Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hela cells in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Locale: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Topic: hela cells
- Yang Z, Kaye D. Mechanistic insights into the link between a polymorphism of the 3'UTR of the SLC7A1 gene and hypertension. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:328-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide novel insights into the mechanism by which ss52051869 influences SLC7A1 gene expression. ..
- Houghton F, Chew P, Lodeho S, Goud B, Gleeson P. The localization of the Golgin GCC185 is independent of Rab6A/A' and Arl1. Cell. 2009;138:787-94 pubmed publisher..Moreover, depletion of both Rab6A/A' and Arl1 also had no effect on the localization of endogenous GCC185 or the isolated GRIP domain of GCC185. ..
- Tu Y, Wu W, Wu T, Cao Z, Wilkins R, Toh B, et al. Antiproliferative autoantigen CDA1 transcriptionally up-regulates p21(Waf1/Cip1) by activating p53 and MEK/ERK1/2 MAPK pathways. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:11722-31 pubmed..We conclude that CDA1 induces p53- and MEK/ERK1/2 MAPK-dependent expression of p21 by acting through the p53 responsive element in the p21 promoter and that this contributes to its antiproliferative activity. ..
- Wormald S, Hilton D, Smyth G, Speed T. Proximal genomic localization of STAT1 binding and regulated transcriptional activity. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:254 pubmed
- Padman B, Nguyen T, Lazarou M. Autophagosome formation and cargo sequestration in the absence of LC3/GABARAPs. Autophagy. 2017;13:772-774 pubmed publisher..The model highlights the importance of ubiquitin signals and autophagy receptors for PINK-PARK2-mediated selectivity rather than Atg8 family-LIR-mediated interactions...
- Johnston A, Hoogenraad J, Dougan D, Truscott K, Yano M, Mori M, et al. Insertion and assembly of human tom7 into the preprotein translocase complex of the outer mitochondrial membrane. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42197-204 pubmed..These results indicate that the levels of Tom22 within mitochondria dictate the assembly of TOM complexes and hence may regulate its biogenesis. ..
- Kooy J, Toh B, Pettitt J, Erlich R, Gleeson P. Human autoantibodies as reagents to conserved Golgi components. Characterization of a peripheral, 230-kDa compartment-specific Golgi protein. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:20255-63 pubmed..We suggest that this peripheral Golgi protein may have a role in the compartment-specific structural organization of the Golgi or in sorting and transport of proteins. ..
- Gleeson P, Anderson T, Stow J, Griffiths G, Toh B, Matheson F. p230 is associated with vesicles budding from the trans-Golgi network. J Cell Sci. 1996;109 ( Pt 12):2811-21 pubmed..As p230 recycles between the cytosol and buds/vesicles of TGN membranes, a process regulated by G proteins, we propose that p230 is involved in the biogenesis of a specific population of non-clathrin coated vesicles. ..
- Iannello R, Kola I, Dahl H. Temporal and tissue-specific interactions involving novel transcription factors and the proximal promoter of the mouse Pdha-2 gene. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:22581-90 pubmed..Our results suggest that 1) the MEP-2 binding factors are temporally regulated during spermatogenesis, and 2) interactions involving these factors with the MEP-2 cis-element may be important for modulating Pdha-2 expression. ..
- Jones K, Karpala A, Hirst B, Jenkins K, Tizard M, Pereira C, et al. Visualising single molecules of HIV-1 and miRNA nucleic acids. BMC Cell Biol. 2013;14:21 pubmed publisher..Additionally, interrogating the conformation and structure of a particular nucleic acid in situ might also be possible, based on the accessibility of a target sequence. ..
- Southon A, Greenough M, Hung Y, Norgate M, Burke R, Camakaris J. The ADP-ribosylation factor 1 (Arf1) is involved in regulating copper uptake. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:146-53 pubmed publisher..Arf1-dependent trafficking pathways are therefore required for optimal copper uptake efficiency in cultured human and Drosophila cells. ..
- Scott N, Giogha C, Pollock G, Kennedy C, Webb A, Williamson N, et al. The bacterial arginine glycosyltransferase effector NleB preferentially modifies Fas-associated death domain protein (FADD). J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17337-17350 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, at normal levels of expression during bacterial infection, NleB1/NleBCR antagonizes death receptor-induced apoptosis of infected cells by modifying FADD in an irreversible manner. ..
- Liu K, Gualano R, Hibbs M, Anderson G, Bozinovski S. Epidermal growth factor receptor signaling to Erk1/2 and STATs control the intensity of the epithelial inflammatory responses to rhinovirus infection. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9977-85 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that targeting EGFR may provide a selective therapy that dampens neutrophil-driven inflammation without compromising essential antiviral pathways mediated by pathogen recognition receptors such as TLR3. ..
- Lieu Z, Derby M, Teasdale R, Hart C, Gunn P, Gleeson P. The golgin GCC88 is required for efficient retrograde transport of cargo from the early endosomes to the trans-Golgi network. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:4979-91 pubmed
- Derby M, Lieu Z, Brown D, Stow J, Goud B, Gleeson P. The trans-Golgi network golgin, GCC185, is required for endosome-to-Golgi transport and maintenance of Golgi structure. Traffic. 2007;8:758-73 pubmed
- Dunster K, Lai F, Sentry J. Limkain b1, a novel human autoantigen localized to a subset of ABCD3 and PXF marked peroxisomes. Clin Exp Immunol. 2005;140:556-63 pubmed..Preliminary results suggest that limkain b1 may be a relatively common target of human autoantibodies reactive to cytoplasmic vesicle-like structures...
- Palmer C, Osellame L, Laine D, Koutsopoulos O, Frazier A, Ryan M. MiD49 and MiD51, new components of the mitochondrial fission machinery. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:565-73 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of MiD49/51 seems to sequester Drp1 from functioning at mitochondria and cause fused tubules to associate with actin. Thus, MiD49/51 are new mediators of mitochondrial division affecting Drp1 action at mitochondria. ..
- Parker S, Meyerowitz J, James J, Liddell J, Crouch P, Kanninen K, et al. Endogenous TDP-43 localized to stress granules can subsequently form protein aggregates. Neurochem Int. 2012;60:415-24 pubmed publisher..This may provide a therapeutic opportunity to inhibit the transition of TDP-43 from SG protein to aggregate...
- Uren R, Dewson G, Bonzon C, Lithgow T, Newmeyer D, Kluck R. Mitochondrial release of pro-apoptotic proteins: electrostatic interactions can hold cytochrome c but not Smac/DIABLO to mitochondrial membranes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2266-74 pubmed
- Baker E, El Osta A. Epigenetic regulation of multidrug resistance 1 gene expression: profiling CpG methylation status using bisulphite sequencing. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;596:183-98 pubmed publisher..The bisulphite sequencing and cloning method allows a precise interpretation of the methylation status of each individual CpG dinucleotide in the MDR1 region. ..
- Lieu Z, Gleeson P. Identification of different itineraries and retromer components for endosome-to-Golgi transport of TGN38 and Shiga toxin. Eur J Cell Biol. 2010;89:379-93 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data have identified different itineraries for the retrograde transport of Shiga toxin and TGN38 and distinct retromer components that regulate the transport of these cargos. ..
- Fu Y, Mukhamedova N, Ip S, D Souza W, Henley K, DiTommaso T, et al. ABCA12 regulates ABCA1-dependent cholesterol efflux from macrophages and the development of atherosclerosis. Cell Metab. 2013;18:225-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, ABCA12 regulates the cellular cholesterol metabolism via an LXR?-dependent posttranscriptional mechanism...
- Derby M, van Vliet C, Brown D, Luke M, Lu L, Hong W, et al. Mammalian GRIP domain proteins differ in their membrane binding properties and are recruited to distinct domains of the TGN. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5865-74 pubmed
- Bukczynska P, Klingler Hoffmann M, Mitchelhill K, Lam M, Ciccomancini M, Tonks N, et al. The T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase is phosphorylated on Ser-304 by cyclin-dependent protein kinases in mitosis. Biochem J. 2004;380:939-49 pubmed..In addition, recombinant CDKs, but not the Polo-like kinase Plk1, phosphorylated Ser-304 in vitro. Our studies identify Ser-304 as a major phosphorylation site in human TCPTP, and the TC45 variant as a novel mitotic CDK substrate. ..
- Stojanovski D, Koutsopoulos O, Okamoto K, Ryan M. Levels of human Fis1 at the mitochondrial outer membrane regulate mitochondrial morphology. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:1201-10 pubmed..These results indicate that the levels of hFis1 at the mitochondrial surface influences mitochondrial fission events and hence overall mitochondrial morphology within the cell. ..
- O Reilly L, Ekert P, Harvey N, Marsden V, Cullen L, Vaux D, et al. Caspase-2 is not required for thymocyte or neuronal apoptosis even though cleavage of caspase-2 is dependent on both Apaf-1 and caspase-9. Cell Death Differ. 2002;9:832-41 pubmed..Caspase-2 processing does not occur in thymocytes lacking Apaf-1 or caspase-9, suggesting that in this cell type, activation of caspase-2 occurs downstream of apoptosome formation. ..