Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina
Locale: Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina
- Perez A, Altube M, Schilrreff P, Apezteguia G, Celes F, Zacchino S, et al. Topical amphotericin B in ultradeformable liposomes: Formulation, skin penetration study, antifungal and antileishmanial activity in vitro. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;139:190-8 pubmed publisher..Because of that, topical treatments of cutaneous fungal infection and leishmaniasis with AmB-UDL may be regarded of potential of clinical significance. ..
- Roggero E, Perez A, Tamae Kakazu M, Piazzon I, Nepomnaschy I, Besedovsky H, et al. Endogenous glucocorticoids cause thymus atrophy but are protective during acute Trypanosoma cruzi infection. J Endocrinol. 2006;190:495-503 pubmed..The results obtained represent the first evidence that an endocrine host response that is coupled to the immune process can strongly affect the course of a parasite infection. ..
- Crocenzi F, Roma M. Silymarin as a new hepatoprotective agent in experimental cholestasis: new possibilities for an ancient medication. Curr Med Chem. 2006;13:1055-74 pubmed
- Villar S, Brandoni A, Torres A. Time course of organic anion excretion in rats with bilateral ureteral obstruction: role of organic anion transporters (Oat1 and Oat3). Nephron Physiol. 2008;110:p45-56 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence regarding the importance of adjusting the dose regimens of negatively charged drugs during the different time phases of this pathology. ..
- Di Giusto G, Anzai N, Endou H, Torres A. Oat5 and NaDC1 protein abundance in kidney and urine after renal ischemic reperfusion injury. J Histochem Cytochem. 2009;57:17-27 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that urinary excretion of Oat5 might be an early indicator of renal dysfunction, which is useful for detection of even minor alterations in renal structural and functional integrity. ..
- Villanueva S, Ruiz M, Ghanem C, Luquita M, Catania V, Mottino A. Hepatic synthesis and urinary elimination of acetaminophen glucuronide are exacerbated in bile duct-ligated rats. Drug Metab Dispos. 2008;36:475-80 pubmed..We demonstrate a more efficient hepatic synthesis and basolateral excretion of APAP-GLU followed by its urinary elimination in BDL group, the latter two processes consistent with up-regulation of liver Mrp3 and renal Mrp2...
- Di Giusto G, Anzai N, Endou H, Torres A. Elimination of organic anions in response to an early stage of renal ischemia-reperfusion in the rat: role of basolateral plasma membrane transporters and cortical renal blood flow. Pharmacology. 2008;81:127-36 pubmed..These findings might have significant implications in the development of novel pharmacological strategies to be applied in the initial stages of ischemic ARF. ..
- Weiner A, Allende M, Becker T, Calcaterra N. CNBP mediates neural crest cell expansion by controlling cell proliferation and cell survival during rostral head development. J Cell Biochem. 2007;102:1553-70 pubmed
- Quiroga A, de Lujan Alvarez M, Parody J, Ronco M, Carnovale C, Carrillo M. Interferon-alpha2b (IFN-alpha2b)-induced apoptosis is mediated by p38 MAPK in hepatocytes from rat preneoplastic liver via activation of NADPH oxidase. Growth Factors. 2009;27:214-27 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that NADPH oxidase is activated by IFN-alpha2b through p38 MAPK. p38 MAPK-induced activation of NADPH oxidase is accomplished by a two-step pathway: first, ROS-independent and second ROS- and TGF-beta(1)-dependent. ..
- Salomon C. First century of Chagas' disease: an overview on novel approaches to nifurtimox and benzonidazole delivery systems. J Pharm Sci. 2012;101:888-94 pubmed publisher..In this review, different approaches carried out in the last decades for developing novel pharmaceutical formulations for the delivery of nifurtimox and benznidazole are discussed. ..
- García Borrás S, Diez C, Cotorruelo C, Pellizon O, Biondi C, Beloscar J, et al. HLA class II DRB1 polymorphism in Argentinians undergoing chronic Trypanosoma cruzi infection. Ann Clin Biochem. 2006;43:214-6 pubmed..Although statistically insignificant, the latter was found more frequent in cases with cardiomyopathy. ..
- Gradilone S, Garcia F, Huebert R, Tietz P, Larocca M, Kierbel A, et al. Glucagon induces the plasma membrane insertion of functional aquaporin-8 water channels in isolated rat hepatocytes. Hepatology. 2003;37:1435-41 pubmed..These findings provide evidence supporting the molecular mechanisms of glucagon-induced hepatocyte bile secretion. ..
- Crocenzi F, Mottino A, Roma M. Regulation of synthesis and trafficking of canalicular transporters and its alteration in acquired hepatocellular cholestasis. Experimental therapeutic strategies for its prevention. Curr Med Chem. 2004;11:501-24 pubmed..g., cAMP, silymarin or tauroursodeoxycholate) are described with respect to their ability to prevent cholestatic alterations; the role of signaling molecules as putative downstream mediators of their effects are also discussed...
- Gradilone S, Tietz P, Splinter P, Marinelli R, Larusso N. Expression and subcellular localization of aquaporin water channels in the polarized hepatocyte cell line, WIF-B. BMC Physiol. 2005;5:13 pubmed..This cell line has been reported to be a good in vitro model for studying hepatocyte polarity...
- Cribb P, Tapia E, Diosque P, Serra E. Spliced leader RNA gene promoter sequence heterogeneity in CL-Brener Trypanosoma cruzi reference strain. Infect Genet Evol. 2004;4:153-7 pubmed..cruzi I origin into a T. cruzi II strain. The possible origins of these sequences are discussed. ..
- Petrini G, Ochoa E, Serra E, Torres A, Elías M. Fibronectin expression in proximal tubules from ischemic rat kidneys without reperfusion. Mol Cell Biochem. 2002;241:21-7 pubmed..Moreover, this expression is increased after 40 min of ischemia, not followed by reperfusion. ..
- Ponce De Leon P, Valverde J. ABO System: molecular mimicry of Ascaris lumbricoides. Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo. 2003;45:107-8 pubmed..The experiments carried out suggest that A. lumbricoides might absorb A and B antigens from the host, and/or modify the cuticular carbohydrates expression as a kind of antigenic mimicry. ..
- Weiner A, Scampoli N, Calcaterra N. Fishing the molecular bases of Treacher Collins syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29574 pubmed publisher..This experimental condition may facilitate the study of the disease etiology during embryonic development. ..
- Magni C, Espeche C, Repizo G, Saavedra L, Suárez C, Blancato V, et al. Draft genome sequence of Enterococcus mundtii CRL1656. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:550 pubmed publisher..The 3.10-Mb genome sequence consists of 450 large contigs and contains 2,741 predicted protein-coding genes. ..
- Rico M, Matar P, Gervasoni S, Bonfil R, Calcaterra N, Scharovsky O. The transition to the metastatic phenotype of rat lymphoma cells involves up-regulation of IL-10 receptor expression and IL-10 secretion. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2005;22:127-35 pubmed..Also, the up-regulation of IL-10 and IL-10R expression would be part of the transition from primary tumor to the metastatic phenotype. ..
- Soria L, Marrone J, Calamita G, Marinelli R. Ammonia detoxification via ureagenesis in rat hepatocytes involves mitochondrial aquaporin-8 channels. Hepatology. 2013;57:2061-71 pubmed publisher..This mechanism may be relevant to hepatic ammonia detoxification and in turn, avoid the deleterious effects of hyperammonemia. ..
- Ibarra M, Borini Etichetti C, Di Benedetto C, Rosano G, Margarit E, Del Sal G, et al. Dynamic regulation of Pin1 expression and function during zebrafish development. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175939 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that specific mechanisms are operated in different cell types to regulate Pin1 function. ..
- Marcucci H, Paoletti L, Jackowski S, Banchio C. Phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis during neuronal differentiation and its role in cell fate determination. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25382-93 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that elevated PtdCho synthesis could mimic the RA signals and thus determine neuronal cell fate. Moreover, they could explain the key role that PtdCho plays during neuronal regeneration. ..
- Dominighini A, Ferrero M, Crosetti D, Alvarez M, Ronco M, Gonzálvez J, et al. Effect of Ligaria cuneifolia catechin- and quercetin-enriched fractions on hemorheology and plasma cholesterol. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2010;44:217-25 pubmed publisher..Opposite results were observed in rigidity index with CLc and QLc. In vitro studies showed an interaction of both CLc and QLc with the erythrocyte membrane, which induced changes in the erythrocyte shape from discocyte to stomatocyte. ..
- Villanueva S, Arias A, Ruiz M, Rigalli J, Pellegrino J, Vore M, et al. Induction of intestinal multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 by glucagon-like Peptide 2 in the rat. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;335:332-41 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study suggests a role for GLP-2 in the prevention of cell toxicity of the intestinal mucosa by increasing Mrp2 chemical barrier function...
- Boaglio A, Zucchetti A, Sanchez Pozzi E, Pellegrino J, Ochoa J, Mottino A, et al. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase/protein kinase B signaling pathway is involved in estradiol 17?-D-glucuronide-induced cholestasis: complementarity with classical protein kinase C. Hepatology. 2010;52:1465-76 pubmed publisher..The PI3K/Akt signaling pathway is involved in the biliary secretory failure induced by E(2)17G through sustained internalization of canalicular transporters endocytosed via cPKC. ..
- Di Giusto G, Anzai N, Ruiz M, Endou H, Torres A. Expression and function of Oat1 and Oat3 in rat kidney exposed to mercuric chloride. Arch Toxicol. 2009;83:887-97 pubmed publisher..The pharmacological modulation of the expression and/or the function of Oat1 and Oat3 might be an effective therapeutic strategy for reducing the nephrotoxicity of mercury...
- Brun L, Brance M, Rigalli A. Luminal calcium concentration controls intestinal calcium absorption by modification of intestinal alkaline phosphatase activity. Br J Nutr. 2012;108:229-33 pubmed publisher..The present study provides in vivo evidence that luminal Ca concentration increases the activity of IAP and simultaneously decreases %Ca, acting as a minute-to-minute regulatory mechanism of Ca entry. ..
- Crocenzi F, Mottino A, Sánchez Pozzi E, Pellegrino J, Rodriguez Garay E, Milkiewicz P, et al. Impaired localisation and transport function of canalicular Bsep in taurolithocholate induced cholestasis in the rat. Gut. 2003;52:1170-7 pubmed..Taurolithocholate impairs bile salt secretion at the canalicular level. Bsep internalisation may be a causal factor which can be prevented by dibutyryl-cAMP. ..
- Barchiesi J, Castelli M, Di Venanzio G, Colombo M, García Véscovi E. The PhoP/PhoQ system and its role in Serratia marcescens pathogenesis. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:2949-61 pubmed publisher..We have shown that the Serratia PhoP/PhoQ system is involved in prevention of the delivery to degradative/acidic compartments...
- Bulacio R, Hazelhoff M, Torres A. Renal expression and function of oat1 and oat3 in rats with vascular calcification. Pharmacology. 2012;90:66-77 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the relevance of considering the existence of vascular calcification, which is common in ageing, when organic anion drugs are prescribed. ..
- Pérez L, Milkiewicz P, Elias E, Coleman R, Sanchez Pozzi E, Roma M. Oxidative stress induces internalization of the bile salt export pump, Bsep, and bile salt secretory failure in isolated rat hepatocyte couplets: a role for protein kinase C and prevention by protein kinase A. Toxicol Sci. 2006;91:150-8 pubmed..Alterations in actin organization may be a causal factor...
- Catalano Dupuy D, López Rivero A, Soldano A, Ceccarelli E. Redox proteins as targets for drugs development against pathogens. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:2594-605 pubmed..Research in these redox pathways will open new perspectives for the rational design of drugs against infectious diseases. ..
- Caminos A, Panozzo Zénere E, Wilkinson S, Tekwani B, Labadie G. Synthesis and antikinetoplastid activity of a series of N,N'-substituted diamines. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012;22:1712-5 pubmed publisher..We conclude that members of this series of N,N'-substituted diamines provide new lead structures that have potential to treat trypanosomal and leishmanial infections...
- Lardizábal M, Nocito A, Daniele S, Ornella L, Palatnik J, Veggi L. Reference genes for real-time PCR quantification of microRNAs and messenger RNAs in rat models of hepatotoxicity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36323 pubmed publisher..Finally, the combination of MicroRNA-16/5S Ribosomal RNA and Beta 2 Microglobulin/18S Ribosomal RNA were validated as optimal reference genes for microRNA and mRNA quantification, respectively, in rat models of acute hepatotoxicity. ..
- Garcia F, Kierbel A, Larocca M, Gradilone S, Splinter P, LaRusso N, et al. The water channel aquaporin-8 is mainly intracellular in rat hepatocytes, and its plasma membrane insertion is stimulated by cyclic AMP. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12147-52 pubmed..These studies also suggest that aquaporins contribute to water transport in cAMP-stimulated hepatocytes, a process that could be relevant to regulated hepatocyte bile secretion. ..
- Brandoni A, Torres A. Expression of renal Oat5 and NaDC1 transporters in rats with acute biliary obstruction. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:8817-25 pubmed publisher..Using the outward gradient of citrate generated by NaDC1, Oat5 can reabsorb/eliminate different organic anions of pathophysiological importance. ..
- Ferretti A, Larocca M, Favre C. Nutritional stress in eukaryotic cells: oxidative species and regulation of survival in time of scarceness. Mol Genet Metab. 2012;105:186-92 pubmed publisher..Key results on yeast stationary phase survival and the contribution of such genetics studies are discussed...
- Favaro F, Alvizi L, Zechi Ceide R, Bertola D, Felix T, de Souza J, et al. A noncoding expansion in EIF4A3 causes Richieri-Costa-Pereira syndrome, a craniofacial disorder associated with limb defects. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:120-8 pubmed publisher..Our data thus suggest that RCPS is caused by mutations in EIF4A3 and show that EIF4A3, a gene involved in RNA metabolism, plays a role in mandible, laryngeal, and limb morphogenesis. ..
- Pérez L, Milkiewicz P, Ahmed Choudhury J, Elias E, Ochoa J, Sanchez Pozzi E, et al. Oxidative stress induces actin-cytoskeletal and tight-junctional alterations in hepatocytes by a Ca2+ -dependent, PKC-mediated mechanism: protective effect of PKA. Free Radic Biol Med. 2006;40:2005-17 pubmed..We conclude that ROS induce hepatocellular actin-cytoskeleton rearrangement and tight-junctional impairment by a PKC-mediated, Ca2+ -dependent mechanism, which is counteracted by PKA. ..
- Bottasso O, Morales Montor J. Neuroimmunomodulation during infectious diseases: mechanisms, causes and consequences for the host. Neuroimmunomodulation. 2009;16:65-7 pubmed publisher..We hope that our readers will find the first ever special issue devoted to neuroimmunomodulation and infectious diseases fascinating and enticing. ..
- Crocenzi F, Sanchez Pozzi E, Ruiz M, Zucchetti A, Roma M, Mottino A, et al. Ca(2+)-dependent protein kinase C isoforms are critical to estradiol 17beta-D-glucuronide-induced cholestasis in the rat. Hepatology. 2008;48:1885-95 pubmed publisher..This is consistent with increased autophosphorylation of cPKC by E(2)17G, as detected via western blotting...
- Manarin R, Bottasso E, Bottasso O, Serra E, Revelli S. Beneficial effects of benznidazole during an infectious-based situation of systemic inflammatory response: cecal ligation and puncture. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2008;79:793-6 pubmed..BZL failed to inhibit in vitro bacterial growth, suggesting that these effects may be partly caused by the immunomodulatory effects of BZL. ..
- Mignini L, Khan K. Methodological quality of systematic reviews of animal studies: a survey of reviews of basic research. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2006;6:10 pubmed..There is a need for rigour when reviewing animal research. ..
- Molinas S, Trumper L, Serra E, Elías M. Evolution of renal function and Na+, K +-ATPase expression during ischaemia-reperfusion injury in rat kidney. Mol Cell Biochem. 2006;287:33-42 pubmed..Although ATP and Na+, K+-ATPase activity returned to control values, postischemic kidney showed an abnormal function after 48 h of reflow. ..
- Mansilla M, Banchio C, de Mendoza D. Signalling pathways controlling fatty acid desaturation. Subcell Biochem. 2008;49:71-99 pubmed publisher..Here, we review recently discovered components and mechanisms of the regulatory machinery governing the transcription of fatty acid desaturases in bacteria, yeast and animals. ..
- Villar S, Brandoni A, Quaglia N, Torres A. Renal elimination of organic anions in rats with bilateral ureteral obstruction. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1688:204-9 pubmed..The diminished Na,K-ATPase activity in cortex from obstructed kidneys might condition OAT1 function. Additionally, it is also possible to conclude that in the presence of BUO, PAH clearance is not a good estimate of renal plasma flow. ..
- Larocca M, Ochoa E, Rodriguez Garay E, Marinelli R. Protein kinase C-dependent inhibition of the lysosomal degradation of endocytosed proteins in rat hepatocytes. Cell Signal. 2002;14:641-7 pubmed
- Perez A, Berbert L, Lepletier A, Revelli S, Bottasso O, Silva Barbosa S, et al. TNF-? is involved in the abnormal thymocyte migration during experimental Trypanosoma cruzi infection and favors the export of immature cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34360 pubmed publisher..Conceptually, this work reinforces the notion that thymocyte migration is a multivectorial biological event in health and disease, and that TNF-? is a further player in the process. ..
- Arias A, Villanueva S, Ruiz M, Luquita M, Veggi L, Pellegrino J, et al. Regulation of expression and activity of rat intestinal multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 by cholestatic estrogens. Drug Metab Dispos. 2009;37:1277-85 pubmed publisher..This finding represents an aggravation of deteriorated hepatic Mrp2 function that could further increase bioavailability of specific xenobiotics after oral exposure. ..
- Di Giusto G, Torres A. Organic anion transporter 5 renal expression and urinary excretion in rats exposed to mercuric chloride: a potential biomarker of mercury-induced nephropathy. Arch Toxicol. 2010;84:741-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that urinary excretion of Oat5 might be an early indicator of mercury-induced nephropathy, which predicts the perturbation before the manifestation of histopathological damages...
- Luquita M, Catania V, Pozzi E, Veggi L, Hoffman T, Pellegrino J, et al. Molecular basis of perinatal changes in UDP-glucuronosyltransferase activity in maternal rat liver. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001;298:49-56 pubmed..The data indicated that prolactin was able to increase expression of UGT1A6 (protein and mRNA) but not 1A1. Thus, prolactin is the likely mediator of the increased expression of UGT1A6 observed in maternal liver postpartum. ..
- Crocenzi F, Sisti A, Pellegrino J, Roma M. Role of bile salts in colchicine-induced hepatotoxicity. Implications for hepatocellular integrity and function. Toxicology. 1997;121:127-42 pubmed..They also support the view that functional integrity of vesicular mechanisms presumably involved in membrane repair are indispensable to protect the hepatocytes from the damaging effect of bile salts during normal bile formation. ..
- Krapf D, Vidal M, Arranz S, Cabada M. Characterization and biological properties of L-HGP, a glycoprotein from the amphibian oviduct with acrosome-stabilizing effects. Biol Cell. 2006;98:403-13 pubmed..L-HGP, when purified from egg water, protects the sperm acrosome from breakdown induced by hypotonic solutions...
- Molinas S, Trumper L, Marinelli R. Mitochondrial aquaporin-8 in renal proximal tubule cells: evidence for a role in the response to metabolic acidosis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;303:F458-66 pubmed publisher..05). These data suggest that mtAQP8 plays an important role in the adaptive response of proximal tubule to acidosis possibly facilitating mitochondrial ammonia transport. ..
- Zacarías Fluck M, Rico M, Gervasoni S, Ilarregui J, Toscano M, Rabinovich G, et al. Low-dose cyclophosphamide modulates galectin-1 expression and function in an experimental rat lymphoma model. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2007;56:237-48 pubmed
- Braia M, Tubio G, Nerli B, Loh W, Romanini D. Analysis of the interactions between Eudragit® L100 and porcine pancreatic trypsin by calorimetric techniques. Int J Biol Macromol. 2012;50:180-6 pubmed publisher..These findings could be useful in different protocols such as a protein isolation strategy, immobilization or purification of a target protein. ..
- Ponce León P, Foresto P, Valverde J. [Larval stages of Ascaris lumbricoides: hyaluronan-binding capacity]. Invest Clin. 2009;50:5-12 pubmed..lumbricoides. This receptor eventually might compete with the usual receptors of the host. The parasite might use this mechanism to evade the immune response. ..
- Rico M, Rozados V, Mainetti L, Zacarias Fluck M, Matar P, Scharovsky O. Regulatory T cells but not NKT I cells are modulated by a single low-dose cyclophosphamide in a B cell lymphoma tumor-model. Exp Oncol. 2012;34:38-42 pubmed..On the contrary, natural killer T I cells were not modulated by the treatment. The antimetastatic effect of a single low dose of Cy would be due, at least in part, to downregulation of natural and inducible T regulatory cells. ..