Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on secondary protein structure in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Locale: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Topic: secondary protein structure
- Board P, Coggan M, Chelvanayagam G, Easteal S, Jermiin L, Schulte G, et al. Identification, characterization, and crystal structure of the Omega class glutathione transferases. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:24798-806 pubmed..Unlike other mammalian GSTs, GSTO 1-1 appears to have an active site cysteine that can form a disulfide bond with glutathione. ..
- Maleszka R, Lupas A, Hanes S, Miklos G. The dodo gene family encodes a novel protein involved in signal transduction and protein folding. Gene. 1997;203:89-93 pubmed..The genetic, molecular, biochemical and structural data are reviewed in the context of the potential biological properties of this new protein family. ..
- Edwards K, Ollis D, Dixon N. Crystal structure of cytoplasmic Escherichia coli peptidyl-prolyl isomerase: evidence for decreased mobility of loops upon complexation. J Mol Biol. 1997;271:258-65 pubmed..There is evidence to suggest that two surface loops have significantly reduced mobility in the complexed structure. ..
- Webb D, Rosenberg H, Cox G. Mutational analysis of the Escherichia coli phosphate-specific transport system, a member of the traffic ATPase (or ABC) family of membrane transporters. A role for proline residues in transmembrane helices. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:24661-8 pubmed..The double mutation in the PstA protein resulted in a permanently "closed" system, whereas the double mutation in the PstC protein resulted in a permanently "open" transport system...
- Zuegg J, Gready J. Molecular dynamics simulations of human prion protein: importance of correct treatment of electrostatic interactions. Biochemistry. 1999;38:13862-76 pubmed..2 for ShPrP and 4.5 for mouse PrP). ..
- Hayden C, Mackenzie A, Skotnicki M, Gibbs A. Turnip yellow mosaic virus isolates with experimentally produced recombinant virion proteins. J Gen Virol. 1998;79 ( Pt 2):395-403 pubmed..The recently published structure of the TYMV VP determined by X-ray crystallography confirms the accuracy of the predicted secondary structure of the VP, and hence the utility of the methods used. ..
- Delhaize E, Gruber B, Ryan P. The roles of organic anion permeases in aluminium resistance and mineral nutrition. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2255-62 pubmed..We review the roles of these proteins in Al(3+) resistance as well as their roles in other aspects of mineral nutrition...