Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae in Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Locale: Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Shingu Vazquez M, Traven A. Mitochondria and fungal pathogenesis: drug tolerance, virulence, and potential for antifungal therapy. Eukaryot Cell. 2011;10:1376-83 pubmed publisher..We discuss how the contrasting effects of mitochondrial dysfunction on fungal drug tolerance and virulence could be explained and the potential for targeting mitochondrial factors for future antifungal drug development. ..
- Dolezal P, Aili M, Tong J, Jiang J, Marobbio C, Marobbio C, et al. Legionella pneumophila secretes a mitochondrial carrier protein during infection. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002459 pubmed publisher..A hidden Markov model revealed further MCF proteins in the intracellular pathogens, Legionella longbeachae and Neorickettsia sennetsu, thereby challenging the notion that MCF proteins exist exclusively in eukaryotic organisms...
- Uwamahoro N, Qu Y, Jelicic B, Lo T, Beaurepaire C, Bantun F, et al. The functions of Mediator in Candida albicans support a role in shaping species-specific gene expression. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002613 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae and are activators of the ALS genes in C. albicans. This suggests that Mediator subunits regulate adhesion in a distinct manner between these two distantly related fungal species. ..
- Mayorga J, Camacho Villasana Y, ShingÃº VÃ¡zquez M, GarcÃa Villegas R, Zamudio Ochoa A, GarcÃa Guerrero A, et al. A Novel Function of Pet54 in Regulation of Cox1 Synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9343-55 pubmed publisher..Pet54 may play a role in Mss51 hemylation/conformational change necessary for translational activity. Moreover, Pet54 physically interacts with the COX1 mRNA, and this binding was independent of the presence of Mss51. ..
- Finnegan P, Ellis T, Nagley P, Lukins H. The mature AEP2 gene product of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, required for the expression of subunit 9 of ATP synthase, is a 58 kDa mitochondrial protein. FEBS Lett. 1995;368:505-8 pubmed..Cell-free translation of AEP2 produces a 64 kDa polypeptide (consistent with the AEP2 sequence) which is imported into mitochondria and processed to a 58 kDa product by the removal of a presequence of about 50 amino acids. ..