Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Vienna, Austria
Locale: Vienna, Austria
Publications799 found, 100 shown here
- Peterlongo P, Chang Claude J, Moysich K, Rudolph A, Schmutzler R, Simard J, et al. Candidate genetic modifiers for breast and ovarian cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2015;24:308-16 pubmed publisher..Genome-wide association studies have been more successful at identifying genetic modifiers of BRCA1/2 penetrance than candidate gene studies. ..
- Klein M, Krieger O, Ruckser R, Rosen A, Waldner R, Preis P, et al. Treatment of lymphangioleiomyomatosis by ovariectomy, interferon alpha 2b and tamoxifen--a case report. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 1992;252:99-102 pubmed..We describe a case where the antiproliferative effect of systemically applied interferon alpha 2b was successfully employed in addition to ovariectomy and the patient reached complete remission...
- Mayerhoefer M, Schima W, Trattnig S, Pinker K, Berger Kulemann V, Ba Ssalamah A. Texture-based classification of focal liver lesions on MRI at 3.0 Tesla: a feasibility study in cysts and hemangiomas. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2010;32:352-9 pubmed publisher..To determine the feasibility of texture analysis for the classification of liver cysts and hemangiomas, on nonenhanced, zero-fill interpolated T1- and T2-weighted MR images...
- Miehsler W, Reinisch W, Kazemi Shirazi L, Dejaco C, Novacek G, Ferenci P, et al. Infliximab: lack of efficacy on perforating complications in Crohn's disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2004;10:36-40 pubmed..We conclude that in these 4 cases, infliximab was well tolerated but not effective for the management of internal fistulas and was no alternative for surgery. ..
- Hafner E, Metzenbauer M, Hofinger D, Stonek F, Schuchter K, Waldhor T, et al. Comparison between three-dimensional placental volume at 12 weeks and uterine artery impedance/notching at 22 weeks in screening for pregnancy-induced hypertension, pre-eclampsia and fetal growth restriction in a low-risk population. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2006;27:652-7 pubmed..While both methods are insufficient for screening in a low-risk population, the PQ method has the potential advantage of being performed in the first trimester. ..
- Lackner J, Koller A, Mazal P, Waldert M, Waldhoer T, Marberger M, et al. The changing distribution of pT stage in testicular germ cell tumours from 1976 to 2005: a single-centre analysis of histopathological reports. BJU Int. 2006;98:747-50 pubmed
- Vychytil A, Remón C, Michel C, Williams P, Rodriguez Carmona A, Marrón B, et al. Icodextrin does not impact infectious and culture-negative peritonitis rates in peritoneal dialysis patients: a 2-year multicentre, comparative, prospective cohort study. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008;23:3711-9 pubmed publisher..There was no significant influence of the icodextrin raw material supplier on peritonitis rates. ..
- Soleiman A, Lukschal A, Hacker S, Aumayr K, Hoetzenecker K, Lichtenauer M, et al. Myocardial lipofuscin-laden lysosomes contain the apoptosis marker caspase-cleaved cytokeratin-18. Eur J Clin Invest. 2008;38:708-12 pubmed publisher..This ccCK-18 pool might contribute to increased systemic levels of ccCK-18 in acute coronary syndrome thus monitoring myocardial damage. ..
- Saletu A, Parapatics S, Anderer P, Matejka M, Saletu B. Controlled clinical, polysomnographic and psychometric studies on differences between sleep bruxers and controls and acute effects of clonazepam as compared with placebo. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2010;260:163-74 pubmed publisher..Sleep efficiency, maintenance, latency, awakenings and nocturnal wake time, the stage shift index, S1, PLM, the arousal index, subjective sleep and awakening quality, and fine motor activity improved. ..
- Voracek M, Pum U, Dressler S. Investigating digit ratio (2D:4D) in a highly male-dominated occupation: the case of firefighters. Scand J Psychol. 2010;51:146-56 pubmed publisher..The merits of this additional marker, relative to 2D:4D, for supplementing studies of possible sex-hormonal effects on personality and directions for future inquiry along these lines are discussed. ..
- Cejka D, Herberth J, Branscum A, Fardo D, Monier Faugere M, Diarra D, et al. Sclerostin and Dickkopf-1 in renal osteodystrophy. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;6:877-82 pubmed publisher..Our data describe a promising role for serum measurements of sclerostin in addition to iPTH in the diagnosis of high bone turnover in CKD-5D patients, whereas measurements of Dkk-1 do not seem to be useful for this purpose. ..
- Kautzky Willer A, Brazzale A, Moro E, Vrbikova J, Bendlova B, Sbrignadello S, et al. Influence of increasing BMI on insulin sensitivity and secretion in normotolerant men and women of a wide age span. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2012;20:1966-73 pubmed publisher..0001). Because IS and BF are higher in females than in males, sex should be considered in metabolic studies and overweight/obese populations. ..
- Aldrian S, Erhart J, Schuster R, Wernhart S, Domaszewski F, Ostermann R, et al. Surgical vs nonoperative treatment of Hadley type IIA odontoid fractures. Neurosurgery. 2012;70:676-82; discussion 682-3 pubmed publisher..These fractures have a significantly increased risk for secondary loss of reduction and bony nonunion, particularly after nonoperative management. Early surgery should be considered to avoid further complications. ..
- Aigner C, Slama A, Hötzenecker K, Scheed A, Urbanek B, Schmid W, et al. Clinical ex vivo lung perfusion--pushing the limits. Am J Transplant. 2012;12:1839-47 pubmed publisher..During the observation period, 119 patients received standard lung transplantation with comparable perioperative outcome. EVLP has a significant potential to improve the quality of otherwise unacceptable donor lungs. ..
- Ferlitsch M, Reiberger T, Hoke M, Salzl P, Schwengerer B, Ulbrich G, et al. von Willebrand factor as new noninvasive predictor of portal hypertension, decompensation and mortality in patients with liver cirrhosis. Hepatology. 2012;56:1439-47 pubmed publisher..vWF-Ag may become a valuable marker for the prediction of mortality in patients with liver cirrhosis in clinical practice. ..
- Wenter V, MÃ¼ller J, Albert N, Lehner S, Fendler W, Bartenstein P, et al. The diagnostic value of [(18)F]FDG PET for the detection of chronic osteomyelitis and implant-associated infection. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2016;43:749-61 pubmed publisher..18)F]FDG PET is able to identify with high sensitivity the presence of osteomyelitis in orthopaedic surgery patients with nonspecific clinical symptoms of infection. ..
- Emminger W, HernÃ¡ndez M, Cardona V, Smeenk F, Fogh B, Calderon M, et al. The SQ House Dust Mite SLIT-Tablet Is Well Tolerated in Patients with House Dust Mite Respiratory Allergic Disease. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2017;174:35-44 pubmed publisher..42). The SQ HDM SLIT-tablet is well tolerated, and the safety profile was comparable for subjects with HDM respiratory allergic disease irrespective of asthma status. ..
- Endler G, Mannhalter C, Sunder Plassmann H, Lalouschek W, Kapiotis S, Exner M, et al. Homozygosity for the C-->T polymorphism at nucleotide 46 in the 5' untranslated region of the factor XII gene protects from development of acute coronary syndrome. Br J Haematol. 2001;115:1007-9 pubmed..The 2.5-fold lower prevalence of the FXII:46T genotype in patients with ACS could indicate a protective effect on the development of ACS (odds ratio = 0.4, 95% CI 0.1-0.9) in patients with pre-existing CAD. ..
- Welsch G, Trattnig S, Hughes T, Quirbach S, Olk A, Blanke M, et al. T2 and T2* mapping in patients after matrix-associated autologous chondrocyte transplantation: initial results on clinical use with 3.0-Tesla MRI. Eur Radiol. 2010;20:1515-23 pubmed publisher..276 and 0.433. T2 and T2* relaxation time measurements in the evaluation of cartilage repair tissue and its zonal variation show promising results, although the properties visualised by T2 and T2* may differ. ..
- Weseslindtner L, Macheleidt I, Eischeid H, Strassl R, Hofer H, Popow Kraupp T, et al. Micro RNAs mir-106a, mir-122 and mir-197 are increased in severe acute viral hepatitis with coagulopathy. Liver Int. 2016;36:353-60 pubmed publisher..01, Mann-Whitney U-test). mir-106a, mir-122 and mir-197 could be potential markers for severe acute viral hepatitis associated with coagulopathy. ..
- Parzefall W, Erber E, Sedivy R, Schulte Hermann R. Testing for induction of DNA synthesis in human hepatocyte primary cultures by rat liver tumor promoters. Cancer Res. 1991;51:1143-7 pubmed..These results show that human hepatocytes cultured in vitro are sensitive to stimulation of DNA synthesis by EGF; they differ from rat hepatocytes in their response to some drugs which show liver growth-promoting activity in rodents. ..
- Hinterberger Fischer M, Ogris E, Kier P, Bauer K, Kittl E, Habertheuer K, et al. Elevation of plasma prolactin in patients undergoing autologous blood stem-cell transplantation for breast cancer: is its modulation a step toward posttransplant immunotherapy?. Am J Clin Oncol. 2000;23:325-9 pubmed..Elevated plasma prolactin had no adverse effect on disease-free survival after transplant. We propose to investigate further the upregulation of prolactin after transplant aiming to induce a posttransplant consolidative immune reaction. ..
- Fritsch R, Eselböck D, Skriner K, Jahn Schmid B, Scheinecker C, Bohle B, et al. Characterization of autoreactive T cells to the autoantigens heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2 (RA33) and filaggrin in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. J Immunol. 2002;169:1068-76 pubmed..Taken together, the presence of autoreactive Th1-like cells in RA patients in conjunction with synovial overexpression of A2/RA33 may indicate potential involvement of this autoantigen in the pathogenesis of RA. ..
- Meghdadi S, Rodrigues M, Oguogho A, Santler R, Sinzinger H. 8-Epi-PGF2alpha and 6-oxo-PGF1alpha in human (varicose) veins: influence of age, sex, and risk factors. Angiology. 2003;54:317-24 pubmed..Lower 8-epi-PGF2alpha in varicose veins may shift the venous tone toward vasodilatation and contribute to development and progression of varicosis. ..
- Poeschl P, Eckel D, Poeschl E. Postoperative prophylactic antibiotic treatment in third molar surgery--a necessity?. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004;62:3-8; discussion 9 pubmed
- Felfernig M, Huepfl M. Experience of recombinant activated factor VII (NovoSeven) in the operating theatre and intensive care unit for the management of intracranial bleeding in nonhaemophilic patients. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2008;110:227-32 pubmed..This observational study suggests that rFVIIa is of value for the management of ICH in nonhaemophilic patients secondary to a range of aetiologies. These findings justify further investigation. ..
- Cejka D, Benesch T, Krestan C, Roschger P, Klaushofer K, Pietschmann P, et al. Effect of teriparatide on early bone loss after kidney transplantation. Am J Transplant. 2008;8:1864-70 pubmed publisher..We conclude that teriparatide does not improve BMD early after kidney transplantation. Neither histological analysis nor bone markers provide evidence of improved bone turnover or mineralization. ..
- Kress H, Orońska A, Kaczmarek Z, Kaasa S, Colberg T, Nolte T. Efficacy and tolerability of intranasal fentanyl spray 50 to 200 microg for breakthrough pain in patients with cancer: a phase III, multinational, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover trial with a 10-month, open-label extension tre. Clin Ther. 2009;31:1177-91 pubmed publisher..All doses were generally well tolerated and clinically efficacious. ..
- Gerschpacher M, Göbl C, Anderwald C, Gessl A, Krebs M. Thyrotropin serum concentrations in patients with papillary thyroid microcancers. Thyroid. 2010;20:389-92 pubmed publisher..066). TSH is not elevated in subjects with PTMCs, indicating that it is not likely involved in the de novo oncogenesis of these small cancers. However, TSH might rather play a role in the progression of preexisting PTMCs. ..
- Roethlisberger M, Womastek I, Posch M, Husslein P, Pateisky N, Lehner R. Early postpartum hysterectomy: incidence and risk factors. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2010;89:1040-4 pubmed publisher..Abnormal placentation, increased blood loss, low gestational age and maternal age are risk factors for early postpartum hysterectomy. ..
- Demyanets S, Kaun C, Rychli K, Pfaffenberger S, Kastl S, Hohensinner P, et al. Oncostatin M-enhanced vascular endothelial growth factor expression in human vascular smooth muscle cells involves PI3K-, p38 MAPK-, Erk1/2- and STAT1/STAT3-dependent pathways and is attenuated by interferon-?. Basic Res Cardiol. 2011;106:217-31 pubmed publisher..IFN-? reduced OSM-induced VEGF production by vascular SMC. ..
- Pfeiler G, Königsberg R, Fesl C, Mlineritsch B, Stoeger H, Singer C, et al. Impact of body mass index on the efficacy of endocrine therapy in premenopausal patients with breast cancer: an analysis of the prospective ABCSG-12 trial. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:2653-9 pubmed publisher..BMI significantly impacts on the efficacy of anastrozole plus goserelin in premenopausal patients with breast cancer, probably through influencing aromatase availability and/or ovarian suppression by goserelin. ..
- Lagler H, Wenisch J, Tobudic S, Gualdoni G, Rödler S, Rasoul Rockenschaub S, et al. Pandemic influenza A H1N1 vaccine in recipients of solid organ transplants: immunogenicity and tolerability outcomes after vero cell derived, non-adjuvanted, whole-virion vaccination. Vaccine. 2011;29:6888-93 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the novel vero cell derived and adjuvant-free pandemic A/California/07/2009 (H1N1) influenza vaccine induced limited but measurable immune responses in adult recipients of solid organ transplants. ..
- Schmidl D, Boltz A, Kaya S, Werkmeister R, Dragostinoff N, Lasta M, et al. Comparison of choroidal and optic nerve head blood flow regulation during changes in ocular perfusion pressure. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:4337-46 pubmed publisher..In some subjects performing squatting, considerable ONHBF reductions were observed during OPP fluctuations, although OPP still was high. Whether this predisposes to ocular disease remains unclear. ..
- Twaroch T, Focke M, Fleischmann K, Balic N, Lupinek C, Blatt K, et al. Carrier-bound Alt a 1 peptides without allergenic activity for vaccination against Alternaria alternata allergy. Clin Exp Allergy. 2012;42:966-75 pubmed publisher..The mould Alternaria alternata is a major elicitor of allergic asthma. Diagnosis and specific immunotherapy (SIT) of Alternaria allergy are often limited by the insufficient quality of natural mould extracts...
- Fischer Kern M, Fonagy P, Kapusta N, Luyten P, Boss S, Naderer A, et al. Mentalizing in female inpatients with major depressive disorder. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2013;201:202-7 pubmed publisher..The investigation of mentalization may be of particular importance for the development of targeted psychotherapeutic interventions for depression. ..
- Seleznik G, Seeger H, Bauer J, Fu K, Czerkowicz J, Papandile A, et al. The lymphotoxin Î² receptor is a potential therapeutic target in renal inflammation. Kidney Int. 2016;89:113-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, a preclinical mouse model and human studies strongly suggest that LTÎ²R signaling is involved in renal injury and may be a suitable therapeutic target in renal diseases. ..
- Sezer O, Beksac M, Hajek R, Sucak G, Cagirgan S, Linkesch W, et al. Effects of single-agent bortezomib as post-transplant consolidation therapy on multiple myeloma-related bone disease: a randomized phase II study. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:61-71 pubmed publisher..4%), nausea (18% vs. 0) and vomiting (16% vs. 0). Compared with observation, bortezomib appeared to have little impact on bone metabolism/health, but was associated with trends for improved myeloma response and survival. ..
- Bhattacharya J, Kanjilal P, Muralidhar V. Analysis and characterization of photo-plethysmographic signal. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2001;48:5-11 pubmed..The stable subjects are shown to behave as a low-dimensional system whereas the diseased subjects exhibit comparatively high dimensional activity. ..
- Lalouschek W, Lang W, Mullner M. Current strategies of secondary prevention after a cerebrovascular event: the Vienna stroke registry. Stroke. 2001;32:2860-6 pubmed..More clearly defined guidelines for indications for, as well as contraindications against, a specific therapy are necessary. ..
- Gabriel H, Heger M, Innerhofer P, Zehetgruber M, Mundigler G, Wimmer M, et al. Long-term outcome of patients with ventricular septal defect considered not to require surgical closure during childhood. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002;39:1066-71 pubmed..Surgical closure does not appear to be required during childhood as long as left-to-right shunt is <50% and signs of LV volume overload are absent, when PAP is not elevated, and no VSD-related AR or symptoms are present. ..
- Leipold H, Knoefler M, Gruber C, Huber A, Haslinger P, Worda C. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1alpha gene variations are not associated with gestational diabetes mellitus. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2006;13:104-7 pubmed..Based on our data, the Gly482Ser and the Thr394Thr polymorphisms of the PGC-1 gene are not associated with the development of GDM. ..
- Dawid M, Veensalu M, Grassberger M, Wolff K. Efficacy and safety of pimecrolimus cream 1% in adult patients with vitiligo: results of a randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled study. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2006;4:942-6 pubmed..In this group of adult patients with symmetrical vitiligo, treatment of body lesions (except face) with pimecrolimus cream 1% could not be shown to be effective. ..
- Gustorff B, Dorner T, Likar R, Grisold W, Lawrence K, Schwarz F, et al. Prevalence of self-reported neuropathic pain and impact on quality of life: a prospective representative survey. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2008;52:132-6 pubmed..Data on the incidence of neuropathic pain (NeP) in Austria, its general characteristics and consequences for the quality of life (QOL) are still lacking. The prevalence in the United Kingdom is 8%...
- Meyer A, Elmadfa I, Herbacek I, Micksche M. Probiotic, as well as conventional yogurt, can enhance the stimulated production of proinflammatory cytokines. J Hum Nutr Diet. 2007;20:590-8 pubmed..Therefore, in this study, the effect of a daily intake of probiotic yogurt on cytokine production in young healthy women was compared with that of a conventional product...
- Gruenberger B, Scheithauer W, Punzengruber R, Zielinski C, Tamandl D, Gruenberger T. Importance of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in potentially curable colorectal cancer liver metastases. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:120 pubmed publisher..Response to chemotherapy can lead to long-term recurrence-free survival. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy may identify best candidates for a potentially curative treatment approach. ..
- Hanusch Enserer U, Zorn G, Wojta J, Kopp C, Prager R, Koenig W, et al. Non-conventional markers of atherosclerosis before and after gastric banding surgery. Eur Heart J. 2009;30:1516-24 pubmed publisher..However, concentrations of most of the non-traditional risk factors for plaque instability, i.e. MMP-9, sCD40L, and Lp-PLA(2) remained unchanged. ..
- Hutter H, Wallner P, Moshammer H, Hartl W, Sattelberger R, Lorbeer G, et al. Synthetic musks in blood of healthy young adults: relationship to cosmetics use. Sci Total Environ. 2009;407:4821-5 pubmed publisher..There seems to be no dominant source of nitro musk uptake although relationship to body surface area indicates cosmetic products applied to the skin as the likely origin of plasma concentrations. ..
- Spona J, Binder N, Höschen K, Feichtinger W. Suppression of ovarian function by a combined oral contraceptive containing 0.02 mg ethinyl estradiol and 2 mg chlormadinone acetate given in a 24/4-day intake regimen over three cycles. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:1195-201 pubmed publisher..02 mg ethinyl E(2)-2 mg chlormadinone acetate administration in a 24/4-day regimen, resulting in inhibition of ovulation and unfavorable conditions for fertilization, implantation, and thus pregnancy. ..
- Kress H, Boss H, Delvin T, Lahu G, Lophaven S, Marx M, et al. Transdermal fentanyl matrix patches Matrifen and Durogesic DTrans are bioequivalent. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2010;75:225-31 pubmed publisher..Compared with Durogesic DTrans, the Matrifen patch had lower initial and lower residual fentanyl content, as well as lower intra- and inter-subject variability, allowing reproducible drug delivery and reliable analgesia. ..
- Hüpfl M, Selig H, Nagele P. Chest-compression-only versus standard cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a meta-analysis. Lancet. 2010;376:1552-7 pubmed publisher..For adults with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest, instructions to bystanders from emergency medical services dispatch should focus on chest-compression-only CPR. US National Institutes of Health and American Heart Association. ..
- Baumbach S, Schmidt R, Varga P, Heinz T, Vecsei V, Zysset P. Where is the distal fracture line location of dorsally displaced distal radius fractures?. J Orthop Res. 2011;29:489-94 pubmed publisher..The dorsal DFL was significantly distal to the palmar one (p ?< 0.001), but the two did not correlate (r² = 0.018, p = 0.095). DFL location was independent of age, energy of the fall, and fracture complexity. ..
- Unger A, Jagsch R, Jones H, Arria A, Leitich H, Rohrmeister K, et al. Randomized controlled trials in pregnancy: scientific and ethical aspects. Exposure to different opioid medications during pregnancy in an intra-individual comparison. Addiction. 2011;106:1355-62 pubmed publisher..Under special consideration of ethical boundaries, psychopharmacological treatment during pregnancy must be addressed as an integral part of clinical research projects in order to optimize treatment for women and neonates. ..
- Lechner K, Obermeier H. Cancer-related microangiopathic hemolytic anemia: clinical and laboratory features in 168 reported cases. Medicine (Baltimore). 2012;91:195-205 pubmed publisher..Compared to the prognosis of patients with metastatic cancer without CR-MAHA, the prognosis of CR-MAHA patients was greatly inferior. There is evidence that some cases of CR-MAHA in lymphoma are immune mediated. ..
- Deák G, Bolz M, Prager S, Ritter M, Kriechbaum K, Scholda C, et al. Photoreceptor layer regeneration is detectable in the human retina imaged by SD-OCT after laser treatment using subthreshold laser power. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:7019-25 pubmed publisher..They induced less collateral damage to the neuroretina, and permit a level of reorganization in the outer retina. (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00682240.). ..
- Flamm C, Graef A, Pirker S, Baumgartner C, Deistler M. Influence analysis for high-dimensional time series with an application to epileptic seizure onset zone detection. J Neurosci Methods. 2013;214:80-90 pubmed publisher..We present the theoretical background, successfully assess our methodology with the help of simulated data and show a potential application in EEG analysis of epileptic seizures. ..
- Heintel D, Rocci A, Ludwig H, Bolomsky A, Caltagirone S, Schreder M, et al. High expression of cereblon (CRBN) is associated with improved clinical response in patients with multiple myeloma treated with lenalidomide and dexamethasone. Br J Haematol. 2013;161:695-700 pubmed publisher..CRBN expression is closely associated with IRF4, which is an important target of IMiD therapy. ..
- Forstner C, Rohde G, Rupp J, Schuette H, Ott S, Hagel S, et al. Community-acquired Haemophilus influenzae pneumonia--New insights from the CAPNETZ study. J Infect. 2016;72:554-63 pubmed publisher..Severity of illness and chronic liver disease were associated with a lower rate of "early clinical response". ..
- Wolff K, Komar M, Petzelbauer P. Clinical and histopathological aspects of cutaneous mastocytosis. Leuk Res. 2001;25:519-28 pubmed..Leukemia Research 2001;25:603-625.) and thus have a good prognosis. CM of infancy and childhood frequently involutes spontaneously, CM of adults does not. The prevalence of the disease is unknown and familiar occurrence is very rare...
- Majdak P, Goupell M, Laback B. Two-dimensional localization of virtual sound sources in cochlear-implant listeners. Ear Hear. 2011;32:198-208 pubmed publisher..To test localization of sound sources in horizontal and vertical dimensions in cochlear-implant (CI) listeners using clinical bilateral CI systems...
- Pfeilstöcker M, Grill R, Koller E, Krieger O, Pittermann E, Karlic H. FMS hemizygosity in myeloid dysplasia and acute myeloid leukemia with chromosomal aberration del(5)(q) demonstrated by polymerase chain reaction. J Mol Med (Berl). 1995;73:403-7 pubmed..PCR-based analysis can be used for primary diagnosis in addition to cytogenetic evaluation and for follow-up in patients with del(5)(q) aberration. ..
- Sim E, Vaccaro A, Berzlanovich A, Pienaar S. The effects of staged static cervical flexion-distraction deformities on the patency of the vertebral arterial vasculature. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2000;25:2180-6 pubmed..The precise contribution of static cervical malalignment related to advanced staged flexion distraction injuries on irreversible vertebral vessel flow disruption is presently uncertain. ..
- Binder M, Mahler V, Hayek B, Sperr W, Scholler M, Prozell S, et al. Molecular and immunological characterization of arginine kinase from the Indianmeal moth, Plodia interpunctella, a novel cross-reactive invertebrate pan-allergen. J Immunol. 2001;167:5470-7 pubmed..Recombinant arginine kinase may be used to identify a group of polysensitized indoor allergic patients and for immunotherapy of these individuals. ..
- Krebs M, Krssak M, Bernroider E, Anderwald C, Brehm A, Meyerspeer M, et al. Mechanism of amino acid-induced skeletal muscle insulin resistance in humans. Diabetes. 2002;51:599-605 pubmed..05). In conclusion, plasma amino acid elevation induces skeletal muscle insulin resistance in humans by inhibition of glucose transport/phosphorylation, resulting in marked reduction of glycogen synthesis. ..
- Wohrer S, Chott A, Drach J, Puspok A, Hejna M, Hoffmann M, et al. Chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, etoposide, vincristine and prednisone (CHOEP) is not effective in patients with enteropathy-type intestinal T-cell lymphoma. Ann Oncol. 2004;15:1680-3 pubmed..In spite of this, therapeutic results were disappointing and do not appear to be superior to conventional CHOP chemotherapy. We conclude that CHOEP cannot be recommended for routine use in patients with ETCL. ..
- Aigner N, Petje G, Schneider W, Meizer R, Wlk M, Kotsaris S, et al. Bone marrow edema syndrome of the femoral head: treatment with the prostacyclin analogue iloprost vs. core decompression: an MRI-controlled study. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2005;117:130-5 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to assess the efficacy of the vasoactive drug iloprost in Bone Marrow Edema Syndrome (BMES) and to compare it to the results of a control group treated by core decompression...
- Stogmann E, Lichtner P, Baumgartner C, Bonelli S, Assem Hilger E, Leutmezer F, et al. Idiopathic generalized epilepsy phenotypes associated with different EFHC1 mutations. Neurology. 2006;67:2029-31 pubmed..The mutation I174V was also detected in 1 of 372 screened patients with temporal lobe epilepsy. We conclude that mutations in the EFHC1 gene may underlie different types of epilepsy syndromes. ..
- Kazemi Shirazi L, Endler G, Winkler S, Schickbauer T, Wagner O, Marsik C. Gamma glutamyltransferase and long-term survival: is it just the liver?. Clin Chem. 2007;53:940-6 pubmed..5-3.3 vs HR 1-1.3 >80 years, respectively). GGT is associated with mortality in both men and women, especially in patients younger than 30 years, and even high-normal GGT is a risk factor for all-cause mortality. ..
- Karwautz A, Campos de Sousa S, Wöber C, Wagner G, Li T, Konrad A, et al. Family-based analysis of serotonin transporter gene polymorphisms in migraine with and without aura. Cephalalgia. 2007;27:773-80 pubmed..120 times. The markers were not associated with MoA and MA and none of the haplotypes was associated with overall migraine, MoA or MA. The 5-HTTLPR and the intron 2 VNTRs do not play a major role in susceptibility to migraine. ..
- Gnant M, Mlineritsch B, Luschin Ebengreuth G, Kainberger F, Kässmann H, Piswanger Sölkner J, et al. Adjuvant endocrine therapy plus zoledronic acid in premenopausal women with early-stage breast cancer: 5-year follow-up of the ABCSG-12 bone-mineral density substudy. Lancet Oncol. 2008;9:840-9 pubmed publisher..The aim of this substudy is to gain insight into bone health in this setting...
- Widhalm G, Wolfsberger S, Preusser M, Fischer I, Woehrer A, Wunderer J, et al. Residual nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas: prognostic value of MIB-1 labeling index for tumor progression. J Neurosurg. 2009;111:563-71 pubmed publisher..The MIB-1 LI may be helpful in decisions of postoperative disease management (for example, frequency of radiographic intervals, planning for reoperation, radiotherapy, and/or radiosurgery). ..
- Constantin C, Touraev A, Heberle Bors E, Quirce S, Huber W, Valenta R. Detection of antigens reactive to IgE and IgA during wheat seed maturation and in different wheat cultivars. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2009;149:181-7 pubmed publisher..Dietary intake of wheat causes hypersensitivity reactions in patients suffering from IgE-mediated food allergy and coeliac disease...
- Stiasny K, Holzmann H, Heinz F. Characteristics of antibody responses in tick-borne encephalitis vaccination breakthroughs. Vaccine. 2009;27:7021-6 pubmed publisher..The antibody profile of these patients therefore had the characteristics of an anamnestic immune response. In the VBTs analyzed, immunological priming and memory were apparently not sufficient or fast enough to prevent the disease. ..
- Schoppmann S, Tamandl D, Roberts L, Jomrich G, Schoppmann A, Zwrtek R, et al. HER2/neu expression correlates with vascular endothelial growth factor-C and lymphangiogenesis in lymph node-positive breast cancer. Ann Oncol. 2010;21:955-60 pubmed publisher..Inhibiting HER2/neu may reduce tumor progression by blocking VEGF-C-mediated tumor cell proliferation and lymphogenic metastasis. ..
- Welsch G, Mamisch T, Zak L, Blanke M, Olk A, Marlovits S, et al. Evaluation of cartilage repair tissue after matrix-associated autologous chondrocyte transplantation using a hyaluronic-based or a collagen-based scaffold with morphological MOCART scoring and biochemical T2 mapping: preliminary results. Am J Sports Med. 2010;38:934-42 pubmed publisher..In the follow-up of cartilage repair procedures using matrix-associated autologous chondrocyte transplantation, differences due to scaffolds have to be taken into account. ..
- Popescu B, Frischer J, Webb S, Tham M, Adiele R, Robinson C, et al. Pathogenic implications of distinct patterns of iron and zinc in chronic MS lesions. Acta Neuropathol. 2017;134:45-64 pubmed publisher..Upon degeneration of iron-loaded microglia/macrophages, astrocytes may form an additional protective barrier that may prevent iron-induced oxidative damage. ..
- Gschwantler M, Kriwanek S, Langner E, Göritzer B, Schrutka Kölbl C, Brownstone E, et al. High-grade dysplasia and invasive carcinoma in colorectal adenomas: a multivariate analysis of the impact of adenoma and patient characteristics. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2002;14:183-8 pubmed..5 cm contain high-grade dysplasia, the clinical conclusion from our study is that all adenomas, including those with diameter < 0.5 cm, should be removed whenever possible. ..
- Auerbach L, Hafner T, Huber J, Panzer S. Influence of low-dose oral contraception on peripheral blood lymphocyte subsets at particular phases of the hormonal cycle. Fertil Steril. 2002;78:83-9 pubmed..To investigate the effects of low-dose oral hormonal contraception on the immune system during certain phases of the hormonal cycle...
- Preusser M, Wolfsberger S, Czech T, Slavc I, Budka H, Hainfellner J. Survivin expression in intracranial ependymomas and its correlation with tumor cell proliferation and patient outcome. Am J Clin Pathol. 2005;124:543-9 pubmed..High survivin expression is associated with poor patient outcome. However, the Ki-67 index is a more accurate prognostic marker than the survivin or TIIalpha index. ..
- Palkovits J, Novacek G, Kollars M, Hron G, Osterode W, Quehenberger P, et al. Tissue factor exposing microparticles in inflammatory bowel disease. J Crohns Colitis. 2013;7:222-9 pubmed publisher..However, the lack of association with activation of the coagulation system and disease activity questions their pathogenetic role for venous thromboembolism in this patient group. ..
- Rauscher Gabernig E, Mischek D, Moche W, Prean M. Dietary intake of dioxins, furans and dioxin-like PCBs in Austria. Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess. 2013;30:1770-9 pubmed publisher..Comparison of the estimated dietary intakes with the toxicological reference values shows that both children and adults are well below those values. ..
- Hobusch G, Bodner F, Walzer S, Marculescu R, Funovics P, Sulzbacher I, et al. C-reactive protein as a prognostic factor in patients with chordoma of lumbar spine and sacrum--a single center pilot study. World J Surg Oncol. 2016;14:111 pubmed publisher..A validation of our finding with larger cohorts and integration of putative risk factor would further elucidate CRP a surrogate for tumor progression. ..
- Schnider P, Moraru E, Kittler H, Binder M, Kranz G, Voller B, et al. Treatment of focal hyperhidrosis with botulinum toxin type A: long-term follow-up in 61 patients. Br J Dermatol. 2001;145:289-93 pubmed..Repeated intradermal injections of BTX-A in patients with axillary and palmar hyperhidrosis are as effective as first treatments. ..
- Fuhrmann V, Madl C, Mueller C, Holzinger U, Kitzberger R, Funk G, et al. Hepatopulmonary syndrome in patients with hypoxic hepatitis. Gastroenterology. 2006;131:69-75 pubmed..It is reversible after normalization of the hepatic dysfunction. Clinicians should consider intrapulmonary vasodilatation and HPS in patients with hypoxic hepatitis. ..
- Wolf H, Wieland T, Pajenda G, Vecsei V, Mousavi M. Minimally invasive ilioinguinal approach to the acetabulum. Injury. 2007;38:1170-6 pubmed..The technique was applied in 23 clinical cases and compared with the classic ilioinguinal approach in 9 similar cases over the same period. ..