Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on antineoplastic agents in Salzburg, Austria
Locale: Salzburg, Austria
Topic: antineoplastic agents
- Krammer B, Verwanger T. Molecular response to hypericin-induced photodamage. Curr Med Chem. 2012;19:793-8 pubmed..The different modes of cellular responses depend mainly on the PDT-protocol, photosensitizer localisation, cellular damage protection and the available intracellular energy. ..
- Merkel O, Hamacher F, Laimer D, Sifft E, Trajanoski Z, Scheideler M, et al. Identification of differential and functionally active miRNAs in both anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK)+ and ALK- anaplastic large-cell lymphoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16228-33 pubmed publisher..In addition to future therapeutical and diagnostic applications, it will be of interest to study the physiological implications and prognostic value of the identified miRNA profiles. ..
- Neureiter D, Zopf S, Leu T, Dietze O, Hauser Kronberger C, Hahn E, et al. Apoptosis, proliferation and differentiation patterns are influenced by Zebularine and SAHA in pancreatic cancer models. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2007;42:103-16 pubmed..These compounds may therefore be suitable as adjunctive therapeutic agents in the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Gruber W, Hutzinger M, Elmer D, Parigger T, Sternberg C, Cegielkowski L, et al. DYRK1B as therapeutic target in Hedgehog/GLI-dependent cancer cells with Smoothened inhibitor resistance. Oncotarget. 2016;7:7134-48 pubmed publisher..The results support the use of DYRK1B antagonists for the treatment of HH/GLI-associated cancers where SMO inhibitors fail to demonstrate therapeutic efficacy. ..
- Jawhar M, Schwaab J, Naumann N, Horny H, Sotlar K, Haferlach T, et al. Response and progression on midostaurin in advanced systemic mastocytosis: KIT D816V and other molecular markers. Blood. 2017;130:137-145 pubmed publisher..In midostaurin-treated advSM patients, the complexity and dynamics of mutational profiles significantly affect response, progression, and prognosis. ..
- Eisterer W, Piringer G, de Vries A, Ofner D, Greil R, Tschmelitsch J, et al. Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy with Capecitabine, Oxaliplatin and Bevacizumab Followed by Concomitant Chemoradiation and Surgical Resection in Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer with High Risk of Recurrence - A Phase II Study. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2683-2691 pubmed
- Magnes T, Melchardt T, Weiss L, Mittermair C, Neureiter D, Klieser E, et al. Prognostic score in patients with recurrent or metastatic carcinoma of the head and neck treated with cetuximab and chemotherapy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180995 pubmed publisher..By combining these factors to create a score for OS, it is possible to distinguish a group of patients with significantly improved survival and define those most likely to have no benefit from cetuximab treatment. ..
- Somasundaram R, Zhang G, Fukunaga Kalabis M, Perego M, Krepler C, Xu X, et al. Tumor-associated B-cells induce tumor heterogeneity and therapy resistance. Nat Commun. 2017;8:607 pubmed publisher..Resistance to BRAFV600E inhibitors often occurs in melanoma patients. Here, the authors describe a potential mechanism of acquired drug resistance mediated by tumor-associated B cells-derived IGF-1. ..