Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Locale: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Publications501 found, 100 shown here
- Pepe S. Dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids and age-related membrane changes in the heart. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1114:381-8 pubmed..Such pervasive treatment results in manipulation of cellular function at multiple levels from cell membrane to the genome. ..
- Scardino A, Guenther J, de Nys R. Attachment point theory revisited: the fouling response to a microtextured matrix. Biofouling. 2008;24:45-53 pubmed..This study reinforces the potential of using attachment points to develop surfaces with increased fouling resistance or, alternatively, surfaces which promote the attachment of selected target sizes of motile propagules or larvae. ..
- Walker F, Zhang H, Matthews V, Weinstock J, Nice E, Ernst M, et al. IL6/sIL6R complex contributes to emergency granulopoietic responses in G-CSF- and GM-CSF-deficient mice. Blood. 2008;111:3978-85 pubmed..NPA production by mice defective for both G-CSF and GM-CSF uncovers an alternative pathway to granulocyte production, which is activated after exposure to pathogens. ..
- Westwood J, Murray W, Trivett M, Shin A, Neeson P, MacGregor D, et al. Absence of retroviral vector-mediated transformation of gene-modified T cells after long-term engraftment in mice. Gene Ther. 2008;15:1056-66 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that the use of retroviral vectors to transduce T cells does not lead to malignant transformation. ..
- Jaworowski A, Fernandes L, Yosaatmadja F, Feng G, Mwapasa V, Molyneux M, et al. Relationship between human immunodeficiency virus type 1 coinfection, anemia, and levels and function of antibodies to variant surface antigens in pregnancy-associated malaria. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2009;16:312-9 pubmed publisher..In multigravid pregnant women with malaria, impaired serum opsonic activity may contribute to anemia and possibly to the decreased immunity to pregnancy-associated malaria associated with HIV-1. ..
- McKenzie M, Jamieson E, Jansen E, Scott C, Huang D, Bouillet P, et al. Glucose induces pancreatic islet cell apoptosis that requires the BH3-only proteins Bim and Puma and multi-BH domain protein Bax. Diabetes. 2010;59:644-52 pubmed publisher..These results implicate the Bcl-2 regulated apoptotic pathway in glucose-induced islet cell killing and indicate points in the pathway at which interventional strategies can be designed. ..
- Osborne N, Koplin J, Martin P, Gurrin L, Lowe A, Matheson M, et al. Prevalence of challenge-proven IgE-mediated food allergy using population-based sampling and predetermined challenge criteria in infants. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;127:668-76.e1-2 pubmed publisher..Several indicators suggest that food allergy in infants is common and possibly increasing. Few studies have used oral food challenge to measure this phenomenon at the population level...
- Nicholls C, Li H, Liu J. GAPDH: a common enzyme with uncommon functions. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2012;39:674-9 pubmed publisher..The present mini review summarizes recent findings relating to the extraglycolytic functions of GAPDH and highlights the significant role this enzyme plays in regulating both cell survival and apoptotic death. ..
- Opie N, Greferath U, Vessey K, Burkitt A, Meffin H, Grayden D, et al. Retinal prosthesis safety: alterations in microglia morphology due to thermal damage and retinal implant contact. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:7802-12 pubmed publisher..1 °C) and to comply with international standards for implantable devices (2 °C). ..
- Hooper S, Polglase G, Roehr C. Cardiopulmonary changes with aeration of the newborn lung. Paediatr Respir Rev. 2015;16:147-50 pubmed publisher..Clinical studies are needed to demonstrate whether the obvious benefits of delaying cord clamping until breathing commences hold true in human babies. ..
- Manning E, Halberstadt A, van den Buuse M. BDNF-Deficient Mice Show Reduced Psychosis-Related Behaviors Following Chronic Methamphetamine. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2016;19: pubmed publisher..This suggests that brain-derived neurotrophic factor signalling changes may contribute to development of psychosis in methamphetamine users. ..
- Ramiscal R, Parish I, Lee Young R, Babon J, Blagih J, Pratama A, et al. Attenuation of AMPK signaling by ROQUIN promotes T follicular helper cell formation. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..We therefore unexpectedly uncover a ROQUIN-AMPK metabolic signaling nexus essential for selectively promoting Tfh responses. ..
- Sporik R, Hill D, Hosking C. Specificity of allergen skin testing in predicting positive open food challenges to milk, egg and peanut in children. Clin Exp Allergy. 2000;30:1540-6 pubmed..By utilizing these measurements the need for formal food challenges can be reduced. ..
- Cowman A, Crabb B. The Plasmodium falciparum genome--a blueprint for erythrocyte invasion. Science. 2002;298:126-8 pubmed..The genome sequence of this parasite reveals new gene families encoding proteins that appear to mediate erythrocyte invasion. ..
- McKinley M, Johnson A. The physiological regulation of thirst and fluid intake. News Physiol Sci. 2004;19:1-6 pubmed..Neural signals arising from osmotic and hormonal influences on the lamina terminalis may be integrated within the brain, with afferent information relayed from intrathoracic baroreceptors via the hindbrain to generate thirst. ..
- Villunger A, Marsden V, Zhan Y, Erlacher M, Lew A, Bouillet P, et al. Negative selection of semimature CD4(+)8(-)HSA+ thymocytes requires the BH3-only protein Bim but is independent of death receptor signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:7052-7 pubmed..These results reveal the mechanisms of apoptosis in negative selection of semimature thymocytes and have implications for immunological tolerance and autoimmunity. ..
- Douglas G, O Bryan M, Hedger M, Lee D, Yarski M, Smith A, et al. The novel angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) homolog, ACE2, is selectively expressed by adult Leydig cells of the testis. Endocrinology. 2004;145:4703-11 pubmed..These data suggest that ACE2 is a constitutive product of adult-type Leydig cells and may participate in the control of testicular function by as yet unknown mechanisms. ..
- Sloan E, Stanley K, Anderson R. Caveolin-1 inhibits breast cancer growth and metastasis. Oncogene. 2004;23:7893-7 pubmed..This study provides the first functional evidence that caveolin-1 regulates primary breast tumor growth and spontaneous metastasis of breast cancer. ..
- Satchell J, Malby R, Luo C, Adisa A, Alpyurek A, Klonis N, et al. Structure of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase from Plasmodium falciparum. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2005;61:1213-21 pubmed
- Gantois I, Fang K, Jiang L, Babovic D, Lawrence A, Ferreri V, et al. Ablation of D1 dopamine receptor-expressing cells generates mice with seizures, dystonia, hyperactivity, and impaired oral behavior. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:4182-7 pubmed..In addition, the findings of this study support the notion that Drd1a and Drd2 are segregated on striatal projection neurons. ..
- Loeliger M, Briscoe T, Rees S. BDNF increases survival of retinal dopaminergic neurons after prenatal compromise. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:1282-9 pubmed publisher..Alterations to BDNF levels may underlie reductions in dopaminergic amacrine cells observed after CPI. The addition of BDNF has the potential to increase survival and neurite growth of dopaminergic amacrine cells. ..
- O Neill B, Croft R, Nathan P. The loudness dependence of the auditory evoked potential (LDAEP) as an in vivo biomarker of central serotonergic function in humans: rationale, evaluation and review of findings. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2008;23:355-70 pubmed publisher..However the LDAEP shows more promise as a potential predictor of antidepressant treatment response and this predictive ability may provide the basis for future research involving the LDAEP. ..
- Dow L, Elsum I, King C, Kinross K, Richardson H, Humbert P. Loss of human Scribble cooperates with H-Ras to promote cell invasion through deregulation of MAPK signalling. Oncogene. 2008;27:5988-6001 pubmed publisher..Our data identify Scribble as an important mediator of MAPK signalling and provide a molecular basis for the observation that Scribble expression is decreased in many invasive human cancers. ..
- Boon W, van den Buuse M, Wegener N, Martin S, Chua H, Bush A, et al. Behavioural phenotype of APPC100.V717F transgenic mice over-expressing a mutant Abeta-bearing fragment is associated with reduced NMDA receptor density. Behav Brain Res. 2010;209:27-35 pubmed publisher..These transgenic mice may be a model for the psychotic features associated with early Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Dudhani R, Turnidge J, Nation R, Li J. fAUC/MIC is the most predictive pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic index of colistin against Acinetobacter baumannii in murine thigh and lung infection models. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010;65:1984-90 pubmed publisher..Amplification of resistant subpopulations indicates the importance of investigating rational combinations with colistin. The results will facilitate efforts to optimize colistin use in humans. ..
- Dunse K, Stevens J, Lay F, Gaspar Y, Heath R, Anderson M. Coexpression of potato type I and II proteinase inhibitors gives cotton plants protection against insect damage in the field. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:15011-5 pubmed publisher..Better crop protection thus is achieved using combinations of inhibitors in which one class of proteinase inhibitor is used to match the genetic capacity of an insect to adapt to a second class of proteinase inhibitor. ..
- Parkinson J, Samiric T, Ilic M, Cook J, Handley C. Involvement of proteoglycans in tendinopathy. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2011;11:86-93 pubmed
- Triglia T, Chen L, Lopaticki S, Dekiwadia C, Riglar D, Hodder A, et al. Plasmodium falciparum merozoite invasion is inhibited by antibodies that target the PfRh2a and b binding domains. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002075 pubmed publisher..This region of PfRh2a and PfRh2b has potential in a combination vaccine with other erythrocyte binding ligands for induction of antibodies that would block a broad range of invasion pathways for P. falciparum into human erythrocytes. ..
- Rezaei H, Kamato D, Ansari G, Osman N, Little P. Cell biology of Smad2/3 linker region phosphorylation in vascular smooth muscle. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2012;39:661-7 pubmed publisher..In the present review, we describe TGF-? signalling through Smad2/3 and the importance of the linker region in the regulation and expression of genes induced by TGF-? superfamily ligands in the context of vascular smooth muscle. ..
- Cheasley D, Pereira L, Lightowler S, Vincan E, Malaterre J, Ramsay R. Myb controls intestinal stem cell genes and self-renewal. Stem Cells. 2011;29:2042-50 pubmed publisher..Self-renewal assays using organoid cultures and inducible Myb knockout studies further highlighted the dependence of ISC on Myb consistent with role in other stem cell-containing tissues. ..
- Yu H, Lindsay J, Feng Z, Frankenberg S, Hu Y, Carone D, et al. Evolution of coding and non-coding genes in HOX clusters of a marsupial. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:251 pubmed publisher..The sequencing of the kangaroo genome provides an opportunity to use comparative analyses to compare the HOX clusters of a mammal with a distinct body plan to those of other mammals...
- Forbes J, Ke B, Nguyen T, Henstridge D, Penfold S, Laskowski A, et al. Deficiency in mitochondrial complex I activity due to Ndufs6 gene trap insertion induces renal disease. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2013;19:331-43 pubmed publisher..These studies identify for the first time that complex I deficiency as the result of interruption of Ndufs6 is an independent cause of renal impairment. ..
- Anderson W, Ramsey D, Takata M. Development of hypertension from unilateral renal artery stenosis in conscious dogs. Hypertension. 1990;16:441-51 pubmed..Thus, the hypertension was due at all times to reduced peripheral conductance, with the two kidneys responsible for 40% of this reduced conductance. ..
- Gaudet E, Godwin S, Head G. Effects of central infusion of ANG II and losartan on the cardiac baroreflex in rabbits. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2000;278:H558-66 pubmed..These data demonstrate a novel long-term modulation of cardiac baroreflexes by endogenous ANG II that is independent of blood pressure level...
- Jose M, Le Meur Y, Atkins R, Chadban S. Blockade of macrophage colony-stimulating factor reduces macrophage proliferation and accumulation in renal allograft rejection. Am J Transplant. 2003;3:294-300 pubmed..This pathway plays a significant and specific role in the accumulation of macrophages within a rejecting renal allograft. ..
- Tomiyama H, Hutson J, Truong A, Agoulnik A. Transabdominal testicular descent is disrupted in mice with deletion of insulinlike factor 3 receptor. J Pediatr Surg. 2003;38:1793-8 pubmed..No differences between D 30 mutant males and females were found in the gubernacula, suggesting that Insl3/Great signaling regulates gubernacular development. ..
- Davis A, Perugini M, Smith B, Stewart J, Ilg T, Hodder A, et al. Properties of GDP-mannose pyrophosphorylase, a critical enzyme and drug target in Leishmania mexicana. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12462-8 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide insight into the structure of a novel target for the development of anti-Leishmania drugs...
- Bukczynska P, Klingler Hoffmann M, Mitchelhill K, Lam M, Ciccomancini M, Tonks N, et al. The T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase is phosphorylated on Ser-304 by cyclin-dependent protein kinases in mitosis. Biochem J. 2004;380:939-49 pubmed..In addition, recombinant CDKs, but not the Polo-like kinase Plk1, phosphorylated Ser-304 in vitro. Our studies identify Ser-304 as a major phosphorylation site in human TCPTP, and the TC45 variant as a novel mitotic CDK substrate. ..
- Pinnamaneni S, Southgate R, Febbraio M, Watt M. Stearoyl CoA desaturase 1 is elevated in obesity but protects against fatty acid-induced skeletal muscle insulin resistance in vitro. Diabetologia. 2006;49:3027-37 pubmed..SCD1 protects from cellular toxicity in L6 myotubes by preventing excessive accumulation of bioactive lipid metabolites. ..
- Harnaen E, Na A, Shenker N, Sourial M, Farmer P, Southwell B, et al. The anatomy of the cremaster muscle during inguinoscrotal testicular descent in the rat. J Pediatr Surg. 2007;42:1982-7 pubmed..The cremaster muscle appears to differentiate from the gubernacular tip during elongation to the scrotum, and requires intact sensory innervation and androgen. ..
- Maier A, Cooke B, Cowman A, Tilley L. Malaria parasite proteins that remodel the host erythrocyte. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2009;7:341-54 pubmed publisher..We review these developments, focusing on parasite proteins that interact with the erythrocyte membrane skeleton or that promote delivery of the major virulence protein, PfEMP1, to the erythrocyte membrane. ..
- Kazutaka S, Winnall W, Muir J, Hedger M. Regulation of Sertoli cell activin A and inhibin B by tumour necrosis factor ? and interleukin 1?: interaction with follicle-stimulating hormone/adenosine 3',5'-cyclic phosphate signalling. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;335:195-203 pubmed publisher..It is anticipated that these interactions play important roles in the fine control of events during the cycle of the seminiferous epithelium and in the inhibition of spermatogenesis during inflammation. ..
- Chambers J, Lindqvist L, Savage G, Rizzacasa M. Total synthesis of a biotinylated rocaglate: Selective targeting of the translation factors eIF4AI/II. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:262-264 pubmed publisher..This remarkable selectivity is in line with that found for the more complex rocaglate silvestrol (3). ..
- Coleman H, Tare M, Parkington H. K+ currents underlying the action of endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor in guinea-pig, rat and human blood vessels. J Physiol. 2001;531:359-73 pubmed..These conclusions are likely to apply to a variety of blood vessels including those of humans. ..
- Sunn N, McKinley M, Oldfield B. Identification of efferent neural pathways from the lamina terminalis activated by blood-borne relaxin. J Neuroendocrinol. 2001;13:432-7 pubmed..v. infusion of relaxin. These data support a role for relaxin acting on the brain to regulate body fluid and electrolyte homeostasis by activating neural pathways subserving water drinking, vasopressin and oxytocin secretion. ..
- Dyer C, Zhan Y, Brady J, Carbone F, Smyth M, Lew A. Unexpectedly, induction of cytotoxic T lymphocytes enhances the humoral response after DNA immunization. Blood. 2004;103:3073-5 pubmed..Our finding of CTL-mediated antibody enhancement has important implications for tumor and viral immunobiology and vaccination. ..
- Pham S, Hong M, Teague J, Hutson J. Is the testis intraperitoneal?. Pediatr Surg Int. 2005;21:231-9 pubmed..The apparent discrepancy between the adult testis being intraperitoneal or extraperitoneal is likely to result from differences in the relative size of the tunica vaginalis between infant boys and elderly men. ..
- Derby M, Gleeson P. New insights into membrane trafficking and protein sorting. Int Rev Cytol. 2007;261:47-116 pubmed..In this review we will focus on the emerging themes of organelle identity, membrane subdomains, regulation of Golgi trafficking, and advances in dissecting pathways in physiological systems. ..
- Woollard D, Haqshenas G, Dong X, Pratt B, Kent S, Gowans E. Virus-specific T-cell immunity correlates with control of GB virus B infection in marmosets. J Virol. 2008;82:3054-60 pubmed..These results indicate that virus-specific T-cell responses are detectable in the liver and blood of GBV-B-infected marmosets and that the clearance of GBV-B is associated with the appearance of these responses...
- Song J, Tan H, Perry A, Akutsu T, Webb G, Whisstock J, et al. PROSPER: an integrated feature-based tool for predicting protease substrate cleavage sites. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50300 pubmed publisher..It is freely available at http://lightning.med.monash.edu.au/PROSPER/. ..
- Hill R, Wu Y, Gogos A, van den Buuse M. Sex-dependent alterations in BDNF-TrkB signaling in the hippocampus of reelin heterozygous mice: a role for sex steroid hormones. J Neurochem. 2013;126:389-99 pubmed publisher..These data may provide a better understanding of the interaction of Reelin and BDNF in the hippocampus, which may be involved in schizophrenia. ..
- Giam B, Chu P, Kuruppu S, Smith A, Horlock D, Kiriazis H, et al. N-acetylcysteine attenuates the development of cardiac fibrosis and remodeling in a mouse model of heart failure. Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..This study provides the basis to investigate the role ofN-acetylcysteine in chronic heart failure. ..
- Kelleher M, Bacic A, Handman E. Identification of a macrophage-binding determinant on lipophosphoglycan from Leishmania major promastigotes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:6-10 pubmed..3, suggesting that P5b is a site of L. major LPG that is recognized by macrophage receptor(s) and is an important determinant in the attachment of promastigotes to host macrophages and initiation of infection. ..
- Duncan J, Cock M, Scheerlinck J, Westcott K, McLean C, Harding R, et al. White matter injury after repeated endotoxin exposure in the preterm ovine fetus. Pediatr Res. 2002;52:941-9 pubmed..Thus, repeated exposure of the preterm ovine fetus to LPS causes neuropathology resembling that of cerebral palsy and provides a robust model for exploring the etiology, prevention, and treatment of white matter damage. ..
- Trapani J, Sutton V, Thia K, Li Y, Froelich C, Jans D, et al. A clathrin/dynamin- and mannose-6-phosphate receptor-independent pathway for granzyme B-induced cell death. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:223-33 pubmed..Entry of granzyme B into target cells and its intracellular trafficking to induce target cell death in the presence of perforin are therefore not critically dependent on MPR or clathrin/dynamin-dependent endocytosis. ..
- Matheson M, Dharmage S, Forbes A, Raven J, Woods R, Thien F, et al. Residential characteristics predict changes in Der p 1, Fel d 1 and ergosterol but not fungi over time. Clin Exp Allergy. 2003;33:1281-8 pubmed..Ergosterol levels were reduced by removing visible mould and fitted carpet. These findings provide evidence to support current advice with regard to allergen avoidance in patients with dust mite and fungal allergies. ..
- Baker M, Lane D, Ly J, De Pinto V, Lawen A. VDAC1 is a transplasma membrane NADH-ferricyanide reductase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4811-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that a major function of VDAC1 in the plasma membrane is that of a NADH(-ferricyanide) reductase that may be involved in the maintenance of cellular redox homeostasis. ..
- Winkel K, Tibballs J, Molenaar P, Lambert G, Coles P, Ross Smith M, et al. Cardiovascular actions of the venom from the Irukandji (Carukia barnesi) jellyfish: effects in human, rat and guinea-pig tissues in vitro and in pigs in vitro. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2005;32:777-88 pubmed..The venom may also contain a 'direct' vasoconstrictor component. These observations explain, at least in part, the clinical features of the potentially deadly Irukandji syndrome. ..
- McMullen J, Amirahmadi F, Woodcock E, Schinke Braun M, Bouwman R, Hewitt K, et al. Protective effects of exercise and phosphoinositide 3-kinase(p110alpha) signaling in dilated and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:612-7 pubmed..Identification of genes important for hypertrophy in the athlete's heart could offer new strategies for treating heart failure. ..
- Ek E, Dass C, Contreras K, Choong P. Pigment epithelium-derived factor overexpression inhibits orthotopic osteosarcoma growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Cancer Gene Ther. 2007;14:616-26 pubmed..05). Therefore, together these results suggest that PEDF may be a new and promising approach for the treatment of osteosarcoma. ..
- Tchoua U, D Souza W, Mukhamedova N, Blum D, Niesor E, Mizrahi J, et al. The effect of cholesteryl ester transfer protein overexpression and inhibition on reverse cholesterol transport. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;77:732-9 pubmed..Cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) has a well-established role in lipoprotein metabolism, but the effect of its overexpression or inhibition on the efficiency of reverse cholesterol transport (RCT) is unclear...
- Topcic D, Kim W, Holien J, Jia F, Armstrong P, Hohmann J, et al. An activation-specific platelet inhibitor that can be turned on/off by medically used hypothermia. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:2015-23 pubmed publisher..In particular, this drug steerability may provide substantial benefits for antiplatelet therapy. ..
- Ludbrook L, Bernard P, Bagheri Fam S, Ryan J, Sekido R, Wilhelm D, et al. Excess DAX1 leads to XY ovotesticular disorder of sex development (DSD) in mice by inhibiting steroidogenic factor-1 (SF1) activation of the testis enhancer of SRY-box-9 (Sox9). Endocrinology. 2012;153:1948-58 pubmed publisher..In cultured cells, increasing levels of DAX1 antagonized SF1-, SF1/SRY-, and SF1/SOX9-mediated activation of TES, due to reduced binding of SF1 to TES, providing a likely mechanism for DSS. ..
- Smith J, Spencer S. Preweaning over- and underfeeding alters onset of puberty in the rat without affecting kisspeptin. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:145, 1-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings show early life underfeeding in males and overfeeding in females significantly affects puberty onset, altering steroid hormone concentrations in males, but this is not related to changes in hypothalamic kisspeptin. ..
- Guarnaccia T, Carolan L, Maurer Stroh S, Lee R, Job E, Reading P, et al. Antigenic drift of the pandemic 2009 A(H1N1) influenza virus in A ferret model. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003354 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the potential changes in receptor binding properties that accompany antigenic changes highlight the importance of routine characterization of clinical samples in human A(H1N1)pdm09 influenza surveillance. ..
- Chen Y, Bui A, Diesch J, Manasseh R, Hausding C, Rivera J, et al. A novel mouse model of atherosclerotic plaque instability for drug testing and mechanistic/therapeutic discoveries using gene and microRNA expression profiling. Circ Res. 2013;113:252-65 pubmed publisher..Distinctly expressed genes and miRs can be linked to plaque instability. ..
- Read M, Liu D, Duong C, Cullinane C, Murray W, Fennell C, et al. Intramuscular Transplantation Improves Engraftment Rates for Esophageal Patient-Derived Tumor Xenografts. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:305-11 pubmed publisher..It is hoped that this advancement will help expedite the development and testing of new therapies for esophageal cancer. ..
- Moulay G, Ohtani T, Ogut O, Guenzel A, Behfar A, Zakeri R, et al. Cardiac AAV9 Gene Delivery Strategies in Adult Canines: Assessment by Long-term Serial SPECT Imaging of Sodium Iodide Symporter Expression. Mol Ther. 2015;23:1211-1221 pubmed publisher..These data are relevant to efforts to develop cardiac gene delivery as heart failure therapy. ..
- Bazzocco S, Dopeso H, Cartón García F, Macaya I, Andretta E, Chionh F, et al. Highly Expressed Genes in Rapidly Proliferating Tumor Cells as New Targets for Colorectal Cancer Treatment. Clin Cancer Res. 2015;21:3695-704 pubmed publisher..We have characterized at the transcriptomic level the differences between colorectal cancer cells that vary in their growth rates, and identified novel candidate chemotherapeutic targets for the treatment of colorectal cancer. ..
- Knight K, Kawabata H, Coe S, Martin T, Angus J, O Brien B. The salvage of rabbit ischaemic epigastric free flaps using the vasodilator calcitonin gene-related peptide. Br J Plast Surg. 1990;43:447-51 pubmed..CGRP must have several, as yet undefined, beneficial effects on the ischaemic tissue, since MCh invoked a vasodilatory response but failed to salvage ischaemic flaps...
- Gao Y, Short R. Fertility control in laboratory rats and mice after feeding with the antigestagen RU486. J Reprod Fertil. 1994;101:477-81 pubmed..The treatment period was therefore reduced to 3 days every 18 days and no more litters were produced and none of the treated females was pregnant at autopsy.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Strasser A, Elefanty A, Harris A, Cory S. Progenitor tumours from Emu-bcl-2-myc transgenic mice have lymphomyeloid differentiation potential and reveal developmental differences in cell survival. EMBO J. 1996;15:3823-34 pubmed..These results provide insight into the process of lineage commitment and suggest new levels of control of cell survival during early steps in haemopoietic development. ..
- Ikegame M, Rakopoulos M, Martin T, Moseley J, Findlay D. Effects of continuous calcitonin treatment on osteoclast-like cell development and calcitonin receptor expression in mouse bone marrow cultures. J Bone Miner Res. 1996;11:456-65 pubmed
- Scarff K, Judd L, Toh B, Gleeson P, van Driel I. Gastric H(+),K(+)-adenosine triphosphatase beta subunit is required for normal function, development, and membrane structure of mouse parietal cells. Gastroenterology. 1999;117:605-18 pubmed..We have produced mice deficient in the H(+),K(+)-ATPase beta subunit to determine the role of the protein in the biosynthesis of this membrane system and the biology of gastric mucosa...
- Choo K. Domain organization at the centromere and neocentromere. Dev Cell. 2001;1:165-77 pubmed..Studies in different organisms point to a model of conserved pattern of organization for these domains. ..
- Norman M, Lew R, Smith A, Hickey M. Metalloendopeptidases EC 22.214.171.124/16 regulate bradykinin activity in the cerebral microvasculature. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003;284:H1942-8 pubmed..These findings provide the first evidence of an in vivo role for EP 24.15/EP 24.16 in brain function, specifically in regulating alterations in microvessel permeability induced by exogenous bradykinin. ..
- Tarlac V, Storey E. Role of proteolysis in polyglutamine disorders. J Neurosci Res. 2003;74:406-16 pubmed..Inhibition of specific proteases constitutes a potential therapeutic approach in these diseases...
- Ritchie R, Rosenkranz A, Huynh L, Stephenson T, Kaye D, Dusting G. Activation of IP prostanoid receptors prevents cardiomyocyte hypertrophy via cAMP-dependent signaling. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2004;287:H1179-85 pubmed..01, n = 5). Activation of IP receptors thus represents a novel approach to prevention of hypertrophy, and this effect is linked to cAMP-dependent signaling. ..
- Loveland K, Hogarth C, Szczepny A, Prabhu S, Jans D. Expression of nuclear transport importins beta 1 and beta 3 is regulated during rodent spermatogenesis. Biol Reprod. 2006;74:67-74 pubmed..The contrasting expression patterns of importins beta 1 and 3 identify them as candidates for regulating nuclear access of factors required for developmental switches. ..
- Belz G, Wilson N, Kupresanin F, Mount A, Smith C. Shaping naive and memory CD8+ T cell responses in pathogen infections through antigen presentation. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007;590:31-42 pubmed