Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cytoplasm in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Locale: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Browne K, Johnstone R, Jans D, Trapani J. Filamin (280-kDa actin-binding protein) is a caspase substrate and is also cleaved directly by the cytotoxic T lymphocyte protease granzyme B during apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:39262-6 pubmed..Thus, filamin is a functionally important substrate for granzyme B, as its cleavage may account at least partly for caspase-independent cell death mediated by the granzyme. ..
- Li D, Jans D, Bardin P, Meanger J, Mills J, Ghildyal R. Association of respiratory syncytial virus M protein with viral nucleocapsids is mediated by the M2-1 protein. J Virol. 2008;82:8863-70 pubmed publisher..The interaction of M2-1 with M and, in particular, the N-terminal region of M may represent a target for novel antivirals that block the association of M with nucleocapsids, thereby inhibiting virus assembly...
- Derby M, van Vliet C, Brown D, Luke M, Lu L, Hong W, et al. Mammalian GRIP domain proteins differ in their membrane binding properties and are recruited to distinct domains of the TGN. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5865-74 pubmed
- Davis A, Perugini M, Smith B, Stewart J, Ilg T, Hodder A, et al. Properties of GDP-mannose pyrophosphorylase, a critical enzyme and drug target in Leishmania mexicana. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12462-8 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide insight into the structure of a novel target for the development of anti-Leishmania drugs...
- Williams R, Senior P, Van Stekelenburg L, Layton J, Smith P, Dziadek M. Stromal interaction molecule 1 (STIM1), a transmembrane protein with growth suppressor activity, contains an extracellular SAM domain modified by N-linked glycosylation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1596:131-7 pubmed..These studies provide the first evidence for an extracellular localisation of a SAM domain within any protein, and the first example of a SAM domain modified by N-linked glycosylation. ..
- Giam M, Mintern J, Rautureau G, Hinds M, Strasser A, Bouillet P. Detection of Bcl-2 family member Bcl-G in mouse tissues using new monoclonal antibodies. Cell Death Dis. 2012;3:e378 pubmed publisher..The Bcl-G monoclonal antibodies represent new tools for studying this protein, using a variety of techniques, including immunoprecipitation and flow cytometry. ..
- Rani V, McCullough M, Chandu A. Assessment of laminin-5 in oral dysplasia and squamous cell carcinoma. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013;71:1873-9 pubmed publisher..The aims of this study were to assess the expression of laminin-5 (?2 chain) using cyclin D1 and Ki-67 in hyperplastic oral mucosal lesions, oral dysplasia, and squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)...
- Bullen H, Tonkin C, O Donnell R, Tham W, Papenfuss A, Gould S, et al. A novel family of Apicomplexan glideosome-associated proteins with an inner membrane-anchoring role. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:25353-63 pubmed publisher..Hence, these proteins are strong candidates for an IMC-anchoring role, either directly or indirectly tethering the motor to the cytoskeleton. ..