Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Victoria, Australia
Locale: Victoria, Australia
Publications664 found, 100 shown here
- Chawla N, Messer L, Silva M. Clinical studies on molar-incisor-hypomineralisation part 2: development of a severity index. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2008;9:191-9 pubmed..Further clinical studies are indicated to validate the proposed index and confirm its prognostic value in treatment planning. ..
- Peinert S, Prince H, Guru P, Kershaw M, Smyth M, Trapani J, et al. Gene-modified T cells as immunotherapy for multiple myeloma and acute myeloid leukemia expressing the Lewis Y antigen. Gene Ther. 2010;17:678-86 pubmed publisher..Consequently, we plan to use T cells manufactured under Good Manufacturing Practice conditions in a phase I immunotherapy study for patients with Le(Y)-positive myeloma or AML. ..
- Kamphuis M, Johnston A, Such G, Dam H, Evans R, Scott A, et al. Targeting of cancer cells using click-functionalized polymer capsules. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:15881-3 pubmed publisher..1% of the total cell population. This precise targeting offers promise for drug delivery applications. ..
- McColl G, Roberts B, Pukala T, Kenche V, Roberts C, Link C, et al. Utility of an improved model of amyloid-beta (A?????) toxicity in Caenorhabditis elegans for drug screening for Alzheimer's disease. Mol Neurodegener. 2012;7:57 pubmed publisher..elegans. This C. elegans model of full length Aß???? expression can now be adopted for use in screens to rapidly identify and assist in development of potential therapeutics and to study underlying toxic mechanism(s) of Aß. ..
- Elias A, Chathanchirayil S, Bhat R, Prudic J. Maintenance electroconvulsive therapy up to 12 years. J Affect Disord. 2014;156:228-31 pubmed publisher..In a naturalistic setting the efficacy of m-ECT may extend over several years while cognitive functions remain largely unaffected. ..
- Kauffman S, Gare A. Beyond Descartes and Newton: Recovering life and humanity. Prog Biophys Mol Biol. 2015;119:219-44 pubmed publisher..Implications for patterns in evolution include historical reconstruction, and statistical laws such as the distribution of extinction events, or species per genus, and the use of formal cause, not efficient cause, laws. ..
- Katz D, Friedman N, Ostrovski E, Ravid D, Amrami N, Avivi D, et al. Diabetic foot infection in hospitalized adults. J Infect Chemother. 2016;22:167-73 pubmed publisher..MDROs and anaerobic organisms are common causative pathogens, and appropriate antibiotics were frequently delayed. HBO treatment may delay the need for limb amputation, but not obviate this eventual outcome. ..
- Wang F, Zhang Y, Xue H, Han W, Yang X, Jin Z, et al. Combined use of iterative reconstruction and monochromatic imaging in spinal fusion CT images. Acta Radiol. 2017;58:62-69 pubmed..001). Combined use of ASIR and GSI decreased image noise and improved image quality in post-spinal fusion CT scans. Optimal results were achieved with ASIR levels â‰¥70%. ..
- Waris S, García Mauriño S, Sivakumaran A, Beckham S, Loughlin F, Gorospe M, et al. TIA-1 RRM23 binding and recognition of target oligonucleotides. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:4944-4957 pubmed publisher..Together our data support a specific mode of TIA-1 RRM23 interaction with target oligonucleotides consistent with the role of TIA-1 in binding RNA to regulate gene expression. ..
- Scarlett J, Read H, O Dea K. Protein-bound cobalamin absorption declines in the elderly. Am J Hematol. 1992;39:79-83 pubmed..The performance of such tests should be evaluated in different age groups before application in diagnosis. ..
- Cebon J, Nicola N, Ward M, Gardner I, Dempsey P, Layton J, et al. Granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor from human lymphocytes. The effect of glycosylation on receptor binding and biological activity. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:4483-91 pubmed..coli (KD = 30 pM). These differences are due to differences in the kinetic association rate. ..
- Tiganis T, Kemp B, Tonks N. The protein-tyrosine phosphatase TCPTP regulates epidermal growth factor receptor-mediated and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent signaling. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:27768-75 pubmed..Thus, TC45 may serve as a negative regulator of growth factor or integrin-induced, EGF receptor-mediated PI 3-kinase signaling. ..
- Albiston A, McDowall S, Matsacos D, Sim P, Clune E, Mustafa T, et al. Evidence that the angiotensin IV (AT(4)) receptor is the enzyme insulin-regulated aminopeptidase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:48623-6 pubmed..We have therefore demonstrated that the AT(4) receptor is IRAP and propose that AT(4) receptor ligands may exert their effects by inhibiting the catalytic activity of IRAP thereby extending the half-life of its neuropeptide substrates. ..
- Gabbe B, Finch C. A profile of Australian football injuries presenting to sports medicine clinics. J Sci Med Sport. 2001;4:386-95 pubmed..In conclusion, sports medicine clinics treat a wide variety of football injuries and appear to be a good source of data about injuries to non-elite participants. ..
- Shortman K, Liu Y. Mouse and human dendritic cell subtypes. Nat Rev Immunol. 2002;2:151-61 pubmed..Therefore, we must study the dynamics of the DC network in response to microbial invasion. Despite the difficulty of comparing the DC systems of humans and mice, recent work has revealed much common ground. ..
- Krum H, Skiba M, Gilbert R. Comparative metabolic effects of hydrochlorothiazide and indapamide in hypertensive diabetic patients receiving ACE inhibitor therapy. Diabet Med. 2003;20:708-12 pubmed..5 mg/day. ..
- Stacker S, Hughes R, Achen M. Molecular targeting of lymphatics for therapy. Curr Pharm Des. 2004;10:65-74 pubmed..Modulating these pathways and other molecules with specificity to the lymphatic system could offer alternative treatments for a number of important clinical conditions. ..
- Chen C, Hooper C, Chiu D, Chamberlain M, Karia N, Heriot W. Management of submacular hemorrhage with intravitreal injection of tissue plasminogen activator and expansile gas. Retina. 2007;27:321-8 pubmed..In this retrospective series, intravitreal injection of tPA and expansile gas was shown to be a safe and effective technique that can improve VA in most eyes with SMH and assist in the diagnosis of the underlying cause. ..
- Kulkarni S, Woollard K, Thomas S, Oxley D, Jackson S. Conversion of platelets from a proaggregatory to a proinflammatory adhesive phenotype: role of PAF in spatially regulating neutrophil adhesion and spreading. Blood. 2007;110:1879-86 pubmed..These studies define for the first time a specific proinflammatory function for annexin A5+ve platelets. Moreover, they demonstrate an important role for platelet-derived PAF in spatially regulating neutrophil adhesion under flow. ..
- Tran H, Fink M, Crameri J, Cullinane F. Congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation: monitoring the antenatal and short-term neonatal outcome. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2008;48:462-6 pubmed publisher..The pregnancy should initially be managed at a tertiary centre with serial ultrasound. Asymptomatic babies should have a postnatal CT even if the CCAM appears to have resolved or decreased on antenatal ultrasound. ..
- Busuttil R, Boussioutas A. Intestinal metaplasia: a premalignant lesion involved in gastric carcinogenesis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24:193-201 pubmed publisher..It also reviews the issue of surveillance of patients with IM in order to attempt to reduce the significant mortality of gastric cancer by detection of earlier stages of disease which are eminently treatable...
- Gargett C, Schwab K, Zillwood R, Nguyen H, Wu D. Isolation and culture of epithelial progenitors and mesenchymal stem cells from human endometrium. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:1136-45 pubmed publisher..Human endometrium may provide a readily available source of MSCs for cell-based therapies. ..
- Shea T, Tennant A, Pallant J. Rasch model analysis of the Depression, Anxiety and Stress Scales (DASS). BMC Psychiatry. 2009;9:21 pubmed publisher..The further use of Rasch analysis on the DASS-21 in larger and broader samples is recommended to confirm the findings of the current study. ..
- Sheedy J, Wettenhall R, Scanlon D, Gooley P, Lewis D, McGregor N, et al. Increased d-lactic Acid intestinal bacteria in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. In Vivo. 2009;23:621-8 pubmed..Given the fact that this might explain not only neurocognitive dysfunction in CFS patients but also mitochondrial dysfunction, these findings may have important clinical implications. ..
- Macintyre G, Bailey J, Haviv I, Kowalczyk A. is-rSNP: a novel technique for in silico regulatory SNP detection. Bioinformatics. 2010;26:i524-30 pubmed publisher..This is a useful and important tool in the interpretation of GWAS. is-rSNP software is available for use at: www.genomics.csse.unimelb.edu.au/is-rSNP. ..
- Campbell D. Vaccination against high blood pressure. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:1005-10 pubmed..Thus, the role of vaccination against renin angiotensin system components in hypertension management remains to be established. ..
- Bruggink L, Oluwatoyin O, Sameer R, Witlox K, Marshall J. Molecular and epidemiological features of gastroenteritis outbreaks involving genogroup I norovirus in Victoria, Australia, 2002-2010. J Med Virol. 2012;84:1437-48 pubmed publisher..GI.2/GI.2, GI.2/GI.6, and GI.4/GI.4 strains tended to undergo periodic shifts in nucleotide sequence whereas various GI.3b/GI.3 strains tended to circulate simultaneously...
- Norton Old K, Schache A, Barker P, Clark R, Harrison S, Briggs C. Anatomical and mechanical relationship between the proximal attachment of adductor longus and the distal rectus sheath. Clin Anat. 2013;26:522-30 pubmed publisher..This anatomical relationship may be a relevant factor in explaining the apparent vulnerability of the AL and rectus abdominis attachments to injury...
- Biesiekierski J, Peters S, Newnham E, Rosella O, Muir J, Gibson P. No effects of gluten in patients with self-reported non-celiac gluten sensitivity after dietary reduction of fermentable, poorly absorbed, short-chain carbohydrates. Gastroenterology. 2013;145:320-8.e1-3 pubmed publisher..An order effect was observed. In a placebo-controlled, cross-over rechallenge study, we found no evidence of specific or dose-dependent effects of gluten in patients with NCGS placed diets low in FODMAPs. ..
- Kennedy A, Mellor D, McCabe M, Ricciardelli L, Brumby S, Head A, et al. Training and experience of nurses in responding to alcohol misuse in rural communities. Public Health Nurs. 2013;30:332-42 pubmed publisher..The AITP is an effective training program. It can be further tailored to meet common needs of rural and remote nurses working with farmers who misuse alcohol, while recognizing diversity in rural practice. ..
- Tai J, Molloy E, Haines T, Canny B. Same-level peer-assisted learning in medical clinical placements: a narrative systematic review. Med Educ. 2016;50:469-84 pubmed publisher..Benefits for patients and educators were poorly characterised within the included studies. Future work should evaluate the use of PAL with regards to student, clinician educator and patient outcomes. ..
- Witkowski M, Hu Y, Roberts K, Boer J, McKenzie M, Liu G, et al. Conserved IKAROS-regulated genes associated with B-progenitor acute lymphoblastic leukemia outcome. J Exp Med. 2017;214:773-791 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IKZF1 alterations in B-ALL leads to induction of multiple genes associated with proliferation and treatment resistance, identifying potential new therapeutic targets for high-risk disease. ..
- Lafleur M, Drew A, de Sousa E, Blick T, Bills M, Walker E, et al. Upregulation of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in breast cancer xenografts: a major induction of stromal MMP-13. Int J Cancer. 2005;114:544-54 pubmed..These xenografts are a valuable means for examining in vivo production of MMPs and suggest that MMP-13 and MT1-MMP will be relevant targets for inhibiting breast cancer progression. ..
- Chappel R, Goris M, Palmer M, Hartskeerl R. Impact of proficiency testing on results of the microscopic agglutination test for diagnosis of leptospirosis. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:5484-8 pubmed..019) and were significantly more variable (P = 0.001). Analysis of these results suggests a positive impact of proficiency testing on the testing performance of the participating laboratories. ..
- Danchin M, Carlin J, Devenish W, Nolan T, Carapetis J. New normal ranges of antistreptolysin O and antideoxyribonuclease B titres for Australian children. J Paediatr Child Health. 2005;41:583-6 pubmed..68) and 320 (2.51). The ULN for ADB titres in each age group was 100 (2.00 log units), 400 (2.60) and 380 (2.58). The ASO and ADB ULN values in school-aged children are higher than the current reference ranges suggest. ..
- Pasricha S, Payne M, Canovas D, Pase L, Ngaosuwankul N, Beard S, et al. Cell-type-specific transcriptional profiles of the dimorphic pathogen Penicillium marneffei reflect distinct reproductive, morphological, and environmental demands. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:1997-2014 pubmed publisher..Such classifications have been helpful in linking a given gene of interest to its expression pattern throughout the P. marneffei dimorphic life cycle and its likely role in pathogenicity. ..
- McKay G, Goldie P, Payne W, Oakes B, Watson L. A prospective study of injuries in basketball: a total profile and comparison by gender and standard of competition. J Sci Med Sport. 2001;4:196-211 pubmed..05). The severity of the injury incurred was not related to the standard of competition, gender, age, height, number of games played per week, amount of training undertaken, type of injury, or the mechanism of injury (p> .05). ..
- Lappas M, Permezel M, Georgiou H, Rice G. Nuclear factor kappa B regulation of proinflammatory cytokines in human gestational tissues in vitro. Biol Reprod. 2002;67:668-73 pubmed..The control of NF-kappaB activation may therefore provide an alternative therapeutic strategy for reducing the release of proinflammatory mediators in infection associated preterm labor. ..
- Khamly K, Jefford M, Michael M, Zalcberg J. Beyond 5-fluorouracil: new horizons in systemic therapy for advanced colorectal cancer. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2005;14:607-28 pubmed..This paper reviews these and other advances in the care of patients with advanced colorectal cancer and discusses a number of agents that are currently under development. ..
- Bugeja L, Franklin R. Drowning deaths of zero- to five-year-old children in Victorian dams, 1989-2001. Aust J Rural Health. 2005;13:300-8 pubmed..The results support the implementation of strategies such as the promotion of child safe play areas and targeted public awareness campaigns for rural and regional aquatic environments. ..
- Hanna F, Bell R, Cicuttini F, Davison S, Wluka A, Davis S. The relationship between endogenous testosterone, preandrogens, and sex hormone binding globulin and knee joint structure in women at midlife. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2007;37:56-62 pubmed..The observed positive association between SHBG and patella bone volume may reflect a favorable effect of estrogen exposure on patella bone volume. ..
- O Connell H, Eizenberg N, Rahman M, Cleeve J. The anatomy of the distal vagina: towards unity. J Sex Med. 2008;5:1883-91 pubmed publisher..To date, unambiguous, accurate and objective images with appropriate labeling to enhance specificity in communication have been lacking...
- Wickremasinghe S, Ling C, Stawell R, Yeoh J, Hall A, Zamir E. Syphilitic punctate inner retinitis in immunocompetent gay men. Ophthalmology. 2009;116:1195-200 pubmed publisher..To describe the features of an unusual syphilitic uveitis syndrome in a cluster of homosexual patients...
- Chua B, Xie J, Arnold A, Koukouras I, Keeffe J, Taylor H. Glaucoma prevalence in Indigenous Australians. Br J Ophthalmol. 2011;95:926-30 pubmed publisher..The results may suggest a potential introduction of Caucasian glaucoma-associated genes into this community, differently used diagnostic criteria or sampling bias compared with previous surveys. ..
- Shawyer F, Farhall J, MacKinnon A, Trauer T, Sims E, Ratcliff K, et al. A randomised controlled trial of acceptance-based cognitive behavioural therapy for command hallucinations in psychotic disorders. Behav Res Ther. 2012;50:110-21 pubmed publisher..Within-group analyses and comparisons between the combined treatments and waitlist suggested, however, that both treatments were beneficial with a differential pattern of outcomes observed across the two conditions. ..
- Fiore J, Bialocerkowski A, Browning L, Faragher I, Denehy L. Criteria to determine readiness for hospital discharge following colorectal surgery: an international consensus using the Delphi technique. Dis Colon Rectum. 2012;55:416-23 pubmed publisher..We recommend that these criteria be used in clinical practice to guide decisions regarding patient discharge and applied in future research to increase the comparability of study results. ..
- Smeets M, Mackenzie Kludas C, Mohtashami M, Zhang H, Zuniga Pflucker J, Izon D. Removal of myeloid cytokines from the cellular environment enhances T-cell development in vitro. Int Immunol. 2013;25:589-99 pubmed publisher..These T-cell precursors could be used for treating immunodeficient patients. ..
- Yeoh S, Ibrahim R, Oxley J, Hamid T, Rashid S. Development of a valid measurement instrument to understand self-regulatory driving practices among older drivers in Malaysia. Accid Anal Prev. 2016;92:1-8 pubmed publisher..Results revealed that the final 12-item SRDP scale (?=0.81) consists of four subscales that are planning, avoidance, reduction and alternatives. Suggestions for future research are also recommended. ..
- Nyström C, Sandin S, Henriksson P, Henriksson H, Trolle Lagerros Y, Larsson C, et al. Mobile-based intervention intended to stop obesity in preschool-aged children: the MINISTOP randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;105:1327-1335 pubmed publisher..Further studies targeting specific obesity classes within preschool-aged children are warranted. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT02021786. ..
- Dale K, Tay E, Trauer J, Trevan P, Denholm J. Comparing tuberculosis management under public and private healthcare providers: Victoria, Australia, 2002-2015. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:324 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights the importance of TB programs engaging with private providers, enabling comprehensive data collection that is necessary for thorough and true comparison of TB management and optimisation of care. ..
- Turcotte M, Allard D, Mittal D, Bareche Y, Buisseret L, JosÃ© V, et al. CD73 Promotes Resistance to HER2/ErbB2 Antibody Therapy. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5652-5663 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings establish CD73 in mediating resistance to trastuzumab and provide new insights into how CD73 is regulated in breast cancer. Cancer Res; 77(20); 5652-63. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Guymer R, McNeil R, Cain M, Tomlin B, Allen P, Dip C, et al. Analysis of the Arg345Trp disease-associated allele of the EFEMP1 gene in individuals with early onset drusen or familial age-related macular degeneration. Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2002;30:419-23 pubmed..The genetic mechanisms involved in the heterogeneous group of early onset drusen remain to be elucidated but should lead to insights into the genetic causes of macular diseases. ..
- Liley D, Cadusch P, Gray M, Nathan P. Drug-induced modification of the system properties associated with spontaneous human electroencephalographic activity. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2003;68:051906 pubmed..Therefore physiologically specified fixed order ARMA modeling is expected to become an important tool for the systematic investigation and modeling of a wide range of cortically acting compounds. ..
- Hu Y, Zhou H, Myers D, Quinn J, Atkins G, Ly C, et al. Isolation of a human homolog of osteoclast inhibitory lectin that inhibits the formation and function of osteoclasts. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19:89-99 pubmed..Thus, a human homolog of OCIL exists that is highly conserved with mOCIL in its primary amino acid sequence (C-lectin domain), genomic structure, and activity to inhibit osteoclastogenesis. ..
- Chibo D, Birch C. Analysis of human coronavirus 229E spike and nucleoprotein genes demonstrates genetic drift between chronologically distinct strains. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:1203-8 pubmed..Phylogenetic analysis showed clustering of the isolates into four groups, with evidence of increasing divergence with time. Evidence of positive selection in the S gene was also established. ..
- Brennan C, Routley V, Ozanne Smith J. Motor vehicle exhaust gas suicide in Victoria, Australia 1998-2002. Crisis. 2006;27:119-24 pubmed..Based on international experience and the age of the Victorian vehicle fleet, it may take well over a decade until substantial decreases in MVEGS are observed in the absence of active preventive measures. ..
- Murray P, Stewart M. Use of nasal continuous positive airway pressure during retrieval of neonates with acute respiratory distress. Pediatrics. 2008;121:e754-8 pubmed publisher..Air transport is feasible but larger studies are required to assess safety. ..
- Sarant J, Holt C, Dowell R, Rickards F, Blamey P. Spoken language development in oral preschool children with permanent childhood deafness. J Deaf Stud Deaf Educ. 2009;14:205-17 pubmed publisher..Further work may clarify the effects of early diagnosis on language outcomes for preschool children. ..
- Yau W, Owen R, Poudyal A, Bell J, Turnidge J, Yu H, et al. Colistin hetero-resistance in multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii clinical isolates from the Western Pacific region in the SENTRY antimicrobial surveillance programme. J Infect. 2009;58:138-44 pubmed publisher..Hetero-resistance in this group of A. baumannii isolates was less common than in previous studies. Nevertheless, care is required with colistin monotherapy for A. baumannii infections. ..
- Cheng C, Tennant S, Azzopardi K, Bennett Wood V, Hartland E, Robins Browne R, et al. Contribution of the pst-phoU operon to cell adherence by atypical enteropathogenic Escherichia coli and virulence of Citrobacter rodentium. Infect Immun. 2009;77:1936-44 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Pst contributes to the virulence of atypical EPEC and C. rodentium, probably by causing increased expression of an unidentified, Pho-regulated adhesin...
- Gibney K, Mihrshahi S, Torresi J, Marshall C, Leder K, Biggs B. The profile of health problems in African immigrants attending an infectious disease unit in Melbourne, Australia. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2009;80:805-11 pubmed..Clinicians need to be aware of these conditions to meet the health needs of this group. Comprehensive health checks should be encouraged for new arrivals, particularly from high-risk areas. ..
- O Driscoll D, Foster A, Ng M, Yang J, Bashir F, Nixon G, et al. Acute cardiovascular changes with obstructive events in children with sleep disordered breathing. Sleep. 2009;32:1265-71 pubmed..These acute cardiovascular changes may have important implications for poor cardiovascular outcome in children with OSA as repetitive cardiovascular perturbations may contribute to the development of hypertension. ..
- Pearce D, Dowling K, Gerson A, Sim M, Sutton S, Newville M, et al. Arsenic microdistribution and speciation in toenail clippings of children living in a historic gold mining area. Sci Total Environ. 2010;408:2590-9 pubmed publisher..Future studies are required to ascertain if adverse health effects are associated with current levels of arsenic uptake. ..
- Staples M, Kallmes D, Comstock B, Jarvik J, Osborne R, Heagerty P, et al. Effectiveness of vertebroplasty using individual patient data from two randomised placebo controlled trials: meta-analysis. BMJ. 2011;343:d3952 pubmed publisher..These results do not support the hypothesis that selected subgroups would benefit from vertebroplasty. ..
- Kearney L, Lu K, Ord M, Patel S, Profitis K, Matalanis G, et al. Global longitudinal strain is a strong independent predictor of all-cause mortality in patients with aortic stenosis. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012;13:827-33 pubmed publisher..Incorporation of GLS into risk models may improve the identification of the optimal timing for AV replacement. ..
- Grimes C, Riddell L, Campbell K, Nowson C. Dietary salt intake, sugar-sweetened beverage consumption, and obesity risk. Pediatrics. 2013;131:14-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, SSB consumption was associated with obesity risk. In addition to the known benefits of lowering blood pressure, salt reduction strategies may be useful in childhood obesity prevention efforts. ..
- Spelman L, Rubel D, Murrell D, See J, Hewitt D, Foley P, et al. Treatment of face and scalp solar (actinic) keratosis with daylight-mediated photodynamic therapy is possible throughout the year in Australia: Evidence from a clinical and meteorological study. Australas J Dermatol. 2016;57:24-8 pubmed publisher
- Do M, Byrne L, Pearce A. Examining the feasibility and tolerability of a clinically informed multisite, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation protocol. J Neurosci Methods. 2016;258:24-7 pubmed publisher..Such findings can be used to inform the development of rTMS protocols involving multi-site stimulation for OCD. ..
- Cocciante A, Nguyen M, Marane C, Panayiotou A, Karahalios A, Beer J, et al. Simulation Testing for Selection of Critical Care Medicine Trainees. A Pilot Feasibility Study. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2016;13:529-35 pubmed publisher..82; P = 0.06). A multistation selection process involving interviews, simulation, and personality testing is feasible and has face validity. A potential barrier to adoption is the high number of faculty required to conduct the process. ..
- Puls K, Ni J, Liu D, Morahan G, Wright M. The molecular characterisation of a novel tetraspanin protein, TM4-B(1). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1447:93-9 pubmed..This molecule is broadly expressed in most human tissues and cell lines including neural and bone marrow derived tissues. TM4-B was mapped to the q34 region on human chromosome 9. ..
- Cook A, Frydenberg M, Haynes J. Protein kinase G activation of K(ATP) channels in human-cultured prostatic stromal cells. Cell Signal. 2002;14:1023-9 pubmed..These data are consistent with the hypothesis that, in human-cultured prostatic stromal cells, PKG inhibits contractility through the activation of K(ATP) channels. ..
- Medcalf R, Stasinopoulos S. The undecided serpin. The ins and outs of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 2. FEBS J. 2005;272:4858-67 pubmed..Despite these recent advances in defining the intracellular function of PAI-2, it still remains one of the most mysterious and enigmatic members of the serpin superfamily. ..
- Berkovic S, Harkin L, McMahon J, Pelekanos J, Zuberi S, Wirrell E, et al. De-novo mutations of the sodium channel gene SCN1A in alleged vaccine encephalopathy: a retrospective study. Lancet Neurol. 2006;5:488-92 pubmed..These findings have important clinical implications for diagnosis and management of encephalopathy and, if confirmed in other cohorts, major societal implications for the general acceptance of vaccination. ..
- Upjohn E, Foley P, Lane P, Magee J, Prince H, McCormack C, et al. Long-term clearance of patch-stage mycosis fungoides with the 308-nm laser. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2007;32:168-71 pubmed..One patient withdrew from the study and one had a partial response. Further research to establish the role of the 308-nm laser in the treatment of MF appears justified. ..
- O Rourke K, Fairley C, Samaranayake A, Collignon P, Hocking J. Trends in Chlamydia positivity over time among women in Melbourne Australia, 2003 to 2007. Sex Transm Dis. 2009;36:763-7 pubmed publisher..One biologically plausible explanation that requires further study is that fewer antibiotics are being prescribed that would inadvertently also treat chlamydia infection. ..
- Ferrao P, Bukczynska E, Johnstone R, McArthur G. Efficacy of CHK inhibitors as single agents in MYC-driven lymphoma cells. Oncogene. 2012;31:1661-72 pubmed publisher..We propose that inhibitors of CHK can act in a synthetically lethal manner in cancers with replication stress as a result of these cancers being reliant on CHK proteins for an effective DDR and cell survival. ..
- Hossain M, Rosengren K, Samuel C, Shabanpoor F, Chan L, Bathgate R, et al. The minimal active structure of human relaxin-2. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:37555-65 pubmed publisher..This minimized core shows similar antifibrotic activity as native H2 relaxin when tested in human BJ3 cells and thus represents an attractive receptor-selective lead for the development of novel relaxin therapeutics. ..
- Prabhakar R, Cramb J, Gehrke C, Anderson J, Andrews J. A study of segment weight optimization with the CMS XiO step-and-shoot IMRT technique for prostate cancer. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2012;13:3622 pubmed publisher..It also resulted in fewer monitor units for most of the prostate cases observed in this study. ..
- O Donnell M, Varker T, Holmes A, Ellen S, Wade D, Creamer M, et al. Disability after injury: the cumulative burden of physical and mental health. J Clin Psychiatry. 2013;74:e137-43 pubmed publisher..Early interventions targeting psychiatric symptoms may play an important role in improving functional outcomes after injury. ..
- Wodkowski M, Hudson M, Proudman S, Walker J, Stevens W, Nikpour M, et al. Monospecific anti-Ro52/TRIM21 antibodies in a tri-nation cohort of 1574 systemic sclerosis subjects: evidence of an association with interstitial lung disease and worse survival. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015;33:S131-5 pubmed..These data provide strong support for the predictive and prognostic value of this serological biomarker in SSc. ..
- Owczarek C, Layton M, Robb L, Nicola N, Begley C. Molecular basis of the soluble and membrane-bound forms of the murine leukemia inhibitory factor receptor alpha-chain. Expression in normal, gestating, and leukemia inhibitory factor nullizygous mice. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:5495-504 pubmed..However, somewhat surprisingly, there was no detectable difference in mLIFR mRNA levels or levels of soluble protein in leukemia inhibitory factor nullizygous mice when compared with normal mice. ..
- Li R, Hartley L, Robb L. Cloning of rat interleukin 11 and interleukin 11 receptor alpha chain and analysis of their expression in rat uterus in the peri-implantation period. Reproduction. 2001;122:593-600 pubmed..Conservation of the temporal and spatial expression of IL-11 and IL-11R alpha in the uterus of the mouse and rat during the peri-implantation period will facilitate future studies investigating the role of IL-11 in fertility. ..
- Montgomery K, Liu M, Eccles D, Campbell I. The DNMT3B C-->T promoter polymorphism and risk of breast cancer in a British population: a case-control study. Breast Cancer Res. 2004;6:R390-4 pubmed..This discrepancy might be an artefact resulting from a chance variation, or it might point to differing influences of promoter hypermethylation in these cancer types. ..
- Donald K, Doherty S, Shun A. Duodenal perforation: an interesting case report. Emerg Med Australas. 2005;17:46-8 pubmed..We describe the difficulties in making the diagnosis of duodenal perforation in children and some of the factors that led to the delay in diagnosis in this case...
- Bradshaw C, Morton A, Garland S, Horvath L, Kuzevska I, Fairley C. Evaluation of a point-of-care test, BVBlue, and clinical and laboratory criteria for diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:1304-8 pubmed