Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Queensland, Australia
Locale: Queensland, Australia
Publications199 found, 100 shown here
- Cuffe J, Saif Z, Perkins A, Moritz K, Clifton V. Dexamethasone and sex regulate placental glucocorticoid receptor isoforms in mice. J Endocrinol. 2017;234:89-100 pubmed publisher..These findings may underlie the sex-specific placental adaptations that regulate different growth profiles in males and females and different risks for programmed disease outcomes in offspring. ..
- Turcotte M, Allard D, Mittal D, Bareche Y, Buisseret L, JosÃ© V, et al. CD73 Promotes Resistance to HER2/ErbB2 Antibody Therapy. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5652-5663 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings establish CD73 in mediating resistance to trastuzumab and provide new insights into how CD73 is regulated in breast cancer. Cancer Res; 77(20); 5652-63. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Weil D, Power M, Smith S, Li C. Predominant expression of murine Bmx tyrosine kinase in the granulo-monocytic lineage. Blood. 1997;90:4332-40 pubmed..Our results indicate that Bmx is another member of the Btk/Itk/Tec PTK family, which is predominantly expressed in the granulo-monocytic lineage within the hematopoietic system. ..
- Pantaleon M, Whiteside E, Harvey M, Barnard R, Waters M, Kaye P. Functional growth hormone (GH) receptors and GH are expressed by preimplantation mouse embryos: a role for GH in early embryogenesis?. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:5125-30 pubmed..These observations raise the possibility of a paracrine/autocrine GH loop regulating embryonic development in its earliest stages. ..
- Banks G, Kanjhan R, Wiese S, Kneussel M, Wong L, O Sullivan G, et al. Glycinergic and GABAergic synaptic activity differentially regulate motoneuron survival and skeletal muscle innervation. J Neurosci. 2005;25:1249-59 pubmed
- Elliott S, Kuns R, Good M. Heterologous immunity in the absence of variant-specific antibodies after exposure to subpatent infection with blood-stage malaria. Infect Immun. 2005;73:2478-85 pubmed..These findings suggest that alternative vaccine strategies based on delivery of multiple parasite antigens at low dose may induce effective immunity targeting conserved determinants. ..
- Pearson M, Pickering D, Tribolet L, Cooper L, Mulvenna J, Oliveira L, et al. Neutralizing antibodies to the hookworm hemoglobinase Na-APR-1: implications for a multivalent vaccine against hookworm infection and schistosomiasis. J Infect Dis. 2010;201:1561-9 pubmed publisher..americanus Na-GST-1; antibodies against both chimeras neutralized the enzymatic activity of Na-APR-1. These findings support the incorporation of Na-APR-1 into a multivalent vaccine against hookworm and/or schistosomiasis. ..
- Cavallaro A, Mahony D, Commins M, Mahony T, Mitter N. Endotoxin-free purification for the isolation of bovine viral diarrhoea virus E2 protein from insoluble inclusion body aggregates. Microb Cell Fact. 2011;10:57 pubmed publisher..The optimised E. coli expression system for E2-T1 combined with methodologies for solubilisation, refolding and integrated endotoxin removal presented in this study should prove useful for other vaccine applications. ..
- Lee K, Chand K, Hammond L, Lavidis N, Noakes P. Functional decline at the aging neuromuscular junction is associated with altered laminin-α4 expression. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:880-899 pubmed publisher..These findings significantly support the role of laminin-α4 in maintenance of the NMJ during aging. ..
- Chen S, Wang S, Hosking B, Muscat G. Subcellular localization of the steroid receptor coactivators (SRCs) and MEF2 in muscle and rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:783-96 pubmed..In contrast, RMS cells display aberrant transcription factor SRC localization and expression, which may underlie certain features of the RMS phenotype. ..
- Case R, Sharp E, Benned Jensen T, Rosenkilde M, Davis Poynter N, Farrell H. Functional analysis of the murine cytomegalovirus chemokine receptor homologue M33: ablation of constitutive signaling is associated with an attenuated phenotype in vivo. J Virol. 2008;82:1884-98 pubmed..In addition, HCMV UL33 was found to partially compensate for the lack of M33 in vivo, suggesting conserved biological roles of the UL33 gene family...
- Pearen M, Ryall J, Lynch G, Muscat G. Expression profiling of skeletal muscle following acute and chronic beta2-adrenergic stimulation: implications for hypertrophy, metabolism and circadian rhythm. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:448 pubmed publisher..Gene expression alterations discovered in this study provides insight into many of the underlying changes in gene expression that mediate beta-AR induced skeletal muscle hypertrophy and altered metabolism. ..
- Putz E, Mayfosh A, Kos K, Barkauskas D, Nakamura K, Town L, et al. NK cell heparanase controls tumor invasion and immune surveillance. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2777-2788 pubmed publisher..This should be considered when systemically treating cancer patients with heparanase inhibitors, since the potential adverse effect on NK cell infiltration might limit the antitumor activity of the inhibitors. ..
- Takasato M, Er P, Becroft M, Vanslambrouck J, Stanley E, Elefanty A, et al. Directing human embryonic stem cell differentiation towards a renal lineage generates a self-organizing kidney. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:118-26 pubmed publisher..Such hESC-derived components show broad renal potential ex vivo, illustrating the potential for pluripotent-stem-cell-based renal regeneration. ..
- Tonks I, Nurcombe V, Paterson C, Zournazi A, Prather C, Mould A, et al. Tyrosinase-Cre mice for tissue-specific gene ablation in neural crest and neuroepithelial-derived tissues. Genesis. 2003;37:131-8 pubmed
- Ren G, Vajjhala P, Lee J, Winsor B, Munn A. The BAR domain proteins: molding membranes in fission, fusion, and phagy. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev. 2006;70:37-120 pubmed
- Johnstone K, Karoli T, Liu L, Dredge K, Copeman E, Li C, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of polysulfated oligosaccharide glycosides as inhibitors of angiogenesis and tumor growth. J Med Chem. 2010;53:1686-99 pubmed publisher..The data support the further investigation of this class of compounds as potential antiangiogenic, anticancer therapeutics. ..
- Keys J, Tallack M, Zhan Y, Papathanasiou P, Goodnow C, Gaensler K, et al. A mechanism for Ikaros regulation of human globin gene switching. Br J Haematol. 2008;141:398-406 pubmed publisher..This study provides new insights into the mechanism of stage-specific assembly of the beta-globin ACH, and HPFH. ..
- Schussek S, Trieu A, Apte S, Sidney J, Sette A, Doolan D. Immunization with apical membrane antigen 1 confers sterile infection-blocking immunity against Plasmodium sporozoite challenge in a rodent model. Infect Immun. 2013;81:3586-99 pubmed publisher..These data establish AMA-1 as a target of both preerythrocytic- and erythrocytic-stage protective immune responses and validate vaccine approaches designed to induce both cellular and humoral immunity. ..
- O Sullivan L, Cuffe J, Paravicini T, Campbell S, Dickinson H, Singh R, et al. Prenatal exposure to dexamethasone in the mouse alters cardiac growth patterns and increases pulse pressure in aged male offspring. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69149 pubmed publisher..However, the widened pulse pressure may be indicative of altered vascular compliance. ..
- Lichanska A, Browne C, Henkel G, Murphy K, Ostrowski M, McKercher S, et al. Differentiation of the mononuclear phagocyte system during mouse embryogenesis: the role of transcription factor PU.1. Blood. 1999;94:127-38 pubmed..The results support previous evidence that yolk sac-derived fetal phagocytes are functionally distinct from those arising in the liver and develop via a different pathway. ..
- Baz A, Buttigieg K, Zeng W, Rizkalla M, Jackson D, Groves P, et al. Branched and linear lipopeptide vaccines have different effects on primary CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell activation but induce similar tumor-protective memory CD8+ T-cell responses. Vaccine. 2008;26:2570-9 pubmed publisher..OVA epitope display was reduced in tumors that developed in some mice, suggesting CD8+ T-cell dependent selection. ..
- Tonks I, Mould A, Schroder W, Cotterill A, Hayward N, Walker G, et al. Dual loss of rb1 and Trp53 in the adrenal medulla leads to spontaneous pheochromocytoma. Neoplasia. 2010;12:235-43 pubmed..Consequently, the Trp53 tumor suppressor gene is an efficient genetic modifier of Rb1 loss in the development of PCC, and their compound loss in the adrenal medulla has a profound impact on both cellular homeostasis and animal vitality. ..
- Stephens A, Stephens S, Hobbs C, Hutmacher D, Bacic Welsh D, Woodruff M, et al. Myocyte enhancer factor 2c, an osteoblast transcription factor identified by dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO)-enhanced mineralization. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:30071-86 pubmed publisher..A flow on knockdown of bone-specific transcription factors, Runx2 and osterix by shRNAi knockdown of Mef2c, suggests that Mef2c lies upstream of these two important factors in the cascade of gene expression in osteoblasts. ..
- Wetzig A, Mackay Sim A, Murrell W. Characterization of olfactory stem cells. Cell Transplant. 2011;20:1673-91 pubmed publisher..Significantly, of importance to any tissue regeneration endeavor, stem cell numbers were shown to be enriched by our culture methods. This was confirmed whether measured by sphere-forming capacity or differentiation response rate. ..
- Dressel U, Allen T, Pippal J, Rohde P, Lau P, Muscat G. The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor beta/delta agonist, GW501516, regulates the expression of genes involved in lipid catabolism and energy uncoupling in skeletal muscle cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:2477-93 pubmed
- Pearen M, Myers S, Raichur S, Ryall J, Lynch G, Muscat G. The orphan nuclear receptor, NOR-1, a target of beta-adrenergic signaling, regulates gene expression that controls oxidative metabolism in skeletal muscle. Endocrinology. 2008;149:2853-65 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, NOR-1 is necessary for oxidative metabolism in skeletal muscle. ..
- Britton L, Jaskowski L, Bridle K, Santrampurwala N, Reiling J, Musgrave N, et al. Heterozygous Hfe gene deletion leads to impaired glucose homeostasis, but not liver injury in mice fed a high-calorie diet. Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..However, unlike homozygous Hfe deletion, heterozygous gene deletion did not affect lipid metabolism pathways or liver injury in this model. ..
- Xu H, Wipasa J, Yan H, Zeng M, Makobongo M, Finkelman F, et al. The mechanism and significance of deletion of parasite-specific CD4(+) T cells in malaria infection. J Exp Med. 2002;195:881-92 pubmed..This study provides further insight into the nature of immunity to malaria and may have a significant impact on approaches taken to develop a malaria vaccine. ..
- MacDonald K, Rowe V, Bofinger H, Thomas R, Sasmono T, Hume D, et al. The colony-stimulating factor 1 receptor is expressed on dendritic cells during differentiation and regulates their expansion. J Immunol. 2005;175:1399-405 pubmed..These data provide additional evidence that the majority of tissue DC is of myeloid origin during steady state and supports a close relationship between DC and macrophage biology in vivo. ..
- Byrne K, Vuocolo T, Gondro C, White J, Cockett N, Hadfield T, et al. A gene network switch enhances the oxidative capacity of ovine skeletal muscle during late fetal development. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:378 pubmed publisher..These changes probably underpin the adaption of muscle to new physiological demands in the postnatal environment. ..
- Verity C, McManus D, Brindley P. Vaccine efficacy of recombinant cathepsin D aspartic protease from Schistosoma japonicum. Parasite Immunol. 2001;23:153-62 pubmed..These results suggest that antibodies may not play a key role in the protective effect elicited, and that protection may be due to a combination of humoral and cell-mediated responses ..
- Mattarollo S, Rahimpour A, Choyce A, Godfrey D, Leggatt G, Frazer I. Invariant NKT cells in hyperplastic skin induce a local immune suppressive environment by IFN-gamma production. J Immunol. 2010;184:1242-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, inhibition of NKT cell recruitment or function may enable effective immunity against tumor and viral Ags expressed in epithelial cells. ..
- Thakur S, Ward M, Popat A, Flemming N, Parat M, Barnett N, et al. Stably engineered nanobubbles and ultrasound - An effective platform for enhanced macromolecular delivery to representative cells of the retina. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178305 pubmed publisher..The results of this study pave the way towards better understanding mechanisms underlying cellular responsiveness to ultrasound-triggered drug delivery in future ex vivo and in vivo models of the posterior eye. ..
- East I, Washington E, Brindley P, Monroy G, Scott Young N. Nematospiroides dubius: passive transfer of protective immunity to mice with monoclonal antibodies. Exp Parasitol. 1988;66:7-12 pubmed..Passive protective immunity in Balb/c mice was demonstrated with monoclonal antibodies Nd2 and Nd3 in ascites fluid which stunted both male and female worms and reduced parasite fecundity...
- Wipasa J, Xu H, Makobongo M, Gatton M, Stowers A, Good M. Nature and specificity of the required protective immune response that develops postchallenge in mice vaccinated with the 19-kilodalton fragment of Plasmodium yoelii merozoite surface protein 1. Infect Immun. 2002;70:6013-20 pubmed..The data imply that the ability of natural infection to boost an MSP1(19)-specific antibody response should greatly improve vaccine efficacy. ..
- Ramsay A, Dong Y, Hunt M, Linn M, Samaratunga H, Clements J, et al. Kallikrein-related peptidase 4 (KLK4) initiates intracellular signaling via protease-activated receptors (PARs). KLK4 and PAR-2 are co-expressed during prostate cancer progression. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12293-304 pubmed publisher..These data provide insight into KLK4-mediated cell signaling and suggest that signals induced by this enzyme via PARs may be important in prostate cancer. ..
- Blake S, Stannard K, Liu J, Allen S, Yong M, Mittal D, et al. Suppression of Metastases Using a New Lymphocyte Checkpoint Target for Cancer Immunotherapy. Cancer Discov. 2016;6:446-59 pubmed publisher..Targeting host CD96 is shown to complement surgery and conventional immune checkpoint blockade. ..
- Tiralongo J, Ashikov A, Routier F, Eckhardt M, Bakker H, Gerardy Schahn R, et al. Functional expression of the CMP-sialic acid transporter in Escherichia coli and its identification as a simple mobile carrier. Glycobiology. 2006;16:73-81 pubmed..Kinetic studies carried out with CMP-Neu5Ac and established CMP-Neu5Ac antagonist's evaluated natural conformation of the reconstituted protein and clearly demonstrate that the transporter acts as a simple mobile carrier. ..
- Walker G, Kimlin M, Hacker E, Ravishankar S, Muller H, Beermann F, et al. Murine neonatal melanocytes exhibit a heightened proliferative response to ultraviolet radiation and migrate to the epidermal basal layer. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:184-93 pubmed publisher..The exquisite sensitivity to UVR-induced proliferation and migration that characterizes neonatal mouse melanocytes may partly explain the utility of this form of exposure for inducing melanoma in mice that carry oncogenic mutations. ..
- Lakshminarayan R, Wunder C, Becken U, Howes M, Benzing C, Arumugam S, et al. Galectin-3 drives glycosphingolipid-dependent biogenesis of clathrin-independent carriers. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:595-606 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Gal3 functionally integrates carbohydrate specificity on cargo proteins with the capacity of GSLs to drive clathrin-independent plasma membrane bending as a first step of CLIC biogenesis. ..
- Brown A, Kay G. Bex1, a gene with increased expression in parthenogenetic embryos, is a member of a novel gene family on the mouse X chromosome. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:611-9 pubmed
- Pickles J, Claxton C, Van Heumen W. Complementary and layered expression of Ephs and ephrins in developing mouse inner ear. J Comp Neurol. 2002;449:207-16 pubmed..The results suggest that the Eph system in the cochlea may have a role in maintaining cell segregation during phases of cochlear development. ..
- Elvin C, Vuocolo T, Brownlee A, Sando L, Huson M, Liyou N, et al. A highly elastic tissue sealant based on photopolymerised gelatin. Biomaterials. 2010;31:8323-31 pubmed publisher..The elastic properties, thermal stability, speed of curing and high tissue adhesive strength of this photopolymerised gelatin, offer considerable improvement over current surgical tissue sealants. ..
- Mattarollo S, Yong M, Gosmann C, Choyce A, Chan D, Leggatt G, et al. NKT cells inhibit antigen-specific effector CD8 T cell induction to skin viral proteins. J Immunol. 2011;187:1601-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in the context of viral Ag challenge in the skin, systemic NKT cells limit the capacity for effective priming of adaptive immunity. ..
- Wansa K, Harris J, Muscat G. The activation function-1 domain of Nur77/NR4A1 mediates trans-activation, cell specificity, and coactivator recruitment. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:33001-11 pubmed..Thus, the AF-1 domain plays a major role in Nur77-mediated transcriptional activation, cofactor recruitment, and intra- and intermolecular interactions. ..
- Moyle P, Olive C, Ho M, Good M, Toth I. Synthesis of a highly pure lipid core peptide based self-adjuvanting triepitopic group A streptococcal vaccine, and subsequent immunological evaluation. J Med Chem. 2006;49:6364-70 pubmed..Subcutaneous immunization of B10.BR (H-2(k)) mice with the synthesized vaccine, with or without the addition of complete Freund's adjuvant, elicited high serum IgG antibody titers against each of the incorporated peptide epitopes. ..
- Pattabiraman D, Sun J, Dowhan D, Ishii S, Gonda T. Mutations in multiple domains of c-Myb disrupt interaction with CBP/p300 and abrogate myeloid transforming ability. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:1477-86 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that multiple Myb domains influence its interaction with CBP/p300, highlight the importance of this interaction for myeloid transformation, and suggest an approach for molecular targeting of Myb in leukemia. ..
- Christ A, Labzin L, Bourne G, Fukunishi H, Weber J, Sweet M, et al. Development and characterization of new inhibitors of the human and mouse hematopoietic prostaglandin D(2) synthases. J Med Chem. 2010;53:5536-48 pubmed publisher..Compound 34 therefore represents a selective hematopoietic prostaglandin D(2) synthase inhibitor. ..
- Stanley A, de Labastida Rivera F, Haque A, Sheel M, Zhou Y, Amante F, et al. Critical roles for LIGHT and its receptors in generating T cell-mediated immunity during Leishmania donovani infection. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002279 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified distinct roles for LIGHT in infection, and show that manipulation of interactions between LIGHT and its receptors may be used for therapeutic advantage. ..
- Deuis J, Dekan Z, Inserra M, Lee T, Aguilar M, Craik D, et al. Development of a ?O-Conotoxin Analogue with Improved Lipid Membrane Interactions and Potency for the Analgesic Sodium Channel NaV1.8. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:11829-42 pubmed publisher..This analogue had increased potency at NaV1.8 and was analgesic in the mouse formalin assay. ..
- Groves N, Kesby J, Eyles D, McGrath J, Mackay Sim A, Burne T. Adult vitamin D deficiency leads to behavioural and brain neurochemical alterations in C57BL/6J and BALB/c mice. Behav Brain Res. 2013;241:120-31 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to show an association between AVD deficiency and prominent changes in behaviour and brain neurochemistry in the mouse...
- Tellam J, Macaulay S, McIntosh S, Hewish D, Ward C, James D. Characterization of Munc-18c and syntaxin-4 in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Putative role in insulin-dependent movement of GLUT-4. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:6179-86 pubmed..These data suggest that syntaxin-4/Munc-18c/VAMP-2 may play a role in the docking/fusion of intracellular GLUT-4-containing vesicles with the cell surface in adipocytes. ..
- Krishnamurthy A, McGrath J, Cripps A, Kyd J. The incidence of Streptococcus pneumoniae otitis media is affected by the polymicrobial environment particularly Moraxella catarrhalis in a mouse nasal colonisation model. Microbes Infect. 2009;11:545-53 pubmed publisher..The study has shown that the composition of bacteria in the nasal cavity and respiratory viral infection significantly affected the OM incidence rate, duration of infection and bacterial load (severity). ..
- Freeman L, Lam A, Petcu E, Smith R, Salajegheh A, Diamond P, et al. Myeloma-induced alloreactive T cells arising in myeloma-infiltrated bones include double-positive CD8+CD4+ T cells: evidence from myeloma-bearing mouse model. J Immunol. 2011;187:3987-96 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that myeloma-induced alloreactive T cells arising in myeloma-infiltrated bones are enriched with DP-T cells equipped with cytotoxic effector functions that are likely to be involved in the GVM effect. ..
- Zaman M, Abdel Aal A, Fujita Y, Phillipps K, Batzloff M, Good M, et al. Immunological evaluation of lipopeptide group A streptococcus (GAS) vaccine: structure-activity relationship. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30146 pubmed publisher..These findings have considerable relevance to the development of a broad spectrum J14-based GAS vaccine and in particular provided a rational basis for peptide vaccine design based on this self-adjuvanting lipopeptide technology. ..
- Raphael A, Crichton M, Falconer R, Meliga S, Chen X, Fernando G, et al. Formulations for microprojection/microneedle vaccine delivery: Structure, strength and release profiles. J Control Release. 2016;225:40-52 pubmed publisher..Overall, slight variations in formulation can significantly change the ability of our projections to perform their required function, making the choice of bulking/vaccine stabilising agents of great importance for these devices. ..
- Skwarczynski M, Dougall A, Khoshnejad M, Chandrudu S, Pearson M, Loukas A, et al. Peptide-based subunit vaccine against hookworm infection. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46870 pubmed publisher..This approach offers promise for the development of vaccines against helminth parasites of humans and their livestock and companion animals. ..
- McMorran B, Palmer J, Lunn D, Oceandy D, Costelloe E, Thomas G, et al. G551D CF mice display an abnormal host response and have impaired clearance of Pseudomonas lung disease. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;281:L740-7 pubmed
- Gobert G, McManus D. Update on paramyosin in parasitic worms. Parasitol Int. 2005;54:101-7 pubmed
- Brown R, Adams J, Pelekanos R, Wan Y, McKinstry W, Palethorpe K, et al. Model for growth hormone receptor activation based on subunit rotation within a receptor dimer. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:814-21 pubmed..We propose an activation mechanism involving a relative rotation of subunits within a dimeric receptor as a result of asymmetric placement of the receptor-binding sites on the ligand. ..
- Lenarczyk A, Le T, Drane D, Malliaros J, Pearse M, Hamilton R, et al. ISCOM based vaccines for cancer immunotherapy. Vaccine. 2004;22:963-74 pubmed
- Bradford S, Hiramatsu R, Maddugoda M, Bernard P, Chaboissier M, Sinclair A, et al. The cerebellin 4 precursor gene is a direct target of SRY and SOX9 in mice. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:1178-88 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that both SRY and SOX9 contribute to the male-specific upregulation of Cbln4 in the developing testis, and they identified a direct in vivo target gene of SRY. ..
- van Zuylen W, Garceau V, Idris A, Schroder K, Irvine K, Lattin J, et al. Macrophage activation and differentiation signals regulate schlafen-4 gene expression: evidence for Schlafen-4 as a modulator of myelopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e15723 pubmed publisher..Constitutive Slfn4 expression in the myeloid lineage in vivo perturbs myelopoiesis. We hypothesise that the down-regulation of Slfn4 gene expression during macrophage differentiation is a necessary step in development of this lineage. ..
- Chen S, Loffler K, Chen D, Stallcup M, Muscat G. The coactivator-associated arginine methyltransferase is necessary for muscle differentiation: CARM1 coactivates myocyte enhancer factor-2. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:4324-33 pubmed..This work clearly demonstrates that the arginine methyltransferase CARM1 potentiates myogenesis and supports the positive role of arginine methylation in mammalian differentiation. ..
- Seim I, Collet C, Herington A, Chopin L. Revised genomic structure of the human ghrelin gene and identification of novel exons, alternative splice variants and natural antisense transcripts. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:298 pubmed..This study reveals several novel aspects of the ghrelin gene and suggests that the ghrelin locus is far more complex than previously recognised. ..
- Ashe A, Butterfield N, Town L, Courtney A, Cooper A, Ferguson C, et al. Mutations in mouse Ift144 model the craniofacial, limb and rib defects in skeletal ciliopathies. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:1808-23 pubmed publisher..This allelic series of mouse mutants provides a unique opportunity to uncover the underlying mechanistic basis of this intriguing subset of ciliopathies. ..
- Wipasa J, Hirunpetcharat C, Mahakunkijcharoen Y, Xu H, Elliott S, Good M. Identification of T cell epitopes on the 33-kDa fragment of Plasmodium yoelii merozoite surface protein 1 and their antibody-independent protective role in immunity to blood stage malaria. J Immunol. 2002;169:944-51 pubmed..yoelii YM following adoptive transfer into immunodeficient mice without inducing detectable Ab responses. Homologs of these epitopes could be candidates for inclusion in a subunit vaccine. ..
- May F, Clark D, Pham K, Diviney S, Williams D, Field E, et al. Genetic divergence among members of the Kokobera group of flaviviruses supports their separation into distinct species. J Gen Virol. 2013;94:1462-7 pubmed publisher..In this context, our recent detection of KOKV group-specific antibodies in horses in the field suggests that these viruses should be considered in the epidemiology of flavivirus encephalitis in Australia...
- Viel S, MarÃ§ais A, Guimaraes F, Loftus R, Rabilloud J, Grau M, et al. TGF-Î² inhibits the activation and functions of NK cells by repressing the mTOR pathway. Sci Signal. 2016;9:ra19 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we propose that boosting the metabolic activity of antitumor lymphocytes could be an effective strategy to promote immune-mediated tumor suppression. ..
- Toloczko A, Guo F, Yuen H, Wen Q, Wood S, Ong Y, et al. Deubiquitinating Enzyme USP9X Suppresses Tumor Growth via LATS Kinase and Core Components of the Hippo Pathway. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4921-4933 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results strongly indicate that USP9X potentiates LATS kinase to suppress tumor growth. Cancer Res; 77(18); 4921-33. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Doran M, Frith J, Prowse A, Fitzpatrick J, Wolvetang E, Munro T, et al. Defined high protein content surfaces for stem cell culture. Biomaterials. 2010;31:5137-42 pubmed publisher..This simple and scalable method is shown to enable the development of defined stem cell culture conditions, as well as the elucidation of the fundamental biological processes necessary for the realization of stem cell based therapies. ..
- Gannon O, Merida de Long L, Endo Munoz L, Hazar Rethinam M, Saunders N. Dysregulation of the repressive H3K27 trimethylation mark in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma contributes to dysregulated squamous differentiation. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:428-41 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that aberrant differentiation in HNSCC may be attributed to epigenetic dysregulation and suggest that inhibition of PRC2-mediated gene repression may represent a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Dottori M, Hartley L, Galea M, Paxinos G, Polizzotto M, Kilpatrick T, et al. EphA4 (Sek1) receptor tyrosine kinase is required for the development of the corticospinal tract. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:13248-53 pubmed..These results demonstrate a critical role for EphA4 in establishing the corticospinal projection. ..
- Beckham S, Boyd S, Reynolds S, Willis C, Johnstone M, Mika A, et al. Characterization of a serine protease homologous to house dust mite group 3 allergens from the scabies mite Sarcoptes scabiei. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:34413-22 pubmed publisher..This is the first report elucidating the substrate specificity of Sar s 3 and its potential role in scabies mite biology. ..
- Taing M, Pierson J, Hoang V, Shaw P, Dietzgen R, Gidley M, et al. Mango fruit peel and flesh extracts affect adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells. Food Funct. 2012;3:828-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that differences in the phytochemical composition between mango cultivars may influence their effectiveness in inhibiting adipogenesis, and points to mango fruit peel as a potential source of nutraceuticals. ..
- Anangi R, Koshy S, Huq R, Beeton C, Chuang W, King G. Recombinant expression of margatoxin and agitoxin-2 in Pichia pastoris: an efficient method for production of KV1.3 channel blockers. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52965 pubmed publisher..3 and it failed to inhibit T-lymphocyte proliferation. Thus, the approach described here provides an efficient method of producing toxin mutants with a view to engineering K(v)1.3 blockers with therapeutic potential. ..
- Martin S, Okano S, Kistler C, Fernandez Rojo M, Hill M, Parton R. Spatiotemporal regulation of early lipolytic signaling in adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:32097-107 pubmed publisher..These results describe the remarkably rapid, sequential phosphorylation of specific serine residues in HSL at spatially distinct intracellular locales, providing new insight into the complex regulation of lipolysis. ..
- Dawson P, Choyce A, Chuang C, Whitelock J, Markovich D, Leggatt G. Enhanced tumor growth in the NaS1 sulfate transporter null mouse. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:369-73 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the importance of blood sulfate levels as a possible modulator of tumor growth, and could lead to future cancer studies in humans with altered sulfate homeostasis. ..