Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell division in Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Locale: Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Topic: cell division
- Gargett C, Bucak K, Rogers P. Isolation, characterization and long-term culture of human myometrial microvascular endothelial cells. Hum Reprod. 2000;15:293-301 pubmed..Therefore myometrial MEC are a good model for in-vitro studies of uterine angiogenesis, since they have a stable phenotype and proliferative responsiveness to VEGF and bFGF for up to 14 passages. ..
- Pera M, Bennett W, Cerretti D. CD30 and its ligand: possible role in regulation of teratoma stem cells. APMIS. 1998;106:169-72; discussion 173 pubmed..CD30 and its ligand are candidate stem cell identity factors, juxtacrine regulators whose sole function is to identify a cell's position in a developmental hierarchy. ..
- Miyazaki K, Isbel N, Lan H, Hattori M, Ito K, Bacher M, et al. Up-regulation of macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF) and migration inhibitory factor (MIF) expression and monocyte recruitment during lipid-induced glomerular injury in the exogenous hypercholesterolaemic (ExHC) rat. Clin Exp Immunol. 1997;108:318-23 pubmed..This is the first study to implicate local synthesis of MIF in the pathogenesis of lipid-induced lesions. ..
- Le Meur Y, Jose M, Mu W, Atkins R, Chadban S. Macrophage colony-stimulating factor expression and macrophage accumulation in renal allograft rejection. Transplantation. 2002;73:1318-24 pubmed..The kinetics of M-CSF production during acute rejection suggest that local macrophage proliferation may be initiated by T cells and perpetuated by both renal tubular and autocrine release. ..
- Parish C, Finkelstein D, Tripanichkul W, Satoskar A, Drago J, Horne M. The role of interleukin-1, interleukin-6, and glia in inducing growth of neuronal terminal arbors in mice. J Neurosci. 2002;22:8034-41 pubmed..This study demonstrates that these cytokines play an important role in plasticity and regeneration that is separate from the inflammatory response associated with brain injury. ..
- Ikezumi Y, Hurst L, Masaki T, Atkins R, Nikolic Paterson D. Adoptive transfer studies demonstrate that macrophages can induce proteinuria and mesangial cell proliferation. Kidney Int. 2003;63:83-95 pubmed..Therefore, an adoptive transfer approach was used to directly assess the potential of macrophages to induce renal injury...
- Kitching A, Turner A, Semple T, Li M, Edgtton K, Wilson G, et al. Experimental autoimmune anti-glomerular basement membrane glomerulonephritis: a protective role for IFN-gamma. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:1764-74 pubmed..They lend weight to the hypothesis that depending on the context/severity of the nephritogenic immune response IFN-gamma has different effects...
- D Amore A, Black M, Thomas W. The angiotensin II type 2 receptor causes constitutive growth of cardiomyocytes and does not antagonize angiotensin II type 1 receptor-mediated hypertrophy. Hypertension. 2005;46:1347-54 pubmed..Thus, the AT2 receptor promotes ligand-independent, constitutive cardiomyocyte hypertrophy and does not directly antagonize the AT1 receptor in this setting. ..