Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hydrogen ion concentration in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Locale: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Topic: hydrogen ion concentration
- Williams R, Szczesniak M, Maclean J, Brake H, Cole I, Cook I. Predictors of outcome in an open label, therapeutic trial of high-dose omeprazole in laryngitis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2004;99:777-85 pubmed
- Mihailidou A, Funder J. Nongenomic effects of mineralocorticoid receptor activation in the cardiovascular system. Steroids. 2005;70:347-51 pubmed
- Gay C, Gebicki J. Measurement of protein and lipid hydroperoxides in biological systems by the ferric-xylenol orange method. Anal Biochem. 2003;315:29-35 pubmed..Optimum conditions for hydroperoxide measurements were established and the assays were applied to oxidized human blood serum and to cultured cells. ..
- Waters K, Tinworth K. Depression of ventilatory responses after daily, cyclic hypercapnic hypoxia in piglets. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;90:1065-73 pubmed..control). Respiratory pattern was also altered during the VRs and among treatment groups. Stimulus presentation characteristics exert effects on VRs that are independent of those elicited by daily HH...
- Molloy M, Herbert B, Slade M, Rabilloud T, Nouwens A, Williams K, et al. Proteomic analysis of the Escherichia coli outer membrane. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:2871-81 pubmed..In an additional demonstration we show the value of parallel protein analysis to document changes in E. coli OMP expression as influenced by culture temperature...
- Davies C, Logan M, Rothwell V, Krogh M, Ferguson C, Charles K, et al. Soil inactivation of DNA viruses in septic seepage. J Appl Microbiol. 2006;100:365-74 pubmed..To generate field-relevant inactivation data for incorporation into models to predict the likelihood of viral contamination of surface waters by septic seepage...
- King T, Seeto S, Ferenci T. Genotype-by-environment interactions influencing the emergence of rpoS mutations in Escherichia coli populations. Genetics. 2006;172:2071-9 pubmed
- Marchant N, Furlong T, McNally G. Medial dorsal hypothalamus mediates the inhibition of reward seeking after extinction. J Neurosci. 2010;30:14102-15 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify a role for MDH and its ilPFC afferents and PVT efferents in inhibiting alcoholic beer seeking during extinction expression...
- Austin C, Astelbauer F, Kosim Satyaputra P, Ball H, Willows R, Jamie J, et al. Mouse and human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase display some distinct biochemical and structural properties. Amino Acids. 2009;36:99-106 pubmed publisher..With mouse models substituting for human diseases, the differences between mouse and human IDO must be recognised before applying experimental findings from one system to the next. ..
- Stack C, Donnelly S, Lowther J, Xu W, Collins P, Brinen L, et al. The major secreted cathepsin L1 protease of the liver fluke, Fasciola hepatica: a Leu-12 to Pro-12 replacement in the nonconserved C-terminal region of the prosegment prevents complete enzyme autoactivation and allows definition of the molecular even. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:16532-43 pubmed..These studies provide a molecular insight into the regulation of FheproCL1 autocatalysis...
- Stack C, Lowther J, Cunningham E, Donnelly S, Gardiner D, Trenholme K, et al. Characterization of the Plasmodium falciparum M17 leucyl aminopeptidase. A protease involved in amino acid regulation with potential for antimalarial drug development. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:2069-80 pubmed..Availability of functionally active recombinant PfLAP, coupled with a simple enzymatic readout, will aid medicinal chemistry and/or high throughput approaches for the future design/discovery of new antimalarial drugs. ..
- Aristoteli L, O Rourke J, Danon S, Larsson H, Mellgard B, Mitchell H, et al. Urea, fluorofamide, and omeprazole treatments alter helicobacter colonization in the mouse gastric mucosa. Helicobacter. 2006;11:460-8 pubmed..Its urease enzyme allows survival in acid conditions and drives bacterial intracellular metabolism. We aimed to investigate the role of urease in determining the intragastric distribution of Helicobacter species in vivo...
- Melville F, Pulkownik A. Investigation of mangrove macroalgae as bioindicators of estuarine contamination. Mar Pollut Bull. 2006;52:1260-9 pubmed..This species showed strong potential for use as a bioindicator of estuarine contamination...
- Posterino G, Fryer M. Effects of high myoplasmic L-lactate concentration on E-C coupling in mammalian skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2000;89:517-28 pubmed
- Wu C, Ramaswamy Y, Kwik D, Zreiqat H. The effect of strontium incorporation into CaSiO3 ceramics on their physical and biological properties. Biomaterials. 2007;28:3171-81 pubmed..5, 25 to 50 mg/mL). Our results indicate that Sr-CaSiO3 ceramics improved the physical and biological properties of the pure CaSiO3 ceramics...
- Toonkool P, Jensen S, Maxwell A, Weiss A. Hydrophobic domains of human tropoelastin interact in a context-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:44575-80 pubmed..Thus, the capability for coacervation is determined by contributions from individual hydrophobic domains for which function should be considered in the context of their positions in the intact tropoelastin molecule. ..
- Sadananda P, Shang F, Liu L, Mansfield K, Burcher E. Release of ATP from rat urinary bladder mucosa: role of acid, vanilloids and stretch. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;158:1655-62 pubmed publisher..This ATP appears to be principally of urothelial origin. This study highlights the importance of ATP and acid as signalling molecules in modulating bladder function. ..
- Littler D, Harrop S, Goodchild S, Phang J, Mynott A, Jiang L, et al. The enigma of the CLIC proteins: Ion channels, redox proteins, enzymes, scaffolding proteins?. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:2093-101 pubmed publisher..The physiological role of CLICs appears to be maintenance of intracellular membranes, which is associated with tubulogenesis but may involve other substructures. ..
- Sheppard Brennand H, Soars N, Dworjanyn S, Davis A, Byrne M. Impact of ocean warming and ocean acidification on larval development and calcification in the sea urchin Tripneustes gratilla. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11372 pubmed publisher..However, this may be buffered by enhanced growth and metabolism due to warming...
- Wang Y, Slade M, Gooley A, Atwell B, Williams K. Cellulose-binding modules from extracellular matrix proteins of Dictyostelium discoideum stalk and sheath. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:4334-45 pubmed..The biological functions and potential role of St15 and ShD in building extracellular matrices during D. discoideum development are discussed. ..