Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on species specificity in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Locale: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Topic: species specificity
- Steyn F, Leong J, Huang L, Tan H, Xie T, Nelson C, et al. GH does not modulate the early fasting-induced release of free fatty acids in mice. Endocrinology. 2012;153:273-82 pubmed publisher..Observations highlight a divergent role for GH in modulating FFA release between man and mouse. ..
- Yakob L. Epidemiological consequences of a newly discovered cryptic subgroup of Anopheles gambiae. Biol Lett. 2011;7:947-9 pubmed publisher..Given the widely observed phenomenon of outdoor biting by major malaria vectors, this behaviour should not be ignored in future modelling efforts and warrants serious consideration in control programme strategy. ..
- Gobert G, Jones M. Discovering new schistosome drug targets: the role of transcriptomics. Curr Drug Targets. 2008;9:922-30 pubmed..It is hoped that with these approaches the future investigation of complex biological and physiological questions such as drug mode of action or drug resistance in parasitology may be addressed. ..
- Stanisic D, Martin L, Good M. The role of the 19-kDa region of merozoite surface protein 1 and whole-parasite-specific maternal antibodies in directing neonatal pups' responses to rodent malaria infection. J Immunol. 2003;171:5461-9 pubmed
- Cranston P, Krosch M. Nomenclatural corrections to Australian species of Cricotopus (Wulp) (Diptera; Chironomidae). Zootaxa. 2015;3980:298-300 pubmed publisher..Our attention has been drawn to lapsi and errors in a recent publication in this journal concerning Cricotopus Wulp (Diptera: Chironomidae) (Drayson et al., 2015). ..
- Tang Y, Gao X, Rosa B, Abubucker S, Hallsworth Pepin K, Martin J, et al. Genome of the human hookworm Necator americanus. Nat Genet. 2014;46:261-269 pubmed publisher..This genome provides an invaluable resource to boost ongoing efforts toward fundamental and applied postgenomic research, including the development of new methods to control hookworm and human immunological diseases. ..
- Li D, Takyar S, Lott W, Gowans E. Amino acids 1-20 of the hepatitis C virus (HCV) core protein specifically inhibit HCV IRES-dependent translation in HepG2 cells, and inhibit both HCV IRES- and cap-dependent translation in HuH7 and CV-1 cells. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:815-25 pubmed..N-terminal truncated (aa 1-20) HCV core protein that was expressed from a novel recombinant vaccinia virus in cells abrogated the inhibitory phenotype of the core protein in vivo, consistent with the above in vitro data. ..
- Sim E, Smith A, Szilagi E, Rae F, Ioannou P, Lindsay M, et al. Wnt-4 regulation by the Wilms' tumour suppressor gene, WT1. Oncogene. 2002;21:2948-60 pubmed..We propose that Wnt-4 regulation by WT1 occurs at a more distant promoter or enhancer site, or is indirect. ..
- Chan A, Matias M, Farah C. A novel and practical method using HRP-polymer conjugate and microwave treatment for visualization of 2 antigens raised from the same or different species in paraffin-embedded tissues. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2011;19:376-83 pubmed publisher..Our technique enables the researcher to simultaneously visualize 2 antigens in paraffin-embedded tissue requiring only one enzyme and a microwave. ..
- Mound L, Tree D. Species of Lissothrips and Williamsiella from mosses and lichens in Australia and New Zealand (Thysanoptera, Phlaeothripinae). Zootaxa. 2015;3946:361-73 pubmed publisher..Three species of Lissothrips are known from New Zealand, of which two are here recorded from Australia together with six new species. Williamsiella is recorded from Australia for the first time, with one new species. ..
- Clements J, Willemsen N, Myers S, Dong Y. The tissue kallikrein family of serine proteases: functional roles in human disease and potential as clinical biomarkers. Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 2004;41:265-312 pubmed..Of particular interest is the expression of many kallikreins in prostate, ovarian, and breast cancers where they are emerging as useful prognostic indicators of disease progression. ..
- Bodetti T, Jacobson E, Wan C, Hafner L, Pospischil A, Rose K, et al. Molecular evidence to support the expansion of the hostrange of Chlamydophila pneumoniae to include reptiles as well as humans, horses, koalas and amphibians. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2002;25:146-52 pubmed..pneumoniae are still capable of infecting humans, or crossed the host barrier some time ago, remains to be determined but may provide further insights into the relationship of this common respiratory infection with its human host. ..
- Zeng R, Yuan Z, Keller J. Enrichment of denitrifying glycogen-accumulating organisms in anaerobic/anoxic activated sludge system. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2003;81:397-404 pubmed..The existence of these organisms is a concern in biological nutrient removal systems that typically have an anaerobic/anoxic/aerobic reactor sequence since they are potential competitors to the polyphosphate-accumulating organisms. ..
- Nolan M, Cribb T. The use and implications of ribosomal DNA sequencing for the discrimination of digenean species. Adv Parasitol. 2005;60:101-63 pubmed..We propose a generalised approach to the use of rDNA to distinguish trematode species. ..
- Antonsson A, McMillan N. Papillomavirus in healthy skin of Australian animals. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:3195-200 pubmed..The data extend the range of species infected by papillomaviruses to the most primitive mammals: the monotremes and the marsupials. ..
- Gobert G. Applications for profiling the schistosome transcriptome. Trends Parasitol. 2010;26:434-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, the relevance of transcriptomics for exploring and contrasting different parasite populations or species is discussed. ..
- Sturm R, Baker E, Sutherland G. Assignment of the tyrosinase-related protein-2 gene (TYRP2) to human chromosome 13q31-q32 by fluorescence in situ hybridization: extended synteny with mouse chromosome 14. Genomics. 1994;21:293-6 pubmed
- Dennis P, Harnisch F, Yeoh Y, Tyson G, Rabaey K. Dynamics of cathode-associated microbial communities and metabolite profiles in a glycerol-fed bioelectrochemical system. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:4008-14 pubmed publisher..In addition, operational conditions must be refined to gain greater control over community composition and metabolic outcomes...
- Meadows J, Cemal I, Karaca O, Gootwine E, Kijas J. Five ovine mitochondrial lineages identified from sheep breeds of the near East. Genetics. 2007;175:1371-9 pubmed
- Kleinlogel S, Marshall N. Photoreceptor projection and termination pattern in the lamina of gonodactyloid stomatopods (mantis shrimp). Cell Tissue Res. 2005;321:273-84 pubmed..We hypothesize that the R8 cells of MB rows 1-4 are incorporated into the colour vision system formed by R1-R7, whereas the R8 cells of MB rows 5 and 6 form a separate neural channel from R1 to R7 for polarization processing...
- Winter H, Seawright A, Noltie H, Mattocks A, Jukes R, Wangdi K, et al. Pyrrolizidine alkaloid poisoning of yaks: identification of the plants involved. Vet Rec. 1994;134:135-9 pubmed..Two of the Senecio species had exceptionally high concentrations of pyrrolizidine alkaloids of about 0.5 per cent in the dry matter. ..
- Hart N, Lisney T, Marshall N, Collin S. Multiple cone visual pigments and the potential for trichromatic colour vision in two species of elasmobranch. J Exp Biol. 2004;207:4587-94 pubmed
- Devereaux L, Polkinghorne A, Meijer A, Timms P. Molecular evidence for novel chlamydial infections in the koala (Phascolarctos cinereus). Syst Appl Microbiol. 2003;26:245-53 pubmed..UKC sequences were most commonly found as dual infections with C. pecorum. This report provides the first description of additional members of the order Chlamydiales infecting the koala...
- Schroder K, Irvine K, Taylor M, Bokil N, Lê Cao K, Masterman K, et al. Conservation and divergence in Toll-like receptor 4-regulated gene expression in primary human versus mouse macrophages. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E944-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, the genes controlled by complex, highly conserved promoters that facilitate dynamic regulation are also the most susceptible to evolutionary change. ..
- Nagaraj S, Harsha H, Reverter A, Colgrave M, Sharma R, Andronicos N, et al. Proteomic analysis of the abomasal mucosal response following infection by the nematode, Haemonchus contortus, in genetically resistant and susceptible sheep. J Proteomics. 2012;75:2141-52 pubmed publisher..The differentially abundant proteins may be useful targets for phenotypic tests that aim to identify sheep with an enhanced ability to resist nematode infection...
- Tellam R, Vuocolo T, Johnson S, Jarmey J, Pearson R. Insect chitin synthase cDNA sequence, gene organization and expression. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:6025-43 pubmed..Bioinformatics has been used to deduce the gene sequence and organization of the highly homologous Drosophila melanogaster orthologue of LcCS-1, DmCS-1...
- Hosking B, Francois M, Wilhelm D, Orsenigo F, Caprini A, Svingen T, et al. Sox7 and Sox17 are strain-specific modifiers of the lymphangiogenic defects caused by Sox18 dysfunction in mice. Development. 2009;136:2385-91 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify Sox7 and Sox17 as modifiers of the Sox18 mutant phenotype, and reveal their mechanism of action as a novel mode of strain-specific compensatory upregulation. ..
- McManus D. Current status of the genetics and molecular taxonomy of Echinococcus species. Parasitology. 2013;140:1617-23 pubmed publisher..A revised taxonomy for species in the Echinococcus genus has been proposed that is generally accepted, and is based on the new molecular data and the biological and epidemiological characteristics of host-adapted species and strains. ..
- Schutze M, Jessup A, Clarke A. Wing shape as a potential discriminator of morphologically similar pest taxa within the Bactrocera dorsalis species complex (Diptera: Tephritidae). Bull Entomol Res. 2012;102:103-11 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that geometric morphometric techniques analysing wing shape represent a promising approach for discriminating between morphologically cryptic taxa of the B. dorsalis species complex...
- Brownlie J, O Neill S. Wolbachia genomes: insights into an intracellular lifestyle. Curr Biol. 2005;15:R507-9 pubmed..These data along with the previously published Wolbachia genome from Drosophila melanogaster provide new insights into how this endosymbiont has managed to become so successful. ..
- Tree J, Kidd S, Jennings M, McEwan A. Copper sensitivity of cueO mutants of Escherichia coli K-12 and the biochemical suppression of this phenotype. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;328:1205-10 pubmed
- Nelson E, Agrawal A, Heath A, Bogdan R, Sherva R, Zhang B, et al. Evidence of CNIH3 involvement in opioid dependence. Mol Psychiatry. 2016;21:608-14 pubmed publisher..These convergent findings support CNIH3 involvement in the pathophysiology of opioid dependence, complementing prior studies implicating the Î±-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) glutamate system. ..
- Williamson A, Brindley P, Loukas A. Hookworm cathepsin D aspartic proteases: contributing roles in the host-specific degradation of serum proteins and skin macromolecules. Parasitology. 2003;126:179-85 pubmed
- Hume D, Yue X, Ross I, Favot P, Lichanska A, Ostrowski M. Regulation of CSF-1 receptor expression. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;46:46-52; discussion 52-3 pubmed
- Shao R, Campbell N, Barker S. Numerous gene rearrangements in the mitochondrial genome of the wallaby louse, Heterodoxus macropus (Phthiraptera). Mol Biol Evol. 2001;18:858-65 pubmed publisher..The large number of gene rearrangements in the mt genome of H. macropus is unprecedented for an arthropod...
- Reilly P, Mason S, Read M. Human, rat and crocodile liver microsomal monooxygenase activities measured using diazepam and nifedipine: effects of CYP3A inhibitors and relationship to immunochemically detected CYP3A apoprotein. Comp Biochem Physiol C Pharmacol Toxicol Endocrinol. 1999;122:197-204 pubmed..These results show the need for care in the assessment of CYP3A activity of fractionated tissues when using these substrates in cross-species studies and where gender is a variable. ..
- Simonsen S, Sando L, Ireland D, Colgrave M, Bharathi R, Goransson U, et al. A continent of plant defense peptide diversity: cyclotides in Australian Hybanthus (Violaceae). Plant Cell. 2005;17:3176-89 pubmed..The novel sequences provided substantial insight into the tolerance of the cystine knot framework in cyclotides to amino acid substitutions and will facilitate protein engineering applications of this framework...
- Kennedy D, Wood S, Ramsdale T, Tam P, Steiner K, Mattick J. Identification of a mouse orthologue of the human ras-GAP-SH3-domain binding protein and structural confirmation that these proteins contain an RNA recognition motif. Biomed Pept Proteins Nucleic Acids. 1996;2:93-9 pubmed
- Evangelista C, Mills M, Siebeck U, Collin S. A comparison of the external morphology of the membranous inner ear in elasmobranchs. J Morphol. 2010;271:483-95 pubmed publisher..Results from this study suggest that neither phylogeny nor feeding strategy solely accounts for the morphological diversity present in the external morphology of the elasmobranch inner ear...
- Wueringer B, Peverell S, Seymour J, Squire L, Collin S. Sensory systems in sawfishes. 2. The lateral line. Brain Behav Evol. 2011;78:150-61 pubmed publisher..Lateral line canals that contain neuromasts are longest in P. microdon, but canals containing neuromasts along the rostrum are longest in A. cuspidata...
- Girjes A, Carrick F, Lavin M. Remarkable sequence relatedness in the DNA encoding the major outer membrane protein of Chlamydia psittaci (koala type I) and Chlamydia pneumoniae. Gene. 1994;138:139-42 pubmed..pneumoniae, a human pathogen, and an individual strain of C. psittaci in the momp gene raises further questions on the host specificity, classification and evolutionary relationships of the different chlamydial species. ..
- Chelsky Budarf A, Burfeind D, Loh W, Tibbetts I. Identification of seagrasses in the gut of a marine herbivorous fish using DNA barcoding and visual inspection techniques. J Fish Biol. 2011;79:112-21 pubmed publisher..While effective in identifying cryptic gut content to family level, this novel method is likely to be most efficient when paired with visual identification techniques...
- Edwards C, Innes D, Burns D, Beacham I. UDP-sugar hydrolase isozymes in Salmonella enterica and Escherichia coli: silent alleles of ushA in related strains of group I Salmonella isolates, and of ushB in wild-type and K12 strains of E. coli, indicate recent and early silencing events, respe. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1993;114:293-8 pubmed..Since all E. coli strains investigated are UshB-, we conclude that the silencing mutation(s) occurred relatively early following the divergence of Escherichia coli and Salmonella from a common ancestor that was ushA+ ushB+. ..
- Mayfield M, Levine J. Opposing effects of competitive exclusion on the phylogenetic structure of communities. Ecol Lett. 2010;13:1085-93 pubmed publisher..Our argument leads to a reinterpretation of the assembly processes inferred from community phylogenetic structure. ..
- Cristino A, Nunes F, Barchuk A, Aguiar Coelho V, Simões Z, Bitondi M. Organization, evolution and transcriptional profile of hexamerin genes of the parasitic wasp Nasonia vitripennis (Hymenoptera: Pteromalidae). Insect Mol Biol. 2010;19 Suppl 1:137-46 pubmed publisher..Temporal and spatial transcriptional profiles of N. vitripennis hexamerins suggest that they have physiological functions other than metamorphosis, which are arguably coupled with its lifestyle. ..
- Suddendorf T, Collier Baker E. The evolution of primate visual self-recognition: evidence of absence in lesser apes. Proc Biol Sci. 2009;276:1671-7 pubmed publisher..They also highlight the potential of a comparative approach for identifying the neurological and genetic underpinnings of self-recognition and other higher cognitive faculties...
- Yang Y, Rosenzvit M, Zhang L, Zhang J, McManus D. Molecular study of Echinococcus in west-central China. Parasitology. 2005;131:547-55 pubmed publisher..Such adaptations may also result in different sensitivity to drugs or increased virulence for hosts that will impede control efforts and even affect vaccination strategies against Echinococcus...
- Amarasinghe G, Bao Y, Basler C, Bavari S, Beer M, Bejerman N, et al. Taxonomy of the order Mononegavirales: update 2017. Arch Virol. 2017;162:2493-2504 pubmed publisher..This article presents the updated taxonomy of the order Mononegavirales as now accepted by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV). ..
- Sköld H, Aspengren S, Cheney K, Wallin M. Fish Chromatophores--From Molecular Motors to Animal Behavior. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 2016;321:171-219 pubmed publisher..In this cross-disciplinary review, we have highlighted emerging trends in pigment cell research and identified unsolved problems for future research. ..
- Gray E, Dennis T, Baker A. Can remote infrared cameras be used to differentiate small, sympatric mammal species? A case study of the black-tailed dusky antechinus, Antechinus arktos and co-occurring small mammals in southeast Queensland, Australia. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181592 pubmed publisher..This is an important finding for camera trapping generally, indicating that routine camera deployment lengths (of one-to-two weeks) between baiting events may be too long when targeting some small mammals. ..
- Martin P, Hobbs M, Free P, Jeske Y, Mattick J. Characterization of pilQ, a new gene required for the biogenesis of type 4 fimbriae in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Mol Microbiol. 1993;9:857-68 pubmed..PilQ had the highest overall homology to an outer membrane antigen from Neisseria gonorrhoeae, encoded by omc, that may fulfil the same role in type 4 fimbrial assembly in this species. ..
- Bilewitch J, Degnan S. A unique horizontal gene transfer event has provided the octocoral mitochondrial genome with an active mismatch repair gene that has potential for an unusual self-contained function. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:228 pubmed publisher..In consolidating the first known case of HGT into an animal mitochondrial genome, these findings suggest the need for reconsideration of the means by which metazoan mitochondrial genomes evolve. ..
- Elston G, Benavides Piccione R, Elston A, DeFelipe J, Manger P. Specialization in pyramidal cell structure in the cingulate cortex of the Chacma baboon (Papio ursinus): an intracellular injection study of the posterior and anterior cingulate gyrus with comparative notes on the macaque and vervet monkeys. Neurosci Lett. 2005;387:130-5 pubmed..Moreover, the complexity in pyramidal cell structure in both the anterior and posterior cingulate gyrus of the baboon differed to that in the corresponding regions in either the macaque or vervet monkeys...
- Hayes R, Morelli T, Wright P. Anogenital gland secretions of Lemur catta and Propithecus verreauxi coquereli: a preliminary chemical examination. Am J Primatol. 2004;63:49-62 pubmed..catta, though perhaps not P. v. coquereli, are chemically distinguishable. Given this information, it appears that at least some lemur species can use scent marks to determine species, sex, and reproductive status...
- Constantinoiu C, Molloy J, Jorgensen W, Coleman G. Development and validation of an ELISA for detecting antibodies to Eimeria tenella in chickens. Vet Parasitol. 2007;150:306-13 pubmed..The ELISA should prove useful for monitoring infectivity in vaccination programmes in layer and breeder flocks and for assessing the effectiveness of biosecurity measures in broiler flocks...
- Manger P, Collins R, Rosa M. An architectonic comparison of the ventrobasal complex of two megachiropteran and one microchiropteran bat: implications for the evolution of Chiroptera. Somatosens Mot Res. 2001;18:131-40 pubmed..These taxon-specific differences lend support to the proposal that the order Chiroptera has a diphyletic origin. ..
- Zhao Z, Duffy D, Thomas S, Martin N, Hayward N, Montgomery G. Polymorphisms in the syntaxin 17 gene are not associated with human cutaneous malignant melanoma. Melanoma Res. 2009;19:80-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that common variants in the STX17 gene region do not play a key role in the pathogenesis of human melanoma. ..
- Kvennefors E, Sampayo E, Ridgway T, Barnes A, Hoegh Guldberg O. Bacterial communities of two ubiquitous Great Barrier Reef corals reveals both site- and species-specificity of common bacterial associates. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10401 pubmed publisher..Finally, the results did not support the contention that a single bacterial pathogen may be the causative agent of WS Acroporids on the GBR. ..
- Wueringer B, Peverell S, Seymour J, Squire L, Kajiura S, Collin S. Sensory systems in sawfishes. 1. The ampullae of Lorenzini. Brain Behav Evol. 2011;78:139-49 pubmed publisher..P. microdon possesses the highest number of ampullary pores, which indicates that amongst the study species this species is an electroreception specialist. As such, juvenile P. microdon inhabit low-visibility freshwater habitats...
- Hill M, Bastiani M, Luetterforst R, Kirkham M, Kirkham A, Nixon S, et al. PTRF-Cavin, a conserved cytoplasmic protein required for caveola formation and function. Cell. 2008;132:113-24 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PTRF-Cavin is required for caveola formation and sequestration of mobile caveolin into immobile caveolae. ..
- Xu C, Schooler S, van Klinken R. Differential influence of clonal integration on morphological and growth responses to light in two invasive herbs. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35873 pubmed publisher..This factor may be partially responsible for their ability to successfully colonize native plant communities. ..
- Stanisic D, Martin L, Liu X, Jackson D, Cooper J, Good M. Analysis of immunological nonresponsiveness to the 19-kilodalton fragment of merozoite surface Protein 1 of Plasmodium yoelii: rescue by chemical conjugation to diphtheria toxoid (DT) and enhancement of immunogenicity by prior DT vaccination. Infect Immun. 2003;71:5700-13 pubmed..These results have important implications for the development of a malaria vaccine to protect a population with diverse HLAs. ..
- Xiong H, Barker S, Burger T, Raoult D, Shao R. Heteroplasmy in the mitochondrial genomes of human lice and ticks revealed by high throughput sequencing. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73329 pubmed publisher..05). Our results indicate that heteroplasmy level can be substantially variable within a species and among closely related species, and does not appear to be determined by single factors such as genome fragmentation. ..
- Townsend K, Giang V, Stephens C, Scott P, Trott D. Application of nox-restriction fragment length polymorphism for the differentiation of Brachyspira intestinal spirochetes isolated from pigs and poultry in Australia. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2005;17:103-9 pubmed..This protocol represents a significant improvement over conventional methods currently used in veterinary diagnostic laboratories for rapid specific identification of Brachyspira spp. isolated from both pigs and poultry...
- Algar E, Cheung B, Hayes J, Holmes R, Beacham I. Bovine corneal aldehyde dehydrogenases: evidence for multiple gene products (ALDH3 and ALDHX). Adv Exp Med Biol. 1993;328:153-7 pubmed
- Ede S, Hafner L, Fredericks P. Structural changes in the cells of some bacteria during population growth: a Fourier transform infrared-attenuated total reflectance study. Appl Spectrosc. 2004;58:317-22 pubmed..A. aceti cells showed increasing polysaccharide content during the growth curve as well as maximum lipid content during the exponential phase of growth...
- Sturm R, Francis D, Cassady J, Graves J. Identification of a marsupial OTF1 gene: cross-species STS analysis and in situ cross-hybridization to Macropus eugenii chromosomes 3/4 and 5. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1994;65:272-5 pubmed..eugenii chromosomes 3/4 and 5 by in situ hybridization. These regions are likely to represent cross-reaction with the homologues of human OTF1 and closely related OTF2 genes. ..
- Bellis G, Dyce A, Gopurenko D, Yanase T, Garros C, Labuschagne K, et al. Revision of the Culicoides (Avaritia) Imicola complex Khamala & Kettle (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae) from the Australasian region. Zootaxa. 2014;3768:401-27 pubmed publisher..brevitarsis Kieffer and C. nudipalpis Delfinado and a description of C. asiatica Bellis sp. nov., are presented together with keys for their specific determination and molecular support for their status. ..
- Goh H, Beatson S, Totsika M, Moriel D, Phan M, Szubert J, et al. Molecular analysis of the Acinetobacter baumannii biofilm-associated protein. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:6535-43 pubmed publisher..Finally, biofilm formation by these Bap-positive strains could be inhibited by affinity-purified Bap antibodies, demonstrating the direct contribution of Bap to biofilm growth by A. baumannii clinical isolates. ..
- Crowe M, Wang X, Rothnagel J. Evidence for conservation and selection of upstream open reading frames suggests probable encoding of bioactive peptides. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:16 pubmed
- Gauthier M, Degnan B. The transcription factor NF-kappaB in the demosponge Amphimedon queenslandica: insights on the evolutionary origin of the Rel homology domain. Dev Genes Evol. 2008;218:23-32 pubmed publisher..AmqNF-kappaB is expressed during A. queenslandica embryogenesis, suggesting a developmental role...
- Jacobsen I, Bennett M. Feeding ecology and dietary comparisons among three sympatric Neotrygon (Myliobatoidei: Dasyatidae) species. J Fish Biol. 2012;80:1580-94 pubmed publisher..This study provides insights into the level of variability within and between the diets and feeding behaviours of Neotrygon species, and the potential for resource partitioning to occur when these species coexist. ..
- Ogg C, Patel B. Caloramator australicus sp. nov., a thermophilic, anaerobic bacterium from the Great Artesian Basin of Australia. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2009;59:95-101 pubmed publisher..nov. The type strain is RC3T (=JCM 1508T =KCTC 5601T). ..
- Faux C, Arden K, Lambert S, Nissen M, Nolan T, Chang A, et al. Usefulness of published PCR primers in detecting human rhinovirus infection. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:296-8 pubmed publisher..None of the pairs could detect all HRVs in 2 panels of genotyped clinical specimens; >1 PCR is required for accurate description of HRV epidemiology...