Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on recombinant fusion proteins in Victoria, Australia
Locale: Victoria, Australia
Topic: recombinant fusion proteins
- Johnstone R, Wei W, Greenway A, Trapani J. Functional interaction between p53 and the interferon-inducible nucleoprotein IFI 16. Oncogene. 2000;19:6033-42 pubmed..These findings demonstrate a possible link between gene induction following interferon stimulation and p53-mediated cellular events. ..
- Swain S, Singh D, Helliwell C, Poole A. Plants with increased expression of ent-kaurene oxidase are resistant to chemical inhibitors of this gibberellin biosynthesis enzyme. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:284-91 pubmed..Finally, the observation that pollen tubes expressing 35S:KO or 35S:KO-GFP have decreased sensitivity to KO inhibitors provides further evidence for a physiological role for GAs in pollen tube elongation...
- Onnebo S, Condron M, McPhee D, Lieschke G, Ward A. Hematopoietic perturbation in zebrafish expressing a tel-jak2a fusion. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:182-8 pubmed..These results indicate that the zebrafish tel-jak2a oncoprotein is functional, and suggest that this organism will be useful for the experimental study of myeloid malignancy. ..
- Stephenson S, Dubach D, Lim C, Mercer J, La Fontaine S. A single PDZ domain protein interacts with the Menkes copper ATPase, ATP7A. A new protein implicated in copper homeostasis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:33270-9 pubmed
- Haynes N, Trapani J, Teng M, Jackson J, Cerruti L, Jane S, et al. Single-chain antigen recognition receptors that costimulate potent rejection of established experimental tumors. Blood. 2002;100:3155-63 pubmed..Our study has illustrated the practical advantage of engineering a T-cell signaling complex that codelivers CD28 activation, dependent only upon the tumor's expression of the appropriate tumor associated antigen. ..
- Cullinane M, Gong L, Li X, Lazar Adler N, Tra T, Wolvetang E, et al. Stimulation of autophagy suppresses the intracellular survival of Burkholderia pseudomallei in mammalian cell lines. Autophagy. 2008;4:744-53 pubmed..pseudomallei, but which the bacteria can actively evade. However, when autophagy is pharmacologically induced using rapamycin, bacteria are actively sequestered in autophagosomes, ultimately decreasing their survival. ..
- Olayioye M, Guthridge M, Stomski F, Lopez A, Visvader J, Lindeman G. Threonine 391 phosphorylation of the human prolactin receptor mediates a novel interaction with 14-3-3 proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32929-35 pubmed..This was accompanied by a ligand-induced increase in protein kinase B and Erk activation but not that of Stat5a. Phosphorylation of the receptor on Thr391 may therefore provide a new mechanism by which prolactin signaling is attenuated. ..
- Soga T, Kitahashi T, Clarke I, Parhar I. Gonadotropin-inhibitory hormone promoter-driven enhanced green fluorescent protein expression decreases during aging in female rats. Endocrinology. 2014;155:1944-55 pubmed publisher..We conclude that there is an age-related decline in GnIH neuron number and GnIH inputs to GnRH neurons. We also conclude that the response of GnIH neurons to estrogen diminishes with reproductive aging. ..
- Hu Y, Zhou H, Myers D, Quinn J, Atkins G, Ly C, et al. Isolation of a human homolog of osteoclast inhibitory lectin that inhibits the formation and function of osteoclasts. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19:89-99 pubmed..Thus, a human homolog of OCIL exists that is highly conserved with mOCIL in its primary amino acid sequence (C-lectin domain), genomic structure, and activity to inhibit osteoclastogenesis. ..
- Leedman P, Faulkner Jones B, Cram D, Harrison P, West J, O BRIEN E, et al. Cloning from the thyroid of a protein related to actin binding protein that is recognized by Graves disease immunoglobulins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:5994-8 pubmed..We suggest, therefore, that signal transduction by TSH in the thyroid involves direct linkage of the TSH receptor to actin microfilaments by ABP and that TABP may interact with ABP to mediate TSH-induced actin microfilament disruption. ..
- Iseli T, Walter M, van Denderen B, Katsis F, Witters L, Kemp B, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase beta subunit tethers alpha and gamma subunits via its C-terminal sequence (186-270). J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13395-400 pubmed..The conserved C-terminal 85-residue sequence of the beta subunit (90% between beta1 and beta2) is the primary alphagamma binding sequence responsible for the formation of the AMPK alphabetagamma heterotrimer. ..
- Acevedo K, Li R, Soo P, Suryadinata R, Sarcevic B, Valova V, et al. The phosphorylation of p25/TPPP by LIM kinase 1 inhibits its ability to assemble microtubules. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:4091-106 pubmed..Our results represent a surprising connection between the tubulin and the actin cytoskeleton mediated by LIMK1. We propose that the LIMK1 phosphorylation of p25 blocks p25 activity, thus promoting microtubule disassembly. ..
- Monty J, Llanos R, Mercer J, Kramer D. Copper exposure induces trafficking of the menkes protein in intestinal epithelium of ATP7A transgenic mice. J Nutr. 2005;135:2762-6 pubmed
- Galic S, Klingler Hoffmann M, Fodero Tavoletti M, Puryer M, Meng T, Tonks N, et al. Regulation of insulin receptor signaling by the protein tyrosine phosphatase TCPTP. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2096-108 pubmed..These results indicate that the differentially localized variants of TCPTP may dephosphorylate the IR and downregulate insulin-induced signaling in vivo. ..
- Gange C, Quinn J, Zhou H, Kartsogiannis V, Gillespie M, Ng K. Characterization of sugar binding by osteoclast inhibitory lectin. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29043-9 pubmed
- Moller A, House C, Wong C, Scanlon D, Liu M, Ronai Z, et al. Inhibition of Siah ubiquitin ligase function. Oncogene. 2009;28:289-96 pubmed publisher..These data show, in a proof-of-principle study, that Siah protein, the most upstream component of the hypoxia pathway yet identified, is a viable drug target for antitumor therapies. ..
- Albiston A, McDowall S, Matsacos D, Sim P, Clune E, Mustafa T, et al. Evidence that the angiotensin IV (AT(4)) receptor is the enzyme insulin-regulated aminopeptidase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:48623-6 pubmed..We have therefore demonstrated that the AT(4) receptor is IRAP and propose that AT(4) receptor ligands may exert their effects by inhibiting the catalytic activity of IRAP thereby extending the half-life of its neuropeptide substrates. ..
- Nagabhushanam V, Praszkier J, Cheers C. Molecular and immunological characterization of Mycobacterium avium 65 kDa heat shock protein (Hsp65). Immunol Cell Biol. 2001;79:454-61 pubmed..Therefore, the findings indicate that Hsp65 is not a dominant T-cell antigen during M. avium infection. ..
- Levesque J, Takamatsu Y, Nilsson S, Haylock D, Simmons P. Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (CD106) is cleaved by neutrophil proteases in the bone marrow following hematopoietic progenitor cell mobilization by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Blood. 2001;98:1289-97 pubmed
- Houghton F, Bellingham S, Hill A, Bourges D, Ang D, Gemetzis T, et al. Arl5b is a Golgi-localised small G protein involved in the regulation of retrograde transport. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:464-77 pubmed publisher..Collectively these results suggest that Arl5b is a TGN-localised small G protein that plays a key role in regulating transport along the endosome-TGN pathway. ..
- Zhang J, Farley A, Nicholson S, Willson T, Zugaro L, Simpson R, et al. The conserved SOCS box motif in suppressors of cytokine signaling binds to elongins B and C and may couple bound proteins to proteasomal degradation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:2071-6 pubmed..Analogous to the family of F-box-containing proteins, it appears that the SOCS proteins may act as adaptor molecules that target activated cell signaling proteins to the protein degradation pathway. ..
- Williams J, Osvath S, Khong T, Pearse M, Power D. Cloning, sequencing and bacterial expression of human glycine tRNA synthetase. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:1307-10 pubmed..Bacterial extract containing the fusion protein catalyses the aminoacylation of bovine tRNA with [14C]-gly at 10-fold increased level above normal bacterial extract and confirms that the cDNA encodes human GlyRS. ..
- Mantamadiotis T, Baldwin G. The seventh transmembrane domain of gastrin/CCK receptors contributes to non-peptide antagonist binding. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;201:1382-9 pubmed..Furthermore, the affinity of the chimaera for gastrin is essentially the same as the gastrin/CCK-B receptor, indicating that the six different amino acids probably do not contribute to peptide agonist binding. ..
- Oakhill J, Steel R, Chen Z, Scott J, Ling N, Tam S, et al. AMPK is a direct adenylate charge-regulated protein kinase. Science. 2011;332:1433-5 pubmed publisher..However, in contrast to AMP, ADP did not directly activate phosphorylated AMPK. In this way, both ADP/ATP and AMP/ATP ratios contribute to AMPK regulation. ..
- Bellamy McIntyre A, Lay C, Baär S, Maerz A, Talbo G, Drummer H, et al. Functional links between the fusion peptide-proximal polar segment and membrane-proximal region of human immunodeficiency virus gp41 in distinct phases of membrane fusion. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23104-16 pubmed..The data indicate that the polar segment and MPR of gp41 act synergistically in forming a fusion-competent gp120-gp41 complex and in stabilizing the membrane-interactive end of the trimer of hairpins. ..
- Reiling L, Richards J, Fowkes F, Wilson D, Chokejindachai W, Barry A, et al. The Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte invasion ligand Pfrh4 as a target of functional and protective human antibodies against malaria. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45253 pubmed publisher..These findings advance our understanding of the targets and mechanisms of human immunity and evaluating the potential of PfRh4 as a component of candidate malaria vaccines...
- Soosairajah J, Maiti S, Wiggan O, Sarmiere P, Moussi N, Sarcevic B, et al. Interplay between components of a novel LIM kinase-slingshot phosphatase complex regulates cofilin. EMBO J. 2005;24:473-86 pubmed..Here we define a novel ADF/cofilin phosphoregulatory complex and suggest a new mechanism for the regulation of ADF/cofilin activity in mediating changes to the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Turner B, Atkin J, Farg M, Zang D, Rembach A, Lopes E, et al. Impaired extracellular secretion of mutant superoxide dismutase 1 associates with neurotoxicity in familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurosci. 2005;25:108-17 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest novel extracellular roles for SOD1 in ALS and support a causal relationship between mutant SOD1 secretion and intraneuronal toxicity. ..
- Häusler K, Horwood N, Chuman Y, Fisher J, Ellis J, Martin T, et al. Secreted frizzled-related protein-1 inhibits RANKL-dependent osteoclast formation. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19:1873-81 pubmed..This study describes a new mechanism whereby osteoblasts regulate osteoclastogenesis through the expression and release of sFRP-1. ..
- Drummer H, Wilson K, Poumbourios P. Identification of the hepatitis C virus E2 glycoprotein binding site on the large extracellular loop of CD81. J Virol. 2002;76:11143-7 pubmed..These findings reveal an E2-binding surface of approximately 806 A(2) and potential target sites for the development of small-molecule inhibitors of E2 binding. ..
- Li H, Cao Y, Berndt M, Funder J, Liu J. Molecular interactions between telomerase and the tumor suppressor protein p53 in vitro. Oncogene. 1999;18:6785-94 pubmed
- Dubljevic V, Sali A, Goding J. A conserved RGD (Arg-Gly-Asp) motif in the transferrin receptor is required for binding to transferrin. Biochem J. 1999;341 ( Pt 1):11-4 pubmed..RGD sequences are commonly involved in cell adhesion. This sequence is crucial for transferrin binding, suggesting possible evolutionary links between molecules mediating iron uptake and cell adhesion. ..
- Owczarek C, Zhang Y, Layton M, Metcalf D, Roberts B, Nicola N. The unusual species cross-reactivity of the leukemia inhibitory factor receptor alpha-chain is determined primarily by the immunoglobulin-like domain. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:23976-85 pubmed..These findings should enable the development of a "humanized" mouse LIFR that could act as a potent antagonist of hLIF biological activities in vivo. ..
- Gavin P, Prescott M, Devenish R. F1F0-ATP synthase complex interactions in vivo can occur in the absence of the dimer specific subunit e. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2005;37:55-66 pubmed..Moreover, FRET was observed within cells lacking the dimer specific subunit e, indicating structured associations can occur within the inner membrane in the absence of subunit e. ..
- Lane C, Petris M, Benmerah A, Greenough M, Camakaris J. Studies on endocytic mechanisms of the Menkes copper-translocating P-type ATPase (ATP7A; MNK). Endocytosis of the Menkes protein. Biometals. 2004;17:87-98 pubmed..These studies, together with earlier studies on the requirement for L1487L1488, suggest that MNK can utilise both clathrin-dependent and clathrin-independent endocytosis in HeLa cells. ..
- Wilson Annan J, O Reilly L, Crawford S, Hausmann G, Beaumont J, Parma L, et al. Proapoptotic BH3-only proteins trigger membrane integration of prosurvival Bcl-w and neutralize its activity. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:877-87 pubmed..These results suggest that ligation of a proapoptotic BH3-only protein alters the conformation of Bcl-w, enhances membrane association, and neutralizes its survival function. ..
- Poon S, Heath R, Clarke A. A chimeric arabinogalactan protein promotes somatic embryogenesis in cotton cell culture. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:684-95 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the nonglycosylated phytocyanin-like domain from GhPLA1, which was bacterially produced, also promoted SE, indicating that the glycosylated AGP domain was unnecessary for in vitro activity...
- Lackmann M, Mann R, Kravets L, Smith F, Bucci T, Maxwell K, et al. Ligand for EPH-related kinase (LERK) 7 is the preferred high affinity ligand for the HEK receptor. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:16521-30 pubmed..By extrapolation, our findings indicate that some of the reported LERK-receptor interactions are a consequence of the use of bivalent ligand or receptor constructs and may be functionally irrelevant. ..
- Ray S, Maitra A, Biswas A, Panjikar S, Mondal J, Anand R. Functional insights into the mode of DNA and ligand binding of the TetR family regulator TylP from Streptomyces fradiae. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15301-15311 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the structure along with corroborating biochemical studies provided insights into the novel mode of regulation of TetRs in antibiotic-producing organisms. ..