Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Locale: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Publications270 found, 100 shown here
- Barr R, Hopkins R, Watt P, Bogoyevitch M. Reverse two-hybrid screening identifies residues of JNK required for interaction with the kinase interaction motif of JNK-interacting protein-1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:43178-89 pubmed..Therefore, the results of our unbiased reverse two-hybrid screening approach have identified residues of JNK responsible for binding JIP-1-based peptides as well as MKK4 or MKK7. ..
- Chua B, Phuektes P, Sanders S, Nicholls P, McMinn P. The molecular basis of mouse adaptation by human enterovirus 71. J Gen Virol. 2008;89:1622-32 pubmed publisher..Of the two amino acid substitutions identified in MP-26M, the VP1 (G(145)-->E) mutation alone was sufficient to increase virulence in mice to the level observed in MP-26M-infected mice. ..
- Waddell B, Bollen M, Wyrwoll C, Mori T, Mark P. Developmental programming of adult adrenal structure and steroidogenesis: effects of fetal glucocorticoid excess and postnatal dietary omega-3 fatty acids. J Endocrinol. 2010;205:171-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study shows that prenatal exposure to dexamethasone does not increase basal adrenocortical activity but does result in a more stress-responsive adrenal phenotype, possibly via increased Mc2r expression. ..
- Abu Zidan F, Parmar K, Rao S. Kangaroo-related motor vehicle collisions. J Trauma. 2002;53:360-3 pubmed..Although injuries resulting from these collisions are relatively mild, increased awareness of their presence and ways to reduce them have to be promoted. ..
- Redgrave T. Chylomicron metabolism. Biochem Soc Trans. 2004;32:79-82 pubmed..Methods using stable isotopes in appropriately formulated emulsions are providing valuable new information. ..
- Desport M, Stewart M, Mikosza A, Sheridan C, Peterson S, Chavand O, et al. Sequence analysis of Jembrana disease virus strains reveals a genetically stable lentivirus. Virus Res. 2007;126:233-44 pubmed..JDV appears to be remarkably stable genetically and has undergone minor genetic changes over a period of nearly 20 years in Bali despite becoming endemic in the cattle population of the island...
- James C, Foong Y, Mansfield J, Vind A, Fenwick S, Ellis T. Evaluation of a positive marker of avian influenza vaccination in ducks for use in H5N1 surveillance. Vaccine. 2008;26:5345-51 pubmed publisher..Thus TT is a highly suitable exogenous marker for avian influenza vaccination in ducks and allows sero-surveillance in countries using H5N1 vaccination. ..
- Prele C, Woodward E, Bisley J, Keith Magee A, Nicholson S, Hart P. SOCS1 regulates the IFN but not NFkappaB pathway in TLR-stimulated human monocytes and macrophages. J Immunol. 2008;181:8018-26 pubmed
- Balaratnasingam C, Ye L, Morgan W, Bass L, Cringle S, Yu D. Protective role of endothelial nitric oxide synthase following pressure-induced insult to the optic nerve. Brain Res. 2009;1263:155-64 pubmed publisher..Changes in ecNOS levels may therefore be important in the development of neuronal tolerance in the early stages of CNS diseases such as hydrocephalus. ..
- Cheah E, Burcham P, Mann T, Henry P. Acrolein relaxes mouse isolated tracheal smooth muscle via a TRPA1-dependent mechanism. Biochem Pharmacol. 2014;89:148-56 pubmed publisher..Pharmacologic studies indicate that acrolein-induced relaxation likely involves interplay between TRPA1-expressing airway sensory C-fibres, NK? receptor-expressing epithelial cells, and EP?-receptor expressing airway smooth muscle cells...
- Yang D, Smith J, Zhou Z, Gandy S, Martins R. Characterization of the binding of amyloid-beta peptide to cell culture-derived native apolipoprotein E2, E3, and E4 isoforms and to isoforms from human plasma. J Neurochem. 1997;68:721-5 pubmed..The different A beta-binding properties of native apoE4 versus native apoE3 provide insight into the molecular mechanisms by which the APOE epsilon 4 allele exerts its risk factor effects in AD. ..
- Mann C, Honeyman K, Cheng A, Ly T, Lloyd F, Fletcher S, et al. Antisense-induced exon skipping and synthesis of dystrophin in the mdx mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:42-7 pubmed..This approach should reduce the severity of DMD by allowing a dystrophic gene transcript to be modified, such that it can be translated into a Becker-dystrophin-like protein. ..
- Cull V, Bartlett E, James C. Type I interferon gene therapy protects against cytomegalovirus-induced myocarditis. Immunology. 2002;106:428-37 pubmed..We demonstrate effective subtypes for treatment in both the acute and chronic phases of MCMV infection and the resultant development of myocarditis. ..
- Fernandes L, D Aprile A, Self G, Harnett G, Goldie R. The impact of respiratory syncytial virus infection on endothelin receptor function and release in sheep bronchial explants. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2004;44 Suppl 1:S202-6 pubmed..Furthermore, activation of airway PAR-2 may be protective in asthma where endothelin levels are elevated in part via endothelin release suppression. ..
- Pavlos N, Xu J, Riedel D, Yeoh J, Teitelbaum S, Papadimitriou J, et al. Rab3D regulates a novel vesicular trafficking pathway that is required for osteoclastic bone resorption. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:5253-69 pubmed..Collectively, our data suggest that Rab3D modulates a post-TGN trafficking step that is required for osteoclastic bone resorption...
- Meloni B, Tilbrook P, Boulos S, Arthur P, Knuckey N. Erythropoietin preconditioning in neuronal cultures: signaling, protection from in vitro ischemia, and proteomic analysis. J Neurosci Res. 2006;83:584-93 pubmed
- Strickland D, Stumbles P, Zosky G, Subrata L, Thomas J, Turner D, et al. Reversal of airway hyperresponsiveness by induction of airway mucosal CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2649-60 pubmed
- Balaratnasingam C, Morgan W, Bass L, Kang M, Cringle S, Yu D. Time-dependent effects of focal retinal ischemia on axonal cytoskeleton proteins. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:3019-28 pubmed publisher..Cytoskeleton proteins are likely to be important pathogenic mediators of neuronal dysfunction in diseases such as glaucoma and retinal vascular disease. ..
- Gorbatov M, Miller J, Yu P, Cringle S, Yu D. Ablation of subretinal tissue with optical fiber delivered 266 nm laser pulses. Exp Eye Res. 2010;91:257-63 pubmed publisher..To perform well controlled laser surgery on subretinal tissues both laser parameters and the properties of the target cells and tissues have to be considered. ..
- Dawson L, Phillips J, Finch P, Inglis J, Drummond P. Expression of ?1-adrenoceptors on peripheral nociceptive neurons. Neuroscience. 2011;175:300-14 pubmed publisher..This may help to explain the mechanism of sensory-sympathetic coupling that sometimes develops on surviving primary nociceptive afferents in neuropathic pain states. ..
- Kaewmongkol G, Kaewmongkol S, Fleming P, Adams P, Ryan U, Irwin P, et al. Zoonotic Bartonella species in fleas and blood from red foxes in Australia. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2011;11:1549-53 pubmed publisher..clarridgeiae. The identification and characterization of Bartonella species in red foxes in the Southwest of Western Australia suggests that red foxes may act as reservoirs of infection for animals and humans in this region...
- Ziman M, Thomas M, Jacobsen P, Beazley L. A key role for Pax7 transcripts in determination of muscle and nerve cells. Exp Cell Res. 2001;268:220-9 pubmed..Our results suggest a key role for Pax7 transcripts in lineage determination. ..
- Traub R, Robertson I, Irwin P, Mencke N, Thompson R. The role of dogs in transmission of gastrointestinal parasites in a remote tea-growing community in northeastern India. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2002;67:539-45 pubmed..The results of this study demonstrate the role of the dog as a significant disseminator and environmental contaminator of Ascaris lumbricoides in communities where promiscuous defecation by humans occurs. ..
- Karunajeewa H, Ilett K, Mueller I, Siba P, Law I, Page Sharp M, et al. Pharmacokinetics and efficacy of piperaquine and chloroquine in Melanesian children with uncomplicated malaria. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008;52:237-43 pubmed..Although PQ has a longer t 1/2 beta than CQ, its prompt distribution and lack of active metabolite may limit its posttreatment malaria-suppressive properties. ..
- Moss T, Knox C, Kallapur S, Nitsos I, Theodoropoulos C, Newnham J, et al. Experimental amniotic fluid infection in sheep: effects of Ureaplasma parvum serovars 3 and 6 on preterm or term fetal sheep. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008;198:122.e1-8 pubmed publisher..The objective of the study was to determine the effects in late gestation of Ureaplasma parvum serovar 3 colonization and the effects, preterm, of U. parvum serovar 6...
- Tee L, Penrose M, O Shea J, Lai C, Rakoczy E, Dunlop S. VEGF-induced choroidal damage in a murine model of retinal neovascularisation. Br J Ophthalmol. 2008;92:832-8 pubmed publisher..We show that elevated retinal VEGF levels trigger pathophysiological changes in the choroid. We suggest that therapies to prevent vascular damage in diabetes must target both the retinal and choroidal vasculatures. ..
- Palmer C, Robertson I, Traub R, Rees R, Thompson R. Intestinal parasites of dogs and cats in Australia: the veterinarian's perspective and pet owner awareness. Vet J. 2010;183:358-61 pubmed publisher..Veterinarians are important educators in the community and it is important to evaluate their performance if improvements are to be made. ..
- Holt P, Sly P. Viral infections and atopy in asthma pathogenesis: new rationales for asthma prevention and treatment. Nat Med. 2012;18:726-35 pubmed publisher..Targeting key components of these pathways at the appropriate stages of asthma provides new opportunities for the treatment of established asthma but, more crucially, for primary and secondary prevention of asthma during childhood. ..
- Erbe C, Macgillivray A, Williams R. Mapping cumulative noise from shipping to inform marine spatial planning. J Acoust Soc Am. 2012;132:EL423-8 pubmed publisher..Error analysis proved that rough calculations of noise occurrence and propagation can form a basis for management processes, because spending resources on unnecessary detail is wasteful and delays remedial action. ..
- Mendis A, Grubb W, Armson A. An alternative protocol for the serial passage and maintenance of a homogonic strain of Strongyloides ratti in female Sprague-Dawley rats. Int J Parasitol. 1993;23:813-4 pubmed..The yields and infectivity of the L3 larvae obtained from the two methods were essentially similar. ..
- Mackenzie J. Emerging zoonotic encephalitis viruses: lessons from Southeast Asia and Oceania. J Neurovirol. 2005;11:434-40 pubmed..These viruses will form the body of this brief review...
- De Campo B, Henry P. Protease-activated receptors (PARs) are partly pro-inflammatory and partly anti-inflammatory: will PAR agonists or antagonists participate in future drug therapies?. Curr Drug Targets. 2006;7:629-37 pubmed
- Setiyaningsih S, Desport M, Stewart M, Hartaningsih N, Wilcox G. Sequence analysis of mRNA transcripts encoding Jembrana disease virus Tat-1 in vivo. Virus Res. 2008;132:220-5 pubmed..Sequence conservation in the regions of tat-1 that are critical for RNA binding and transcription activation in three different virus strains was high and the tat-2 sequences were completely conserved...
- Hobbs J, Frisch A, Ford B, Thums M, Saenz Agudelo P, Furby K, et al. Taxonomic, spatial and temporal patterns of bleaching in anemones inhabited by anemonefishes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70966 pubmed publisher..Although bleaching has been intensively studied in corals, little is known about the causes and consequences of bleaching in other tropical symbiotic organisms...
- de Rie D, Abugessaisa I, Alam T, Arner E, Arner P, Ashoor H, et al. An integrated expression atlas of miRNAs and their promoters in human and mouse. Nat Biotechnol. 2017;35:872-878 pubmed publisher..We thus provide a broad atlas of miRNA expression and promoters in primary mammalian cells, establishing a foundation for detailed analysis of miRNA expression patterns and transcriptional control regions. ..
- Sloboda D, Moss T, Li S, Matthews S, Challis J, Newnham J. Expression of glucocorticoid receptor, mineralocorticoid receptor, and 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 and 2 in the fetal and postnatal ovine hippocampus: ontogeny and effects of prenatal glucocorticoid exposure. J Endocrinol. 2008;197:213-20 pubmed publisher
- Rentería M, Gandhi N, Vinuesa P, Helmerhorst E, Mancera R. A comparative structural bioinformatics analysis of the insulin receptor family ectodomain based on phylogenetic information. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3667 pubmed publisher..Finally, a strong selective pressure was found amongst the IRR orthologous sequences, suggesting that this orphan receptor has a yet unknown physiological role which may be conserved from amphibians to mammals. ..
- Surana R, Sikka S, Cai W, Shin E, Warrier S, Tan H, et al. Secreted frizzled related proteins: Implications in cancers. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1845:53-65 pubmed publisher..However, little is known about SFRP family members and their role in different cancers. This review comprehensively covers all the available information on the role of SFRP molecules in various human cancers. ..
- Armson A, Grubb W, Mendis A. Strongyloides ratti: mitochondrial enzyme activities of the classical electron transport pathway in the infective (L3) larvae. Int J Parasitol. 1995;25:257-60 pubmed..SCR activity was inhibited by antimycin A (EC50 = 3.8 x 10(-6) M) and TTFA (EC50 = 2.8 x 10(-5) M) but not by rotenone. The results suggest that presence of classical and alternate RET-pathways in S. ratti L3 larvae...
- Yu D, Townsend R, Cringle S, Chauhan B, Morgan W. Improved interpretation of flow maps obtained by scanning laser Doppler flowmetry using a rat model of retinal artery occlusion. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:166-74 pubmed..Current HRF flow maps in the rat therefore reflect blood flow in the larger elements of the microvasculature rather than the capillary network. ..
- Ivey K, Lewis J, Hodgson J, Zhu K, Dhaliwal S, Thompson P, et al. Association between yogurt, milk, and cheese consumption and common carotid artery intima-media thickness and cardiovascular disease risk factors in elderly women. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011;94:234-9 pubmed publisher..023 mm, P = 0.003). Increased consumption of yogurt, but not of other dairy products, is associated with a lower CCA-IMT, independent of other risk factors. ..
- Squire M, Riley T. Clostridium difficile infection in humans and piglets: a 'One Health' opportunity. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2013;365:299-314 pubmed publisher..To successfully deal with these recent changes in the epidemiology of CDI will require a 'one health' approach involving human health physicians, veterinarians and environmental scientists. ..
- Thompson P, Nidorf S, Eikelboom J. Targeting the unstable plaque in acute coronary syndromes. Clin Ther. 2013;35:1099-107 pubmed publisher..Although there are still no agents in clinical use for plaque stabilization, there are important advances in understanding plaque instability and several encouraging approaches are being evaluated in Phase III clinical trials. ..
- Armson A, Grubb W, Mendis A. Strongyloides ratti: fumarate reductase and succinate dehydrogenase activities of infective larvae. Int J Parasitol. 1993;23:809-11 pubmed..4 nmol (min)-1 (mg protein)-1; the Kmsucc was 0.5 mM. Although the SDH:FR ratio cannot predicate vectorial electron flow as would occur in vivo, an in vitro ratio of 5.04:1 was observed for SMPs derived from S. ratti L3 larvae. ..
- Yu P, Cringle S, McAllister I, Yu D. Low power laser treatment of the retina ameliorates neovascularisation in a transgenic mouse model of retinal neovascularisation. Exp Eye Res. 2009;89:791-800 pubmed publisher..Low power panretinal photocoagulation can inhibit retinal neovascularisation and yet preserve partial visual function in this transgenic mouse model of retinal neovascularisation. ..
- Falasca M, Ferro R. Role of the lysophosphatidylinositol/GPR55 axis in cancer. Adv Biol Regul. 2016;60:88-93 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the role of the LPI/GPR55 axis, in particular with regards to its pharmacological potential therapeutic exploitation. ..
- Lenzo J, Mansfield J, Sivamoorthy S, Cull V, James C. Cytokine expression in murine cytomegalovirus-induced myocarditis: modulation with interferon-alpha therapy. Cell Immunol. 2003;223:77-86 pubmed..These results suggest that IFN subtype therapy may have immunomodulating effects in reducing disease severity in BALB/c mice via regulation of cytokine production in the heart. ..
- Khalil A, Aziz F, Hall J. Reperfusion injury. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006;117:1024-33 pubmed..This article outlines the molecular and cellular events that occur during reperfusion injury and then reviews the efforts that have been made to exploit this knowledge for clinical advantage. ..
- Bozanich E, Janosi T, Collins R, Thamrin C, Turner D, Hantos Z, et al. Methacholine responsiveness in mice from 2 to 8 wk of age. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;103:542-6 pubmed..The results from the present study do not show systematic differences in MCh responsiveness in mice from 2 to 8 wk of age...
- Phillips N, La T, Adams P, Harland B, Fenwick S, Hampson D. Detection of Brachyspira hyodysenteriae, Lawsonia intracellularis and Brachyspira pilosicoli in feral pigs. Vet Microbiol. 2009;134:294-9 pubmed publisher..hyodysenteriae has been detected in feral pigs. As these animals range over considerable distances, they present a potential source of B. hyodysenteriae for any domesticated pigs with which they may come into contact. ..
- McAllister I, Vijayasekaran S, Chen S, Yu D. Effect of triamcinolone acetonide on vascular endothelial growth factor and occludin levels in branch retinal vein occlusion. Am J Ophthalmol. 2009;147:838-46, 846.e1-2 pubmed publisher..These events may contribute to a reduction in the blood retinal barrier breakdown that occurs in BRVO and promote resolution of the associated retinal edema. ..
- Pillow J, Hillman N, Polglase G, Moss T, Kallapur S, Cheah F, et al. Oxygen, temperature and humidity of inspired gases and their influences on airway and lung tissue in near-term lambs. Intensive Care Med. 2009;35:2157-63 pubmed publisher..In near-term neonatal lambs ventilated for 3 h, hyperoxia was associated a more powerful stimulus for pulmonary dysfunction and upregulation of inflammatory cytokines than cold dry gas. ..
- Rao S, Bartle D, Patole S. Current and future therapeutic options for persistent pulmonary hypertension in the newborn. Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2010;8:845-62 pubmed publisher..This article discusses the evidence about INO in term and preterm neonates in brief, and focuses mainly on the potential alternative drugs in the management of PPHN. ..
- Biedenweg T, Parsons M, Fleming P, Blumstein D. Sounds scary? Lack of habituation following the presentation of novel sounds. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14549 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, by utilizing both artificial and biological sounds, predictability may be masked or offset, so that habituation is delayed and more effective deterrents may be produced. ..
- Johansson A, Hamzah J, Payne C, Ganss R. Tumor-targeted TNF? stabilizes tumor vessels and enhances active immunotherapy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7841-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, low-dose TNF? promotes both vessel remodeling and antitumor immune responses and acts as a potent adjuvant for active immunotherapy. ..
- Farid W, Lawrence A, Krstew E, Tait R, Hulse G, Dunlop S. Maternally administered sustained-release naltrexone in rats affects offspring neurochemistry and behaviour in adulthood. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52812 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data show pronounced effects of developmental naltrexone exposure, some of which persist into adulthood, highlighting the need for follow up of humans that were exposed to naltrexone in utero. ..
- Mitrpant C, Porensky P, Zhou H, Price L, Muntoni F, Fletcher S, et al. Improved antisense oligonucleotide design to suppress aberrant SMN2 gene transcript processing: towards a treatment for spinal muscular atrophy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62114 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the PMO gives the longest survival reported to date after a single dosing by ICV. ..
- Cheung K, Ma L, Wang G, Coe D, Ferro R, Falasca M, et al. CD31 signals confer immune privilege to the vascular endothelium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E5815-24 pubmed publisher..In vivo, CD31 gene transfer is sufficient to recapitulate the cytoprotective mechanisms in CD31(-) pancreatic Î² cells, which become resistant to immune-mediated rejection when grafted in fully allogeneic recipients. ..
- Yuan Y, Cruzat V, Newsholme P, Cheng J, Chen Y, Lu Y. Regulation of SIRT1 in aging: Roles in mitochondrial function and biogenesis. Mech Ageing Dev. 2016;155:10-21 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on the molecular regulation of SIRT1 and its role in mitochondrial biogenesis during in the context of aging and aging-related diseases. ..
- Thomas M, Simmons L. Sexual selection on cuticular hydrocarbons in the Australian field cricket, Teleogryllus oceanicus. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:162 pubmed publisher..This study shows that sexual selection plays an important role in the evolution of male cuticular hydrocarbon signals. ..
- Hodgetts S, Simmons P, Plant G. Human mesenchymal precursor cells (Stro-1?) from spinal cord injury patients improve functional recovery and tissue sparing in an acute spinal cord injury rat model. Cell Transplant. 2013;22:393-412 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a new candidate for consideration as a stem cell therapy for the repair of traumatic CNS injury. ..
- Lee P, Holt P, McWilliam A. Failure of MHC class II expression in neonatal alveolar macrophages: potential role of class II transactivator. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:2347-56 pubmed..We have investigated the role of type I interferons but did not find them to be responsible for the inability of AM from young animals to induce MHC class II in response to IFN-gamma. ..
- Cui Q, Pollett M, Symons N, Plant G, Harvey A. A new approach to CNS repair using chimeric peripheral nerve grafts. J Neurotrauma. 2003;20:17-31 pubmed..The use of chimeric grafts to bridge CNS tissue defects could provide a clinical alternative to using multiple PN autografts, the harvesting of which would exacerbate peripheral dysfunction in already injured patients. ..
- Lalonde J, Lim R, Ingley E, Tilbrook P, Thompson M, McCulloch R, et al. HLS5, a novel RBCC (ring finger, B box, coiled-coil) family member isolated from a hemopoietic lineage switch, is a candidate tumor suppressor. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:8181-9 pubmed..Enforced expression of Hls5 in HeLa cells inhibited cell growth, clonogenicity, and tumorigenicity. It is conceivable that HLS5 is one of the tumor suppressor genes thought to reside at the 8p21 locus. ..
- Yu D, Cringle S, Valter K, Walsh N, Lee D, Stone J. Photoreceptor death, trophic factor expression, retinal oxygen status, and photoreceptor function in the P23H rat. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:2013-9 pubmed..Hyperoxia-induced photoreceptor death may be a self-reinforcing factor that increases oxidative stress in surviving photoreceptors. ..
- Galloway S, Jian L, Johnsen R, Chew S, Mamo J. beta-amyloid or its precursor protein is found in epithelial cells of the small intestine and is stimulated by high-fat feeding. J Nutr Biochem. 2007;18:279-84 pubmed..Our findings are consistent with the notion that Abeta may serve as a regulatory apolipoprotein of postprandial lipoproteins. ..
- La T, Phillips N, Hampson D. Evaluation of recombinant Bhlp29.7 as an ELISA antigen for detecting pig herds with swine dysentery. Vet Microbiol. 2009;133:98-104 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, when used on sets of 40 sera from slaughter-aged pigs the His6-Bhlp29.7 ELISA as established proved to be a useful adjunct to the diagnosis of SD at the herd level. ..
- Samuels A, Klinken S, Ingley E. Liar, a novel Lyn-binding nuclear/cytoplasmic shuttling protein that influences erythropoietin-induced differentiation. Blood. 2009;113:3845-56 pubmed publisher..These results show that Liar is a novel Lyn-interacting molecule that plays an important role in regulating intracellular signaling events associated with erythroid terminal differentiation. ..
- Jiang F, Mehta M, Morahan G. Quantification of insulin gene expression during development of pancreatic islet cells. Pancreas. 2010;39:201-8 pubmed publisher..5, increasing progressively through E13.5 to E15.5. Our study provides a novel insight into islet developmental biology. ..
- Santa Maria P, Redmond S, Atlas M, Ghassemifar R. The role of epidermal growth factor in the healing tympanic membrane following perforation in rats. J Mol Histol. 2010;41:309-14 pubmed publisher..The staining of EGF corresponds to its multiple roles in TM wound healing. ..
- Sharma S, Mukkur T, Benson H, Chen Y. Enhanced immune response against pertussis toxoid by IgA-loaded chitosan-dextran sulfate nanoparticles. J Pharm Sci. 2012;101:233-44 pubmed publisher..The study also revealed the potential important role of IgA-loaded CS-DS nanoparticles as a novel immunological adjuvant for vaccine delivery. ..
- Mustafa S, See H, Seeber R, Armstrong S, White C, Ventura S, et al. Identification and profiling of novel ?1A-adrenoceptor-CXC chemokine receptor 2 heteromer. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:12952-65 pubmed publisher..This has important implications for the use and future development of pharmaceuticals targeting these receptors...
- Hodgetts S, Simmons P, Plant G. A comparison of the behavioral and anatomical outcomes in sub-acute and chronic spinal cord injury models following treatment with human mesenchymal precursor cell transplantation and recombinant decorin. Exp Neurol. 2013;248:343-59 pubmed publisher..This was not measurably improved by recombinant decorin treatment, but does provide important information for the future development and potential use of decorin in contusive SCI therapy. ..
- Rinzin K, Tenzin T, Robertson I. Size and demography pattern of the domestic dog population in Bhutan: Implications for dog population management and disease control. Prev Vet Med. 2016;126:39-47 pubmed publisher..This study generated baseline data on the demographic patterns of the owned and stray dogs in Bhutan which will be useful for planning and monitoring dog population management and rabies control program in the country. ..
- Eger C, Lindsay P. Effects of otitis on hearing in dogs characterised by brainstem auditory evoked response testing. J Small Anim Pract. 1997;38:380-6 pubmed..It is concluded that most dogs with chronic otitis externa are not totally deaf and that the hearing impairment that does occur has the characteristics of conductive hearing loss...
- Stumbles P, Strickland D, Pimm C, Proksch S, Marsh A, McWilliam A, et al. Regulation of dendritic cell recruitment into resting and inflamed airway epithelium: use of alternative chemokine receptors as a function of inducing stimulus. J Immunol. 2001;167:228-34 pubmed
- Allentoft M, Oskam C, Houston J, Hale M, Gilbert M, Rasmussen M, et al. Profiling the dead: generating microsatellite data from fossil bones of extinct megafauna--protocols, problems, and prospects. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16670 pubmed publisher..The methodology presented here provides a framework by which to generate and evaluate microsatellite data from samples of much greater antiquity than attempted before, and opens new opportunities for ancient DNA research...
- Palmer C, Traub R, Robertson I, Hobbs R, Elliot A, While L, et al. The veterinary and public health significance of hookworm in dogs and cats in Australia and the status of A. ceylanicum. Vet Parasitol. 2007;145:304-13 pubmed
- Palmer C, Thompson R, Traub R, Rees R, Robertson I. National study of the gastrointestinal parasites of dogs and cats in Australia. Vet Parasitol. 2008;151:181-90 pubmed..Consequently, consideration should be given to the future use of anthelmintics and continued emphasis on pet owner education as means of preventing infection...