Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Locale: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Publications544 found, 100 shown here
- Zainuddin -, Le T, Park Y, Chirila T, Halley P, Whittaker A. The behavior of aged regenerated Bombyx mori silk fibroin solutions studied by (1)H NMR and rheology. Biomaterials. 2008;29:4268-74 pubmed publisher..While the solutions behave as pseudo-plastic materials, the chain conformation in aged solutions adopted all secondary configurations with beta-strand being predominant. ..
- Mulvenna J, Hamilton B, Nagaraj S, Smyth D, Loukas A, Gorman J. Proteomics analysis of the excretory/secretory component of the blood-feeding stage of the hookworm, Ancylostoma caninum. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:109-21 pubmed publisher..This work identified a suite of proteins important for the parasitic lifestyle and provides new insight into the biology of hookworm infection. ..
- Bailey T, Boden M, Whitington T, Machanick P. The value of position-specific priors in motif discovery using MEME. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010;11:179 pubmed publisher..We conclude that using position-specific priors can substantially increase the power of EM-based motif discovery algorithms such as MEME algorithm. ..
- Naderi A, Liu J. Inhibition of androgen receptor and Cdc25A phosphatase as a combination targeted therapy in molecular apocrine breast cancer. Cancer Lett. 2010;298:74-87 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that the combined application of AR and Cdc25A inhibitors is a promising therapeutic strategy in molecular apocrine breast cancer...
- Kozak D, Kithva P, Bax J, Surawski P, Monteiro M, Trau M. Development of encoded particle-polymer arrays for the accelerated screening of antifouling layers. Chem Commun (Camb). 2011;47:9687-9 pubmed publisher..Multiplexed analysis showed a 97% reduction in nonspecific protein adsorption for all polymer layers created. ..
- Buske F, Bauer D, Mattick J, Bailey T. Triplexator: detecting nucleic acid triple helices in genomic and transcriptomic data. Genome Res. 2012;22:1372-81 pubmed publisher..With focus on biotechnological applications, we screen mammalian genomes for high-affinity triplex target sites that can be used to target genomic loci specifically and find that triplex formation offers a resolution of ~1300 nt. ..
- Seale R, Dhakal R, Chauhan K, Craven H, Deeth H, Pillidge C, et al. Genotyping of present-day and historical Geobacillus species isolates from milk powders by high-resolution melt analysis of multiple variable-number tandem-repeat loci. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:7090-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the MLV-HRMA method is useful for genotyping Geobacillus spp. to provide insight into the prevalence and persistence of certain genotypes within milk powder processing plants. ..
- Skeldal S, Sykes A, Glerup S, Matusica D, Palstra N, Autio H, et al. Mapping of the interaction site between sortilin and the p75 neurotrophin receptor reveals a regulatory role for the sortilin intracellular domain in p75 neurotrophin receptor shedding and apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:43798-809 pubmed publisher..Thus, although the intracellular domain of sortilin does not contribute to p75(NTR) binding, it does regulate the rates of p75(NTR) cleavage, which is required to mediate pro-neurotrophin-stimulated cell death. ..
- Wu Y, Zhangsun D, Zhu X, Kaas Q, Zhangsun M, Harvey P, et al. ?-Conotoxin [S9A]TxID Potently Discriminates between ?3?4 and ?6/?3?4 Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptors. J Med Chem. 2017;60:5826-5833 pubmed publisher..When Ser-9 was substituted by an Ala, this hydrogen bond interaction was disrupted. These results provide further molecular insights into the selectivity of 7 and provide a guide for designing ligands that block ?3?4 nAChRs. ..
- Chung E, De Young L, Brock G. Investigative models in erectile dysfunction: a state-of-the-art review of current animal models. J Sex Med. 2011;8:3291-305 pubmed publisher..At present, animal models play a significant role in evaluating novel therapeutics and surgical techniques and will likely continue to remain a vital research tool in the future. ..
- Cassady A, Stacey K, Nimmo K, Murphy K, von der Ahe D, Pearson D, et al. Constitutive expression of the urokinase plasminogen activator gene in murine RAW264 macrophages involves distal and 5' non-coding sequences that are conserved between mouse and pig. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:6839-47 pubmed..The conserved, transcribed 5' non-coding sequences were also required for maximal gene expression. Hence, the uPA promoter contains multiple weak cis-acting elements distributed over 7.0 kb 5' to the translation start site. ..
- Stacey K, Fowles L, Colman M, Ostrowski M, Hume D. Regulation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator gene transcription by macrophage colony-stimulating factor. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:3430-41 pubmed..This work is consistent with a proposed pathway for CSF-1 signalling involving sequential activation of fms, ras, and Ets factors. ..
- Algar E, Cheung B, Hayes J, Holmes R, Beacham I. Bovine corneal aldehyde dehydrogenases: evidence for multiple gene products (ALDH3 and ALDHX). Adv Exp Med Biol. 1993;328:153-7 pubmed
- Manger P, Collins R, Rosa M. An architectonic comparison of the ventrobasal complex of two megachiropteran and one microchiropteran bat: implications for the evolution of Chiroptera. Somatosens Mot Res. 2001;18:131-40 pubmed..These taxon-specific differences lend support to the proposal that the order Chiroptera has a diphyletic origin. ..
- John J, Key B. Axon mis-targeting in the olfactory bulb during regeneration of olfactory neuroepithelium. Chem Senses. 2003;28:773-9 pubmed..While these errors in targeting were refined over time, there was still considerable mis-targeting after four months of regeneration. ..
- Bernhardt P, Schenk G, Wilson G. Direct electrochemistry of porcine purple acid phosphatase (uteroferrin). Biochemistry. 2004;43:10387-92 pubmed..The effect of pH on the redox potentials has been investigated in the range 3 < pH < 6.5, enabling acid dissociation constants for Uf(o) and its phosphate and arsenate complexes to be calculated. ..
- Hill M, Bastiani M, Luetterforst R, Kirkham M, Kirkham A, Nixon S, et al. PTRF-Cavin, a conserved cytoplasmic protein required for caveola formation and function. Cell. 2008;132:113-24 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PTRF-Cavin is required for caveola formation and sequestration of mobile caveolin into immobile caveolae. ..
- Major L, Linn M, Slade R, Schroder W, Hyatt A, Gardner J, et al. Ticks associated with macquarie island penguins carry arboviruses from four genera. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4375 pubmed publisher..Macquarie Island penguins thus harbour arboviruses from at least four of the seven arbovirus-containing genera, with related viruses often found in the northern hemisphere...
- Richards G, Degnan B. The dawn of developmental signaling in the metazoa. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2009;74:81-90 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study highlights the stability and antiquity of the core cytosolic components of each pathway, juxtaposed with the more variable and recently evolved molecular interactions taking place at the cell surface. ..
- Pollitt C. The anatomy and physiology of the suspensory apparatus of the distal phalanx. Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract. 2010;26:29-49 pubmed publisher..Transcription and activation of constituent proteases occurs in normal hoof lamellae but in increased amounts during laminitis. ..
- Edwards J, Friedrich O, Cully T, von Wegner F, Murphy R, Launikonis B. Upregulation of store-operated Ca2+ entry in dystrophic mdx mouse muscle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C42-50 pubmed publisher..While the mdx fibers can introduce more Ca(2+) into the fiber for an equivalent depletion of [Ca(2+)](SR) via SOCE, it remains unclear whether this is deleterious. ..
- Ewen K, Jackson A, Wilhelm D, Koopman P. A male-specific role for p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in germ cell sex differentiation in mice. Biol Reprod. 2010;83:1005-14 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that p38 MAPK signaling antagonizes entry into meiosis in XY germ cells, instead directing them toward mitotic quiescence and a spermatogenic fate. ..
- Mackay Sim A, St John J. Olfactory ensheathing cells from the nose: clinical application in human spinal cord injuries. Exp Neurol. 2011;229:174-80 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Understanding olfactory ensheathing glia and their prospect for nervous system repair...
- Hudson N, Dalrymple B, Reverter A. Beyond differential expression: the quest for causal mutations and effector molecules. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:356 pubmed..We explain why, for various reasons, no other currently available experimental techniques or quantitative analyses are capable of reaching these conclusions. ..
- Quinn A, Koopman P. The molecular genetics of sex determination and sex reversal in mammals. Semin Reprod Med. 2012;30:351-63 pubmed publisher..We also consider aberrant mammalian sex determination, focusing on examples of sex reversal stemming from gene defects...
- You H, McManus D, Hu W, Smout M, Brindley P, Gobert G. Transcriptional responses of in vivo praziquantel exposure in schistosomes identifies a functional role for calcium signalling pathway member CamKII. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003254 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies comprehensively charted transcriptional changes upon exposure to praziquantel and, notably, identified CamKII as potentially central to the, as yet undefined, mode of action of praziquantel. ..
- Matusica D, Alfonsi F, Turner B, Butler T, Shepheard S, Rogers M, et al. Inhibition of motor neuron death in vitro and in vivo by a p75 neurotrophin receptor intracellular domain fragment. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:517-30 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the c29 peptide facilitates BDNF-dependent survival of motor neurons in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Lajhar S, Brownlie J, Barlow R. Survival capabilities of Escherichia coli O26 isolated from cattle and clinical sources in Australia to disinfectants, acids and antimicrobials. BMC Microbiol. 2017;17:47 pubmed publisher..coli O26 pathotypes examined in this study may contribute to bacterial colonization on food contact surfaces and subsequent foodborne illness caused by this pathogen. ..
- Villani R, Hodgson S, Legrand J, Greaney J, Wong H, Pichol Thievend C, et al. Dominant-negative Sox18 function inhibits dermal papilla maturation and differentiation in all murine hair types. Development. 2017;144:1887-1895 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SOX18 acts as a mesenchymal molecular switch necessary for the formation and function of the dermal papilla in all hair types. ..
- Bielefeldt Ohmann H. Analysis of antibody-independent binding of dengue viruses and dengue virus envelope protein to human myelomonocytic cells and B lymphocytes. Virus Res. 1998;57:63-79 pubmed
- Gobe G, Willgoss D, Hogg N, Schoch E, Endre Z. Cell survival or death in renal tubular epithelium after ischemia-reperfusion injury. Kidney Int. 1999;56:1299-304 pubmed
- Hogg R, Harper A, Adams D. Developmental changes in hyperpolarization-activated currents I(h) and I(K(IR)) in isolated rat intracardiac neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2001;86:312-20 pubmed
- Harley D, Sleigh A, Ritchie S. Ross River virus transmission, infection, and disease: a cross-disciplinary review. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2001;14:909-32, table of contents pubmed..To justify and design preventive programs, we need accurate data on economic costs and better understanding of transmission and behavioral and environmental risks...
- Hayes R, Morelli T, Wright P. Anogenital gland secretions of Lemur catta and Propithecus verreauxi coquereli: a preliminary chemical examination. Am J Primatol. 2004;63:49-62 pubmed..catta, though perhaps not P. v. coquereli, are chemically distinguishable. Given this information, it appears that at least some lemur species can use scent marks to determine species, sex, and reproductive status...
- Allan A, Fenning A, Levick S, Hoey A, Brown L. Reversal of cardiac dysfunction by selective ET-A receptor antagonism. Br J Pharmacol. 2005;146:846-53 pubmed..6+/-1.4**, APD90 - 41.5+/-6.9** ms) and normalised changes in vascular function. ET-A receptor antagonism both reverses and prevents the cardiac and vascular remodelling in DOCA-salt hypertension and improves cardiovascular function. ..
- Gardiner M, Daggett D, Zon L, Perkins A. Zebrafish KLF4 is essential for anterior mesendoderm/pre-polster differentiation and hatching. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:992-6 pubmed..These results indicate zKLF4 is expressed within the pre-polster, an early mesendodermal site, and that it plays a critical role in the differentiation of these cells into hatching gland cells. ..
- Stehbens S, Paterson A, Crampton M, Shewan A, Ferguson C, Akhmanova A, et al. Dynamic microtubules regulate the local concentration of E-cadherin at cell-cell contacts. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:1801-11 pubmed
- Pearn J, Fenner P. The Jellyfish hunter--Jack Barnes: a pioneer medical toxinologist in Australia. Toxicon. 2006;48:762-7 pubmed..This paper is a précis of the chronology of his life, contributions and influence. ..
- Tian T, Harding A, Inder K, Plowman S, Parton R, Hancock J. Plasma membrane nanoswitches generate high-fidelity Ras signal transduction. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:905-14 pubmed..A requirement for high-fidelity signalling may explain the non-random distribution of other plasma membrane signalling complexes. ..
- Marshall D, Keough M. Does interspecific competition affect offspring provisioning?. Ecology. 2009;90:487-95 pubmed..This study shows that, while offspring size is plastic in this species, post-metamorphic factors alone may not determine the size of offspring that mothers produce. ..
- Harrison R, Ruiz Gómez G, Hill T, Chow S, Shepherd N, Lohman R, et al. Novel helix-constrained nociceptin derivatives are potent agonists and antagonists of ERK phosphorylation and thermal analgesia in mice. J Med Chem. 2010;53:8400-8 pubmed publisher..Such helix-constrained peptides may be valuable physiological probes and therapeutics for treating some forms of pain. ..
- Mercer T, Wilhelm D, Dinger M, Soldà G, Korbie D, Glazov E, et al. Expression of distinct RNAs from 3' untranslated regions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:2393-403 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest novel functions for 3'UTRs, as well as caution in the use of 3'UTR sequence probes to analyze gene expression. ..
- Mehdi A, Sehgal M, Kobe B, Bailey T, Boden M. A probabilistic model of nuclear import of proteins. Bioinformatics. 2011;27:1239-46 pubmed publisher..84 and 0.80, respectively). The model also predicts the sequence position of a nuclear localization signal and whether it interacts with importin-?. http://pprowler.itee.uq.edu.au/NucImport ..
- Kashimada K, Svingen T, Feng C, Pelosi E, Bagheri Fam S, Harley V, et al. Antagonistic regulation of Cyp26b1 by transcription factors SOX9/SF1 and FOXL2 during gonadal development in mice. FASEB J. 2011;25:3561-9 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that SOX9 and SF1 ensure the male fate of germ cells by up-regulating Cyp26b1 and that FOXL2 acts to antagonize Cyp26b1 expression in ovaries. ..
- McCarthy J, Marjason J, Elliott S, Fahey P, Bang G, Malkin E, et al. A phase 1 trial of MSP2-C1, a blood-stage malaria vaccine containing 2 isoforms of MSP2 formulated with Montanide® ISA 720. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24413 pubmed publisher..However, in view of the reactogenicity of this formulation, further clinical development of MSP2-C1 will require formulation of MSP2 in an alternative adjuvant. Australian New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry 12607000552482. ..
- Key B, Lah G. Repulsive guidance molecule A (RGMa): a molecule for all seasons. Cell Adh Migr. 2012;6:85-90 pubmed publisher..RGMa can be regarded as a molecule for all seasons. ..
- Morrow C, Valkov E, Stamp A, Chow E, Lee I, Wronski A, et al. De novo GTP biosynthesis is critical for virulence of the fungal pathogen Cryptococcus neoformans. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002957 pubmed publisher..Treatment with mycophenolic acid led to significantly increased survival times in a nematode model, validating de novo GTP biosynthesis as an antifungal target in Cryptococcus. ..
- Rodero M, Hodgson S, Hollier B, Combadiere C, Khosrotehrani K. Reduced Il17a expression distinguishes a Ly6c(lo)MHCII(hi) macrophage population promoting wound healing. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:783-792 pubmed publisher..These findings dissect the complexity of the role and activity of the macrophages during wound inflammation and may contribute to the development of therapeutic approaches to restore healing in chronic wounds...
- James G, Foster S, Key B, Beverdam A. The expression pattern of EVA1C, a novel Slit receptor, is consistent with an axon guidance role in the mouse nervous system. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74115 pubmed publisher..Furthermore it is expressed by axons that display both Robo-dependent and -independent functions of Slit, supporting a role for EVA1C in Slit/Robo mediated neural circuit formation in the developing nervous system. ..
- Williams M, Clouston A, Forbes S. Links between hepatic fibrosis, ductular reaction, and progenitor cell expansion. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:349-56 pubmed publisher..Understanding the interactions between progenitor cells and matrix is critical for the development of novel regenerative and antifibrotic therapies. ..
- Lyons R, Loan N, Dierens L, Fortes M, Kelly M, McWilliam S, et al. Evidence for positive selection of taurine genes within a QTL region on chromosome X associated with testicular size in Australian Brahman cattle. BMC Genet. 2014;15:6 pubmed publisher..Bovine species may serve as a model for studying the role of Tex11 in male fertility, warranting further in-depth molecular characterisation. ..
- Schepers G, Bullejos M, Hosking B, Koopman P. Cloning and characterisation of the Sry-related transcription factor gene Sox8. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:1473-80 pubmed..Sox8 maps to the t complex on mouse chromosome 17 and to human chromosome 16p13.3, a region associated with the microphthalmia-cataract syndrome CATM and the alpha-thalassemia/mental retardation syndrome ATR-16. ..
- Pollitt C, Daradka M. Hoof wall wound repair. Equine Vet J. 2004;36:210-5 pubmed..In laminitis epidermal dysadhesion and lamellar BM destruction occurs and lack of a functional BM template may explain the prolonged and abnormal repair of affected lamellae. ..
- Loughnan M, Alewood P. Physico-chemical characterization and synthesis of neuronally active alpha-conotoxins. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:2294-304 pubmed
- Frazer D, Wilkins S, Millard K, McKie A, Vulpe C, Anderson G. Increased hepcidin expression and hypoferraemia associated with an acute phase response are not affected by inactivation of HFE. Br J Haematol. 2004;126:434-6 pubmed..Hypoferraemia also occurred in all strains, indicating that both the upregulation of hepcidin and the decrease in transferrin saturation associated with an acute phase response is not dependent on HFE function. ..
- Wilson D, Timms P, McElwain D, Bavoil P. Type III secretion, contact-dependent model for the intracellular development of chlamydia. Bull Math Biol. 2006;68:161-78 pubmed..Many of the results predicted by the model can be tested experimentally and may lead to the identification of potential targets for drug design...
- Wilhelm D, Koopman P. The makings of maleness: towards an integrated view of male sexual development. Nat Rev Genet. 2006;7:620-31 pubmed..Here we bring together current knowledge about these networks, identify gaps in the overall picture, and highlight the known defects that lead to disorders of male sexual development. ..
- Alayan J, Ivanovski S, Gemmell E, Ford P, Hamlet S, Farah C. Deficiency of iNOS contributes to Porphyromonas gingivalis-induced tissue damage. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2006;21:360-5 pubmed..The iNOS is required for an appropriate response to P. gingivalis infection. ..
- Sprenger J, Fink J, Teasdale R. Evaluation and comparison of mammalian subcellular localization prediction methods. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7 Suppl 5:S3 pubmed..Proteins localized to the secretory pathway were the most difficult to predict, while nuclear and extracellular proteins were predicted with the highest sensitivity. ..
- Schroder W, Buck M, Cloonan N, Hancock J, Suhrbier A, Sculley T, et al. Human Sin1 contains Ras-binding and pleckstrin homology domains and suppresses Ras signalling. Cell Signal. 2007;19:1279-89 pubmed..In contrast, siRNA knockdown of endogenous Sin1 protein expression in HEK293 cells enhanced the activation of ERK1/2 by Ras. These data suggest that Sin1 is a mammalian Ras-inhibitor. ..
- Greer J, Csurhes P, Muller D, Pender M. Correlation of blood T cell and antibody reactivity to myelin proteins with HLA type and lesion localization in multiple sclerosis. J Immunol. 2008;180:6402-10 pubmed..These findings show that circulating T cells and Abs reactive against specific myelin Ags can correlate with lesion distribution in MS and suggest that they are of pathogenic relevance. ..
- Mercer T, Dinger M, Mariani J, Kosik K, Mehler M, Mattick J. Noncoding RNAs in Long-Term Memory Formation. Neuroscientist. 2008;14:434-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the emerging evidence suggests a central role for ncRNAs in memory formation and provokes novel research directions in this field. ..
- Deleyrolle L, Reynolds B. Isolation, expansion, and differentiation of adult Mammalian neural stem and progenitor cells using the neurosphere assay. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;549:91-101 pubmed publisher..This chapter outlines the adult mammalian NSC culture methodology and provides technical details of the neurosphere assay to achieve reproducible cultures. ..
- Cunningham K, Carey A, Hafner L, Timms P, Beagley K. Chlamydia muridarum major outer membrane protein-specific antibodies inhibit in vitro infection but enhance pathology in vivo. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2011;65:118-26 pubmed publisher..Antibodies play an under-recognized role in chlamydial infection and pathology development, which possibly involves interaction with Th1 immunity. ..
- Yamada R, Iturbe Ormaetxe I, Brownlie J, O Neill S. Functional test of the influence of Wolbachia genes on cytoplasmic incompatibility expression in Drosophila melanogaster. Insect Mol Biol. 2011;20:75-85 pubmed publisher..The expression of a number of these genes in Drosophila melanogaster failed to mimic or alter CI phenotypes across a range of Wolbachia backgrounds or in the absence of Wolbachia...
- Adamska M, Larroux C, Adamski M, Green K, Lovas E, Koop D, et al. Structure and expression of conserved Wnt pathway components in the demosponge Amphimedon queenslandica. Evol Dev. 2010;12:494-518 pubmed publisher..Subsequently, gene duplications and a possible increase in complexity of protein interactions have resulted in the precisely regulated Wnt pathway observed in extant bilaterian animals. ..
- Dave R, Ellis T, Toumpas M, Robson J, Julian E, Adolphe C, et al. Sonic hedgehog and notch signaling can cooperate to regulate neurogenic divisions of neocortical progenitors. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14680 pubmed publisher..Hence, our results demonstrate that correct corticogenesis is an outcome of the interplay between the Hh and Notch signaling pathways. ..
- Moldrich R, Mezzera C, Holmes W, Goda S, Brookfield S, Rankin A, et al. Fgfr3 regulates development of the caudal telencephalon. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:1586-99 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the subtle role of Fgfr3 in formation of caudal regions of the telencephalon affecting some brain projections. ..
- Lineburg K, Amaya D, Ekberg J, Chehrehasa F, Mackay Sim A, Martin P, et al. The carbohydrate CT1 is expressed in topographically fixed glomeruli in the mouse olfactory bulb. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;48:9-19 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the CT1 carbohydrate, together with other carbohydrates, contributes to axon guidance during the establishment of the olfactory topographic map. ..
- Huang J, Bishop Hurley S, Cooper M. Development of anti-infectives using phage display: biological agents against bacteria, viruses, and parasites. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:4569-82 pubmed publisher..Advances in screening, manufacturing, and humanization technologies now mean that phage display can make a significant contribution in the fight against clinically important pathogens...
- Rishi G, Crampton E, Wallace D, Subramaniam V. In situ proximity ligation assays indicate that hemochromatosis proteins Hfe and transferrin receptor 2 (Tfr2) do not interact. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77267 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these results support in vivo studies which suggest that Hfe and Tfr2 can independently regulate hepcidin. ..
- Gobe G, Bennett N, West M, Colditz P, Brown L, Vesey D, et al. Increased progression to kidney fibrosis after erythropoietin is used as a treatment for acute kidney injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014;306:F681-92 pubmed publisher..In summary, although rhEPO was protective of renal function and structure in acute kidney injury, the supraphysiological dose needed for renoprotection contributed to fibrogenesis and stimulated chronic kidney disease in the long term. ..
- Spiller C, Gillis A, Burnet G, Stoop H, Koopman P, Bowles J, et al. Cripto: Expression, epigenetic regulation and potential diagnostic use in testicular germ cell tumors. Mol Oncol. 2016;10:526-37 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CRIPTO expression may be a useful serological marker for diagnostic and/or prognostic purposes during germ cell cancer management. ..
- Garreau A, Blaize G, Argenty J, Rouquié N, Tourdès A, Wood S, et al. Grb2-Mediated Recruitment of USP9X to LAT Enhances Themis Stability following Thymic Selection. J Immunol. 2017;199:2758-2766 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that TCR-mediated signals enhance Themis stability upon T cell development and identify USP9X as a key regulator of Themis protein turnover. ..
- Akter R, Naish S, Hu W, Tong S. Socio-demographic, ecological factors and dengue infection trends in Australia. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185551 pubmed publisher..Therefore, upgraded mosquito and disease surveillance at different ports should be in place to reduce the chance of mosquitoes and dengue cases being imported into all over Australia...
- Prociv P, Croese J. Human enteric infection with Ancylostoma caninum: hookworms reappraised in the light of a "new" zoonosis. Acta Trop. 1996;62:23-44 pubmed..However, identical antigens appear to be secreted by the anthropophilic hookworms as well. The clinical, public health and biological significance of these findings are discussed in detail...
- Khromykh A, Sedlak P, Guyatt K, Hall R, Westaway E. Efficient trans-complementation of the flavivirus kunjin NS5 protein but not of the NS1 protein requires its coexpression with other components of the viral replicase. J Virol. 1999;73:10272-80 pubmed..The results are interpreted and discussed in relation to our proposed model of formation of the flavivirus RC largely based on previous ultrastructural and biochemical analyses of KUN replication. ..
- Barnett N, Pow D. Antisense knockdown of GLAST, a glial glutamate transporter, compromises retinal function. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2000;41:585-91 pubmed..To elucidate the role of the glial glutamate transporter GLAST, in the regulation of retinal function...
- Olsson J, Kamachi Y, Penning S, Muscat G, Kondoh H, Koopman P. Sox18 expression in blood vessels and feather buds during chicken embryogenesis. Gene. 2001;271:151-8 pubmed..In situ hybridization analyses showed expression in the developing vasculature and feather follicles, consistent with reported expression in the mouse embryo. In addition, cSox18 mRNA was observed in the retina and claw beds. ..
- Frazer D, Vulpe C, McKie A, Wilkins S, Trinder D, Cleghorn G, et al. Cloning and gastrointestinal expression of rat hephaestin: relationship to other iron transport proteins. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001;281:G931-9 pubmed..The high sequence conservation between rat and mouse hephaestin is consistent with this protein playing a central role in intestinal iron absorption, although its precise function remains to be determined...
- Olive C, Batzloff M, Horvath A, Clair T, Yarwood P, Toth I, et al. Potential of lipid core peptide technology as a novel self-adjuvanting vaccine delivery system for multiple different synthetic peptide immunogens. Infect Immun. 2003;71:2373-83 pubmed
- Zhang B, Walsh M, Nguyen K, Hillyard N, Cavanagh A, McCombe P, et al. Early pregnancy factor treatment suppresses the inflammatory response and adhesion molecule expression in the spinal cord of SJL/J mice with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and the delayed-type hypersensitivity reaction to trinitrochloroben. J Neurol Sci. 2003;212:37-46 pubmed..These results indicate that suppression of immunological mechanisms by rEPF plays a major role in the reduction of clinical signs of disease in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE). ..
- Liang M, Davies N, Toth I. Encapsulation of lipopeptides within liposomes: effect of number of lipid chains, chain length and method of liposome preparation. Int J Pharm. 2005;301:247-54 pubmed..Consequently, upon hydration, the lipopeptide is more efficiently intercalated within the phospholipid bilayers. ..
- Kim T, Hewavitharana A, Shaw P, Fuerst J. Discovery of a new source of rifamycin antibiotics in marine sponge actinobacteria by phylogenetic prediction. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:2118-25 pubmed..Thus, the Salinispora group of actinobacteria represents a potential new source of rifamycins outside the genus Amycolatopsis and the first recorded source of rifamycins from marine bacteria. ..