Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in San Luis, Argentina
Locale: San Luis, Argentina
- Casais M, Delgado S, Vallcaneras S, Sosa Z, Rastrilla A. Nitric oxide in prepubertal rat ovary contribution of the ganglionic nitric oxide synthase system via superior ovarian nerve. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2007;28:39-44 pubmed..These data suggest that the greatest production of NO in the ovarian compartment comes from the ovary, mainly the iNOS isoform, though the coeliac ganglion also contributes through the superior ovarian nerve but with less quantity. ..
- Oliveros L, Domeniconi M, Vega V, Gatica L, Brigada A, Gimenez M. Vitamin A deficiency modifies lipid metabolism in rat liver. Br J Nutr. 2007;97:263-72 pubmed..The incorporation of vitamin A into the diet of vitamin A-deficient rats reverted all the changes observed. ..
- Alvarez M, Maria A, Villegas O, Saad J. Evaluation of diuretic activity of the constituents of Clematis montevidensis Spreng. (Ranunculaceae) in rats. Phytother Res. 2003;17:958-60 pubmed..This effect could be due, at least in part, to the presence of oleanolic acid isolated from this plant...
- Sánchez S, Seltzer A, Fuentes L, Forneris M, Ciuffo G. Inhibition of Angiotensin II receptors during pregnancy induces malformations in developing rat kidney. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;588:114-23 pubmed publisher..These observations confirm previous assumptions that in the developing kidney Angiotensin II exerts stimulatory effects through AT(1) receptors that might be counterbalanced by angiotensin AT(2) receptors. ..
- Daneri C, Orozco A, Bronzi D, Mohn C, Rastrilla A, Sosa Z. Involvement of the ganglion cholinergic receptors in gonadotropin-releasing hormone, catecholamines, and progesterone release in the rat ovary. Fertil Steril. 2013;99:2062-70 pubmed publisher..To investigate whether cholinergic ganglionic stimulus modifies the release of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), catecholamines, and progesterone at the ovarian level...
- Pedernera A, Guardia T, Calderón C, Rotelli A, de la Rocha N, Genaro S, et al. Anti-ulcerogenic and anti-inflammatory activity of the methanolic extract of Larrea divaricata Cav. in rat. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006;105:415-20 pubmed..The extract proved to possess elevated free radical scavenging capacity which may contribute to the observed gastric anti-ulcerogenic and anti-inflammatory activity...
- Sosa Z, Palmada M, Fóscolo M, Capani F, Conill A, Cavicchia J. Administration of noradrenaline in the autonomic ganglia modifies the testosterone release from the testis using an ex vivo system. Int J Androl. 2009;32:391-8 pubmed publisher..These results make it evident that not only the classical and well-known hypothalamus-hypophysial axis, but also the peripheral nervous system, via the autonomic ganglia, are directly involved in the endocrine control of the testis. ..
- Favier L, María A, Wendel G, Borkowski E, Giordano O, Pelzer L, et al. Anti-ulcerogenic activity of xanthanolide sesquiterpenes from Xanthium cavanillesii in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005;100:260-7 pubmed
- Seguin L, Villarreal R, Ciuffo G. AT?receptors recruit c-Src, SHP-1 and FAK upon activation by Ang II in PND15 rat hindbrain. Neurochem Int. 2012;60:199-207 pubmed publisher..In this model, we showed a complex containing AT(2)/SHP-1/c-Src/p85FAK, suggesting a potential role of Ang II AT(2) receptors in cerebellar development and neuronal differentiation. ..
- Sánchez S, Arce M, Fuentes L, Ciuffo G. Prenatal blockade of Ang II receptors affects neonatal rat hindbrain structure and receptor localization. Exp Neurol. 2009;220:246-54 pubmed publisher..The present study makes a contribution to understand the role of Ang II receptors during hindbrain development. ..
- Errasti M, Caffini N, Pelzer L, Rotelli A. Evaluation of anti-inflammatory activity of Pseudananas macrodontes (Morr.) Harms (Bromeliaceae) fruit extract in rats. Z Naturforsch C. 2013;68:445-52 pubmed
- Rinaldi Tosi M, Bocanegra V, Manucha W, Gil Lorenzo A, Valles P. The Nrf2-Keap1 cellular defense pathway and heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) response. Role in protection against oxidative stress in early neonatal unilateral ureteral obstruction (UUO). Cell Stress Chaperones. 2011;16:57-68 pubmed publisher..Impaired ability to mount the biological response to the prevailing oxidative stress leading to renal injury was shown in prolonged obstruction. ..
- Biaggio V, Pérez Chaca M, Valdez S, Gomez N, Gimenez M. Alteration in the expression of inflammatory parameters as a result of oxidative stress produced by moderate zinc deficiency in rat lung. Exp Lung Res. 2010;36:31-44 pubmed publisher..Perhaps, zinc deficiency implications must be taken into account in health interventions because inflammation and prooxidant environment are associated with ZD in lung. ..
- Calvo J, Calvente V, de Orellano M, Benuzzi D, Sanz de Tosetti M. Biological control of postharvest spoilage caused by Penicillium expansum and Botrytis cinerea in apple by using the bacterium Rahnella aquatilis. Int J Food Microbiol. 2007;113:251-7 pubmed..expansum at 4 degrees C was 60%. The results obtained show that R. aquatilis would be an interesting microorganism to be used as a biocontrol agent...
- Alvarez S, Seguin L, Villarreal R, Nahmias C, Ciuffo G. Involvement of c-Src tyrosine kinase in SHP-1 phosphatase activation by Ang II AT2 receptors in rat fetal tissues. J Cell Biochem. 2008;105:703-11 pubmed publisher..Thus, we clearly establish that SHP-1 activation, mediated by the AT(2) subtype, involves c-Src and precedes protein tyrosine dephosphorylation, in rat fetal membranes. ..
- Casais M, Delgado S, Sosa Z, Rastrilla A. Involvement of the coeliac ganglion in the luteotrophic effect of androstenedione in late pregnant rats. Reproduction. 2006;131:361-8 pubmed
- Villarreal R, Alvarez S, Ayub M, Ciuffo G. Angiotensin II modulates tyr-phosphorylation of IRS-4, an insulin receptor substrate, in rat liver membranes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2006;293:35-46 pubmed..In summary, we showed that Ins induces tyr-phosphorylation of IRS-4, an effect modulated by Ang II. Assays performed in the presence of different inhibitors points toward a PI3K involvement in this signaling pathway. ..