Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on micrornas in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Locale: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Glazov E, McWilliam S, Barris W, Dalrymple B. Origin, evolution, and biological role of miRNA cluster in DLK-DIO3 genomic region in placental mammals. Mol Biol Evol. 2008;25:939-48 pubmed publisher..Overrepresentation of genes involved in regulation of neurogenesis among predicted miRNAs targets indicates an important role of the mir-379/mir-656 cluster in this biological process in the placental mammals. ..
- Boyle G, Woods S, Bonazzi V, Stark M, Hacker E, Aoude L, et al. Melanoma cell invasiveness is regulated by miR-211 suppression of the BRN2 transcription factor. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2011;24:525-37 pubmed publisher..We propose a model for the apparent non-overlapping expression levels of BRN2 and MITF in melanoma, mediated by miR-211 expression. ..
- Ragan C, Zuker M, Ragan M. Quantitative prediction of miRNA-mRNA interaction based on equilibrium concentrations. PLoS Comput Biol. 2011;7:e1001090 pubmed publisher..Our approach offers a more-quantitative understanding of post-translational regulation in different cell types, tissues, and developmental conditions. ..
- Saldaña M, Etebari K, Hart C, Widen S, Wood T, Thangamani S, et al. Zika virus alters the microRNA expression profile and elicits an RNAi response in Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005760 pubmed publisher..This study expands our understanding of ZIKV-vector interactions and provides potential avenues to be further investigated to target ZIKV in the mosquito host. ..
- An J, Lai J, Lehman M, Nelson C. miRDeep*: an integrated application tool for miRNA identification from RNA sequencing data. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:727-37 pubmed publisher..Further, we show that miRDeep* outperformed existing miRNA prediction tools using our LNCaP and other small RNAseq datasets. miRDeep* is freely available online at http://www.australianprostatecentre.org/research/software/mirdeep-star. ..
- Luu H, Lin H, Sørensen K, Ogunwobi O, Kumar N, Chornokur G, et al. miRNAs associated with prostate cancer risk and progression. BMC Urol. 2017;17:18 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, the findings from previous studies suggest miRNAs may play an important role in the risk and progression of prostate cancer as promising biomarkers. ..
- Jayachandran B, Hussain M, Asgari S. An insect trypsin-like serine protease as a target of microRNA: utilization of microRNA mimics and inhibitors by oral feeding. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;43:398-406 pubmed publisher..This is the first study which shows the potential of utilization of miRNA mimics and inhibitors in pest control by targeting specific insect genes. ..
- Wainwright E, Jorgensen J, Kim Y, Truong V, Bagheri Fam S, Davidson T, et al. SOX9 regulates microRNA miR-202-5p/3p expression during mouse testis differentiation. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:34 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that expression of the conserved gonad microRNA, miR-202-5p/3p, is downstream of the testis-determining factor SOX9, suggesting an early role in testis development. ..
- Brewster B, Rossiello F, French J, Edwards S, Wong M, Wronski A, et al. Identification of fifteen novel germline variants in the BRCA1 3'UTR reveals a variant in a breast cancer case that introduces a functional miR-103 target site. Hum Mutat. 2012;33:1665-75 pubmed publisher..0007) in 3'UTR reporter activity when coexpressed with the predicted targeting miRNA, miR-103. This is the most comprehensive identification and analysis of BRCA1 3'UTR variants published to date. ..
- Ragan C, Mowry B, Bauer D. Hybridization-based reconstruction of small non-coding RNA transcripts from deep sequencing data. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:7633-43 pubmed publisher..This feature makes it the first method particularly suitable for the prediction of both known and novel piRNAs. ..
- Bonazzi V, Stark M, Hayward N. MicroRNA regulation of melanoma progression. Melanoma Res. 2012;22:101-13 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the current literature, we present a network of miRNA interactions involved in melanoma progression. Some of these key miRNAs may have utility as diagnostic markers or in targeted treatments...