Experts and Doctors on neoplasms in Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Locale: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Singh F, Newton R, Galvão D, Spry N, Baker M. A systematic review of pre-surgical exercise intervention studies with cancer patients. Surg Oncol. 2013;22:92-104 pubmed publisher..Surgical oncologists may consider pre-surgical exercise interventions as a potential adjuvant therapy to improve patients' outcomes. ..
- Breen L, O Connor M. Rural health professionals' perspectives on providing grief and loss support in cancer care. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl). 2013;22:765-72 pubmed publisher..The findings have implications in enhancing the loss and grief support services available in rural, regional, and remote Western Australia, including those grieving the death of a loved one through cancer. ..
- Finlay J, Wyatt K, Black M. Evaluation of the risks of chemotherapy in dogs with thrombocytopenia. Vet Comp Oncol. 2017;15:151-162 pubmed publisher..028). The results presented here showed no evidence for an increased risk of gastrointestinal adverse effects or haemorrhage in thrombocytopenic dogs after receiving standard doses of chemotherapy. ..
- Anderson D, Seib C, Tjondronegoro D, Turner J, Monterosso L, McGuire A, et al. The Women's wellness after cancer program: a multisite, single-blinded, randomised controlled trial protocol. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:98 pubmed publisher..The protocol for this study was registered with the Australian and New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry, Trial ID: ACTRN12614000800628 , July 28, 2014. ..
- Haycock P, Burgess S, Nounu A, Zheng J, Okoli G, Bowden J, et al. Association Between Telomere Length and Risk of Cancer and Non-Neoplastic Diseases: A Mendelian Randomization Study. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:636-651 pubmed publisher..28-0.61]) and interstitial lung disease (OR, 0.09 [95% CI, 0.05-0.15]). It is likely that longer telomeres increase risk for several cancers but reduce risk for some non-neoplastic diseases, including cardiovascular diseases. ..