Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in New South Wales, Australia
Locale: New South Wales, Australia
Publications723 found, 100 shown here
- McDonald V, Higgins I, Simpson J, Gibson P. The importance of clinical management problems in older people with COPD and asthma: do patients and physicians agree?. Prim Care Respir J. 2011;20:389-95 pubmed publisher..Self-management skills were not rated as important by patients and this may hinder successful management. Eliciting problems and addressing their importance to treatment goals may improve care in COPD and asthma. ..
- Perry M, Ng C, Vandenberg J. Pore helices play a dynamic role as integrators of domain motion during Kv11.1 channel inactivation gating. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:11482-91 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the pore helices are more than just static structural elements supporting the integrity of the selectivity filter; instead they play a crucial dynamic role during selectivity filter gating. ..
- Gray T, Thomas L, Olma T, Iredell J, Chen S. Rapid identification of Gram-negative organisms from blood culture bottles using a modified extraction method and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2013;77:110-2 pubmed publisher..The MS score was ?1.7 in 268 (91.8%) monomicrobial broths, with concordance to genus and species level of 100% and 97.0%, respectively. MALDI-TOF MS still has limited capacity to detect all species in polymicrobial broths. ..
- King N, Shrestha B, Kesson A. Immune modulation by flaviviruses. Adv Virus Res. 2003;60:121-55 pubmed..This may enable viral growth and immune escape in cycling cells, which do not significantly upregulate cell surface molecules...
- Saunderson R, Yu B, Trent R, Pamphlett R. A polymorphism in the poliovirus receptor gene differs in motor neuron disease. Neuroreport. 2004;15:383-6 pubmed..Differences in the poliovirus receptor gene may result in slowly progressive viral cytopathic effects that lead to lower motor neuron forms of motor neuron disease. ..
- Wand T, Schaecken P. Consumer evaluation of a mental health liaison nurse service in the Emergency Department. Contemp Nurse. 2006;21:14-21 pubmed..Quantitative and qualitative data generated from the study are presented and discussed. The authors share their observations and experiences in conducting the study in order to further develop this avenue of service evaluation. ..
- Dale R, Brilot F. Biomarkers of inflammatory and auto-immune central nervous system disorders. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2010;22:718-25 pubmed publisher..Like many biomarkers in paediatric practice, it is essential to interpret the findings in the context of the patient history and examination. ..
- Puckeridge M, Chapman B, Conigrave A, Kuchel P. Quantitative model of NMR chemical shifts of 23Na+ induced by TmDOTP: applications in studies of Na+ transport in human erythrocytes. J Inorg Biochem. 2012;115:211-9 pubmed publisher..In addition to the model, parameter fitting was achieved by calculating the likelihood distribution of parameters, and seeking the maximum likelihood with a Bayesian type of analysis. ..
- Zee R, Ying L, Morris B, Griffiths L. Association and linkage analyses of restriction fragment length polymorphisms for the human renin and antithrombin III genes in essential hypertension. J Hypertens. 1991;9:825-30 pubmed..For AT3, hypertensive allele frequencies were 0.49 and 0.51 compared with normotensive values of 0.54 and 0.46. These differences were not significant by chi 2 analysis (P greater than 0.2).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Delaney G, Fisher R, Hook C, Barton M. Sucralfate cream in the management of moist desquamation during radiotherapy. Australas Radiol. 1997;41:270-5 pubmed..Given the poor accrual in the present, single-institution study, future studies may need to be multi-institutional and we encourage other centres to perform randomized trials in the management of moist desquamation. ..
- Matthews J, Visvader J. LIM-domain-binding protein 1: a multifunctional cofactor that interacts with diverse proteins. EMBO Rep. 2003;4:1132-7 pubmed
- Naqvi N, Liu K, Graham R, Husain A. Molecular basis of exopeptidase activity in the C-terminal domain of human angiotensin I-converting enzyme: insights into the origins of its exopeptidase activity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6669-75 pubmed..Evolutionary intermediates between endopeptidases and obligate exopeptidases could therefore have been dual specificity proteinases like ACE. ..
- Doggett S, Russell R. Bed bugs - What the GP needs to know. Aust Fam Physician. 2009;38:880-4 pubmed..Symptomatic control involves treatment of the patient with antihistamines and corticosteroids, and ensuring that the infestation responsible for the problem is effectively eliminated. ..
- Thillainadesan J, Schlaphoff G, Gibson K, Hassett G, McNeil H. Long-term outcomes of vertebroplasty for osteoporotic compression fractures. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2010;54:307-14 pubmed publisher..Compared with conservative therapy, vertebroplasty provides significantly greater functional improvement and reduction in analgesic use. The procedure is relatively safe with no clearly increased risk of new vertebral fractures. ..
- Chen X, Kong F, Wang Q, Li C, Zhang J, Gilbert G. Rapid detection of isoniazid, rifampin, and ofloxacin resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis clinical isolates using high-resolution melting analysis. J Clin Microbiol. 2011;49:3450-7 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis which could be used routinely for screening isolates in countries with a high prevalence of tuberculosis and drug resistance or in individual isolates when drug resistance is suspected. ..
- de Bock C, Ardjmand A, Molloy T, Bone S, Johnstone D, Campbell D, et al. The Fat1 cadherin is overexpressed and an independent prognostic factor for survival in paired diagnosis-relapse samples of precursor B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia. 2012;26:918-26 pubmed publisher..The data presented demonstrate that Fat1 expression in preB-ALL has a role in the emergence of relapse and could provide a suitable therapeutic target in high-risk preB-ALL. ..
- Hulf T, Sibbritt T, Wiklund E, Patterson K, Song J, Stirzaker C, et al. Epigenetic-induced repression of microRNA-205 is associated with MED1 activation and a poorer prognosis in localized prostate cancer. Oncogene. 2013;32:2891-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, these results suggest that miR-205 is an epigenetically regulated tumor suppressor that targets MED1 and may provide a potential biomarker in prostate cancer management. ..
- Girgis C, Clifton Bligh R, Hamrick M, Holick M, Gunton J. The roles of vitamin D in skeletal muscle: form, function, and metabolism. Endocr Rev. 2013;34:33-83 pubmed publisher..This is a vibrant field of research and one that continues to extend the frontiers of knowledge of vitamin D's broad functional repertoire. ..
- Stephens N, Vogelnest L, Lowbridge C, Christensen A, Marks G, Sintchenko V, et al. Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from an Asian elephant (Elephas maximus) to a chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes) and humans in an Australian zoo. Epidemiol Infect. 2013;141:1488-97 pubmed publisher..Tuberculosis in an elephant can be transmissible to people in close contact and to other animals more remotely. The mechanism for transmission from elephants requires further investigation. ..
- Gustin S, Peck C, Macey P, Murray G, Henderson L. Unraveling the effects of plasticity and pain on personality. J Pain. 2013;14:1642-52 pubmed publisher..Because our study reveals that trait depression is not correlated to the anatomy of these regions in healthy controls, ongoing pain itself may result in anatomical changes that in turn can alter an individual's personality. ..
- McDermid F, Peters K, Jackson D, Daly J. Conducting qualitative research in the context of pre-existing peer and collegial relationships. Nurse Res. 2014;21:28-33 pubmed publisher..It is imperative that dual roles are declared and acknowledged. Researchers need to be mindful of the difficulties that may occur and prioritise participants' confidentiality and privacy. ..
- Oguoma V, Nwose E, Skinner T, Richards R, Digban K, Onyia I. Association of physical activity with metabolic syndrome in a predominantly rural Nigerian population. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2016;10:13-8 pubmed publisher..However, it seems that metabolic syndrome is not improved by being physically active. This suggests that interventions directed at physical activity alone may not produce optimal efficacy in this study population. ..
- Gottlieb J, Zamora M, Hodges T, Musk A, Sommerwerk U, Dilling D, et al. ALN-RSV01 for prevention of bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome after respiratory syncytial virus infection in lung transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2016;35:213-21 pubmed publisher..There was no significant impact on viral parameters or symptom scores. These results confirm findings of the earlier Phase 2a trial and provide further support that ALN-RSV01 reduces the risk of BOS after RSV in LTx recipients. ..
- O Flynn C, Deusch O, Darling A, Eisen J, Wallis C, Davis I, et al. Comparative Genomics of the Genus Porphyromonas Identifies Adaptations for Heme Synthesis within the Prevalent Canine Oral Species Porphyromonas cangingivalis. Genome Biol Evol. 2015;7:3397-413 pubmed publisher..Other pathway differences such as the ability to synthesize siroheme and vitamin B12 point to enhanced metabolic flexibility for P. cangingivalis, which may underlie its prevalence in the canine oral cavity. ..
- Guimera N, Alemany L, Halec G, Pawlita M, Wain G, Vailén J, et al. Human papillomavirus 16 is an aetiological factor of scrotal cancer. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:1218-1222 pubmed publisher..The dual pathways of oncogenesis and relation between histological type of SCSC and HPV are similar to that in penile cancers. ..
- Seeto L, Lim S. Asthma and COPD. Inhalation therapy--clarity or confusion?. Aust Fam Physician. 2001;30:557-61 pubmed..The cornerstone of good asthma and COPD management is continual clinical reassessment, including inhaler technique. ..
- Maxwell L, Ellis E. The effect of circuit type, volume delivered and "rapid release" on flow rates during manual hyperinflation. Aust J Physiother. 2003;49:31-8 pubmed..Expiratory flow rate was faster for the larger volume. The theoretically optimal I:E ratio to move secretions was achieved delivering the lower target volume with the Mapleson circuits and using rapid release. ..
- Raftos J, Dwarte T, Luty A, Willcock C. Direct measurement of the rate of glutathione synthesis in 1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene treated human erythrocytes. Redox Rep. 2006;11:9-14 pubmed..Application of this direct method for measuring glutathione synthesis will increase understanding of the interactions of effectors that determine glutathione levels in RBCs under various physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Milward E, Kim K, Szklarczyk A, Nguyen T, Melli G, Nayak M, et al. Cleavage of myelin associated glycoprotein by matrix metalloproteinases. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;193:140-8 pubmed..We conclude that MMPs may have the potential both to disrupt MAG dependent axon-glia communication and to generate bioactive fragments that can inhibit neurite growth. ..
- Wang Q, Kong F, Jelfs P, Gilbert G. Extended phage locus typing of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium, using multiplex PCR-based reverse line blot hybridization. J Med Microbiol. 2008;57:827-38 pubmed publisher..Typhimurium phage types. It could be used as an alternative to, or in conjunction with, MLVA for rapid strain typing during outbreaks. ..
- Yeomans N. Overview of 50 years' progress in upper gastrointestinal diseases. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24 Suppl 3:S2-4 pubmed publisher..The story of the development of the histamine H(2)-receptor antagonists and the proton pump inhibitors is also outlined. ..
- Ellis J, Mullan J. Prescription medication borrowing and sharing--risk factors and management. Aust Fam Physician. 2009;38:816-9 pubmed
- Hui C, Salmon L, Maeno S, Roe J, Walsh W, Pinczewski L. Five-year comparison of oxidized zirconium and cobalt-chromium femoral components in total knee arthroplasty: a randomized controlled trial. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011;93:624-30 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to determine if oxidized zirconium femoral components performed better than cobalt-chromium in vivo and if the use of oxidized zirconium components had clinical adverse effects...
- Tzelepis F, Paul C, Walsh R, McElduff P, Knight J. Proactive telephone counseling for smoking cessation: meta-analyses by recruitment channel and methodological quality. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2011;103:922-41 pubmed publisher..Proactive telephone counseling increased prolonged/continuous abstinence long term for both actively and passively recruited smokers. ..
- Lui C, Mills K, Brocardo M, Sharma M, Henderson B. APC as a mobile scaffold: regulation and function at the nucleus, centrosomes, and mitochondria. IUBMB Life. 2012;64:209-14 pubmed publisher..The ability of APC to shuttle between these and other cell locations is hypothesized to be integral to its cellular function. ..
- Craig G, Knight G, McIntyre J. Clinical evaluation of diamine silver fluoride/potassium iodide as a dentine desensitizing agent. A pilot study. Aust Dent J. 2012;57:308-11 pubmed publisher..The aim of the present study was to compare the efficacy of an experimental diamine silver fluoride/potassium iodide product with an oxalic acid-based preparation in reducing dentine hypersensitivity...
- Warhurst S, McCabe P, Madill C. What makes a good voice for radio: perceptions of radio employers and educators. J Voice. 2013;27:217-24 pubmed publisher..The model has implications for the training and management of voice disorders in radio performers and will guide future quantitative research on the vocal features of this population. ..
- Ma M, Robinson P, Chircop M. Sorting nexin 9 recruits clathrin heavy chain to the mitotic spindle for chromosome alignment and segregation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68387 pubmed publisher..Therefore SNX9 and CHC function in the same molecular pathway for chromosome alignment and segregation, which is dependent on their direct association. ..
- Gamsjaeger R, O Connell M, Cubeddu L, Shepherd N, Lowry J, Kwan A, et al. A structural analysis of DNA binding by myelin transcription factor 1 double zinc fingers. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35180-91 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the human and mouse genomes based on our structural data reveals three putative MyT1 target genes involved in neuronal development. ..
- Margaret Roberts J, Jin F, Ekman D, Kay Adams M, Lindsay McDonald R, Kathleen Thurloe J, et al. Is there a role for the thinprep imaging system in reporting anal cytology?. Diagn Cytopathol. 2016;44:384-8 pubmed publisher..Because of the high prevalence of abnormalities, and hence the large proportion of slides needing manual review, the cytologist time-saving would compare unfavorably with use of TIS in cervical screening. ..
- Pecl G, Araujo M, Bell J, Blanchard J, Bonebrake T, Chen I, et al. Biodiversity redistribution under climate change: Impacts on ecosystems and human well-being. Science. 2017;355: pubmed publisher..Consideration of these effects of biodiversity redistribution is critical yet lacking in most mitigation and adaptation strategies, including the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals. ..
- Shafren D, Dorahy D, Ingham R, Burns G, Barry R. Coxsackievirus A21 binds to decay-accelerating factor but requires intercellular adhesion molecule 1 for cell entry. J Virol. 1997;71:4736-43 pubmed..It is therefore suggested that DAF may function as a low-affinity attachment receptor either enhancing viral presentation or providing a viral sequestration site for subsequent high-affinity binding to ICAM-1. ..
- Wang K, Roufogalis B. Ca2+/calmodulin stimulates GTP binding to the ras-related protein ral-A. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:14525-8 pubmed..The present work supports a regulatory role of Ca2+/calmodulin for the activation of Ral-A and suggests a possible direct link between signal transduction pathways of Ca2+/calmodulin and Ral-A proteins. ..
- Lee M, Sippe J. Primary cutaneous nocardiosis. Australas J Dermatol. 1999;40:103-5 pubmed..A 12 week course of oral clarithromycin 500 mg twice daily led to complete resolution. A discussion of the problems associated with antimicrobial susceptibility testing and nocardia resistance is presented. ..
- Boyce P, Gilchrist J, Talley N, Rose D. Cognitive-behaviour therapy as a treatment for irritable bowel syndrome: a pilot study. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2000;34:300-9 pubmed..This supports the proposed cognitive model for IBS, and cognitive-behaviour therapy appears to have its effect by altering the cognitive response to visceral hypersensitivity. ..
- Jennings A, Bilous M, Asimakis P, Maloof A. Mycobacterium tuberculosis presenting as chronic red eye. Cornea. 2006;25:1118-20 pubmed..To report a case of tuberculosis of the conjunctiva...
- Wen L, Baur L, Rissel C, Wardle K, Alperstein G, Simpson J. Early intervention of multiple home visits to prevent childhood obesity in a disadvantaged population: a home-based randomised controlled trial (Healthy Beginnings Trial). BMC Public Health. 2007;7:76 pubmed
- Skropeta D, Settasatian C, McMahon M, Shearston K, Caiazza D, McGrath K, et al. N-Glycosylation regulates endothelial lipase-mediated phospholipid hydrolysis in apoE- and apoA-I-containing high density lipoproteins. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:2047-57 pubmed..These data show that individual N-linked glycans have unique and important effects on the phospholipase activity and substrate specificity of EL. ..
- Jayasinghe U, Bilous A, Boyages J. Is survival from infiltrating lobular carcinoma of the breast different from that of infiltrating ductal carcinoma?. Breast J. 2007;13:479-85 pubmed..There was no prognostic difference between IDC and ILC. The result shows the importance of adjusting for other important clinicopathologic characteristics before comparing the overall survival of IDC and ILC...
- Parr N, Siedlecky S. Use of 'dual protection' and other combinations of contraceptive methods in Australia. Aust N Z J Public Health. 2007;31:567-70 pubmed
- Espedido B, Partridge S, Iredell J. bla(IMP-4) in different genetic contexts in Enterobacteriaceae isolates from Australia. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008;52:2984-7 pubmed publisher..The bla(IMP-4)-qacG2-aacA4-catB3 cassette array was found in isolates from both cities, but in different wider genetic contexts and on different plasmids, suggesting movement of this array by homologous recombination...
- O Toole B, Catts S, Outram S, Pierse K, Cockburn J. The physical and mental health of Australian Vietnam veterans 3 decades after the war and its relation to military service, combat, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Am J Epidemiol. 2009;170:318-30 pubmed publisher..Draftees had better physical health than regular enlistees but no better mental health. Army service and war-related PTSD are associated with risk of illness in later life among Australian Vietnam veterans. ..
- Huschtscha L, Moore J, Noble J, Campbell H, Royds J, Braithwaite A, et al. Normal human mammary epithelial cells proliferate rapidly in the presence of elevated levels of the tumor suppressors p53 and p21(WAF1/CIP1). J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2989-95 pubmed publisher..We propose that the increased levels of p53 in post-selection HMECs are due to the presence of an Mdm2 fragment that binds p53 but does not result in its degradation. ..
- Handley T, Inder K, Kelly B, Attia J, Kay Lambkin F. Urban-rural influences on suicidality: gaps in the existing literature and recommendations for future research. Aust J Rural Health. 2011;19:279-83 pubmed publisher..A number of limitations can be identified in existing research on suicide. Targeting these specific areas can be an important step in addressing the current gaps in knowledge relating to rural suicide prevention. ..
- Ramanan M, Chandran K. Common peroneal nerve decompression. ANZ J Surg. 2011;81:707-12 pubmed..7, 95% CI 1.4–133.5). Patients with foot drop fared significantly better if their duration of symptoms prior to surgery was less than 12 months. ..
- Holt J, Lane S, Jones K. The control of meiotic maturation in mammalian oocytes. Curr Top Dev Biol. 2013;102:207-26 pubmed publisher..This is achieved by APC(CDC20), whose activity is critically regulated by the spindle assembly checkpoint, and which induces both a loss in CDK1 activity as well as the cohesive ties holding chromosomes together. ..
- Monterosso L, Taylor K, Platt V, Lobb E, Krishnasamy M, Musiello T, et al. A qualitative study of the post-treatment experiences and support needs of survivors of lymphoma. Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2017;28:62-68 pubmed publisher..Specialist post-treatment nurse care coordinators working across acute and community settings may offer one effective model of post-treatment support for survivors of haematological malignancies. ..
- Samaras K, Wand H, Law M, Emery S, Cooper D, Carr A. Prevalence of metabolic syndrome in HIV-infected patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy using International Diabetes Foundation and Adult Treatment Panel III criteria: associations with insulin resistance, disturbed body fat compartm. Diabetes Care. 2007;30:113-9 pubmed
- Chow J, Jeffries C, Kwan A, Guss J, Trewhella J. Calmodulin disrupts the structure of the HIV-1 MA protein. J Mol Biol. 2010;400:702-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, CaM binding is expected to impact upon the accessibility of interaction sites within MA that are involved in its various functions. ..
- Smedley A, Morey P, Race P. Enhancing the knowledge, attitudes, and skills of preceptors: an Australian perspective. J Contin Educ Nurs. 2010;41:451-61 pubmed publisher..This increased the RN preceptor's confidence, leading to a more positive attitude toward student nurses and a positive effect on preceptor functioning, enhancing the preceptor's ability to include students more in daily nursing tasks. ..
- Hoile R, Banos C, Colella M, Roux C. Bioterrorism: the effects of biological decontamination on the recovery of electronic evidence. Forensic Sci Int. 2011;209:143-8 pubmed publisher..Gamma irradiation proved damaging to electronic circuitry at levels required to render the items safe. The implications to computer intelligence and forensics will be discussed based on the outcomes of these findings...
- Seale H, Kaur R, MacIntyre C. Understanding Australian healthcare workers' uptake of influenza vaccination: examination of public hospital policies and procedures. BMC Health Serv Res. 2012;12:325 pubmed publisher..Further research needs to be conducted to quantify the factors contributing to higher uptake in the Australian hospital setting. ..
- Brotherton P, Haak W, Templeton J, Brandt G, Soubrier J, Jane Adler C, et al. Neolithic mitochondrial haplogroup H genomes and the genetic origins of Europeans. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1764 pubmed publisher..Dated haplogroup H genomes allow us to reconstruct the recent evolutionary history of haplogroup H and reveal a mutation rate 45% higher than current estimates for human mitochondria. ..
- Liu T, Raju A, Boesel T, Cyna A, Tan S. Chronic pain after caesarean delivery: an Australian cohort. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2013;41:496-500 pubmed..All declined a pain clinic review. Clinicians and patients can be reassured that caesarean delivery is unlikely to lead to severe persistent pain in the long-term. ..
- Rogers S, Fey D, McCloy R, Parker B, Mitchell N, Payne R, et al. PP1 initiates the dephosphorylation of MASTL, triggering mitotic exit and bistability in human cells. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:1340-54 pubmed publisher..This feedback loop drives complete deactivation of MASTL, ensuring a strong switch-like activation of phosphatase activity during mitotic exit. ..
- Favaloro E, Browning T, Facey D. CD13 (GP150; aminopeptidase-N): predominant functional activity in blood is localized to plasma and is not cell-surface associated. Exp Hematol. 1993;21:1695-701 pubmed..These findings have significant implications for our understanding of the many functions of this molecule in blood. ..
- Veness M. Perineural spread in head and neck skin cancer. Australas J Dermatol. 2000;41:117-9 pubmed..Clinicians need to be aware of the potential for PNS because a group of these patients will die from this potentially preventable and treatable form of metastatic skin cancer. ..
- Terentis A, Thomas S, Takikawa O, Littlejohn T, Truscott R, Armstrong R, et al. The heme environment of recombinant human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase. Structural properties and substrate-ligand interactions. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15788-94 pubmed..Together these data indicate that the strong proximal Fe-His bond and the strong H-bonding and/or steric interactions between l-Trp and dioxygen in the distal pocket are likely crucial for the enzymatic activity of hIDO. ..
- Harvey R, Lai D, Elliott D, Biben C, Solloway M, Prall O, et al. Homeodomain factor Nkx2-5 in heart development and disease. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2002;67:107-14 pubmed
- Townend B, Sturm J, Whyte S. Quinine associated blindness. Aust Fam Physician. 2004;33:627-8 pubmed..Quinine is commonly prescribed to the elderly for the treatment of benign nocturnal cramps, yet its use is not without complications...
- Tu J, Stoodley M, Morgan M, Storer K. Ultrastructural characteristics of hemorrhagic, nonhemorrhagic, and recurrent cavernous malformations. J Neurosurg. 2005;103:903-9 pubmed..Ultrastructural characteristics of hemorrhagic, nonhemorrhagic, primary, and recurrent central nervous system cavernous malformations (CMs) were examined in an attempt to clarify their pathological mechanisms...
- de Costa A. Making a virtue of necessity: managing the open abdomen. ANZ J Surg. 2006;76:356-63 pubmed
- Treloar C, Rhodes T. The lived experience of hepatitis C and its treatment among injecting drug users: qualitative synthesis. Qual Health Res. 2009;19:1321-34 pubmed publisher..We conclude by emphasizing the disconnects between the lived experience of hepatitis C among IDUs and Western health care system responses. ..
- Meinhardt U, Nelson A, Hansen J, Birzniece V, Clifford D, Leung K, et al. The effects of growth hormone on body composition and physical performance in recreational athletes: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2010;152:568-77 pubmed publisher..Growth hormone supplementation influenced body composition and increased sprint capacity when administered alone and in combination with testosterone. The World Anti-Doping Agency. ..
- Joshi S, Perera S, Gilbert J, Smith C, Mariana A, Gordon C, et al. The dynamin inhibitors MiTMAB and OcTMAB induce cytokinesis failure and inhibit cell proliferation in human cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:1995-2006 pubmed publisher..Thus, MiTMABs have toxicity and antiproliferative properties that preferentially target cancer cells. This suggests that dynII may be a novel target for pharmacologic intervention for the treatment of cancer. ..
- Skelding K, Rostas J, Verrills N. Controlling the cell cycle: the role of calcium/calmodulin-stimulated protein kinases I and II. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:631-9 pubmed..If the mechanisms controlling these events can be fully elucidated, new targets for controlling proliferative diseases may be identified. ..
- Swaminathan S, Suzuki K, Seddiki N, Kaplan W, Cowley M, Hood C, et al. Differential regulation of the Let-7 family of microRNAs in CD4+ T cells alters IL-10 expression. J Immunol. 2012;188:6238-46 pubmed publisher..In HIV-1 infection, the decrease in let-7 miRNAs may result in an increase in IL-10 from CD4(+) T cells and provide the virus with an important survival advantage by manipulating the host immune response. ..
- Lo C, Teede H, Fulcher G, Gallagher M, Kerr P, Ranasinha S, et al. Gaps and barriers in health-care provision for co-morbid diabetes and chronic kidney disease: a cross-sectional study. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18:80 pubmed publisher..Barriers associated with a deviation from recommended care were different for different items of care, suggesting that specific interventions targeting each item of care are required. ..
- Adams D, Beveridge D, van der Weyden L, Mangs H, Leedman P, Morris B. HADHB, HuR, and CP1 bind to the distal 3'-untranslated region of human renin mRNA and differentially modulate renin expression. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44894-903 pubmed..cAMP-mediated increased REN mRNA stability may involve stimulation of HuR and CP1, whereas REN mRNA decay may involve thiolase-dependent pathways. ..
- Othman N, Isaacs D, Kesson A. Mycoplasma pneumoniae infections in Australian children. J Paediatr Child Health. 2005;41:671-6 pubmed..To describe the epidemiology, clinical features and outcome of Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection in children presenting to a tertiary children's hospital...
- Karim R, Wills E, McCarthy S, Scolyer R. Myxoid variant of adrenocortical carcinoma: report of a unique case. Pathol Int. 2006;56:89-94 pubmed..Clinicoradiological correlation may be helpful, but special stains, immunohistochemistry and ultrastructural examination may be necessary to establish the diagnosis. ..
- Backhouse J, Gidding H, McIntyre P, Gilbert G. Evaluation of two enzyme immunoassays for detection of immunoglobulin G antibodies to mumps virus. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2006;13:764-7 pubmed..We conclude that the Microimmune ELISA is a more appropriate assay than the Enzygnost ELISA for estimation of mumps seroprevalence. ..