Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Anguilla
Publications275 found, 100 shown here
- Barker T, Pallero M, MacEwen M, Tilden S, Woods A, Murphy Ullrich J, et al. Thrombospondin-1-induced focal adhesion disassembly in fibroblasts requires Thy-1 surface expression, lipid raft integrity, and Src activation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:23510-6 pubmed..This represents a novel role for Thy-1 in the regulation of fibroblast-matrix interactions critical to tissue homeostasis and remodeling. ..
- Guo X, Yang T. Endothelin B receptor antagonism in the rat renal medulla reduces urine flow rate and sodium excretion. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2006;231:1001-5 pubmed
- Na T, Dai D, Tang X, Dai Y. Upregulation of leptin pathway correlates with abnormal expression of SERCA2a, phospholamban and the endothelin pathway in heart failure and reversal by CPU86017. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2007;375:39-49 pubmed..The multi-ion-channel-blocking and antioxidative effects of CPU86017 downregulate the leptin pathway and ET system, resulting in reversal of the abnormalities of expression of SERCA2a and PLB and cardiac performance in CHF. ..
- Chen J, Zhang J, Zhao Y, Yuan L, Nie X, Li J, et al. Hyperalgesia in response to traumatic occlusion and GFAP expression in rat parabrachial [correction of parabranchial] nucleus: modulation with fluorocitrate. Cell Tissue Res. 2007;329:231-7 pubmed..However, although astrocytes in PBN are thus probably involved in causing post-occlusal hyperalgesia, we have not been able to exclude that astrocytes at other locations also contribute to this effect. ..
- Li M, Thompson D, Paralkar V. Prostaglandin E(2) receptors in bone formation. Int Orthop. 2007;31:767-72 pubmed..This review will focus on the studies related to bone formation and bone healing in the EP receptor knockout (KO) mice and the EP2 or EP4 receptor-selective agonist treated animal models. ..
- Li P, Li Y, Han T. NR2A-containing NMDA receptors are required for LTP induction in rat dorsolateral striatum in vitro. Brain Res. 2009;1274:40-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the induction of LTP by HFS in the dorsolateral striatum is NMDAR-dependent and requires NR2A-containing NMDARs, not NR2B-containing NMDARs. ..
- Joung I, Yoo M, Woo J, Chang C, Heo H, Kwon Y. Secretion of EGF-like domain of heregulin? promotes axonal growth and functional recovery of injured sciatic nerve. Mol Cells. 2010;30:477-84 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, sensory and motor functions were significantly improved in sHRG?E-Ad treated animals when evaluated by a behavioral test. These results suggest a therapeutic potential for sHRG?E-Ad in treatment of peripheral nerve injury. ..
- Mengesha A, Youan B. Anticancer activity and nutritional value of extracts of the seed of Glinus lotoides. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2010;56:311-8 pubmed..The amount of protein, carbohydrate, fat, ash, moisture, sugar profile and fatty acids further support the nutritional value of the seeds...
- Feng P, Wei J, Zhang Z. Intervention of selenium on chronic fluorosis-induced injury of blood antioxidant capacity in rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2011;144:1024-31 pubmed publisher..5 mg/L. On the basis of results, the preventive effect of selenium was superior to treatment effect on the oxidative stress induced by an overdose of fluoride...
- Wahome N, Pfeiffer T, Ambiel I, Yang Y, Keppler O, Bosch V, et al. Conformation-specific display of 4E10 and 2F5 epitopes on self-assembling protein nanoparticles as a potential HIV vaccine. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2012;80:349-57 pubmed publisher..However, none of the sera displayed a detectable neutralizing activity against HIV-1. Thus, 4E10- and 2F5-like neutralizing antibodies could not be elicited by MPER conformationally restrained in the SAPN context. ..
- Bowman B, Kumar N, Hassan S, McMullan S, Goodchild A. Brain sources of inhibitory input to the rat rostral ventrolateral medulla. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:213-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, limited brain regions contribute GABAergic and/or enkephalinergic input to the RVLM. Multiple neurochemically distinct pathways originate from these brain regions projecting to the RVLM. ..
- Brouwer K, Daamen W, van Lochem N, Reijnen D, Wijnen R, van Kuppevelt T. Construction and in vivo evaluation of a dual layered collagenous scaffold with a radial pore structure for repair of the diaphragm. Acta Biomater. 2013;9:6844-51 pubmed publisher..Elongated cells (SMA-positive) were aligned with the radial structures. In conclusion, collagenous scaffolds with a stable radial pore structure can be constructed which facilitate cellular in-growth and alignment in vivo...
- Cui J, Wang J, Zheng M, Gou D, Liu C, Zhou Y. Ginsenoside Rg2 protects PC12 cells against ?-amyloid25-35-induced apoptosis via the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;275:152-161 pubmed publisher..These findings unambiguously suggested that the protective effect of ginsenoside Rg2 against A?25-35-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells was associated with enhancement of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Eto I. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of the promoter region of mouse cyclin D1 gene: implication in phorbol ester-induced tumour promotion. Cell Prolif. 2000;33:167-87 pubmed
- Yuan Y, Beitner Johnson D, Millhorn D. Hypoxia-inducible factor 2alpha binds to cobalt in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;288:849-54 pubmed..This suggests that transition metal such as iron may play a role in regulation of HIF-2alpha in vivo. ..
- Tuazon P, Lorenson M, Walker A, Traugh J. p21-activated protein kinase gamma-PAK in pituitary secretory granules phosphorylates prolactin. FEBS Lett. 2002;515:84-8 pubmed
- Sugita S, Ho A, Sudhof T. NECABs: a family of neuronal Ca(2+)-binding proteins with an unusual domain structure and a restricted expression pattern. Neuroscience. 2002;112:51-63 pubmed..We suggest that NECABs represent a novel family of regulatory Ca(2+)-binding proteins with an unusual domain structure and a limited expression in a subclass of neurons. ..
- Gao Y, Vrielink A, MacKenzie R, Sztul E. A novel type of regulation of the vimentin intermediate filament cytoskeleton by a Golgi protein. Eur J Cell Biol. 2002;81:391-401 pubmed..Our findings indicate that the Golgi protein FTCD is a potent modulator of the vimentin IF cytoskeleton, and suggest that the Golgi might act as a reservoir for proteins that regulate cytoskeletal dynamics. ..
- Morgan M, Clayton C. Defensive behaviors evoked from the ventrolateral periaqueductal gray of the rat: comparison of opioid and GABA disinhibition. Behav Brain Res. 2005;164:61-6 pubmed
- Monga S, Micsenyi A, Germinaro M, Apte U, Bell A. beta-Catenin regulation during matrigel-induced rat hepatocyte differentiation. Cell Tissue Res. 2006;323:71-9 pubmed..Thus, beta-catenin undergoes multifactorial regulation during matrigel-induced hepatocyte differentiation and maturation; this induces its stabilization and membrane translocation, possibly contributing to hepatocyte differentiation. ..
- Mtchedlishvili Z, Kapur J. High-affinity, slowly desensitizing GABAA receptors mediate tonic inhibition in hippocampal dentate granule cells. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;69:564-75 pubmed
- Kramerov A, Saghizadeh M, Pan H, Kabosova A, Montenarh M, Ahmed K, et al. Expression of protein kinase CK2 in astroglial cells of normal and neovascularized retina. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:1722-36 pubmed..Based on its retinal localization, CK2 may be considered a new immunohistochemical astrocytic marker, and combination of CK2 inhibitors and octreotide may be a promising future treatment for proliferative retinopathies. ..
- Welham N, Marriott G, Bless D. Proteomic profiling of rat thyroarytenoid muscle. J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2006;49:671-85 pubmed..With these issues accounted for, 2D SDS-PAGE may be applied to quantitative experimental comparisons of normal and disease conditions affecting voice, speech, and swallowing function. ..
- Meyer E, Illig K, Brunjes P. Differences in chemo- and cytoarchitectural features within pars principalis of the rat anterior olfactory nucleus suggest functional specialization. J Comp Neurol. 2006;498:786-95 pubmed..The observed regional differences in cyto- and chemoarchitectural features may reflect functional heterogeneity within the AON. ..
- Ledeboer A, Mahoney J, Milligan E, Martin D, Maier S, Watkins L. Spinal cord glia and interleukin-1 do not appear to mediate persistent allodynia induced by intramuscular acidic saline in rats. J Pain. 2006;7:757-67 pubmed..As such, this might represent the first evidence for pain facilitation occurring in the absence of glial involvement. ..
- Kim S, Um S, Nam Y, Park S, Dong J, Ko S, et al. The effect of synthetic ceramide analogues on gastritis and esophagitis in rats. Arch Pharm Res. 2016;39:1313-23 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ceramide analogues, CY3325 and CY3723, can prevent the development of gastritis and reflux esophagitis in rats. ..
- Martin W, Gupta N, Loo C, Rohde D, Basbaum A. Differential effects of neurotoxic destruction of descending noradrenergic pathways on acute and persistent nociceptive processing. Pain. 1999;80:57-65 pubmed
- Shields J, Mehta H, Pruitt K, Der C. Opposing roles of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase cascades in Ras-mediated downregulation of tropomyosin. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2304-17 pubmed..Finally, treatment with azadeoxycytidine restored tropomyosin expression in Ras-transformed RIE-1, HT1080, and DLD-1 cells, suggesting a role for DNA methylation in downregulating tropomyosin expression. ..
- Schalinske K, Anderson S, Tuazon P, Chen O, Kennedy M, Eisenstein R. The iron-sulfur cluster of iron regulatory protein 1 modulates the accessibility of RNA binding and phosphorylation sites. Biochemistry. 1997;36:3950-8 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that significant structural changes occur in IRP1 during cluster insertion or removal that affect the accessibility to RNA binding and phosphorylation sites. ..
- MacDougall M. Refined mapping of the human dentin sialophosphoprotein (DSPP) gene within the critical dentinogenesis imperfecta type II and dentin dysplasia type II loci. Eur J Oral Sci. 1998;106 Suppl 1:227-33 pubmed..Both DSPP and DMP-1 have been placed on the physical map of human chromosome 4 within the interval defined by markers D4S564 and D4S1292. DSPP is thereby strengthened as a candidate gene for both DGI-II and DD-II. ..
- Goodrum J. Role of organotellurium species in tellurium neuropathy. Neurochem Res. 1998;23:1313-9 pubmed
- Chen J, Jin H, Ranly D, Sodek J, Boyan B. Altered expression of bone sialoproteins in vitamin D-deficient rBSP2.7Luc transgenic mice. J Bone Miner Res. 1999;14:221-9 pubmed..Moreover, the increased expression of the BSP transgene in the rachitic mice demonstrates that vitamin D3 regulation of BSP expression is mediated, in part, by element(s) within the 2.7 kb promoter region. ..
- Narotsky M, Best D, Guidici D, Cooper R. Strain comparisons of atrazine-induced pregnancy loss in the rat. Reprod Toxicol. 2001;15:61-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that atrazine-induced FLR is maternally mediated, and consistent with loss of LH support of the corpora lutea. ..
- Cunningham J, Grindstaff R, Grindstaff R, Sullivan M. Fos immunoreactivity in the diagonal band and the perinuclear zone of the supraoptic nucleus after hypertension and hypervolaemia in unanaesthetized rats. J Neuroendocrinol. 2002;14:219-27 pubmed..Furthermore, the activation of perinuclear zone of the supraoptic nucleus after volume expansion is not dependent on intact arterial baroreceptors. ..
- Ramamurthy N, Rifkin B, Greenwald R, Xu J, Liu Y, Turner G, et al. Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-mediated periodontal bone loss in rats: a comparison of 6 chemically modified tetracyclines. J Periodontol. 2002;73:726-34 pubmed..Since both conventional (antimicrobial) and non-antimicrobial tetracyclines inhibited periodontal bone resorption induced by endotoxin injection, MMP-mediated bone loss in this model can be prevented by inhibition of MMPs. ..
- Azanchi R, Bernal G, Gupta R, Keirstead H. Combined demyelination plus Schwann cell transplantation therapy increases spread of cells and axonal regeneration following contusion injury. J Neurotrauma. 2004;21:775-88 pubmed..These findings suggest that this combination therapy may overcome a central limitation of transplant strategies in which the permissive environment provided remains at the implantation site. ..
- Miller M, Michaylira C, Simmons J, Ney D, Dahly E, Heath J, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling-2: a growth hormone-inducible inhibitor of intestinal epithelial cell proliferation. Gastroenterology. 2004;127:570-81 pubmed..SOCS-2 null mice have increased intestinal weight and length. SOCS-2 is a GH-inducible, novel inhibitor of intestinal epithelial cell proliferation and intestinal growth. ..
- Zhao Z, Hu H, Shi S. [The optimization of the method of culturing neural stem cells in neonatal rat brain]. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2005;19:544-7 pubmed..EGF and bFGF had cooperative effect. A better method of isolating and culturing of NSCs in neonatal rat brain is established and the foundation for future research is laid. ..
- McKay T, Patel M, Pickles R, Johnson L, Olsen J. Influenza M2 envelope protein augments avian influenza hemagglutinin pseudotyping of lentiviral vectors. Gene Ther. 2006;13:715-24 pubmed..Lentiviral vectors pseudotyped with influenza envelope proteins were able to efficiently transduce via the apical membrane of polarized mouse tracheal cultures in vitro as well as mouse tracheal epithelia in vivo. ..
- Kosiek O, Busque S, Foller M, Shcheynikov N, Kirchhoff P, Bleich M, et al. SLC26A7 can function as a chloride-loading mechanism in parietal cells. Pflugers Arch. 2007;454:989-98 pubmed..There was no effect of the NKCC inhibitor bumetanide on stimulated H(+) extrusion. These results would be compatible with SLC26A7 as a Cl(-) uptake system under histamine stimulation. ..
- Kim S, Yun S, Lee E. The water extract of adlay seed (Coix lachrymajobi var. mayuen) exhibits anti-obesity effects through neuroendocrine modulation. Am J Chin Med. 2007;35:297-308 pubmed..These results suggest that adlay may regulate neuroendocrine activity in the brain. Accordingly, administration of adlay may be considered for therapies targeting obesity...
- Park M, Lee Y, Lee Y, Kim Y, Yun Y, Nam S, et al. Chemokines released from astrocytes promote chemokine receptor 5-mediated neuronal cell differentiation. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:2715-26 pubmed publisher..Bradykinin elevated calcium influx in the embryonic neuronal cells. These data suggest that specific chemokines derived from astrocytes may significantly have influence on the CCR5-mediated differentiation of embryonic neuronal cells. ..
- Alam I, Sun Q, Koller D, Liu L, Liu Y, Edenberg H, et al. Genes influencing spinal bone mineral density in inbred F344, LEW, COP, and DA rats. Funct Integr Genomics. 2010;10:63-72 pubmed publisher..Of these, 14 genes (Akap1, Asgr2, Esd, Fam101b, Irf1, Lcp1, Ltc4s, Mdp-1, Pdhb, Plxdc1, Rabep1, Rhot1, Slc2a4, Xpo4) were confirmed by qPCR. We identified several novel candidate genes influencing spinal vBMD in rats. ..
- Zheng Z, Yin Z, Gao W, Zhang H, Hu Y, Zhang S. [Effects of neurogenesin 1 gene on functional recovery of spinal cord injury in rats and its mechanism]. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2010;24:410-4 pubmed..05). Ng1 gene could promote the proliferation of endogenous neural stem cells and protect the injured neurons, which enhances the repair of the motor function after SCI. ..
- Carrier N, Kabbaj M. Testosterone and imipramine have antidepressant effects in socially isolated male but not female rats. Horm Behav. 2012;61:678-85 pubmed publisher..Testosterone and imipramine had anxiolytic and antidepressant effects in socially isolated male, but not female rats. Testosterone enhanced the effect of imipramine on cell proliferation in the hippocampus of male rats. ..
- Yu Y, Zhao Z, Chen X, Xie F, Yang Y, Chen J. Activation of tetrodotoxin-resistant sodium channel NaV1.9 in rat primary sensory neurons contributes to melittin-induced pain behavior. Neuromolecular Med. 2013;15:209-17 pubmed publisher..9, but not NaV1.8, in small-sized DRG neurons contributes to melittin-induced heat hypersensitivity. Furthermore, melittin-induced biological effect indicates a potential strategy to study properties of TTX-R sodium channels. ..
- Kim Y, Byun H, Jee B, Cho H, Seo Y, Kim Y, et al. Implications of time-series gene expression profiles of replicative senescence. Aging Cell. 2013;12:622-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reflect a detailed process of cellular senescence and provide diverse genome-wide information of cellular backgrounds for senescence. ..
- Yohn S, Lopez Cruz L, Hutson P, Correa M, Salamone J. Effects of lisdexamfetamine and s-citalopram, alone and in combination, on effort-related choice behavior in the rat. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2016;233:949-60 pubmed publisher..LDX can increase work output in rats responding on effort-based choice tasks, which may have implications for understanding the neurochemistry of motivational symptoms in humans. ..
- Gogate N, Swoveland P, Yamabe T, Verma L, Woyciechowska J, Tarnowska Dziduszko E, et al. Major histocompatibility complex class I expression on neurons in subacute sclerosing panencephalitis and experimental subacute measles encephalitis. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 1996;55:435-43 pubmed
- Lanoue L, Dehart D, Hinsdale M, Maeda N, Tint G, Sulik K. Limb, genital, CNS, and facial malformations result from gene/environment-induced cholesterol deficiency: further evidence for a link to sonic hedgehog. Am J Med Genet. 1997;73:24-31 pubmed
- Chiou W, Ma C, Chung S, Wu T, Jeong H. Similarity in the linear and non-linear oral absorption of drugs between human and rat. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2000;38:532-9 pubmed..The above findings may be valuable in drug development. ..
- Kles K, Wallig M, Tappenden K. Luminal nutrients exacerbate intestinal hypoxia in the hypoperfused jejunum. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2001;25:246-53 pubmed..Although early enteral nutrition is an important intervention after trauma, care must be taken to ensure intestinal perfusion is adequate to allow for nutrient metabolism and prevent further compromise. ..
- Overstreet D, Djuric V. A genetic rat model of cholinergic hypersensitivity: implications for chemical intolerance, chronic fatigue, and asthma. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2001;933:92-102 pubmed..An elucidation of these mechanisms may provide useful clues to those involved in chemical intolerance in humans. ..
- Sukotjo C, Abanmy A, Ogawa T, Nishimura I. Molecular cloning of wound inducible transcript (wit 3.0) differentially expressed in edentulous oral mucosa undergoing tooth extraction wound-healing. J Dent Res. 2002;81:229-35 pubmed..0 alpha) and 253-(wit 3.0 beta) amino-acid-long peptides with the characteristics of an intracellular molecule. Analysis of these data may provide new clues to the molecular mechanism of edentulous mucosa formation. ..
- Ogura M, Kita H. Effects of dynorphin on rat entopeduncular nucleus neurons in vitro. Neuroscience. 2002;114:973-82 pubmed..Thirdly, DYN might exert a direct inhibition of EP neurons. Thus, DYN released from striatal axons might control the activity of EP neurons by reducing the GABAergic transmission and also by hyperpolarizing postsynaptic membrane. ..
- Morilak D, Cecchi M, Khoshbouei H. Interactions of norepinephrine and galanin in the central amygdala and lateral bed nucleus of the stria terminalis modulate the behavioral response to acute stress. Life Sci. 2003;73:715-26 pubmed..Thus, the interaction of galanin and norepinephrine may be a viable target for the future development of novel therapeutic strategies for treating behavioral disorders related to stress or drug abuse. ..
- Ross A, Christian S, Zhao H, Drew K. Persistent tolerance to oxygen and nutrient deprivation and N-methyl-D-aspartate in cultured hippocampal slices from hibernating Arctic ground squirrel. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2006;26:1148-56 pubmed..Thus, tolerance to OND in slices from hAGS is due to intrinsic tissue properties likely involving NMDA receptors and ion channel arrest. ..
- Xu Z, Wang B, Wang X, Kuang F, Duan X, Jiao X, et al. ERK1/2 and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase mediate iNOS-induced spinal neuron degeneration after acute traumatic spinal cord injury. Life Sci. 2006;79:1895-905 pubmed..Strategies directed to blocking the initiation of this cascade prove to be beneficial for the treatment of acute SCI. ..
- Yu W, Liu C, Liu Y, Zhang N, Xu W. Mannan-modified solid lipid nanoparticles for targeted gene delivery to alveolar macrophages. Pharm Res. 2010;27:1584-96 pubmed publisher..One major problem with SLN is the lack of cell-targeting ability. In the present study, a mannan-based PE-grafted ligand was synthesized and used for the surface modification of DNA-loaded cationic SLN to prepare Man-SLN-DNA...
- Qi W, Yan Y, Wang P, Lei W. The co-effect of Cordyceps sinensis and strontium on osteoporosis in ovariectomized osteopenic rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2011;141:216-23 pubmed publisher..The data provide an important proof of concept that CSS might be a new potential therapy for the management of postmenopausal osteoporosis in humans. ..
- Macdermed D, Khodarev N, Pitroda S, Edwards D, Pelizzari C, Huang L, et al. MUC1-associated proliferation signature predicts outcomes in lung adenocarcinoma patients. BMC Med Genomics. 2010;3:16 pubmed publisher..These data provide potential new prognostic biomarkers and treatment targets for lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Hu X, Du J, Tong C, Wang S, Liu J, Li Y, et al. Epidemic status of Angiostrongylus cantonensis in Hainan island, China. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2011;4:275-7 pubmed publisher..Health education, rigorous food inspection and surveillance are all needed to prevent angiostrongyliasis outbreaks in future. ..
- Thomson S, Rieg T, MIRACLE C, Mansoury H, Whaley J, Vallon V, et al. Acute and chronic effects of SGLT2 blockade on glomerular and tubular function in the early diabetic rat. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;302:R75-83 pubmed publisher..In summary, TGF contributes to long-term fluid and salt balance by mediating a persistent decline in SNGFR as the kidney adapts to a sustained decrease in Jprox. ..
- Kwak H, Nam J, Song J, No Z, Yang S, Cheon H. Discovery of a novel orally active PDE-4 inhibitor effective in an ovalbumin-induced asthma murine model. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;685:141-8 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that a novel PDE-4 inhibitor, PDE-423, has good pharmacological profiles implicating this as a potential candidate for the development of a new anti-asthmatic drug. ..
- Park P, Moon B, Lee S, Kim S, Kim A, Kim H, et al. Hair growth-promoting effect of Aconiti Ciliare Tuber extract mediated by the activation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Life Sci. 2012;91:935-43 pubmed publisher..This is the first report indicating benefits of ACT extract in hair loss prevention by triggering the activation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway and induction of the anagen hair growth in mice. ..
- Park J, Recht L, Josan S, Merchant M, Jang T, Yen Y, et al. Metabolic response of glioma to dichloroacetate measured in vivo by hyperpolarized (13)C magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:433-41 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to improve the detection of (13)C-labeled metabolites, in particular bicarbonate, in glioma and normal brain in vivo and to measure the metabolic response to dichloroacetate, which upregulates PDH activity...
- Kwon M, Kim J, Shin H, Jeong S, Kang Y, Choi J, et al. Contribution of macrophages to enhanced regenerative capacity of dorsal root ganglia sensory neurons by conditioning injury. J Neurosci. 2013;33:15095-108 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the neuron-macrophage interactions involved in eliciting a proregenerative phenotype in macrophages may be a novel target to induce long-lasting regenerative processes after axonal injuries in the CNS. ..
- Alija A, Bajraktari I, Bresgen N, Bojaxhi E, Krenn M, Asllani F, et al. Cyto- and genotoxic potential of water samples from polluted areas in Kosovo. Environ Monit Assess. 2016;188:501 pubmed publisher..Further investigations addressing the chemical composition of the samples and the identification of the toxicants responsible for the cytotoxic effects found will be carried out in a next step. ..
- Ngolab J, Trinh I, Rockenstein E, Mante M, Florio J, Trejo M, et al. Brain-derived exosomes from dementia with Lewy bodies propagate Î±-synuclein pathology. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2017;5:46 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that exosomes from DLB patients are sufficient for seeding and propagating Î±-syn aggregation in vivo. ..
- Hata Y, Butz S, Sudhof T. CASK: a novel dlg/PSD95 homolog with an N-terminal calmodulin-dependent protein kinase domain identified by interaction with neurexins. J Neurosci. 1996;16:2488-94 pubmed
- Pesold C, Liu W, Guidotti A, Costa E, Caruncho H. Cortical bitufted, horizontal, and Martinotti cells preferentially express and secrete reelin into perineuronal nets, nonsynaptically modulating gene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:3217-22 pubmed
- Davidson B, Knight P, Helinski J, Nader N, Shanley T, Johnson K. The role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in the pathogenesis of aspiration pneumonitis in rats. Anesthesiology. 1999;91:486-99 pubmed..However, the reduction in acid-induced lung injury by anti-TNF-alpha treatment indicates that TNF-alpha plays a role in the pathogenesis of aspiration pneumonitis. ..
- Provenzano P, Lakes R, Keenan T, Vanderby R. Nonlinear ligament viscoelasticity. Ann Biomed Eng. 2001;29:908-14 pubmed..25) The above results from rat MCLs are not consistent with a separable QLV theory. Inclusion of these nonlinearities would require a more general formulation. ..
- Binkley N, Krueger D, Engelke J, Crenshaw T, Suttie J. Vitamin K supplementation does not affect ovariectomy-induced bone loss in rats. Bone. 2002;30:897-900 pubmed..Finally, femoral biomechanical properties were not affected by phylloquinone or MK4. To conclude, in this study, neither high-dose phylloquinone nor MK4 reduced the ovx-associated increase in bone turnover or decline in DFBMD. ..
- Bick R, Poindexter B, Sweney R, Dasgupta A. Effects of Chan Su, a traditional Chinese medicine, on the calcium transients of isolated cardiomyocytes: cardiotoxicity due to more than Na, K-ATPase blocking. Life Sci. 2002;72:699-709 pubmed
- Cowan D, Jones M, Garcia L, Noria S, del Nido P, McGowan F. Hypoxia and stretch regulate intercellular communication in vascular smooth muscle cells through reactive oxygen species formation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2003;23:1754-60 pubmed..Hypoxia and stretch increased gap junctional intercellular communication in VSMCs attributable to enhanced connexin43 expression initiated by reactive oxygen species formation. ..
- Agah S, Larson J, Henzl M. Impact of proline residues on parvalbumin stability. Biochemistry. 2003;42:10886-95 pubmed..0 degrees higher than wild-type alpha. The observed differences in stability resulting from proline addition/removal are largely consistent with alterations in main-chain and side-chain conformational entropy. ..
- Chen W, Sim M. Effects of des-aspartate-angiotensin I on the expression of angiotensin AT1 and AT2 receptors in ventricles of hypertrophic rat hearts. Regul Pept. 2004;117:207-12 pubmed..The present findings provide new information regarding the relationship between cardiac hypertrophy and the angiotensin receptors, and the anti-cardiac hypertrophic actions of DAA-I via the AT1 receptors. ..
- Talic N, Evans C, Daniel J, George A, Zaki A. Immunohistochemical localization of alphavbeta3 integrin receptor during experimental tooth movement. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2004;125:178-84 pubmed..The alphavbeta3 integrin adhesion receptor is expressed during experimental tooth movement and might be involved in the process of mineralized tissue resorption and the functions of the epithelial rests of Malassez. ..
- Kwak S, Kriven W, Wallig M, Choy J. Inorganic delivery vector for intravenous injection. Biomaterials. 2004;25:5995-6001 pubmed..In vivo testing of empty LDH administered to adult male Sprague Dawley rats was done to evaluate the possibility of using LDH as an injectable drug delivery vehicle...
- Wang Y, He Q, Qin H, Xu J, Tong J, Gao L, et al. The complement C5b-9 complexes induced injury of glomerular mesangial cells in rats with Thy-1 nephritis by increasing nitric oxide synthesis. Life Sci. 2006;79:182-92 pubmed..The pathologic changes of GMCs in Thy-1 N are indeed complement C5b-9-dependent, and the glomerular injury can be mediated in part through elevation of NO from the GMCs after the sublytic C5b-9 stimulation...
- Lee J, Jin C, Kim Y, Ryu S, Lim S, Lee M. Effects of anonaine on dopamine biosynthesis and L-DOPA-induced cytotoxicity in PC12 cells. Molecules. 2008;13:475-87 pubmed..These results suggest that anonaine inhibits dopamine biosynthesis by mainly reducing TH activity without aggravating L-DOPA-induced cytotoxicity in PC12 cells. ..
- Huang M, Kempuraj D, Papadopoulou N, Kourelis T, Donelan J, Manola A, et al. Urocortin induces interleukin-6 release from rat cardiomyocytes through p38 MAP kinase, ERK and NF-kappaB activation. J Mol Endocrinol. 2009;42:397-405 pubmed publisher..The precise role of cardiac Ucn in vivo remains to be elucidated. ..
- Pyo Y, Seong K. Hypolipidemic effects of Monascus-fermented soybean extracts in rats fed a high-fat and -cholesterol diet. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:8617-22 pubmed publisher..01). The results indicate that MFSE performs a more potent hypolipidemic action via improvement of the lipid profiles and down-regulated HMG-CoA reductase activity than UFSE in hyperlipidemic rats...
- Li N, He J, Zhan Y, Zhou N, Zhang J. Design, synthesis and preliminary evaluation of novel imperatorin derivatives as vasorelaxant agents. Med Chem. 2011;7:18-23 pubmed..12 µM). The program Volsurf was used to predict the derivatives' ADME-relevant descriptors. The results suggested that these novel compounds had a potential interest for the development of novel and potent vasorelaxant agents. ..
- Gorgal T, Charrua A, Silva J, Avelino A, Dinis P, Cruz F. Expression of apoptosis-regulating genes in the rat prostate following botulinum toxin type A injection. BMC Urol. 2012;12:1 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that OnabotA activates apoptotic pathways in the rat prostate through a mechanism that involves sympathetic outflow impairment. ..