Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on female in Vienna, Austria
Locale: Vienna, Austria
Publications135 found, 100 shown here
- Mangione F, Jatene T, Badr Eslam R, Bergmark B, Gallagher J, Shah P, et al. Usefulness of Intracoronary Brachytherapy for Patients With Resistant Drug-Eluting Stent Restenosis. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:369-373 pubmed publisher..This approach might be used as an alternative for these patients. ..
- Baron Stefaniak J, Schiefer J, Miller E, Berlakovich G, Baron D, Faybik P. Comparison of macrophage migration inhibitory factor and neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin-2 to predict acute kidney injury after liver transplantation: An observational pilot study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183162 pubmed publisher..53-0.88; P = 0.03), and urinary NGAL (AUC 0.79; CI 0.64-0.93; P = 0.02) were predictive for severe AKI, while serum NGAL was not. In the setting of OLT, MIF and NGAL had similar predictive values for the development of severe AKI. ..
- Anto J, Bousquet J, Akdis M, Auffray C, Keil T, Momas I, et al. Mechanisms of the Development of Allergy (MeDALL): Introducing novel concepts in allergy phenotypes. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;139:388-399 pubmed publisher..The results of MeDALL will help integrate personalized, predictive, preventative, and participatory approaches in allergic diseases. ..
- Ladenstein R, Potschger U, Pearson A, Brock P, Luksch R, Castel V, et al. Busulfan and melphalan versus carboplatin, etoposide, and melphalan as high-dose chemotherapy for high-risk neuroblastoma (HR-NBL1/SIOPEN): an international, randomised, multi-arm, open-label, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:500-514 pubmed publisher..European Commission 5th Framework Grant and the St Anna Kinderkrebsforschung. ..
- Blumer R, Streicher J, Davis Lopez de Carrizosa M, de la Cruz R, Pastor A. Palisade Endings of Extraocular Muscles Develop Postnatally Following Different Time Courses. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:5105-5121 pubmed publisher..To analyze in a frontal-eyed mammal (cat) the postnatal development of palisade endings in extraocular muscles (EOMs) and to compare the spatiotemporal and quantitative patterns of palisade endings among individual rectus muscles...
- Czerny M, Baumer H, Kilo J, Lassnigg A, Hamwi A, Vukovich T, et al. Inflammatory response and myocardial injury following coronary artery bypass grafting with or without cardiopulmonary bypass. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2000;17:737-42 pubmed..Our findings indicate that multiregional warm ischaemia, caused by snaring of the diseased coronary artery, causes considerably less myocardial injury than global cold ischaemia induced by cardioplegic cardiac arrest. ..
- Werkstetter K, Korponay SzabÃ³ I, Popp A, Villanacci V, Salemme M, Heilig G, et al. Accuracy in Diagnosis of Celiac Disease Without Biopsies inÂ Clinical Practice. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:924-935 pubmed publisher..HLA analysis is not required for accurate diagnosis. Clinical Trial Registration no: DRKS00003555. ..
- Windpassinger C, Piard J, Bonnard C, Alfadhel M, Lim S, Bisteau X, et al. CDK10 Mutations in Humans and Mice Cause Severe Growth Retardation, Spine Malformations, and Developmental Delays. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:391-403 pubmed publisher..Our results document the CDK10 loss-of-function phenotype and point to a function for CDK10 in transducing signals received at the primary cilia to sustain embryonic and postnatal development. ..
- Mattiassich G, Rittenschober F, Dorninger L, Rois J, Mittermayr R, Ortmaier R, et al. Long-term outcome following upper extremity replantation after major traumatic amputation. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017;18:77 pubmed publisher..In addition, all participants were very satisfied with their outcomes. Positive long-term results with high rates of subjective satisfaction are possible after replantation of upper extremities. ..
- Sayegh R, Sacu S, Dunavölgyi R, Kroh M, Roberts P, Mitsch C, et al. Geographic Atrophy and Foveal-Sparing Changes Related to Visual Acuity in Patients With Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration Over Time. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;179:118-128 pubmed publisher..In general, FS highly correlated with BCVA, while GA progression correlated with the central 3-mm FS regression, but not with BCVA. A threshold in GA and FS area could be determined for BCVA necessary for daily activity. ..
- Haslacher H, Ratzinger F, Perkmann T, Batmyagmar D, Nistler S, Scherzer T, et al. A combination of routine blood analytes predicts fitness decrement in elderly endurance athletes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177174 pubmed publisher..It hence merits further research whether these conclusions can be translated to other disciplines or age groups. ..
- Kammerlander A, Aschauer S, Zotter Tufaro C, Duca F, Knechtelsdorfer K, Wiesinger M, et al. Diameter of the Pulmonary Artery in Relation to the Ascending Aorta: Association with Cardiovascular Outcome. Radiology. 2017;284:685-693 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, the PA-to-Ao ratio should routinely be reported at cardiac MR imaging. © RSNA, 2017 Online supplemental material is available for this article. ..
- Weissenbacher Lang C, Nedorost N, Knecht C, Hennig Pauka I, Hüber M, Voglmayr T, et al. Comparison of Pneumocystis nucleic acid and antibody profiles and their associations with other respiratory pathogens in two Austrian pig herds. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185387 pubmed publisher..Younger pigs may be more susceptible as they had higher PCS burdens. It is possible that PCS may contribute to a respiratory disease in pigs and further investigation of its potential role is warranted. ..
- Emminger W, HernÃ¡ndez M, Cardona V, Smeenk F, Fogh B, Calderon M, et al. The SQ House Dust Mite SLIT-Tablet Is Well Tolerated in Patients with House Dust Mite Respiratory Allergic Disease. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2017;174:35-44 pubmed publisher..42). The SQ HDM SLIT-tablet is well tolerated, and the safety profile was comparable for subjects with HDM respiratory allergic disease irrespective of asthma status. ..
- Wagener N, Edelmann D, Benner A, Zigeuner R, Borgmann H, Wolff I, et al. Outcome of papillary versus clear cell renal cell carcinoma varies significantly in non-metastatic disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184173 pubmed publisher..Consequently, there is urgent need to respect histopathological entities and their subtypes, when assigning follow-up or targeted therapy to RCC patients...
- Haltmayer E, Schwendenwein I, Licka T. Course of serum amyloid A (SAA) plasma concentrations in horses undergoing surgery for injuries penetrating synovial structures, an observational clinical study. BMC Vet Res. 2017;13:137 pubmed publisher..However further studies will be necessary to ascertain its clinical utility. ..
- Brandao L, Monhart M, Schotzau A, Ledolter A, Palmowski Wolfe A. Wavelet decomposition analysis in the two-flash multifocal ERG in early glaucoma: a comparison to ganglion cell analysis and visual field. Doc Ophthalmol. 2017;135:29-42 pubmed publisher..mfERG using WVA analysis improves glaucoma diagnosis, especially when combined with GCIPL and MS. ..
- Zala S, Reitschmidt D, Noll A, Balazs P, Penn D. Automatic mouse ultrasound detector (A-MUD): A new tool for processing rodent vocalizations. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181200 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to systematically compare error rates for automatic ultrasonic vocalization detection methods, and A-MUD and subsequent versions will be made available for the scientific community. ..
- Kovarik J, Kernbauer E, Hölzl M, Hofer J, Gualdoni G, Schmetterer K, et al. Fasting metabolism modulates the interleukin-12/interleukin-10 cytokine axis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180900 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we showed that fasting metabolism modulates the IL-12/IL-10 cytokine balance, establishing novel targets for metabolism-based immune-modulation. ..
- Haj Najeeb B, Simader C, Deak G, Vass C, Gamper J, Montuoro A, et al. The Distribution of Leakage on Fluorescein Angiography in Diabetic Macular Edema: A New Approach to Its Etiology. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3986-3990 pubmed publisher..Moreover, fluid extravasation due to damage to the iBRB is expressed earlier in the temporal than in the other three fields. ..
- Pawluski J, Jego P, Henry S, Bruchet A, Palme R, Coste C, et al. Low plasma cortisol and fecal cortisol metabolite measures as indicators of compromised welfare in domestic horses (Equus caballus). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182257 pubmed publisher..g. single stalls versus group housing in pasture or paddocks), early life factors, and human interaction, act as mediators of cortisol levels in horses. ..
- Pavel M, Singh S, Strosberg J, Bubuteishvili Pacaud L, Degtyarev E, Neary M, et al. Health-related quality of life for everolimus versus placebo in patients with advanced, non-functional, well-differentiated gastrointestinal or lung neuroendocrine tumours (RADIANT-4): a multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phas. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1411-1422 pubmed publisher..Novartis Pharmaceuticals. ..
- Smolen J, Choe J, Prodanovic N, Niebrzydowski J, Staykov I, Dokoupilova E, et al. Comparing biosimilar SB2 with reference infliximab after 54 weeks of a double-blind trial: clinical, structural and safety results. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:1771-1779 pubmed publisher..Radiographic progression was comparable at 1 year. ClinicalTrials.gov (http://clinicaltrials.gov; NCT01936181) and EudraCT (https://www.clinicaltrialsregister.eu; 2012-005733-37). ..
- Tscharre M, Egger F, Machata M, Rohla M, Michael N, Neumayr M, et al. Contemporary use of P2Y12-inhibitors in patients with acute coronary syndrome undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention in Austria: A prospective, multi-centre registry. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179349 pubmed publisher..Parameters associated with a presumably higher risk of bleeding and side-effects against the more effective P2Y12 inhibitors were the most prominent factors for the prescription of clopidogrel. ..
- Daver N, McClain K, Allen C, Parikh S, Otrock Z, Rojas Hernandez C, et al. A consensus review on malignancy-associated hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in adults. Cancer. 2017;123:3229-3240 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:3229-40. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Schwarz C, Fitschek F, Bar Or D, Klaus D, Tudor B, Fleischmann E, et al. Inflammatory response and oxidative stress during liver resection. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185685 pubmed publisher..Postoperative complications are still a major concern after liver resection (LR). Systemic inflammation and deregulated reactive oxygen species during major abdominal surgery may impair outcome after hepatectomy...
- Nöbauer T, Skocek O, Pernía Andrade A, Weilguny L, Traub F, Molodtsov M, et al. Video rate volumetric Ca2+ imaging across cortex using seeded iterative demixing (SID) microscopy. Nat Methods. 2017;14:811-818 pubmed publisher..We expect that the simplicity and scalability of LFM, coupled with the performance of SID, will open up a range of applications including closed-loop experiments. ..
- Streit S, Verschoor M, Rodondi N, Bonfim D, Burman R, Collins C, et al. Variation in GP decisions on antihypertensive treatment in oldest-old and frail individuals across 29 countries. BMC Geriatr. 2017;17:93 pubmed publisher..Future hypertension trials should also include frail patients to acquire evidence on the efficacy of antihypertensive treatment in oldest-old patients with frailty, with the aim to get evidence-based data for clinical decision-making. ..
- Bonderman D, Pretsch I, Steringer Mascherbauer R, Jansa P, Rosenkranz S, Tufaro C, et al. Acute hemodynamic effects of riociguat in patients with pulmonary hypertension associated with diastolic heart failure (DILATE-1): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, single-dose study. Chest. 2014;146:1274-1285 pubmed publisher..In patients with HFpEF and PH, riociguat was well tolerated, had no significant effect on mPAP, and improved exploratory hemodynamic and echocardiographic parameters. ClinicalTrials.gov; No.: NCT01172756; URL: www.clinicaltrials.gov. ..
- Manent J, Banerjee S, de Matos Simoes R, Zoranovic T, Mitsiades C, Penninger J, et al. Autophagy suppresses Ras-driven epithelial tumourigenesis by limiting the accumulation of reactive oxygen species. Oncogene. 2017;36:5576-5592 pubmed publisher..Our study has implications for understanding the interplay between perturbations in Ras signalling and autophagy in tumourigenesis, which might inform the development of novel therapeutics targeting Ras-driven cancers. ..
- Kral M, Klimek C, Kutay B, Timelthaler G, Lendl T, Neuditschko B, et al. Covalent dimerization of interleukin-like epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT) inducer (ILEI) facilitates EMT, invasion, and late aspects of metastasis. FEBS J. 2017;284:3484-3505 pubmed publisher..These data show that covalent ILEI self-assembly is essential for EMT induction, elevated tumor growth, and metastasis. ..
- Wielscher M, Vierlinger K, Kegler U, Ziesche R, Gsur A, Weinhäusel A. Diagnostic Performance of Plasma DNA Methylation Profiles in Lung Cancer, Pulmonary Fibrosis and COPD. EBioMedicine. 2015;2:929-36 pubmed publisher..72-0.95). This technique was capable of distinguishing interrelated complex pulmonary diseases suggesting that multiplexed MSRE enrichment might be useful for simple and reliable diagnosis of diverse multifactorial disease states. ..
- Sykora S, Jindra C, Hofer M, Steinborn R, Brandt S. Equine papillomavirus type 2: An equine equivalent to human papillomavirus 16?. Vet J. 2017;225:3-8 pubmed publisher..The majority of samples contained more E6 than E2 DNA, with E6:E2 ratios ranging between 0.88 and 4.12. Although not statistically significant (P>0.05), this finding suggests that EcPV2 can integrate into the equine host cell genome. ..
- Stadelmann C, Deckwerth T, Srinivasan A, Bancher C, Bruck W, Jellinger K, et al. Activation of caspase-3 in single neurons and autophagic granules of granulovacuolar degeneration in Alzheimer's disease. Evidence for apoptotic cell death. Am J Pathol. 1999;155:1459-66 pubmed
- Camps Bossacoma M, Perez Cano F, Franch A, Untersmayr E, Castell M. Effect of a cocoa diet on the small intestine and gut-associated lymphoid tissue composition in an oral sensitization model in rats. J Nutr Biochem. 2017;42:182-193 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that changes in PPL and IEL composition and in the gene expression induced by the cocoa diet could be involved, among other mechanisms, on its tolerogenic effect. ..
- Karakochuk C, Barker M, Whitfield K, Barr S, Vercauteren S, Devlin A, et al. The effect of oral iron with or without multiple micronutrients on hemoglobin concentration and hemoglobin response among nonpregnant Cambodian women of reproductive age: a 2 x 2 factorial, double-blind, randomized controlled supplementation trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:233-244 pubmed publisher..Overall, ?24% of women who received iron responded after 12 wk; even fewer would be likely to respond in the wider population. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT02481375. ..
- Wolthers B, Frandsen T, Baruchel A, Attarbaschi A, Barzilai S, Colombini A, et al. Asparaginase-associated pancreatitis in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: an observational Ponte di Legno Toxicity Working Group study. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1238-1248 pubmed publisher..A study of the genetic risk factors identifying patients in whom asparaginase exposure should be restricted is needed. The Danish Childhood Cancer Foundation and The Danish Cancer Society (R150-A10181). ..
- Haymerle G, Janik S, Fochtmann A, Pammer J, Schachner H, Nemec L, et al. Expression of Merkelcell polyomavirus (MCPyV) large T-antigen in Merkel cell carcinoma lymph node metastases predicts poor outcome. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180426 pubmed publisher..002). To our knowledge this is the first study to describe a negative prognostic effect of the MCPyV expression in lymph node metastasis in MCC patients. ..
- Schiller Fruehwirth I, Jahn B, Einzinger P, Zauner G, Urach C, Siebert U. The Long-Term Effectiveness and Cost Effectiveness of Organized versus Opportunistic Screening for Breast Cancer in Austria. Value Health. 2017;20:1048-1057 pubmed publisher..The attendance rate, but not the test accuracy of mammography, was an influential factor for the cost-effectiveness. The decision to adopt organized screening is likely an efficient use of limited health care resources in Austria. ..
- Jellinger K, Paulus W, Grundke Iqbal I, Riederer P, Youdim M. Brain iron and ferritin in Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases. J Neural Transm Park Dis Dement Sect. 1990;2:327-40 pubmed
- Woitek R, Spick C, Schernthaner M, Rudas M, Kapetas P, Bernathova M, et al. A simple classification system (the Tree flowchart) for breast MRI can reduce the number of unnecessary biopsies in MRI-only lesions. Eur Radiol. 2017;27:3799-3809 pubmed publisher..The Tree flowchart predicts 30.6% of malignancies with >98% specificity. â€¢ The Tree's high specificity aids in decision-making after benign biopsy results. ..
- Echternach M, Burk F, Köberlein M, Selamtzis A, Dollinger M, Burdumy M, et al. Laryngeal evidence for the first and second passaggio in professionally trained sopranos. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175865 pubmed publisher..The respective transitions are hypothesized to be caused by either (a) a change of laryngeal biomechanical properties; or by (b) vocal tract resonance effects, constituting level 2 source-filter interactions. ..
- Häfner J, Ginner L, Karst S, Leitgeb R, Unterluggauer M, Sacu S, et al. Regional Patterns of Retinal Oxygen Saturation and Microvascular Hemodynamic Parameters Preceding Retinopathy in Patients With Type II Diabetes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:5541-5547 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to investigate if retinal oxygen saturation (SO2) and microvascular hemodynamic parameters follow a distinct regional pattern in patients with diabetes but no DR...
- Herter Aeberli I, Eliancy K, Rathon Y, Loechl C, Marhône Pierre J, Zimmermann M. In Haitian women and preschool children, iron absorption from wheat flour-based meals fortified with sodium iron EDTA is higher than that from meals fortified with ferrous fumarate, and is not affected by Helicobacter pylori infection in children. Br J Nutr. 2017;118:273-279 pubmed publisher..In the context of Haiti, where the high costs of NaFeEDTA may not be affordable, the use of FeFum at 60 mg Fe/kg flour may be a preferable, cost-effective fortification strategy. ..
- Zatorska B, Groger M, Moser D, Diab Elschahawi M, Lusignani L, Presterl E. Does Extracellular DNA Production Vary in Staphylococcal Biofilms Isolated From Infected Implants versus Controls?. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017;475:2105-2113 pubmed publisher..eDNA should be considered as a potential future diagnostic tool or even a possible target to modify biofilms for successful treatment of biofilm-associated infections. ..
- Holzer I, Farr A, Kiss H, Hagmann M, Petricevic L. The colonization with Candida species is more harmful in the second trimester of pregnancy. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2017;295:891-895 pubmed publisher..Screening programs for asymptomatic Candida colonization should take this information into account. ..
- Gracia Marco L, Bel Serrat S, Cuenca Garcia M, Gonzalez Gross M, Pedrero Chamizo R, Manios Y, et al. Amino acids intake and physical fitness among adolescents. Amino Acids. 2017;49:1041-1052 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we failed to detect any associations between any of the evaluated AAs and physical fitness after taking into account the effect of multiple testing. ..
- D ANDREA D, Moschini M, Soria F, Gust K, Briganti A, Karakiewicz P, et al. ABO Blood Group and Rhesus Factor Are Not Associated with Outcomes After Radical Cystectomy for Non-metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma of the Bladder. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5747-5753 pubmed..To investigate the role of ABO blood group and Rhesus factor as a predictor of outcome in patients undergoing radical cystectomy (RC) for non-metastatic urothelial carcinoma of the bladder...
- Falkensammer J, Taher F, Uhlmann M, Hirsch K, Strassegger J, Assadian A. Rescue of failed endovascular aortic aneurysm repair using the fenestrated Anaconda device. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:1334-1339 pubmed publisher..As a consequence, fenestrations may not line up perfectly at the respective openings of the visceral or renal arteries, and folding of the fabric may be increased, making cannulation of the fenestrations more difficult. ..
- Brunner M, Jagannathan V, Waluk D, Roosje P, Linek M, Panakova L, et al. Novel insights into the pathways regulating the canine hair cycle and their deregulation in alopecia X. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186469 pubmed publisher..These findings are in agreement with the so far proposed but not yet proven deregulation of the sex hormone metabolism in this disease...
- Nguyen C, Huttary N, Atanasov A, Chatuphonprasert W, Brenner S, Fristiohady A, et al. Fenofibrate inhibits tumour intravasation by several independent mechanisms in a 3-dimensional co-culture model. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:1879-1888 pubmed publisher..A combination with other FDA-approved drugs further improved this effect. Our new concept may lead to a novel therapy for cancer patients. ..
- Usuda H, Watanabe S, Miura Y, Saito M, Musk G, Rittenschober Böhm J, et al. Successful maintenance of key physiological parameters in preterm lambs treated with ex vivo uterine environment therapy for a period of 1 week. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:457.e1-457.e13 pubmed publisher..Although substantial further refinement is required, a life support platform based around ex vivo uterine environment therapy may provide an avenue to improve outcomes for extremely preterm infants. ..
- Serruys P, Katagiri Y, Sotomi Y, Zeng Y, Chevalier B, van der Schaaf R, et al. Arterial Remodeling After Bioresorbable Scaffolds and Metallic Stents. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:60-74 pubmed publisher..ABSORB II Randomized Controlled Trial; NCT01425281). ..
- Lytvynchuk L, Glittenberg C, Ansari Shahrezaei S, Binder S. Intraoperative optical coherence tomography assisted analysis of pars Plana vitrectomy for retinal detachment in morning glory syndrome: a case report. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:134 pubmed publisher..Early PPV for central non-RRD and retinal schisis with the use of iOCT can be performed in more safe and controlled manner and has to be considered to reduce the risk of retinal break formation and to prevent the central vision loss. ..
- Krasemann S, Madore C, Cialic R, Baufeld C, Calcagno N, El Fatimy R, et al. The TREM2-APOE Pathway Drives the Transcriptional Phenotype of Dysfunctional Microglia in Neurodegenerative Diseases. Immunity. 2017;47:566-581.e9 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies the TREM2-APOE pathway as a major regulator of microglial functional phenotype in neurodegenerative diseases and serves as a novel target that could aid in the restoration of homeostatic microglia. ..
- Gabriel M, Kruger R, Shams Mafi F, Hermann B, Zabihian B, Schmetterer L, et al. Mapping Retinal and Choroidal Thickness in Unilateral Nongranulomatous Acute Anterior Uveitis Using Three-Dimensional 1060-nm Optical Coherence Tomography. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4778-4783 pubmed publisher..To analyze retinal thickness (RT) and choroidal thickness (ChT) changes in patients with unilateral nongranulomatous acute anterior uveitis (AAU) using three-dimensional (3D) 1060-nm optical coherence tomography (OCT)...
- Siutz C, Nemeth M, Wagner K, Quint R, Ruf T, Millesi E. Effects of food store quality on hibernation performance in common hamsters. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185913 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results showed that common hamsters adjusted torpor expression and food intake in relation to the total energy of food reserves, underlining the importance of food hoard quality on hibernation performance. ..
- Sinko K, Gruber M, Jagsch R, Roesner I, Baumann A, Wutzl A, et al. Assessment of nasalance and nasality in patients with a repaired cleft palate. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;274:2845-2854 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to determine the applicability of instrumental nasalance measures in the clinical routine, using discriminative items only. ..
- Flyamer I, Gassler J, Imakaev M, Brandão H, Ulianov S, Abdennur N, et al. Single-nucleus Hi-C reveals unique chromatin reorganization at oocyte-to-zygote transition. Nature. 2017;544:110-114 pubmed publisher..An understanding of this zygotic chromatin 'ground state' could potentially provide insights into reprogramming cells to a state of totipotency. ..
- Ascierto P, Del Vecchio M, Robert C, Mackiewicz A, Chiarion Sileni V, Arance A, et al. Ipilimumab 10 mg/kg versus ipilimumab 3 mg/kg in patients with unresectable or metastatic melanoma: a randomised, double-blind, multicentre, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:611-622 pubmed publisher..Although the treatment landscape for advanced melanoma has changed since this study was initiated, the clinical use of ipilimumab in refractory patients with unmet medical needs could warrant further assessment. Bristol-Myers Squibb. ..
- Blume C, Lechinger J, Santhi N, Del Giudice R, Gnjezda M, Pichler G, et al. Significance of circadian rhythms in severely brain-injured patients: A clue to consciousness?. Neurology. 2017;88:1933-1941 pubmed publisher..Our findings also make a case for circadian rhythms as a target for treatment as well as the application of diagnostic and therapeutic means at times when cognitive performance is expected to peak. ..
- Unger C, Kramer N, Unterleuthner D, Scherzer M, Burian A, Rudisch A, et al. Stromal-derived IGF2 promotes colon cancer progression via paracrine and autocrine mechanisms. Oncogene. 2017;36:5341-5355 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we demonstrate that stroma-induced IGF2 promotes colon cancer progression in a paracrine and autocrine manner and propose IGF2 as potential target for tumor stroma cotargeting strategies. ..
- Borena W, Hofer T, Stiasny K, Aberle S, Gaber M, Von Laer D, et al. No molecular or serological evidence of Zikavirus infection among healthy blood donors living in or travelling to regions where Aedes albopictus circulates. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178175 pubmed publisher..Further, Euroimmun anti-Zika ELISA proved to be a highly suitable and reliable test system in populations with high prevalence of TBEV infection and/or immunization. ..
- Vitecek S, Kucinić M, Previsić A, Živić I, Stojanović K, Keresztes L, et al. Integrative taxonomy by molecular species delimitation: multi-locus data corroborate a new species of Balkan Drusinae micro-endemics. BMC Evol Biol. 2017;17:129 pubmed publisher..Finally we argue that enhancing collaborative integrative taxonomy will accelerate assessment of global diversity and completion of reference libraries for applied fields, e.g., conservation and biomonitoring. ..
- Huang A, Yu D, Davis L, Sul J, Tsetsos F, Ramensky V, et al. Rare Copy Number Variants in NRXN1 and CNTN6 Increase Risk for Tourette Syndrome. Neuron. 2017;94:1101-1111.e7 pubmed publisher..3, 95% CI [2.6-156.2]; CNTN6 duplications, OR = 10.1, 95% CI [2.3-45.4]). Approximately 1% of TS cases carry one of these CNVs, indicating that rare structural variation contributes significantly to the genetic architecture of TS. ..
- Tentzeris I, Farhan S, Freynhofer M, Rohla M, Jarai R, Vogel B, et al. Usefulness of Elevated Levels of Growth Differentiation Factor-15 to Classify Patients With Acute Coronary Syndrome Having Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Who Would Benefit from High-Dose Statin Therapy. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:747-752 pubmed publisher..320; 95% CI 0.029 to 3.534; p?=?0.353). In conclusion, increased GDF-15 plasma concentrations at the time of PCI and stent implantation might classify high-risk patients with ACS who benefit from high-dose, highly efficient statins. ..
- Smirnov I, Thurner S. Formation of homophily in academic performance: Students change their friends rather than performance. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183473 pubmed publisher..The lack of a social pull effect in classical educational settings could have important implications for the understanding of the observed persistence of segregation, inequality and social immobility in societies...
- Yamaji K, Ueki Y, Souteyrand G, Daemen J, Wiebe J, Nef H, et al. Mechanisms of Very Late Bioresorbable Scaffold Thrombosis: The INVEST Registry. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:2330-2344 pubmed publisher..Very late scaffold thrombosis (VLScT) occurs more frequently after bioresorbable scaffold (Absorb BVS 1.1, Abbott Vascular, Santa Clara, California) implantation than with metallic everolimus-eluting stents...
- Popescu B, Frischer J, Webb S, Tham M, Adiele R, Robinson C, et al. Pathogenic implications of distinct patterns of iron and zinc in chronic MS lesions. Acta Neuropathol. 2017;134:45-64 pubmed publisher..Upon degeneration of iron-loaded microglia/macrophages, astrocytes may form an additional protective barrier that may prevent iron-induced oxidative damage. ..
- Bellone R, Liu J, Petersen J, Mack M, Singer Berk M, Drogemuller C, et al. A missense mutation in damage-specific DNA binding protein 2 is a genetic risk factor for limbal squamous cell carcinoma in horses. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:342-353 pubmed publisher..Cross-species comparison remains to be further evaluated. ..
- Weiss L, Melchardt T, Egle A, Hopfinger G, Hackl H, Greil R, et al. Influence of body mass index on survival in indolent and mantle cell lymphomas: analysis of the StiL NHL1 trial. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1155-1162 pubmed publisher..025). BMI significantly impacts on OS in indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma, which may be influenced by the effect of B-symptoms on BMI. ..
- Raphaelis S, Mayer H, Ott S, Mueller M, Steiner E, Joura E, et al. The impact of written information and counseling (WOMAN-PRO II Program) on symptom outcomes in women with vulvar neoplasia: A multicenter randomized controlled phase II study. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:114-122 pubmed publisher..The observed group differences between the 2 interventions slightly favor counseling over written information. The results justify testing the benefit of counseling thoroughly in a comparative phase III trial. ..
- Quendler E, Trieb K, Nimmerichter A. Validation of automated detection of physical and mental stress during work in a Hühnermobil 225. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2017;24:329-331 pubmed publisher..In particular, the algorithm for calculating the data to quantify the mental and physical stress without movement needs to be improved significantly through further development. ..
- Telerman S, Rognoni E, Sequeira I, Pisco A, Lichtenberger B, Culley O, et al. Dermal Blimp1 Acts Downstream of Epidermal TGFβ and Wnt/β-Catenin to Regulate Hair Follicle Formation and Growth. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:2270-2281 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study reveals the functional role of Blimp1 in promoting the dermal papilla inductive signaling cascade that initiates HF growth. ..
- Best M, Sol N, In t Veld S, Vancura A, Muller M, Niemeijer A, et al. Swarm Intelligence-Enhanced Detection of Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer Using Tumor-Educated Platelets. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:238-252.e9 pubmed publisher..PSO enabled selection of gene panels to diagnose cancer from TEPs, suggesting that swarm intelligence may also benefit the optimization of diagnostics readout of other liquid biopsy biosources. ..
- Scully M, Knobl P, Kentouche K, Rice L, Windyga J, Schneppenheim R, et al. Recombinant ADAMTS-13: first-in-human pharmacokinetics and safety in congenital thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Blood. 2017;130:2055-2063 pubmed publisher..This study was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT02216084...
- Danner U, Avian A, Macheiner T, Salchinger B, Dalkner N, Fellendorf F, et al. "ABC"-The Awareness-Body-Chart: A new tool assessing body awareness. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186597 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to investigate the psychometric characteristics of the ABC...