Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna interference in Victoria, Australia
Locale: Victoria, Australia
Topic: rna interference
- Houghton F, Bellingham S, Hill A, Bourges D, Ang D, Gemetzis T, et al. Arl5b is a Golgi-localised small G protein involved in the regulation of retrograde transport. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:464-77 pubmed publisher..Collectively these results suggest that Arl5b is a TGN-localised small G protein that plays a key role in regulating transport along the endosome-TGN pathway. ..
- Leong S, Faux C, Turbic A, Dixon K, Turnley A. The Rho kinase pathway regulates mouse adult neural precursor cell migration. Stem Cells. 2011;29:332-43 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ROCK signaling regulates NPC migration via regulation of cell-cell contact and chain migration. ..
- Boag P, Ren P, Newton S, Gasser R. Molecular characterisation of a male-specific serine/threonine phosphatase from Oesophagostomum dentatum (Nematoda: Strongylida), and functional analysis of homologues in Caenorhabditis elegans. Int J Parasitol. 2003;33:313-25 pubmed..dentatum and C. elegans in the features and function of the serine/threonine protein phosphatase characterised, which should have implications for detailed investigations into molecular reproductive processes of some parasitic nematodes...
- Ciznadija D, Tothill R, Waterman M, Zhao L, Huynh D, Yu R, et al. Intestinal adenoma formation and MYC activation are regulated by cooperation between MYB and Wnt signaling. Cell Death Differ. 2009;16:1530-8 pubmed publisher..These data highlight a cooperative function for MYB in the context of activated Wnt signaling and provide a molecular basis for the expression of MYC in CRC. ..
- Eid J, Arias A, Robertson H, Hime G, Dziadek M. The Drosophila STIM1 orthologue, dSTIM, has roles in cell fate specification and tissue patterning. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:104 pubmed publisher..These interactions may be relevant to studies implicating STIM family proteins in tumorigenesis. ..
- Southon A, Farlow A, Norgate M, Burke R, Camakaris J. Malvolio is a copper transporter in Drosophila melanogaster. J Exp Biol. 2008;211:709-16 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate Mvl is a functional Cu transporter and that despite partial functional redundancy with the Ctr1 proteins, Cu uptake through this pathway is necessary for optimal viability at the cellular and organismal levels. ..
- Vincan E, Darcy P, Farrelly C, Faux M, Brabletz T, Ramsay R. Frizzled-7 dictates three-dimensional organization of colorectal cancer cell carcinoids. Oncogene. 2007;26:2340-52 pubmed..During development, FZD7 orchestrates either migratory or epithelialization events depending on the context. Our findings strongly implicate similar functional diversity for FZD7 during CRC morphogenesis. ..
- Janes P, Saha N, Barton W, Kolev M, Wimmer Kleikamp S, Nievergall E, et al. Adam meets Eph: an ADAM substrate recognition module acts as a molecular switch for ephrin cleavage in trans. Cell. 2005;123:291-304 pubmed..Our data suggest a simple mechanism for regulating ADAM10-mediated ephrin proteolysis, which ensures that only Eph bound ephrins are recognized and cleaved. ..
- Galic S, Hauser C, Kahn B, Haj F, Neel B, Tonks N, et al. Coordinated regulation of insulin signaling by the protein tyrosine phosphatases PTP1B and TCPTP. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:819-29 pubmed..These results demonstrate that PTP1B and TCPTP are not redundant in insulin signaling and that they act to control both common as well as distinct insulin signaling pathways in the same cell. ..