Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on coculture techniques in Vienna, Austria
Locale: Vienna, Austria
Topic: coculture techniques
- McBride J, Jung T, de Vries J, Aversa G. IL-10 alters DC function via modulation of cell surface molecules resulting in impaired T-cell responses. Cell Immunol. 2002;215:162-72 pubmed..Transwell and DC-derived plasma membrane experiments indicated that the capacity of IL-10-treated DC to induce T-cell unresponsiveness results from alterations in the cell surface molecules rather than modulation of cytokine secretion. ..
- Mullauer L, Mosberger I, Grusch M, Rudas M, Chott A. Fas ligand is expressed in normal breast epithelial cells and is frequently up-regulated in breast cancer. J Pathol. 2000;190:20-30 pubmed..These results suggest that increased expression of FasL may confer an advantage on breast cancer cells, possibly by eliminating tumour-infiltrating immune cells, and/or by facilitating tissue destruction during invasion. ..
- Kerjaschki D, Bago Horvath Z, Rudas M, Sexl V, Schneckenleithner C, Wolbank S, et al. Lipoxygenase mediates invasion of intrametastatic lymphatic vessels and propagates lymph node metastasis of human mammary carcinoma xenografts in mouse. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2000-12 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that lipoxygenase serves as a mediator of tumor cell invasion into lymphatic vessels and formation of lymph node metastasis in ductal mammary carcinomas. ..
- Sallmann E, Reininger B, Brandt S, Duschek N, Hoflehner E, Garner Spitzer E, et al. High-affinity IgE receptors on dendritic cells exacerbate Th2-dependent inflammation. J Immunol. 2011;187:164-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, Fc?RI on DCs drives the cascade of pathogenic reactions linking the initial allergen capture by IgE with subsequent Th2-dominated T cell responses and the development of late-phase allergic tissue inflammation. ..
- Ganas P, Liebhart D, Glösmann M, Hess C, Hess M. Escherichia coli strongly supports the growth of Histomonas meleagridis, in a monoxenic culture, without influence on its pathogenicity. Int J Parasitol. 2012;42:893-901 pubmed publisher..Consequently, attenuation depends not on the bacteria in the culture but on the in vitro passages. Finally, the experiments provided evidence that the infection of turkeys with H. meleagridis enabled infection of the liver with E. coli...
- Sharma R, Fischer M, Bauer J, Felts P, Smith K, Misu T, et al. Inflammation induced by innate immunity in the central nervous system leads to primary astrocyte dysfunction followed by demyelination. Acta Neuropathol. 2010;120:223-36 pubmed publisher..Similar structural abnormalities were also seen in a subset of active lesions in multiple sclerosis. Our studies suggest that astrocyte injury may be an important early step in the cascade of lesion formation in brain inflammation. ..
- Höflinger S, Kesavan K, Fuxa M, Hutter C, Heavey B, Radtke F, et al. Analysis of Notch1 function by in vitro T cell differentiation of Pax5 mutant lymphoid progenitors. J Immunol. 2004;173:3935-44 pubmed..These data suggest that Notch1 acts upstream of GATA3 and Tcf1 in early T cell development and regulates Vbeta-DJbeta rearrangements by controlling the chromatin accessibility of Vbeta genes at the TCRbeta locus. ..