Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mitochondrial proteins in Western Australia, Australia
Locale: Western Australia, Australia
Topic: mitochondrial proteins
- Van Aken O, Zhang B, Law S, Narsai R, Whelan J. AtWRKY40 and AtWRKY63 modulate the expression of stress-responsive nuclear genes encoding mitochondrial and chloroplast proteins. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:254-71 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study establishes the role of WRKY transcription factors in the coordination of stress-responsive genes encoding mitochondrial and chloroplast proteins. ..
- Carrie C, Giraud E, Duncan O, Xu L, Wang Y, Huang S, et al. Conserved and novel functions for Arabidopsis thaliana MIA40 in assembly of proteins in mitochondria and peroxisomes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:36138-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, the mechanistic operation of the mitochondrial disulfide relay system is different in A. thaliana compared with other systems, and Mia40 has taken on new roles in peroxisomes and mitochondria. ..
- Chai T, Simmonds D, Day D, Colmer T, Finnegan P. Photosynthetic performance and fertility are repressed in GmAOX2b antisense soybean. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:1638-49 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results presented here indicate that AOX expression has an important role in determining normal gametophyte development and function...
- Giraud E, Van Aken O, Ho L, Whelan J. The transcription factor ABI4 is a regulator of mitochondrial retrograde expression of ALTERNATIVE OXIDASE1a. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:1286-96 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they provide a molecular link between mitochondrial and chloroplast retrograde signaling, as ABI4 has been previously shown to act downstream of at least two chloroplast retrograde signaling pathways. ..
- Ho L, Giraud E, Uggalla V, Lister R, Clifton R, Glen A, et al. Identification of regulatory pathways controlling gene expression of stress-responsive mitochondrial proteins in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2008;147:1858-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, posttranscriptional regulation accounts for changes in transcript abundance by SA treatment for some genes. ..
- Lister R, Carrie C, Duncan O, Ho L, Howell K, Murcha M, et al. Functional definition of outer membrane proteins involved in preprotein import into mitochondria. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3739-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is proposed that all three components directly interact with precursor proteins to participate in early stages of mitochondrial protein import...
- Court N, Ingley E, Klinken S, Bogoyevitch M. Outer membrane protein 25-a mitochondrial anchor and inhibitor of stress-activated protein kinase-3. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1744:68-75 pubmed..This is a new mechanism for the regulation of SAPK3 and suggests that its intracellular activity should not be solely assessed by its phosphorylation status. ..
- Lister R, Chew O, Lee M, Heazlewood J, Clifton R, Parker K, et al. A transcriptomic and proteomic characterization of the Arabidopsis mitochondrial protein import apparatus and its response to mitochondrial dysfunction. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:777-89 pubmed..These findings suggest that transcription of import component genes is induced when mitochondrial function is limited and that minor gene isoforms display a greater response than the predominant isoforms. ..
- Considine M, Holtzapffel R, Day D, Whelan J, Millar A. Molecular distinction between alternative oxidase from monocots and dicots. Plant Physiol. 2002;129:949-53 pubmed