Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Locale: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications206 found, 100 shown here
- Ohnesorg T, Keller B, Hrabe de Angelis M, Adamski J. Transcriptional regulation of human and murine 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type-7 confers its participation in cholesterol biosynthesis. J Mol Endocrinol. 2006;37:185-97 pubmed..The results of our study provide unequivocal evidence for a role of HSD17B7 in cholesterol biosynthesis. ..
- Pitson S, D Andrea R, Vandeleur L, Moretti P, Xia P, Gamble J, et al. Human sphingosine kinase: purification, molecular cloning and characterization of the native and recombinant enzymes. Biochem J. 2000;350 Pt 2:429-41 pubmed..In all cases, both the native and recombinant SKs displayed remarkably similar properties, indicating that post-translational modifications are not required for basal activity of human SK. ..
- Shahid M, Dhillon V, Aslam M, Husain S. Three new novel point mutations localized within and downstream of high-mobility group-box region in SRY gene in three Indian females with Turner syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:2429-35 pubmed..Lack of a second sex chromosome in a majority of cells [mosaic karyotype and mutation(s) in the SRY gene] in these patients may have triggered the short stature. ..
- Heron S, Dibbens L. Role of PRRT2 in common paroxysmal neurological disorders: a gene with remarkable pleiotropy. J Med Genet. 2013;50:133-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the PRRT2 protein may play a role in this process. However, the molecular mechanisms underlying the remarkable pleiotropy associated with PRRT2 mutations have still to be determined. ..
- Gedeon A, Tiller G, Le Merrer M, Heuertz S, Tranebjaerg L, Chitayat D, et al. The molecular basis of X-linked spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia tarda. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;68:1386-97 pubmed..Appropriate lifestyle decisions and, eventually, perhaps, specific SEDL therapies may ameliorate the prognosis of premature osteoarthritis and the need for hip arthroplasty. ..
- Ballard F, Johnson R, Owens P, Francis G, Upton F, McMurtry J, et al. Chicken insulin-like growth factor-I: amino acid sequence, radioimmunoassay, and plasma levels between strains and during growth. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 1990;79:459-68 pubmed..These effects are very similar to those described for mammals and strongly suggest that the regulation of IGF-I is conserved during evolution, notwithstanding the lower plasma concentrations of the growth factor in chickens. ..
- Liston A, Kohler R, Townley S, Haylock Jacobs S, Comerford I, Caon A, et al. Inhibition of CCR6 function reduces the severity of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis via effects on the priming phase of the immune response. J Immunol. 2009;182:3121-30 pubmed publisher..This was accompanied by reduced egress of activated lymphocytes from the lymph nodes. These results demonstrate a novel role for CCR6 in the mechanism of autoreactive lymphocyte priming and emigration to the efferent lymphatics. ..
- Kumar R, Manning J, Spendlove H, Kremmidiotis G, McKirdy R, Lee J, et al. ZNF652, a novel zinc finger protein, interacts with the putative breast tumor suppressor CBFA2T3 to repress transcription. Mol Cancer Res. 2006;4:655-65 pubmed..We therefore suggest that each of the various gene effector zinc finger proteins may specifically interact with one or more of the ETO proteins to generate a defined range of transcriptional repressor complexes. ..
- Giglio S, Chou W, Ikeda H, Cane D, Monis P. Biosynthesis of 2-methylisoborneol in cyanobacteria. Environ Sci Technol. 2011;45:992-8 pubmed publisher..Based on a comparison of the component MIB biosynthetic genes in actinomycetes and cyanobacterial organisms, we hypothesize that there have been multiple rearrangements of the genes in this operon. ..
- Dibbens J, Polyak S, Damert A, Risau W, Vadas M, Goodall G. Nucleotide sequence of the mouse VEGF 3'UTR and quantitative analysis of sites of polyadenylation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1518:57-62 pubmed..We find that two sites for polyadenylation are present in the mouse VEGF gene but the majority of transcripts contain the longer form of the 3'UTR and that their usage is not effected by environmental oxygen tension. ..
- Chapman Smith A, Forbes B, Wallace J, Cronan J. Covalent modification of an exposed surface turn alters the global conformation of the biotin carrier domain of Escherichia coli acetyl-CoA carboxylase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:26017-22 pubmed..Thus, modification of a beta-turn protruding from the protein surface results in alteration of the overall structure of this protein domain. ..
- Harvey K, Dinudom A, Komwatana P, Jolliffe C, Day M, Parasivam G, et al. All three WW domains of murine Nedd4 are involved in the regulation of epithelial sodium channels by intracellular Na+. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:12525-30 pubmed..We propose that Nedd4-mediated down-regulation of Na+ channels involves the binding of WW domains 2 and 3 to the Na+ channel and of WW domain 1 to an unknown associated protein. ..
- Fallarino A, Attridge S, Manning P, Focareta T. Cloning and characterization of a novel haemolysin in Vibrio cholerae O1 that does not directly contribute to the virulence of the organism. Microbiology. 2002;148:2181-9 pubmed publisher..Co-expression of acs with dth had no effect on the haemolytic activity or cytoplasmic localization of Vc-deltaTH. A V. cholerae Z17561 dth::Km(R) mutant showed unaltered behaviour in the infant mouse cholera model...
- Isenmann S, Khew Goodall Y, Gamble J, Vadas M, Wattenberg B. A splice-isoform of vesicle-associated membrane protein-1 (VAMP-1) contains a mitochondrial targeting signal. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:1649-60 pubmed..These data suggest that mitochondria may be integrated, at least at a mechanistic level, to the vesicular trafficking pathways that govern protein movement between other organelles of the cell. ..
- Francis G, McNeil K, Wallace J, Ballard F, Owens P. Sheep insulin-like growth factors I and II: sequences, activities and assays. Endocrinology. 1989;124:1173-83 pubmed..This study shows that IGFs from sheep are very similar to those of human and bovine in structure and activity and defines sensitive radioligand assays specific for ovine IGF-I and ovine IGF-II. ..
- Bawden C, McLaughlan C, Nesci A, Rogers G. A unique type I keratin intermediate filament gene family is abundantly expressed in the inner root sheaths of sheep and human hair follicles. J Invest Dermatol. 2001;116:157-66 pubmed
- Putland R, Sassinis T, Harvey J, Diamond P, Coles L, Brown C, et al. RNA destabilization by the granulocyte colony-stimulating factor stem-loop destabilizing element involves a single stem-loop that promotes deadenylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:1664-73 pubmed..A protein that binds the stem-loop, but not an inactive mutant form, has been detected in cytoplasmic lysates. ..
- Waterman S, Small P. Identification of the promoter regions and sigma(s)-dependent regulation of the gadA and gadBC genes associated with glutamate-dependent acid resistance in Shigella flexneri. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2003;225:155-60 pubmed..flexneri. -10 sequences similar to the sigma(s)-10 consensus sequence were identified by primer extension in the upstream promoters of all three genes and the transcriptional start points were identical in both E. coli and S. flexneri. ..
- Wilkins S, Karttunen S, Hampton Smith R, Murchland I, Chapman Smith A, Peet D. Factor inhibiting HIF (FIH) recognizes distinct molecular features within hypoxia-inducible factor-? (HIF-?) versus ankyrin repeat substrates. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:8769-81 pubmed publisher..These distinct features are likely to influence FIH substrate choice in vivo and, therefore, have important consequences for HIF regulation. ..
- Woodcock J, Zacharakis B, Plaetinck G, Bagley C, Qiyu S, Hercus T, et al. Three residues in the common beta chain of the human GM-CSF, IL-3 and IL-5 receptors are essential for GM-CSF and IL-5 but not IL-3 high affinity binding and interact with Glu21 of GM-CSF. EMBO J. 1994;13:5176-85 pubmed
- Saint C, Ho L. A PCR test for the identification and discrimination of Legionella longbeachae serogroups 1 and 2. J Microbiol Methods. 1999;37:245-53 pubmed..PCR testing was demonstrated as a superior method of identification to traditional seroagglutination reactions, which were ambiguous and could explain the previous failure to identify the presence of this microorganism in water...
- Bhalla K, Eyre H, Whitmore S, Sutherland G, Callen D. C16orf5, a novel proline-rich gene at 16p13.3, is highly expressed in the brain. J Hum Genet. 1999;44:383-7 pubmed..This gene comprises at least four exons and an open reading frame of 786 bp encoding a predicted protein of 261 amino acids. Analysis of this protein using PSORTII predicted a nuclear localization. ..
- Bowring F, Yeadon P, Stainer R, Catcheside D. Chromosome pairing and meiotic recombination in Neurospora crassa spo11 mutants. Curr Genet. 2006;50:115-23 pubmed..Alignment of homologues is partially restored after exposure of spo11 perithecia to ionising radiation. Crossing over in a spo11 mutant is reduced in two regions of the Neurospora genome as expected, but is unaffected in a third. ..
- Tran E, Doyle M, Morona R. LPS unmasking of Shigella flexneri reveals preferential localisation of tagged outer membrane protease IcsP to septa and new poles. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70508 pubmed publisher..Our data presents for the first time the distribution for the Omptin OM protease IcsP, relative to IcsA, and the effect of LPS Oag masking on its detection. ..
- Coles L, Diamond P, Lambrusco L, Hunter J, Burrows J, Vadas M, et al. A novel mechanism of repression of the vascular endothelial growth factor promoter, by single strand DNA binding cold shock domain (Y-box) proteins in normoxic fibroblasts. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:4845-54 pubmed..Nuclear dbpA appears to bind as a dimer and we determined a means by which nuclear CSD proteins may enter double strand DNA to bind to their single strand sites to bring about repression of the VEGF HR region. ..
- Ratcliff R, Slavin M, Sangster N, Doyle R, Seymour J, Lanser J. Legionella pneumophila mip gene sequencing to investigate a cluster of pneumonia cases. Pathology. 2003;35:65-9 pubmed..There is good epidemiological evidence to link the first two cases who had been treated in the same ward prior to development of fever within two days of each other. The significance of results is controversial for the third patient. ..
- Gregory M, See V, Gibson R, Schuller K. Cloning and functional characterisation of a fatty acyl elongase from southern bluefin tuna (Thunnus maccoyii). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;155:178-85 pubmed publisher..The sbtElovl5 preferentially elongated 18:4n-3 and 18:3n-6 rather than 20:5n-3 and 20:4n-6. The sbtElovl5 enzyme also elongated saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids. ..
- Loo G, Sutton D, Schuller K. Cloning and functional characterisation of a peroxiredoxin 1 (NKEF A) cDNA from Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) and its expression in fish infected with Neoparamoeba perurans. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;32:1074-82 pubmed publisher..This is the first time that a Prx 1 protein has been functionally characterized from any fish species and it paves the way for further investigation of this important 2-Cys Prx family member in fish. ..
- Walsh A, Kortschak R, Gardner M, Bertozzi T, Adelson D. Widespread horizontal transfer of retrotransposons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:1012-6 pubmed publisher..Our results provide compelling evidence for HT of genetic material that has transformed vertebrate genomes. ..
- Srimanote P, Paton A, Paton J. Characterization of a novel type IV pilus locus encoded on the large plasmid of locus of enterocyte effacement-negative Shiga-toxigenic Escherichia coli strains that are virulent for humans. Infect Immun. 2002;70:3094-100 pubmed..Homologues of the pO113 pil locus were present in several other LEE-negative STEC strains but not in LEE-positive STEC strains belonging to serogroup O26, O111, or O157. ..
- Bartley P, Keough R, Lutwyche J, Gonda T. Regulation of the gene encoding glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) by the Myb oncoprotein. Oncogene. 2003;22:7570-5 pubmed
- Pountney D, Treweek T, Chataway T, Huang Y, Chegini F, Blumbergs P, et al. Alpha B-crystallin is a major component of glial cytoplasmic inclusions in multiple system atrophy. Neurotox Res. 2005;7:77-85 pubmed..Our results indicate that alphaB-crystallin is a major chaperone in MSA, and suggest a role of the protein in the formation of inclusion bodies in glial cells. ..
- Cooper S, Wheeler D, De Leo A, Cheng J, Holland R, Marshall Graves J, et al. The mammalian alphaD-globin gene lineage and a new model for the molecular evolution of alpha-globin gene clusters at the stem of the mammalian radiation. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2006;38:439-48 pubmed..This basic structure has remained relatively stable in marsupials and in the lineage leading to humans, although omega-globin has been lost from the alpha-globin gene cluster of humans. ..
- Malik S, Coombs G, O Brien F, Peng H, Barton M. Molecular typing of methicillin-resistant staphylococci isolated from cats and dogs. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2006;58:428-31 pubmed publisher..MRS isolates from cats and dogs demonstrate a similar diversity of SCCmec types to those found in human staphylococci and ST239-MRSA-III, a widely dispersed strain in human hospitals, was identified in diseased dogs...
- Dunlevy J, Soole K, Perkins M, Dennis E, Keyzers R, Kalua C, et al. Two O-methyltransferases involved in the biosynthesis of methoxypyrazines: grape-derived aroma compounds important to wine flavour. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;74:77-89 pubmed publisher..The identification of genes responsible for MP production in grapevine will help in understanding the effect of different viticultural and environmental factors on MP accumulation...
- Zou Y, Hou C. Systematic analysis of an amidase domain CHAP in 12 Staphylococcus aureus genomes and 44 staphylococcal phage genomes. Comput Biol Chem. 2010;34:251-7 pubmed publisher..The homology modeling reveals that five of six highly conserved residues are clustered at the putative active site and are exposed to the molecular surface. ..
- Jackson D, Gully L, Henshall T, Mardell C, Macardle P. Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1/CD31) is associated with a naïve B-cell phenotype in human tonsils. Tissue Antigens. 2000;56:105-16 pubmed..These studies suggest that PECAM-1 appears on the cell surface at the naive B-cell stage and is lost as B cells differentiate into memory cells, indicating that PECAM-1 is primarily involved in naive or immature B-cell function. ..
- Hawwari A, Burrows J, Vadas M, Cockerill P. The human IL-3 locus is regulated cooperatively by two NFAT-dependent enhancers that have distinct tissue-specific activities. J Immunol. 2002;169:1876-86 pubmed..This element lacked in vitro enhancer function, but may have a developmental role because it appears to be the first DH site to exist upstream of the IL-3 gene during hemopoietic development before IL-3 expression. ..
- Denley A, Bonython E, Booker G, Cosgrove L, Forbes B, Ward C, et al. Structural determinants for high-affinity binding of insulin-like growth factor II to insulin receptor (IR)-A, the exon 11 minus isoform of the IR. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:2502-12 pubmed..Activation of IGF-1R by the chimeras reflected their binding affinities whereas the phosphorylation of the two IR isoforms was more complex. ..
- Newman M, Blyth B, Hussey D, Jardine D, Sykes P, Ormsby R. Sensitive quantitative analysis of murine LINE1 DNA methylation using high resolution melt analysis. Epigenetics. 2012;7:92-105 pubmed publisher..The L1 assay provides a high throughput, inexpensive and sensitive screening tool for identifying and characterizing DNA methylation changes to L1 elements at multiple regions across the genome. ..
- Tavner F, Simpson R, Tashiro S, Favier D, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, et al. Molecular cloning reveals that the p160 Myb-binding protein is a novel, predominantly nucleolar protein which may play a role in transactivation by Myb. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:989-1002 pubmed..Unexpectedly, immunofluorescence studies show that p160 is localized predominantly in the nucleolus. The implications of these results for possible functions of p160 are discussed. ..
- Tscharke D, Wilkinson R, Simmons A. Use of mRNA differential display to study the action of lymphocyte subsets in vivo and application to a murine model of herpes simplex virus infection. Immunol Lett. 2000;74:127-32 pubmed..The results of the differential displays and characterisation of a large mRNA identified using this strategy are presented. ..
- Moore C, Cook Johnson R, Rudhe C, Whelan J, Day D, Wiskich J, et al. Identification of AtNDI1, an internal non-phosphorylating NAD(P)H dehydrogenase in Arabidopsis mitochondria. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:1968-78 pubmed..the in vitro translation product of AtNDI1 is imported into isolated mitochondria and located on the inside of the inner membrane. ..
- Fitter S, Seldin M, Ashman L. Characterisation of the mouse homologue of CD151 (PETA-3/SFA-1); genomic structure, chromosomal localisation and identification of 2 novel splice forms. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1398:75-85 pubmed..Cd151 maps to chromosome 7, in close linkage to the p gene (OCA2 in humans), and helps define a boundary in the human/mouse homology relationships. ..
- DeBolt S, Cook D, Ford C. L-tartaric acid synthesis from vitamin C in higher plants. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:5608-13 pubmed
- Arthur J, Higgins G, Davidson G, Givney R, Ratcliff R. A novel bocavirus associated with acute gastroenteritis in Australian children. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000391 pubmed publisher..7%), and it was not associated with AGE. HBoV2 and HBoV3 are newly discovered bocaviruses, of which HBoV2 is the thirdmost-prevalent virus, after rotavirus and astrovirus, associated with pediatric AGE in this study...
- Wilson C, Zeile S, Chataway T, Nieuwenhuijs V, Padbury R, Barritt G. Increased expression of peroxiredoxin 1 and identification of a novel lipid-metabolizing enzyme in the early phase of liver ischemia reperfusion injury. Proteomics. 2011;11:4385-96 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we have revealed a potential role in liver for a novel lipid-metabolizing enzyme. ..
- Coles L, Diamond P, Occhiodoro F, Vadas M, Shannon M. Cold shock domain proteins repress transcription from the GM-CSF promoter. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:2311-7 pubmed..NF-GMb/CSD factors may hence be acting by two different mechanisms. We discuss the potential importance of CSD factors in maintaining strict regulation of the GM-CSF gene. ..
- Ratcliff R, Donnellan S, Lanser J, Manning P, Heuzenroeder M. Interspecies sequence differences in the Mip protein from the genus Legionella: implications for function and evolutionary relatedness. Mol Microbiol. 1997;25:1149-58 pubmed
- Cakouros D, Daish T, Kumar S. Ecdysone receptor directly binds the promoter of the Drosophila caspase dronc, regulating its expression in specific tissues. J Cell Biol. 2004;165:631-40 pubmed..These results indicate that direct binding of EcR-Usp is crucial for controlling the timing of dronc expression in specific tissues. ..
- Standish A, Salim A, Capon R, Morona R. Dual inhibition of DNA polymerase PolC and protein tyrosine phosphatase CpsB uncovers a novel antibiotic target. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:167-72 pubmed publisher..This suggests that PolC may be the essential target of FQE, and that the PHP domain may represent an as yet untapped target for the development of novel antibiotics. ..
- Cooper S, Wheeler D, Hope R, Dolman G, Saint K, Gooley A, et al. The alpha-globin gene family of an Australian marsupial, Macropus eugenii: the long evolutionary history of the theta-globin gene and its functional status in mammals. J Mol Evol. 2005;60:653-64 pubmed
- Condina M, Gustafsson J, Klingler Hoffmann M, Bagley C, McColl S, Hoffmann P. EZYprep LC-coupled MALDI-TOF/TOF MS: an improved matrix spray application for phosphopeptide characterisation. Proteomics. 2010;10:2516-30 pubmed publisher..EZYprep DHB LC-MALDI-TOF/TOF MS was able to identify more phosphopeptides and characterise more phosphorylation sites than the other two proteomic strategies, thus proving to be a sensitive approach for phosphoproteome analysis. ..
- Eijkelkamp B, Stroeher U, Hassan K, Elbourne L, Paulsen I, Brown M. H-NS plays a role in expression of Acinetobacter baumannii virulence features. Infect Immun. 2013;81:2574-83 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these mutants indicate that the phenotypic and transcriptomic differences seen are due to loss of regulatory control effected by H-NS...
- Buchanan G, Ricciardelli C, Harris J, Prescott J, Yu Z, Jia L, et al. Control of androgen receptor signaling in prostate cancer by the cochaperone small glutamine rich tetratricopeptide repeat containing protein alpha. Cancer Res. 2007;67:10087-96 pubmed..These findings implicate alphaSGT as a molecular rheostat of in vivo signaling competence by the AR, and provide new insight into the determinants of androgen sensitivity during prostate cancer progression. ..
- Ried K, Finnis M, Hobson L, Mangelsdorf M, Dayan S, Nancarrow J, et al. Common chromosomal fragile site FRA16D sequence: identification of the FOR gene spanning FRA16D and homozygous deletions and translocation breakpoints in cancer cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:1651-63 pubmed..FOR is therefore the principle genetic target for DNA instability at 16q23.2 and perturbation of FOR function is likely to contribute to the biological consequences of DNA instability at FRA16D in cancer cells...
- Turner M, Cockerell E, Brereton H, Badenoch P, Tea M, Coster D, et al. Antigens of selected Acanthamoeba species detected with monoclonal antibodies. Int J Parasitol. 2005;35:981-90 pubmed..These antibodies may be useful in diagnosing pathogenic Acanthamoeba species in clinical specimens, provided that cysts are present. ..
- Shoubridge C, Cloosterman D, Parkinson Lawerence E, Brooks D, Gecz J. Molecular pathology of expanded polyalanine tract mutations in the Aristaless-related homeobox gene. Genomics. 2007;90:59-71 pubmed..We established the nuclear localization regions of the ARX homeodomain that were required for the interaction with IPO13 and correct localization of the full-length ARX transcription factor to the nucleus. ..
- Souzeau E, Burdon K, Ridge B, Dubowsky A, Ruddle J, Craig J. A novel de novo Myocilin variant in a patient with sporadic juvenile open angle glaucoma. BMC Med Genet. 2016;17:30 pubmed publisher..This finding emphasizes the importance of screening individuals with JOAG for MYOC mutations irrespective of a negative family history. ..
- Dry I, Robinson S. Molecular cloning and characterisation of grape berry polyphenol oxidase. Plant Mol Biol. 1994;26:495-502 pubmed..6 kDa chloroplast transit peptide from the N-terminus and a 16.2 kDa peptide of unknown function from the C-terminus...
- Pinyon R, Paton J, Paton A, Botten J, Morona R. Refinement of a therapeutic Shiga toxin-binding probiotic for human trials. J Infect Dis. 2004;189:1547-55 pubmed..Moreover, mice challenged with an otherwise fatal dose of STEC were completely protected by oral administration of the novel construct. ..
- Feng F, Davis A, Lake J, Carr J, Xia W, Burrell C, et al. Ring finger protein ZIN interacts with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vif. J Virol. 2004;78:10574-81 pubmed..The possible mechanisms by which ZIN interferes with the early events of HIV-1 replication are discussed. ..
- Osborne C, Vadas M, Cockerill P. Transcriptional regulation of mouse granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor/IL-3 locus. J Immunol. 1995;155:226-35 pubmed..Because the mouse GM-CSF enhancer is considerably less active than its human homologue we suggest that the mouse GM-CSF gene has evolved with less dependence upon the upstream enhancer for its activation. ..
- Ngo S, McKinnon R, Stupans I. Cloning and expression of koala (Phascolarctos cinereus) liver cytochrome P450 CYP4A15. Gene. 2006;376:123-32 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study provides primary molecular data regarding koala CYP4A15 gene. The possibility that there may be higher CYP4A15 expression in the koala liver could not be excluded...
- Anderson P, Lee A, Anderson S, Sawyer R, O Loughlin P, Morris H. The effect of dietary calcium on 1,25(OH)2D3 synthesis and sparing of serum 25(OH)D3 levels. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;121:288-92 pubmed publisher..Such an interaction has significant implications, given the recent evidence for local synthesis of active vitamin D in bone tissue...
- Fard R, Barton M, Arthur J, Heuzenroeder M. Whole-genome sequencing and gene mapping of a newly isolated lytic enterococcal bacteriophage EFRM31. Arch Virol. 2010;155:1887-91 pubmed publisher..This identity and the order of shared genes suggest a close relationship or a common ancestor for these two bacteriophages. ..
- Yang M, Virassamy B, Vijayaraj S, Lim Y, Saadipour K, Wang Y, et al. The intracellular domain of sortilin interacts with amyloid precursor protein and regulates its lysosomal and lipid raft trafficking. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63049 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggests that sortilin is implicated in APP lysosomal and lipid raft targeting via its carboxyl-terminal F/YXXXXF/Y motif. Our study provides new molecular insights into APP trafficking and processing. ..
- Upton F, Szabo L, Wallace J, Ballard F. Characterization and cloning of a bovine insulin-like growth factor-binding protein. J Mol Endocrinol. 1990;5:77-84 pubmed..Proteins immunologically related to bovine IGFBP-2 were detected not only in sheep, but also in chickens, indicating that this IGFBP is not exclusively mammalian. ..
- Colussi P, Quinn L, Huang D, Coombe M, Read S, Richardson H, et al. Debcl, a proapoptotic Bcl-2 homologue, is a component of the Drosophila melanogaster cell death machinery. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:703-14 pubmed..RNA interference studies indicate that Debcl is required for developmental apoptosis in Drosophila embryos. These results suggest that the main components of the mammalian apoptosis machinery are conserved in insects. ..
- Guerin J, Rossel J, Robert S, Tsuchiya T, Koltunow A. A DEFICIENS homologue is down-regulated during apomictic initiation in ovules of Hieracium. Planta. 2000;210:914-20 pubmed..HPDEF may be down-regulated as a consequence of apomictic initiation and/or its down-regulation may facilitate progression of apomictic events. ..
- Doyle R, Heuzenroeder M. A mutation in an ompR-like gene on a Legionella longbeachae serogroup 1 plasmid attenuates virulence. Int J Med Microbiol. 2002;292:227-39 pubmed..The lrpR mutant was also attenuated for virulence in a guinea pig animal model of infection. The importance of plasmid-encoded functions for the pathogenicity of Legionella longbeachae serogroup 1 strains is discussed. ..
- Blake T, Shapiro M, Morse H, Langdon W. The sequences of the human and mouse c-cbl proto-oncogenes show v-cbl was generated by a large truncation encompassing a proline-rich domain and a leucine zipper-like motif. Oncogene. 1991;6:653-7 pubmed..This proline-rich sequence has similarities to the transcriptional activation domains of some transcription factors, and v-cbl's transforming potential may be due to the loss of this region and the leucine zipper. ..
- D ANDREA R, Rayner J, Moretti P, Lopez A, Goodall G, Gonda T, et al. A mutation of the common receptor subunit for interleukin-3 (IL-3), granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, and IL-5 that leads to ligand independence and tumorigenicity. Blood. 1994;83:2802-8 pubmed..Because this is a conserved region in the cytokine receptor superfamily, our results suggest that the large family of cytokine receptors has the capacity to become oncogenically active. ..
- Chapman Smith A, Morris T, Wallace J, Cronan J. Molecular recognition in a post-translational modification of exceptional specificity. Mutants of the biotinylated domain of acetyl-CoA carboxylase defective in recognition by biotin protein ligase. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:1449-57 pubmed..Substitutions of the highly conserved glycine residues at positions 133 and 143 or at a key hydrophobic core residue, Val-146, gave structurally unstable proteins. ..
- Zannettino A. CD164. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2001;15:394-6 pubmed
- Jitrapakdee S, Nezic M, Cassady A, Khew Goodall Y, Wallace J. Molecular cloning and domain structure of chicken pyruvate carboxylase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:387-93 pubmed..Northern analysis of poly(A)(+) RNA isolated from chicken liver has shown that cPC's mRNA is approximately 5 kb in length, including a very long 3'-untranslated region. ..
- Zannettino A, Roubelakis M, Welldon K, Jackson D, Simmons P, Bendall L, et al. Novel mesenchymal and haematopoietic cell isoforms of the SHP-2 docking receptor, PZR: identification, molecular cloning and effects on cell migration. Biochem J. 2003;370:537-49 pubmed..These observations will be instrumental in determining the mechanisms whereby PZR isoforms regulate cell motility. ..
- McColl S, Mahalingam S, Staykova M, Tylaska L, Fisher K, Strick C, et al. Expression of rat I-TAC/CXCL11/SCYA11 during central nervous system inflammation: comparison with other CXCR3 ligands. Lab Invest. 2004;84:1418-29 pubmed..However, the observation that I-TAC/CXCL11 is expressed after receptor expression is detected suggests that it is not essential for the initial migration of CXCR3-bearing cells into the CNS. ..
- Doumanis J, Dorstyn L, Kumar S. Molecular determinants of the subcellular localization of the Drosophila Bcl-2 homologues DEBCL and BUFFY. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:907-15 pubmed..Interestingly, a functional nuclear localization signal was identified in the N-terminal region of BUFFY and in the absence of the MA, BUFFY accumulated in the nucleus. The functional implications of these findings are discussed. ..
- Dimasi D, Hewitt A, Straga T, Pater J, MacKinnon J, Elder J, et al. Prevalence of CYP1B1 mutations in Australian patients with primary congenital glaucoma. Clin Genet. 2007;72:255-60 pubmed..Our data also supported the high degree of allelic heterogeneity seen in similar studies from other ethnic populations, thereby underscoring the fact that other PCG-related genes remain to be identified. ..
- Fotia A, Ekberg J, Adams D, Cook D, Poronnik P, Kumar S. Regulation of neuronal voltage-gated sodium channels by the ubiquitin-protein ligases Nedd4 and Nedd4-2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28930-5 pubmed..Interestingly, Nedd4 suppressed the activity of Na(v)1.2 and Na(v)1.7 but was a poor inhibitor of Na(v)1.8. Our results provide evidence that Nedd4 and Nedd4-2 are likely to be key regulators of specific neuronal Na(v) channels in vivo. ..
- Conn S, Curtin C, Bézier A, Franco C, Zhang W. Purification, molecular cloning, and characterization of glutathione S-transferases (GSTs) from pigmented Vitis vinifera L. cell suspension cultures as putative anthocyanin transport proteins. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:3621-34 pubmed publisher..Further investigation of these candidate ligandins may identify a mechanism for manipulating anthocyanin accumulation in planta and in vitro suspension cells. ..
- Delpin M, Goodman A. Nutrient regime regulates complex transcriptional start site usage within a Pseudoalteromonas chitinase gene cluster. ISME J. 2009;3:1053-63 pubmed publisher..By bioinformatic review, ChiA, ChiB and ChiC were found to potentially possess additional putative domains...
- Ndi O, Barton M. Incidence of class 1 integron and other antibiotic resistance determinants in Aeromonas spp. from rainbow trout farms in Australia. J Fish Dis. 2011;34:589-99 pubmed publisher..Aeromonas spp. carrying integrons and other resistance genes are present in farm-raised fish and sediments even though no antibiotics were licensed for use in Australian aquaculture at the time of the study. ..
- Gecz J, Gedeon A, Sutherland G, Mulley J. Identification of the gene FMR2, associated with FRAXE mental retardation. Nat Genet. 1996;13:105-8 pubmed..We correlate loss of FMR2 expression with (CCG)n expansion at FRAXE, demonstrating that this is a gene associated with the CpG island adjacent to FRAXE and contributes for FRAXE-associated mild mental retardation. ..
- Bagley C, Phillips J, Cambareri B, Vadas M, Lopez A. A discontinuous eight-amino acid epitope in human interleukin-3 binds the alpha-chain of its receptor. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:31922-8 pubmed
- Lawson J, Wheldrake J, Dunbar A. Genomic structure and promoter characterization of the gene encoding the ErbB ligand betacellulin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1576:183-90 pubmed
- Favier D, Gonda T. Detection of proteins that bind to the leucine zipper motif of c-Myb. Oncogene. 1994;9:305-11 pubmed..Intriguingly p160, but not p67, could also bind to the c-Jun leucine zipper. ..