Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on female in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Locale: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- Haeusler G, Thursky K, Mechinaud F, Babl F, de Abreu Lourenco R, Slavin M, et al. Predicting Infectious ComplicatioNs in Children with Cancer: an external validation study. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:171-178 pubmed publisher..Implementation of a low-risk pathway, using the PICNICC CDR after a short period of inpatient observation, is likely to be safe and has the potential to reduce health-care expenditure. ..
- Operario D, Platts Mills J, Nadan S, Page N, Seheri M, Mphahlele J, et al. Etiology of Severe Acute Watery Diarrhea in Children in the Global Rotavirus Surveillance Network Using Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:220-227 pubmed publisher..Norovirus GII, Cryptosporidium, Shigella, ST-ETEC, and adenovirus 40/41 were also important. Prospective surveillance can help identify priorities for further reducing the burden of diarrhea. ..
- Hugrass L, Slavikova J, Horvat M, Musawi A, Crewther D. Temporal brightness illusion changes color perception of "the dress". J Vis. 2017;17:6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that color categorization is influenced substantially by illusory shifts in brightness. ..
- Florindo A, Barrozo L, Cabral Miranda W, Rodrigues E, Turrell G, Goldbaum M, et al. Public Open Spaces and Leisure-Time Walking in Brazilian Adults. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..These results support actions outlined in the new urban plan for Sao Paulo city and could be used to highlight the importance access to a mix of public open spaces to promote physical activity in megacities of middle-income countries. ..
- Dutheil F, Pereira B, Moustafa F, Naughton G, Lesage F, Lambert C. At-risk and intervention thresholds of occupational stress using a visual analogue scale. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178948 pubmed publisher..0 for an at-risk population, and a second cut-off of 8.2 over which an action is urgently required. Future investigations into the relationships between this upper threshold and deleterious events are required. ..
- Altmüller F, Lissewski C, Bertola D, Flex E, Stark Z, Spranger S, et al. Genotype and phenotype spectrum of NRAS germline variants. Eur J Hum Genet. 2017;25:823-831 pubmed publisher..With this report, we expand the genotype and phenotype spectrum of RASopathy-associated germline NRAS variants and provide evidence that NRAS variants do not spare the cancer-associated mutation hotspots. ..
- Grube E, Van Mieghem N, Bleiziffer S, Modine T, Bosmans J, Manoharan G, et al. Clinical Outcomes With a Repositionable Self-Expanding Transcatheter Aortic Valve Prosthesis: The International FORWARD Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:845-853 pubmed publisher..5% of patients. TAVR using the next-generation THV is clinically safe and effective for treating older patients with severe AS at increased operative risk. (CoreValve Evolut R FORWARD Study [FORWARD]; NCT02592369). ..
- McQuilten Z, Bailey M, Cameron P, Stanworth S, Venardos K, Wood E, et al. Fibrinogen concentration and use of fibrinogen supplementation with cryoprecipitate in patients with critical bleeding receiving massive transfusion: a bi-national cohort study. Br J Haematol. 2017;179:131-141 pubmed publisher..The findings indicate areas for practice improvement including timely administration of cryoprecipitate, which is the most common source of concentrated fibrinogen in Australia and New Zealand. ..
- Biddle S, Garcia Bengoechea E, Wiesner G. Sedentary behaviour and adiposity in youth: a systematic review of reviews and analysis of causality. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2017;14:43 pubmed publisher..But claims for 'clear' associations between sedentary behaviour and adiposity in youth, and certainly for causality, are premature or misguided. ..
- Han H, Ha F, Sanders P, Spencer R, Teh A, O Donnell D, et al. Atrioesophageal Fistula: Clinical Presentation, Procedural Characteristics, Diagnostic Investigations, and Treatment Outcomes. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..We sought to characterize the clinical presentation, procedural characteristics, diagnostic investigations, and treatment outcomes of all reported cases of AEF...
- Day F, Thompson D, Helgason H, Chasman D, Finucane H, Sulem P, et al. Genomic analyses identify hundreds of variants associated with age at menarche and support a role for puberty timing in cancer risk. Nat Genet. 2017;49:834-841 pubmed publisher..In aggregate, our findings highlight the complexity of the genetic regulation of puberty timing and support causal links with cancer susceptibility. ..
- Chiang N, Rodda O, Sleigh J, Vasudevan T. Effects of topical negative pressure therapy on tissue oxygenation and wound healing in vascular foot wounds. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:564-571 pubmed publisher..This suggests that TNP may play a role in enhancing wound healing. This study sets the foundation for larger studies to evaluate the superiority of TNP over traditional dressings in high-risk foot wounds. ..
- Oshima M, Deitiker P, Hastings Ison T, Aoki K, Graham H, Atassi M. Antibody responses to botulinum neurotoxin type A of toxin-treated spastic equinus children with cerebral palsy: A randomized clinical trial comparing two injection schedules. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;306:31-39 pubmed publisher..The genetic linkage was on the threshold of corrected significance. ..
- Zheng S, Jin X, Cicuttini F, Wang X, Zhu Z, Wluka A, et al. Maintaining Vitamin D Sufficiency Is Associated with Improved Structural and Symptomatic Outcomes in Knee Osteoarthritis. Am J Med. 2017;130:1211-1218 pubmed publisher..This post hoc analysis suggests beneficial effects of maintaining vitamin D sufficiency on cartilage loss, effusion-synovitis, and physical function in people with knee osteoarthritis. ..
- Goldberg S, Meredith I, Marwick T, Haluska B, Lipiecki J, Siminiak T, et al. A randomized double-blind trial of an interventional device treatment of functional mitral regurgitation in patients with symptomatic congestive heart failure-Trial design of the REDUCE FMR study. Am Heart J. 2017;188:167-174 pubmed publisher..An exercise echo substudy will also be included. ..
- Burgess N, Hourigan L, Zanati S, Brown G, Singh R, Williams S, et al. Risk Stratification for Covert Invasive Cancer Among PatientsÂ Referred for Colonic Endoscopic Mucosal Resection: AÂ Large Multicenter Cohort. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:732-742.e1 pubmed publisher..These findings can be used to inform decisions on which patients should undergo endoscopic submucosal dissection, EMR, or surgery. ClinicalTrials.gov, Number: NCT02000141. ..
- Rakhorst H, Mureau M, Cooter R, McNeil J, Van Hooff M, van Der Hulst R, et al. The new opt-out Dutch National Breast Implant Registry - Lessons learnt from the road to implementation. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2017;70:1354-1360 pubmed publisher..The Dutch consider their experience and data shareware for others to be used globally to the benefit of patient safety and quality improvement. ..
- Bieleninik L, Geretsegger M, MÃ¶ssler K, Assmus J, Thompson G, Gattino G, et al. Effects of Improvisational Music Therapy vs Enhanced Standard Care on Symptom Severity Among Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder: The TIME-A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;318:525-535 pubmed publisher..These findings do not support the use of improvisational music therapy for symptom reduction in children with autism spectrum disorder. isrctn.org Identifier: ISRCTN78923965. ..
- Wang L, Shen J, Cram D, Ma M, Wang H, Zhang W, et al. Preferential selection and transfer of euploid noncarrier embryos in preimplantation genetic diagnosis cycles for reciprocal translocations. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:620-627.e4 pubmed publisher..The method has potential application in clinical PGD cycles for patients with reciprocal translocations or other structural rearrangements. ..
- Jewkes R, Fulu E, Tabassam Naved R, Chirwa E, Dunkle K, Haardörfer R, et al. Women's and men's reports of past-year prevalence of intimate partner violence and rape and women's risk factors for intimate partner violence: A multicountry cross-sectional study in Asia and the Pacific. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002381 pubmed publisher
- Oliver K, Franceschetti S, Milligan C, Muona M, Mandelstam S, Canafoglia L, et al. Myoclonus epilepsy and ataxia due to KCNC1 mutation: Analysis of 20 cases and K+ channel properties. Ann Neurol. 2017;81:677-689 pubmed publisher..1 subunit-containing channels, which would counter the loss of function observed for mutant channels, highlighting KCNC1 as a potential target for precision therapeutics. Ann Neurol 2017;81:677-689. ..
- Chen G, Zhang Y, Zhang W, Li S, Williams G, Marks G, et al. Attributable risks of emergency hospital visits due to air pollutants in China: A multi-city study. Environ Pollut. 2017;228:43-49 pubmed publisher..90% to NO2 and 5.38% to SO2. Exposure to outdoor air pollution has acute effects on EHVs. Effective measures to control air pollution levels in China could potentially reduce demands for emergency hospital services. ..
- Anderson P, Treyvaud K, Neil J, Cheong J, Hunt R, Thompson D, et al. Associations of Newborn Brain Magnetic Resonance Imaging with Long-Term Neurodevelopmental Impairments in Very Preterm Children. J Pediatr. 2017;187:58-65.e1 pubmed publisher..1 points), and motor (-1.9 points) scores independent of the other potential confounders. Structured evaluation of brain MRI at term equivalent is predictive of outcome at 7 years of age, independent of clinical and social factors. ..
- Wette S, Smith H, Lamb G, Murphy R. Characterization of muscle ankyrin repeat proteins in human skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;313:C327-C339 pubmed publisher..It will be necessary to show that the titin-associated Ankrd 2 is modified by stretch in some as-yet-unidentified way, distinct from the diffusible pool, if it is to act as a stretch-sensitive signaling molecule. ..
- van Exel E, Koopman J, Bodegom D, Meij J, Knijff P, Ziem J, et al. Effect of APOE ?4 allele on survival and fertility in an adverse environment. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179497 pubmed publisher..Its adverse associations in affluent modern populations with later onset diseases of aging further characterize APOE-?4 as an example of antagonistic pleiotropy. ..
- Babl F, Dionisio D, DAVENPORT L, Baylis A, Hearps S, Bressan S, et al. Accuracy of Components of SCAT to Identify Children With Concussion. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..There were no significant differences between ULI and Well control groups. Overall, SCAT3 and ChildSCAT3 can differentiate concussed from nonconcussed patients, particularly in symptom number and severity. ..
- McLean A, Stanisic D, McGready R, Chotivanich K, Clapham C, Baiwog F, et al. P. falciparum infection and maternofetal antibody transfer in malaria-endemic settings of varying transmission. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186577 pubmed publisher..Plasmodium falciparum infections may reduce maternofetal antibody transfer efficiency, but mechanisms remain unclear...
- Kurita S, Yano S, Ishii K, Shibata A, Sasai H, Nakata Y, et al. Comparability of activity monitors used in Asian and Western-country studies for assessing free-living sedentary behaviour. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186523 pubmed publisher..For breaks from sedentary time, compared to the AP, both the GT3X+ the ASP can overestimate...
- Chen Yi Mei S, Thompson A, Christensen B, Cunningham G, McDonald L, Bell S, et al. Sustained virological response halts fibrosis progression: A long-term follow-up study of people with chronic hepatitis C infection. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185609 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to identify rates and predictors of liver fibrosis progression in a large, well characterized cohort of CHC patients in whom paired liver fibrosis assessments were performed more than 10 years apart...
- Maas R, Iwanicka Pronicka K, Kalkan Ucar S, Alhaddad B, AlSayed M, Al Owain M, et al. Progressive deafness-dystonia due to SERAC1 mutations: A study of 67 cases. Ann Neurol. 2017;82:1004-1015 pubmed publisher..MEGDHEL syndrome is a progressive deafness-dystonia syndrome with frequent and reversible neonatal liver involvement and a strikingly homogenous course of disease. Ann Neurol 2017;82:1004-1015. ..
- Cooper A, Anderson V, Hearps S, Greenham M, Ditchfield M, Coleman L, et al. Trajectories of Motor Recovery in the First Year After Pediatric Arterial Ischemic Stroke. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that an individualized approach to surveillance and intervention may be needed that is informed in part by age at diagnosis. ..
- Diplock G, Ward J, Stewart S, Scuffham P, Stewart P, Reeve C, et al. The Alice Springs Hospital Readmission Prevention Project (ASHRAPP): a randomised control trial. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:153 pubmed publisher..Australian New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry, ACTRN12615000808549 - Retrospectively registered on 4/8/15. ..
- Yeoh J, Yudi M, Andrianopoulos N, Yan B, Clark D, Duffy S, et al. Evolution of Australian Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (from the Melbourne Interventional Group [MIG] Registry). Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:47-54 pubmed publisher..81, p <0.01) were associated with long-term survival. In conclusion, from 2005 to 2013, we observed a cohort of higher risk clinical and angiographic characteristics, with stable long-term mortality. ..
- Anåker A, von Koch L, Sjöstrand C, Bernhardt J, Elf M. A comparative study of patients' activities and interactions in a stroke unit before and after reconstruction-The significance of the built environment. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177477 pubmed publisher..This research is based on a case study, and although the results should be interpreted with caution, we strongly recommend that environmental considerations be included in future stroke guidelines. ..
- Candido dos Reis F, Lynn S, Ali H, Eccles D, Hanby A, Provenzano E, et al. Crowdsourcing the General Public for Large Scale Molecular Pathology Studies in Cancer. EBioMedicine. 2015;2:681-9 pubmed publisher..Crowdsourced classification of research data may offer a valid solution to problems of throughput requiring human input. ..
- Liddell J, Bain C, Myles P. Patient and community attitudes toward perioperative biobanking and genomic research. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2017;45:384-395 pubmed..Most hospital patients, community members and clinicians are supportive of the development of a perioperative biobank used for genomic research. This supports the adoption of an opt-out approach to consent model. ..
- Bellettiere J, Winkler E, Chastin S, Kerr J, Owen N, Dunstan D, et al. Associations of sitting accumulation patterns with cardio-metabolic risk biomarkers in Australian adults. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180119 pubmed publisher..The findings support sedentary behavior guidelines that promote reducing and regularly interrupting sitting. ..
- Carter D, Choong Y, Connelly A, Bassi J, Hunter N, Thongsepee N, et al. Functional and neurochemical characterization of angiotensin type 1A receptor-expressing neurons in the nucleus of the solitary tract of the mouse. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2017;313:R438-R449 pubmed publisher..These data provide a comprehensive description of AT1AR-expressing neurons in the NTS and increase our understanding of the complex actions of this neuropeptide in the modulation of viscerosensory processing. ..
- Wyckelsma V, Levinger I, McKenna M, Formosa L, Ryan M, Petersen A, et al. Preservation of skeletal muscle mitochondrial content in older adults: relationship between mitochondria, fibre type and high-intensity exercise training. J Physiol. 2017;595:3345-3359 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal (i) a similar amount of mitochondria in muscle from young and healthy older adults and (ii) a robust increase of mitochondrial content following 12 weeks of HIT exercise in older adults. ..
- Bouch S, O Reilly M, de Haan J, Harding R, Sozo F. Does lack of glutathione peroxidase 1 gene expression exacerbate lung injury induced by neonatal hyperoxia in mice?. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L115-L125 pubmed publisher..Increased expression of GPx2-4 and catalase in GPx1-/-Hyp mice suggests gene redundancy within the model. ..
- Richtering S, Morris R, Soh S, Barker A, Bampi F, Neubeck L, et al. Examination of an eHealth literacy scale and a health literacy scale in a population with moderate to high cardiovascular risk: Rasch analyses. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175372 pubmed publisher..Reducing the response categories of these subscales may improve the ability of the HLQ to distinguish between different levels of health literacy. ..
- Wirtz A, Clouse E, Veronese V, Thu K, Naing S, Baral S, et al. New HIV testing technologies in the context of a concentrated epidemic and evolving HIV prevention: qualitative research on HIV self-testing among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Yangon, Myanmar. J Int AIDS Soc. 2017;20:21796 pubmed publisher
- Gane E, Shiffman M, Etzkorn K, Morelli G, Stedman C, Davis M, et al. Sofosbuvir-velpatasvir with ribavirin for 24 weeks in hepatitis C virus patients previously treated with a direct-acting antiviral regimen. Hepatology. 2017;66:1083-1089 pubmed publisher..The most frequently reported adverse events were fatigue, nausea, headache, insomnia, and rash. One patient (1%) with genotype 1a infection discontinued all study drugs due to an adverse event (irritability)...
- McLean A, Boel M, McGready R, Ataide R, Drew D, Tsuboi T, et al. Antibody Responses to Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax and Prospective Risk of Plasmodium spp. Infection Postpartum. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;96:1197-1204 pubmed publisher..Serology may be a useful tool to predict and monitor women at increased risk of P. falciparum infection postpartum, particularly in the absence of a detailed history of retrospective infections. ..
- Chung S, Lewis B, Rogasch N, Saeki T, Thomson R, Hoy K, et al. Demonstration of short-term plasticity in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex with theta burst stimulation: A TMS-EEG study. Clin Neurophysiol. 2017;128:1117-1126 pubmed publisher..Combining TBS with TMS-EEG may be a useful approach to optimise stimulation paradigms prior to the conduct of clinical trials. TBS is able to modulate cortical reactivity and cortical inhibition in the prefrontal cortex. ..
- Olaiya M, Cadilhac D, Kim J, Nelson M, Srikanth V, Andrew N, et al. Long-term unmet needs and associated factors in stroke or TIA survivors: An observational study. Neurology. 2017;89:68-75 pubmed publisher..The factors associated with unmet needs could help guide policy decisions, particularly for tailoring care and support services provided after discharge. ..
- Mitchell P, Al Janabi H, Byford S, Kuyken W, Richardson J, Iezzi A, et al. Assessing the validity of the ICECAP-A capability measure for adults with depression. BMC Psychiatry. 2017;17:46 pubmed publisher..Using a capability perspective when assessing cost-effectiveness could potentially re-orientate resource provision across physical and mental health care services. ..
- Singh J, Dowsey M, Choong P. Patient Endorsement of the Outcome Measures in Rheumatology (OMERACT) Total Joint Replacement (TJR) clinical trial draft core domain set. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017;18:111 pubmed publisher..Patients provided qualitative feedback regarding core domains, and did not propose any modifications to the draft core domain set. Two separate patient stakeholder groups endorsed the OMERACT TJR draft core domain set for TJR trials. ..
- Small W, Bacon M, Bajaj A, Chuang L, Fisher B, Harkenrider M, et al. Cervical cancer: A global health crisis. Cancer. 2017;123:2404-2412 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:2404-12. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Trung N, Hoi L, Thuong N, Toan T, Huong T, Hoa T, et al. Seroprevalence of Scrub Typhus, Typhus, and Spotted Fever Among Rural and Urban Populations of Northern Vietnam. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;96:1084-1087 pubmed publisher..These results provide data on baseline population characteristics that may help inform development of Rickettsia serological testing criteria in future clinical studies. ..
- Bologna M, Bertram K, Paparella G, Papi C, Belvisi D, Conte A, et al. Reversal of long term potentiation-like plasticity in primary motor cortex in patients with progressive supranuclear palsy. Clin Neurophysiol. 2017;128:1547-1552 pubmed publisher..This study provides information for a deeper understanding of the possible pathophysiological mechanisms underlying the altered M1 plasticity in PSP. ..
- Romani L, Whitfeld M, Koroivueta J, Kama M, Wand H, Tikoduadua L, et al. The Epidemiology of Scabies and Impetigo in Relation to Demographic and Residential Characteristics: Baseline Findings from the Skin Health Intervention Fiji Trial. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:845-850 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to investigate whether the decline of endemic scabies would translate into a definite reduction of the burden of associated complications. ..
- Hearne L, Cocchi L, Zalesky A, Mattingley J. Reconfiguration of Brain Network Architectures between Resting-State and Complexity-Dependent Cognitive Reasoning. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8399-8411 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal how flexibility in human brain networks is integral to achieving successful reasoning performance across different levels of cognitive demand. ..
- Midttun Ø, Theofylaktopoulou D, McCann A, Fanidi A, Muller D, Meyer K, et al. Circulating concentrations of biomarkers and metabolites related to vitamin status, one-carbon and the kynurenine pathways in US, Nordic, Asian, and Australian populations. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;105:1314-1326 pubmed publisher..The results provide valuable information about the differences in biomarker concentrations in populations across continents. ..
- Densten I, Borrowman L. Does the implicit models of leadership influence the scanning of other-race faces in adults?. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179058 pubmed publisher..e., eye gaze or movements). Finally, this study confirms that individual ILT factors have a relationship with the eye movements of participants and suggests future research directions. ..
- McCalman J, Heyeres M, Campbell S, Bainbridge R, Chamberlain C, Strobel N, et al. Family-centred interventions by primary healthcare services for Indigenous early childhood wellbeing in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States: a systematic scoping review. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017;17:71 pubmed publisher..Further research pertaining to the role of fathers in family-centred care, and the effects and costs of interventions is needed. ..
- Vogel A, Poole M, Pemberton H, Caverlé M, Boonstra F, Low E, et al. Motor speech signature of behavioral variant frontotemporal dementia: Refining the phenotype. Neurology. 2017;89:837-844 pubmed publisher..Subtle but measurable deficits in prosody are common in bvFTD and should be considered during disease management. Language function correlated with speech timing measures derived from the unprepared monologue only. ..
- Werden E, Cumming T, Li Q, Bird L, Veldsman M, Pardoe H, et al. Structural MRI markers of brain aging early after ischemic stroke. Neurology. 2017;89:116-124 pubmed publisher..Brain structure is likely to be compromised before ischemic stroke by vascular risk factors. Smaller hippocampal and total brain volumes and increased WMH load represent proxies for underlying vascular brain injury. ..
- Tan C, Wong P, Li M, Yang H, Ng L, O Neill S. wMel limits zika and chikungunya virus infection in a Singapore Wolbachia-introgressed Ae. aegypti strain, wMel-Sg. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005496 pubmed publisher..aegypti genetic background. These results also strongly suggest that female Aedes aegypti carrying Wolbachia will have a reduced capacity to transmit ZIKV and CHIKV. ..
- Golder V, Huq M, Franklyn K, Calderone A, Lateef A, Lau C, et al. Does expert opinion match the operational definition of the Lupus Low Disease Activity State (LLDAS)? A case-based construct validity study. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2017;46:798-803 pubmed publisher..Discordance of results suggests that the operational definition of LLDAS is more stringent than expert opinion at defining a low disease activity state. ..
- Sun Y, Mensah F, Azzopardi P, Patton G, Wake M. Childhood Social Disadvantage and Pubertal Timing: A National Birth Cohort From Australia. Pediatrics. 2017;139: pubmed publisher..This may represent 1 mechanism underpinning associations between early life disadvantage and poor health in later life. ..
- Boettiger D, Law M, Dore G, Guy R, Callander D, Donovan B, et al. Hepatitis C testing and re-testing among people attending sexual health services in Australia, and hepatitis C incidence among people with human immunodeficiency virus: analysis of national sentinel surveillance data. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:740 pubmed publisher..Continued monitoring of HCV incidence in this population is essential for guiding both HCV prevention and treatment strategies. ..
- Korda R, Du W, Day C, Page K, Macdonald P, Banks E. Variation in readmission and mortality following hospitalisation with a diagnosis of heart failure: prospective cohort study using linked data. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:220 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that there are limitations in using these outcomes as hospital performance measures in this patient population and support the need for patient-centred strategies to optimise heart failure management and outcomes. ..
- Santen R, Stuenkel C, Davis S, Pinkerton J, Gompel A, Lumsden M. Managing Menopausal Symptoms and Associated Clinical Issues in Breast Cancer Survivors. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:3647-3661 pubmed publisher..Review evidence to guide management of menopausal signs and symptoms in women after breast cancer and make recommendations accordingly...
- Sporik R, Hill D, Hosking C. Specificity of allergen skin testing in predicting positive open food challenges to milk, egg and peanut in children. Clin Exp Allergy. 2000;30:1540-6 pubmed..By utilizing these measurements the need for formal food challenges can be reduced. ..
- Gray A, Soukaloun D, Soumphonphakdy B. A Qualitative Study of Provider Perceptions of Influences on Uptake of Pediatric Hospital Guidelines in Lao PDR. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:602-610 pubmed publisher..It provides novel understanding of why the same intervention may have a differential impact on different clinical conditions. ..
- Yudi M, Hamilton G, Farouque O, Andrianopoulos N, Duffy S, Lefkovits J, et al. Trends and Impact of Door-to-Balloon Time on Clinical Outcomes in Patients Aged <75, 75 to 84, and ?85 Years With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1245-1253 pubmed publisher..Thus assessing whether patients aged ?85 years are suitable for invasive management does not necessarily translate to worse clinical outcomes. ..
- Everitt S, Ball D, Hicks R, Callahan J, Plumridge N, Trinh J, et al. Prospective Study of Serial Imaging Comparing Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Fluorothymidine PET During Radical Chemoradiation for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Reduction of Detectable Proliferation Associated With Worse Surv. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:947-955 pubmed publisher..Baseline FLT, FLTwk2, and FDGwk2 detected rapid distant and locoregional progression in 10 patients (17%), prompting changes in management. ..
- Kuan G, Morris T, Terry P. Effects of music on arousal during imagery in elite shooters: A pilot study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175022 pubmed publisher..Practitioners can apply unfamiliar relaxing and arousing music with imagery to manipulate arousal level. ..
- Khan M, Islam M, Shariff A, Alam M, Rahman M. Socio-demographic predictors and average annual rates of caesarean section in Bangladesh between 2004 and 2014. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177579 pubmed publisher..Very high use of CS among women of relatively high socio-economic status and substantial urban-rural difference call for public awareness and practice guideline enforcement aimed at optimizing the use of CS. ..
- Thomas R, Kelly A, Chan G, Williams J. Linking eating and weight control attitudes to relationship experiences: A large-scale survey of adolescent females. J Adolesc. 2017;58:67-73 pubmed publisher..Family conflict and peer bullying were associated with eating and weight loss attitudes and this association may occur via psychological distress. Early intervention programs may benefit from a focus on family and peer relationships. ..
- Than K, Tin K, La T, Thant K, Myint T, Beeson J, et al. The potential of task shifting selected maternal interventions to auxiliary midwives in Myanmar: a mixed-method study. BMC Public Health. 2018;18:99 pubmed publisher..With the current national government's commitment towards one AMW in one village, this study highlights the potential for shifting specific maternal lifesaving tasks to AMWs. ..