Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on immunologic memory in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Locale: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Topic: immunologic memory
- Shann F. Heterologous immunity and the nonspecific effects of vaccines: a major medical advance?. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2004;23:555-8 pubmed
- Belz G, Zhang L, Lay M, Kupresanin F, Davenport M. Killer T cells regulate antigen presentation for early expansion of memory, but not naive, CD8+ T cell. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:6341-6 pubmed..The ability of the memory T cells to remove antigen-presenting cells provides a negative-feedback loop to directly limit the duration of antigen presentation in vivo. ..
- Smith C, Wilson N, Waithman J, Villadangos J, Carbone F, Heath W, et al. Cognate CD4(+) T cell licensing of dendritic cells in CD8(+) T cell immunity. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:1143-8 pubmed..In situations in which DCs are poorly licensed by pathogen-derived signals, our findings suggest that CTL immunity may be heavily dependent on cognate DC licensing. ..
- Belz G, Bedoui S, Kupresanin F, Carbone F, Heath W. Minimal activation of memory CD8+ T cell by tissue-derived dendritic cells favors the stimulation of naive CD8+ T cells. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:1060-6 pubmed
- Masson F, Minnich M, Olshansky M, Bilic I, Mount A, Kallies A, et al. Id2-mediated inhibition of E2A represses memory CD8+ T cell differentiation. J Immunol. 2013;190:4585-94 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that the Id2/E2A axis orchestrates T cell differentiation through the induction or repression of downstream transcription factors essential for effector and memory T cell differentiation. ..
- Gugasyan R, Horat E, Kinkel S, Ross F, Grigoriadis G, Gray D, et al. The NF-?B1 transcription factor prevents the intrathymic development of CD8 T cells with memory properties. EMBO J. 2012;31:692-706 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that NF-?B1 regulates multiple events in the thymus that collectively inhibit the excess development of CD8(+) thymocytes with memory cell characteristics. ..
- White J, Cross E, Kedl R. Antigen-inexperienced memory CD8+ T cells: where they come from and why we need them. Nat Rev Immunol. 2017;17:391-400 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we suggest a unifying model for the categorization of antigen-inexperienced memory-phenotype CD8+ T cells...
- Saleh S, Solomon A, Wightman F, Xhilaga M, Cameron P, Lewin S. CCR7 ligands CCL19 and CCL21 increase permissiveness of resting memory CD4+ T cells to HIV-1 infection: a novel model of HIV-1 latency. Blood. 2007;110:4161-4 pubmed..CCR7 ligands facilitate efficient entry of HIV-1 into resting CD4(+) T cells. These studies demonstrate a unique action of the chemokines CCL19 and CCL21 and provide a novel model with which to study HIV-1 latency in vitro. ..
- Gebhardt T, Whitney P, Zaid A, Mackay L, Brooks A, Heath W, et al. Different patterns of peripheral migration by memory CD4+ and CD8+ T cells. Nature. 2011;477:216-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results identify a complexity in memory T-cell migration, illuminating previously unappreciated differences between the CD4(+) and CD8(+) subsets. ..
- Westwood J, Darcy P, Guru P, Sharkey J, Pegram H, Amos S, et al. Three agonist antibodies in combination with high-dose IL-2 eradicate orthotopic kidney cancer in mice. J Transl Med. 2010;8:42 pubmed publisher..The use of combination immunotherapy stimulating multiple facets of immunity and including cytokine support for T cells can induce effective anti-tumor responses against orthotopic and metastatic tumors. ..
- Wakim L, Gupta N, Mintern J, Villadangos J. Enhanced survival of lung tissue-resident memory CD8? T cells during infection with influenza virus due to selective expression of IFITM3. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:238-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, lung T(RM) cells were programmed to retain IFITM3 expression, which facilitated their survival and protection from viral infection during subsequent exposures. ..
- ..In this issue of Immunity, Pipkin et al. (2010) and Kalia et al. (2010) link differential interleukin-2 signaling and inflammation with the transcriptional events leading to the development of effector and memory cells. ..
- Fischer S, Bouillet P, O Donnell K, Light A, Tarlinton D, Strasser A. Proapoptotic BH3-only protein Bim is essential for developmentally programmed death of germinal center-derived memory B cells and antibody-forming cells. Blood. 2007;110:3978-84 pubmed..We have identified for the first time the physiologic mechanisms for killing low-affinity antibody-expressing B cells in an immune response and have shown this to be dependent on the BH3-only protein Bim. ..