Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on tumor suppressor protein p53 in Victoria, Australia
Locale: Victoria, Australia
Topic: tumor suppressor protein p53
- Roth D, Moseley G, Glover D, Pouton C, Jans D. A microtubule-facilitated nuclear import pathway for cancer regulatory proteins. Traffic. 2007;8:673-86 pubmed..The results indicate that, additional to IMP/diffusion-dependent processes, certain cancer regulatory proteins utilize an MT-enhanced pathway for accelerated nuclear import that is presumably required for their nuclear functions. ..
- Bolitho P, Street S, Westwood J, Edelmann W, MacGregor D, Waring P, et al. Perforin-mediated suppression of B-cell lymphoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:2723-8 pubmed publisher..These transgenic models have allowed us to distinguish the role of pfp in surveillance of B-cell lymphomagenesis, as opposed to its loss simply driving the onset of a spontaneous lymphoma characteristic of pfp deficiency. ..
- Haupt S, Di Agostino S, Mizrahi I, Alsheich Bartok O, Voorhoeve M, Damalas A, et al. Promyelocytic leukemia protein is required for gain of function by mutant p53. Cancer Res. 2009;69:4818-26 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the tumor suppression function of PML depends on the status of p53. In the context of mutant p53, PML enhances its cancer-promoting activities. ..
- Azad A, Jackson S, Cullinane C, Natoli A, Neilsen P, Callen D, et al. Inhibition of DNA-dependent protein kinase induces accelerated senescence in irradiated human cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:1696-707 pubmed publisher..These results validate DNA-PK as an important therapeutic target in irradiated cancer cells and establish accelerated senescence as a novel mechanism of radiosensitization induced by DNA-PK blockade. ..
- Bywater M, Poortinga G, Sanij E, Hein N, Peck A, Cullinane C, et al. Inhibition of RNA polymerase I as a therapeutic strategy to promote cancer-specific activation of p53. Cancer Cell. 2012;22:51-65 pubmed publisher..These results identify selective inhibition of rDNA transcription as a therapeutic strategy for the cancer specific activation of p53 and treatment of hematologic malignancies. ..
- King A, Li L, Wong D, Liu R, Bamford R, Strasser A, et al. Dynein light chain regulates adaptive and innate B cell development by distinctive genetic mechanisms. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007010 pubmed publisher..These results identify ASCIZ and DYNLL1 as the core of a transcriptional circuit that differentially regulates the development of the B-1a and B-2 B lymphoid cell lineages and plays a critical role in lymphomagenesis. ..