Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae in Victoria, Australia
Locale: Victoria, Australia
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Qie B, Lyu Z, Lyu L, Liu J, Gao X, Liu Y, et al. Sch9 regulates intracellular protein ubiquitination by controlling stress responses. Redox Biol. 2015;5:290-300 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed for the first time how Sch9 regulates the level of ubiquitinated proteins and provides new insight into how Sch9 controls longevity. ..
- Mijaljica D, Prescott M, Devenish R. A late form of nucleophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40013 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the inhibition of LN in some mutants is accompanied by alterations in nuclear morphology. ..
- Goffin L, Vodala S, Fraser C, Ryan J, Timms M, Meusburger S, et al. The unfolded protein response transducer Ire1p contains a nuclear localization sequence recognized by multiple beta importins. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:5309-23 pubmed..The NLS-dependent nuclear localization of Ire1p would thus seem to be central to its role in UPR signaling. ..
- Lim C, Cater M, Mercer J, La Fontaine S. Copper-dependent interaction of dynactin subunit p62 with the N terminus of ATP7B but not ATP7A. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14006-14 pubmed..We propose that the ATP7B interaction with p62 is a key component of the copper-induced trafficking pathway that delivers ATP7B to subapical vesicles of hepatocytes for the removal of excess copper into bile. ..
- Gavin P, Prescott M, Devenish R. F1F0-ATP synthase complex interactions in vivo can occur in the absence of the dimer specific subunit e. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2005;37:55-66 pubmed..Moreover, FRET was observed within cells lacking the dimer specific subunit e, indicating structured associations can occur within the inner membrane in the absence of subunit e. ..
- Traven A, Hammet A, Tenis N, Denis C, Heierhorst J. Ccr4-not complex mRNA deadenylase activity contributes to DNA damage responses in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2005;169:65-75 pubmed..Taken together, our data thus suggest that both transcriptional and post-transcriptional functions of the Ccr4-Not complex contribute to the DNA damage response affecting gene expression in a complex manner. ..
- Gearing D, Gough N, King J, Hilton D, Nicola N, Simpson R, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of cDNA encoding a murine myeloid leukaemia inhibitory factor (LIF). EMBO J. 1987;6:3995-4002 pubmed..Cloning, sequencing and expressing LIF has resolved several discrepancies in the literature concerning the identity of factors capable of inducing differentiation of murine myeloid leukaemic cells in vitro. ..
- Hammet A, Pike B, Heierhorst J. Posttranscriptional regulation of the RAD5 DNA repair gene by the Dun1 kinase and the Pan2-Pan3 poly(A)-nuclease complex contributes to survival of replication blocks. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:22469-74 pubmed
- Mitchelhill K, Stapleton D, Gao G, House C, Michell B, Katsis F, et al. Mammalian AMP-activated protein kinase shares structural and functional homology with the catalytic domain of yeast Snf1 protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:2361-4 pubmed
- Boyle G, Roucou X, Nagley P, Devenish R, Prescott M. Identification of subunit g of yeast mitochondrial F1F0-ATP synthase, a protein required for maximal activity of cytochrome c oxidase. Eur J Biochem. 1999;262:315-23 pubmed..These results indicate that subunit g is associated with F1F0-ATP synthase and is required for maximal levels of respiration, ATP synthesis and cytochrome c oxidase activity in yeast. ..
- Puthalakath H, Huang D, O Reilly L, King S, Strasser A. The proapoptotic activity of the Bcl-2 family member Bim is regulated by interaction with the dynein motor complex. Mol Cell. 1999;3:287-96 pubmed..This freed Bim to translocate together with LC8 to Bcl-2 and to neutralize its antiapoptotic activity. This process did not require caspase activity and therefore constitutes an initiating event in apoptosis signaling. ..
- Robertson H, Langdon W, Thien C, Bowtell D. A c-Cbl yeast two hybrid screen reveals interactions with 14-3-3 isoforms and cytoskeletal components. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;240:46-50 pubmed..We have used the yeast two hybrid assay to localise regions of c-Cbl required for its interaction with each of the proteins. Interaction with 14-3-3 is demonstrated in mammalian cell extracts. ..
- Uren A, Pakusch M, Hawkins C, Puls K, Vaux D. Cloning and expression of apoptosis inhibitory protein homologs that function to inhibit apoptosis and/or bind tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:4974-8 pubmed
- Mijaljica D, Prescott M, Devenish R. Microautophagy in mammalian cells: revisiting a 40-year-old conundrum. Autophagy. 2011;7:673-82 pubmed..We examine some of the main characteristics of microautophagy in yeast with a view to assessing their relevance for our understanding of microautophagy in mammalian cells. ..
- Pike B, Yongkiettrakul S, Tsai M, Heierhorst J. Mdt1, a novel Rad53 FHA1 domain-interacting protein, modulates DNA damage tolerance and G(2)/M cell cycle progression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2779-88 pubmed..The data indicate that Mdt1 is involved in normal G(2)/M cell cycle progression and is a novel target of checkpoint-dependent cell cycle arrest pathways. ..
- Tomlinson S, Palombo E. Characterisation of antibacterial Australian medicinal plant extracts by investigation of the mechanism of action and the effect of interfering substances. J Basic Microbiol. 2005;45:363-70 pubmed..Greater understanding of the biocidal properties of the plant extracts investigated may determine if they have medical, industrial or environmental applications. ((c) 2005 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim)...
- Pal B, Chan N, Helfenbaum L, Tan K, Tansey W, Gething M. SCFCdc4-mediated degradation of the Hac1p transcription factor regulates the unfolded protein response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:426-40 pubmed
- Traven A, Beilharz T, Lo T, Lueder F, Preiss T, Heierhorst J. The Ccr4-Pop2-NOT mRNA deadenylase contributes to septin organization in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2009;182:955-66 pubmed publisher..Therefore, both mRNA deadenylase and transcriptional functions of Ccr4-Pop2-NOT contribute to septin organization in yeast. ..
- Stapleton D, Gao G, Michell B, Widmer J, Mitchelhill K, Teh T, et al. Mammalian 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase non-catalytic subunits are homologs of proteins that interact with yeast Snf1 protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:29343-6 pubmed
- Mitchell C, Gurung R, Kong A, Dyson J, Tan A, Ooms L. Inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatases: lipid phosphatases with flair. IUBMB Life. 2002;53:25-36 pubmed
- Hoch N, Chen E, Buckland R, Wang S, Fazio A, Hammet A, et al. Molecular basis of the essential s phase function of the rad53 checkpoint kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3202-13 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the essential S phase function of Rad53 is comprised by the combination of its role in regulating basal dNTP levels and its compensatory kinase function if dNTP levels are perturbed. ..
- Traven A, Lo T, Pike B, Friesen H, Guzzo J, Andrews B, et al. Dual functions of Mdt1 in genome maintenance and cell integrity pathways in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2010;27:41-52 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results indicate that Mdt1 has partially separable functions in both cell wall and genome integrity pathways. ..
- Gough N, Hilton D, Gearing D, Willson T, King J, Nicola N, et al. Biochemical characterization of murine leukaemia inhibitory factor produced by Krebs ascites and by yeast cells. Blood Cells. 1988;14:431-42 pubmed..Moreover, yeast-derived recombinant LIF appears to display a different pattern of glycosylation to both forms of native LIF. From in vitro experiments, we conclude that the nature of the glycosylation is not crucial to biologic activity...
- Pike B, Tenis N, Heierhorst J. Rad53 kinase activation-independent replication checkpoint function of the N-terminal forkhead-associated (FHA1) domain. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39636-44 pubmed