Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna transposable elements in Vienna, Austria
Locale: Vienna, Austria
Topic: dna transposable elements
- Schmitz Esser S, Penz T, Spang A, Horn M. A bacterial genome in transition--an exceptional enrichment of IS elements but lack of evidence for recent transposition in the symbiont Amoebophilus asiaticus. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:270 pubmed publisher..The 1.88 Mbp genome of the obligate intracellular amoeba symbiont Amoebophilus asiaticus contains an unusually large number of transposase genes (n = 354; 23% of all genes)...
- Olivieri D, Senti K, Subramanian S, Sachidanandam R, Brennecke J. The cochaperone shutdown defines a group of biogenesis factors essential for all piRNA populations in Drosophila. Mol Cell. 2012;47:954-69 pubmed publisher..Together with data on how PIWI proteins are wired into primary and secondary processing, we propose a unified model for piRNA biogenesis. ..
- Sienski G, Donertas D, Brennecke J. Transcriptional silencing of transposons by Piwi and maelstrom and its impact on chromatin state and gene expression. Cell. 2012;151:964-80 pubmed publisher..Our work illustrates the widespread influence of transposons and the piRNA pathway on chromatin patterns and gene expression...
- Katter K, Geurts A, Hoffmann O, Mátés L, Landa V, Hiripi L, et al. Transposon-mediated transgenesis, transgenic rescue, and tissue-specific gene expression in rodents and rabbits. FASEB J. 2013;27:930-41 pubmed publisher..A side-by-side comparison of the SB100X- and piggyBac-based protocols revealed that the two systems are complementary, offering new opportunities in genome manipulation. ..
- Vogt A, Goldman A, Mochizuki K, Landweber L. Transposon domestication versus mutualism in ciliate genome rearrangements. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003659 pubmed publisher..This review contrasts the events underlying somatic genome reduction in three different ciliates and considers their evolutionary origins and the relationships among their distinct mechanisms for genome remodeling. ..
- Müller A, Rychli K, Muhterem Uyar M, Zaiser A, Stessl B, Guinane C, et al. Tn6188 - a novel transposon in Listeria monocytogenes responsible for tolerance to benzalkonium chloride. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76835 pubmed publisher..monocytogenes strains and growth analysis revealed that ?qacH strains had lower BC MICs than wildtype strains. In conclusion, our results provide evidence that Tn6188 is responsible for BC tolerance in various L. monocytogenes strains. ..