Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Victoria, Australia
Locale: Victoria, Australia
Publications522 found, 100 shown here
- Shen Y, Li C, Zhou S, Pang E, Story D, Xue C. Chemistry and bioactivity of Flos Magnoliae, a Chinese herb for rhinitis and sinusitis. Curr Med Chem. 2008;15:1616-27 pubmed..Recent studies have been directed towards the isolation of other bioactive compounds. Further studies on FM may help to develop new anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic drugs...
- John L, Yoong S, Ward A. Evolution of the Ikaros gene family: implications for the origins of adaptive immunity. J Immunol. 2009;182:4792-9 pubmed publisher..Instead, this study is consistent with a later emergence of adaptive immunity coincident with the appearance of the definitive lymphoid markers Ikaros, Aiolos, and Helios. ..
- Turner S, La Gruta N, Kedzierska K, Thomas P, Doherty P. Functional implications of T cell receptor diversity. Curr Opin Immunol. 2009;21:286-90 pubmed publisher..Here, we review recent advances demonstrating a link between T cell repertoire diversity and immunity to infection, and consider the potential mechanisms at play. ..
- Tate M, Schilter H, Brooks A, Reading P. Responses of mouse airway epithelial cells and alveolar macrophages to virulent and avirulent strains of influenza A virus. Viral Immunol. 2011;24:77-88 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into the mechanisms underlying disease severity in the mouse model of influenza infection. ..
- Roy K, Singh N, Kanwar R, Kanwar J. Survivin Modulators: An Updated Patent Review (2011-2015). Recent Pat Anticancer Drug Discov. 2016;11:152-69 pubmed
- Hacker G, Vaux D. Expression of candidate cell death genes in cell lines during apoptosis. Biochem Cell Biol. 1994;72:451-4 pubmed..These results suggest that expression of RP-2 and nedd2 is not sufficient for apoptosis, and if the products of these genes are involved in apoptosis of FDC-P1 cells, they are regulated by posttranslational mechanisms. ..
- Thomas H, Parker J, Schreiber R, Kay T. IFN-gamma action on pancreatic beta cells causes class I MHC upregulation but not diabetes. J Clin Invest. 1998;102:1249-57 pubmed..This study dissociates class I MHC upregulation from progression to diabetes, shows that the rise in class I MHC is due to local IFN-gamma action, and eliminates beta cells as the targets of IFN-gamma in autoimmune diabetes. ..
- Boyle G, Roucou X, Nagley P, Devenish R, Prescott M. Identification of subunit g of yeast mitochondrial F1F0-ATP synthase, a protein required for maximal activity of cytochrome c oxidase. Eur J Biochem. 1999;262:315-23 pubmed..These results indicate that subunit g is associated with F1F0-ATP synthase and is required for maximal levels of respiration, ATP synthesis and cytochrome c oxidase activity in yeast. ..
- Scott C, Robb L, Papaevangeliou B, Mansfield R, Nicola N, Begley C. Reassessment of interactions between hematopoietic receptors using common beta-chain and interleukin-3-specific receptor beta-chain-null cells: no evidence of functional interactions with receptors for erythropoietin, granulocyte colony-stimulating f. Blood. 2000;96:1588-90 pubmed..This study provided results that challenge conclusions previously established using a variety of biochemical assays. (Blood. 2000;96:1588-1590) ..
- Sexton P, Albiston A, Morfis M, Tilakaratne N. Receptor activity modifying proteins. Cell Signal. 2001;13:73-83 pubmed..A similar function has been ascribed to RAMP interaction with the CT receptor (CTR) gene product. This review examines our current state of knowledge of the mechanisms underlying RAMP function. ..
- Cao Z, Burrell L, Tikkanen I, Bonnet F, Cooper M, Gilbert R. Vasopeptidase inhibition attenuates the progression of renal injury in subtotal nephrectomized rats. Kidney Int. 2001;60:715-21 pubmed..These findings suggest that vasopeptidase inhibition may provide a useful strategy for the treatment of progressive renal disease. ..
- Renfree M, Coveney D, Shaw G. The influence of estrogen on the developing male marsupial. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2001;13:231-40 pubmed..The ability of estradiol to cause testis-to-ovary sex reversal in marsupials provides a new way of studying the interactions between genes and hormones in testicular differentiation. ..
- Bonnet F, Tikellis C, Kawachi H, Burns W, Wookey P, Cao Z, et al. Nephrin expression in the post-natal developing kidney in normotensive and hypertensive rats. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2002;24:371-81 pubmed
- Olayioye M, Guthridge M, Stomski F, Lopez A, Visvader J, Lindeman G. Threonine 391 phosphorylation of the human prolactin receptor mediates a novel interaction with 14-3-3 proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32929-35 pubmed..This was accompanied by a ligand-induced increase in protein kinase B and Erk activation but not that of Stat5a. Phosphorylation of the receptor on Thr391 may therefore provide a new mechanism by which prolactin signaling is attenuated. ..
- Kotsifas M, Barth C, De Lozanne A, Lay S, Fisher P. Chaperonin 60 and mitochondrial disease in Dictyostelium. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2002;23:839-52 pubmed..This suggests that, regardless of the nature of the underlying genetic defect, mitochondrial deficiency impairs signal transduction more sensitively than other cellular activities. ..
- Hayakawa Y, Screpanti V, Yagita H, Grandien A, Ljunggren H, Smyth M, et al. NK cell TRAIL eliminates immature dendritic cells in vivo and limits dendritic cell vaccination efficacy. J Immunol. 2004;172:123-9 pubmed..These data suggested that NK cell TRAIL might regulate responses to vaccination by controlling the survival of Ag-loaded DC. ..
- Olsen V, Hyatt A, Boyle D, Mendez D. Co-localisation of Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis and keratin for enhanced diagnosis of chytridiomycosis in frogs. Dis Aquat Organ. 2004;61:85-8 pubmed..We have developed a staining protocol based on previously described methods to detect both B. dendrobatidis and keratin, to improve the sensitivity and specificity of diagnosis of chytridiomycosis by inexperienced diagnosticians...
- Loeliger M, Duncan J, Louey S, Cock M, Harding R, Rees S. Fetal growth restriction induced by chronic placental insufficiency has long-term effects on the retina but not the optic nerve. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:3300-8 pubmed..Alterations persisting into adulthood could affect visual function. ..
- Bulach D, Zuerner R, Wilson P, Seemann T, McGrath A, Cullen P, et al. Genome reduction in Leptospira borgpetersenii reflects limited transmission potential. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:14560-5 pubmed..We conclude that L. borgpetersenii is evolving toward dependence on a strict host-to-host transmission cycle. ..
- Backhouse S, Coleman B, Shepherd R. Surgical access to the mammalian cochlea for cell-based therapies. Exp Neurol. 2008;214:193-200 pubmed publisher..Direct access to Rosenthal's canal offered the most promising surgical approach to the SGNs, although the technique must be further refined to reduce the localized trauma associated with the procedure. ..
- Endersby N, Hoffmann A, White V, Lowenstein S, Ritchie S, Johnson P, et al. Genetic structure of Aedes aegypti in Australia and Vietnam revealed by microsatellite and exon primed intron crossing markers suggests feasibility of local control options. J Med Entomol. 2009;46:1074-83 pubmed
- Gogos A, Kwek P, Chavez C, van den Buuse M. Estrogen treatment blocks 8-hydroxy-2-dipropylaminotetralin- and apomorphine-induced disruptions of prepulse inhibition: involvement of dopamine D1 or D2 or serotonin 5-HT1A, 5-HT2A, or 5-HT7 receptors. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;333:218-27 pubmed publisher..Estrogen may prevent disruptions of PPI induced by both 8-OH-DPAT and apomorphine by an action on dopamine D(2) receptors downstream of 5-HT(1A) receptors. ..
- Zheng Z, Amran S, Thompson P, Jennings I. Isoform-selective inhibition of phosphoinositide 3-kinase: identification of a new region of nonconserved amino acids critical for p110? inhibition. Mol Pharmacol. 2011;80:657-64 pubmed publisher..These results show that these two regions of nonconserved amino acids that are close to the substrate binding site could be targeted to produce p110? isoform-selective inhibitors. ..
- Besford Q, Sullivan M, Zheng L, Gilbert R, Stapleton D, Gray Weale A. The structure of cardiac glycogen in healthy mice. Int J Biol Macromol. 2012;51:887-91 pubmed publisher..We point out the possible implications for the study of glycogen storage diseases, and of non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. ..
- Atkinson P, Wise A, Flynn B, Nayagam B, Hume C, O Leary S, et al. Neurotrophin gene therapy for sustained neural preservation after deafness. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52338 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that neurotrophin-gene therapy can provide sustained protection of spiral ganglion neurons and peripheral fibres after hearing loss...
- Paquet Fifield S, Levy S, Sato T, Shayan R, Karnezis T, Davydova N, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor-d modulates caliber and function of initial lymphatics in the dermis. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2074-84 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that Vegf-d deficiency alters the caliber of initial lymphatics in the dermis leading to reduced functional capacity. ..
- Strasser A, Harris A, Corcoran L, Cory S. Bcl-2 expression promotes B- but not T-lymphoid development in scid mice. Nature. 1994;368:457-60 pubmed
- Loeliger M, Briscoe T, Lambert G, Caddy J, Rehn A, Dieni S, et al. Chronic placental insufficiency affects retinal development in the guinea pig. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:2361-7 pubmed..05). CPI results in alterations to specific populations of retinal neurons. Such effects could contribute to visual impairments reported for VLBW children. ..
- Turner B, Atkin J, Farg M, Zang D, Rembach A, Lopes E, et al. Impaired extracellular secretion of mutant superoxide dismutase 1 associates with neurotoxicity in familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurosci. 2005;25:108-17 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest novel extracellular roles for SOD1 in ALS and support a causal relationship between mutant SOD1 secretion and intraneuronal toxicity. ..
- Bathgate R, Ivell R, Sanborn B, Sherwood O, Summers R. Receptors for relaxin family peptides. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1041:61-76 pubmed
- Clarke D. Drinking water additive decreases plaque and calculus accumulation in cats. J Vet Dent. 2006;23:79-82 pubmed..Results demonstrated that the addition of xylitol to the drinking water was effective in reducing plaque and calculus accumulation in cats. ..
- Tiganis T, Bennett A. Protein tyrosine phosphatase function: the substrate perspective. Biochem J. 2007;402:1-15 pubmed..Finally, the progress that has been made in defining the biological roles of PTPs through the identification of their substrates will be discussed. ..
- Onan D, Allan E, Quinn J, Gooi J, Pompolo S, Sims N, et al. The chemokine Cxcl1 is a novel target gene of parathyroid hormone (PTH)/PTH-related protein in committed osteoblasts. Endocrinology. 2009;150:2244-53 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that local action through the PTHR1 could stimulate cells of the osteoblast lineage to release a chemokine capable of attracting osteoclast precursors to the bone environment. ..
- Theodossis A, Guillonneau C, Welland A, Ely L, Clements C, Williamson N, et al. Constraints within major histocompatibility complex class I restricted peptides: presentation and consequences for T-cell recognition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5534-9 pubmed publisher..Interactions between individual peptide positions can thus impose fine control on the conformation of pMHC-I epitopes, whereas the perturbation of such constraints can lead to a previously unappreciated mechanism of viral escape. ..
- Ruebhart D, Radcliffe W, Eaglesham G. Alternative bioassay for the detection of saxitoxin using the speckled cockroach (Nauphoeta cinerea). J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2011;74:621-37 pubmed publisher..The N. cinerea bioassay presents a selective test for PSP toxicity that is rapid, economical, efficient, and simple to perform. ..
- Murphy K, Chee A, Gleeson B, Naim T, Swiderski K, Koopman R, et al. Antibody-directed myostatin inhibition enhances muscle mass and function in tumor-bearing mice. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2011;301:R716-26 pubmed publisher..The improvements in limb muscle mass and function highlight the therapeutic potential of antibody-directed myostatin inhibition for cancer cachexia...
- Campbell D. Vaccination against high blood pressure. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:1005-10 pubmed..Thus, the role of vaccination against renin angiotensin system components in hypertension management remains to be established. ..
- Jobling A, Nguyen M, Gentle A, McBrien N. Isoform-specific changes in scleral transforming growth factor-beta expression and the regulation of collagen synthesis during myopia progression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:18121-6 pubmed..In addition, the early alterations in TGF-beta expression levels may reflect a role for these cytokines in mediating the retinoscleral signal that controls myopic eye growth...
- McColl B, Stacker S, Achen M. Molecular regulation of the VEGF family -- inducers of angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis. APMIS. 2004;112:463-80 pubmed..An understanding of these mechanisms offers broader opportunities to manipulate expression and activity of the VEGFs for treatment of disease. ..
- Hurn S, Mc Cowan C, Turner A. Oral doxycycline, niacinamide and prednisolone used to treat bilateral nodular granulomatous conjunctivitis of the third eyelid in an Australian Kelpie dog. Vet Ophthalmol. 2005;8:349-52 pubmed..Resolution of the condition was achieved with a combination of oral doxycycline, niacinamide and prednisolone. ..
- Gook D, Edgar D, Borg J, Martic M. Detection of zona pellucida proteins during human folliculogenesis. Hum Reprod. 2008;23:394-402 pubmed..The detection of ZP proteins in the quiescent primordial follicle suggests that these proteins have been present since oogenesis. ..
- Klinken S, Nicola N, Johnson G. In vitro-derived leukemic erythroid cell lines induced by a raf- and myc-containing retrovirus differentiate in response to erythropoietin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:8506-10 pubmed
- La Greca N, Hibbs A, Riffkin C, Foley M, Tilley L. Identification of an endoplasmic reticulum-resident calcium-binding protein with multiple EF-hand motifs in asexual stages of Plasmodium falciparum. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 1997;89:283-93 pubmed..We propose that PfERC is a member of the reticulocalbin family of calcium-binding proteins and may play a role in protein trafficking in the malaria parasite. ..
- Grumont R, Rourke I, O Reilly L, Strasser A, Miyake K, Sha W, et al. B lymphocytes differentially use the Rel and nuclear factor kappaB1 (NF-kappaB1) transcription factors to regulate cell cycle progression and apoptosis in quiescent and mitogen-activated cells. J Exp Med. 1998;187:663-74 pubmed
- Head G, Chan C, Burke S. Relationship between imidazoline and alpha2-adrenoceptors involved in the sympatho-inhibitory actions of centrally acting antihypertensive agents. J Auton Nerv Syst. 1998;72:163-9 pubmed..Our hypothesis brings together opposing points of view that the mechanism for hypotension must involve either the imidazoline receptor or the alpha2-adrenoceptor. Clearly both are important...
- Fontes M, Teh T, Kobe B. Structural basis of recognition of monopartite and bipartite nuclear localization sequences by mammalian importin-alpha. J Mol Biol. 2000;297:1183-94 pubmed..The structures explain the structural basis for binding of diverse NLSs to the sole receptor protein. ..
- Pask A, Harry J, Renfree M, Marshall Graves J. Absence of SOX3 in the developing marsupial gonad is not consistent with a conserved role in mammalian sex determination. Genesis. 2000;27:145-52 pubmed..The absence of expression in the developing gonad strongly suggests that SOX3 does not have a conserved role in mammalian sexual determination or differentiation. ..
- O Keeffe M, Hochrein H, Vremec D, Pooley J, Evans R, Woulfe S, et al. Effects of administration of progenipoietin 1, Flt-3 ligand, granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, and pegylated granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor on dendritic cell subsets in mice. Blood. 2002;99:2122-30 pubmed..Such selective expansion of DC populations and alterations in their cytokine-secretion capacity have implications for clinical use of the studied cytokines in immune modulation. ..
- Sait L, Galic M, Strugnell R, Janssen P. Secretory antibodies do not affect the composition of the bacterial microbiota in the terminal ileum of 10-week-old mice. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2003;69:2100-9 pubmed
- Plant D, Lynch G. Depolarization-induced contraction and SR function in mechanically skinned muscle fibers from dystrophic mdx mice. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2003;285:C522-8 pubmed..05), indicating depressed SR Ca2+ release channel activity. Our findings indicate that fast fibers from mdx mice exhibit some impairment in the events mediating E-C coupling and SR Ca2+ release channel activity. ..
- Beeson J, Mann E, Elliott S, Lema V, Tadesse E, Molyneux M, et al. Antibodies to variant surface antigens of Plasmodium falciparum-infected erythrocytes and adhesion inhibitory antibodies are associated with placental malaria and have overlapping and distinct targets. J Infect Dis. 2004;189:540-51 pubmed..Comparisons between antibodies suggest that adhesion-inhibitory antibodies and those to PRBC variant antigens have distinct and overlapping epitopes, may be acquired independently, and have different roles in immunity. ..
- Leihy M, Shaw G, Wilson J, Renfree M. Penile development is initiated in the tammar wallaby pouch young during the period when 5alpha-androstane-3alpha,17beta-diol is secreted by the testes. Endocrinology. 2004;145:3346-52 pubmed
- Ortinau S, Lin F, Wade J, Tregear G, Bathgate R, Gundlach A. Insulin-relaxin family peptide signaling and receptors in mouse brain membranes and neuronal cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1041:211-5 pubmed..Such studies will help to establish the actions of relaxin-family peptides via their different GPCRs in different brain pathways. ..
- Cullinane M, Gong L, Li X, Lazar Adler N, Tra T, Wolvetang E, et al. Stimulation of autophagy suppresses the intracellular survival of Burkholderia pseudomallei in mammalian cell lines. Autophagy. 2008;4:744-53 pubmed..pseudomallei, but which the bacteria can actively evade. However, when autophagy is pharmacologically induced using rapamycin, bacteria are actively sequestered in autophagosomes, ultimately decreasing their survival. ..
- McKinstry W, Polekhina G, Diefenbach Jagger H, Ho P, Sato K, Onuma E, et al. Structural basis for antibody discrimination between two hormones that recognize the parathyroid hormone receptor. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:15557-63 pubmed publisher..The structure explains how the antibody discriminates between the two hormones and provides information that could be used in the development of novel agonists and antagonists of their common receptor. ..
- Jiang F, Guo N, Dusting G. 3',4'-Dihydroxyflavonol down-regulates monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in smooth muscle: role of focal adhesion kinase and PDGF receptor signalling. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;157:597-606 pubmed publisher..These effects underlie the inhibitory action of DiOHF on MCP-1 expression in smooth muscle cells. Our results suggest that DiOHF might be a useful tool for dissection of the (patho)physiological roles of FAK signalling. ..
- Kemp W, Kompa A, Phrommintikul A, Herath C, Zhiyuan J, Angus P, et al. Urotensin II modulates hepatic fibrosis and portal hemodynamic alterations in rats. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G762-7 pubmed publisher..This response may be mediated via induction of fibrogenic cytokines. These findings have pathophysiological implications in human liver disease where increased plasma UII levels have been observed. ..
- Sullivan M, Vilaplana F, Cave R, Stapleton D, Gray Weale A, Gilbert R. Nature of alpha and beta particles in glycogen using molecular size distributions. Biomacromolecules. 2010;11:1094-100 pubmed publisher..These data reveal that the beta particles are covalently bonded to form alpha particles through a hitherto unsuspected enzyme process, operative in the liver on particles above a certain size range. ..
- Shen H, Crowston J, Huber F, Saubern S, McLean K, Hartley P. The influence of dipalmitoyl phosphatidylserine on phase behaviour of and cellular response to lyotropic liquid crystalline dispersions. Biomaterials. 2010;31:9473-81 pubmed publisher..We propose that the cytotoxicity of the DPPS-containing dispersions results from changes in lipid/surfactant phase behaviour and the preferential attachment and fusion of vesicles at the cell membrane. ..
- Lankadeva Y, Singh R, Hilliard L, Moritz K, Denton K. Blunted sodium excretion in response to a saline load in 5 year old female sheep following fetal uninephrectomy. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47528 pubmed publisher..Whilst there was no overt exacerbation of hypertension and renal insufficiency with age in the uni-x sheep, these animals may be more vulnerable to secondary renal insults. ..
- Southon A, Greenough M, Ganio G, Bush A, Burke R, Camakaris J. Presenilin promotes dietary copper uptake. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62811 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with previous studies of mammalian presenilins, supporting a conserved role for these proteins in mediating copper uptake. ..
- Harvey R. NK-2 homeobox genes and heart development. Dev Biol. 1996;178:203-16 pubmed
- Print C, Loveland K, Gibson L, Meehan T, Stylianou A, Wreford N, et al. Apoptosis regulator bcl-w is essential for spermatogenesis but appears otherwise redundant. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:12424-31 pubmed..The bcl-w-/- mouse provides a unique model of failed spermatogenesis in the adult that may be relevant to some cases of human male sterility. ..
- Li Y, Prentice D, Howard M, Mashford M, Desmond P. The effect of hormones on the expression of five isoforms of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase in primary cultures of rat hepatocytes. Pharm Res. 1999;16:191-7 pubmed..This study demonstrates that multiple hormones take part in the regulation of UGT mRNA expression in the rat and individual genes can be differentially modulated. ..
- Miller J. Discovering the origins of immunological competence. Annu Rev Immunol. 1999;17:1-17 pubmed
- Metha A, Crane A, Rylander H, Thomsen S, Albrecht D. Maintaining the cornea and the general physiological environment in visual neurophysiology experiments. J Neurosci Methods. 2001;109:153-66 pubmed..Our observations showed that this protocol permits continuous contact lens wear without adversely affecting the corneas. Thus, it is possible to collect data 24 h each day, for the entire duration of the experiment. ..
- Puls K, Hogquist K, Reilly N, Wright M. CD53, a thymocyte selection marker whose induction requires a lower affinity TCR-MHC interaction than CD69, but is up-regulated with slower kinetics. Int Immunol. 2002;14:249-58 pubmed..Thus a combination of the CD69 and CD53 selection markers may be a powerful tool to isolate thymocytes that have either been very recently selected or have arisen from differing MHC--TCR affinity interactions during selection. ..
- Burazin T, Bathgate R, Macris M, Layfield S, Gundlach A, Tregear G. Restricted, but abundant, expression of the novel rat gene-3 (R3) relaxin in the dorsal tegmental region of brain. J Neurochem. 2002;82:1553-7 pubmed..These together with earlier findings provide strong evidence for a role(s) for multiple relaxin peptides as neurotransmitters and/or modulators in the rat CNS. ..
- Bullen D, Baldwin T, Curtis J, Alexander W, Handman E. Persistence of lesions in suppressor of cytokine signaling-1-deficient mice infected with Leishmania major. J Immunol. 2003;170:4267-72 pubmed..These results suggest that SOCS1 plays an important role in the regulation of appropriate inflammatory responses during the resolution of L. major infection. ..
- Willis G, Robertson A. Recovery of experimental Parkinson's disease with the melatonin analogues ML-23 and S-20928 in a chronic, bilateral 6-OHDA model: a new mechanism involving antagonism of the melatonin receptor. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2004;79:413-29 pubmed
- Hayakawa Y, Smyth M. CD27 dissects mature NK cells into two subsets with distinct responsiveness and migratory capacity. J Immunol. 2006;176:1517-24 pubmed..These findings clearly reclassify mature NK cells into two distinct subsets and begin to discern their specific role in immune responses. ..
- James W, Hutchinson P, Bullard D, Hickey M. Cerebral leucocyte infiltration in lupus-prone MRL/MpJ-fas lpr mice--roles of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and P-selectin. Clin Exp Immunol. 2006;144:299-308 pubmed..In addition, endothelial adhesion molecules ICAM-1 and P-selectin, which modulate survival of MRL/MpJ-fas(lpr) mice, do not markedly inhibit leucocyte entry into the central nervous system. ..
- Deans A, Khanna K, McNees C, Mercurio C, Heierhorst J, McArthur G. Cyclin-dependent kinase 2 functions in normal DNA repair and is a therapeutic target in BRCA1-deficient cancers. Cancer Res. 2006;66:8219-26 pubmed..Moreover, inhibitors of CDKs may be useful therapeutics in cancers with defects in DNA repair, such as mutations in the familial breast cancer gene BRCA1. ..
- Dudek N, Thomas H, Mariana L, Sutherland R, Allison J, Estella E, et al. Cytotoxic T-cells from T-cell receptor transgenic NOD8.3 mice destroy beta-cells via the perforin and Fas pathways. Diabetes. 2006;55:2412-8 pubmed..Therefore, NOD8.3 T-cells use both perforin and Fas pathways to kill beta-cells and the surprising blockade of NOD8.3 T-cell-mediated beta-cell death by SOCS-1 overexpression may be due in part to reduced target cell recognition. ..
- Harcourt L, Schertzer J, Ryall J, Lynch G. Low dose formoterol administration improves muscle function in dystrophic mdx mice without increasing fatigue. Neuromuscul Disord. 2007;17:47-55 pubmed
- Walker E, McGregor N, Poulton I, Pompolo S, Allan E, Quinn J, et al. Cardiotrophin-1 is an osteoclast-derived stimulus of bone formation required for normal bone remodeling. J Bone Miner Res. 2008;23:2025-32 pubmed publisher..CT-1 may now be classed as an essential osteoclast-derived stimulus of both bone formation and resorption. ..