Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in New South Wales, Australia
Locale: New South Wales, Australia
Publications146 found, 100 shown here
- Jamieson C, Sharma M, Henderson B. Regulation of ?-catenin nuclear dynamics by GSK-3? involves a LEF-1 positive feedback loop. Traffic. 2011;12:983-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, Wnt stimulation triggered a LEF-1 positive feedback loop to enhance the nuclear chromatin-retained pool of ?-catenin by 100-300%. These findings shed new light on regulation of ?-catenin nuclear dynamics. ..
- Hao J, Madigan M, Khatri A, Power C, Hung T, Beretov J, et al. In vitro and in vivo prostate cancer metastasis and chemoresistance can be modulated by expression of either CD44 or CD147. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40716 pubmed publisher..Selective targeting of CD44/CD147 alone or combined with DTX may limit CaP metastasis and increase chemosensitivity, with promise for future CaP treatment. ..
- Yuen W, Merriman J, O Bryan M, Jones K. DNA double strand breaks but not interstrand crosslinks prevent progress through meiosis in fully grown mouse oocytes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43875 pubmed publisher..The ability of oocytes to tolerate severe ICL damage and yet complete meiosis, means that this type of DNA lesion goes unrepaired in oocytes but impacts on subsequent embryo quality. ..
- Lees J, Ching Y, Adams D, Bach C, Samuel M, Kee A, et al. Tropomyosin regulates cell migration during skin wound healing. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:1330-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal that tropomyosin isoform expression has an important role in temporal regulation of cell migration during wound healing. ..
- Lisowski L, Dane A, Chu K, Zhang Y, Cunningham S, Wilson E, et al. Selection and evaluation of clinically relevant AAV variants in a xenograft liver model. Nature. 2014;506:382-6 pubmed publisher..More importantly, our results suggest that humanized murine models may represent a more precise approach for both selecting and evaluating clinically relevant rAAV serotypes for gene therapeutic applications. ..
- Luo L, Xue J, Kwan A, Gamsjaeger R, Wielens J, von Kleist L, et al. The Binding of Syndapin SH3 Domain to Dynamin Proline-rich Domain Involves Short and Long Distance Elements. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9411-24 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge this is the first example among known SH3 interactions to involve spatially separated and extended long-range elements that combine to provide a higher affinity interaction. ..
- Blair S, Caterson I, Cooney G. Effect of adrenalectomy on glucose tolerance and lipid metabolism in gold-thioglucose obese mice. Am J Physiol. 1994;266:E993-1000 pubmed..0 +/- 0.4 mM; ADX control: 2.9 +/- 0.5 mM; ADX GTG-obese: 3.3 +/- 0.2 mM).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Martin E, Kamath A, Triccas J, Britton W. Protection against virulent Mycobacterium avium infection following DNA vaccination with the 35-kilodalton antigen is accompanied by induction of gamma interferon-secreting CD4(+) T cells. Infect Immun. 2000;68:3090-6 pubmed..These results illustrate the importance of the 35-kDa protein in the protective response to M. avium infection and indicate that DNA vaccination successfully promotes a sustained level of protection during chronic M. avium infection. ..
- Joshi S, Perera S, Gilbert J, Smith C, Mariana A, Gordon C, et al. The dynamin inhibitors MiTMAB and OcTMAB induce cytokinesis failure and inhibit cell proliferation in human cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:1995-2006 pubmed publisher..Thus, MiTMABs have toxicity and antiproliferative properties that preferentially target cancer cells. This suggests that dynII may be a novel target for pharmacologic intervention for the treatment of cancer. ..
- Enriquez A, Leclercq I, Farrell G, Robertson G. Altered expression of hepatic CYP2E1 and CYP4A in obese, diabetic ob/ob mice, and fa/fa Zucker rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;255:300-6 pubmed..Further, they implicate leptin receptor signaling as a factor that may modulate expression of CYP gene products involved in fatty acid oxidation. ..
- Tam P, Khoo P, Wong N, Tsang T, Behringer R. Regionalization of cell fates and cell movement in the endoderm of the mouse gastrula and the impact of loss of Lhx1(Lim1) function. Dev Biol. 2004;274:171-87 pubmed..The inefficient movement of the anterior endoderm, and the abnormal differentiation highlighted by the lack of Sox17 and Foxa2 expression, may underpin the malformation of the head of Lhx1 mutant embryos. ..
- van Dam E, Govers R, James D. Akt activation is required at a late stage of insulin-induced GLUT4 translocation to the plasma membrane. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:1067-77 pubmed
- Galea M, Eleftheriou A, Henderson B. ARM domain-dependent nuclear import of adenomatous polyposis coli protein is stimulated by the B56 alpha subunit of protein phosphatase 2A. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:45833-9 pubmed..We conclude that APC nuclear import is regulated by the ARM domain through its interaction with B56 alpha and postulate that APC/B56 alpha complexes target the dephosphorylation of specific proteins within the nucleus. ..
- McGuire H, Walters S, Vogelzang A, Lee C, Webster K, Sprent J, et al. Interleukin-21 is critically required in autoimmune and allogeneic responses to islet tissue in murine models. Diabetes. 2011;60:867-75 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that therapeutic manipulation of IL-21 may serve as a suitable treatment for patients with type 1 diabetes. ..
- Frost M, Zhang J, Edmonds J, Prow N, Gu X, Davis R, et al. Characterization of virulent West Nile virus Kunjin strain, Australia, 2011. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:792-800 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are needed to determine the relationship of the WNV(NSW2011) strain to currently and previously circulating WNV(KUN) strains and to confirm the cause of the increased virulence of this emerging WNV strain...
- Minten C, Terry R, Deffrasnes C, King N, Campbell I. IFN regulatory factor 8 is a key constitutive determinant of the morphological and molecular properties of microglia in the CNS. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49851 pubmed publisher..We conclude IRF8 is a constitutively produced nuclear factor in resident microglia of the CNS being a crucial transcriptional determinant of the phenotype of these cells in the healthy brain. ..
- Baoutina A, Dean R, Jessup W. Macrophages can decrease the level of cholesteryl ester hydroperoxides in low density lipoprotein. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1635-44 pubmed
- Lin F, Owens W, Chen S, Stevens M, Kesteven S, Arthur J, et al. Targeted alpha(1A)-adrenergic receptor overexpression induces enhanced cardiac contractility but not hypertrophy. Circ Res. 2001;89:343-50 pubmed..To our knowledge, these data provide the first in vivo evidence for an inotropic action of the alpha(1A)-AR. ..
- Qu C, Songl Y, Rizvi S, Li Y, Smith R, Perkins A, et al. In vivo and in vitro inhibition of pancreatic cancer growth by targeted alpha therapy using 213Bi-CHX.A"-C595. Cancer Biol Ther. 2005;4:848-53 pubmed..213Bi-C595 may be a useful agent for the treatment of micrometastatic pancreatic cancer with overexpression of MUC 1 antigen in post-surgical patients with minimal residual disease. ..
- Walsh A, Whelan D, Bielanowicz A, Skinner B, Aitken R, O Bryan M, et al. Identification of the molecular chaperone, heat shock protein 1 (chaperonin 10), in the reproductive tract and in capacitating spermatozoa in the male mouse. Biol Reprod. 2008;78:983-93 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data invite speculation that a number of molecular chaperones are involved in modification of the sperm surface during capacitation to render these cells functionally competent to engage the process of fertilization. ..
- Ke Y, Ke Y, Dramiga J, Schütz U, Kril J, Ittner L, et al. Tau-mediated nuclear depletion and cytoplasmic accumulation of SFPQ in Alzheimer's and Pick's disease. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35678 pubmed publisher..Our findings add SFPQ to a growing list of transcription factors with an altered nucleo-cytoplasmic distribution under neurodegenerative conditions. ..
- Stedman C, Robertson G, Coulter S, Liddle C. Feed-forward regulation of bile acid detoxification by CYP3A4: studies in humanized transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:11336-43 pubmed..However, this up-regulation is not dependent on increases in circulating LCA and the role of other bile acids as regulatory molecules requires further exploration. ..
- Dun M, Smith N, Baker M, Lin M, Aitken R, Nixon B. The chaperonin containing TCP1 complex (CCT/TRiC) is involved in mediating sperm-oocyte interaction. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36875-87 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data provide an important biochemical insight into the molecular basis of sperm-zona pellucida interaction and a plausible explanation for how spermatozoa gain their ability to fertilize. ..
- Marino E, Tan B, Binge L, Mackay C, Grey S. B-cell cross-presentation of autologous antigen precipitates diabetes. Diabetes. 2012;61:2893-905 pubmed publisher..Thus, B cells govern the transition from clinically silent insulitis to frank diabetes by cross-presenting autoantigen to self-reactive CD8? T cells. ..
- Adams D, Beveridge D, van der Weyden L, Mangs H, Leedman P, Morris B. HADHB, HuR, and CP1 bind to the distal 3'-untranslated region of human renin mRNA and differentially modulate renin expression. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44894-903 pubmed..cAMP-mediated increased REN mRNA stability may involve stimulation of HuR and CP1, whereas REN mRNA decay may involve thiolase-dependent pathways. ..
- Butt A, Martin J, Dickson K, McDougall F, Firth S, Baxter R. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 expression is associated with growth stimulation of T47D human breast cancer cells: the role of altered epidermal growth factor signaling. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:1950-6 pubmed
- Thien M, Phan T, Gardam S, Amesbury M, Basten A, Mackay F, et al. Excess BAFF rescues self-reactive B cells from peripheral deletion and allows them to enter forbidden follicular and marginal zone niches. Immunity. 2004;20:785-98 pubmed..This partial subversion of B cell self tolerance is likely to underlie the autoimmunity associated with BAFF overexpression. ..
- Corbett M, Akkari P, Domazetovska A, Cooper S, North K, Laing N, et al. An alphaTropomyosin mutation alters dimer preference in nemaline myopathy. Ann Neurol. 2005;57:42-9 pubmed..We suggest this perturbation of tropomyosin isoform levels and dimer preference alters sarcomeric thin filament dynamics and contributes to muscle weakness in nemaline myopathy...
- Duque G, Huang D, Dion N, Macoritto M, Rivas D, Li W, et al. Interferon-? plays a role in bone formation in vivo and rescues osteoporosis in ovariectomized mice. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:1472-83 pubmed publisher..These data therefore support an important physiologic role for IFN-? signaling as a potential new anabolic therapeutic target for osteoporosis. ..
- Laurent V, Leung B, Maidment N, Balleine B. ?- and ?-opioid-related processes in the accumbens core and shell differentially mediate the influence of reward-guided and stimulus-guided decisions on choice. J Neurosci. 2012;32:1875-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that reward-based and stimulus-based values exert distinct motivational influences on choice that can be doubly dissociated both neuroanatomically and neurochemically at the level of the nucleus accumbens. ..
- Allan C, Haywood M, Swaraj S, Spaliviero J, Koch A, Jimenez M, et al. A novel transgenic model to characterize the specific effects of follicle-stimulating hormone on gonadal physiology in the absence of luteinizing hormone actions. Endocrinology. 2001;142:2213-20 pubmed..Thus, these findings show that the transgenic FSHxhpg mouse provides a unique model for detailed investigations of the definitive in vivo actions of FSH alone. ..
- Kacevska M, Downes M, Sharma R, Evans R, Clarke S, Liddle C, et al. Extrahepatic cancer suppresses nuclear receptor-regulated drug metabolism. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:3170-80 pubmed publisher..These findings could aid the design of intervention strategies to normalize drug clearance and metabolic pathways in cancer patients at risk of chemotherapy-induced toxicity or cancer cachexia. ..
- Napier I, Mohammadi S, Christie M. Glutamate transporter dysfunction associated with nerve injury-induced pain in mice. J Neurophysiol. 2012;107:649-57 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest the development of neuropathic pain involves subtle changes to glutamate transporter expression and function that could contribute to neuropathic pain during excessive synaptic activity. ..
- Smith T, De Iuliis G, Lord T, Aitken R. The senescence-accelerated mouse prone 8 as a model for oxidative stress and impaired DNA repair in the male germ line. Reproduction. 2013;146:253-62 pubmed publisher..001). These data highlight the role of oxidative stress and OGG1-dependent base excision repair mechanisms in defining the genetic integrity of mammalian spermatozoa. ..
- Aumailley L, Warren A, Garand C, Dubois M, Paquet E, Le Couteur D, et al. Vitamin C modulates the metabolic and cytokine profiles, alleviates hepatic endoplasmic reticulum stress, and increases the life span of Gulo-/- mice. Aging (Albany NY). 2016;8:458-83 pubmed
- Claser C, de Souza J, Thorburn S, Grau G, Riley E, Renia L, et al. Host Resistance to Plasmodium-Induced Acute Immune Pathology Is Regulated by Interleukin-10 Receptor Signaling. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..Our findings underscore the importance of IL-10R signaling in preventing T-cell- and cytokine-mediated pathology during potentially lethal malaria infections. ..
- Eamens G. Pathogenicity of field isolates of Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae in mice, rats and pigs. Aust Vet J. 1988;65:280-4 pubmed..Clinical lameness, joint swelling and urticariae were of limited use as indicators of joint changes. The more virulent strains caused lameness as early as 2 days, whereas strains of low virulence took up to 8 weeks...
- Dunwoodie S, Joya J, Arkell R, Hardeman E. Multiple regions of the human cardiac actin gene are necessary for maturation-based expression in striated muscle. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:12212-9 pubmed..We conclude that the human cardiac actin gene contains distinct sequences which confer developmental, tissue-specific, and high level expression. ..
- Singh J, Handelsman D. Neonatal administration of FSH increases Sertoli cell numbers and spermatogenesis in gonadotropin-deficient (hpg) mice. J Endocrinol. 1996;151:37-48 pubmed
- Yi S, Feng X, Hawthorne W, Patel A, Walters S, O Connell P. CD8+ T cells are capable of rejecting pancreatic islet xenografts. Transplantation. 2000;70:896-906 pubmed..The results demonstrate that, in the absence of CD4+ T cells, CD8+ T cells were capable of rejecting both rat and pig pancreatic islet xenografts. ..
- Johnson E, Chieng B, Napier I, Connor M. Decreased mu-opioid receptor signalling and a reduction in calcium current density in sensory neurons from chronically morphine-treated mice. Br J Pharmacol. 2006;148:947-55 pubmed..Thus, adaptations in sensory neurons may mediate some of the tolerance to the antinociceptive effects of morphine that develop during systemic administration. ..
- Lees J, Bach C, Bradbury P, Paul A, Gunning P, O Neill G. The actin-associating protein Tm5NM1 blocks mesenchymal motility without transition to amoeboid motility. Oncogene. 2011;30:1241-51 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that mimicking the action of Tm5NM1 overexpression represents an approach for effectively inhibiting the mesenchymal mode of migration. ..
- El Assaad F, Hempel C, Combes V, Mitchell A, Ball H, Kurtzhals J, et al. Differential microRNA expression in experimental cerebral and noncerebral malaria. Infect Immun. 2011;79:2379-84 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that in the CBA mouse at least, miRNA may have a regulatory role in the pathogenesis of severe malaria. ..
- Sathasivam P, Bailey A, Crossley M, Byrne J. The role of the coiled-coil motif in interactions mediated by TPD52. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;288:56-61 pubmed..This suggests that the coiled-coil motif is indeed necessary for interactions mediated by D52 proteins, but that C-terminal protein regions facilitate and/or stabilize these interactions. ..
- Kee A, Schevzov G, Nair Shalliker V, Robinson C, Vrhovski B, Ghoddusi M, et al. Sorting of a nonmuscle tropomyosin to a novel cytoskeletal compartment in skeletal muscle results in muscular dystrophy. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:685-96 pubmed..Our findings raise the possibility that mutations in these tropomyosin and these structures may underpin these types of myopathies. ..
- Cleasby M, Reinten T, Cooney G, James D, Kraegen E. Functional studies of Akt isoform specificity in skeletal muscle in vivo; maintained insulin sensitivity despite reduced insulin receptor substrate-1 expression. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:215-28 pubmed..These data indicate distinct roles for Akt-1 and Akt-2 in muscle glucose metabolism and that moderate reductions in IRS-1 expression do not result in the development of insulin resistance in skeletal muscle in vivo. ..
- Gillen C, Courtney H, Schulze K, Rohde M, Wilson M, Timmer A, et al. Opacity factor activity and epithelial cell binding by the serum opacity factor protein of Streptococcus pyogenes are functionally discrete. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:6359-66 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that while the N terminus of SOF does not directly mediate intracellular uptake by epithelial cells, this domain enhances epithelial cell uptake mediated by full-length SOF, in comparison to the FnBD alone. ..
- Roberts K, Smith A, McDougall F, Carpenter H, Horan M, Neviani P, et al. Essential requirement for PP2A inhibition by the oncogenic receptor c-KIT suggests PP2A reactivation as a strategy to treat c-KIT+ cancers. Cancer Res. 2010;70:5438-47 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that PP2A inhibition is essential for c-KIT-mediated tumorigenesis, and that reactivating PP2A may offer an attractive strategy to treat drug-resistant c-KIT(+) cancers...
- Miu J, Mitchell A, Müller M, Carter S, Manders P, McQuillan J, et al. Chemokine gene expression during fatal murine cerebral malaria and protection due to CXCR3 deficiency. J Immunol. 2008;180:1217-30 pubmed..These data suggest a role for CXCR3 in the pathogenesis of FMCM through the recruitment and activation of pathogenic CD8+ T cells...
- Stapelberg M, Williams R, Byrne S, Halliday G. The alternative complement pathway seems to be a UVA sensor that leads to systemic immunosuppression. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:2694-701 pubmed publisher..Our study has identified activation of the alternative complement pathway as a trigger of UVA-induced systemic immunosuppression and suggests that this pathway is likely to be an important sensor of UVA-induced damage to the skin. ..
- Cameron M, Suaning G, Lovell N, Morley J. Electrical stimulation of inner retinal neurons in wild-type and retinally degenerate (rd/rd) mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68882 pubmed publisher..This confounding oscillation may significantly reduce the efficacy of electrical stimulation of the degenerate retina, and a greater understanding of its origin will potentially enable it to be dampened or eliminated. ..
- Hailstones D, Gunning P. Characterization of human myosin light chains 1sa and 3nm: implications for isoform evolution and function. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:1095-104 pubmed..We concluded that all alkali myosin light-chain isoforms may be functionally different. ..
- Harvey R, Lai D, Elliott D, Biben C, Solloway M, Prall O, et al. Homeodomain factor Nkx2-5 in heart development and disease. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2002;67:107-14 pubmed
- Preston J, Beagley K, Gibson P, Hansbro P. Genetic background affects susceptibility in nonfatal pneumococcal bronchopneumonia. Eur Respir J. 2004;23:224-31 pubmed..These different susceptibilities result from a greater inflammatory response in BALB/c compared with C57BL/6 mice. ..
- Aktan F, Henness S, Tran V, Duke C, Roufogalis B, Ammit A. Gingerol metabolite and a synthetic analogue Capsarol inhibit macrophage NF-kappaB-mediated iNOS gene expression and enzyme activity. Planta Med. 2006;72:727-34 pubmed
- Arnett Mansfield R, Graham J, Hanson A, Mote P, Gompel A, Scurr L, et al. Focal subnuclear distribution of progesterone receptor is ligand dependent and associated with transcriptional activity. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:14-29 pubmed
- Sharma M, Henderson B. IQ-domain GTPase-activating protein 1 regulates beta-catenin at membrane ruffles and its role in macropinocytosis of N-cadherin and adenomatous polyposis coli. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8545-56 pubmed
- Nangle M, Keast J. Deafferentation and axotomy each cause neurturin-independent upregulation of c-Jun in rodent pelvic ganglia. Exp Neurol. 2009;215:271-80 pubmed publisher..This study revealed mechanisms involved in structural remodelling of pelvic autonomic nerve circuits that may be modulated to improve regenerative processes. ..
- Maslowski K, Vieira A, Ng A, Kranich J, Sierro F, Yu D, et al. Regulation of inflammatory responses by gut microbiota and chemoattractant receptor GPR43. Nature. 2009;461:1282-6 pubmed publisher..GPR43 binding of SCFAs potentially provides a molecular link between diet, gastrointestinal bacterial metabolism, and immune and inflammatory responses. ..
- Liu S, Sammons V, Fairhall J, Reddy R, Tu J, Duong T, et al. Molecular responses of brain endothelial cells to radiation in a mouse model. J Clin Neurosci. 2012;19:1154-8 pubmed publisher..These results contribute to a greater understanding of the proinflammatory and thrombotic changes caused by irradiating normal brain EC. ..
- Clarke G, Roberts T, Smart Y. Natural killer and natural cytotoxic cells are present at the maternal-fetal interface during murine pregnancy. Immunol Cell Biol. 1994;72:153-60 pubmed..1+ and NC-1.1+ cells, and that the NK-1.1dim and NC-1.1dim cells are very likely to be GMG cells. This is the first report of NC cells in the mouse uterus...
- Semsarian C, Wu M, Ju Y, Marciniec T, Yeoh T, Allen D, et al. Skeletal muscle hypertrophy is mediated by a Ca2+-dependent calcineurin signalling pathway. Nature. 1999;400:576-81 pubmed..We propose that growth-factor-induced skeletal-muscle hypertrophy and changes in myofibre phenotype are mediated by calcium mobilization and are critically regulated by the calcineurin/NF-ATc1 signalling pathway. ..
- Loebel D, O Rourke M, Steiner K, Banyer J, Tam P. Isolation of differentially expressed genes from wild-type and Twist mutant mouse limb buds. Genesis. 2002;33:103-13 pubmed
- Sheahan M, Staiger C, Rose R, McCurdy D. A green fluorescent protein fusion to actin-binding domain 2 of Arabidopsis fimbrin highlights new features of a dynamic actin cytoskeleton in live plant cells. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:3968-78 pubmed..These new observations of the dynamic actin cytoskeleton in plant cells using GFP-fABD2 reveal the value of this probe for future investigations of how actin filaments coordinate cellular processes required for plant development. ..
- Reid A, Lord T, Stanger S, Roman S, McCluskey A, Robinson P, et al. Dynamin regulates specific membrane fusion events necessary for acrosomal exocytosis in mouse spermatozoa. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:37659-72 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our collective data, we propose that dynamin could regulate specific membrane fusion events necessary for acrosomal exocytosis in mouse spermatozoa. ..
- Macia L, Yulyaningsih E, Pangon L, Nguyen A, Lin S, Shi Y, et al. Neuropeptide Y1 receptor in immune cells regulates inflammation and insulin resistance associated with diet-induced obesity. Diabetes. 2012;61:3228-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, Y1 signaling in hematopoietic-derived cells such as macrophages is critical for the control of inflammation and insulin resistance in obesity. ..
- Pabary R, Singh C, Morales S, Bush A, Alshafi K, Bilton D, et al. Antipseudomonal Bacteriophage Reduces Infective Burden and Inflammatory Response in Murine Lung. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:744-51 pubmed publisher..Bacteriophages are efficacious in reducing both the bacterial load and inflammation in a murine model of P. aeruginosa lung infection. This study provides proof of concept for future clinical trials in patients with CF. ..
- Cantley J, Burchfield J, Pearson G, Schmitz Peiffer C, Leitges M, Biden T. Deletion of PKCepsilon selectively enhances the amplifying pathways of glucose-stimulated insulin secretion via increased lipolysis in mouse beta-cells. Diabetes. 2009;58:1826-34 pubmed publisher..These results further highlight the therapeutic potential of PKCepsilon inhibition to enhance GSIS from the beta-cell under conditions of lipid excess. ..
- McIver S, Stanger S, Santarelli D, Roman S, Nixon B, McLaughlin E. A unique combination of male germ cell miRNAs coordinates gonocyte differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35553 pubmed publisher..These targets converge on the key downstream cell cycle regulator Cyclin D1, indicating that a unique combination of male germ cell miRNAs coordinate the differentiation and maintenance of pluripotency in germ cells. ..
- Liu X, Hwang H, Cao L, Buckland M, Cunningham A, Chen J, et al. Domain-specific gene disruption reveals critical regulation of neuregulin signaling by its cytoplasmic tail. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:13024-9 pubmed
- O Gorman D, Weiss J, Hettiaratchi A, Firth S, Scott C. Insulin-like growth factor-II/mannose 6-phosphate receptor overexpression reduces growth of choriocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo. Endocrinology. 2002;143:4287-94 pubmed..Overall, the findings in this study are consistent with the hypothesis that the IGF-II/M6PR suppresses tumor growth. ..
- Jin X, Chandrakanthan V, Morgan H, O NEILL C. Preimplantation embryo development in the mouse requires the latency of TRP53 expression, which is induced by a ligand-activated PI3 kinase/AKT/MDM2-mediated signaling pathway. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:286-94 pubmed publisher..The study identifies trophic ligand signaling via the activation of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase and AKT as a mechanism resulting in the activation of MDM2...
- Kurosawa M, Arakaki R, Yamada A, Tsunematsu T, Kudo Y, Sprent J, et al. NF-?B2 Controls the Migratory Activity of Memory T Cells by Regulating Expression of CXCR4 in a Mouse Model of Sjögren's Syndrome. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:2193-2202 pubmed publisher..This suggests that these signaling pathways are potential therapeutic targets for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. ..
- Sant M, Lyons S, Phillips L, Christopherson R. Antifolates induce inhibition of amido phosphoribosyltransferase in leukemia cells. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:11038-45 pubmed..41 +/- 0.08 microM for interaction with the enzyme-glutamine complex in vitro. Folate-Glu5, MTX-Glu5, PTX, dihydrotriazine benzenesulfonyl fluoride, and AICAR also inhibit amido phosphoribosyltransferase. ..
- Saunders B, Cooper A. Restraining mycobacteria: role of granulomas in mycobacterial infections. Immunol Cell Biol. 2000;78:334-41 pubmed..In the present review, the principal components of the protective response are outlined and the role of granuloma formation and maintenance in mediating prolonged containment of mycobacteria within the lung is addressed...
- Ousman S, Wang J, Campbell I. Differential regulation of interferon regulatory factor (IRF)-7 and IRF-9 gene expression in the central nervous system during viral infection. J Virol. 2005;79:7514-27 pubmed
- Wozniak T, Ryan A, Britton W. Interleukin-23 restores immunity to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in IL-12p40-deficient mice and is not required for the development of IL-17-secreting T cell responses. J Immunol. 2006;177:8684-92 pubmed..Therefore, exogenous IL-23 can complement IL-12 deficiency for the initial expansion of Ag-specific T cells and is not essential for the development of potentially protective IL-17-secreting T cells. ..
- Schevzov G, Fath T, Vrhovski B, Vlahovich N, Rajan S, Hook J, et al. Divergent regulation of the sarcomere and the cytoskeleton. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:275-83 pubmed..Moreover, we show that overexpression of a cytoskeletal Tm drives the amount of filamentous actin. ..
- Long L, Chesworth R, Huang X, Wong A, Spiro A, McGregor I, et al. Distinct neurobehavioural effects of cannabidiol in transmembrane domain neuregulin 1 mutant mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34129 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that Nrg1 modulates acute and long-term neurobehavioural effects of CBD, which does not reverse the schizophrenia-relevant phenotypes. ..
- Nixon B, Stanger S, Nixon B, Roman S. Chronic exposure to acrylamide induces DNA damage in male germ cells of mice. Toxicol Sci. 2012;129:135-45 pubmed publisher..01 µg/ml (0.001 mg/kg bodyweight/day). The results of this study are the first to demonstrate that chronic exposure to acrylamide, at doses equivalent to human exposures, generates DNA damage in male germ cells of mice...
- Mitchell A, Yau B, McQuillan J, Ball H, Too L, Abtin A, et al. Inflammasome-dependent IFN-? drives pathogenesis in Streptococcus pneumoniae meningitis. J Immunol. 2012;189:4970-80 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that inflammasome-dependent IFN-? contributes via multiple pathways to pathology during S. pneumoniae meningitis. ..
- Mudaliar H, Pollock C, Komala M, Chadban S, Wu H, Panchapakesan U. The role of Toll-like receptor proteins (TLR) 2 and 4 in mediating inflammation in proximal tubules. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;305:F143-54 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggest that TLR2 is likely to be the predominant long-term mediator of NF-?B activation in transducing inflammation in diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Marks J, Waite K, Cameron Smith D, Blair S, Cooney G. Effects of gold thioglucose on neuropeptide Y messenger RNA levels in the mouse hypothalamus. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:R1208-14 pubmed
- Darby K, Eyre H, Lapsys N, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Couzens M, et al. Assignment of the Y4 receptor gene (PPYR1) to human chromosome 10q11.2 and mouse chromosome 14. Genomics. 1997;46:513-5 pubmed..The human Y4 subtype is most closely related to the Y1-receptor subtype (42%), suggesting that it evolved from an ancestral Y1-like receptor via an RNA-mediated transpositional event. ..
- Firth S, Baxter R. Cellular actions of the insulin-like growth factor binding proteins. Endocr Rev. 2002;23:824-54 pubmed..Because IGFBPs regulate cell functions by diverse mechanisms, manipulation of IGFBP-regulated pathways is speculated to offer therapeutic opportunities in cancer and other diseases. ..