Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nuclear proteins in Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Locale: Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Topic: nuclear proteins
- Western P, Ralli R, Wakeling S, Lo C, Van Den Bergen J, Miles D, et al. Mitotic arrest in teratoma susceptible fetal male germ cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20736 pubmed publisher..Further understanding of fetal male germ cell differentiation promises to provide insight into disorders of the testis and germ cell lineage, such as testis tumour formation and infertility. ..
- Young J, Major A, Miyamoto Y, Loveland K, Jans D. Distinct effects of importin ?2 and ?4 on Oct3/4 localization and expression in mouse embryonic stem cells. FASEB J. 2011;25:3958-65 pubmed publisher..These findings implicate IMP?2 and IMP?4 in specific but distinct roles in the fate choice between pluripotency and commitment to differentiation. ..
- Xu D, Wilson T, Chan D, De Luca E, Zhou J, Hertzog P, et al. Ets1 is required for p53 transcriptional activity in UV-induced apoptosis in embryonic stem cells. EMBO J. 2002;21:4081-93 pubmed
- Davies R, Wagstaff K, McLaughlin E, Loveland K, Jans D. The BRCA1-binding protein BRAP2 can act as a cytoplasmic retention factor for nuclear and nuclear envelope-localizing testicular proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:3436-3444 pubmed publisher..These results imply for the first time that BRAP2 may have an important role in modulating subcellular localization during testicular development. ..
- Figeac N, Serralbo O, Marcelle C, Zammit P. ErbB3 binding protein-1 (Ebp1) controls proliferation and myogenic differentiation of muscle stem cells. Dev Biol. 2014;386:135-51 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate a conserved function of Ebp1 in the regulation of embryonic muscle progenitors and adult muscle stem cells, which likely operates independently of ErbB3 signaling. ..
- Lieu K, Shim E, Wang J, Lokareddy R, Tao T, Cingolani G, et al. The p53-induced factor Ei24 inhibits nuclear import through an importin ?-binding-like domain. J Cell Biol. 2014;205:301-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ei24 can bind specifically to IMP?1 and IMP?2 to impede their normal role in nuclear import, shedding new light on the cellular functions of Ei24 and its tumor suppressor role. ..
- Nie G, Li Y, Batten L, Griffiths B, Wang J, Findlay J, et al. Uterine expression of alternatively spliced mRNAs of mouse splicing factor SC35 during early pregnancy. Mol Hum Reprod. 2000;6:1131-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate, for the first time, that an essential splicing factor is regulated in a complex manner during implantation in the mouse uterus. Hence, its correct regulation could be important for the success of pregnancy. ..
- Ghildyal R, Ho A, Wagstaff K, Dias M, Barton C, Jans P, et al. Nuclear import of the respiratory syncytial virus matrix protein is mediated by importin beta1 independent of importin alpha. Biochemistry. 2005;44:12887-95 pubmed
- Ellisdon A, Thomas B, Bottomley S. The two-stage pathway of ataxin-3 fibrillogenesis involves a polyglutamine-independent step. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:16888-96 pubmed..However, the presence of a pathological length polyglutamine tract introduces an additional step resulting in formation of a highly stable amyloid-like aggregate. ..