to the propagation of heterochromatic subdomains in native chromatin. ..
- Hafner M, Novacek G, Herbst F, Ullrich R, Gangl A. Giant benign cystic mesothelioma: a case report and review of literature. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2002;14:77-80 pubmed..Twenty-three months after surgical debulking, a follow-up computed tomography scan showed recurrence of the disease. In this report, we describe the characteristics, aetiology and differential diagnosis of this rare lesion...
- Vodopiutz J, Poller S, Schneider B, Lalouschek J, Menz F, Stollberger C. Chest pain in hospitalized patients: cause-specific and gender-specific differences. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2002;11:719-27 pubmed
- Wurnig P, Wittmer V, Pridun N, Hollaus P. Video-assisted thoracic surgery for pleural empyema. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;81:309-13 pubmed..After we gained considerable experience with video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) and became familiar with its advantages, we started to use it for the treatment of thoracic empyema...
- Kolarich D, Weber A, Turecek P, Schwarz H, Altmann F. Comprehensive glyco-proteomic analysis of human alpha1-antitrypsin and its charge isoforms. Proteomics. 2006;6:3369-80 pubmed..Fucosylation of diantennary structures was marginal and of the core alpha1,6 type. ..
- Moser G. Should we incorporate psychological care into the management of IBD?. Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;3:416-7 pubmed