Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on keratinocytes in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Locale: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Sturm R, Box N, Ramsay M. Human pigmentation genetics: the difference is only skin deep. Bioessays. 1998;20:712-21 pubmed
- Popa C, Dicker A, Dahler A, Saunders N. Cytochrome P450, CYP26AI, is expressed at low levels in human epidermal keratinocytes and is not retinoic acid-inducible. Br J Dermatol. 1999;141:460-8 pubmed..These studies also indicate that as yet unknown isoforms of cytochrome P450 may be involved in RA metabolism in keratinocytes. ..
- Saunders N, Smith R, Jetten A. Regulation of guanylate-binding protein expression in interferon-gamma-treated human epidermal keratinocytes and squamous cell carcinoma cells. J Invest Dermatol. 1999;112:977-83 pubmed
- Adolphe C, Nieuwenhuis E, Villani R, Li Z, Kaur P, Hui C, et al. Patched 1 and patched 2 redundancy has a key role in regulating epidermal differentiation. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:1981-1990 pubmed publisher..In general, our findings implicate Ptch receptor redundancy as a key issue in elucidating the cellular origin of Hh-induced tumors. ..
- Hollier B, Harkin D, Leavesley D, Upton Z. Responses of keratinocytes to substrate-bound vitronectin: growth factor complexes. Exp Cell Res. 2005;305:221-32 pubmed..Indeed, similar responses are observed in primary cultures of human skin keratinocytes, highlighting the potential use of these novel complexes for a wide range of tissue repair applications. ..
- Egbewande F, Nilsson N, White J, Coster M, Davis R. The design, synthesis, and anti-inflammatory evaluation of a drug-like library based on the natural product valerenic acid. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3185-3189 pubmed publisher..Six analogues showed moderate activity in the IL-8 assay with IC50 values of 2.8-8.3?M, while none of the tested compounds showed any significant effect on inhibiting TNF-? release. ..
- de Kluyver R, Moritz L, Harris C, Azukizawa H, Frazer I. Antigen-specific CD8 T cells can eliminate antigen-bearing keratinocytes with clonogenic potential via an IFN-gamma-dependent mechanism. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:1841-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, antigen-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) may mediate destruction of epithelium expressing non-self antigen by eliminating KCs with potential for self-renewal through an IFN-gamma-dependent mechanism. ..
- Zhou F, Leggatt G, Frazer I. Human papillomavirus 16 E7 protein inhibits interferon-?-mediated enhancement of keratinocyte antigen processing and T-cell lysis. FEBS J. 2011;278:955-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, expression of HPV 16 E7 protein in KCs may inhibit enhancement by IFN-? of KC sensitivity to T-cell lysis, by impairing antigen presentation...
- Hazar Rethinam M, Cameron S, Dahler A, Endo Munoz L, Smith L, Rickwood D, et al. Loss of E2F7 expression is an early event in squamous differentiation and causes derepression of the key differentiation activator Sp1. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:1077-84 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that loss of E2F7 during the initiation of differentiation leads to the derepression of Sp1 and subsequent transcription of differentiation-specific genes such as TG1. ..
- Hung B, Wang X, Cam G, Rothnagel J. Characterization of mouse Frizzled-3 expression in hair follicle development and identification of the human homolog in keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2001;116:940-6 pubmed..The human Frizzled-3 gene was mapped using a radiation-hybrid cell line panel to the short arm of chromosome 8 between the markers WI-1172 and WI-8496 near the loci for the Hypotrichosis of Marie Unna and Hairless genes. ..
- Zhou F, Chen J, Zhao K. Human papillomavirus 16-encoded E7 protein inhibits IFN-?-mediated MHC class I antigen presentation and CTL-induced lysis by blocking IRF-1 expression in mouse keratinocytes. J Gen Virol. 2013;94:2504-14 pubmed publisher..These results may reveal a new mechanism whereby HPV16 escapes from immune surveillance in vivo...
- Roberts D, Newton R, Beaumont K, Helen Leonard J, Sturm R. Quantitative analysis of MC1R gene expression in human skin cell cultures. Pigment Cell Res. 2006;19:76-89 pubmed
- Pandeya N, Olsen C, Whiteman D. The incidence and multiplicity rates of keratinocyte cancers in Australia. Med J Aust. 2017;207:339-343 pubmed..To assess the incidence and multiplicity of keratinocyte cancers (basal cell carcinoma [BCC] and squamous cell carcinoma [SCC]) excised in Australia, and to examine variations by age, sex, state, and prior skin cancer history...
- Chen Q, Zhou H, Yang Y, Chi M, Xie N, Zhang H, et al. Investigating the potential of Oxymatrine as a psoriasis therapy. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;271:59-66 pubmed publisher..In summary, Oxymatrine offers an effective, economical, and safe treatment for patients presenting with intractable psoriasis vulgaris. ..
- Wong S, Ainger S, Leonard J, Sturm R. MC1R variant allele effects on UVR-induced phosphorylation of p38, p53, and DDB2 repair protein responses in melanocytic cells in culture. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:1452-61 pubmed publisher..We also found that MC1R wild-type strains regulate DDB2 protein levels through p38, but MC1R R/R variant melanocytes do not. This work confirms the important functional role that the MC1R receptor plays in UVR stress-induced DNA repair. ..
- Smith L, Dahler A, Cavanagh L, Popa C, Barnes L, Serewko Auret M, et al. Modulation of proliferation-specific and differentiation-specific markers in human keratinocytes by SMAD7. Exp Cell Res. 2004;294:356-65 pubmed..This latter role is consistent with the ability of SMAD7 to inhibit TGFbeta-mediated suppression of keratinocyte differentiation and suggest that the opposing actions of SMAD7 and TGFbeta may serve to modulate squamous differentiation. ..
- Kempf M, Miyamura Y, Liu P, Chen A, Nakamura H, Shimizu H, et al. A denatured collagen microfiber scaffold seeded with human fibroblasts and keratinocytes for skin grafting. Biomaterials. 2011;32:4782-92 pubmed publisher..In vivo testing of these HSEs on immunocompetent (BalbC) and immunodeficient (SCID) excisionally wounded model mice demonstrated scaffold wound biocompatibility and ability to deliver human cells after scaffold biodegradation. ..
- Broom J, Lew A, Azukizawa H, Kenna T, Leggatt G, Frazer I. Antigen-specific CD4 cells assist CD8 T-effector cells in eliminating keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:1581-9 pubmed publisher..Effective immunotherapy directed at antigens expressed in squamous cancer may therefore be facilitated by induction of tumor antigen-specific CD4 helper T cells, as well as cytotoxic CD8 T cells. ..
- Roberts D, Newton R, Leonard J, Sturm R. Melanocytes expressing MC1R polymorphisms associated with red hair color have altered MSH-ligand activated pigmentary responses in coculture with keratinocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2008;215:344-55 pubmed
- Hyde C, Hollier B, Anderson A, Harkin D, Upton Z. Insulin-like growth factors (IGF) and IGF-binding proteins bound to vitronectin enhance keratinocyte protein synthesis and migration. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;122:1198-206 pubmed..Moreover, these results suggest that IGF-II:VN and IGF-I:IGFBP-5:VN complexes may be useful in situations where enhanced keratinocyte cell migration and proliferation is required, such as in wound healing and skin regeneration. ..