Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on intracellular signaling peptides and proteins in Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Locale: Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Topic: intracellular signaling peptides and proteins
- Morfis M, Tilakaratne N, Furness S, Christopoulos G, Werry T, Christopoulos A, et al. Receptor activity-modifying proteins differentially modulate the G protein-coupling efficiency of amylin receptors. Endocrinology. 2008;149:5423-31 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that RAMP-complexed receptors have a different signaling profile to CTRs expressed in the absence of RAMPs, and this is likely due to direct effects of the RAMP on G protein-coupling efficiency. ..
- Qi Y, Oldfield B, Clarke I. Projections of RFamide-related peptide-3 neurones in the ovine hypothalamus, with special reference to regions regulating energy balance and reproduction. J Neuroendocrinol. 2009;21:690-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that RFRP-3 neurones project to hypothalamic regions and cells involved in regulation of energy balance and reproduction in the ovine brain...
- Cottle D, McGrath M, Wilding B, Cowling B, Kane J, D Arcy C, et al. SLIMMER (FHL1B/KyoT3) interacts with the proapoptotic protein Siva-1 (CD27BP) and delays skeletal myoblast apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26964-77 pubmed publisher..In skeletal muscle sections from the mdx mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy, SLIMMER and Siva-1 co-localized in the nucleus of apoptotic myofibers. Therefore, SLIMMER may protect skeletal muscle from apoptosis. ..
- Martin K, Corlett A, Dubach D, Mustafa T, Coleman H, Parkington H, et al. Over-expression of RCAN1 causes Down syndrome-like hippocampal deficits that alter learning and memory. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:3025-41 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly suggest that RCAN1 plays an important role in normal brain development and function and its up-regulation likely contributes to the neural deficits associated with DS. ..
- Ng H, Smith D, Nagley P. Application of flow cytometry to determine differential redistribution of cytochrome c and Smac/DIABLO from mitochondria during cell death signaling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42298 pubmed publisher..Moreover, differential redistribution of cyt c and Smac occurs under various conditions, thereby reflecting constraints on availability of these proteins to exit mitochondria after permeabilization of the outer membrane. ..