Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetic models in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Locale: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Topic: genetic models
- Gleeson D, Blows M, Owens I. Genetic covariance between indices of body condition and immunocompetence in a passerine bird. BMC Evol Biol. 2005;5:61 pubmed..Additional work is now required to test whether genetic covariance exists among other aspects of both condition and immunocompetence. ..
- Beiko R, Harlow T, Ragan M. Highways of gene sharing in prokaryotes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:14332-7 pubmed..The inferred relationships suggest a pattern of inheritance that is largely vertical, but with notable exceptions among closely related taxa, and among distantly related organisms that live in similar environments. ..
- Mar J, Harlow T, Ragan M. Bayesian and maximum likelihood phylogenetic analyses of protein sequence data under relative branch-length differences and model violation. BMC Evol Biol. 2005;5:8 pubmed
- Nyholt D, Gillespie N, Heath A, Merikangas K, Duffy D, Martin N. Latent class and genetic analysis does not support migraine with aura and migraine without aura as separate entities. Genet Epidemiol. 2004;26:231-44 pubmed
- Simpson F, Martin S, Evans T, Kerr M, James D, Parton R, et al. A novel hook-related protein family and the characterization of hook-related protein 1. Traffic. 2005;6:442-58 pubmed..We propose that HkRP1 is involved in the process of tubulation of sorting nexin-1 positive membranes from early endosome subdomains. ..
- Kirk K, Bailey J, Dunne M, Martin N. Measurement models for sexual orientation in a community twin sample. Behav Genet. 2000;30:345-56 pubmed..2000). Estimates of the heritability of homosexuality in this sample ranged between 50 and 60% in females but were significantly lower (heritability of approximately 30%) in males. ..
- de Oliveira Dal Molin C, Quek L, Palfreyman R, Brumbley S, Nielsen L. AraGEM, a genome-scale reconstruction of the primary metabolic network in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:579-89 pubmed publisher..AraGEM is a viable framework for in silico functional analysis and can be used to derive new, nontrivial hypotheses for exploring plant metabolism. ..
- Mosing M, Gordon S, Medland S, Statham D, Nelson E, Heath A, et al. Genetic and environmental influences on the co-morbidity between depression, panic disorder, agoraphobia, and social phobia: a twin study. Depress Anxiety. 2009;26:1004-11 pubmed publisher..The high genetic correlation between PD and AG and the increased odds ratio for PD and AG in siblings of those with AG without PD suggests a common genetic etiology for PD and AG. ..
- Duffy D, Zhao Z, Sturm R, Hayward N, Martin N, Montgomery G. Multiple pigmentation gene polymorphisms account for a substantial proportion of risk of cutaneous malignant melanoma. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:520-8 pubmed publisher..We also detected significant epistatic interactions between SLC45A2 and OCA2 alleles, and MC1R and ASIP alleles. Overall, these measured variants account for 12% of the familial risk of CMM in our population. ..
- Wray N, James M, Gordon S, Dumenil T, Ryan L, Coventry W, et al. Accurate, Large-Scale Genotyping of 5HTTLPR and Flanking Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in an Association Study of Depression, Anxiety, and Personality Measures. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;66:468-76 pubmed publisher..55, 95% confidence interval = 1.16-2.06). The associated SNPs are in the same LD block as the variable number of tandem repeats serotonin transporter intron 2 marker, for which association has previously been reported. ..
- Quek L, Nielsen L. On the reconstruction of the Mus musculus genome-scale metabolic network model. Genome Inform. 2008;21:89-100 pubmed
- Gibson G. Decanalization and the origin of complex disease. Nat Rev Genet. 2009;10:134-40 pubmed publisher..The rapid evolution of the human genome combined with marked environmental and cultural perturbation in the past two generations might lead to the uncovering of cryptic genetic variation that is a major source of disease susceptibility. ..
- Chenoweth S, Visscher P. Association mapping in outbred populations: power and efficiency when genotyping parents and phenotyping progeny. Genetics. 2009;181:755-65 pubmed publisher..A web-based application implementing our expressions has been developed to aid in the design of indirect association studies. ..
- Rowland J, Lichanska A, Kerr L, White M, d Aniello E, Maher S, et al. In vivo analysis of growth hormone receptor signaling domains and their associated transcripts. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:66-77 pubmed..These mice represent the first step in delineating the domains of the GHR regulating body growth and composition and the transcripts associated with these domains. ..
- Meadows J, Cemal I, Karaca O, Gootwine E, Kijas J. Five ovine mitochondrial lineages identified from sheep breeds of the near East. Genetics. 2007;175:1371-9 pubmed
- Crane D, Maxwell M, Paton B. PEX1 mutations in the Zellweger spectrum of the peroxisome biogenesis disorders. Hum Mutat. 2005;26:167-75 pubmed..This article provides an overview of the currently known PEX1 mutations, and includes, when necessary, revised mutation nomenclature and genotype-phenotype correlations that may be useful for clinical diagnosis. ..
- Martin N, Hansell N, Wainwright M, Shekar S, Medland S, Bates T, et al. Genetic covariation between theAuthor Recognition Test and reading and verbal abilities: what can we learn from the analysis of high performance?. Behav Genet. 2009;39:417-26 pubmed publisher..This suggests a distinct genetic etiology for high ART ability and we speculate that the specific genetic influence is on orthographical processing, a critical factor in developing word recognition skills. ..
- Chappell K, Nall T, Stoermer M, Fang N, Tyndall J, Fairlie D, et al. Site-directed mutagenesis and kinetic studies of the West Nile Virus NS3 protease identify key enzyme-substrate interactions. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2896-903 pubmed publisher..High sequence conservation within flavivirus proteases means that this study may also be relevant to design of protease inhibitors for other flavivirus proteases...
- Medland S, Loesch D, Mdzewski B, Zhu G, Montgomery G, Martin N. Linkage analysis of a model quantitative trait in humans: finger ridge count shows significant multivariate linkage to 5q14.1. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:1736-44 pubmed
- Liew A, Xian J, Wu S, Smith D, Yan H. Spectral estimation in unevenly sampled space of periodically expressed microarray time series data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:137 pubmed..The method can also be used as an effective tool for gene expression time series interpolation or resampling. ..
- Tian T, Burrage K. Bistability and switching in the lysis/lysogeny genetic regulatory network of bacteriophage lambda. J Theor Biol. 2004;227:229-37 pubmed..The approach in this paper represents an attempt to describe the regulatory mechanism in genetic regulatory network under the influence of intrinsic noise in the framework of continuous models. ..
- Richards G, Degnan B. The dawn of developmental signaling in the metazoa. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2009;74:81-90 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study highlights the stability and antiquity of the core cytosolic components of each pathway, juxtaposed with the more variable and recently evolved molecular interactions taking place at the cell surface. ..
- Beiko R, Charlebois R. GANN: genetic algorithm neural networks for the detection of conserved combinations of features in DNA. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:36 pubmed..GANN is a flexible tool that can search through large sets of sequence and structural feature combinations to identify those that best characterize a set of sequences. ..
- Cristino A, Nunes F, Barchuk A, Aguiar Coelho V, Simões Z, Bitondi M. Organization, evolution and transcriptional profile of hexamerin genes of the parasitic wasp Nasonia vitripennis (Hymenoptera: Pteromalidae). Insect Mol Biol. 2010;19 Suppl 1:137-46 pubmed publisher..Temporal and spatial transcriptional profiles of N. vitripennis hexamerins suggest that they have physiological functions other than metamorphosis, which are arguably coupled with its lifestyle. ..
- Dawson P, Beck L, Markovich D. Hyposulfatemia, growth retardation, reduced fertility, and seizures in mice lacking a functional NaSi-1 gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:13704-9 pubmed..Spontaneous clonic seizures were observed in Nas1-/- mice from 8 months of age. These data demonstrate NaSi-1 is essential for maintaining sulfate homeostasis, and its expression is necessary for a wide range of physiological functions. ..
- Powell J, Visscher P, Goddard M. Reconciling the analysis of IBD and IBS in complex trait studies. Nat Rev Genet. 2010;11:800-5 pubmed publisher..Recognizing this aim leads to better methods to estimating IBD with benefits in mapping genes, estimating genetic variance and predicting inbreeding depression. ..