Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Locale: South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Publications127 found, 100 shown here
- Loh R, Thong Y, Ferrante A. Immunoglobulin G subclass deficiency in children with high levels of immunoglobulin E and infection proneness. Int Arch Allergy Appl Immunol. 1990;93:285-8 pubmed..006). These results suggest that IgG subclass studies may be warranted in children with markedly elevated levels of serum IgE and proneness to infection. ..
- Seow W, Thong Y, Ferrante A. Macrophage-neutrophil interactions: contrasting effects of the monokines interleukin-1 and tumour necrosis factor (cachectin) on human neutrophil adherence. Immunology. 1987;62:357-61 pubmed..The effects of these monokines on neutrophil adherence were abolished by heating but not by polymyxin B treatment, showing that their modulatory properties were not mediated by endotoxin. ..
- Tran U, Gray P, O Callaghan M. Neonatal antecedents for cerebral palsy in extremely preterm babies and interaction with maternal factors. Early Hum Dev. 2005;81:555-61 pubmed..PVL is the most powerful independent predictor of CP in extremely preterm infants of 27 weeks' gestation or less and appears to be uninfluenced by antenatal factors. ..
- Winkler I, Levesque J. Mechanisms of hematopoietic stem cell mobilization: when innate immunity assails the cells that make blood and bone. Exp Hematol. 2006;34:996-1009 pubmed
- Gilhotra Y, Porter P. Predicting diabetic ketoacidosis in children by measuring end-tidal CO2 via non-invasive nasal capnography. J Paediatr Child Health. 2007;43:677-80 pubmed..Nasal capnography in conjunction with clinical assessment is predictive of DKA. Further research into this area with larger numbers could help validate ETCO(2) as a screening tool for DKA in the emergency department. ..
- Jongbloed S, Kassianos A, McDonald K, Clark G, Ju X, Angel C, et al. Human CD141+ (BDCA-3)+ dendritic cells (DCs) represent a unique myeloid DC subset that cross-presents necrotic cell antigens. J Exp Med. 2010;207:1247-60 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate a role for CD141+ DCs in the induction of cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses and suggest that they may be the most relevant targets for vaccination against cancers, viruses, and other pathogens...
- Dickson H, Kavanagh D, MacLeod C. The pulling power of chocolate: Effects of approach-avoidance training on approach bias and consumption. Appetite. 2016;99:46-51 pubmed publisher..The collective evidence does not as yet provide solid basis for the application of AAT training to reduction of problematic food consumption, although clinical trials have yet to be conducted. ..
- Jones J, Robak T, Brown J, Awan F, Badoux X, Coutre S, et al. Efficacy and safety of idelalisib in combination with ofatumumab for previously treated chronic lymphocytic leukaemia: an open-label, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Haematol. 2017;4:e114-e126 pubmed publisher..Gilead Sciences, Inc. ..
- Crouch A, Seow W, Whitman L, Smith S, Thong Y. Inhibition of adherence of Giardia intestinalis by human neutrophils and monocytes. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 1991;85:375-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the adherence mechanism of G. intestinalis may be a feasible target for immunological attack by phagocytic cells. ..
- Li S, Ling L, Teh B, Seow W, Thong Y. Anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties of the bis-benzylisoquinolines: in vitro comparisons of tetrandrine and berbamine. Int J Immunopharmacol. 1989;11:395-401 pubmed
- Poulsen M, Rischin D, Walpole E, Harvey J, Mackintosh J, Ainslie J, et al. High-risk Merkel cell carcinoma of the skin treated with synchronous carboplatin/etoposide and radiation: a Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group Study--TROG 96:07. J Clin Oncol. 2003;21:4371-6 pubmed..High levels of locoregional control and survival have been achieved with the addition of chemotherapy to radiation treatment for high-risk MCC of the skin. The role of chemoradiotherapy for high-risk MCC warrants further investigation. ..
- Nourse C, Allworth A, Jones A, Horvath R, McCormack J, Bartlett J, et al. Three cases of Q fever osteomyelitis in children and a review of the literature. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;39:e61-6 pubmed..Optimal selection and duration of antimicrobial therapy and methods of monitoring therapy are currently uncertain. ..
- Winkler I, Hendy J, Coughlin P, Horvath A, Levesque J. Serine protease inhibitors serpina1 and serpina3 are down-regulated in bone marrow during hematopoietic progenitor mobilization. J Exp Med. 2005;201:1077-88 pubmed..These data suggest an unexpected role for serpina1 and serpina3 in regulating the bone marrow hematopoietic microenvironment as well as influencing the migratory behavior of hematopoietic precursors. ..
- Radford K, Turtle C, Kassianos A, Hart D. CD11c+ blood dendritic cells induce antigen-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes with similar efficiency compared to monocyte-derived dendritic cells despite higher levels of MHC class I expression. J Immunother. 2006;29:596-605 pubmed..The ability of BDCs to induce efficient CTL responses, combined with their migratory capacity, makes them an appealing alternative to be investigated in clinical immunotherapy research protocols. ..
- Lennox N, Bain C, Rey Conde T, Purdie D, Bush R, Pandeya N. Effects of a comprehensive health assessment programme for Australian adults with intellectual disability: a cluster randomized trial. Int J Epidemiol. 2007;36:139-46 pubmed..The presumption that these will yield longer-term health benefits, while suggestive, remains unexamined. ..
- Wilson J, Cullup H, Lourie R, Sheng Y, Palkova A, Radford K, et al. Antibody to the dendritic cell surface activation antigen CD83 prevents acute graft-versus-host disease. J Exp Med. 2009;206:387-98 pubmed publisher..Antibodies that target activated DC are a promising new therapeutic approach to the control of GVHD. ..
- Humphreys S, Pham T, Stocker C, Schibler A. The effect of induction of anesthesia and intubation on end-expiratory lung level and regional ventilation distribution in cardiac children. Paediatr Anaesth. 2011;21:887-93 pubmed publisher..PEEP during mechanical ventilation did not improve ventilation inhomogeneity. Lung volume and mechanics deteriorate significantly during the induction of anesthesia and remain altered during mechanical ventilation. ..
- Flenady V, Koopmans L, Middleton P, Frøen J, Smith G, Gibbons K, et al. Major risk factors for stillbirth in high-income countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet. 2011;377:1331-40 pubmed publisher..The Stillbirth Foundation Australia, the Department of Health and Ageing, Canberra, Australia, and the Mater Foundation, Brisbane, Australia. ..
- Knight B, Hickman I, Gibbons K, McIntyre H. Quantitative assessment of dietary intake in adults with Type 1 diabetes following flexible insulin therapy education with an active promotion of dietary freedom. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;116:36-42 pubmed publisher..On the contrary, the dietary changes observed were reductions in energy, carbohydrate and protein intake. Flexible insulin education may offer benefits in enabling reduced energy intake without increasing hypoglycaemia. ..
- Snell C, Gough M, Middleton K, Hsieh M, Furnas L, Seidl B, et al. Absent progesterone receptor expression in the lymph node metastases of ER-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer is associated with relapse on tamoxifen. J Clin Pathol. 2017;70:954-960 pubmed publisher..519, 95% CI 0.675 to 3.418, p=0.312). Evaluation of PR expression in ALN metastasis may enable prediction of patients who are less likely to benefit from adjuvant tamoxifen. This study should be replicated in other cohorts. ..
- Joyce A, Quantock K, Banh R, Liew Y. Hemolytic transfusion reaction attributable to anti-Dia. Immunohematology. 2017;33:6-8 pubmed
- Cincotta R, Gray P, Phythian G, Rogers Y, Chan F. Long term outcome of twin-twin transfusion syndrome. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2000;83:F171-6 pubmed..Twins with TTTS have high perinatal mortality and neonatal morbidity, and long term neurodevelopmental morbidity in survivors is high. Further investigation into the pathogenesis and management of TTTS is required. ..
- Clark G, Fitzpatrick S, Kuo B, Modra C, Jamriska L, Hart D. CMRF-35A, CMRF-35H: potential new CD. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2002;16:233-5 pubmed
- Poulsen M, Rischin D, Porter I, Walpole E, Harvey J, Hamilton C, et al. Does chemotherapy improve survival in high-risk stage I and II Merkel cell carcinoma of the skin?. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006;64:114-9 pubmed..A study of this size is inadequately powered to detect small improvements in survival, and a larger randomized study remains the only way to truly confirm whether chemotherapy improves the results in high-risk MCC. ..
- Pham T, Yuill M, Dakin C, Schibler A. Regional ventilation distribution in the first 6 months of life. Eur Respir J. 2011;37:919-24 pubmed publisher..Regional ventilation distribution and regional filling characteristics remained unchanged over the first 6 months of life, and the results obtained on regional ventilation distribution are very similar to those in adult subjects. ..
- Hines S, Steels E, Chang A, Gibbons K. Aromatherapy for treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012;:CD007598 pubmed publisher..71). Isopropyl alcohol was more effective than saline placebo for reducing postoperative nausea and vomiting but less effective than standard anti-emetic drugs. There is currently no reliable evidence for the use of peppermint oil. ..
- Hough J, Johnston L, Brauer S, Woodgate P, Schibler A. Effect of body position on ventilation distribution in ventilated preterm infants. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2013;14:171-7 pubmed publisher..01). In contrast to previous studies showing that ventilation is distributed to the nondependent lung in infants and children, this study shows that gravity has little effect on regional ventilation distribution. ..
- Brennan D, Hackethal A, Metcalf A, Coward J, Ferguson K, Oehler M, et al. Serum HE4 as a prognostic marker in endometrial cancer--a population based study. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;132:159-65 pubmed publisher..In particular they highlight the utility of HE4 for pre-operative risk stratification to identify high-risk patients within low-grade endometrioid endometrial cancer patients who might benefit from lymphadenectomy. ..
- Duley J, Ni M, Shannon C, Norris R, Sheffield L, Harris M, et al. Towards a test to predict 5-fluorouracil toxicity: Pharmacokinetic data for thymine and two sequential metabolites following oral thymine administration to healthy adult males. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2016;81:36-41 pubmed publisher..Saliva thymine was highly variable. These data are potentially useful as a basis for developing of a screening procedure to prospectively identify patients who are at risk of toxicity from fluoropyrimidine drugs. ..
- Speight J, Holmes Truscott E, Harvey D, Hendrieckx C, Hagger V, Harris S, et al. Structured type 1 diabetes education delivered in routine care in Australia reduces diabetes-related emergencies and severe diabetes-related distress: The OzDAFNE program. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;112:65-72 pubmed publisher..7% (7 mmol/mol) among those with highest baseline levels. Structured type 1 diabetes education delivered in routine practice offers clinically important benefits for those with greatest clinical need. ..
- Thurstan R, Game E, Pandolfi J. Popular media records reveal multi-decadal trends in recreational fishing catch rates. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182345 pubmed publisher..Despite these challenges, this research demonstrates that popular media sources can provide multiple long-term trends at spatial scales, in units and via a recreational experience that many people can relate to. ..
- Jones B, Brooke G, Atkinson K, McTaggart S. Immunosuppression by placental indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase: a role for mesenchymal stem cells. Placenta. 2007;28:1174-81 pubmed..Further investigation is needed to determine if pMSC function effects pregnancy outcome. ..
- Levesque J, Winkler I. 38th Annual Meeting of the International Society of Experimental Hematology. Expert Rev Hematol. 2009;2:645-7 pubmed publisher..Owing to the large number of keynote speakers, this report focuses on the most novel, unpublished data presented during the meeting. ..
- Edwards D, Gibbons K, Gray P. Relationship quality for mothers of very preterm infants. Early Hum Dev. 2016;92:13-8 pubmed publisher..No differences in the incidence of poor quality couple relationship was found between mothers of very preterm and term infants. For preterm mothers, impaired couple relationship was associated with parenting stress. ..
- O Grady K, Grimwood K, Sloots T, Whiley D, Acworth J, Phillips N, et al. Prevalence, codetection and seasonal distribution of upper airway viruses and bacteria in children with acute respiratory illnesses with cough as a symptom. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:527-34 pubmed publisher..Virus-H.Â influenzae interactions in ARI should be investigated further, especially as the contribution of nontypeable H.Â influenzae to acute and chronic respiratory diseases is being increasingly recognized. ..
- Williams S, Munster D, Quin R, Gotley D, McGuckin M. The MUC3 gene encodes a transmembrane mucin and is alternatively spliced. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;261:83-9 pubmed..The new finding that MUC3 encodes a transmembrane molecule presents a new paradigm for the structure of this mucin and the manner in which it may function. ..
- ..This review will focus on the physiological roles of sulfate in fetal development, with links to human and animal pathophysiologies. ..
- Wu J, McGown I, Lin L, Achermann J, Harris M, Cowley D, et al. A novel NR5A1 variant in an infant with elevated testosterone from an Australasian cohort of 46,XY patients with disorders of sex development. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2013;78:545-50 pubmed publisher..This is the first reported case of a DSD patient with a NR5A1 mutation and elevated testosterone levels. Our finding supports evaluation of NR5A1 mutations in 46,XY DSD patients with a range of testosterone levels. ..
- Nihal A, Trepman E, Nag D. First ray disorders in athletes. Sports Med Arthrosc Rev. 2009;17:160-6 pubmed publisher..First ray disorders in athletes frequently are treated by nonoperative methods including relative rest, ice, elevation, activity modification, shoe modification, and insoles. ..
- McGuckin M, Eri R, Das I, Lourie R, Florin T. ER stress and the unfolded protein response in intestinal inflammation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;298:G820-32 pubmed publisher..Evidence is reviewed from mouse models and human inflammatory bowel diseases that ties ER stress and activation of the UPR with intestinal inflammation, and possible therapeutic approaches to ameliorate ER stress are discussed. ..
- Tan L. A critical review of adolescent mindfulness-based programmes. Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2016;21:193-207 pubmed publisher..However, with the availability of recent and age-appropriate mindfulness measures for adolescents, more rigorous and robust research looks promising. ..
- Gardiner P, Mishra G, Dobson A. The Effect of Socioeconomic Status Across Adulthood on Trajectories of Frailty in Older Women. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016;17:372.e1-3 pubmed publisher..Occupation and education were not associated with trajectories of frailty. Some women remain frailty free until age 85-90Â years. The strongest impact on frailty is late-life SES. ..
- Lim D, Egan C. Reticulated rash on the thighs. Erythema ab igne. Postgrad Med. 2004;115:81-2 pubmed
- Florin T, Pandeya N, Radford Smith G. Epidemiology of appendicectomy in primary sclerosing cholangitis and ulcerative colitis: its influence on the clinical behaviour of these diseases. Gut. 2004;53:973-9 pubmed..Further prospective studies are required to determine any influence of appendicectomy on the extent of colitis in IBD and an associated dysplasia or colorectal cancer. ..
- Bray L, Heazlewood C, Atkinson K, Hutmacher D, Harkin D. Evaluation of methods for cultivating limbal mesenchymal stromal cells. Cytotherapy. 2012;14:936-47 pubmed publisher..MesenCult-XF is a superior culture system for L-MSC, but further studies are required to explore the significance of CD141 expression in these cells. ..
- Currow D, Quinn S, Agar M, Fazekas B, Hardy J, McCaffrey N, et al. Double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial of octreotide in malignant bowel obstruction. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015;49:814-21 pubmed publisher..004), potentially reflecting increased colicky pain. Although there was no reduction in the number of days free of vomiting, the multivariate analysis suggests that further study of somatostatin analogues in this setting is warranted. ..
- Chiorean E, Von Hoff D, Reni M, Arena F, Infante J, Bathini V, et al. CA19-9 decrease at 8 weeks as a predictor of overall survival in a randomized phase III trial (MPACT) of weekly nab-paclitaxel plus gemcitabine versus gemcitabine alone in patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:654-60 pubmed publisher..CA19-9 decrease identified more patients with survival benefit than radiologic response by week 8. ..
- ..This review article describes disorders that may imitate preeclampsia (PET), preeclampsia with haemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelets (HELLP syndrome) and eclampsia. ..
- Schibler A, Pham T, Dunster K, Foster K, Barlow A, Gibbons K, et al. Reduced intubation rates for infants after introduction of high-flow nasal prong oxygen delivery. Intensive Care Med. 2011;37:847-52 pubmed publisher..HFNP therapy has dramatically changed ventilatory practice in infants <24 months of age in our institution, and appears to reduce the need for intubation in infants with viral bronchiolitis. ..
- Hardy M, Kassianos A, Vulink A, Wilkinson R, Jongbloed S, Hart D, et al. NK cells enhance the induction of CTL responses by IL-15 monocyte-derived dendritic cells. Immunol Cell Biol. 2009;87:606-14 pubmed publisher..These data implicate a role for small percentages of NK cells in the enhanced capacity of IL-15 MoDC to induce tumour-specific CTL independent of IL-12p70. ..
- Serisier D, Martin M. Long-term, low-dose erythromycin in bronchiectasis subjects with frequent infective exacerbations. Respir Med. 2011;105:946-9 pubmed publisher..These data have enabled powering of an RCT of long-term, low-dose erythromycin, which is now underway and also incorporates bronchoscopic evaluation for pathophysiologic data. ..
- Serisier D, Bilton D, De Soyza A, Thompson P, Kolbe J, Greville H, et al. Inhaled, dual release liposomal ciprofloxacin in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis (ORBIT-2): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Thorax. 2013;68:812-7 pubmed publisher..In this modest-sized phase II study, DRCFI was also well tolerated and delayed time to first pulmonary exacerbation in the per protocol population. ..
- Wu C, Sung H, Chang A, Atherton J, Kostner K, McPhail S. Cardiac-diabetes self-management program for Australians and Taiwanese: A randomized blocked design study. Nurs Health Sci. 2017;19:307-315 pubmed publisher..Further research is required to clarify components of the program work for each cultural group. ..
- Spearing N, Jensen A, McCall B, Neill A, McCormack J. Direct costs associated with a nosocomial outbreak of Salmonella infection: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Am J Infect Control. 2000;28:54-7 pubmed..We suggest that dedication of limited resources toward such preventive strategies as education is a practical and cost-effective option for health care facilities. ..
- Williams S, Wreschner D, Tran M, Eyre H, Sutherland G, McGuckin M. Muc13, a novel human cell surface mucin expressed by epithelial and hemopoietic cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:18327-36 pubmed..MUC13 is cleaved, and the beta-subunit containing the cytoplasmic tail undergoes homodimerization. Including MUC13, there are at least five cell surface mucins expressed in the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Petersen S, Wong S, Urs P, Gray P, Gardener G. Early onset, severe fetal growth restriction with absent or reversed end-diastolic flow velocity waveform in the umbilical artery: perinatal and long-term outcomes. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2009;49:45-51 pubmed publisher..When delivery occurs for fetal indications, the majority of these women require classical CS. Short-term neonatal morbidity is high though none of the survivors had cerebral palsy. ..
- Belavy D, Cowlishaw P, Howes M, Phillips F. Ultrasound-guided transversus abdominis plane block for analgesia after Caesarean delivery. Br J Anaesth. 2009;103:726-30 pubmed publisher..Registered with the Australia New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry ACTRN12608000540314. URL: http://www.anzctr.org.au/trial_view.aspx?ID=83176. ..
- Ding Y, Ju X, Azlan M, Hart D, Clark G. Screening of the HLDA9 panel on peripheral blood dendritic cell populations. Immunol Lett. 2011;134:161-6 pubmed publisher..Some of the mAb expected to bind to DC populations failed in this analysis. Overall, this screening highlighted similarities between the CD11c(+) DC subsets and the relatively immature state of peripheral blood DC. ..
- Flenady V, Middleton P, Smith G, Duke W, Erwich J, Khong T, et al. Stillbirths: the way forward in high-income countries. Lancet. 2011;377:1703-17 pubmed publisher..Identification of ways to reduce maternal overweight and obesity is a high priority for high-income countries. ..
- ..To describe the background and strategy required for the prevention of blindness from glaucoma in developing countries...
- Samidurai A, Ware R, Davies P. The influence of mandatory iodine fortification on the iodine status of Australian school children residing in an iodine sufficient region. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017;26:680-685 pubmed publisher..Despite the small sample size in this study, improvements in methodology allowed its findings to be comparable to other, larger surveys. ..
- O Grady K, Drescher B, Goyal V, Phillips N, Acworth J, Marchant J, et al. Chronic cough postacute respiratory illness in children: a cohort study. Arch Dis Child. 2017;102:1044-1048 pubmed publisher..We aimed to (1) identify the prevalence of chronic cough following acute respiratory illness (ARI) and (2) determine the diagnostic outcomes of children with chronic cough...
- Samnakay N, Tudehope D, Walker R. Spin on perinatal testicular torsion. J Paediatr Child Health. 2006;42:734-6 pubmed..A good understanding of the issues unique to perinatal torsion will facilitate appropriate counseling of parents of affected neonates...
- Dean A, Duke S, George M, Scott J. Behavioral management leads to reduction in aggression in a child and adolescent psychiatric inpatient unit. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2007;46:711-20 pubmed..These findings highlight the importance of organizational approaches to behavior and risk management. ..
- Dean A, Duke S, Scott J, Bor W, George M, McDermott B. Physical aggression during admission to a child and adolescent inpatient unit: predictors and impact on clinical outcomes. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2008;42:536-43 pubmed publisher..Further research is necessary to clarify how aggressive children can receive the most benefit from inpatient admission while minimizing the risks to the patient and those around them. ..
- Png C, Linden S, Gilshenan K, Zoetendal E, McSweeney C, Sly L, et al. Mucolytic bacteria with increased prevalence in IBD mucosa augment in vitro utilization of mucin by other bacteria. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105:2420-8 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that mucolytic bacteria are increased in IBD, providing increased substrate to sustain nonmucolytic mucosa-associated bacteria...
- Tudehope D, Vento M, Bhutta Z, Pachi P. Nutritional requirements and feeding recommendations for small for gestational age infants. J Pediatr. 2013;162:S81-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, we recommend SGA infants be allowed to "room in" with their mothers to promote breastfeeding, mother-infant attachment, and skin-to-skin contact to assist with thermoregulation. ..
- Sanchez W, McGee S, Connor T, Mottram B, Wilkinson A, Whitehead J, et al. Dichloroacetate inhibits aerobic glycolysis in multiple myeloma cells and increases sensitivity to bortezomib. Br J Cancer. 2013;108:1624-33 pubmed publisher..Myeloma cells display aerobic glycolysis and DCA may complement clinically used MM therapies to inhibit disease progression. ..
- Gray P, Edwards D, O Callaghan M, Cuskelly M, Gibbons K. Parenting stress in mothers of very preterm infants -- influence of development, temperament and maternal depression. Early Hum Dev. 2013;89:625-9 pubmed publisher..For preterm mothers, symptoms of depression and infant temperament are independent risk factors for higher levels of parenting stress. ..
- Tsiros M, Buckley J, Olds T, Howe P, Hills A, Walkley J, et al. Impaired Physical Function Associated with Childhood Obesity: How Should We Intervene?. Child Obes. 2016;12:126-34 pubmed publisher..However, a combined approach to intervention, targeting reductions in body fat percentage, reductions in pain, and improvements in physical activity and CRF may assist physical functioning. ..
- Maynard M, Zele A, Kwan A, Feigl B. Intrinsically Photosensitive Retinal Ganglion Cell Function, Sleep Efficiency and Depression in Advanced Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:990-996 pubmed publisher..The correlation between the melanopsin-mediated PIPR and sleep may indicate reduced photic input to the suprachiasmatic nucleus and ventrolateral preoptic area due to ipRGC dysfunction in AMD. ..
- Thearle M. The rise and fall of phrenology in Australia. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 1993;27:518-25 pubmed..As such, it remained popular with charlatans and the public well into the twentieth century. ..
- Clark G, Cooper B, Fitzpatrick S, Green B, Hart D. The gene encoding the immunoregulatory signaling molecule CMRF-35A localized to human chromosome 17 in close proximity to other members of the CMRF-35 family. Tissue Antigens. 2001;57:415-23 pubmed..This gene appears to have arisen by gene duplication of the CMRF-35A gene. These three loci - the CMRF-35A, CMRF-35J and CMRF-35H genes-form a new complex of IRS genes on chromosome 17. ..
- Choong C, Fuller P, Chu S, Jeske Y, Bowling F, Brown R, et al. Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor of the ovary, a rare cause of precocious puberty in a 12-month-old infant. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:49-56 pubmed
- Poulsen M, Porceddu S, Kingsley P, Tripcony L, Coman W. Locally advanced tonsillar squamous cell carcinoma: Treatment approach revisited. Laryngoscope. 2007;117:45-50 pubmed..Surgery and postoperative radiotherapy continues to provide a superior outcome in locally advanced tonsil SCC in patients with surgically resectable disease, good ECOG performance status, and medically operable. ..
- Bowling F. Pyridoxine supply in human development. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2011;22:611-8 pubmed publisher..Pyridoxine potentiates vitamin A teratogenicity and an excess leads to peripheral nerve cell degeneration. The key role of vitamin B(6) in the developing human is in metabolism, especially of the neurotransmitters. ..
- Wortmann A, He Y, Christensen M, Linn M, Lumley J, Pollock P, et al. Cellular settings mediating Src Substrate switching between focal adhesion kinase tyrosine 861 and CUB-domain-containing protein 1 (CDCP1) tyrosine 734. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:42303-15 pubmed publisher..Unlike protein kinase C?, FAK does not appear to form a trimeric complex with Src and CDCP1. These data demonstrate novel aspects of the dynamics of SFK-mediated cell signaling that may be relevant during cancer progression. ..
- Armes J, Davies C, Wallace S, Taheri T, Perrin L, Autelitano D. AGR2 expression in ovarian tumours: a potential biomarker for endometrioid and mucinous differentiation. Pathology. 2013;45:49-54 pubmed publisher..To examine AGR2 expression in ovarian epithelial tumours and its potential role as a prognostic biomarker...
- Serisier D, Martin M, McGuckin M, Lourie R, Chen A, Brain B, et al. Effect of long-term, low-dose erythromycin on pulmonary exacerbations among patients with non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis: the BLESS randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2013;309:1260-7 pubmed publisher..anzctr.org.au Identifier: ACTRN12609000578202. ..
- Harley D, Bossingham D, Purdie D, Pandeya N, Sleigh A. Ross River virus disease in tropical Queensland: evolution of rheumatic manifestations in an inception cohort followed for six months. Med J Aust. 2002;177:352-5 pubmed..To describe the natural history of rheumatic manifestations of Ross River virus (RRV) disease...
- Dunlop S, Hough J, Riedel T, Fraser J, Dunster K, Schibler A. Electrical impedance tomography in extremely prematurely born infants and during high frequency oscillatory ventilation analyzed in the frequency domain. Physiol Meas. 2006;27:1151-65 pubmed..Band pass filtering of EIT data is necessary in premature infants and on HFOV to differentiate and eliminate relative impedance changes caused by physiological events other than the one of interest. ..
- Linden S, Florin T, McGuckin M. Mucin dynamics in intestinal bacterial infection. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3952 pubmed publisher..coli. Mucin glycoproteins are the main component of the first barrier that bacteria encounter in the intestinal tract...