Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Locale: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Publications562 found, 100 shown here
- Hodgetts S, Simmons P, Plant G. Human mesenchymal precursor cells (Stro-1?) from spinal cord injury patients improve functional recovery and tissue sparing in an acute spinal cord injury rat model. Cell Transplant. 2013;22:393-412 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a new candidate for consideration as a stem cell therapy for the repair of traumatic CNS injury. ..
- Sage E, Kolluri K, McNulty K, Lourenco S, Kalber T, Ordidge K, et al. Systemic but not topical TRAIL-expressing mesenchymal stem cells reduce tumour growth in malignant mesothelioma. Thorax. 2014;69:638-47 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that intravenous delivery of MSCTRAIL results in a reduction in malignant pleural mesothelioma tumour growth in vivo via an increase in tumour cell apoptosis. ..
- Cavalheri V, Jenkins S, Cecins N, Phillips M, Sanders L, Hill K. Patterns of sedentary behaviour and physical activity in people following curative intent treatment for non-small cell lung cancer. Chron Respir Dis. 2016;13:82-5 pubmed publisher..009). Time spent in moderate-to-vigorous intensity PA was similar in both groups (p = 0.92). People following curative intent treatment for NSCLC spend more time in prolonged bouts of SB at the expense of LIPA. ..
- Sampson D, Gong P, An D, Menghini M, Hansen A, Mackey D, et al. Axial Length Variation Impacts on Superficial Retinal Vessel Density and Foveal Avascular Zone Area Measurements Using Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3065-3072 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the impact of image magnification correction on superficial retinal vessel density (SRVD) and foveal avascular zone area (FAZA) measurements using optical coherence tomography angiography (OCTA)...
- Boser S, Mauad T, Araújo Paulino B, Mitchell I, Shrestha G, Chiu A, et al. Myofibroblasts are increased in the lung parenchyma in asthma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182378 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in asthma there is a marked increase in ?-SMA+ myofibroblasts in the lung parenchyma. The physiologic consequences of this increase are unknown. ..
- Henderson S, Hoffman N, Prince R. A double-blind placebo-controlled study of the effects of the bisphosphonate risedronate on bone mass in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006;101:119-23 pubmed..These data suggest that risedronate is a safe and effective therapy to improve bone mass in these patients. ..
- Ball J, Barrett G. Prospective randomized controlled trial of the effect of intracameral vancomycin and gentamicin on macular retinal thickness and visual function following cataract surgery. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2006;32:789-94 pubmed..Overall, 31% of eyes showed an increase of 15 microm or greater in central retinal thickness. These patients had significantly reduced contrast sensitivity. ..
- Rogal S, Snider P. Rethinking the lecture: the application of problem based learning methods to atypical contexts. Nurse Educ Pract. 2008;8:213-9 pubmed..Nurse educators facing similar groups will find they can modify problem based learning to suit their teaching context. ..
- Sun Z, Allen Y, Nadkarni S, Knight R, Hartley D, Lawrence Brown M. CT virtual intravascular endoscopy in the visualization of fenestrated stent-grafts. J Endovasc Ther. 2008;15:42-51 pubmed publisher..VIE could be a valuable technique to identify any suspected abnormalities associated with fenestrated endovascular grafts by demonstrating the final intraluminal configuration of the stents in the fenestrated vessels. ..
- Schleihauf E, Watkins R, Plant A. Heterogeneity in the spatial distribution of bacterial sexually transmitted infections. Sex Transm Infect. 2009;85:45-9 pubmed publisher..The evidence presented in this report indicates a need to implement geography-specific and phase-appropriate STI prevention and control strategies. ..
- Stewart C, Leung Y, Mathew R, McCartney A. Extrauterine adenomyoma with atypical (symplastic) smooth muscle cells: a report of 2 cases. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2009;28:23-8 pubmed publisher..In this report 2 cases of extrauterine adenomyoma are presented in which the smooth muscle component showed focal atypical (symplastic) cytologic appearances...
- Hood S, O Neil G, Hulse G. The role of flumazenil in the treatment of benzodiazepine dependence: physiological and psychological profiles. J Psychopharmacol. 2009;23:401-9 pubmed publisher..Low-dose flumazenil infusion appears to be a safe and effective treatment resulting in withdrawal symptoms of lesser severity than any other cessation method currently available. Recommendations for future research are discussed. ..
- Shirangi A, Fritschi L, Holman C. Associations of unscavenged anesthetic gases and long working hours with preterm delivery in female veterinarians. Obstet Gynecol. 2009;113:1008-17 pubmed publisher..40-9.72) compared with those working fewer than 45 hours per week. Long working hours and performing surgery in the absence of a scavenger system for anesthetic gases are important risk factors for preterm birth in female veterinarians. ..
- Beales D, O Sullivan P, Briffa N. Motor control patterns during an active straight leg raise in chronic pelvic girdle pain subjects. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009;34:861-70 pubmed publisher..This MC pattern, identified during an ASLR on the affected side of the body, has the potential to be a primary mechanism driving ongoing pain and disability in chronic PGP subjects. ..
- Roponen M, Yerkovich S, Hollams E, Sly P, Holt P, Upham J. Toll-like receptor 7 function is reduced in adolescents with asthma. Eur Respir J. 2010;35:64-71 pubmed publisher..IL-10 mRNA and IL-6 protein synthesis were similar in asthmatic and control subjects. In conclusion, TLR7 function is reduced in adolescents with asthma and this may contribute to susceptibility to respiratory viral infections. ..
- Jenkins S, Cecins N. Six-minute walk test: observed adverse events and oxygen desaturation in a large cohort of patients with chronic lung disease. Intern Med J. 2011;41:416-22 pubmed publisher..We propose that the American Thoracic Society 6MWT guidelines are revised to recommend continuous monitoring of SpO(2) during the 6MWT in patients with ILD and COPD. ..
- Robinson M, Oddy W, McLean N, Jacoby P, Pennell C, de Klerk N, et al. Low-moderate prenatal alcohol exposure and risk to child behavioural development: a prospective cohort study. BJOG. 2010;117:1139-50 pubmed publisher..Our findings do not implicate light-moderate consumption of alcohol in pregnancy as a risk factor in the epidemiology of child behavioural problems. ..
- Yeap B, Chubb S, McCaul K, Ho K, Hankey G, Norman P, et al. Associations of IGF1 and IGFBPs 1 and 3 with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in older men: the Health In Men Study. Eur J Endocrinol. 2011;164:715-23 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to clarify the underlying mechanisms by which IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 levels are associated with mortality risk, and whether this occurs independently of IGF1. ..
- Britton C, Walsh J. Paget disease of bone - an update. Aust Fam Physician. 2012;41:100-3 pubmed..The treatment of choice is a single infusion of zoledronic acid; courses of oral alendronate (3-6 months) or risedronate (2 months) are also effective. ..
- Stamp N, Larbalestier R. Surgical resection of a giant cardiac fibroma. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2016;24:378-81 pubmed publisher..The patient proceeded to have surgical resection of the mass. Left ventricular function was preserved postoperatively. ..
- Lancee J, Yasiney S, Brendel R, Boffo M, Clarke P, Salemink E. Attentional bias modification training for insomnia: A double-blind placebo controlled randomized trial. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174531 pubmed publisher..Either way, this study gives no support for attentional bias modification training as a stand-alone intervention for ameliorating insomnia complaints. ..
- Yu P, McAllister I, Morgan W, Cringle S, Yu D. Inter-Relationship of Arterial Supply to Human Retina, Choroid, and Optic Nerve Head Using Micro Perfusion and Labeling. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3565-3574 pubmed publisher..This has important implications in understanding clinical observations and disease mechanisms such as that of glaucoma and ischemic optic nerve disease. ..
- Martin A, Nolan D, James I, Cameron P, Keller J, Moore C, et al. Predisposition to nevirapine hypersensitivity associated with HLA-DRB1*0101 and abrogated by low CD4 T-cell counts. AIDS. 2005;19:97-9 pubmed..These data suggest that HLA-DRB1*0101 and the CD4 status may determine susceptibility to nevirapine hypersensitivity, consistent with a CD4 T-cell-dependent immune response to nevirapine-specific antigens. ..
- Paech M, Magann E, Doherty D, Verity L, Newnham J. Does magnesium sulfate reduce the short- and long-term requirements for pain relief after caesarean delivery? A double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006;194:1596-602; discussion 1602-3 pubmed..711); and wound pain with movement (P = .429) or pressure (P = .144) after 6 weeks were similar. Magnesium sulfate does not reduce the severity of short-term or long-term (6 weeks) pain after cesarean delivery. ..
- Mendelson R, Fermoyle S. Primary gastrointestinal lymphomas: a radiological-pathological review. Part 2: Small intestine. Australas Radiol. 2006;50:102-13 pubmed..This review illustrates the widespread appearances seen on imaging methods (primarily CT and barium studies) with pathological correlation...
- Khan R, Fick D, Alakeson R, Haebich S, de Cruz M, Nivbrant B, et al. A constrained acetabular component for recurrent dislocation. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006;88:870-6 pubmed
- Chan D, Watts G, Nguyen M, Barrett P. Factorial study of the effect of n-3 fatty acid supplementation and atorvastatin on the kinetics of HDL apolipoproteins A-I and A-II in men with abdominal obesity. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006;84:37-43 pubmed..Addition of atorvastatin to treatment with fish oils had no additional effect on HDL kinetics compared with fish oils alone. ..
- Hoffmann K, Firth M, Beesley A, de Klerk N, Kees U. Translating microarray data for diagnostic testing in childhood leukaemia. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:229 pubmed
- Brocx K, Drummond P. Reproducibility of cutaneous microvascular function assessment using laser Doppler flowmetry and acetylcholine iontophoresis. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2009;22:313-21 pubmed publisher..This will allow future research to assess microvascular function before and after a laboratory manipulation in a single session. ..
- Yeap B, Chubb S, Ho K, Setoh J, McCaul K, Norman P, et al. IGF1 and its binding proteins 3 and 1 are differentially associated with metabolic syndrome in older men. Eur J Endocrinol. 2010;162:249-57 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal follow-up of this cohort would be needed to determine whether these distributions of IGF1, IGFBP3 and IGFBP1 predict incidence of cardiovascular events during male ageing. ..
- Pingault N, Bowman J, Lehmann D, Riley T. Antimicrobial susceptibility of Moraxella catarrhalis isolated from children in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia. Pathology. 2010;42:273-9 pubmed publisher..Current therapeutic guidelines, which recommend amoxicillin for treatment of otitis media, may need to be revised. ..
- Donnelly C, Elliott B, Doyle T, Finch C, Dempsey A, Lloyd D. Changes in knee joint biomechanics following balance and technique training and a season of Australian football. Br J Sports Med. 2012;46:917-22 pubmed..Additionally, the authors determined if an athlete's knee joint kinematics and kinetics change over a season of AF...
- Pereira G, Haggar F, Shand A, Bower C, Cook A, Nassar N. Association between pre-eclampsia and locally derived traffic-related air pollution: a retrospective cohort study. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2013;67:147-52 pubmed publisher..Effect sizes were highest for elevated exposures in third trimester and among younger and older women, aboriginal women and women with diabetes. ..
- Mercer L, Becerra R. A unique emotional processing profile of euthymic bipolar disorder? A critical review. J Affect Disord. 2013;146:295-309 pubmed publisher..This information could enrich clinicians' therapeutic efforts to minimise relapse by attending to euthymic bipolar patients' specific emotional processing difficulties. ..
- Foster J, Albrecht M, Savage G, Lautenschlager N, Ellis K, Maruff P, et al. Lack of reliable evidence for a distinctive ?4-related cognitive phenotype that is independent from clinical diagnostic status: findings from the Australian Imaging, Biomarkers and Lifestyle Study. Brain. 2013;136:2201-16 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the prodromal/preclinical Alzheimer's disease hypothesis and do not support the concept of a distinctive ?4-related cognitive phenotype. ..
- Price S, Holman C, Sanfilippo F, Emery J. Use of case-time-control design in pharmacovigilance applications: exploration with high-risk medications and unplanned hospital admissions in the Western Australian elderly. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2013;22:1159-70 pubmed publisher..The approach shows great potential as part of a post-marketing pharmacovigilance monitoring system in Australia and elsewhere. ..
- Goodman S, Wojdyla D, Piccini J, White H, Paolini J, Nessel C, et al. Factors associated with major bleeding events: insights from the ROCKET AF trial (rivaroxaban once-daily oral direct factor Xa inhibition compared with vitamin K antagonism for prevention of stroke and embolism trial in atrial fibrillation). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:891-900 pubmed publisher..This study sought to report additional safety results from the ROCKET AF (Rivaroxaban Once-daily oral Direct Factor Xa Inhibition Compared with Vitamin K Antagonism for Prevention of Stroke and Embolism Trial in Atrial Fibrillation)...
- Tan C, Cho B, Soo R. Next-generation epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors in epidermal growth factor receptor -mutant non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2016;93:59-68 pubmed publisher..An understanding of the mechanisms of acquired resistance to the third-generation EGFR TKIs will greatly aid in the development of the next generation of EGFR TKIs. ..
- Milne J, Ong C, Ong J, Cheung K, Schauer A, Buttar S, et al. The influence of introducing unrestricted access to sugammadex and quantitative neuromuscular monitors on the incidence of residual neuromuscular block at a tertiary teaching hospital. An audit of 'real-life'. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2016;44:784 pubmed
- Renz H, Holt P, Inouye M, Logan A, Prescott S, Sly P. An exposome perspective: Early-life events and immune development in a changing world. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;140:24-40 pubmed publisher..We place the metaexposome in the context of early-life immune functioning and describe how various aspects of a changing environment, especially through microbiota exposures, can influence health and disease over the life course. ..
- Johnatty S, Tan Y, Buchanan D, Bowman M, Walters R, Obermair A, et al. Family history of cancer predicts endometrial cancer risk independently of Lynch Syndrome: Implications for genetic counselling. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:381-387 pubmed publisher..Associations remained significant irrespective of proband MMR status, and after excluding MMR pathogenic variant carriers, indicating that Lynch syndrome genes do not fully explain familial EC risk. ..
- Crawford G, Hicks C, Lou X, Vijayasekaran S, Tan D, Mulholland B, et al. The Chirila Keratoprosthesis: phase I human clinical trial. Ophthalmology. 2002;109:883-9 pubmed..This keratoprosthesis is acceptably safe and has demonstrated an ability to restore vision in cases in which alternative management would have had a poor prognosis. More extensive trials are warranted. ..
- Flicker L, Mead K, Macinnis R, Nowson C, Scherer S, Stein M, et al. Serum vitamin D and falls in older women in residential care in Australia. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2003;51:1533-8 pubmed..01), implying a 20% reduction in the risk of falling with a doubling of the vitamin D level. Vitamin D deficiency is common in residential care in Australia. A low level of serum vitamin D is an independent predictor of incident falls. ..
- Fenwick S, Duignan P, Nicol C, Leyland M, Hunter J. A comparison of Salmonella serotypes isolated from New Zealand sea lions and feral pigs on the Auckland Islands by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. J Wildl Dis. 2004;40:566-70 pubmed..Contamination of the marine environment by human waste is a possible source of infection for marine mammals and warrants further investigation...
- Busch F, Hamdorf J, Carroll C, Magann E, Morrison J. Acute colonic pseudo-obstruction following cesarean delivery. J Miss State Med Assoc. 2004;45:323-6 pubmed..Although acute colonic pseudo-obstruction is uncommon, it is important that obstetric practitioners recognize this clinical entity as the potentially fatal consequences of cecal perforation can be prevented by tube cecostomy. ..
- Pathmanathan A, Waterer G. Significance of positive Stenotrophomonas maltophilia culture in acute respiratory tract infection. Eur Respir J. 2005;25:911-4 pubmed
- Fernandez S, Rosenow A, James I, Roberts S, Nolan R, French M, et al. Recovery of CD4+ T Cells in HIV patients with a stable virologic response to antiretroviral therapy is associated with polymorphisms of interleukin-6 and central major histocompatibility complex genes. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006;41:1-5 pubmed..We suggest that immune activation and/or CD4 T-cell apoptosis in HIV patients on effective ART is influenced by genetic factors. ..
- Lee Y, Mori T, Sipsas S, Barden A, Puddey I, Burke V, et al. Lupin-enriched bread increases satiety and reduces energy intake acutely. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006;84:975-80 pubmed..Protein and fiber may be important determinants of satiety. Lupin kernel flour is a novel food ingredient that is rich in protein and fiber...
- Colvin L, Payne J, Parsons D, Kurinczuk J, Bower C. Alcohol consumption during pregnancy in nonindigenous west Australian women. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2007;31:276-84 pubmed..It is important that all women of child-bearing age are aware, well before they consider pregnancy, of the risks of drinking alcohol during pregnancy so they can make informed decisions about their alcohol consumption in pregnancy. ..
- Oddy W, de Klerk N, Miller M, Payne J, Bower C. Association of maternal pre-pregnancy weight with birth defects: evidence from a case-control study in Western Australia. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2009;49:11-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings were consistent with similar, statistically significant studies in the literature. Weight reduction prior to pregnancy in obese women may be a means of primary prevention of birth defects. ..
- Ha J, Sieunarine K. Laparoscopic splenic artery aneurysm resection: review of current trends in management. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2009;19:e67-70 pubmed publisher..We recommend the laparoscopic approach to be considered as the first option in the management of splenic artery aneurysm. It is of particular use in pregnant women where this condition has a high mortality and morbidity...
- Rao S, Bartle D, Patole S. Current and future therapeutic options for persistent pulmonary hypertension in the newborn. Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2010;8:845-62 pubmed publisher..This article discusses the evidence about INO in term and preterm neonates in brief, and focuses mainly on the potential alternative drugs in the management of PPHN. ..
- Ghahari S, Leigh Packer T, Passmore A. Effectiveness of an online fatigue self-management programme for people with chronic neurological conditions: a randomized controlled trial. Clin Rehabil. 2010;24:727-44 pubmed publisher..05). The control group showed no improvements over time. Although the fatigue self-management group improved over time, results did not demonstrate additional benefit in most outcome measures when compared with the control group. ..
- Chaichana T, Sun Z, Jewkes J. Haemodynamic analysis of the effect of different types of plaques in the left coronary artery. Comput Med Imaging Graph. 2013;37:197-206 pubmed publisher..In this study we investigate the haemodynamic effects of various types of plaques in the left coronary bifurcation...
- Dieterich A, Pickard C, Strauss G, Deshon L, Gibson W, McKay J. Muscle thickness measurements to estimate gluteus medius and minimus activity levels. Man Ther. 2014;19:453-60 pubmed publisher..Ultrasound examination revealed a differential thickening behaviour of gluteus medius and minimus which enabled estimation of isometric torque production only for gluteus medius but with lower precision than surface EMG. ..
- Critoph C, Green G, Hayes H, Baumwol J, Lam K, Larbalestier R, et al. Clinical Outcomes of Patients Treated With Pulmonary Vasodilators Early and in High Dose After Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation. Artif Organs. 2016;40:106-14 pubmed publisher..The results warrant further investigation in a randomized controlled study. ..
- Akesson L, Burnett J, Mehta D, Martin A. Lipoprotein lipase deficiency presenting with neonatal perianal abscesses. BMJ Case Rep. 2016;2016: pubmed publisher..Whether hypertriglyceridaemia contributes to immune dysfunction in this context is unknown. If there is a pathophysiological link, this may have implications for hypertriglyceridaemia management. ..
- Bochkezanian V, Newton R, Trajano G, Vieira A, Pulverenti T, Blazevich A. Effect of tendon vibration during wide-pulse neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) on the decline and recovery of muscle force. BMC Neurol. 2017;17:82 pubmed publisher..Negative responders to tendon vibration may derive greater benefit from wide-pulse width NMES alone. ..
- Franchina M, Kay P. Novel nucleotide substitutions within the coding region of DNMT2 are in strong linkage disequilibrium in Caucasians and Japanese. Hum Hered. 2001;52:210-6 pubmed..Demonstration of strong linkage disequilibrium between the nucleotide substitutions associated with each DNMT2 allele provides valuable tools for the investigation of molecular genetic mechanisms of evolution and speciation. ..
- Windsor L, Puschendorf M, Allcock R, Scott A, Sayer D, Kucharzak R, et al. Does a central MHC gene in linkage disequilibrium with HLA-DRB1*0401 affect susceptibility to type 1 diabetes?. Genes Immun. 2005;6:298-304 pubmed..However, with these tools, selection of HLA-DRB1*0401, DQB1*0302 donors who are positive and negative for C4B3 will allow bidirectional mapping of diabetes genes in the central MHC. ..
- Sly P, Flack F. Susceptibility of children to environmental pollutants. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008;1140:163-83 pubmed publisher..The immune, respiratory, and central nervous systems are immature at birth and have a prolonged period of postnatal maturation. Thus, these organ systems are vulnerable to postnatal exposures. ..
- Chan D, Ng T, Watts G. Apolipoprotein A-II: evaluating its significance in dyslipidaemia, insulin resistance, and atherosclerosis. Ann Med. 2012;44:313-24 pubmed publisher..There is no evidence, however, that selective therapeutic modification of apoA-II impacts on atherosclerosis and clinical outcomes. More research is required to investigate further the significance of apoA-II in clinical medicine. ..
- Fuller K, Linden M, Lee Pullen T, Fragall C, Erber W, Röhrig K. An active, collaborative approach to learning skills in flow cytometry. Adv Physiol Educ. 2016;40:176-85 pubmed publisher..It should be considered as a useful new method for incorporating complex data analysis tasks such as flow cytometry into curricula. ..
- Lee B, Hampson D. A monoclonal antibody reacting with the cell envelope of spirochaetes isolated from cases of intestinal spirochaetosis in pigs and humans. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1995;131:179-84 pubmed..The mAb should prove to be a useful reagent for detection and identification of spirochaetes that are specifically associated with intestinal spirochaetosis...
- van Heerden P, Cameron P, Karanovic A, Goodman M. Orthodeoxia--an uncommon presentation following bilateral thoracic sympathectomy. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2003;31:581-3 pubmed
- Petros P, Richardson P, Goeschen K, Abendstein B. The Tissue Fixation System provides a new structural method for cystocoele repair: a preliminary report. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2006;46:474-8 pubmed..The tensioned tape operation is simple and accurate, and appears to work well in the short term. Longer-term studies are required. ..
- Ho K, Harding R, Chamberlain J. The impact of arterial oxygen tension on venous oxygen saturation in circulatory failure. Shock. 2008;29:3-6 pubmed..2% to 5.8%; P = 0.063). In conclusion, arterial oxygen tension has a significant effect on venous oxygen saturation, and this effect is more significant and consistent than the effect associated with changes in cardiac index. ..
- Ng J, Morlet N, Bremner A, Bulsara M, Morton A, Semmens J. Techniques to monitor for endophthalmitis and other cataract surgery complications. Ophthalmology. 2008;115:3-10 pubmed..Better still, the use of cumulative sum analysis can help surgeons distinguish between failures due to random processes and those that are associated with problems that require investigation to search for potentially correctable causes. ..
- Gandhi N, Young K, Warmington J, Mancera R. Characterization of sequence and structural features of the Candida krusei enolase. In Silico Biol. 2008;8:449-60 pubmed..The lack of the important amino acids in the active site also indicates that C. krusei enolase might have evolved as a member of a mechanistically diverse enolase superfamily catalying somewhat different reactions. ..
- Shorten A, Wallman K, Guelfi K. Acute effect of environmental temperature during exercise on subsequent energy intake in active men. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;90:1215-21 pubmed publisher..05). Exercise in a neutral environmental temperature is associated with higher energy intake in the subsequent meal compared with a control, whereas exercise in the heat is not. ..
- Ooi E, Watts G, Chan D, Nielsen L, Plomgaard P, Dahlback B, et al. Association of apolipoprotein M with high-density lipoprotein kinetics in overweight-obese men. Atherosclerosis. 2010;210:326-30 pubmed publisher..01) and HDL apoA-II FCR (adjusted R(2)=14%, p<0.01). ApoM may be a significant, independent predictor of HDL apoA-I and apoA-II catabolism in overweight-obese, insulin resistant men. ..
- McDonnell N, Kennedy D, Long L, Gallagher Swann M, Paech M. The development and implementation of an obstetric cell salvage service. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2010;38:492-9 pubmed..Post transfusion Kleihauer testing should be performed as soon as possible in Rhesus-negative mothers who deliver a Rhesus-positive foetus, so that appropriate anti-D prophylaxis can be administered. ..
- Hansen M, Kurinczuk J, Milne E, de Klerk N, Bower C. Assisted reproductive technology and birth defects: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Hum Reprod Update. 2013;19:330-53 pubmed publisher..Birth defects remain more common in ART infants. Further research is required to examine risks for important subgroups of ART exposure. ..
- Cox D, Bizzintino J, Ferrari G, Khoo S, Zhang G, Whelan S, et al. Human rhinovirus species C infection in young children with acute wheeze is associated with increased acute respiratory hospital admissions. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013;188:1358-64 pubmed publisher..These associations are consistent with HRV-C causing recurrent severe wheezing illnesses in children who are more susceptible to ARIs. ..
- Wilson T, Iyengar A, Winlaw D, Weintraub R, Wheaton G, Gentles T, et al. Use of ACE inhibitors in Fontan: Rational or irrational?. Int J Cardiol. 2016;210:95-9 pubmed publisher..The coordination of prospective, multicentre studies and initiatives such as the Australia and New Zealand Fontan Registry will facilitate further investigations to guide treatment decisions in the growing Fontan population. ..
- Davis C, Hodgson J, Woodman R, Bryan J, Wilson C, Murphy K. A Mediterranean diet lowers blood pressure and improves endothelial function: results from the MedLey randomized intervention trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;105:1305-1313 pubmed publisher..This trial was registered at www.anzctr.org.au as ACTRN12613000602729. ..
- Mishra M, Loro E, Sengupta K, Wilton S, Khurana T. Functional improvement of dystrophic muscle by repression of utrophin: let-7c interaction. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182676 pubmed publisher..The functional improvement of dystrophic muscle achieved using let7-SBOs suggests a novel utrophin upregulation-based therapeutic strategy for DMD. ..
- Baynam G, Zhang G, Khoo S, Sly P, Holt P, Goldblatt J, et al. Gender-specific effects of cytokine gene polymorphisms on childhood vaccine responses. Vaccine. 2008;26:3574-9 pubmed publisher..01) and IL-4Ralpha I50V (p=0.04) polymorphisms. In conclusion, these findings support the interaction of primary genetic and modifying factors on vaccine responses and the importance of atopic genetics to these responses. ..
- Dusci L, Good S, Hall R, Ilett K. Excretion of diazepam and its metabolites in human milk during withdrawal from combination high dose diazepam and oxazepam. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1990;29:123-6 pubmed..5 and 9.6 micrograms l-1) were present. The infant showed no overt physical or mental symptoms of benzodiazepine intoxication. ..
- English D, Armstrong B, Kricker A. Reproducibility of reported measurements of sun exposure in a case-control study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 1998;7:857-63 pubmed..Total sun exposure and, to a lesser extent, site-specific exposure showed good agreement on the two occasions. However, indicators of intermittent sun exposure had poor agreement, and sunburn had only fair agreement. ..
- Lee J, Schwartz D, Hallmayer J. Catatonia in a psychiatric intensive care facility: incidence and response to benzodiazepines. Ann Clin Psychiatry. 2000;12:89-96 pubmed..We find the BFCSI a simple and reliable tool to screen for catatonia, and our data attest to the efficacy of benzodiazepines in the treatment of catatonia...
- Lee C, Gavriel H, Drummond P, Richards J, Greenwald R. Treatment of PTSD: stress inoculation training with prolonged exposure compared to EMDR. J Clin Psychol. 2002;58:1071-89 pubmed..However on the subscale measures of the degree of intrusion symptoms, EMDR did significantly better than SITPE. At follow-up EMDR was found to lead to greater gains on all measures. ..
- Palladino S, Kay I, Flexman J, Boehm I, Costa A, Lambert E, et al. Rapid detection of vanA and vanB genes directly from clinical specimens and enrichment broths by real-time multiplex PCR assay. J Clin Microbiol. 2003;41:2483-6 pubmed..PCR performed directly with enrichment broths was found to be significantly more sensitive than enrichment broth culture (P < 0.025). Negative samples were identified significantly earlier by PCR than by culture alone. ..