Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein transport in Anguilla
Topic: protein transport
- Teng Y, Zhang X. Apoptotic activity and sub-cellular localization of a T4SS-associated CagE-homologue in Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans. Microb Pathog. 2005;38:125-32 pubmed..Thus, CagE-homologue may be critically involved in A. actinomycetemcomitans-induced tissue destruction, inflammation and subsequent adverse immunity in periodontal pathogenesis. ..
- Fedorenko G, Uzdensky A. Cellular structures involved in the transport processes and neuroglial interactions in the crayfish stretch receptor. J Integr Neurosci. 2009;8:433-40 pubmed..The neuroglial transport could also be performed by diffusion across the intercellular space. These data indicate the significant neuroglial exchange with cellular components. ..
- Chen X, Kong X, Zhuang W, Teng B, Yu X, Hua S, et al. Dynamic changes in protein interaction between AKAP95 and Cx43 during cell cycle progression of A549 cells. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21224 pubmed publisher..dynamic interaction between AKAP95 and Cx43 varies with cell cycle progression to regulate multiple biological processes. ..
- Mili S, Macara I. RNA localization and polarity: from A(PC) to Z(BP). Trends Cell Biol. 2009;19:156-64 pubmed publisher..The description of a new RNA localization pathway involving the tumor-suppressor protein APC raises questions regarding coordination between distinct localization pathways and their effects on protein function and cell polarity. ..
- Roggero V, Zhang J, Parente L, Doshi Y, Dziedzic R, McGregor E, et al. Nuclear import of the thyroid hormone receptor Î±1 is mediated by importin 7, importin Î²1, and adaptor importin Î±1. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;419:185-97 pubmed publisher..Coimmunoprecipitation assays confirmed that TRÎ±1 interacts with importin 7, as well as importin Î²1 and the adapter importin Î±1, suggesting that TRÎ±1 trafficking into the nucleus is mediated by two distinct pathways. ..
- Merrick E, Kalmar C, Snyder S, Cusdin F, Yu E, Sando J, et al. The importance of serine 161 in the sodium channel beta3 subunit for modulation of Na(V)1.2 gating. Pflugers Arch. 2010;460:743-53 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that modification of beta3S161 may be important in modulating Na-channel gating. ..
- Margulis N, Wilson J, Bentivoglio C, Dhungel N, Gitler A, Barlowe C. Analysis of COPII Vesicles Indicates a Role for the Emp47-Ssp120 Complex in Transport of Cell Surface Glycoproteins. Traffic. 2016;17:191-210 pubmed publisher..Our findings support a model in which the Emp47-Ssp120 complex functions in transport of plasma membrane glycoproteins through the early secretory pathway. ..
- Jones J, Wang H, Karanam B, Theodore S, Dean Colomb W, Welch D, et al. Nuclear localization of Kaiso promotes the poorly differentiated phenotype and EMT in infiltrating ductal carcinomas. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2014;31:497-510 pubmed publisher..Immunofluorescence co-staining of poorly differentiated IDCs demonstrated that nuclear Kaiso is associated with a loss of E-cadherin expression. These findings support a role for Kaiso in promoting aggressive breast tumors. ..
- Guo R, Yu F, Gao Z, An H, Cao X, Guo X. GhWRKY3, a novel cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) WRKY gene, is involved in diverse stress responses. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:49-58 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that GhWRKY3 might play an important role in plant defense responses and fulfill a pivotal role in plant development. ..
- Watkins W, Menon A. Reconstitution of phospholipid flippase activity from E. coli inner membrane: a test of the protein translocon as a candidate flippase. Biol Chem. 2002;383:1435-40 pubmed..We conclude that the protein translocon contributes minimally, if at all, to phospholipid flippase activity in the inner membrane. ..
- Ailion M, Hannemann M, Dalton S, Pappas A, Watanabe S, Hegermann J, et al. Two Rab2 interactors regulate dense-core vesicle maturation. Neuron. 2014;82:167-80 pubmed publisher..RUND-1 also interacts with the Rab2 GAP protein TBC-8 and the BAR domain protein RIC-19, a RAB-2 effector. In summary, a pathway of conserved proteins controls the maturation of dense-core vesicles at the trans-Golgi network...
- Szczesna Skorupa E, Kemper B. BAP31 is involved in the retention of cytochrome P450 2C2 in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4142-8 pubmed
- Chen M, Yang Z, Smith K, Carter J, Nadler J. Activation of 12-lipoxygenase in proinflammatory cytokine-mediated beta cell toxicity. Diabetologia. 2005;48:486-95 pubmed
- Botteaux A, Sory M, Biskri L, Parsot C, Allaoui A. MxiC is secreted by and controls the substrate specificity of the Shigella flexneri type III secretion apparatus. Mol Microbiol. 2009;71:449-60 pubmed publisher..Although with a 10-fold reduced efficiency compared with the wild-type strain, the mxiC mutant was still able to enter epithelial cells...
- Tan J, Kuang W, Jin Z, Jin F, Xu L, Yu Q, et al. Inhibition of NFkappaB by activated c-Jun NH2 terminal kinase 1 acts as a switch for C2C12 cell death under excessive stretch. Apoptosis. 2009;14:764-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study suggests that excessive ROS induced by undue stretch favor the activation of JNK1, which in turn inhibit the activity of NFkappaB, resulting in significant apoptosis. ..
- Dutilleul C, Ribeiro I, Blanc N, Nezames C, Deng X, Zglobicki P, et al. ASG2 is a farnesylated DWD protein that acts as ABA negative regulator in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Environ. 2016;39:185-98 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, ASG2 is the first farnesylated DWD (DDB1 binding WD40) protein related to ABA response in Arabidopsis that may be linked to era1 phenotypes. ..
- Connolly J, Tate R, McLennan N, Brown D, Telling G, Fraser J, et al. Properties of the cellular prion protein expressed in Xenopus oocytes. Neuroreport. 2002;13:1229-33 pubmed..The protein is glycosylated, fully protease sensitive and expressed on the cell surface. Xenopus oocytes therefore provide a useful model system for the study of prion proteins and their associated disease processes. ..
- Rapp M, Schein J, Hunt K, Nalam V, Mourad G, Schultes N. The solute specificity profiles of nucleobase cation symporter 1 (NCS1) from Zea mays and Setaria viridis illustrate functional flexibility. Protoplasma. 2016;253:611-23 pubmed publisher..The data presented here reveal that within Viridiplantae, NCS1 proteins transport a broad range of nucleobase compounds and that the solute specificity profile varies with species. ..
- Ha C, Hwang E, Kim E, Lee D, Chang S, Lee B, et al. The molecular mechanism of NELL2 movement and secretion in hippocampal progenitor HiB5 cells. Mol Cells. 2013;36:527-33 pubmed publisher..Therefore, NELL2 may affect the cellular activity of cells in a paracrine or autocrine manner. ..
- Wang X. The expanding role of mitochondria in apoptosis. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2922-33 pubmed
- Vigil D, Martin T, Williams F, Yeh J, Campbell S, Der C. Aberrant overexpression of the Rgl2 Ral small GTPase-specific guanine nucleotide exchange factor promotes pancreatic cancer growth through Ral-dependent and Ral-independent mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:34729-40 pubmed publisher..In summary, our observations support nonredundant roles for RalGEFs in Ras-mediated oncogenesis and a key role for Rgl2 in Ral activation and Ral-independent PDAC growth. ..
- Hammond J, McCullumsmith R, Funk A, Haroutunian V, Meador Woodruff J. Evidence for abnormal forward trafficking of AMPA receptors in frontal cortex of elderly patients with schizophrenia. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2010;35:2110-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that there is an alteration of forward trafficking of AMPA receptors as well as changes in the subcellular localization of an AMPA receptor subunit in schizophrenia. ..
- Kim E, Choi Y, Lee S, Seo Y, Yoon J, Baek K. Characterization of the Drosophila melanogaster retinin gene encoding a cornea-specific protein. Insect Mol Biol. 2008;17:537-43 pubmed publisher..Western blot analysis and immunohistochemical studies of D. melanogaster eyes suggest that retinin is a cornea-specific protein. ..
- McKinsey T, Zhang C, Lu J, Olson E. Signal-dependent nuclear export of a histone deacetylase regulates muscle differentiation. Nature. 2000;408:106-11 pubmed
- Yao Q, Jin W, Wang Y, Ju G. Regulated shuttling of Slit-Robo-GTPase activating proteins between nucleus and cytoplasm during brain development. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2008;28:205-21 pubmed..4) These results suggest that srGAPs are not only involved in the regulation of the Slit-Robo signal transduction, but also in neuronal development and that the translocation of srGAPs is important for their functions. ..
- Mousley C, Tyeryar K, Ryan M, Bankaitis V. Sec14p-like proteins regulate phosphoinositide homoeostasis and intracellular protein and lipid trafficking in yeast. Biochem Soc Trans. 2006;34:346-50 pubmed..Thus SFH proteins individually regulate specific aspects of lipid metabolism that couple, with exquisite specificity, with key cellular functions. ..
- Bondar T, Kalinina A, Khair L, Kopanja D, Nag A, Bagchi S, et al. Cul4A and DDB1 associate with Skp2 to target p27Kip1 for proteolysis involving the COP9 signalosome. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:2531-9 pubmed..Moreover, we provide evidence for a physical association between Cul4A, DDB1, and Skp2. We speculate that the F-box protein Skp2, in addition to utilizing Cul1-Skp1, utilizes Cul4A-DDB1 to induce proteolysis of p27Kip1. ..
- Li S, Intini G, Bobek L. Modulation of MUC7 mucin expression by exogenous factors in airway cells in vitro and in vivo. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2006;35:95-102 pubmed..In the lungs, MUC7 seems to be expressed within the respiratory epithelium at the level of the bronchioles. Upon stimulation with LPS, it seems to be overexpressed within the same cells and within the stromal tissue. ..
- Wang X, Marvizon J. Time-course of the internalization and recycling of neurokinin 1 receptors in rat dorsal horn neurons. Brain Res. 2002;944:239-47 pubmed
- Yu S, Roth M. Casein kinase I regulates membrane binding by ARF GAP1. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2559-70 pubmed..Thus, a CKI isoform is required for protein traffic through the early secretory pathway and can modulate the amount of ARF GAP1 that can bind to membranes. ..
- Beier T, Svezhova N, Radchenko A, Sidorenko N. [Formation and diversity of parasitophorous vacuoles in parasitic protozoa. The Coccidia (Sporozoa, Apicomplexa)]. Tsitologiia. 2003;45:339-56 pubmed..Since all the coccidia are obligate intracellular parasites, the mode of their intimate interaction with the HC, largely accomplished via the PV and its membrane, is vital for their survival as biological species...
- Szeto T, Rowland S, Rothfield L, King G. Membrane localization of MinD is mediated by a C-terminal motif that is conserved across eubacteria, archaea, and chloroplasts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:15693-8 pubmed publisher..A model is proposed whereby the membrane-targeting motif mediates the rapid cycles of membrane attachment-release-reattachment that are presumed to occur during pole-to-pole oscillation of MinD in E. coli...
- Zhou C, Wong O, Masters J, Williamson M. Effect of cancer-associated mutations in the PlexinB1 gene. Mol Cancer. 2012;11:11 pubmed publisher..PlexinB1 mutations block plexinB1-mediated signalling pathways that inhibit cell motility. ..
- Calero Cuenca F, Espinosa Vázquez J, Reina Campos M, Diaz Meco M, Moscat J, Sotillos S. Nuclear fallout provides a new link between aPKC and polarized cell trafficking. BMC Biol. 2016;14:32 pubmed publisher..We propose a regulatory loop by which Nuf promotes aPKC apical recycling until sufficient levels of active aPKC are reached. Thus, we provide a novel link between cell polarity regulation and traffic control in epithelia. ..
- Batra J, Tripathi S, Kumar A, Katz J, Cox N, Lal R, et al. Human Heat shock protein 40 (Hsp40/DnaJB1) promotes influenza A virus replication by assisting nuclear import of viral ribonucleoproteins. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19063 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate an important role for cellular chaperone Hsp40/DnaJB1 in influenza A virus life cycle by assisting nuclear trafficking of viral ribonucleoproteins. ..
- Dobrzyn A, Dobrzyn P, Miyazaki M, Sampath H, Chu K, Ntambi J. Stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 deficiency increases CTP:choline cytidylyltransferase translocation into the membrane and enhances phosphatidylcholine synthesis in liver. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:23356-62 pubmed..Our study revealed that SCD1 deficiency specifically increases CCT activity by promoting its translocation into membrane and enhances PC biosynthesis in liver. ..
- Wang Z, Liang R, Huang G, Piao Y, Zhang Y, Wang A, et al. Glucosamine sulfate-induced apoptosis in chronic myelogenous leukemia K562 cells is associated with translocation of cathepsin D and downregulation of Bcl-xL. Apoptosis. 2006;11:1851-60 pubmed
- Wang Y, Li Y, Chen B, Zhang Y, Lou G, Chen S, et al. Identification and characterization of PNRC splicing variants. Gene. 2008;423:116-24 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PNRC exists as functionally distinct isoforms and alternative splicing serves as a regulatory mechanism of PNRC coactivator activity. ..
- Martínez Fábregas J, Díaz Moreno I, González Arzola K, Janocha S, Navarro J, Hervas M, et al. New Arabidopsis thaliana cytochrome c partners: a look into the elusive role of cytochrome c in programmed cell death in plants. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:3666-76 pubmed publisher..The data have been deposited to the ProteomeXchange with identifier PXD000280. ..