Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Western Australia, Australia
Locale: Western Australia, Australia
Topic: signal transduction
- Atkins C, Smith P. Translocation in legumes: assimilates, nutrients, and signaling molecules. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:550-61 pubmed
- Van Aken O, Whelan J, Van Breusegem F. Prohibitins: mitochondrial partners in development and stress response. Trends Plant Sci. 2010;15:275-82 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, recent findings indicate that PHBs play an active role in stress tolerance and are involved in triggering retrograde signals in response to stress and mitochondrial dysfunction. ..
- Charytonowicz E, Matushansky I, Domenech J, Castillo Martin M, Ladanyi M, Cordon Cardo C, et al. PAX7-FKHR fusion gene inhibits myogenic differentiation via NF-kappaB upregulation. Clin Transl Oncol. 2012;14:197-206 pubmed..Our results highlight the importance of the NF-kappaB pathway in myogenesis and sarcomagenesis and suggest that this pathway may be one of the potential therapeutic targets in the treatment of ARMS. ..
- Magno A, Ingley E, Brown S, Conigrave A, Ratajczak T, Ward B. Testin, a novel binding partner of the calcium-sensing receptor, enhances receptor-mediated Rho-kinase signalling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;412:584-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest an interplay between the CaR and testin in the regulation of CaR-mediated Rho signalling with possible effects on the cytoskeleton. ..
- Subrata L, Lowes K, Olynyk J, Yeoh G, Quail E, Abraham L. Hepatic expression of the tumor necrosis factor family member lymphotoxin-beta is regulated by interleukin (IL)-6 and IL-1beta: transcriptional control mechanisms in oval cells and hepatoma cell lines. Liver Int. 2005;25:633-46 pubmed..The identification of IL-6 and IL-1beta as activators of LT-beta supports their involvement in LT-beta signaling in liver regeneration associated with chronic liver damage. ..
- Ng S, Giraud E, Duncan O, Law S, Wang Y, Xu L, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase E1 (CDKE1) provides a cellular switch in plants between growth and stress responses. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:3449-59 pubmed publisher..Together, these results place CDKE1 as a central kinase integrating diverse cellular signals and shed light on a mechanism by which plants can effectively switch between growth and stress responses. ..
- Liu Q, Wu H, Chim S, Zhou L, Zhao J, Feng H, et al. SC-514, a selective inhibitor of IKK? attenuates RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis and NF-?B activation. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;86:1775-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting IKK? by SC-514 presents as a potential treatment for osteoclast-related disorders such as osteoporosis and cancer-induced bone loss. ..
- Oksvold M, Dagger S, Thien C, Langdon W. The Cbl-b RING finger domain has a limited role in regulating inflammatory cytokine production by IgE-activated mast cells. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:925-36 pubmed..Thus the ability of Cbl-b to function as a negative regulator of FcvarepsilonRI signalling that promotes inflammatory cytokine production is largely independent of the RING finger domain. ..
- Rye M, Wiertsema S, Scaman E, Oommen J, Sun W, Francis R, et al. FBXO11, a regulator of the TGF? pathway, is associated with severe otitis media in Western Australian children. Genes Immun. 2011;12:352-9 pubmed publisher..Family-based associations at SMAD2 (P=0.038) and SMAD4 (P=0.048) were not replicated. Together, these data provide strong evidence for FBXO11 as a susceptibility gene for severe OM. ..
- Ho L, Giraud E, Uggalla V, Lister R, Clifton R, Glen A, et al. Identification of regulatory pathways controlling gene expression of stress-responsive mitochondrial proteins in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2008;147:1858-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, posttranscriptional regulation accounts for changes in transcript abundance by SA treatment for some genes. ..
- Lv K, Jiang J, Donaghy R, Riling C, Cheng Y, Chandra V, et al. CBL family E3 ubiquitin ligases control JAK2 ubiquitination and stability in hematopoietic stem cells and myeloid malignancies. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1007-1023 pubmed publisher..Hence, our studies reveal a novel signaling axis that regulates JAK2 in normal and malignant HSPCs and suggest new therapeutic strategies for treating CBLmut myeloid malignancies. ..
- Johansson Percival A, Li Z, Lakhiani D, He B, Wang X, Hamzah J, et al. Intratumoral LIGHT Restores Pericyte Contractile Properties and Vessel Integrity. Cell Rep. 2015;13:2687-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight a crucial role of pericyte contractile properties in vascular normalization, effected by macrophage signaling, thus providing so far unexplored anti-cancer opportunities. ..
- Moodley Y, Scaffidi A, Misso N, Keerthisingam C, McAnulty R, Laurent G, et al. Fibroblasts isolated from normal lungs and those with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis differ in interleukin-6/gp130-mediated cell signaling and proliferation. Am J Pathol. 2003;163:345-54 pubmed..IL-11 was mitogenic for both normal and IPF fibroblasts. These results provide strong evidence for a fundamental abnormality in a cytokine-signaling pathway, as opposed to alterations in cytokine production, in the pathogenesis of IPF. ..
- Badrian B, Bogoyevitch M. Gene expression profiling reveals complex changes following MEK-EE expression in cardiac myocytes. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2007;39:349-65 pubmed..Our results reveal the complexity of transcriptional changes that follow the activation of the ERK signalling pathway in these cells and suggest that activation of this MAPK pathway impinges on diverse cellular functions. ..
- Gustin S, Thien C, Langdon W. Cbl-b is a negative regulator of inflammatory cytokines produced by IgE-activated mast cells. J Immunol. 2006;177:5980-9 pubmed..Thus, Cbl-b functions as a potent negative regulator of cytokines that promote allergic and inflammatory reactions. ..
- Song Y, Pillow J. Ontogeny of proteolytic signaling and antioxidant capacity in fetal and neonatal diaphragm. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2012;295:864-71 pubmed publisher..002). The proteolytic signaling and antioxidant capacity patterns reflect the adaptive process to metabolic change and muscle maturity with development...
- Sampaio N, Yu W, Cox D, Wyckoff J, Condeelis J, Stanley E, et al. Phosphorylation of CSF-1R Y721 mediates its association with PI3K to regulate macrophage motility and enhancement of tumor cell invasion. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2021-31 pubmed publisher..These studies identify CSF-1R-Y721-P-PI3K signaling as a major pathway in CSF-1-regulated macrophage motility and provide a starting point for the discovery of the immediate downstream signaling events. ..
- Thien C, Dagger S, Steer J, Koentgen F, Jansen E, Scott C, et al. c-Cbl promotes T cell receptor-induced thymocyte apoptosis by activating the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10969-81 pubmed publisher..These findings identify tyrosine-phosphorylated c-Cbl as a critical sensor of TCR signal strength that regulates the engagement of death-promoting signals. ..
- Ang E, Pavlos N, Rea S, Qi M, Chai T, Walsh J, et al. Proteasome inhibitors impair RANKL-induced NF-kappaB activity in osteoclast-like cells via disruption of p62, TRAF6, CYLD, and IkappaBalpha signaling cascades. J Cell Physiol. 2009;220:450-9 pubmed publisher..Based on these data we propose that deregulation of key RANK-mediated signaling cascades (p62, TRAF6, CYLD, and IkappaBalpha) underscores proteasome-mediated inhibition of osteolytic bone conditions. ..
- Che P, Bussell J, Zhou W, Estavillo G, Pogson B, Smith S. Signaling from the endoplasmic reticulum activates brassinosteroid signaling and promotes acclimation to stress in Arabidopsis. Sci Signal. 2010;3:ra69 pubmed publisher..Thus, these bZIPs link ER stress and BR signaling, which may be a mechanism by which plant growth and stress responses can be integrated. ..
- Corbett A, Coudert J, Forbes C, Scalzo A. Functional consequences of natural sequence variation of murine cytomegalovirus m157 for Ly49 receptor specificity and NK cell activation. J Immunol. 2011;186:1713-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data indicate that whereas m157 variants predominately interact with inhibitory Ly49 receptors, these interactions do not profoundly interfere with early NK cell responses. ..